Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center Reviews

133 Reviews for Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center

Linsay Allen · Getting married on 01/09/2022

Absolutely amazing!

Where to even being...
    JEN! she was the MOST AMAZING Event Coordinator ive ever met! Shes very responsive, helpful, and kind women ive ever met the list could go on and on. She made my COVID wedding plans beyond what i expected. if i could relive my Wedding Day eberyday i would because of Jen and her staff.

The Staff was Absolutly AWESOME! Especially Dakota and Kaitlyn, i cannot thank them enough for all the hard work they put into my day.

THE FOOD! The food was AMAZING! i get complaiments often about how great the Chicken Marsala and Pork with the Cesar Salad was. ( BEST CESAR SALAD IVE EVER HAD)

Sent on 10/07/2020

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you Linsay for all of your kind words! I am so glad You came to us after your first venue cancelled. It was so fun to work with you! I wish you and Cory all the best!
  • John

John Work · Getting married on 05/07/2021

Phenomenal

So accommodating throughout all the changes with Covid.

Sent on 09/26/2020

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much John! I am so glad we were able to accommodate your wedding day with all of the fast changes.
  • Annamarie

Annamarie Montreuil · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Fairy Tale Wedding

Simply Amazing!!!! If you are looking for a Fairy Tale Wedding with a rustic feel, look no further. This is your venue!

My daughter's wedding was 3 weeks ago and I am still on a magical high. It was worth every penny. Honestly my family and friends can not stop talking about the wedding. We are all obsessed with every picture and every post about this magical day. The weather did not cooperate but it didn't matter. Rain or Shine this venue is perfect!

The staff at Solitude Links are amazing!!! Jen, Jessica, Katelyne, and Dakota did everything in their power to make this special day extra special.

The food was delicious. We had strolling appetizers. We served our dinner family style. Michigan salad, pasta, chicken parm, pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, and roasted veggies.

Dessert...Sarah and Tyler chose Pie instead of cake! They guest loved it. The pies were provided by ACHATZ. We had a pie station with ice cream. It was set up 2 hours after dinner which was perfect.

The ceremony was supposed to be outside but minutes before it started we switched to indoors. The staff made the switch without missing a beat!!!!

DJ...Elysium Experience...WOW...Nicholas Hardy....Amazing!!!!

Photographer....Jacquelyn Genevieve Photography....The pictures we have seen so far could be in a magazine!!!!

Videographer...JD Entertainment...Brandon...I can not wait to see the video!

Florist....Vivianos...Beautiful

VRBO...We rented the house on the property. OMG!!!! It was right out of a Hallmark Movie!!!! Honestly it couldn't have been more perfect for the Bridal Party!!! The boys were downstairs getting ready and the girls were upstairs. Dakota from Solitude Links picked the Bridal Party up with the shuttle bus and took them to and from the venue!!!!

The "adults" stayed at the Double Tree Hilton in Port Huron. The hotel was great in every way!!!! The staff, the room, the view, the gift shop, the restaurant, and of course the warm chocolate chip cookies!!! They gave us a discounted rate plus included breakfast for our group!!!

Transportation for our guest was provided by....Preferred Charters.
    Brad was our driver of a 56 passenger charter bus! He took us to and from the hotel to the venue. He made multiple trips!!!

Calming Effect Salon and Spa...Gabrielle did an awesome job providing hair and makeup for our wedding guest.

Writing this review is making me cry happy tears all over again!

Sent on 11/16/2019

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much for such an amazing review! We love the pictures!! They are so cute with their umbrella's!! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!! It was our pleasure to be such a big part of their big day!
  • Taylor

Taylor Reid · Married on 10/10/2020

Fantastic! two wedding bands up!

Katelyne at Solitude Links has been wonderful to work with! I am constantly contacting her about questions I have and she always has the answer or knows how to find it for me. The process of a wedding is fun but also stressful, Katelyne and the Solitude Links staff take that stress away! Their packages are reasonably priced and include almost everything you need to have the perfect special day, if you are unsure about who your extra vendors are such as DJ, Photographer, Cake decorator, ect. They have a list of vendors they know and trust to help you out in your descision process!! My fiancé and I can’t wait to have our wedding at Solitude Links!

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you for such a sweet review! It has been so much fun working with both you and Max! We are all looking forward to your wedding!

