Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning Reviews

27 | North Andover, MA

27 Reviews for Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/04/2019

Perfect Day of Coordination

Julie was so helpful in coordinating with our vendors the week before the wedding, and helped our wedding run flawlessly the day of! It was such a relief to have someone so knowledgeable helping to take the pressure off so we could enjoy the day stress free!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for entrusting Something Bleu be apart of your special day! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your family to make your fall barn wedding a success! Wishing you both a wonderful future ahead!

Alyssa Harlow · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing coordinator for our backyard wedding!

We held our wedding in the backyard of my parents house in Framingham. We were dead set on this location, but it meant that we had to be in charge of every little detail including bathrooms, catering, decorations, tents, anything you can think of! We hired Julie as our day of coordinator because we were feeling overwhelmed with all of the moving parts and little details. Julie was extremely professional and competent from the beginning! From her first phone call through the end of the wedding, we always felt like we were in good hands. She did a great job keeping track of all our vendors, making phone calls and emails the week of, and helping with the entire set up of the wedding, including implementing all the decorations and little details. One thing I really appreciated about Julie was how on the day of, whenever there decisions or issues to address, she would come to me with multiple concrete solutions, and all I had to do was pick one. My husband and I were able to enjoy our wedding to the fullest, and we wouldn’t have been able to without Julie’s help! She was also much more affordable than other coordinators we looked into, but still provided every bit of help we needed!! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/22/2019

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was truly a pleasure to work with you and your whole family on your wedding day! I wish you and Ryan a wonderful future ahead!
  • Kelly

Kelly Albino · Married on 08/10/2019

Excellent day-of services

I planned a backyard wedding at my parents' house, and Julie's help was crucial in having such an amazing day. She helped us organize the flow and layout of the yard and the day ahead of time, quickly answering any (long or short) emails thoroughly. On the day of my wedding, she arrived, briefly checked in with my mother and me about the specifics of what we had agreed to, and then got straight to work setting up our tables and decorations without any further questions. She appeared exactly when needed to help facilitate the ceremony timing, and blended seamlessly into the background during all other moments, organizing and taking care of anything that needed to be handled.
    A wedding goes by so quickly, and having Julie around allowed my mother, the host, to focus on greeting old friends and walking me down the aisle, rather than greeting vendors or fetching last-minute needs. Julie Riley is well organized, experienced, and very knowledgeable about all aspects of all types of weddings. I would highly recommend her service to any bride, and especially any bride hosting a backyard wedding.

Sent on 09/20/2019

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for entrusting me to be part of your special day as your Day of Wedding Coordinator! It was a beautiful summer wedding! Wishing you and Joe a lifetime of happiness ahead!

Garima · Married on 07/06/2019

Julie was fantastic to work with!

We are so glad we decided to work with Julie! My husband and I lived in two different states across the country while planning for our wedding in New England. Julie's recommendations and insights were key when picking everything from our venue to the decorations. With her experience, she not only provided us with options for vendors within our budget, but she also helped us figure out how to allocate our budget. She was incredibly on top of everything throughout the process. The wedding day went off without a hitch, despite the giant thunderstorm right before our outdoor ceremony. We would highly recommend working with her as you plan your wedding!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Garima! I greatly enjoyed my time getting to know you and Adam over the past year and a half to make your wedding day a complete success! I wish you both nothing but the best!
  • Christina

Christina Spleen · Married on 06/08/2019

Above & Beyond Day-of-Wedding Coordination

Day of Coordinators are the silent unsung heroes of the wedding day. As a fellow wedding vendor I always encourage brides to have one if they don't already have a full planner or coordinator. So when it came to my own wedding day I knew I needed a day of coordinator to relieve any day of pressures and keep everything running smoothly. I can't even begin to describe how happy I am that I connected with Julie.
    From our initial conversation I could tell how organized and detail-focused she was. It was also clear that she had a passion for planning and coordinating. She brought up so many great points and reminders that I didn't even think about! And as a fellow wedding vendor I thought I had this on lock haha.
    Her communication through the whole process was incredibly professional, reassuring, and kind. When it came to the actual wedding day it was such an incredible relief to not worry about setup and logistics. Instead I could focus on marrying the love of my life and celebrating with my friends. I chose to have my wedding at a venue where I knew that I could bring in all my own vendors I wanted from catering to alcohol to decor. Julie made sure that each vendor knew the correct timeline for deliveries and helped to make sure everything was in place. She even set up the sweetheart table and table decor!
    And while Julie did an outstanding job coordinating the day and making sure everything ran smoothly, I will be forever grateful for her kindness and genuine willingness to make sure that my husband and I had nothing to worry about. My father has some mobility issues and specific health needs and Julie made sure that my parents were comfortable. Even making sure that my dad got to the reception hall first to make sure he could comfortably access anything he needed. She also checked in on my parents throughout the night to make sure they had everything they were ok. We also had our dog be part of our wedding and Julie checked up on her during the reception a few times making sure she got a few walks and extra attention.
    My husband and I are forever grateful for the part Julie played in making our day as fun and easy as it was. If you are looking for someone that you can trust with your wedding day, Julie is IT.

