Something New and Blue Reviews

4.9 out of 5 rating

1 User photo

Mandy F. Married on 11/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Exceptional wedding photography and videography!

I cannot say enough good things about Anne, David, Bicky and Kim. We chose Something New and Blue's photo/video services for our wedding. When I arrived to the venue, Anne greeted me right away and started shooting as soon as we met that day. Her and her team had already shot all of our flatlays. Throughout the day, they moved with us seamlessly, navigating us through our first look, romantics, ceremony, reception reveal, sunset shots, and so, so, much more. They were with us the whole way. Anne, specifically, added such a fun, vibrant energy to our day! She knows exactly what shot she wants when she shoots, and she made my husband and I laugh so much. We still joke from time to time to "TOUCH NOSES!" "NOW KISS!" She's the best.

Beyond the actual day, the product we received was so much more than we anticipated. We have hours of raw video footage. Video of our entire ceremony. An incredible highlight video. And hundreds upon hundreds of beautiful photos. We are so grateful and happy we choose Something New for our wedding! It was one of the best decisions we made, easily. We've stayed in touch with Anne and Kim, and I cannot say enough about these exceptional, hard-working women. If you choose them for your wedding, you will be rewarded with a lifetime of beautiful memories!
  • Aimee
    Aimee T. Married on 03/15/2020

Amazing Memories!

Anne, David, and Kim are a fantastic team that produced such an amazing video that my husband and I will cherish for the rest of our lives. The team was a pleasure to work with from consultation to our wedding day despite the global cirumstances. We absolutely recommend Something New & Blue!

Something New and Blue's reply:

Hi Aimee! Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. We are so happy to be there for you guys. Thank you for having us. Best wishes Newlyweds!
  • Cori
    Cori D. Married on 11/09/2018

Best videographers!

Amazing and affordable!
    Booking and setting up the timeline for our special day with Anne was easy and effortless. Met David at the venue and after the first initial meeting kind of forgot he was there (which is a good thing). He's quick and quiet and gets every shot you want without you having to say anything to him. We received our 4 minute highlight video from Kim and it's AMAZING! I will NEVER regret getting a videographer for our wedding, I cry tears of joy and happiness every time I watch it!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Aleece N. Married on 09/08/2018

Fantastic A+ photographers!

Something New and Blue Photography are phenomenal! My Husband I and recently married, and after extensive research we chose Anne and David's company to provide photography services for our special day. They were easy to work with and helped us with our timeline and met beforehand at the venue to discuss details. We knew we were working with David and were incredibly thrilled that Anne was also available on our wedding day. We took pictures at 3 locations and all went on time and very smoothly. Anne and David are both very professional, fun to work with, have a very calm demeanor, and have creatively tasteful photographic vision. We were absolutely thrilled with how amazing the photos turned out! We are so grateful for our beautiful photos and recommend Something New and Blue Photography and the owners Anne and David!
    Gail Married on 08/18/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Kim and Anne from Something New and Blue shot our wedding photos and they are amazing! So detailed, patient, and an eye for photography! My wedding was in SF and they flew up from LA and even scoped out the area the day before for ideas. So easy to work with and quick turnaround too. Highly Recommend!
    Sarahken Married on 06/01/2018

