Sokolov Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Brittany
    Brittany Married on 10/14/2021

Energetic and Creative!

Serge did our engagement photos and they turned out fantastic! He was wonderful to work with. Serge was so full of energy which definitely made the session more fun and relaxing. He has a great eye for working with the environment that is available to achieve interesting shots. I'm pretty sure that's his photography superpower.
    Paul C. Married on 07/23/2021

A Fantastic Experience!

Serge made our wedding photograph session really enjoyable and very memorable. He is a true professional, full of energy, creativity and ideas. We cannot recommend Solokov Photography highly enough! It was an experience we will always remember with smiles and appreciation!
    Kalinda K. Married on 10/08/2020

Excellent service

Excellent service. Sergey was very flexible about the date and place for our engagement photoshoot which was very important for us. My husband wanted to have a photo session somewhere near the coastline, and Sergey surprised us with how knowledgeable he is about the good spots for the pictures in Maryland. Now we are going to have Sergey as our photographer for the wedding in July. Very excited about it!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • User2329435 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We were so lucky that Sokolov Photography / Serge was available on our wedding day! Our communication was speedy and clear from the beginning. Serge is very talented, he went the extra mile (or two!) for us, was very approachable and accommodating, friendly and fun to be around as a person, worked with us on our budget, captured very candid moments, yet also got all of the important moments documented. Overall, it was such a pleasure to interact with him and our pictures look great. Everyone felt comfortable with him which is what you want form a photographer. I would highly, highly recommend him!
  • Raymond
    Raymond M. Married on 05/23/2020

Best Photographer Ever!

Serge was the best photographer we could have asked for! We hired him based on his style; bold, artsy, fun, memorable. Not to mention his pricing was great value. He was a joy to work with since day one. We hired him to both our engagement photos and ultimately our wedding celebration. He has been very upbeAat and pleasurable to work with. We first hired him to do our engagement photoshoot in late 2019 and a planned wedding in May of 2020. The engagement photoshoot was amazing, excellent energy, very outgoing, involved our dog and our guests, went above and beyond, and the photos (so many of them) turned out amazing, exactly like his portfolio reflected and then some. Unfortunately due to COVID, our wedding was postponed 3 times over, from May 2020 to ultimately October 2021. Serge was highly accommodating and stick by us the entire time as if COVID never happened, never once did he say no through all of the unpredictability. The day of the wedding celebration was as perfect as one would hope - just a year and a half later than expected. Serge again went above and beyond, incredibly outgoing, having a blast, very involved. He even brought a second photographer per our request and was able to capture concurrent events happening in two places during the day. All of the guests raved about Serge and his assistant, they were well loved by everyone. They were not only there to work the special day, but they became part of the special day. 10/10 would recommend!!
    Anna Married on 09/20/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Breathtaking photographs and amazing service!

Breathtaking photographs and amazing service! Serge is a friendly, genuine, and hard-working photographer. He photographed my wedding ceremony at the courthouse followed by a photoshoot by the DC monuments. My family absolutely loved his work as he was a true professional and made photoshoot go so smooth! Serge helped us make beautiful memories of such an important day. We appreciate all the hard work he put into every picture! I would highly recommend his services to anyone who is looking for quality photographs and great service.
    Liza F. Married on 09/03/2019

Phenomenal

Serge was absolutely phenomenal! We had a small wedding at Bel Air, Maryland, and from the moment we met Serge, he made us feel so comfortable, even with all that wedding chaos around. I have a little understanding of how he did it, but while following us everywhere, he somehow managed to take stunning pictures of all the quests in the wedding. Before the reception, some of our plans went badly wrong, there was a delay in catering, but he made his best to make everyone smile and feel relaxed. He always went an extra mile to help us with technical and organizational issues, always listened to us and brought SO MANY superb ideas for pictures that I would think that this person's been working in the industry for at least a century. And yes - above all, we had fun even during our pre-wedding consultations where Serge got to know our personalities to make us at ease. I promise you will not be disappointed. If you are looking for the right person for your bid day - be sure, you found him
    Victor B. Married on 08/08/2019

Great photographer

Great photographer. He covered our engagement at C & O Canal and served as our lead photographer at the wedding reception and ceremony. Very well done, well organized and very passionate about what he is doing. Highly recommended.

Thankfully,
    Victor
    Andrea W. Married on 06/14/2019

Engagement photo session with Sokolov Photography

This is our second photo shoot with Sokolov Photography team - we worked with them when we had a birthday party for my friend in June, and in December 2018 we had an engagement photo shoot at National Mall in DC. We really wanted Serge to be our photographer for our upcoming wedding but unfortunately, he was already booked!

