Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning Reviews

33 | Dedham, MA

33 Reviews for Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning

• Marilyn

Marilyn V. · Married on 04/20/2021

You NEED to have Julie by your side!!!

I am a wedding calligrapher in the New England area and I have had the pleasure of working with Julie of Something Bleu Weddings for two styled shoots. Julie is such a talented wedding planner who is organized, communicative, passionate, creative, and simply a joy to work with! Her attention to detail and the effort she gives each wedding/event is evident to her passion and servant's heart to go above and beyond for each of her cleints and their events. She had a clear vision that she communicated well and gave me everything that I needed to create according to the event's aesthetic which I greatly appreciated as a wedding vendor. I highly recommend having Julie for her planning and design services for your wedding or event!

Sent on 04/27/2021

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Marilyn! It has been an absolute pleasure getting to collaborate with you! You do absolutely beautiful work and I can't wait to work together again!

Rosebud C. · Married on 01/01/2021

A Professional Gem!

I've worked with Julie from Something Bleu Weddings on a few styled shoots and a personal dinner and has always been such a treat! Each time I’ve worked with her, she has put together an impressive team of vendors to create an extraordinary result. She is so creative and continues to bring stunning ideas that showcase authenticity and beauty. Julie works very professionally but is a gem of a gal, someone any bride would definitely feel comfortable with!

Sent on 04/30/2021

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It has been such a pleasure getting to collaborate with you on styled wedding shoots and for some personal calligraphy needs! I absolutely love your work and I can't wait to work together more in the future! Thank you so much for your lovely words!

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/04/2019

Perfect Day of Coordination

Julie was so helpful in coordinating with our vendors the week before the wedding, and helped our wedding run flawlessly the day of! It was such a relief to have someone so knowledgeable helping to take the pressure off so we could enjoy the day stress free!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for entrusting Something Bleu be apart of your special day! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your family to make your fall barn wedding a success! Wishing you both a wonderful future ahead!

Alyssa H. · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing coordinator for our backyard wedding!

We held our wedding in the backyard of my parents house in Framingham. We were dead set on this location, but it meant that we had to be in charge of every little detail including bathrooms, catering, decorations, tents, anything you can think of! We hired Julie as our day of coordinator because we were feeling overwhelmed with all of the moving parts and little details. Julie was extremely professional and competent from the beginning! From her first phone call through the end of the wedding, we always felt like we were in good hands. She did a great job keeping track of all our vendors, making phone calls and emails the week of, and helping with the entire set up of the wedding, including implementing all the decorations and little details. One thing I really appreciated about Julie was how on the day of, whenever there decisions or issues to address, she would come to me with multiple concrete solutions, and all I had to do was pick one. My husband and I were able to enjoy our wedding to the fullest, and we wouldn’t have been able to without Julie’s help! She was also much more affordable than other coordinators we looked into, but still provided every bit of help we needed!! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/22/2019

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was truly a pleasure to work with you and your whole family on your wedding day! I wish you and Ryan a wonderful future ahead!
  • Shannon

Shannon F. · Married on 09/07/2019

Julie saved us

We could not have handled our 120 guest backyard wedding without Julie. If you are on the fence about whether to hire her, it will be the best money you spend on your wedding or other event. I wanted to be guest at our daughter's wedding held at our home. On the day of the wedding, I was a wreck until she arrived and took over. Julie was so calm and professional; I just left everything in her hands for the rest of the day. It was perfect.

Sent on 04/15/2020

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was such a pleasure to work with you and your family for Alyssa and Ryan's big day! Your home is truly a spectacular home to host a wedding, with some of the loveliest gardens I have ever seen! Thank you for entrusting me to be apart of your families special day!
  • Kelly

Kelly A. · Married on 08/10/2019

Excellent day-of services

I planned a backyard wedding at my parents' house, and Julie's help was crucial in having such an amazing day. She helped us organize the flow and layout of the yard and the day ahead of time, quickly answering any (long or short) emails thoroughly. On the day of my wedding, she arrived, briefly checked in with my mother and me about the specifics of what we had agreed to, and then got straight to work setting up our tables and decorations without any further questions. She appeared exactly when needed to help facilitate the ceremony timing, and blended seamlessly into the background during all other moments, organizing and taking care of anything that needed to be handled.
    A wedding goes by so quickly, and having Julie around allowed my mother, the host, to focus on greeting old friends and walking me down the aisle, rather than greeting vendors or fetching last-minute needs. Julie Riley is well organized, experienced, and very knowledgeable about all aspects of all types of weddings. I would highly recommend her service to any bride, and especially any bride hosting a backyard wedding.