Kenneth and Sarah's perfect day

David and Ann were very accommodating, professional and did excellent work. We were extremely happy with our pictures and video.
    Sabrina Married on 05/26/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Anne has been absolutely amazing! She quickly responds to all of my emails, calls, and texts. She was very flexible with us as far as price (we have a tight budget) and availability for our engagement shoot ( we were on a time crunch). I'm am looking forward to seeing what they can do for our wedding!
    Edeline F. Married on 02/17/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I am uploading a screenshot of my written review raving about Something New and Blue. I didn't want to leave anything out because they are seriously just that awesome and WeddingWire only gives you a certain amount of characters to work with. If you are looking for great photography and videography, look no further!
    Kittiwat Married on 05/26/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Anne and David were great to work with. Anne was a pleasure to communicate with and David took beautiful pictures. He made us feel comfortable on a fun, yet stressful day. We really love the pictures!
    Ashley Married on 05/20/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Anne and David did such an amazing job on capturing our special day and capturing the moments. You can tell they're very passionate about what they do. They're great to work with. I loved how our pictures turned out. Anne is really good at communication. She response so prompt and quick. I loved that. I would recommend them!
    Demoree Married on 12/30/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Can't say enough good things about Something New and Blue! They were great to work with. We had our reception in a vintage airplane museum. Our photographer, David, took incredible photos of us with the planes as a background. The lighting and angles were spot on! They also set up a photo booth that was a blast and made everything match our theme. Our guests are still posting and showing off the pictures! Anne's suggestions for timing on when to do pictures and when to run the photo booth worked out perfect. Their experience, professionalism, and passion for photography is unquestionable. We can't wait to have them back for family occasions and photo sessions!
    Tim Married on 11/05/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Something New and Blue were so easy to communicate and work with. They listened to the type of pictures we wanted and definitely came up with great photo ideas too (some of our favorites). On the day of, they were so organized it was a relief we didn't have to worry about anything, they just did their magic behind the lens. I would definitely recommend this group to a friend.
    Eileen Married on 10/08/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    And I call them " the power couple photographers" Anne and David are ultimately the best! We recently got married last October at UCI university club and we are so impressed with their timeliness , great personalities , professionalism, artistry and creativity. My husband and I knew when they took our engagement photos, Anne and David made us feel comfortable right away ( they have great packages, check it out ) then came our wedding day , no doubt that Push and Scream will deliver and they did!!!
  • User2749289 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    David and Anne were extremely professional, friendly and responsive from the day I met them. We were able to set up our initial meeting fast as my husband and I wanted too book a photographer for our engagement pictures. Their quotes for different packages were very reasonable and they offered discounts for each additional service added. We met once and I booked them as our engagement and wedding photographer- they were flexible in the amount of locations we could have for our session. We had our engagement session in Balboa Island, moved to Crescent Bay Point, then moved down to the actual Laguna Beach area near the rocks. David took so many beautiful photos in all locations and allowed us to change outfits AND have our dog in our photos. At the last location, he educated us about the "blue sky" background and timing and insist we wait for the perfect moment to take "blue sky" photos- he brought out a little bright light which illuminated both of us. He was extremely patient and kind to us and my mom. My mom was helping us carry props and watch our dog. Our photos were breathtaking! Anne kept in constant contact with me to answer all the questions and listened to our need for wedding day photos. She and David actually helped us with our wedding timeline to let us know the time they would arrive at our hotel for "getting ready" photos etc... They also took into consideration that we did not want a "first look", we didn't want to see each other until I walked down the aisle- they gave very good Pros and Cons to this which we took into account. David and Anne both showed up on time on our wedding day- ready to snap! They moved furniture around the hotel to allow room for our wedding party and us to fit without looking cramped in the room. They played with the lighting. They collaborated great with our videographer company (a separate company) to make sure the videographer also got the footage they needed. They were both very creative in poses for us a
    Cheryl Married on 06/10/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    David and Anne were nothing short of spectacular. From the moment we came to their office all the way to the wrap up of our session, they were warm, efficient, and just knew exactly what they were doing. Thank you so much, you two, for capturing the best day of our lives. Will forever recommend you to everyone!

Love, Jordan and Cheryl
    Jessica Married on 05/21/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Anne and David were very professional and so much fun to work with. You can definitely tell that they are both very passionate and love what they do. They did such an awesome job shooting my wedding in June and can I say that the photos came out PERFECT!!!! They got every angle and detail of each photo on point. If you hire them for your next event, you will not be disappointed.
    Anh Married on 05/06/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    They were absolutely amazing. Kim took photos for my San Francisco City Hall wedding and I couldn't have been more impressed. My wedding was intentionally small and informal, I really didn't know what to expect, other than wanting a few photos to commemorate the experience. Kim was upfront and honest that this was going to be her first shoot at SF City Hall, but that she was excited for the venue.
    You can definitely tell that Kim knew what she was doing and if this was her first shoot at the venue, she didn't let anyone know. Prior to the wedding, she sent me the itinerary and asked if I had anything in mind. She was really organized with the timing of the events and how she let us know her thoughts for photographing the memories so we would have great shots to look back on. Kim did all her homework in advanced, and was waiting for us when we got to City Hall. We were on a time constraint, but she brought us to beautiful locations within and now we have the most wonderful pictures to show for it.
    I was a bride who wasn't all too sure what I was looking for, but Kim welcomed that and challenged us to make our day brighter than we could ever expect. The wedding and ceremony were over in a flash, but the memories we have to look back upon are spectacular, and that was all thanks to Kim and Push & Scream for their guidance, professionalism, and beautiful work. Don't hesitate to book them, you will definitely not be disappointed! Thank you again Kim!
    Lisa Married on 02/27/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Push and Scream delivered the perfect wedding video! It was literally exactly what we wanted and matches the style we had in mind. They captured all of the special moments and were so easy to work with on our big day we barely felt like they were there yet they didn't miss a beat. I would highly recommend Push and Scream Event Services! The quality of their work is excellent and their prices are much more reasonable than almost all of the quotes I received from other vendors.Anne and Kim were awesome and gladly accommodated my requests and edits so quickly. Their turnaround time was great and they are extremely responsive!
  • User2543797 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Wedding photography shopping was one of the hardest things to do for our wedding because there are SO many photographers to choose from. It was even harder for me to sift through photography reviews vs. wedding venue reviews, I kid you not. I was fortunate enough to get a referral from my friend, Stefanie M., to Push and Scream.

Anne was very quick to respond to my initial email inquiry (within the hour). We met with Anne and David (a husband and wife team) in their OC studio and immediately, it felt like we were talking to old friends. We felt so comfortable with them right away and knew we wanted them to shoot our wedding photos. They worked out a custom photography package for us that fit our budget.

On our wedding day, Anne and David both came down to San Diego and were the best photography duo. The ceremony was at a Catholic church and they're very experienced with shooting photography there even with all the strict rules and restrictions set by the church. Everything went smoothly.

