Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center Reviews

Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 7
  • Kelly

Kelly Younggren · Married on 06/22/2019

Highly recommend!

This venue was perfect. The barn, farmhouse, and clubhouse had everything we needed for an amazing wedding weekend. All of our guests raved about how beautiful and fun the venue was too. Not to mention, the staff is wonderful. Veronica did an amazing job with decorations- she captured my vision perfectly and was so nice. Amber was very organized and took so much stress of our shoulders as our “day of coordinator”. She was always available for questions while planning and kept our wedding day going smoothly!

Sent on 07/31/2019
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 18
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 19
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 20
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 21
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 22
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 23

Kelly,
    Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so glad you had such a great experience at our venue! You and Aaron were a joy to work with and we wish you blessings on your future together. Congratulations on your wedding!

Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center

Rebecca · Married on 09/29/2018

My twin sister got married September 29 at the sonshine barn. This is the most amazing and beautiful venue I’ve ever seen! Veronica and Rachel were so accomidating and awesome to work with! Everything you need is right within the complex, absolutely perfect for a wedding! Love this venue and the staff only made the experience better!

Sent on 10/01/2018
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 24
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 25

Rebecca,

Thank you! What a joy it was to host your twin sister's wedding. We strive to make every bride's wedding day special and it's always great to hear such positive feedback from the wedding party.

Lindsay · Married on 09/29/2018

This venue is absolutely amazing! We could not have asked for better venue to have our wedding! We loved everything about it! The farmhouse and clubhouse were so convenient, our guests loved the barn and we got multiple compliments saying it was the best wedding they had ever been to! Of course, we could not have done it all if it had not been for Veronica! She went above and beyond to make the weekend exactly what we wanted and we are so grateful for her! I would recommend this venue 1000% of the time!

Sent on 10/03/2018
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 26
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 27
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 28

Lindsay,

Thank you for the great review! All of our staff enjoyed working with you and your family! Congratulations on your wedding and a lifetime of happiness.

David · Married on 09/23/2018

Beautiful Venue. The grounds are stunning. They have thought of everything imaginable. They even have weddding decor on site available to rent.

Sent on 09/26/2018

David,

Thank you for the kind words! We make it our goal to provide a full experience!

Lisa · Married on 09/08/2018

Sonshine Barn was the greatest find in our wedding planning! I happened upon an article in a Northern Michigan magazine and immediately called to schedule a visit. From that first call through our wedding weekend, they have been amazing to work with. The venue is spectacular! The people are amazing, from the cleaning crew to the wedding planners to the family owners! We rented the farmhouse and clubhouse from Wed- Sun, which I would highly recommend. The farmhouse is so charming and has a lovely wrap around porch, beautiful deck/yard, game room, plenty of beds and baths, and can fit the whole family or wedding party! The clubhouse is a great place to have some fun with the pool table, basketball court and video games. We hosted a lovely welcome party on Friday night on the clubhouse/farmhouse decks and yard. The wedding barn is stunning and was so comfortable for our guests. The barn amazingly has heat and air, so it can accommodate any weather issue. The wedding planners included in the package truly are a gem and made our wedding weekend flawless! I can't say enough great things about the Sonshine property and people! We will always treasure our wonderful memories at this incredible place!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Lisa,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad you guys enjoyed your stay at the farmhouse and the wedding was beautiful! It was a joy working with your family!

Jessica

Casey · Married on 07/28/2018

The MOST AMAZING experience, everything went perfect. We had zero issues on our wedding day. We used all preferred vendors. Sarah was fantastic with the entire process from planning to decorating to executing. I have yet to hear one negative thing or one thing that went wrong from anyone at our wedding (which was large). Best venue!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center's reply:

Casey, thank you so much for the kind words! So glad everyone enjoyed the venue and things went beautifully!

Marissa · Married on 07/03/2018

My whole experience with the Sonshine Barn was a dream! Sarah Freeman made my wedding so easy to plan and really gave me a wedding at 18 years old one I have always dreamed of! The venue is absolutely gorgeous perfect summer day for a ceremony outside and then the inside barn reception was stunning! We also rented the Farmhouse which was such an amazing experience to spend with all of your wedding party and family. It really made us all become one big family. I would 10/10 recommend this wedding venue to anyone! All of my guest said it was the most beautiful wedding they have been to and I would have to agree my wedding was a dream come true. I could go on and on about this place and the amazing staff they have but to keep it short, they’re absolutely amazing.

Sent on 09/05/2018
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 35
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 36
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 37

Marissa,

Thank you for the great review! We enjoyed hosting your wedding and so glad you had such a beautiful perfect day!

Stephanie · Married on 05/26/2018

This is the most amazing barn venue in Michigan! Top notch service and the most beautiful location! Just perfect!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Stephanie,

Thank you for sharing! We work hard to provide excellent service and facilities!