Sent on 09/20/2019

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for entrusting me to be part of your special day as your Day of Wedding Coordinator! It was a beautiful summer wedding! Wishing you and Joe a lifetime of happiness ahead!
  • Christina

Christina S. · Married on 06/08/2019

Above & Beyond Day-of-Wedding Coordination

Day of Coordinators are the silent unsung heroes of the wedding day. As a fellow wedding vendor I always encourage brides to have one if they don't already have a full planner or coordinator. So when it came to my own wedding day I knew I needed a day of coordinator to relieve any day of pressures and keep everything running smoothly. I can't even begin to describe how happy I am that I connected with Julie.
    From our initial conversation I could tell how organized and detail-focused she was. It was also clear that she had a passion for planning and coordinating. She brought up so many great points and reminders that I didn't even think about! And as a fellow wedding vendor I thought I had this on lock haha.
    Her communication through the whole process was incredibly professional, reassuring, and kind. When it came to the actual wedding day it was such an incredible relief to not worry about setup and logistics. Instead I could focus on marrying the love of my life and celebrating with my friends. I chose to have my wedding at a venue where I knew that I could bring in all my own vendors I wanted from catering to alcohol to decor. Julie made sure that each vendor knew the correct timeline for deliveries and helped to make sure everything was in place. She even set up the sweetheart table and table decor!
    And while Julie did an outstanding job coordinating the day and making sure everything ran smoothly, I will be forever grateful for her kindness and genuine willingness to make sure that my husband and I had nothing to worry about. My father has some mobility issues and specific health needs and Julie made sure that my parents were comfortable. Even making sure that my dad got to the reception hall first to make sure he could comfortably access anything he needed. She also checked in on my parents throughout the night to make sure they had everything they were ok. We also had our dog be part of our wedding and Julie checked up on her during the reception a few times making sure she got a few walks and extra attention.
    My husband and I are forever grateful for the part Julie played in making our day as fun and easy as it was. If you are looking for someone that you can trust with your wedding day, Julie is IT.

Sent on 07/27/2019

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Christina! It was my absolute pleasure to be your Day of Coordinator! It was a truly gorgeous day! Wishing you both so much happiness ahead!

Amy P. · Married on 04/12/2019

Excellent Event Planner

Julie from Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning helped me plan my company's corporate holiday parties from 2015 to 2018. As the Office Manager to a small startup tech company I was in charge of planning the yearly holiday parties, but as the company grew and we needed to move the parties to a venue and not at an employee's home I needed some help! In 2015 Julie coordinated a holiday party at the Barn at Gibbet Hill. We had a raffle and large indoor games to play, everyone loved it! In 2016 Julie coordinated the holiday party at Willowdale Estate and did a fantastic job helping stay on track with the budget. In 2017 & 2018 she coordinated the holiday party at Tupper Manor which quickly became a favorite holiday party venue amongst our employees and the location was great. Her knowledge of the venues was impressive and she offered creative ideas on how to maximize our budget for the parties. The company had new management in 2019, otherwise I would have continued to work with Julie for our annual holiday parties moving forward. Julie is detail oriented, highly organized, and very kind to work with. I would highly recommend her to help plan your event or wedding!

Sent on 01/06/2021

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you for many years to plan and coordinate VCX's corporate holiday parties! Thank you for trusting my skills and creativity. I loved getting to work with you and I hope we can do it again in the future! Wishing you all the best!
  • Kalie

Kalie C. · Married on 10/20/2018

Fall Wedding Coordination

I don’t know what we would have done without Julie on our wedding day. She did it all (and more) for us to ensure everything went smoothly. Our families are still raving about her to us, weeks after! Thank you Julie!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for having me be part of your big day as your Day of Coordinator! I greatly enjoyed working with you and your families. It was a beautiful day and I wish you and Darrin all the happiness in the world!

Gail · Married on 09/15/2018

My daughter's wedding was perfect! In large part is because that day was handled beautifully by Julie (Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning). She was wonderful. I did not have to worry about a thing! I highly recommend Julie as your wedding and event planner.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was a great privilege to bring together Brittany & Jame's big day! Thank you for entrusting my skills & experience to be the Day of Coordinator for your daughters wedding! It was a beautiful seaside wedding!