Both sessions with this guy were absolutely amazing. Super professional, easy going, Serge made all of us feel very comfortable. My fiance was trying to convince me that engagement photo shoot is not a good idea but after a photo session, he changed his mind completely. And when we received the pictures, he admitted that he was definitely wrong! Photos are simply magical, Serge managed to create an impressively huge set of lifetime memories for us.

Our concern was that the National Mall was very crowded on that day. But somehow Serge took all the pictures in some mystical way so among all the people around it feels like there is no one in the whole world except just two of us! Absolutely stunning. Thank you, Serge, we will cherish these photos forever!
  • Joseph
    Joseph P. Married on 05/26/2019

Fun, professional, affordable

We really enjoyed working with Serge Sokolov!

He met with us in person before we signed the contract to go over his offerings and help us understand what it might be like working with his company. We liked his portfolio and loved that all of the options came with full digital rights.

The day of the event he arrived on time and hit the ground running. He and his partner got along well with our guests and we enjoyed a number of the shots he pushed us on (I wasn't crazy about stuffing my face with cotton candy—but now I'm happy I did it).

We were really pleasantly surprised by his amazingly fast turnaround of our photos as well. It's not even a month and we have all of our photos back, ready to share with friends and fam.

I've already recommended Serge to others getting married in the near future.
    Hannah N. Married on 03/11/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fun and wonderful engagement photo session

I thought that it will take two weeks for Serge to release the album. But he was fast and sent me within first week. It was fun working with him and we enjoy the final results of it. We appreciate the enthusiasm and passion Serge have for his photography. And we are satisfied with the photos. We have shared the album with friends and family. I would not thank him enough for the service! Keep up the good work!
    Gregory P. Married on 02/10/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Worth every penny and more!

I would say Serge (I always misspelled his name, hopefully finally I did it right) is a world-class photographer, at least when it comes to a wedding. My partner and I had a wedding in Aberdeen, MD at the end of February which is totally not the best time for such an event. But even though the weather was disgusting, our pictures turned out to be filled with light, joy, and fun!

My husband and I never liked being in front of a camera, but the way how Serge navigated us and gave us clear directions on what to do and how to pose was so easy and relaxing. He encouraged us to pose, to do some funny stuff but being yourself at the same time which was amazing! Serge also control the crowds during the group pictures, and obviously, every single person at the wedding enjoyed his work.

What I appreciate the most is how patient this guy was. My nephew is an extremely active 9-year old boy who was jumping and running around while Serge was taking pictures. Was it a problem for him? Not at all. He managed somehow to communicate with the boy and keep taking amazing photos at the same time.

Thank you so much, Serge!
    Nichole L. Married on 01/24/2019

Great job!

Hiring Sokolov Photography for our wedding was truly one of the best decision we made. We had a vibrant, old-style wedding at Joppatown waterfront, and now we have a brilliant reminiscence of this special day - thanks to Serge! He puts us at ease, helped us and our guests to pose and even though some of our family members are not big fans of photo shooting, no one felt shy or awkward. He did his job in a fascinating, sometimes even self-sacrificing manner as he made some shots from the angle that put him at risk of falling down from the pier. As a result: the pictures are stunning, EVERY single photo tells a story so all the time when I look at the album I remember exactly how I felt in the moment.

Thank you and good luck, Serge! Your job was incredible.
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth G. Married on 01/22/2019

Excellent choice

We worked with Serge last summer for the birthday photo shoot of my little brother, so right after the proposal, we booked him immediately for the wedding. And it was such a blast! Serge captured those tiny little moments of the day that we'd forget otherwise, and the pictures caught everyone's personality just perfect! He took remarkable candid photographs of us and our guests too, all while remaining unobtrusive, kind and really really fun - I would invite Serge for the wedding one more time only for his jokes and the way he made everyone laugh. So if you're looking for professionalism, amazing pics and fun - you found it.
  • O
    Oksana Married on 06/05/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had such a wonderful experience with Sokolov Photography! They did redo of our wedding photo session. We had such a terrible photographer on our wedding day and we had to do another photo session after the wedding. Sokolov Photography agreed to organize it for us in a short notices. The photographer was very creative and enthusiastic and the pictures turned out to be fantastic! I highly recommend Mr. Sokolov, he is the best! Choose your photographer wisely to avoid having second photo session after the wedding...
    Logan F. Married on 06/16/2017