Katherine Palmieri · Married on 10/03/2020

Amazing Venue!

Solitude Links is such a gorgeous venue both inside and outside. All of the staff there is super friendly and helpful. Jenn was great to work with and made the whole planning process super easy.

Sent on 10/09/2020

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much Katherine! I loved working with you and your family to plan your day! I am so glad we were able to have it with all of the crazy of 2020.
    I wish you all the best!
  • Brittney

Brittney Van Bibber · Married on 08/16/2020

Memorable!

Justin and I had such a memorable wedding, Solitude Links made that happen. They truly have the best staff and most beautiful venue. I can not thank Jen and her staff enough for putting on our amazing day. Jen and her staff were very attentive and kind. They were available for any questions or help that we needed. As a bride you have a lot of questions about your big day and how it will play out. My questions were always answered in a timely fashion. Any concerns were always put to ease! They have a beautiful bridal suite to get ready in and a seperate room for the groom, which was very nice to have space to get dressed in and do our hair and make up. Also can I just tell you that the food was amazing! We did the buffet style and had the chicken marsala, beef tenderloin, fettuccine alfredo , mixed veggies, rolls and garlic mashed potatoes. Our guest were still talking about the food weeks later. It truly was perfect!
    We picked Solitude Links because of how beautiful the grounds are they have a gorgeous large gazebo on a large pond, a beautiful rock waterfall, wooden bridges and beautiful greens. Inside is just as beautiful, they have a large hall with cathedral ceilings and an awesome large outdoor balcony that has a bar, fire pits and patio furniture. Solitude has it all!
    We would definitely recommend this place for your big day ❤

Sent on 09/03/2020

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much Brittney for your awesome review! I know you had to deal with a lot of stress with Covid changes! Thank you so much for putting your faith in us and letting us host your wedding day!! I wish you and Justin all the best!
    ~Jenn

Kate Van Genderen · Married on 08/02/2020

Jennifer is amazing!!

We got married at solitude links this past summer amongst the craziness of Covid. Jennifer was extremely helpful, flexible, and responsive to all the changes that happened throughout the phases of Covid shutdown. She was involved all the way and up to the day of when we had to change things again a couple hours before the ceremony. Would definitely recommend solitude for any event. They did a great job.

Sent on 09/27/2020

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Kate! Covid made things so stressful this season for all of you and I am so happy you let us be part of your day! I look forward to next year!
    ~Jenn

Claire · Married on 06/20/2020

Jennifer was great to work with, she really helped to make our day special.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Claire Bellinger · Married on 06/20/2020

Amazing Venue

Jennifer was absolutely amazing, having a wedding during a pandemic was crazy but she made it such an amazing day! Beautiful venue!

Sent on 09/28/2020

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you Claire! You are my rockstar for sticking it out! We did it! I am so glad you got your day, covid shutdown and all!!
    I wish you and Philip a life time of happiness!
    Best wishes,
    Jenn
  • katelyn

katelyn · Married on 11/09/2019

Wonderful Experience

Jennifer is a wonderful help and so knowledgable! She helped make the planning a breeze and make the dreams come true! Our wedding day is coming up and I am beyond thrilled with our experience already!

Sent on 02/21/2019
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 10/12/2019

Our Happily Ever After

Solitude Links is an absolutely stunning venue for your special day! No matter what your theme your guests will be in total awe with how gorgeous the venue is from the lake front gazebo ceremony site to the rustic beauty of the hall. Our guest could not get over how beautiful it was. When it comes to event coordinators, Katelyne is amazing. Not only is she willing to work with anything your heart desires but is also a great help when it comes to ideas for what works best for her halls. She took a lot of the wedding stress off my shoulders when it came to venue stuff. She will always help in any way shape or form. When it comes to the day of our waitstaff was unreal. Everyone kept telling me how sweet and polite they all were. They even got our guests going on the dance floor. Everyone loved seeing them have fun while they continued to bus tables and help anyway they were needed. We loved sharing our day with them. When you come to Solitude Links you are welcomed by all of the staff and feel like family when you go and never want to leave. I would 100/10 recommend this venue to anyone looking for a place to have their special day.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much Allison for your kind words. I am so glad you loved your experience with all of us. We wish you all the best!
  • Farrah

