Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Kayla
    Kayla Married on 05/14/2022

The ultimate event manager

We used Julie for the last few months of plan ing and coordination. Julie was absolutely phenomenal and ensured a smooth wedding day from start to finish. We had multiple issues to address the week of the wedding, such as, protests where our photos were scheduled to take place and a road closure where our ceremony was being held. Julie to the rescue! Her attention to detail, time management, and calming nature is truly unmatched. I said multiple times the day of our wedding that I couldn’t imagine not having her as a part of our day. We would use Julie 100 times over! My only regret, not having her plan our entire wedding!
  • F
    Francis Married on 05/14/2022

Simply The Best!

As the father of the bride I was so impressed with Julie’s professionalism and her attention to detail. She has a kind and calm demeanor. It is easy to see that she has years of experience. She was open to help whenever needed. She is organized, patient and efficient.
    The proof of her planning was a perfect wedding!
    I highly recommend Julie from Something Bleu Wedding and Event Planning. She has the ability to make wedding dreams come true! Thank you so much Julie for the perfect wedding.
    Maura M. Married on 10/09/2021

Julie is Amazing!!!

We got married in Salem, MA on 8.28.21 in a backyard private estate wedding and hired Julie as our day of coordinator. Julie was fantastic!!! She is extremely knowledgeable and gave us such useful information and recommendations during the planning process. She was so helpful leading up to our big day and took over all the communication with our vendors. She is extremely organized and created the most perfectly detailed timeline of the day. She worked with all our vendors and made sure they knew exactly when to arrive and what to do. We felt so comfortable and at ease the day of our wedding knowing Julie was taking care of everything. She was also so hands on in helping set up all our table arrangements and decorations. We wouldn’t have been able to pull off our wedding day without her. On top of being amazing and a total pro at her profession, she was so sweet and lovely to work with. Definitely recommend!!!

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review, Maura! It was such a delight working with you, Rudy, your families, and sweet Max to help with the final planning and execution of your special day! Wishing you both so much happiness for your future! Enjoy the upcoming holiday season ahead as a newly married couple!
  • E H
    E H Married on 09/24/2021

Amazing planner!!

I really don’t even know where to begin with how fantastic Julie was at helping execute my dream wedding! We essentially had to build it from the ground up which meant that she coordinated with SO many vendors to keep everything together. There were so many times my mom and I would think of something to ask a specific vendor and when we contacted Julie, she was already several steps ahead of us! There is absolutely no way any of us could have enjoyed the wedding the way we did without Julie working tirelessly in the previous months and especially the weeks, days and hours leading up to the event (I’m talking like 18 hours per day)! She even helped me do a lightening fast change into my second dress just so I could get more dancing time! My advice to any bride is to trust that Julie’s above and beyond attention to detail will result in your wedding dreams coming true so you can sit back and soak up your magical day! Truly do not know how we could have done it without her! She’s stored in my phone as “Stress- reliever in chief” hopefully that gives you an idea of what she accomplished for me and my family!

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for this incredibly heartfelt and kind review of my wedding planning services E, and thank you for trusting me to plan and execute your dream wedding in under 6 months! The end result was truly so magical and I am thrilled with how happy you and your family were with everything!

Wishing you & S all the best for your future together!

PS- Love my contact name in your phone! :)
  • Margaret
    Margaret G. Married on 08/21/2021

Something Bleu made my wedding possible

Julie was a life / wedding saver. She stepped in about a month from the wedding. She picked right up going over all of our contracts, contacting vendors to get more information, scheduling multiple calls and a site visit with us to get aligned with what we wanted, needed, and what we had. Her communication and professionalism is incredible. I always felt like her only client, even though I knew she was managing multiple jobs at the same time. She made me feel confident that we were in good shape and had thought of everything. She has a ton of resources for preparation lists, tipping guides, and just experience and guidance that she can provide. The day of the wedding, I was able to relax and get prepped with no interruptions or issues. Julie handled all of the issues with the designated individuals to ensure that our day was seamless and stress free. I didn’t know about anything until after. After the ceremony, she was a dream, always there when I needed water, a drink, to find someone, to follow up on something, or even to sew back on my bustle. While a lot of amazing vendors went into planning the day, it was Julie who brought it all together and delivered us the most perfect day. Seriously, you need her. You will not be disappointed with the experience and it will ensure that you have the most perfect day like I did.