Professional, quality, and flexible

After we signed our marriage paperwork (elopement) Serge took photos of my wife and I. We greatly appreciated his flexibility on short notice, and were pleased with the final product. The photographic setting was a public place, and he did a good job of managing the lighting conditions, and findings tasteful backgrounds and poses. We got our photos back in a timely manner, conveniently accessibly in digital format. He provided a very good quality of work, with professional and friendly service.
  • Timothy
    Timothy Event on: 03/11/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Serge did a fantastic job capturing my 40th birthday party. He was quick to respond to my initial inquiry, we got a contract in place quickly, was extremely professional (and fun) during the event, and most importantly, delivered photos that exceeded my expectations. Shortly after the event, I received a link with a password to view all of my images and download them and paid via PayPal. I highly recommend Solokov Photography if you are in the market for someone to cover your event!
    Ande Married on 11/06/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had a fantastic experience with Serge at our wedding on 11/06/2016! He was on time, and brimming with ideas! However, not only did he have great picture ideas, he'd actually listen to me if I said "Eh, maybe not that one." or wanted something cheesy for myself. He really made me feel like I was the one who mattered. The pictures came out beautifully!

His prices are super reasonable, and he was willing to work with us on our package. We had already had our engagement photos done with another photographer, so he added an extra hour to our package instead of doing and engagement photo session.

The pictures came back in 8 weeks even with the holidays falling smack in the middle of that time frame! I'm very happy with Serge, and would recommend him to friends and family alike!
    Jessica Married on 08/06/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Wow, its hard to even know how to put this in words! Serge was the most amazing photographer we could have ever asked for. We watched Serge take photos at a friend's wedding and knew he had to be our photographer once we saw the way he had fun interacting with everyone and the beautiful photos he took! He took both our engagement photos and our wedding photos, all the way from getting ready at 3 PM to post reception photos at 11 PM. I don't even know if he stopped to eat, he was non stop! He even brought an assistant to take photos of my husband and his groomsmen getting ready so that he could take photos of myself and my bridesmaids before the ceremony. He has such a creative eye, and can think on the spot of how to capture a beautiful photo! He is also so fun, and my bridal party really enjoyed taking pictures with him! I absolutely loved our engagement photos and can't wait to see our wedding photos! Serge is the best!
    Desiree Married on 07/03/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    OUTSTANDING! Serge is a phenomenal photographer. I got married 7/3/16 and he and his team were on point the entire time! They went above & beyond the call of duty, but what impressed me the most was when he STOPPED TRAFFIC to get the shot I had requested. The cars went around him which I found AWESOME! He's so good he held the camera backwards as he continued to walk forward so he wouldn't miss anything. He has never-ending energy WHICH IS A GREAT THING. He's such a joy to be around, our family & friends LOVED him. They're still talking about the funny camera man. Serge clearly LOVES what he does, and his team was fantastic. My advice to future brides, DON'T SCOFF AT PRICE if you want the best then pay for the best and Sokolov Photography is THE BEST. Serge you and your team did an AMAZING job, I can't wait to see the pictures. I'll be calling on you for future celebrations. My hat's off to you my friend, CHEERS!
    Stella Married on 06/25/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I had a big Birthday Party and i wanted to have a professional photographer to keep the memories. I was referred to Sokolov Photography by a colleague and it was just a blast. Sergey and Kate they were so much fun to work with, they were professional and creative and all the pictures that they took were just stunning. It really felt like they are my friends and they easily blended into the party and took all the awesome pictures of my guests. I am really happy they were my photographers and i would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants to keep the memories through the pictures and have lots of fun at the same time.
    Kevin Married on 06/17/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Serge was truly awesome to work with. I never thought I would say this, but he actually made taking pictures enjoyable. He was extremely laid back and kept us laughing the whole time; he was a big hit with the wedding party, the parents, and all of the other guests.. And of course, the important part is that the pictures turned out fantastic. During the big day, everything is a blur and it's hard to appreciate those little special moments. My wife and I were extremely happy with how Serge and his team caught all of those moments that we can now appreciate for a lifetime.
    Marisa Married on 05/13/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Serge was amazing! Great energy, great spirit. He made our engagement and wedding photos so much fun! He hustled so much throughout the day and made our guests feel like movie stars in the meantime! The photos really captured the joy of the day. We couldn't be happier!
  • User2595415 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I wish I could rate him 5+++! Serge photographed our daughters wedding and he was fantastic!!! Even our guests were commenting how great he was. To quote one of our guests 'That photographer...who was he? I want to hire him. He was everywhere right in the action and he was capturing every special moment...he was great'! She couldn't have said it better! On top of being a great photographer he was funny and very personable. He went above and beyond our expectations! Thank you Serge!!!! We can't wait to see the pictures.
  • User2516192 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I are so happy with having Serge as our engagement/wedding photographer! He was fantastic to work with, just a really nice and easy going guy all around, but still highly professional. We also were grateful that he offered such a reasonably priced package. The pictures themselves were beyond beautiful, and we received high resolution copies so we can print however much we want. I would recommend Serge to anyone who wants a high quality and enjoyable photography experience.
illustration stars