Soirée Productions Reviews

16 | Park City, UT

16 Reviews for Soirée Productions

• Michelle

Michelle Moran · Married on 05/16/2020

Kristin and her team are a DREAM

My husband and I have said over and over that the best decision we made in our wedding planning process was to hire Kristin at Soirée Productions. We had been looking for a month-of coordinator - but she did SO much more! My anxiety about the wedding was virtually erased whenever I would discuss things with her. Kristin considered every single little detail you could possibly think of and took everything off our plates. HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 06/29/2020

Allen J Bergman · Married on 07/13/2019

Superb coordinator

I had the pleasure of working with Soirée Productions at a wedding. As a vendor myself I see many wedding coordinator's. Kristin left an impression on me. She was on point, knew how to handle every aspect of the event. She knew how to delegate authority, and had everything prepared weeks in advance. I highly recommend Kristen and Soirée Productions.

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Carlie

Carlie McCall · Married on 07/13/2019

Everyone needs a Kristin!

Kristin was incredible throughout our entire planning process. We were on the fence about hiring a coordinator because we thought we could do a majority of it ourselves, but boy were we wrong. There were so many things that we had overlooked that Kristin brought to our attention and helped us with....we had clearly never done a wedding before. Kristin’s professionalism and help put us at ease (or at least as relaxed as possible while planning a wedding). She helped combine so many different backgrounds and cultures into our wedding so that both of our families and most importantly, both of us were happy! She gladly met us at our venue, the startup building, multiple times prior to our wedding to work out any questions we had and review layouts. She was super helpful working around our schedules and my sporadic visits to Utah, as I live in Connecticut and she was helping me plan from across the country. When July 13th finally came, we were all at ease. She handled absolutely everything at The Startup Building and let us just focus on ourselves! Most importantly, during the wedding she had the most calming voice. There was never any concern or stress portrayed in her voice, although I’m sure she had to put out fires, we never even knew about them because (if there were any) she handled them on her own and we never had to worry about them! Everyone needs a Kristin at their wedding.

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Shruti

Shruti · Married on 05/25/2019

Patient, kind, responsive, detail-oriented wedding planner

I am so grateful to have had Kristin & the Soiree team as our wedding planning team. From our first conversation in early 2018 to our wedding day on May 25 2019 at the Stein Eriksen, Park City, Kristin was patient, detail oriented, helpful, kind, professional, gracious, and very organized. We had a Indian-Jewish inspired wedding with two ceremonies and a reception, and Kristin helped us ensure that every detail was taken care of and every factor was considered. She gave us unlimited time and was very responsive and thoughtful in all of her communications. I was especially impressed by her retention of detail, but what I especially appreciate about Kristin (as a PR professional myself and in the client service space) is her composure and ability to work seamlessly and professionally when faced with changing circumstances, dynamics, and variables. When we to make last minute to changes to our wedding day due to weather, Kristin was reliable, patient, and fast-moving-- ensuring that our wedding day was truly unforgettable. I cannot speak highly enough of Kristin, and if you are planning a wedding in the Park City / Salt Lake City area (and otherwise), she should be at the top of your list of people to call.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Christine Walsh · Married on 11/10/2018

Wow, wow, wow!

I wish I could give 10 stars to this amazing team! Kristin is definitely one of the BEST in the business and working with her was one of the best decisions we could have ever made for our wedding planning needs! We were planning our wedding for November 10, 2018 in Park City at Park Meadows Country Club from across the country. From the very first initial call to the execution on the day, we felt so taken care of! I was pretty worried about planning a wedding across the country, but Kristin listened to every detail we had and recommended the BEST vendors we could have asked for. When I tell you there was no stress, I really mean it! She took control of EVERY detail and made our wedding the most amazing day of our lives. We are forever grateful for her work and can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/03/2018
  • Nadia

Nadia Oberle · Married on 11/03/2018

Two Venue Helper!