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

M & M!! Where do I begin! It was so wonderful working with you both and your families to create such a special day for you both! Your family's summer property was the perfect spot for a gorgeous tented wedding by the water and I am so grateful to have worked with you both! Wishing you so much happiness for the future!
  • Molly
    Molly D. Married on 08/07/2021

We would have been lost without Somethingbleu!!!

We absolutely loved working with Julie! She is so warm and friendly and we would have been lost without her! We decided to have our wedding about 10 weeks before our date and from the minute we found Julie it was evident we needed her help! Julie was willing to help with anything we needed and she was a wonderful person to bounce off ideas. Her organization made our day seamless and we never needed to think of anything. Julie is incredibly organized and is a great communicator. We were able to have a wonderful day because Julie had everything under control. We would have been lost without Julie and we would highly recommend couples to work with her.

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Molly for the very heartfelt review! It was such a pleasure to work with you and John! I will miss our chats and I wish you both so much happiness in the future!
    Jessica T. Married on 06/26/2021

Very Professional

Julie from Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning was a great resource in helping me plan an intimate wedding in 2 months! Julie hit the ground running with helping us secure a venue that offered an intimate wedding package, which is what we wanted, and gave great vendor referrals that matched our style and budget. Julie was professional, kind, very organized, and a pleasure to work with from start to finish. My husband and I would highly recommend Julie to anyone looking for a skilled wedding planner with great industry connections! Thank you for helping us with our special day!

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely and thoughtful review, Jessica! It was such an honor to be part of your and Matt's special day! I wish you both so much love and happiness for the future!
  • Marilyn
    Marilyn V. Married on 04/20/2021

You NEED to have Julie by your side!!!

I am a wedding calligrapher in the New England area and I have had the pleasure of working with Julie of Something Bleu Weddings for two styled shoots. Julie is such a talented wedding planner who is organized, communicative, passionate, creative, and simply a joy to work with! Her attention to detail and the effort she gives each wedding/event is evident to her passion and servant's heart to go above and beyond for each of her cleints and their events. She had a clear vision that she communicated well and gave me everything that I needed to create according to the event's aesthetic which I greatly appreciated as a wedding vendor. I highly recommend having Julie for her planning and design services for your wedding or event!

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Marilyn! It has been an absolute pleasure getting to collaborate with you! You do absolutely beautiful work and I can't wait to work together again!
    Rosebud C. Married on 01/01/2021

A Professional Gem!

I've worked with Julie from Something Bleu Weddings on a few styled shoots and a personal dinner and has always been such a treat! Each time I’ve worked with her, she has put together an impressive team of vendors to create an extraordinary result. She is so creative and continues to bring stunning ideas that showcase authenticity and beauty. Julie works very professionally but is a gem of a gal, someone any bride would definitely feel comfortable with!

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It has been such a pleasure getting to collaborate with you on styled wedding shoots and for some personal calligraphy needs! I absolutely love your work and I can't wait to work together more in the future! Thank you so much for your lovely words!
    Kylie Q. Married on 09/26/2020

Amazing services

Julie was amazing from the beginning and was attentive to every little detail. We decided to ask for her “day of” services with about 2 months left until our wedding due to gradually increasing the amount of items and set up for the big day. Since our first consultation, I knew Julie was the right match for us as she was so kind and up front with the services she offered. As the big day drew nearer, more detailed decorations were added and she brought in her assistant Jessica who was amazing on the big day with her skills of setting up and attentiveness to us as a couple. They made sure we were aware of all the little changes throughout the day (including the change in timeline due to transportation being late) and managed to allow the event to go off without a hitch. I highly recommend Julie if you need any type of coordinator, whether a full planner or day of coordinator!