Jen S. · Married on 08/25/2018

Julie is just absolutely wonderful to work with! She is sweet, attentive, responsive and very accommodating. We hired her as our Day of Wedding Coordinator and very happy we did. She took the time to listen to all the details at one month out and one week prior to the wedding day. She contacted all vendors and kept them in check the wedding week. Our wedding day needed a point person to manage the tight timeline as it involved getting the chapel ready for ceremony right after an afternoon Mass, decorating reception venue, as well as getting the Bridal Party to the ceremony right on time while also working with many other vendors with their own timelines. In the end everything went smoothly and all our guests had a grand time. All thanks to Julie who I highly recommend!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was such a pleasure to be part of your special day at one of my favorite ocean front wedding venues! Wishing you both all the happiness in the world!

Kate · Married on 06/23/2018

Julie coordinated with vendors, helped our reception look gorgeous (we had extra flowers so she placed them all around the space), and made sure guests stayed dry when it unexpectedly rained, using an umbrella to help people stay dry as they shuffled to and from the food station and bar! Thank you, Julie!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

I was so happy to be part of your big day! Thank you for entrusting my creativity with your reception space! The flower wall is a big hit!

Michalene · Married on 06/16/2018

Julie and her assistant were an absolute pleasure to work with. From all her work behind the scenes to her day of services, Julie did not disappoint. She kept our wedding day moving and most importantly organized. Julie worked extremely well with all of our vendors, especially our venue coordinator. She kept the communication following and made sure everyone followed the timeline which was a huge request of mine. I did not want to be late! I also had a lot of decorations and she executed my vision flawlessly. Overall, working with Julie was a great experience from start to finish and I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for letting Something Bleu be apart of your special day! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your family to make your wedding day a complete success!

Mariana · Married on 05/27/2018

Where do I even begin?
    We had a coordinator at our reception venue, but were specifically looking for a day of coordinator who could help us with all of the logistics of getting our families and bridal party to our church ceremony and taking care of logistics to get our guests across town to the reception.
    We initially had a tough time finding a coordinator who could help us with exactly what we needed (without all the extra stuff we knew we didn’t need help with!)-but as soon as we talked with Julie, we knew that all of our wedding day plans were in good hands!

Julie was SO responsive over the phone, sent us a ton of resources and checklists to help us get organized before she took over confirming final logistics in the weeks before our wedding.
    She and Jessica honestly made every happen so perfectly and seamlessly on the day of the wedding that I almost forgot there were logistics!!
    Our families and guests got to where they needed to be (without a single hiccup!), all of our vendors arrived on time, and Julie and Jessica did an amazing job of handling day-of details so we could simply enjoy our big day. (We had so much fun getting to know them!) They meshed so well with our coordinator at our venue and with our other vendors which was so appreciated.
    We are beyond lucky we found Julie-she is such a gem and helped make our wedding day perfect!!!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you and Dylan for your special day!! Thank you for letting Something Bleu be apart of it!

Shana · Married on 09/16/2017

Julie Jensen was an absolute pleasure to work with! I couldn’t have asked for more. As expected, there are always a few snags somewhere and unfortunately for me it involved one of my vendors. This vendor was surprisingly rude in some of our interactions while trying to handle the problem that arose and Julie was right there by my side to help me confront this problem. She took the reigns and helped to assure me everything would be ok when I needed it the most. Aside from my snag she helped bring my vision to the most beautiful reality! My wedding day was perfect and with her assistance everything transitioned seamlessly. I highly recommend her and would use her services again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Julie · Married on 09/02/2017

Great Wedding!

My best friend shifted gears on her wedding plans due to covid and decided to have an intimate wedding within 3 weeks notice at an airbnb rental property. I knew she needed help so I reached out to Julie from Something Bleu and used her Consulting services. Julie was able to coordinate a photographer in my friends budget and style and hair and makeup artist within 3 weeks of the wedding. Her vendor recommendations were great! My friend ended up hiring Julie 2 weeks out from her wedding date for Day of Wedding Coordination and as a guest at the wedding I can say that Julie did a fantastic job stepping in with 2 weeks notice. She was very attentive to all of the details, helped keep the day flowing smoothly with the photographer and caterer and made sure the guest tables under the tent were set up perfectly. I would highly recommend Julie to help plan your wedding!

Sent on 12/04/2020

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

I am so glad I was able to work with you for your best friends big day! Thank you for reaching out about our Consulting services! I was glad to be able to facilitate the vendors she needed and then work with her as her Day of Wedding Coordinator with our Event Management package! It was great meeting you all!