Kristin is the best and a total genius when it comes to wedding planning!! I got married November 3rd, 2018 at St. Mary's in Park City, UT and had my reception at Blue Sky Ranch in Wanship, UT and having Kristin's help made the whole day run smoothly! I had planned a lot of the details myself and booked most of my vendors and she came in early enough in the process and really helped me dial everything in! I cannot say enough about how detail-oriented she is and what a perfectionist she was along with me! She took care of me! I enjoyed my wedding day and will cherish the day for the rest of my life! It was perfect! Thank you Kristin, Hailey, and Soiree Productions! :)

Sent on 12/04/2018

Nora · Married on 07/21/2018

Cannot recommend Soirèe more highly. Kristin is the best. She’s so patient, calm and positive. She always kept us as ease. Kristin has been doing this for years and it shows. She is detailed oriented, thorough and a true pro. My husband and I were able to completely relax and enjoy the weekend knowing everything was completely under control. Thank you Soirèe for making our wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Andrea · Married on 06/23/2018

Excellent job! Great connections & work ethic

We worked with Kristin Spear of Soiree Productions. We live in Los Angeles but were planning a wedding in Park City, Utah. Kristin was excellent throughout the process of organizing our wedding. She was extremely responsive with emails. She spent a lot time with us and visited the site multiple times beforehand to get a good sense of the space and make sure the managers at the venue were on the same page. She has many vendor connections in Park City which made booking our remaining vendors (such as rental furniture) easy. She really prioritized what we were looking for and fought to bring our vision to reality. We had an outdoor ceremony with very windy weather. This made things challenging as we had to change some of our plans at the last minute. She did her best to make quick decisions so the ceremony could go as smoothly as possible.

Overall Kristin did an excellent job and we would recommend her as a wedding planner, especially in Park City. We had an amazing wedding day that we will always remember. Kristin played a big part in making our day so memorable.

Sent on 01/19/2019

Jesicah · Married on 05/26/2018

Seriously...if you're wondering whether to hire a coordinator, do it!!! Kristin was beyond helpful and totally took away all my stress during my wedding weekend. I got married at Blue Sky Ranch this last weekend and so appreciated all her help - she took control of all details, vendors, and even arranged some last minute transportation needs. Seriously...use her!!!

Sent on 05/31/2018
  • Clarissa

Clarissa · Married on 08/29/2014

I came across Melissa Hagen of Soiree Productions through one of my other vendors. Originally, I had no intention of booking a wedding planner, but this was THE best money I ever spent.

My husband and I live in DC, but our wedding was in UT. I knew planning my wedding from afar wouldn't be easy. From the first call with her, though, I was immediately put to ease about the entire process. I knew she would take care of everything, and that most importantly, I wouldn’t be stressed on my big day.

She asked me to make a board of wedding inspiration on Pinterest and from there she knew exactly what I wanted. I took her every suggestion for vendors, and I was not disappointed. Each vendor I worked with was professional and incredible. We got great value, but did not sacrifice quality.

In addition to actual vendor planning, she helped with other smaller projects such as arranging calligraphy for the tent cards, finding gorgeous unique table toppers, and putting together our guest book. She even thought of a new twist on the boring wedding video of growing up pictures that no one watches. My wedding had lots of unique details that set it apart from so many overdone wedding themes, and this was 100% because of her.

In the weeks leading up to the wedding she took charge of the vendors and coordinated with them to make sure everything was ready. On the day of the wedding, she was by my side to make sure everything was flawless. She cue’d the wedding party as they walked down the aisle, and effortlessly transitioned all the guests from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, and to dinner, dancing, and cake cutting. When some of my guests started leaving, she coordinated the sparkler send off before they left so we didn’t miss out on that moment.

Our guests said our wedding was the best they had attended. The entire day was so organized, and I never had to worry about anything. Melissa is an amazing wedding planner. I feel very lucky to have worked with her.