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for the very sweet review Kylie! It was such a pleasure working with you and Ryan this summer and early fall to execute your wedding day! I am so glad the bus was able to get their tire fixed to get all guests to your ceremony! Wishing you both all the best!
    Samantha Married on 05/23/2020

A lovely coordinator for your dream day!!

I recently worked with Julie on a backyard intimate wedding on Cape Cod (as a photographer) - and let me tell you what a pleasure it was!! Julie had everything completed in a timely manner (and by everything I mean emails, timelines, setup, etc.), backup plans, and a vision that completely transformed the backyard into a dreamy elegant garden party for our client. She was so great & easy to work with, and the day ran smoothly solely because of her. Something Bleu is already on my recommended vendor list for all my future clients because she is just THAT. DANG. GOOD.

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Sam!! It was such an honor to get to work with you for L & T's wedding day! Your sneak peek pictures of the day came out so beautifully, I can't wait to see the full gallery! I also can't wait to work together again in the future!
    Kaitlyn Married on 10/04/2019

Perfect Day of Coordination

Julie was so helpful in coordinating with our vendors the week before the wedding, and helped our wedding run flawlessly the day of! It was such a relief to have someone so knowledgeable helping to take the pressure off so we could enjoy the day stress free!

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for entrusting Something Bleu be apart of your special day! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your family to make your fall barn wedding a success! Wishing you both a wonderful future ahead!
  • Shannon
    Shannon F. Married on 09/07/2019

Julie saved us

We could not have handled our 120 guest backyard wedding without Julie. If you are on the fence about whether to hire her, it will be the best money you spend on your wedding or other event. I wanted to be guest at our daughter's wedding held at our home. On the day of the wedding, I was a wreck until she arrived and took over. Julie was so calm and professional; I just left everything in her hands for the rest of the day. It was perfect.

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was such a pleasure to work with you and your family for Alyssa and Ryan's big day! Your home is truly a spectacular home to host a wedding, with some of the loveliest gardens I have ever seen! Thank you for entrusting me to be apart of your families special day!
    Alyssa H. Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing coordinator for our backyard wedding!

We held our wedding in the backyard of my parents house in Framingham. We were dead set on this location, but it meant that we had to be in charge of every little detail including bathrooms, catering, decorations, tents, anything you can think of! We hired Julie as our day of coordinator because we were feeling overwhelmed with all of the moving parts and little details. Julie was extremely professional and competent from the beginning! From her first phone call through the end of the wedding, we always felt like we were in good hands. She did a great job keeping track of all our vendors, making phone calls and emails the week of, and helping with the entire set up of the wedding, including implementing all the decorations and little details. One thing I really appreciated about Julie was how on the day of, whenever there decisions or issues to address, she would come to me with multiple concrete solutions, and all I had to do was pick one. My husband and I were able to enjoy our wedding to the fullest, and we wouldn’t have been able to without Julie’s help! She was also much more affordable than other coordinators we looked into, but still provided every bit of help we needed!! Highly recommend!

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was truly a pleasure to work with you and your whole family on your wedding day! I wish you and Ryan a wonderful future ahead!
  • Kelly
    Kelly A. Married on 08/10/2019

Excellent day-of services

I planned a backyard wedding at my parents' house, and Julie's help was crucial in having such an amazing day. She helped us organize the flow and layout of the yard and the day ahead of time, quickly answering any (long or short) emails thoroughly. On the day of my wedding, she arrived, briefly checked in with my mother and me about the specifics of what we had agreed to, and then got straight to work setting up our tables and decorations without any further questions. She appeared exactly when needed to help facilitate the ceremony timing, and blended seamlessly into the background during all other moments, organizing and taking care of anything that needed to be handled.
    A wedding goes by so quickly, and having Julie around allowed my mother, the host, to focus on greeting old friends and walking me down the aisle, rather than greeting vendors or fetching last-minute needs. Julie Riley is well organized, experienced, and very knowledgeable about all aspects of all types of weddings. I would highly recommend her service to any bride, and especially any bride hosting a backyard wedding.