Sent on 07/27/2019

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Christina! It was my absolute pleasure to be your Day of Coordinator! It was a truly gorgeous day! Wishing you both so much happiness ahead!
  • Kalie

Kalie Cassidy · Married on 10/20/2018

Fall Wedding Coordination

I don’t know what we would have done without Julie on our wedding day. She did it all (and more) for us to ensure everything went smoothly. Our families are still raving about her to us, weeks after! Thank you Julie!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for having me be part of your big day as your Day of Coordinator! I greatly enjoyed working with you and your families. It was a beautiful day and I wish you and Darrin all the happiness in the world!

Gail · Married on 09/15/2018

My daughter's wedding was perfect! In large part is because that day was handled beautifully by Julie (Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning). She was wonderful. I did not have to worry about a thing! I highly recommend Julie as your wedding and event planner.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was a great privilege to bring together Brittany & Jame's big day! Thank you for entrusting my skills & experience to be the Day of Coordinator for your daughters wedding! It was a beautiful seaside wedding!

Jen & Scott · Married on 08/25/2018

Julie is just absolutely wonderful to work with! She is sweet, attentive, responsive and very accommodating. We hired her as our Day of Wedding Coordinator and very happy we did. She took the time to listen to all the details at one month out and one week prior to the wedding day. She contacted all vendors and kept them in check the wedding week. Our wedding day needed a point person to manage the tight timeline as it involved getting the chapel ready for ceremony right after an afternoon Mass, decorating reception venue, as well as getting the Bridal Party to the ceremony right on time while also working with many other vendors with their own timelines. In the end everything went smoothly and all our guests had a grand time. All thanks to Julie who I highly recommend!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was such a pleasure to be part of your special day at one of my favorite ocean front wedding venues! Wishing you both all the happiness in the world!

Kate · Married on 06/23/2018

Julie coordinated with vendors, helped our reception look gorgeous (we had extra flowers so she placed them all around the space), and made sure guests stayed dry when it unexpectedly rained, using an umbrella to help people stay dry as they shuffled to and from the food station and bar! Thank you, Julie!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

I was so happy to be part of your big day! Thank you for entrusting my creativity with your reception space! The flower wall is a big hit!

Michalene · Married on 06/16/2018

Julie and her assistant were an absolute pleasure to work with. From all her work behind the scenes to her day of services, Julie did not disappoint. She kept our wedding day moving and most importantly organized. Julie worked extremely well with all of our vendors, especially our venue coordinator. She kept the communication following and made sure everyone followed the timeline which was a huge request of mine. I did not want to be late! I also had a lot of decorations and she executed my vision flawlessly. Overall, working with Julie was a great experience from start to finish and I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for letting Something Bleu be apart of your special day! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your family to make your wedding day a complete success!

Mariana · Married on 05/27/2018

Where do I even begin?
    We had a coordinator at our reception venue, but were specifically looking for a day of coordinator who could help us with all of the logistics of getting our families and bridal party to our church ceremony and taking care of logistics to get our guests across town to the reception.
    We initially had a tough time finding a coordinator who could help us with exactly what we needed (without all the extra stuff we knew we didn’t need help with!)-but as soon as we talked with Julie, we knew that all of our wedding day plans were in good hands!

Julie was SO responsive over the phone, sent us a ton of resources and checklists to help us get organized before she took over confirming final logistics in the weeks before our wedding.
    She and Jessica honestly made every happen so perfectly and seamlessly on the day of the wedding that I almost forgot there were logistics!!
    Our families and guests got to where they needed to be (without a single hiccup!), all of our vendors arrived on time, and Julie and Jessica did an amazing job of handling day-of details so we could simply enjoy our big day. (We had so much fun getting to know them!) They meshed so well with our coordinator at our venue and with our other vendors which was so appreciated.
    We are beyond lucky we found Julie-she is such a gem and helped make our wedding day perfect!!!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you and Dylan for your special day!! Thank you for letting Something Bleu be apart of it!