Becky · Married on 05/20/2017

Julie was our day of coordinator for our May 2017 wedding. First of all I have to say it is a real challenge locating a day of planner who is truly that alone. I found many "day of" planners really want to be involved the whole month prior and the cost then increases dramatically.
    Julie was a total blessing. She took over on the day of when we couldn't be there to set up. She was exactly what we needed. She was easy to contact, to ask questions, and gave us her honest thoughts. We completely trusted her feedback and she never guided us wrong.
    We paid the extra hourly fee to bring her out to our wedding reception site and she helped us plan out the table settings. We we were working with a truly unique space. It really set our minds at ease that she saw the space and knew how to set it up on the big day.
    Our guests really enjoyed Julie, she kept our evening running smoothly, kept me hydrated, and figured out my bustle for me. She is truly the best and wouldn't have trusted anyone else for our wedding.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Brenda · Married on 02/05/2017

Julie Jensen was a dream to work with for my daughter's nautical themed baby shower! Wonderful to brain storm ideas with and always quick to reply. Her service made it a very special day for everyone! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby shower for my daughter and soon to arrive baby boy.

Sent on 02/24/2017

Meg · Married on 09/24/2016

Julie is extremely talented, patient, and was invaluable in our wedding day. Everything was taken care of and we never needed to worry and everything turned out perfect. Julie also recommended many of the professionals we used as vendors and they exceeded our expectations as well. We highly recommend her for all of your wedding and event needs.

Sent on 06/24/2016

Lynn · Married on 09/17/2016

We hired Julie for our Daughter’s September 17 wedding and her “Day of Wedding Coordinator Services”, and were extremely satisfied with her professional services.

Our Daughter and her Fiancé rented a 5-bedroom house on a picturesque lake in Westminster to host their outdoor wedding. They wanted a relaxed family party vibe, with no full service caterer, no servers or bartenders, and no DJ.

As a former wedding consultant, I knew that I could not be both an impartial consultant and the Mother-of-the-Bride. We searched the area, found Something Bleu, and after chatting with Julie briefly, realized that she would be perfect for our daughter’s wedding.

Julie reviewed our Daughter’s final to-do lists, and believe it or not, day-of event Gantt charts. She met everyone the evening before the wedding to supervise the ceremony rehearsal and review the reception. The next morning she arrived early and worked with family and friends to set the tables, place flowers and decorations, and sign off on food delivery. More importantly, she was at all times was our eyes and ears behind the scenes and kept everything flowing seamlessly throughout the day.

Julie’s assistance was absolutely essential in making the day the huge success that it was. Her special touches and suggestions were most welcome, and I highly recommend her.

Lynn H., Washington DC

Sent on 10/25/2016

Katie · Married on 07/30/2016

Julie was a great day-of coordinator. I think that especially if you are doing something like having your own venue with a lot of people (like a backyard wedding), you'd be crazy not to hire her. I was able to enjoy my day and know that there was someone there to handle our every need and making sure everything was going well. Her prices were very reasonable, as well.

Sent on 08/24/2016
  • MrsDplusD

Diane · Married on 07/16/2016

Julie of Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning saved our entire wedding day in simple and grand measures. She was our Day of Event Wedding Coordinator (Director) and she was SO helpful to us. Beyond measureable if we reflect more on it! From keeping us on schedule, to helping direct wedding guests from shuttle buses to the church and then at the reception from outside to the indoor reception rooms with A.C., she commanded an audience. Julie teamed with the Sales Director at our reception, along with our 2 photographers and 2 videographers. Julie saved my first wedding dress' bustle and my Groom, our wedding party and me are eternally grateful for that! She cared a LOT about us, the Bride and Groom, and integrated herself into being a KEY member of our Wedding Squad. She felt like family! Julie is a wonderful, genuine, professional and new friend!

Sent on 09/01/2016
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 01/17/2016

Julie is absolutely fantastic at what she does. She is the pinnacle of professional and organized. She was on top of every detail with a smile on her face. I'd hire her for any event in an instant.

Sent on 01/21/2016

Patricia · Married on 12/06/2015

Julie was an absolute pleasure to work with. There were so many little details we wanted to incorporate to our wedding celebration and she made sure everything was just as we envisioned it. She even worked with our other vendors to make sure a surprise band our friend hired for us worked seamlessly into our timeline. We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 12/23/2015