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for entrusting me to be part of your special day as your Day of Wedding Coordinator! It was a beautiful summer wedding! Wishing you and Joe a lifetime of happiness ahead!
    Garima Married on 07/06/2019

Julie was fantastic to work with!

We are so glad we decided to work with Julie! My husband and I lived in two different states across the country while planning for our wedding in New England. Julie's recommendations and insights were key when picking everything from our venue to the decorations. With her experience, she not only provided us with options for vendors within our budget, but she also helped us figure out how to allocate our budget. She was incredibly on top of everything throughout the process. The wedding day went off without a hitch, despite the giant thunderstorm right before our outdoor ceremony. We would highly recommend working with her as you plan your wedding!

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Garima! I greatly enjoyed my time getting to know you and Adam over the past year and a half to make your wedding day a complete success! I wish you both nothing but the best!
  • Christina
    Christina S. Married on 06/08/2019

Above & Beyond Day-of-Wedding Coordination

Day of Coordinators are the silent unsung heroes of the wedding day. As a fellow wedding vendor I always encourage brides to have one if they don't already have a full planner or coordinator. So when it came to my own wedding day I knew I needed a day of coordinator to relieve any day of pressures and keep everything running smoothly. I can't even begin to describe how happy I am that I connected with Julie.
    From our initial conversation I could tell how organized and detail-focused she was. It was also clear that she had a passion for planning and coordinating. She brought up so many great points and reminders that I didn't even think about! And as a fellow wedding vendor I thought I had this on lock haha.
    Her communication through the whole process was incredibly professional, reassuring, and kind. When it came to the actual wedding day it was such an incredible relief to not worry about setup and logistics. Instead I could focus on marrying the love of my life and celebrating with my friends. I chose to have my wedding at a venue where I knew that I could bring in all my own vendors I wanted from catering to alcohol to decor. Julie made sure that each vendor knew the correct timeline for deliveries and helped to make sure everything was in place. She even set up the sweetheart table and table decor!
    And while Julie did an outstanding job coordinating the day and making sure everything ran smoothly, I will be forever grateful for her kindness and genuine willingness to make sure that my husband and I had nothing to worry about. My father has some mobility issues and specific health needs and Julie made sure that my parents were comfortable. Even making sure that my dad got to the reception hall first to make sure he could comfortably access anything he needed. She also checked in on my parents throughout the night to make sure they had everything they were ok. We also had our dog be part of our wedding and Julie checked up on her during the reception a few times making sure she got a few walks and extra attention.
    My husband and I are forever grateful for the part Julie played in making our day as fun and easy as it was. If you are looking for someone that you can trust with your wedding day, Julie is IT.

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Christina! It was my absolute pleasure to be your Day of Coordinator! It was a truly gorgeous day! Wishing you both so much happiness ahead!
    Amy P. Married on 04/12/2019

Excellent Event Planner

Julie from Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning helped me plan my company's corporate holiday parties from 2015 to 2018. As the Office Manager to a small startup tech company I was in charge of planning the yearly holiday parties, but as the company grew and we needed to move the parties to a venue and not at an employee's home I needed some help! In 2015 Julie coordinated a holiday party at the Barn at Gibbet Hill. We had a raffle and large indoor games to play, everyone loved it! In 2016 Julie coordinated the holiday party at Willowdale Estate and did a fantastic job helping stay on track with the budget. In 2017 & 2018 she coordinated the holiday party at Tupper Manor which quickly became a favorite holiday party venue amongst our employees and the location was great. Her knowledge of the venues was impressive and she offered creative ideas on how to maximize our budget for the parties. The company had new management in 2019, otherwise I would have continued to work with Julie for our annual holiday parties moving forward. Julie is detail oriented, highly organized, and very kind to work with. I would highly recommend her to help plan your event or wedding!