Shana · Married on 09/16/2017

Julie Jensen was an absolute pleasure to work with! I couldn’t have asked for more. As expected, there are always a few snags somewhere and unfortunately for me it involved one of my vendors. This vendor was surprisingly rude in some of our interactions while trying to handle the problem that arose and Julie was right there by my side to help me confront this problem. She took the reigns and helped to assure me everything would be ok when I needed it the most. Aside from my snag she helped bring my vision to the most beautiful reality! My wedding day was perfect and with her assistance everything transitioned seamlessly. I highly recommend her and would use her services again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Becky · Married on 05/20/2017

Julie was our day of coordinator for our May 2017 wedding. First of all I have to say it is a real challenge locating a day of planner who is truly that alone. I found many "day of" planners really want to be involved the whole month prior and the cost then increases dramatically.
    Julie was a total blessing. She took over on the day of when we couldn't be there to set up. She was exactly what we needed. She was easy to contact, to ask questions, and gave us her honest thoughts. We completely trusted her feedback and she never guided us wrong.
    We paid the extra hourly fee to bring her out to our wedding reception site and she helped us plan out the table settings. We we were working with a truly unique space. It really set our minds at ease that she saw the space and knew how to set it up on the big day.
    Our guests really enjoyed Julie, she kept our evening running smoothly, kept me hydrated, and figured out my bustle for me. She is truly the best and wouldn't have trusted anyone else for our wedding.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Brenda · Married on 02/05/2017

Julie Jensen was a dream to work with for my daughter's nautical themed baby shower! Wonderful to brain storm ideas with and always quick to reply. Her service made it a very special day for everyone! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby shower for my daughter and soon to arrive baby boy.

Sent on 02/24/2017

Meg · Married on 09/24/2016

Julie is extremely talented, patient, and was invaluable in our wedding day. Everything was taken care of and we never needed to worry and everything turned out perfect. Julie also recommended many of the professionals we used as vendors and they exceeded our expectations as well. We highly recommend her for all of your wedding and event needs.

Sent on 06/24/2016

Lynn · Married on 09/17/2016

We hired Julie for our Daughter’s September 17 wedding and her “Day of Wedding Coordinator Services”, and were extremely satisfied with her professional services.

Our Daughter and her Fiancé rented a 5-bedroom house on a picturesque lake in Westminster to host their outdoor wedding. They wanted a relaxed family party vibe, with no full service caterer, no servers or bartenders, and no DJ.

As a former wedding consultant, I knew that I could not be both an impartial consultant and the Mother-of-the-Bride. We searched the area, found Something Bleu, and after chatting with Julie briefly, realized that she would be perfect for our daughter’s wedding.

Julie reviewed our Daughter’s final to-do lists, and believe it or not, day-of event Gantt charts. She met everyone the evening before the wedding to supervise the ceremony rehearsal and review the reception. The next morning she arrived early and worked with family and friends to set the tables, place flowers and decorations, and sign off on food delivery. More importantly, she was at all times was our eyes and ears behind the scenes and kept everything flowing seamlessly throughout the day.

Julie’s assistance was absolutely essential in making the day the huge success that it was. Her special touches and suggestions were most welcome, and I highly recommend her.

Lynn H., Washington DC

Sent on 10/25/2016

Katie · Married on 07/30/2016

Julie was a great day-of coordinator. I think that especially if you are doing something like having your own venue with a lot of people (like a backyard wedding), you'd be crazy not to hire her. I was able to enjoy my day and know that there was someone there to handle our every need and making sure everything was going well. Her prices were very reasonable, as well.

Sent on 08/24/2016
  • MrsDplusD

Diane · Married on 07/16/2016

Julie of Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning saved our entire wedding day in simple and grand measures. She was our Day of Event Wedding Coordinator (Director) and she was SO helpful to us. Beyond measureable if we reflect more on it! From keeping us on schedule, to helping direct wedding guests from shuttle buses to the church and then at the reception from outside to the indoor reception rooms with A.C., she commanded an audience. Julie teamed with the Sales Director at our reception, along with our 2 photographers and 2 videographers. Julie saved my first wedding dress' bustle and my Groom, our wedding party and me are eternally grateful for that! She cared a LOT about us, the Bride and Groom, and integrated herself into being a KEY member of our Wedding Squad. She felt like family! Julie is a wonderful, genuine, professional and new friend!

Sent on 09/01/2016
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 01/17/2016

Julie is absolutely fantastic at what she does. She is the pinnacle of professional and organized. She was on top of every detail with a smile on her face. I'd hire her for any event in an instant.

Sent on 01/21/2016

Patricia · Married on 12/06/2015

Julie was an absolute pleasure to work with. There were so many little details we wanted to incorporate to our wedding celebration and she made sure everything was just as we envisioned it. She even worked with our other vendors to make sure a surprise band our friend hired for us worked seamlessly into our timeline. We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 12/23/2015
  • Robin

Robin · Married on 09/07/2015

Our wedding day was flawless, thanks to Julie. Before the wedding, she came to the venue with us to meet with the event staff to help coordinate menu, room set up and timeline. She offered great suggestions (things I never would have thought of; we took her suggestions) and was always available if we had questions. Julie has great ideas.