Farrah · Married on 09/20/2019

Beautiful ceremony

We had our ceremony at Solitude Links and it was perfect. They did such an amazing job making everything look perfect and coordinating everyone. It ran smoothly and looked perfect

Sent on 09/23/2019

Toi · Married on 08/25/2019

Prettiest Venue Ever

The scenery is to die for. Our photos look like they came out of a story book because of this beautiful venue. Jessica was very accommodating and attentive and catered to our every need. I love this venue. Thank you for everything.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Shelby · Married on 08/09/2019

Best Day Ever

We had our wedding at Solitude Links on August 9th & day couldn't have been better. From our rehearsal the day prior to the end of the reception, I knew we were taken care of. Katelyne, Jessica, & their staff went above and beyond our expectations. Katelyne was such a pleasure to work with through out the year as well. She was very prompt to answer emails and answered every question while putting an ease to our minds. We received so many compliments about how beautiful this venue is as well. Highly would recommend Solitude for your wedding.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and allowing us to be a part of your special day! We wish you all the happiness in your years to come!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Marie · Married on 08/03/2019

Super Satisfied

Working with Solitude Links staff has been an absolute joy for the entirety of my wedding planning process. Although the news of Jenn leaving instilled a small dose of anxiety, the transition to working with Katelyne could not have gone any smoother! There were absolutely no details lost in translation and she has been equally as lovely to work with. Her and Jessica (the assistant events coordinator) are so fun and have accommodated all of our needs so effortlessly! These two young ladies are such a beautiful asset to Solitude and they have been the perfect pair to help all of my wedding dreams come to life. I have full confidence that as our day comes and goes, no detail will be missed and no guest will leave dissatisfied.

Ashley Conley · Married on 07/20/2019

Wedding Review

We just had our wedding here and it was the most amazing experience I could have asked for! All of the staff went above and beyond the entire day. Things that I was thinking needed to be done were already taken care of by the time I thought of them. It was the most stress free day, and I truly believe it was because of the amazing job of the staff. The venue is also stunning and has the most wonderful picture opportunities. I wanted to do an ice cream bar, and they took care of everything for me, and it was a huge hit with our guests. I highly recommend Solitude Links, as they truly made it the most amazing day of my life.

Sent on 07/25/2019

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Ashley! Both you and Nick were a absolute pleasure to work with. Thank you for keeping our jobs fun! We wish you both many years of happiness to come. We cannot thank you enough for choosing us to be a part of your special day!
  • Karrie

Karrie Laws · Married on 07/12/2019

Perfect day!

Everything was WONDERFUL! Zero complaints from this bride! I am so happy we chose to have our wedding here. The venue was beautiful, the staff was amazing, and the planning process with them was painless. I would recommend to EVERYONE!

Sent on 07/19/2019

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much, Karrie! You were so much fun to work with! cannot wait to see more of your pictures!

-Katelyne

Morgan Riebel · Married on 07/05/2019

Dream wedding

On July 5, 2019 I had my fairy-tale wedding at Solitude Links. Honestly, I think it was more than I could have ever pictured. Jen & Katelyn were phenomenal!!! These ladies were extremely professional, super accommodating, and gave perfect ideas based on my style when I asked for opinions or suggestions. The waitstaff was a further reflection of these to wonderful women. The venue is one-of-a-kind. It has the rustic, yet elegant feel that I had always desired. I knew the moment I saw the place and spoke with Jen that we would have our reception there. We never even looked at another option! The only reason we didn't do the actual ceremony there was because I had always wanted a Catholic mass; although the stunning gazebo and walk-out porch had me reconsidering. The grounds provided gorgeous photos, especially during the sunset hours. Our food was absolutely spectacular! In fact, I have lost count on how many guests have complimented us on the delicious appetizers, dinner, and late night snack. They haven't been shy to mention that the drinks were quite refreshing too! Solitude Links surpassed my vision in every aspect and gave me the wedding of my dreams

Sent on 07/27/2019

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much Morgan!! Both Jenn and I loved working with you and Steve. I am so happy it is all you were hoping for plus more. Working with couples as wonderful as you both is what makes us love our jobs. We wish you both all of the happiness this world has to give. Congratulations again!!
  • Danylle

Danylle Lee Carden · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely Wonderful

Perfect venue for our wedding! Gorgeous views and EXCELLENT service. Our guests kept telling us how wonderful and beautiful everything was. We would recommend this place to anyone for special events. Hope to visit there again soon!