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you for many years to plan and coordinate VCX's corporate holiday parties! Thank you for trusting my skills and creativity. I loved getting to work with you and I hope we can do it again in the future! Wishing you all the best!
  • Kalie
    Kalie C. Married on 10/20/2018

Fall Wedding Coordination

I don’t know what we would have done without Julie on our wedding day. She did it all (and more) for us to ensure everything went smoothly. Our families are still raving about her to us, weeks after! Thank you Julie!

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for having me be part of your big day as your Day of Coordinator! I greatly enjoyed working with you and your families. It was a beautiful day and I wish you and Darrin all the happiness in the world!
    Gail Married on 09/15/2018
    My daughter's wedding was perfect! In large part is because that day was handled beautifully by Julie (Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning). She was wonderful. I did not have to worry about a thing! I highly recommend Julie as your wedding and event planner.

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was a great privilege to bring together Brittany & Jame's big day! Thank you for entrusting my skills & experience to be the Day of Coordinator for your daughters wedding! It was a beautiful seaside wedding!
    Jen S. Married on 08/25/2018
    Julie is just absolutely wonderful to work with! She is sweet, attentive, responsive and very accommodating. We hired her as our Day of Wedding Coordinator and very happy we did. She took the time to listen to all the details at one month out and one week prior to the wedding day. She contacted all vendors and kept them in check the wedding week. Our wedding day needed a point person to manage the tight timeline as it involved getting the chapel ready for ceremony right after an afternoon Mass, decorating reception venue, as well as getting the Bridal Party to the ceremony right on time while also working with many other vendors with their own timelines. In the end everything went smoothly and all our guests had a grand time. All thanks to Julie who I highly recommend!

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was such a pleasure to be part of your special day at one of my favorite ocean front wedding venues! Wishing you both all the happiness in the world!
    Kate Married on 06/23/2018
    Julie coordinated with vendors, helped our reception look gorgeous (we had extra flowers so she placed them all around the space), and made sure guests stayed dry when it unexpectedly rained, using an umbrella to help people stay dry as they shuffled to and from the food station and bar! Thank you, Julie!

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

I was so happy to be part of your big day! Thank you for entrusting my creativity with your reception space! The flower wall is a big hit!
    Michalene Married on 06/16/2018
    Julie and her assistant were an absolute pleasure to work with. From all her work behind the scenes to her day of services, Julie did not disappoint. She kept our wedding day moving and most importantly organized. Julie worked extremely well with all of our vendors, especially our venue coordinator. She kept the communication following and made sure everyone followed the timeline which was a huge request of mine. I did not want to be late! I also had a lot of decorations and she executed my vision flawlessly. Overall, working with Julie was a great experience from start to finish and I would highly recommend her!

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for letting Something Bleu be apart of your special day! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your family to make your wedding day a complete success!
    Mariana Married on 05/27/2018
    Where do I even begin?
    We had a coordinator at our reception venue, but were specifically looking for a day of coordinator who could help us with all of the logistics of getting our families and bridal party to our church ceremony and taking care of logistics to get our guests across town to the reception.
    We initially had a tough time finding a coordinator who could help us with exactly what we needed (without all the extra stuff we knew we didn’t need help with!)-but as soon as we talked with Julie, we knew that all of our wedding day plans were in good hands!

Julie was SO responsive over the phone, sent us a ton of resources and checklists to help us get organized before she took over confirming final logistics in the weeks before our wedding.
    She and Jessica honestly made every happen so perfectly and seamlessly on the day of the wedding that I almost forgot there were logistics!!
    Our families and guests got to where they needed to be (without a single hiccup!), all of our vendors arrived on time, and Julie and Jessica did an amazing job of handling day-of details so we could simply enjoy our big day. (We had so much fun getting to know them!) They meshed so well with our coordinator at our venue and with our other vendors which was so appreciated.
    We are beyond lucky we found Julie-she is such a gem and helped make our wedding day perfect!!!

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you and Dylan for your special day!! Thank you for letting Something Bleu be apart of it!