Solid Rock Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Suzanne
    Suzanne J. Married on 05/30/2021

Highly Recommend Jamal & Solid Rock Photography - BEST EXPERIENCE!!!

We worked with Jamal for our May 2021 wedding and had an absolutely wonderful experience. Right from the start, Jamal was friendly, responsive, helpful, considerate, and professional. He was also incredibly understanding, flexible, and accommodating when we changed our venue and photography needs several times over due to COVID. Our wedding day turned out to be very rainy - and he readily stood out in the pouring rain to capture our first look and pre-ceremony photos. After he left for the evening, our guests could not stop raving about how wonderful Jamal was! And of course, our wedding photos came out beautifully (he is a very talented photographer!) and perfectly captured our special day. I highly recommend Jamal for your wedding photography needs - if I could give more than 5 stars, I would!!!
  • F
    Fallon C. Married on 05/08/2021

Jamal is amazing!

Jamal was our photographer for our “save our new date” because we had to postpone our wedding due to Covid-19. We needed to quickly let our guests know about our change in plans and he sent us our photos so quickly which really helped us. I’m so happy with his quick edit time. During the shoot he made us feel comfortable and we had a lot of fun. He knew where to take photos and put us in the scenery of the venue that made sense because we had no idea where to pose but we trusted his vision. I love how our photos came out and can’t wait to share our new engagement photos with our family. I would definitely recommend him for an engagement and wedding shoot! Jamal was approachable and not intimidating which made us feel comfortable the whole day.
  • Fallon
    Fallon C. Married on 05/08/2021

He was amazing, approachable, and not intimidating.

• Lauren
    Lauren D. Married on 12/05/2020

Gorgeous pictures, easy to work with!

Jamal is an amazing photographer, and so easy to work with! Right off the bat, Jamal was professional and responsive. We met him about 2 years ago for our engagement photos, and instantly felt at ease! He was open to doing anything we wanted: fun lifts, dancing… just being ourselves! Jamal was also great about finding different locations at the venue, cuing us where to look, and giving us different postures to try so that we got a great variety of pictures! The photos are all clear and beautiful, not easy to accomplish on a 93 degree, brutally sunny day with no cloud cover! All our family and friends were blown away by the quality of our pictures! We are so happy with the photos from our wedding, and hope Jamal will consider taking photos for us in the future!
    Roxi M. Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing photographer!

No matter how hard I try, I will never be able to fully express how amazing Solid Rock Photography is!!! From start to finish, our experience with this photography company has been nothing but flawless. Jamal, the owner and main photographer, was truly the most professional, easy going, passionate vendor we worked with throughout our whole wedding experience. As crazy as it sounds, I don't think our day would have been as special as it was without him there - his attentive yet calming energy was EXACTLY what we needed on our big day. We had booked two photographers with Solid Rock for our 10/10/20 wedding that was supposed to have 120+ guests but due to COVID-19, we decided in August to do a small ceremony/reception with just Jamal in a totally different location. Jamal was understanding, adaptable, and communicative the whole time and really eased our nerves for the day of. He arrived on time, was willing to do anything he could to make sure he got the perfect shot, and made everyone feel extremely comfortable. Though we only had him for a few hours before the ceremony (getting ready, first look, tons of couples photos, family photos, etc) through an hour after the ceremony, he totally maximized the time and got some BEAUTIFUL shots. He was so great, we even had family members coming up to us letting him know how much they liked him!! Not to even mention the fact that he got our pictures to us in only 3 WEEKS!!!! I could honestly go on and on about how great Jamal and Solid Rock Photography is - he made such a strong positive impression on us that we've been recommending him to everyone we know. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do yourself a favor and go with Solid Rock Photography for your big day. You will absolutely NOT regret it!!!

I couldn't upload more pictures but he wrote an awesome blog post about our day which has some great pictures to check out!!! https://solidrockphotographyjc.net/blog/2020/10/roxi-tonys-microwedding-at-joseph-ambler-inn
    Josephine N. Married on 09/26/2020

Super friendly, professional and talented!