Julie · Married on 05/26/2019

Breathtaking Venue

After being the pickiest person I am, finding this venue was perfect for our ceremony and reception! Your 360 view is breathtaking from the inside to the outside! Staff was going through a change which I was very nervous about but it couldn’t have been more seamless! Being in such unknown of how things could or would flow so smoothly was a relief with Katelyne.

So much to say for the inside and out, such beautiful woodwork, having your own suite, the option not only to have a bar inside but outside as well with you view looking over the water and landscape. The nice patio furniture and fire pillars for extended comfort, making memories and those romantic moments gave us every option thinkable!

This venue has endless photography options. Photos was a huge part in considering a venue being when it pictures I wanted many different sceneries at one place and I got more than that!

To be fair my guests enjoyed our menu options however my husband and I were so busy taking pictures, listening to guest rave about this venue and enjoying all the many views we forgot to eat!

The location is very convenient, easy to get to and an awesome central location. I’m from more of the city Macomb area and my husband was from the Lapeer and more north area, couldn’t have asked for a better drive for our guests! Upon our arrival it felt like our little piece of paradise! Know main roads and express ways were so close yet never seeing or hearing any of this was perfect! This made enjoying time with friends and family in celebrating our wedding feel perfect!

This venue is extremely recommended, Katelyne will make every step of helping you plan seem like a huge breath of fresh air and I was completely clueless with the whole who, what, when, where and whys. She did a wonderful job, I was never in wonder and if I was she responded or answered my call promptly. She is very accommodating and easy to work with, having unthinkable options just for your special day!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much Julie! Your pictures are GORGEOUS, thank you for sharing those! You and Keith were both such a pleasure to work with!
  • Andrea

Andrea Jacobs · Married on 05/10/2019

Amazing Wedding & Very Friendly Staff

Katelyne, Jennifer, Jessica & the rest of the staff at Solitude Links were amazing to work with. Everyone is so kind and they treat you like family! Katelyne, Jennifer, and Jessica are very knowledgeable when it comes to wedding planning and always made themselves available whenever I had questions. Solitude Links was the perfect venue for our Fall wedding & the views were absolutely breathtaking. We had many guests compliment how nice the seating and fire-pits were on the deck outside. A lot of guests also raved about the food and many said it was the best wedding they had been to. I highly recommend Solitude Links for your next wedding or event.

Sent on 11/19/2019

Cassandra Stange · Married on 01/12/2019

Bride and groom

Great place to have a wedding! All of our guests loved the food and staff was great! The wedding coordinator is wonderful to work with and always gets back to you very quickly!

Sent on 02/15/2019
  • Megan

Megan Palmateer · Married on 12/29/2018

A "snow" perfect wedding

Is it okay to say that the staff at Solitude Links Golf & Banquet Center are so amazing... I'm pretty sure they made it snow on my wedding day?! Everything was as perfect as the snow I had been asking for leading up to my wedding. Jenn and Katelyn made us feel comfortable and were at our constant beck and call. The venue was gorgeous and the wait staff was "on point" the whole night! We loved working with (and laughing with) all of you! Thank you for keeping our drinks filled and making our day the BEST day, EVER! We love you guys! -Megan and Jimmy

Sent on 03/17/2019

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

You are so very welcome Megan! I loved working with you and Jimmy. I am so glad you enjoyed the staff. They love their jobs and have fun! Thank you for sharing your pictures!!
    I wish you all the best!! ~Jenn

Melissa · Married on 12/15/2018

Oct 6 2018 wedding

Jennifer is a pleasure to work with! All my questions were answered promptly, she is very knowledgeable with the whole wedding process. She had terrific ideas. The staff was also very great to work with; courtesy and hard working. The venue is gorgeous and the food is phenomenal. Our wedding was October 6 at 7pm. Leaves were just changing and the atmosphere at dusk was out of a dream. We chose to have two stations for food: slider and pasta bar. All of our guest loved it! I would highly recommend to have your wedding at Solitude Links Golf Course.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa!
    It was a pleasure to work with you! Loved your pictures!! Thank you so much for sharing!