Soda Reviews

Soda 1
  • Sarah

Sarah Krug · Married on 09/07/2019

Excellent! Highly recommend

Soda did an amazing job at our wedding! They had everyone dancing all night long. The band even went as far to learn our first dance song for us. Our guests have not stopped talking about them. They are very reasonably priced and truly made our wedding great! We hope to use them again in the future and highly recommend them to anyone! Make sure to book far in advance because their dates fill up fast!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Erin

Erin Wagner · Married on 05/18/2019

Best wedding reception music ever!

I’ve been to weddings where a lot of guests dance at the reception, however, with SODA performing EVERY guest was dancing the entire night!!! Amazing energy level for hours! Rob was excellent at DJing and keeping the reception moving at a great pace from start to finish. They played our first dance song perfectly to the pace of the original which went well with our choreographed dance. SODA even took the time to learn the mother/son dance song. Amazing experience and a talented band! Thank you SODA!

Sent on 07/22/2019
    Soda 2

Caitlin · Married on 09/01/2018

Rob and his band were amazing! We loved every moment! The accolades keep rolling in! The band kept the party going! I was impressed and very happy. I heard them a year ago, we booked them and were just as pleased the second time around! We truly enjoyed it all! Very happy! I just wish I could do it again this weekend!!’

Sent on 09/04/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/16/2018

Soda was wonderful! They are an extremely talented band and they have a wide variety of music to play. Or guests really loved the band and we have received many compliments on choosing such a great band. Rob was very nice and easy to work with. Highly recommend for your wedding!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Tyler · Married on 06/09/2018

Cannot recommend Soda enough for your event! Rob was extremely easy to work with in helping us plan the flow of the evening - and the night of everything went off without a hitch. The band was able to learn a couple of songs for us for first dances as well which is a nice touch. They are also really reasonably priced; absolutely worth every penny we paid! It was clear that they've done a ton of weddings and are absolute professionals.

The entire band is filled with great singers, and they've all got different voices, so you get a great variety of songs that will keep everyone satisfied (seriously, go look at their song catalog on their website!). It's everything from pop, ballads, classic rock, and some country. They kept the energy up and the dance floor packed the entire night. We got a ton of compliments throughout the night and afterwords about how great the band was. I cannot recommend these guys enough - you won't regret your choice with Soda!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Megan · Married on 05/12/2018

This band ROCKS! We had them play our wedding in May and I'd have to say it's probably the expense I'm most grateful for. They had played my cousin's wedding about 5 years ago so I knew they were great, I remembered people having a lot of fun, and I expected to see the dance floor mostly full for most of the night. Well, they blew my expectations out of the water! The dance floor was packed, to the point of people needing to dance on the outskirts, literally from the start of the first song to the end of the very last. They had parents dancing, aunts dancing, cousins playing their tambourine! I even saw my grandma out there bustin' a move at one point! I already knew which songs we had picked to be played as recordings during their breaks and yet they sounded so good I found myself looking up from dancing multiple times to see if they were actually playing.

Besides putting on a great show and making sure all my guests' feet hurt the next day, Rob was especially nice to work with leading up to the event. Very responsive, to the point of answering my initial emails within a day while they were playing shows in the Everglades and had spotty service, and very professional. It's clear they've done this before and were really helpful in laying out a good timeline for the night. I could not recommend this band more! They're well worth the money, and then some!

Sent on 06/21/2018

JOYCE · Married on 05/05/2018

Could not have been better!! Soda played at our wedding in downtown Chicago May 2018 and they crushed it! They provided live music for the ceremony (violinist and acoustic guitar) which was elegant and beautiful, and the full band for the reception. The dance floor was packed from start to finish, so much energy and a great mix of music. So many complements from guests. We booked them largely based on their great reviews and great price point, and after the reception I can say it was an unbelievable value. I recommend adding the saxophone player if they offer it. Really filled out the sound. Rob was easy to work with leading up to the wedding, very professional and responsive. We can't say enough great things!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/14/2017

Can't say enough good things about SODA! From the start, Rob was wonderful to work with. They had no issues learning a couple songs for us & helping my Dad & I pull off a surprise father/daughter dance. Their energy & range in variety of songs kept our dance floor going all night long! We've received so many compliments on the band & had people dancing who never do! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Jill · Married on 10/07/2017

