Sokolov Photography Reviews

67 | Washington, DC

67 Reviews for Sokolov Photography

Liza Foster · Married on 09/03/2019

Phenomenal

Serge was absolutely phenomenal! We had a small wedding at Bel Air, Maryland, and from the moment we met Serge, he made us feel so comfortable, even with all that wedding chaos around. I have a little understanding of how he did it, but while following us everywhere, he somehow managed to take stunning pictures of all the quests in the wedding. Before the reception, some of our plans went badly wrong, there was a delay in catering, but he made his best to make everyone smile and feel relaxed. He always went an extra mile to help us with technical and organizational issues, always listened to us and brought SO MANY superb ideas for pictures that I would think that this person's been working in the industry for at least a century. And yes - above all, we had fun even during our pre-wedding consultations where Serge got to know our personalities to make us at ease. I promise you will not be disappointed. If you are looking for the right person for your bid day - be sure, you found him

Sent on 05/04/2019

Andrea Winters · Married on 06/14/2019

Engagement photo session with Sokolov Photography

This is our second photo shoot with Sokolov Photography team - we worked with them when we had a birthday party for my friend in June, and in December 2018 we had an engagement photo shoot at National Mall in DC. We really wanted Serge to be our photographer for our upcoming wedding but unfortunately, he was already booked!

Both sessions with this guy were absolutely amazing. Super professional, easy going, Serge made all of us feel very comfortable. My fiance was trying to convince me that engagement photo shoot is not a good idea but after a photo session, he changed his mind completely. And when we received the pictures, he admitted that he was definitely wrong! Photos are simply magical, Serge managed to create an impressively huge set of lifetime memories for us.

Our concern was that the National Mall was very crowded on that day. But somehow Serge took all the pictures in some mystical way so among all the people around it feels like there is no one in the whole world except just two of us! Absolutely stunning. Thank you, Serge, we will cherish these photos forever!

Sent on 03/24/2019
  • Joseph

Joseph Price · Married on 05/26/2019

Fun, professional, affordable

We really enjoyed working with Serge Sokolov!

He met with us in person before we signed the contract to go over his offerings and help us understand what it might be like working with his company. We liked his portfolio and loved that all of the options came with full digital rights.

The day of the event he arrived on time and hit the ground running. He and his partner got along well with our guests and we enjoyed a number of the shots he pushed us on (I wasn't crazy about stuffing my face with cotton candy—but now I'm happy I did it).

We were really pleasantly surprised by his amazingly fast turnaround of our photos as well. It's not even a month and we have all of our photos back, ready to share with friends and fam.

I've already recommended Serge to others getting married in the near future.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Hannah Nguyen · Married on 03/11/2019

Fun and wonderful engagement photo session

I thought that it will take two weeks for Serge to release the album. But he was fast and sent me within first week. It was fun working with him and we enjoy the final results of it. We appreciate the enthusiasm and passion Serge have for his photography. And we are satisfied with the photos. We have shared the album with friends and family. I would not thank him enough for the service! Keep up the good work!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Gregory Preston · Married on 02/10/2019

Worth every penny and more!

I would say Serge (I always misspelled his name, hopefully finally I did it right) is a world-class photographer, at least when it comes to a wedding. My partner and I had a wedding in Aberdeen, MD at the end of February which is totally not the best time for such an event. But even though the weather was disgusting, our pictures turned out to be filled with light, joy, and fun!

My husband and I never liked being in front of a camera, but the way how Serge navigated us and gave us clear directions on what to do and how to pose was so easy and relaxing. He encouraged us to pose, to do some funny stuff but being yourself at the same time which was amazing! Serge also control the crowds during the group pictures, and obviously, every single person at the wedding enjoyed his work.

What I appreciate the most is how patient this guy was. My nephew is an extremely active 9-year old boy who was jumping and running around while Serge was taking pictures. Was it a problem for him? Not at all. He managed somehow to communicate with the boy and keep taking amazing photos at the same time.

Thank you so much, Serge!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Nichole Larson · Married on 01/24/2019

Great job!

Hiring Sokolov Photography for our wedding was truly one of the best decision we made. We had a vibrant, old-style wedding at Joppatown waterfront, and now we have a brilliant reminiscence of this special day - thanks to Serge! He puts us at ease, helped us and our guests to pose and even though some of our family members are not big fans of photo shooting, no one felt shy or awkward. He did his job in a fascinating, sometimes even self-sacrificing manner as he made some shots from the angle that put him at risk of falling down from the pier. As a result: the pictures are stunning, EVERY single photo tells a story so all the time when I look at the album I remember exactly how I felt in the moment.

Thank you and good luck, Serge! Your job was incredible.

