Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center Reviews

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 5
Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 6
Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 7

Chantell · Married on 09/26/2017

Amazing venue, Jennifer is amazing, very accommodating. I would highly recommend having a wedding here.

Sent on 12/06/2017
    Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 8
    Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 9
    Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 10
    Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 11

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much Chantell!!

Chantell · Married on 09/26/2017

Everything was amazing, Jennifer was amazing. Had a small 30ppl wedding. Everyone loved the food.

Sent on 12/17/2017

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much Chantell. I loved having you as one of my brides. Best Wishes to you both!

Justin · Married on 09/16/2017

My wife and I had our wedding reception at Solitude Links on September 16th, 2017. The venue was perfect in every way. The banquet hall overlooks an amazing landscape including ponds, a waterfall, trees, and more. Inside and out, the venue was better than we ever could have expected. The log cabin style rustic theme was very unique and fit our styles perfectly. The venue supplied an up north feel without being too far from home. Personally, my favorite part about solitude was the giant deck overlooking the golf course. No other venue we looked at had that bonus feature. The deck has multiple fire places and outdoor furniture, which was heavily utilized by our guests throughout the reception. The fireplaces and deck made for a perfect atmosphere, especially at night. The food was also second to none, in my opinion. Dozens of our guests came up to my wife and I throughout the night and expressed how the food was the best that they have ever had at a wedding. Solitude's staff also did an excellent job setting up for our wedding. The morning of the wedding, I brought many decoration pieces and dropped them off near the lobby and when our family showed up a few hours later to set the decorations up, everything was already completed and set up perfectly by Solitude's staff. Jennifer and her assistant were very helpful thorough the planning process. They helped coordinate everything, as well as making sure all the vendors were in sync. The staff really helped take some of the stress out of planning and coordinating everything. I would highly recommend Solitude Links to anybody who asks.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much for such an amazing review, Justin. Thank you for referring others also!! You guys were great to work with and I wish you all the best!

Veronica · Married on 08/12/2017

When I arrived I was so excited. All the staff was so helpful and everything turned out perfect.

Sent on 08/26/2017

Jonathon · Married on 07/14/2017

Just recently had our wedding here at this venue and we are beyond happy with our decision to have solitude be the choice for our ceremony and reception. You can not ask for a better view and scenery. The reception hall was awesome and the staff was super friendly. The coordinators Jennifer and Nicole were the best to work with, they made every single minute of the process enjoyable and always kept us at ease. We highly recommend this venue for anyone.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Jenna · Married on 06/23/2017

My husband and I got married at Solitude Links in June and are still in awe at how perfect of a day it was. The outdoor ceremony was gorgeous, the Grand Hall was immaculate, and our guests really enjoyed sitting on the balcony by the fireplaces in the evening. Nothing beats the views that Solitude Links has to offer. In addition to the absolutely beautiful space, our guests RAVED about how great the food was. We had the filet mignon, poached salmon, Tuscan chicken, and cheese tortellini and we received excecellent reviews on each dish from our guests. Solitude Links really surpassed all of our expectations and we would highly recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Jaclyn · Married on 02/18/2017

Solitude Links staff were extremely helpful! If you have a vision of what you want during your ceremony, or at your reception, always ask Jennifer. Her and the team are accommodating, go the extra mile, and help everything run smoothly throughout the planning process. My husband and I were blown away on the quality of service and how beautiful the ceremony and reception was set up. Thank you Solitude Links for making our wedding day flawless!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Marita · Married on 10/22/2016

We had our reception here about 2 months ago and people cannot stop raving about how amazing it was. The venue is to die for and now everyone wants to have their weddings (or their daughters weddings) there. Since we got married in the fall we had the most beautiful backdrop. All of the leaves on the trees were changing and because the venue has windows all over, it looked stunning. And just in case you wanted to get a closer look at the view, you could relax on the deck with multiple fire pits, inviting seating, and just in case you wanted to play a game there was even corn hole, Also, the food was incredible (do yourself a favor and have the white fish because it was best fish I've ever had!). Honestly, the best part about this venue were the people that work there. When you get this place, you basically get a free wedding coordinator along with it. Jenn was amazing! Our reception went along smoothly because of her. She helped me find basically all my vendors which was super helpful since we aren't from the area. And since a lot of our family wasn't from the area we wanted to provide them with a shuttle and Solitude just so happens to have a shuttle! So much cheaper than going to an outside vendor for it. Honestly, I cannot say enough great things about this place. It truly was everything I envisioned our wedding to be and more.