Shari · Married on 05/12/2018

Our son & daughter in law were married at Sonshine barn in May 2018. From our first meeting with Veronica, one of their wedding coordinators included with the venue, we knew the owners amd staff @ Sonshine had spent a lot of time and attention making sure their guests would have everything they needed and more. The barn is absolutely amazing, the bridal suite for the bridal party to get ready the day of the wedding is nothing short of elegant, the grounds are breathtaking, the farmhouse included with the package is so beautiful. The clubhouse where the groomsmen can get ready is a perfect distraction for the guys while the ladies are busy getting ready all day!! We were able to rent the air bnb right next door for the groomsmen to stay with us for the weekend so they didn't have the added expense of hotel rooms. You can rent decorations, I cannot say enough about our perfect experience at Sonshine Barn! I promise you will not be sorry you made the choice to venture to beautiful Gaylord, MI for the perfect wedding experience @ Sonshine Barn

Sent on 08/09/2018
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 44
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 45
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 46

Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center's reply:

Shari, Thank you so much for your rave review! We sure appreciate you taking the time to submit! We're so glad you had a wonderful experience at our venue for your son and daughter in-law's wedding!
  • W

Wendy · Married on 05/12/2018

Our daughters wedding was here in May 2018. Everyone that we came in contact was wonderful and worked many hours to make sure the venue was perfect! We couldn’t be more satisfied! Thank you Sonshine Barn from the grounds crew to Veronica our wedding planner! Extraordinary venue!

Sent on 08/09/2018

Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center's reply:

Wendy, thank you for the glowing review! We're grateful that you had a wonderful time here! We sure love Veronica and the other staff as well! Glad you had a terrific experience for your daughter's wedding!

Jordan · Married on 10/28/2017

I cannot speak enough about this venue, their staff, and the passion they have for ensuring you have the day you envision/deserve, AND THEN SOME! Aside from marrying the love of my life, hosting our wedding weekend here was one of the best times of my life! Almost a year later (still married btw ;)) and my family and friends still tell us how much they enjoyed everything from our rehearsal BBQ we held at the Farmhouse the night before (almost 150 people!!!!) to the ceremony and reception.
    I am still so smitten over our experience here, I think you'll find it tough to top Sonshine!

Apart from having the entire weekend to get settled, and setup (which is wonderful!) I think the best part about the venue in its entirety is how it can accommodate anyone and everyone in your guest list. The kids spent a ton of time playing basketball and pool in the clubhouse, the farmhouse provided us a place to house out of town guests where they can store their belongings safely with peace of mind and comfort. The bridal suite was idyllic, and the most perfect place for me and my girls to hang while getting ready. And that barn, my goodness! I wouldn't change one plank of wood on, or in it! <3
    I adored everyone who I met at Sonshine, and Lori Kates is certainly no exception. Need something? She's probably already thought about it. Forgot one last minute thing, or detail? She's got it. Need her to keep some of your family members in line? Say not a word. Exceptional she is! There wasn't anything I brought up that she couldn't/wouldn't do, and that is something you can only fully appreciate after you've had a moment to reflect on the entire weekend. To think about how smoothly our entire day ran, was because of her! Forever grateful for her help, she felt like family in short order.

All the love and thanks to the Sonshine team - you are amazing!
    10.28.2017

Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 52
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 53
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 54

Jordan,

Wow thank you for the incredible review! We couldn't have said it better ourselves!

And we are grateful your special day went well and you and your guests could get the most from our venue and its facilities! Sounds like everyone had a time to remember!

Chloe · Married on 08/19/2017

"It truly is THE most beautiful wedding venue! The wedding planning we were assigned (comes along with the venue!) helped our big day run perfectly. The farmhouse is a perfect location to have your rehearsal dinner, and it slept our whole wedding party and more!! Some of our wedding guests are still talking about how beautiful our wedding day was, all thanks to Sonshine Barn!"

Sent on 08/08/2018

Chloe,
    Appreciate your rave review and thankful you had a terrific wedding here and could use all our facilities! We enjoyed hosting your wedding as well.

Jaclyn · Married on 09/03/2016

My husband and I got married here on September 3, 2016 and it couldn't have gone better!!!! It was beautiful there and everybody was so helpful! I would definitely recommend this venue to anybody who is looking!

Sent on 09/05/2018
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 55

Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center's reply:

Thank you Jaclyn for your glowing review! Glad everything went smoothly!

Alexis · Married on 07/12/2014

I had my wedding at the wedding venue and the venue was absolutely stunning! The staff was extremely helpful and every detail was met to my expectation! Thank you to everyone who made my experience perfect!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Jackie · Married on 09/13/2008

Veronica and her assistant Amber were amazing!! There for the bride and family when we had questions and made sure the venue was stunning and ready for the big day! Thank you both for making my little sister big day a dream come true!! I would highly recommend the Sonshine barn, the entire property was beautiful!

Sent on 10/01/2018
    Sonshine Barn Wedding & Event Center 56

Jackie,

Thank you for the great review! We enjoyed getting to be a part of your sister's wedding day and we are so glad she had such a beautiful day!