Jamal was AMAZING! During the planning process he was so great! Even though we had to switch our wedding venue, date and time Jamal never skipped a beat! He was super understanding about how the pandemic was impacting us and worked with us every step of the way. The day of he was super prompt and made not only me, but also my bridesmaids and even my super shy flower girl feel so comfortable! We LOVED our pictures and can’t believe how quickly we got them back! No regrets in hiring Jamal and will be using him again in the future!
  • Myah
    Myah G. Married on 02/16/2020

Outstanding Photographer

Definitely one of the best parts of our wedding was our photographer, Jamal, from Solid Rock! Jamal was so flexible, communicated his ideas well, as well as his whereabouts. We felt so at ease around him, it was like he was part of the wedding party. You will not regret booking Jamal for your wedding. His dedication and enthusiasm were solid and he was just so friendly and chill!!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 11/04/2019

Destination wedding, no problem

I couldn’t have asked for a better photographer. Jamal traveled all the way to Jamaica to be our wedding photographer! He suffered in the beautiful Jamaican sun so he could capture our cliff side wedding photos!!! He was professional, and very informative. He helped direct the poses and gave positive affirmation, because lord knows I’m the far from a model. Lol. I loved working with him. He was punctual yet flexible to the needs of our day. I could not have asked for more. You won’t be disappointed if you book him. Guaranteed!!
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay D. Married on 09/14/2019

Calm, confident, professional!

Jamal was the perfect wedding photographer for my family! He wasn't over the top with crazy energy, and definitely wasn't in your face with the camera. Instead he focused on providing such a calm and confident energy for the whole process that you felt everything was being perfectly taken care of. He got my husband and I (who are definitely not picture people) to feel so comfortable that all of our pictures came out fantastic! Whether you're looking for posed pictures or candids, Jamal and his team does a fantastic job. He was also VERY responsive to emails which is perfect when things get crazy a couple of weeks before the wedding. Also...his prices simply cannot be beat for the quality!
  • Shannon
    Shannon Married on 09/13/2019

Best decision we made!

Hiring Jamal as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made during wedding planning. He has been incredibly communicative, accommodating and fun & easy to work with. Jamal not only took beautiful photos of our wedding day but also made an anxious and camera shy bride feel comfortable, at ease, and was an overall joy to work with. We love the photo’s we’ve gotten back from Jamal and feel so grateful to have had him as our photographer.
    Kyle Married on 09/07/2019

Incredible Photos!

Jamal is a pro’s pro. He was exceptionally communicative and responsive to our wants and needs. He also helped us fill in the blanks where we needed some guidance. He was clutch on our wedding day, helping us feel at ease in front of the camera, and was a steady presence amidst the chaos of the festivities. Most importantly, he took beautiful pictures.
  • Yvonne
    Yvonne C. Married on 08/05/2019

Stress-free, professional, creative

Choosing Jamal to capture our wedding was the right choice for us. He worked within our budget, listened to what we wanted and delivered, was detailed, on time, professional, accommodating...I could go on and on. So many of our guests remarked about how great Jamal was, how he seemed to be everywhere but was completely unobtrusive. It was so much fun to look back and see all of the moments he captured when we weren't even aware our photo was being taken! We recommend Jamal/Solid Rock Photography highly. Wonderful person, wonderful images.
  • Mary
    Mary Married on 07/14/2019

Couldn't Be Happier w/ Solid Rock Photography

I can’t give Solid Rock enough stars. Of all of the vendors that we met with, had calls with, booked, worked with, etc through all of the planning stages of our wedding….Jamal was the most on top of everything. He was always punctual for every call and meeting. He responds so quickly and thinks through every little detail. We didn’t give him the easiest job of corralling a huge family, lots of kids, and photos with 100+ people. He happily took photos of us on the beach in 90+ degree heat. At the reception, the AC wasn’t working in the venue properly and he still kept going like an energizer bunny. He took the most gorgeous photos of our special day----we really couldn’t be happier. Prior to our wedding day, I mentioned to Jamal that my husband sometimes looks super awkward in photos or won’t smile, etc. and he looks so handsome and comfortable in all of the photos Jamal took. My favorite photos turned out to be the first look photos, which I thought were going to look kind of awkward/super staged. They looked totally natural and captured how we were feeling at the time. There were some really great candid shots, as well. Everyone felt totally comfortable around him. Our wedding was on a Sunday and Jamal had already shot a wedding the Saturday and another wedding the Friday before. He was still extremely energetic and immediately uploaded the photos. I couldn’t believe how fast we got back the proofs. Finally, the price was by far the most reasonable I found. I will add photos once I get back the edited versions (still need to narrow down which we want edited because there are so many good ones)! I really recommend Jamal for your photographer for any event.
    Natalie Married on 05/19/2019

The most perfect day, captured in every single way!