She contacted the other vendors to ascertain time-frames (for cake delivery, DJ set up, flowers, etc) and was invaluable to the event staff the day of the wedding... and to us. The timeline she wrote for us was spot on and she made sure that everyone followed it. She got my step son ready for his toast, coordinated all day of activities (paid people, accepted flower and cake deliveries, etc) and on this boiling hot day always had water available to us and anything else we needed. We have three kids in their twenties and I hope they all get married locally so we can use Julie's services. I really want to have another event just so we can work with her again. Julie's coordinator services were the best investment we made on our wedding day. We would have been ok with no flowers but of we didn't have Julie we would have been lost. Thanks Julie!!

edited to add: One more thing. Julie's attention to detail is amazing. I wore high heels for the ceremony and pictures then changed into Keds (sneakers). Before the first dance she said I should change into my heels again (for pictures) which I did. I would've looked silly wearing Keds in first dance photo but she is very attuned to what looks good and really takes wonderful care of her brides.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Gary · Married on 06/19/2015

I hired Julie to plan, organize and execute a surprise, outdoor 51st birthday party for my wife Lori at our home. I wanted to go "all out" as I was not able to do a party for her 50th and I was making up for it. I gave Julie full responsibility with some basic guidance on a theme and a long list of names, emails and phone numbers of potential guests. Julie went right to work with a beautifully created electronic invitation sent to over 100 guests two months before the party. She continued to monitor and follow up on the RSVPs every week or so until the day of the party. She immediately arranged for and made reservations for large tents, a special caterer, theme items and all the little things that make a surprise birthday party special. Details matter to Julie and she payed attention to them, constantly monitoring the status of all the moving parts coming together. On the day of the party, Julie had quite the task. While I was able to get my wife out of the house and keep her away from it from 10 am until the party started at 6 pm, Julie arranged for everything to come together in our backyard in that short period of time. Large tents, tables, chairs, decorations, workers, food, birthday cake, themed items etc. all had to appear and be set up in our backyard during that time. No vendor could come earlier or the surprise would be blown and no one could be late as the party started at 6 pm. All the guests - approximately 100 of them - had to show up on time to sing happy birthday when we arrived. The logistics and timing had to be perfect with a lot of moving parts. Suffice it to say, when I brought my wife back to our house at 6 pm, all 100 or so guests were there under tents with a delicious buffet meal ready to be served. Everything was perfect. Nothing had been missed or was out of place. The timing of everything that day was impeccable. I owe it all to Julie and her amazing organizational skills and talent. This woman knows how to plan and throw a party!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Ann Marie · Married on 10/17/2014

Let me start by saying I had no original intention of using a wedding planner. I'm type A and love to plan events. When you start planning a wedding, reality sets in. There are SO many details and vendors and guests to keep track of that you can't even imagine until the time comes. Julie of Something Bleu was the glue that put everything together. She reviewed all the contracts my vendors sent me and helped me communicate with them as well as with the coordinator at the venue (he was NOT easy to work with). The day of your wedding goes by so fast. There simply aren't enough hours in a day to coordinate everyone, set up the decorations, field phone calls and any last minute problems, get ready and enjoy yourself. My wedding day was perfect and I truly feel it wouldn't have been the same without Julie. She communicated with me and my husband going back and forth as we were getting ready separately. The coordinator at the venue is simply in charge of the details at the venue. Julie made sure everyone was on the same page and that everything was just how I wanted it. Her help was invaluable! My husband and I HIGHLY recommend her!!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Erin · Married on 10/11/2014

Ladies and gents, Julie was beyond amazing. I helped her set up the tables and decor of the wedding I went to and not only was she friendly, organized and direct, she helped me fix a dress malfunction and you never saw her without a smiling face. I highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for some wedding planning assistance or a day of coordinator!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Julie at Something Bleu Wedding and Event Planning assisted me with my beach-themed wedding in June 2014. Throughout the process, she was there with creative ideas and suggestions that fit my budget! She created starfish for me that were used as part of our centerpieces, and took time to help me organize and assemble all of our wedding favors! She also has connections throughout the industry and sent along great recommendations for vendors, always with our budget in mind. She is friendly, open to ideas and suggestions, and extremely responsive. Whenever I got stuck on something, I reached out to Julie and she always had plenty of ideas for me! I definitely enjoyed brainstorming and bouncing ideas back and forth with her! Because of Julie's help and creativity, we ended up with the perfect wedding! Several of our guests contacted us the days and weeks following saying how beautiful our wedding was, and it wouldn't have happened without all of Julie's assistance! I highly recommend Something Bleu Wedding & Event Planning for anyone planning a wedding, and needing assistance bringing their vision to life!

Sent on 12/03/2015