We had a fabulous experience with Rob Loar and Soda. Rob was great to work with in terms of booking a date, he was very responsive in answering all of our questions leading up to our daughter's wedding. The music at the reception was AWESOME! The band sounded great and brought so much energy. Each song flowed right in to the next; the dance floor was packed the entire time. We LOVED Soda and got a lot of positive feedback from our guests too!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Melissa · Married on 10/07/2017

In October 2017, Soda brought my wedding to life! Rob Loar and Soda were awesome! Rob announced the entire wedding party after confirming pronunciations with me, he introduced each toast, and helped us facilitate a "picture game" to get a picture with every table. Everyone loved it! The best part was the music at the reception!! The band sounded great and kept the energy high and the dance floor full the entire night. The band shared their set list they built off of some songs we selected ahead of time and it was perfect! They were able to read the crowd and see that the energy was high and make the executive decision to shift some slow songs out; not every band is able to do this and it would clear the dance floor. Our guests have continued to rave about Soda and had the best time at our wedding because of them. We LOVE Soda! THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Audrey · Married on 09/08/2017

Without question, Soda is the best wedding and entertainment band in the area! We had Soda for our wedding, September 8, 2017. Their music choices, sound and chemistry within the group are spot on. Tammy the female singer is great along with the brass sounds and the multi-music talents of everyone in the group. The dance floor is always packed and our two best compliments of the night were the food and the band!! What more is needed? Rob is great to work with. He's very thorough and ensures you will have the best experience.

Sent on 09/13/2017

Justin · Married on 07/22/2017

Soda is the best decision anyone can make for their wedding! Having a live band brings a totally different energy and experience to the wedding and we couldn't have asked for a better band than Soda. They did acoustic for our cocktail hour and helped emcee the entire ceremony. The music was great and all our guests loved the band. I can't say enough good things about Rob and his fellow band members. They helped make the wedding a night we'll never forget. Plus, compared to alternative options, they are very cost-effective! 100% satisfaction!!!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/17/2017

They were simply amazing! My sister in law used for her wedding as well, and they were just as good as we remembered!! We gave them a list of songs we liked and they put together a wonderful play list for both cocktail hour and dinner! The band is amazing and literally every person we talk to about the wedding talks about how wonderful the band was! Our dance floor was full from start to finish!

Thanks Rob and Soda for helping make our day even more amazing!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Sam · Married on 06/10/2017

Soda Rocks was absolutely amazing! They were so easy to work with and really made my wedding day truly special! I got sooooo much positive feedback from nearly everyone at my wedding and they continued to be the talk of my friends and family for the weeks following. They played a HUGE variety of music and had everyone on the dancefloor until our reception ended. :)

Sent on 10/12/2017

Cindy · Married on 03/18/2017

We has Soda play at our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. They exceeded our expectations! Many of our guests danced all night. We still get compliments about the band at our wedding almost a year later. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/02/2018
  • F

Fraser · Married on 10/09/2016

We were recommended Soda by our wedding planner and they did not disappoint! The wedding was in Dubuque, IA, and they were happy to travel over. They played during the meal and struck exactly the right balance of upbeat background music but not being at all intrusive and allowing people to chat. After the meal they played a fantastic selection of music and made sure there was something for everyone, no matter their age. The quality of their music and singing was first class. The dance floor was packed all night and everyone had an amazing time. The fact that we have had so many compliments from guests on how great they were is a testament to this. We were so glad we booked them, they really made the night so memorable and fun. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Book them now!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Ashley · Married on 07/08/2016

I can't recommend SODA enough. If you're even considering them for your wedding, I whole-heartedly believe you should book them immediately. They were so easy to work with, a great value, and had our dance floor packed the entire night. We had tons of people compliment us after our wedding on how great they were. Thanks, Rob & Soda for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Josh & Jordyn · Married on 07/01/2016

My husband and I are so grateful we chose Soda to play at our wedding! Rob was absolutely fantastic from the moment we booked them to the very end of our wedding night! Rob talked with us various times throughout the wedding planning to ensure we were all on the same page. He also had SO many great ideas in order to make sure our day moved smoothly. We chose to have live music at our ceremony and Rob even learned the new instrumental in order to make that moment even more incredible! Rob was a great MC at the wedding and everything truly ran perfectly throughout the night! Rob mentioned when we first met him that he would play the songs we wanted but ultimately his band knew which songs would pump the crowd up and he was NOT kidding! Our guests had an incredible time and nearly everyone made it out onto the dance floor!! Not only did Rob meet our expectations but he exceeded them! Rob surprised us by playing the Father-Daughter and Mother-Son songs live! I could go on forever but overall SODA ROCKS!! BOOK them and you will not be disappointed :)