Sent on 03/19/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Garrison · Married on 01/22/2019

Excellent choice

We worked with Serge last summer for the birthday photo shoot of my little brother, so right after the proposal, we booked him immediately for the wedding. And it was such a blast! Serge captured those tiny little moments of the day that we'd forget otherwise, and the pictures caught everyone's personality just perfect! He took remarkable candid photographs of us and our guests too, all while remaining unobtrusive, kind and really really fun - I would invite Serge for the wedding one more time only for his jokes and the way he made everyone laugh. So if you're looking for professionalism, amazing pics and fun - you found it.

Sent on 03/21/2019

Logan Finucan · Married on 06/16/2017

Professional, quality, and flexible

After we signed our marriage paperwork (elopement) Serge took photos of my wife and I. We greatly appreciated his flexibility on short notice, and were pleased with the final product. The photographic setting was a public place, and he did a good job of managing the lighting conditions, and findings tasteful backgrounds and poses. We got our photos back in a timely manner, conveniently accessibly in digital format. He provided a very good quality of work, with professional and friendly service.

Sent on 03/13/2019
  • Timothy

Timothy · event on 03/11/2017

Serge did a fantastic job capturing my 40th birthday party. He was quick to respond to my initial inquiry, we got a contract in place quickly, was extremely professional (and fun) during the event, and most importantly, delivered photos that exceeded my expectations. Shortly after the event, I received a link with a password to view all of my images and download them and paid via PayPal. I highly recommend Solokov Photography if you are in the market for someone to cover your event!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Ande · Married on 11/06/2016

We had a fantastic experience with Serge at our wedding on 11/06/2016! He was on time, and brimming with ideas! However, not only did he have great picture ideas, he'd actually listen to me if I said "Eh, maybe not that one." or wanted something cheesy for myself. He really made me feel like I was the one who mattered. The pictures came out beautifully!

His prices are super reasonable, and he was willing to work with us on our package. We had already had our engagement photos done with another photographer, so he added an extra hour to our package instead of doing and engagement photo session.

The pictures came back in 8 weeks even with the holidays falling smack in the middle of that time frame! I'm very happy with Serge, and would recommend him to friends and family alike!

Sent on 01/06/2017

Jessica · Married on 08/06/2016

Wow, its hard to even know how to put this in words! Serge was the most amazing photographer we could have ever asked for. We watched Serge take photos at a friend's wedding and knew he had to be our photographer once we saw the way he had fun interacting with everyone and the beautiful photos he took! He took both our engagement photos and our wedding photos, all the way from getting ready at 3 PM to post reception photos at 11 PM. I don't even know if he stopped to eat, he was non stop! He even brought an assistant to take photos of my husband and his groomsmen getting ready so that he could take photos of myself and my bridesmaids before the ceremony. He has such a creative eye, and can think on the spot of how to capture a beautiful photo! He is also so fun, and my bridal party really enjoyed taking pictures with him! I absolutely loved our engagement photos and can't wait to see our wedding photos! Serge is the best!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Desiree · Married on 07/03/2016

OUTSTANDING! Serge is a phenomenal photographer. I got married 7/3/16 and he and his team were on point the entire time! They went above & beyond the call of duty, but what impressed me the most was when he STOPPED TRAFFIC to get the shot I had requested. The cars went around him which I found AWESOME! He's so good he held the camera backwards as he continued to walk forward so he wouldn't miss anything. He has never-ending energy WHICH IS A GREAT THING. He's such a joy to be around, our family & friends LOVED him. They're still talking about the funny camera man. Serge clearly LOVES what he does, and his team was fantastic. My advice to future brides, DON'T SCOFF AT PRICE if you want the best then pay for the best and Sokolov Photography is THE BEST. Serge you and your team did an AMAZING job, I can't wait to see the pictures. I'll be calling on you for future celebrations. My hat's off to you my friend, CHEERS!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Stella · Married on 06/25/2016

I had a big Birthday Party and i wanted to have a professional photographer to keep the memories. I was referred to Sokolov Photography by a colleague and it was just a blast. Sergey and Kate they were so much fun to work with, they were professional and creative and all the pictures that they took were just stunning. It really felt like they are my friends and they easily blended into the party and took all the awesome pictures of my guests. I am really happy they were my photographers and i would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants to keep the memories through the pictures and have lots of fun at the same time.

Sent on 04/05/2018

Kevin · Married on 06/17/2016

Serge was truly awesome to work with. I never thought I would say this, but he actually made taking pictures enjoyable. He was extremely laid back and kept us laughing the whole time; he was a big hit with the wedding party, the parents, and all of the other guests.. And of course, the important part is that the pictures turned out fantastic. During the big day, everything is a blur and it's hard to appreciate those little special moments. My wife and I were extremely happy with how Serge and his team caught all of those moments that we can now appreciate for a lifetime.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Marisa · Married on 05/13/2016

Serge was amazing! Great energy, great spirit. He made our engagement and wedding photos so much fun! He hustled so much throughout the day and made our guests feel like movie stars in the meantime! The photos really captured the joy of the day. We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 08/12/2016

I wish I could rate him 5+++! Serge photographed our daughters wedding and he was fantastic!!! Even our guests were commenting how great he was. To quote one of our guests 'That photographer...who was he? I want to hire him. He was everywhere right in the action and he was capturing every special moment...he was great'! She couldn't have said it better! On top of being a great photographer he was funny and very personable. He went above and beyond our expectations! Thank you Serge!!!! We can't wait to see the pictures.