Jamal was AMAZING. From start to finish, he didn't fail us. He was always on top of communication and the day of the wedding his vision was my vision and he brought that to life for us. The pictures came out beautiful. I didn't think I got a lot of pictures that I would want, but he got every single moment in a picture perfect way! Jamal from the bottom of our hearts THANK YOU for making our day so perfect.
  • Kayla
    Kayla Married on 05/18/2019

Wonderful to work with

I spent weeks searching for a photographer and Jamal is the ONLY photographer I reached out to. He immediately responded and we had our first meeting in person. He is so humble and cares about his passion so deeply, it is incredibly apparent. He was always any easy message away for any changes in the day-of plan or just general questions we had. Our final meeting was thorough and he was well-equipped to take on day-of. He and the second photographer we booked through him were set up before we arrived and immediately began to give direction. His presence was calming and he was an honest joy to be around. The whole day and night went smoothly and we received our proofs within a few short days! Even our selected edits came back very quickly! Jamal was everything we hoped for and we are very happy with our decision to go with him.
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing from start to finish

Jamal and his team were amazing! He was super responsive , creative and a great quality . We were thrilled with our pictures and the process was seamless from start to finish . We could not be happier and would recommend his team to anyone !
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 04/13/2019

We love Jamal !! He was sensational !!! He was everything and more !!!

Jamal was beyond what we ever expected!!
  • The Bride
    Courtnee' Married on 03/31/2019

Personalized Photography

My husband and I were so excited when we booked Jamal of Solid Rock Photography for our wedding. He is such a professional and was willing to accommodate our every need! He worked with us for our engagement photo shoot and wedding day which both turned out like a fairytale. If you are searching for a photographer look no further, Jamal is your guy!
    Kelli Married on 11/23/2018

Absolutely amazing

He truly was amazing . He didn’t miss a moment or memory . He was so personable , he felt like family ... truly capture our special day ..
    Alex A. Married on 11/16/2018

Excellent from start to finish.

Jamal was great from day 1 of contact, until finishing up the photos. Everything was smooth and flawless. I have already suggested him to others with weddings coming up.
    Lorraine Married on 10/06/2018
    Jamal recently did our engagement photos and we had an awesome experience! He was easy to work with, had great ideas for where to take the pictures and really put us at ease. We can't wait to have him shoot the wedding!
    Melissa Married on 09/08/2018

Absolutely amazing

Jamal was absolutely amazing! Our pictures are beautiful!!! He's very flexible and knowledgeable! We had a destination wedding, got married in New Jersey and we're from Kansas, and he was so amazing answering any questions! We even had a few hiccups in the day, but he never missed a beat and made sure the whole day was about us! Jamal got us our proofs back not even 12 hours later! I would recommend him to EVERYONE!!
    Annamarie Married on 08/18/2018
    Jamal was absolutely amazing to work with. Our photos were beautiful and I am so glad we chose him to photograph our day. He was so easy to work with and extremely accommodating to any and all of my requests. He listened to what I wanted for our photos and executed it flawlessly. I have not stopped getting compliments on how amazing our photos are. You will not be disappointed if you choose Jamal to photograph your day ! I am so happy we did ! Thankyou Jamal
    Rebecca Married on 05/05/2018
    Our wedding day was a crazy and emotional day particularly for me, the bride. But Jamal was amazing through it all. I had an awful hair experience at the salon (and ended up washing my hair in the sink and redoing it myself), my sister (Maid of Honor) had to go to the ER four hours before the wedding from a 5hr energy mishap, and I was already emotional that both my grandparents couldn't make it do to sudden medical issues. I literally do not know how Jamal managed to take and capture such beautiful moments for me through this all. He was the only thing at my wedding going right! He was punctual, so polite, and completely calm and understanding. He helped keep me on time without making me feel rushed. Everyone told me how great he was and that I chose a great photographer, and I couldn't agree more. My husband and I are so grateful for all that Jamal had done for us and for the amazing pictures he captured on our crazy day that ended beautiful! He is the kind of photographer that you would want on your big crazy day hands down.
    Gabriel Married on 04/22/2018
    Absolutely the best Photographer I’ve had the pleasure of working with in my life! Very knowledgeable, patient, artistic, creative, the whole 9!! Will definitely use SolidRock again for sure for upcoming events. I look forward to seeing you again Jamal!