Sent on 11/08/2014

Michelle · Married on 03/15/2014

We worked with Melissa Hagen to both plan and execute our destination wedding in Park City. She was fabulous. She took all of the stress out of planning a wedding.
    Melissa was able to look at my pinterest board and say, "I know the perfect vendor for you." She would then work with the vendors to make sure that everything came out perfectly for us.
    I was told by several people that I was the calmest bride they had seen--its absolutely because of Melissa and the incredible team of vendors that she help assemble for us.

Sent on 04/07/2014

Chelsey · Married on 01/12/2013

I recently had a wedding at the St. Regis Hotel and I couldn't have pulled it off without the help of Kristin Spear. Kristin was a breath of fresh air to work with and I loved having her by my side the whole process. She made sure that I was always on track with timelines and she kept track of my budget as we went through. She was always organized and on-time for our appointments. For being an out-of-town bride, I would have been lost without her help! Thank you Kristin!

Sent on 02/12/2013
  • kendall

kendall · Married on 01/07/2012

What can I say! I don't know what I would have done without Kristin. I had Day-of planning with a few extras, but as the day became closer and I became more stressed Kristin helped me so much with organization and making me a list of things to do and what was most important. She definitely relaxed my mind and was on top of every detail. On the day of I did not notice one problem because Kristin had taken care of all of them!! She was wonderful!

Sent on 02/01/2012

Jane · Married on 07/10/2010

I cannot say enough about the women who work at Soiree Productions. Lillie G was my wedding planner and made this whole experience stress free! She is amazing at what she does, she captures every detail (even the ones you wouldn't even think of), makes sure the vendors are all prepared on time, and makes sure everything runs smoothly! I had the most beautiful Ceremony/Reception and I thank Soiree for making it so amazing! They are the best!

Sent on 07/28/2010

Adam · Married on 07/03/2010

The Girls at Soiree are unbelievable, having a destination wedding and not knowing any vendors was very concerning at first but once we met with Kristin Spear (our planner) everything was taken care of, she was absolutely amazing and I loved her drill sargent attitude / organization the day of the wedding... We had so much fun with all of the ladies and i hope they enjoyed our day even though they were working.. Thanks again!!!

Adam & Tonya

Sent on 01/11/2011

2.4
      2.5
      1.5
      2.0
      3.0
      3.0

We hired Kristin Spear as our wedding planner after already booking most of our vendors/venue (a package she offers). While she did contribute to a wonderful wedding, we were pretty disappointed with the overall experience.

Good:
    - Coordinated the vendors on the wedding day and week before - I didn't have to deal with setup, paying anyone, etc
    - Has experience and connections in the industry - she knows a lot about Park City weddings
    - Gave us some fun ideas for the wedding that we wouldn't have otherwise had (welcome bags, late night snacks, decor, guestbook alternatives)

Bad (Pre-Wedding):
    - Was terrible at responding to emails (often took 5+ days)
    - Plugged vendors that she clearly had relationships with - felt like she was looking out for their interests rather than ours
    - Regularly needed reminding to get tasks done
    - Complained about other clients (unprofessional)
    - Seemed bored and even bothered in some of our meetings

Bad (Day of Wedding):
    - Forgot to buy items that she was supposed to deliver to my room
    - Messed up seating chart
    - Was MISSING throughout the day and night (disappeared for over an hour, I had to send people to look for her)
    - Handed a vendor a blank check that she was supposed to have filled in
    - Had no sense of urgency or even interest in her duties
    - Watched me trip over my dress on the stairs and didn’t offer to help at all (until I asked)
    - Ordered glow sticks but forgot to bring them to the dance floor. I left my own wedding to look for them, and could only find some. She was completely missing at this point. About 5 minutes before the end of the event, she showed up with the rest. Really disappointing.

I do recognize that she still did a LOT of work, but we paid a lot of money and don’t feel like we got that much for it. Wedding vendors complained to me that Kristin was bad to work with too.

Sent on 09/10/2015