Sent on 05/03/2016

My husband and I are so happy with having Serge as our engagement/wedding photographer! He was fantastic to work with, just a really nice and easy going guy all around, but still highly professional. We also were grateful that he offered such a reasonably priced package. The pictures themselves were beyond beautiful, and we received high resolution copies so we can print however much we want. I would recommend Serge to anyone who wants a high quality and enjoyable photography experience.

Sent on 01/24/2016

We were so lucky that Sokolov Photography / Serge was available on our wedding day! Our communication was speedy and clear from the beginning. Serge is very talented, he went the extra mile (or two!) for us, was very approachable and accommodating, friendly and fun to be around as a person, worked with us on our budget, captured very candid moments, yet also got all of the important moments documented. Overall, it was such a pleasure to interact with him and our pictures look great. Everyone felt comfortable with him which is what you want form a photographer. I would highly, highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Kavita · Married on 09/05/2015

If you want to truly cherish and relive every moment of you wedding after this once in a lifetime event has passed, Sokolov Photography is worth EVERY dime. Serge has an innate ability to make his clients feel at ease in front of a camera. My now husband and I were never ones to pose comfortably in front of a camera but Serge's positive vibe and sense of humor really helped bring out our personalities in the pictures. He takes the time to get to know the personality of the couple and brings it out in photos. His method of photography is creative and he takes ANY environment and transforms it into a beautiful work of art through his skill and use of various techniques. On our wedding day, he and his assistant were prompt and snapped pictures literally every second. It was evident that he and his assistant took their jobs seriously and made our pictures a priority as if it were their family's wedding. During our reception, Serge and his assistant were moving about the room capturing candid moments of each of our guests and us. They were up on chairs, squatting, bending ( you name it) just to get the perfect photograph!! The turnaround time to receive our engagement photos as well as wedding photos was quick. He sent it to us via a link and we also received a USB of our photos. The pictures were gorgeous and we will cherish them forever! Thank you Serge and Alex for capturing our precious day.

Sent on 10/31/2015

Molly · Married on 08/22/2015

Serge did a fabulous job with our wedding photography. He was great directing the photographs and really made everyone feel relaxed in front of the camera. The whole bridal party loved him and all of our friends and families personalities really showed through in the photographs! He went above and beyond our expectations and the pictures turned out stunning. Our venue required all vendors to be pre-approved. Serge handled all of the paperwork to get approved in a timely manner. He also worked with us to create a package that would stay within our budget.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Serge did a fantastic job for a complicated wedding! He was extremely thorough and did a lot of information gathering prior to the wedding (skype calls, since I wasn't local) as well as getting details of all of our family members! I was very impressed. I initially chose Sokolov because of the technical quality of his work. He is bar none the best photographer in this price range, and his quality exceeds almost any photographer in the DC area, no matter their asking price. If you want tons of beautiful, technically correct, and award winning quality shots, go with Serge! He shot all day for us and we had almost 1800 wonderful shots!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Alyssa · Married on 06/14/2015

Wow! Is all I can say about Serge and the Sokolov team. I couldn't be happier about choosing Serge to photograph our big day. From the very start, Serge was responsive and prompt with his communication. We chose a package that included an engagement photo shoot (which I highly recommend doing!). The engagement shoot allowed us to get used to being photographed and how Serge works. Our engagement photos were beautiful and I did not think he could top those, but he did with our wedding photos. The photos were absolutely stunning. Serge went above and beyond by scoping out the venue ahead of time and being early. He captured so many special moments that I had no idea had even happened at the wedding. Now looking back, those are moments and photos that I will treasure forever. I really appreciated his calm, fun, friendly and easy-going demeanor. Even our guests commented on his great personality and attitude. I highly recommend Sokolov!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Julie · Married on 06/13/2015

Serge photographed my wedding and reception in June of 2015, and I can honestly say his kind manner, personality and overall professionalism was fantastic. We asked him to join us for a two day event - a courthouse Friday wedding followed by a Saturday night reception, and he was amazing to work with. His photos were also amazing. I would work with Serge again for any event in the future!

Sent on 10/26/2015
  • User3562075 · 2+ years ago

We loved working with the Sokolovs. The whole process was easy and fun, which is not always the case with weddings. Serge shot our engagement and wedding photos. We were thrilled about our photos for both. We highly recommend!

Sent on 10/28/2015