39 Reviews for Sonja Revells Photography

Multi. Locations (1)
One Event/Day (1)
Digital Files (1)
37 Sonja Revells Photography Reviews

Sonja was excellent photographing many different combinations of family and wedding party pictures. She was creative and paid close attention to details.
We had some challenging situations and she was very patient and had a great sense of humor. I would definitely use her again!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/23/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

Sonja was extremely professional and had great suggestions to make sure that my proposal to my now Fiance was perfect. She was very willing to make sure that everything that I wanted was done. Being from Indiana, Sonja provided me with crucial information about ocean photography that helped our pictures to be breath taking. I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone that is wanting to get any type of photography done in the Destin FL area.

Profile Picture Ty, 6/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sonja stepped in and saved the day when my photographer had a family emergency the day before my wedding. We spoke for the first time the morning of my wedding and immediately hit it off. I felt like we were longtime friends by the end of the night. She made everything so fun and relaxed and truly went above and beyond. The photos were absolutely gorgeous!!! I could not have asked for a better experience!

Profile Picture Hannah, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sonja knows her business! She's personable, an exceptional listener, and lightening fast at capturing images at your event (I can barely recall seeing her at the wedding, but she got some GORGEOUS shots.....how did you do that??). The best of the best. I'm definitely using her for my next destination wedding!

Profile Picture Kevin, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was a real pleasure working with Sonja. She is very professional and takes amazing photos.

Profile Picture Jim, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sonja is a true professional and takes amazing photos. Look no further. You've found your photographer.

Profile Picture Jim, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We loved using Sonja for our special day. She had some great ideas and made some incredible photos. I can't wait until we have our wedding album put together and be able to reflect on the beauty of that event. Thank you!!

Profile Picture Lori, 6/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sonja was amazing. She just clicked with our bridal party, family and guest. Her pictures are amazing and we consider her part of our family now. We just love her.

Profile Picture Robbi, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was wonderful having such a gifted photographer at our wedding on the beach. She has such an intuitive ability with light, sunset, capturing special impromptu moments!! love her work SO much that we choose her to do professional photos for our rental home AND several month later -family beach photos. Sonja is awesome. So glad we found her through a friend and now can recommend her to the masses. She's THE BEST!! We will be hiring her for any and all events in the future. Donna

Profile Picture donna, 2/14/16, 1 Review
2.0

Sonja took a good amount of photos. She asked for a list of photos that must be taken, including relatives. She missed some important family and the one photo she claimed she could do. After the shoot, we had a hard time getting the CD with all of the photos. We received the CD about 6 months after the wedding and have yet to receive an 11x14 she offered free of charge for the delay. It's been 2 years.

Profile Picture Bonni, 1/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sonja's style and personality really added to our wedding and reception! Her quality is absolutely bar-none while her prices are reasonable. She's a woman who knows how to get the shot and yet doesn't interfere with any of the activities going on. Her photos are AH-mazing! You will not regret your decision to hire her!

Profile Picture Kris, 12/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sonja and her assistant were amazing! My wedding was only 5 days ago, and Sonja has already sent me a preview of a few images. She was so helpful during the entire planning process, which was particularly important since I had a destination wedding. Communication was fantastic, she would answer my questions promptly and thoroughly. Sonja was on time and was fun to have around, and her creativity was contagious. The creative and unique style of photographs that Sonja took will bring my husband and I years of joy ;) Thanks Sonja!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 12/13/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sonja did a very thorough job. She paid great attention to details.

Profile Picture Luanne, 7/18/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sonja was absolutely amazing. I knew she was AWESOME when I previewed her wedding photos from other clients, but after seeing the photos from my wedding, which I received just a few minutes ago, I was blown away all over again! She arrived early to my hotel room while I was getting ready, and she was so thoughtful and paid attention to so many details. For example, at one point we realized I needed to safety pin part of the hem of my dress, but since it was a destination wedding for me, I had nothing on me! Sonja came to the rescue and had safety pins in her bag and graciously offered them all to us! For the first sight photo shoot, she helped make sure it was executed perfectly, even keeping a watchful eye for people passing by who might've interfered with the shot. I appreciated her directing friends and family (especially the little ones) of where to stand, how to pose...only for the family photos. I loved the candid shots the best, and even though I managed not to cry at my wedding, I cried when I viewed the photos earlier :-) Sonja was great with my stepdaughter and made her feel like the photographer's assistant for part of the day, which helped my husband and I get some private, couple shots. I can't say enough great things about Sonja. I wish I were closer to her so I could have her shoot some more for me. I'm so glad we went with her, and if I had to go back, I'd definitely choose her all over again!