Sent on 12/29/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2016

They were the absolute best! Such a beautiful location and they were BEYOND flexible with us. They seriously went above and beyond what we expected. It was such a lovely experience working with Solitude Links Golf Course. We wished we would of had our whole event here instead of just the ceremony! I would highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Robin · Married on 10/15/2016

We were so pleased with the service at Solitude. The staff made sure my wedding party had drinks once they got to their seats and that everyone was happy with their meals. The food was absolutely delicious. Our guests are still telling us how good everything was. We couldn't have asked for a better place to have our reception. Everything went perfectly.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/14/2016

I can not express how much I appreciate the services of Jenn and Kristan!!! They have been so helpful in the planning process that made my decision to have my special day at Solitude Links a no-brainer. Every email I sent received a response within an hour. Throughout my day of planning process, they allowed me to change little details that I was on the fence about without feeling overwhelmed or inconvenienced.
    The option of having the shuttle that provides transportation to hotels in the area makes it so convenient for out of town guest and those who have been drinking.
    The outside deck is a site in it self. It almost makes it easier to decorate the banquet area because the natural beauty is enough. The reception hall has windows all around which allows you to continue appreciating the natural beauty of the golf course while the night goes on. Having two bars within the grande hall allows for guest to having better bar service.
    I really fell in love with the venue during our visit. The ladies were comforting and took care of all of my concerns and even offered options that I had not considered.
    I would recommend Solitude Links to any one with an upcoming wedding!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Amy · Married on 10/08/2016

Jen is awesome! Our wedding was perfect!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Stefanie · Married on 09/16/2016

I could not have asked for a better venue for my wedding! The landscaping, scenery, and the ballroom was beautiful. Jen was amazing to work with, very professional and helped make my wedding day as special as possible.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Courtney · Married on 09/10/2016

Solitude links was above and beyond what we expected. The service was excellent, and Jennifer the coordinator was so helpful and patient with us. I love the remodel and rustic, yet elegant feel to this venue.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Solitude Links is a great place to have your ceremony and reception. The venue has a huge outdoor deck with beautiful views of the golf course. The gazebo on the water is adorable and a perfect back drop for a ceremony. Working with the staff at Solitude has been excellent. They are very responsive to questions and helpful in the planning process. Planning my wedding from the east coast has been a lot easier with their help. I highly recommend this venue to perspective couples.

Sent on 05/13/2016

Jamie · Married on 09/03/2016

Jen has been amazing! She is on top of all the details, is super nice and makes you feel reassured that it's all going to turn out great. I know my fiancé and me are in great hands. I am so happy I get to use this venue! It's a beauitful location.

Sent on 05/13/2016

Christina · Married on 07/08/2016

Solitude Links was the best place to have our wedding ceremony and reception! Guests all complimented the venue and everyone raved about the food! Our service with Jenn was beyond exceptional. Jenn was responsive, understanding, helpful, flexible, and was the best helping hands that I ever could have imagined having on our wedding day. She made sure that everything was right during the entire process. All of the staff that night made my husband and I feel like royalty. They were respectful, and very attentive to all of our needs. I would recommend Solitude Links to all brides for so many reasons!