I really felt Anne's energy as she reminded me to think happy thoughts and "smile with my eyes." David was cool and calm even though our ceremony ran a bit long, which didn't leave very much time for our photoshoot before the reception, but we got it done all thanks to their efficiency! We did our romantic shots in Balboa Park (SD) and both David and Anne had so many great ideas that we could've stayed there for hours! I can't wait to see their shots!

Edit 2/15/16: Anne and David's turn around time for the sneak peak was lightening fast! All of our guests were amazed that they turned the photos around so quickly! Less than a week for the sneak peak. The rest of the photos followed shortly (just about a month). Wow!

Most of all, we love supporting small businesses, especially a family run one. Anne and David truly love what they do and it shows. They both worked tirelessly during our entire wedding day to keep things on schedule - we were really impressed by that.
  • User2500156 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Anne and David were referred to me by a friend, and I'll forever be grateful for that recommendation. Over the course of our engagement shoot and through our entire wedding day they were such an a,along team in how they communicated and calmed us down when (for me at least) I was getting tired and grumpy. :) They were very professional, but at the same time, between the shoots, they were our friends. Their photo editing style stuck out to us because it looked crisp, clear and clean-- we're not a fan of over-filtered, processed work, and we were thrilled to find our beautiful wedding photos were edited with the skill and talent we expected. I would love to work with them again in the future as we grow our family (whether puppies or babies!)
    Christina Married on 09/12/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    After shopping around for a while for affordable photography vendors in northern California, We were very fortunate to have Push and Scream photograph our wedding up north in American Canyon, CA. We could not have hoped for a better, more accommodating vendor! For their price points, the P&S team offers incredible value for the quality of services provided. David (photographer), Kim (Videographer), and Bicky (second shooter), were able to capture our whole day beautifully, from our parents’ homes, to the church ceremony, to the reception hall. The P&S team worked swiftly and creatively to capture beautiful images at the wedding, and the sheer bulk of photos delivered just one month after the event is impressive. We were also provided with a fun “sneek peek” of our photos just a few days after the wedding. David was very calm and professional throughout the whole event, which is a necessary personality type to have around during a very hectic day (If you become super stressed out like we were, rest assured David will calm you down and encourage you not to worry about your timeline and the hundreds of other things going on!) The P&S team is very easy to work with and we will not hesitate to recommend them to everyone we know for all their photography needs. Thanks again for all your good work, Push and Scream!
  • User2349655 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We hired Push and Scream to be our wedding vendors for our special day. We got their photography and videography package, as well as their photobooth package. We just simply love all their work, so Push and Scream was a one stop shop for us. Anne, David, and video crew were amazing people to work with. They listen to what kind of photos and video images we wanted and they took the time out of their busy schedule to do a walk through at our wedding venu.

Our wedding photos and videos all turned out beautiful and amazing! And the photobooth was also a big a hit! Our guests enjoyed it from beginning to end! The Push and Scream crew are so talented and creative on what they do. We are very happy that we hired them to be our wedding vendors. We highly recommend Push and Scream to all of our friends and family that will be getting married in the near future!
    María Married on 06/28/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    From start to finish we just LOVED working with Anne and David! They were super nice, professional and accommodative throughout the whole process.. We came in with as little as no idea what we wanted, but they lead us through everything and needless to say the results were amazing!!

From putting down a timeline for us down to the minute (I am not very organised and I needed that lol), to picking beautiful spots for our photographs and guiding us through the whole thing, what kind of shots we should get, with who, etc.. and what can I say? I probably would've gotten 2 good pictures from the day, but instead I have plenty!!

Ofc the day of the wedding is crazy and your head is all over the place, people are having fun (some a little too much), there's a lot of family and friends coming together from different places in the world and David was simply great in handling that situation, calm as he is, making us calm and assuring me we would get everything done. He managed to get beautiful pictures in between the whole running around greeting people and us being busy being bride and groom as well as the very important special moment pictures.

The turnaround was very fast as well and we got our very nice usb in a beautiful box only about a month after the wedding.
    I truly recommend Anne and David as you photographer! I know we will use them again in the future, worst thing about them is that now I can't decide which pics I want to blow up and my home might end up like a shrine to my own wedding :D THANK YOU PUSH AND SCREAM!
    Molly Married on 06/27/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We chose Push and Scream for our wedding videographers and had such a wonderful experience from the moment I first called them. My fiancé and I were unsure if we wanted to spend money on a videographer as it can be expensive. However, it has been 2 months since our wedding and we watch the videos (5 min highlight, 30 min longer version, and raw footage clips) more than anything else! We love the videos and think Push and Scream did an incredible job. The videographers were punctual, professional, and personable. The editors were able to really make our special day come alive and we were very pleased with everything! I highly recommend Push and Scream as a videographer!!
  • User2350552 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We hired push and scream for our wedding. Once we meet David and Anne we knew that they were going to be our photographers/videographers for our special day. They worked with us since we had a budget. Our vision were in sync for what we wanted in our pictures and videos. . They provided a ease of mind to us that made the wedding planning so much less stressful with their professionalism and always responding quickly. We couldn't be more pleased! Thank you push and scream!!
illustration stars