Sent on 07/11/2016

Nicole · Married on 06/25/2016

We booked SODA after reading great reviews on Wedding Wire and going to see them in person at a local venue. SODA did not disappoint. They had our guests dancing ALL night! Rob made sure we stayed on schedule with speeches and dinner to give our guests plenty of time to dance and have a good time. SODA exceeded our expectations. They learned our first dance song and it was perfect. The mother/groom and father/bride dances were just the right amount of time. Don't think twice about booking this wonderful band for your big day!!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Katie · Married on 06/11/2016

Soda was extremely professional in helping us get ready for the wedding reception, in which we held in our backyard. During the reception, they were fun and personable. Post-wedding, I received A LOT of compliments on how great the music was and on how much fun these guys were. I would definitely recommend them!!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Tamara · Married on 05/28/2016

We had a great experience with Soda. Rob even suggested that my husband and I come out to see them perform before booking and we were hooked. We had numerous conversations before the wedding and they made it so easy for us. We still have people comment on how wonderful and fun the band was at our wedding! Not only do they sound great but their energy gets everyone out on the dance floor and they stay there the whole night! Rob and the group even learned our first dance song and they sounded great!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Mike and Jamie · Married on 05/21/2016

Soda rocks! Our reception was a blast because of the awesome music Soda provided. It was a perfect evening from our first dance to the last song of the evening. Rob and the band were easy to work with and even learned our first song. Soda received many compliments from our wedding guests! We highly recommend Soda!!!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Tripp · Married on 04/30/2016

These guys are amazing. If you're looking for the dance floor to be packed, you came to the right place! They did my wedding, my brother wedding, and my cousin's......needless to say, everyone loved the band.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Soda played at our wedding in April 2016 and did a fantastic job from start to finish. Rob was very easy to work with ahead of the big day, getting the booking set up, agreeing on a songlist, working out set-up details with the venue etc. On the night the band was very professional and versatile and played lots of songs that appealed to a wide range of people, young and old, which ensured the dance floor was always busy. The musicians are very talented and having Rob playing the trumpet on a few songs really expanded the repertoire and meant it felt like we had a much bigger band than a 4-piece without having to pay for 7/8-piece band. Rob also provided MC duties on the night to introduce the toasts and organized dinner background music. We and all of our guests were very impressed with the band and we would not hesitate to book them again.

Sent on 05/28/2016

Jerry · Married on 12/12/2015

Having never seen them and only hearing a few snippets on their website we took a bit of a leap of faith in booking Soda for our wedding. To anyone reading this, please take that leap with us! If you feel unsure at all, Soda will not only catch you, but raise you up too. Rob, Erik, Jeff, Mark, & Tammy ... Thank You! Thank you! Thank you! We did not want our reception to end thanks to you. We received unanimous approval from our guests. From our parents who are seniors, to the kids and teens, and everyone in between, all were overjoyed with the music. One of our college students remarked she was on the dance floor and did not realize the band was on a break. You guys are that good. One of the kids loved it so much her mother happily, I repeat happily, told us she developed a blister from dancing so much. I was worried some of the older guests would complain about the loud music, etc but instead we heard nothing but compliments. One of the first things my mother told me the next day was "That band was really good. Where did you find them?" If you knew my mother, you would not expect this. From "At Last" "Build Me Up Buttercup" and the Beatles to "Sugar" "Uptown Funk" and T Swizzle, your setlist was so diverse it included several selections for everyone. And Tammy... what an incredible voice! I cannot recommend this band enough to anyone looking for a great time at their wedding. They are extremely professional, talented, and fun. Rob is wonderful to work with and very accommodating. We had a few last minute changes at the very end and he seamlessly took care of them. Also, from a price standpoint, we looked at several bands and Soda is very reasonable, so from a value standpoint, they are off the charts! Thank you Soda for making our wedding day truly one the best days ever!

Sent on 12/17/2015