Sent on 08/05/2016

Rachel · Married on 06/18/2016

We loved having our wedding at solitude links. I have been to over 30 weddings at this point in my lifeet and although as the bride I may be biased, this was my absolute favorite venue. The staff from day one was so professional and easy to work with, and it continued to the day of the wedding which they made so special and smooth. The venue is beautiful, the outdoor patio has a perfect view of the course and lake, and the sun sets right over that! The food was amazing, pretzel encrusted chicken is a must. Five stars all around for sure!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Hannah · Married on 05/21/2016

Best venue ever! Jen is the best event planner to work with. She is always ready and willing to help and provide advice and tips at anytime! The moment we walked into the front doors we knew this venue was the one. It is clean, beautiful and so wide open - the pictures don't do it justice. We are getting married in a month and I absolutely cannot wait to see everything come together, I am so confident our day will be perfect thanks to Jen and the team at Solitude Links!

Sent on 04/16/2016

Donna · Married on 05/21/2016

This was a beautiful venue! My husband and I just got married here on 5/21/16. They were very professional and helpful in the planning. The food was great! The guests loved the venue and the outdoor deck was great for a beautiful day. Everyone enjoyed the day!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Hillary · Married on 04/02/2016

My husband and I had planned this wedding all the way from North Dakota and couldn't have done this without Jennifer and the staff. Everything went beyond our expectations from how caring the staff was, to how great the food was, to even how beautiful the venue was in person as well as pictures. We very much appreciated how well Jennifer was able to coordinate with us long distance and provide us with quick helpful responses through e-mail and phone calls. It ended up snowing on the day of our wedding (4/2/2016), however it turned out to be great because we were able to take the absolute most gorgeous pictures that only this venue could have provided. Everything went very smoothly on the day of the event, thank you to the Solitude Links Golf Course staff!

Sent on 04/24/2016

If I could give more than 5 stars I would. The staff at Solitude Links was absolutely amazing to work with and so professional. They made our wedding reception perfect down to the very last detail! We couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 03/19/2017

The staff were amazing in the planning and the night of the wedding. The most perfect wedding in the perfect setting. The food was great and the chef worked with us to accommodate a special food allergy. Jennifer was exceptional in helping us design and find the perfect DJ for the receptions. She helped us by answering questions, showing us around, making suggestions when we asked, and really helped us with all the details. The shuttle service was excellent add on for us to make sure our guests could enjoy the event without the worry of driving after. Solitude Links worked with us to make a New Years Eve wedding possible in a 6 week timeframe. All our guests agreed that it was perfect in every way!

Sent on 01/02/2016

Brandon · Married on 10/03/2015

While looking around Southeast Michigan for wedding venues, we kept going back to the recommendations of friends who had been married at Solitude Links (who had been married there when the venue was still Fore Lakes). We knew from attending said weddings that the location and facilities were great... but what everyone continued to rave about was the wedding coordinator, Jennifer, and how she made the wedding planning easy and was extremely detailed and flexible.

We decided on Solitude Links and the reputation has lived up to everything we could possibly had hoped. In addition to the great work Jennifer and staff have done, we were surprised and happy to see that much of the facility has upgrading (ie... landscaping to open up the gazebo area & nice changes to the downstairs/bar area), and looks better than ever.

This has always been a favorite for our love of golf, but now has turned into a special place that my fiance and I will look back on favorably.

tl;dr: Gorgeous views, helpful staff (cannot stress enough how great Jennifer has been to work with), cannot wait to our big day with Solitude Links in October!

Sent on 06/15/2015

BRIDGET · Married on 08/29/2015

Solitude Links (fka Fore Lakes) was the perfect place for a reception. I worked with Jen who must have answered a million questions for me and made the entire experience stress free and simple. I especially like Solitude Links because they have everything you need for a wedding: the tables, tableware, table cloths, chairs, great food, dance floor, bar, and a beautiful view. They even have things you don't realize you need like a bridal party powder room, no cake cutting fee, short term storage where you can pick up left over decorations, and high chairs/booster seats/dj table/cake and gift tables. For my wedding I had cupcakes and they even set them up on the cake tiers and put individual doilies on each of the 250! They are really willing to go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect for the wedding day. The pricing is super easy to follow since everything mentioned is included and then you can pay incremental per person for extras. The wedding reception was a wonderful and seamless event at Solitude Links. My only complaint is that it was so fun that it went by too quickly.

Sent on 10/05/2015