Profile Picture Hoda, 7/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sonja was absolutely wonderful! She captured so much emotion in our photos and so many perfect moments. I wasn't planning on hanging my photos up in my house, but after seeing how beautiful they came out, I've changed my mind! She also made us very comfortable and at ease. I would highly recommend!! Thank you again Sonja!! :)

Profile Picture Allison, 11/29/13, 2 Reviews
0.8

As of today I have to rate a 1 becuase I have no photos, was told 8 weeks and 8 weeks later nothing to look at. 4 or 5 emails 3 or 4 phone messages and no response. It doesn't take much to respond to an email.

Profile Picture Mike, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

She also gets 5 stars for creativity. Sonja is a dream to work with, she really helped me come out of my shell as I am not a posing for photos person (Im more of a funny face/silly pose person). She took great photos and also allowed us to be ourselves and take a few silly shots. She was very professional, by taking time to get to know us a little before the wedding, we were living in Germany at the moment, but a 20 minute conversation over the phone gave her all the info she needed to make our wedding photos reflect what our wedding was all about. Sonja has an amazing eye for photography, have a look for yourself.

It was great to have you at our wedding and a dream to have you as our photographer. Thank you Sonja!

Profile Picture Mara, 8/31/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sonja is an amazing photographer. She helped up choose the location and time of our Florida wedding because she knows the area & the daylight so well! I was very impressed with her ability to direct us & keep things moving. We were very happy with the photos we received.

Profile Picture User3610889, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
0.0

Reading all of Sonja's comments and looking at her previous work I was very surprised at the lack of service my wife and I received! We were told 3 weeks on our photos and 2 months later NOTHING. We can not even get a response from her now. Very upset

Profile Picture Joshua, 7/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sonja is a talented photographer, no doubt. The sneek-peek pictures were beautiful. Her demeanor is comfortable and professional in person. I marked her down in responsiveness and professionalism because it has been 14 weeks since the wedding, and I am still waiting for my DVD. The contract we signed says 4 to 6 weeks. After some stressful communication issues, I am told I will have the pictures in a few days. She is very busy and is not good about responding right away. Be willing to make the trade off of great pictures for so/so service after the fact if you want her for a photographer.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 3/30/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Excited to see pictures. Thank you for being apart of our special day.

Profile Picture terra, 3/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband I used Sonja Revells Photography for our destination wedding in Seaside, FL. Sonja was exceptional! She is fun and professional! We had the best time posing for pictures and I know that they will tell the story of our special day and we will treasure them forever. Thank you so much Sonja!
Wes and Tavia Stevens

Profile Picture Tavia, 3/7/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

I can't rave enough about Sonja! She was amazing to work with. Using Sonja Revells Photography was the absolute best decision that I made for our wedding, and I loved everything about our big day! She went above and beyond. She is very easy to communicate with and was in contact with me through every step of the process. She was patient and kind, silly and fun, everything you could hope for in a photographer and her talent is clearly visible in her photos. Sonja more than accommodated all of my requests and was very helpful when it came to planning the timing and a schedule for the photos on the wedding day. Also she is military friendly which is a huge bonus in my book! I certainly hope to use her services again one day.... perhaps a maternity shoot in the future ;)

Profile Picture User1564580, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
1.5

My daughter used Sonja last year for her engagement and wedding pictures.
The engagement pictures were very good and we received them in reasonable amount of time. Sonja was professional at the wedding. Some of the wedding pictures were very good. We did not get the cd of the wedding pictures until about 10 months after the wedding. It took 14 months to get the canvas print - which is NOT canvas, as promised - it is just a large photograph. This print arrived several months after Sonja told my daughter she would have it in a couple of weeks. It has been well over a year and we are still waiting on the album we paid for. About six months ago she told my daughter she would have the album in a couple of weeks – again, that was about six months ago. We have gotten no response from Sonja when we tried to contact her. It seems that at this point our only recourse to get her to fulfill her contractual obligations in full is to turn the matter over to our attorney.
The pictures were good but I'm not sure that they were any better than any other professional could have taken. If you don't mind the ridiculous wait and/or hiring an attorney to receive the items you purchased and little to no contact after the final payment has been made, then she is the photographer to use.

Profile Picture Tina, 6/22/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sonja completely captured our personalities and made our wedding something more beautiful than I could of imagined. She had such wonderfully creative ideas. She is a true artist!

Profile Picture Whitnee, 5/9/12, 1 Review