SoCal Wedding Music Reviews

SoCal Wedding Music 6
  • Rhiannon

Rhiannon Maple-Toop · Married on 10/25/2018

Exceptional - you won't regret booking SoCal Wedding music

We came over from the UK for a beach wedding on October 25th 2018 at the Bahia in San Diego. We researched a lot about who we wanted to play at our wedding as we love music and this was very important to us. When we came across SoCal Wedding music/ Ryan we knew he would be perfect for our day and we were totally right. As we were in the UK we communicated a lot over the phone and email, Ryan was very approachable and friendly and made the whole experience very easy and enjoyable.

Ryan is talented beyond words, he has the most beautiful voice and his guitar playing is exceptional. Ryan is very professional and helped us organise the day as we did not have a wedding coordinator, he guided us with song choices and was open to learning new songs to play (even though he has a huge selection of songs). Ryan sang for the guests before the ceremony, played whilst I walked down the aisle, sang and played during a 2 hour cocktail party and then DJ’d for the rest of the night. He was a lot of fun, all our guests commented on how much they loved him. To anyone reading this review, you will not regret booking Ryan Hiller/ SoCal wedding music

Thank you so much Ryan, we hope to meet and work with you again! Rhiannon and Adam x

SoCal Wedding Music 7
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2018

So helpful and talented!!

Ryan was the most helpful and personable musician. Not only did he perform amazing live music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner - he also was an amazing DJ for our reception! Through the entire process Ryan was very organized and so helpful with recommendations for song choices, and made my planning process so much easier! He was always an email or call away with any question I had. The most compliments I got during our reception was how great our music was, and I even had engaged friends ask for his name and said they were gonna steal him from us! Do yourself a favor and go see him perform live and meet him in person, and prepare to be impressed! Thank you Ryan, you made our wedding a breeze! We will be stopping by one of your live shows again soon for sure!

Amy · Married on 10/13/2018

Ryan's Acoustic Performance =Rockin' Party

Ryan really made our wedding exceptional and unlike anyone else's with his acoustic performance during the ceremony and wedding dinner. He learned and played a custom song for us for our first dance, and another song for when I walked down the aisle. The ceremony song was a pretty tough Bob Schneider song, but Ryan did it flawlessly and with his own style. He is so talented and we got so many compliments from our guests. He really puts on an atmosphere that is fun and what people want to hear. He just makes you want to dance!

Ryan DJ'd for our reception and had everyone dancing until the wedding ended. Having a packed dance floor was one of my wedding goals - mission accomplished!

I would recommend Ryan to any bride and groom and look forward to seeing Ryan perform again.

D · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely the Best!

Ryan did a fantastic job at my daughter's wedding! He played live (guitar/singing) for the ceremony, cocktail hour and first dances, and then switched to DJing for the reception - all of it amazing! I had at least 10 (probably more!) people tell me how much they enjoyed the music - each one very impressed that I was able to score such a seasoned excellent musician :) On top of that, Ryan is super nice and easy to work with. He is absolutely worth every penny - you (and your guests) won't be disappointed if you hire him.

Alex · Married on 09/01/2018

The best ever

Ryan was the best decision I made for my wedding day! He learned a song to walk me down the aisle and I got nothing but compliments for his playing during cocktail hour! Highly highly highlllyyy recommend Ryan! He’s the best!

Sara · Married on 08/25/2018

Hire Ryan for your event. You will not regret it. He came highly recommended from one of our good friends so we went to watch one of his performances so we could see what all the hype was about. We were obviously so impressed we asked him to perform at our wedding the very next day! He was beyond helpful throughout the entire process and helped so much with all of our song selections. Our guests were coming up to us during the wedding to tell us how much they loved his live music! He is an amazing DJ and played the exact type of music that I wanted and kept the party going all night. He is so talented and I am so glad he was able to be there for our special day.

Anthony Taing · Married on 08/11/2018

Excellent!

10/10 Will definitely recommend to everyone!

Julie · Married on 08/03/2018

Talented musician and DJ

We were so thrilled that we got the opportunity to have Ryan be a part of our wedding. From the moment we first heard him play we were blown away by his talent and knew that he would be perfect.

Throughout the experience Ryan was a pleasure to work with and was extremely helpful and supportive, essentially guiding us through the entire process and providing great insights along the way.

While a phenomenal musician, Ryan was also an excellent DJ, ensuring the dance floor was always jumping! (Having Ryan do both live music and DJ was a huge bonus for us and made our lives so much easier).

We can't recommend Ryan highly enough. We consider ourselves very lucky to have had him play such an important part of our special day.

• Sara

Jen Manuel & PT Staff · Married on 07/28/2018

SoCal saved the Last Minute Planners!

We decided last minute to get a DJ, and I didn't think I had a shot at finding one last minute. I called Ryan at SoCal, he was booked, but he found us the most perfect DJ, Joe Cardillo. Joe played Acoustic for the 1st half and DJ the 2nd half. He was extremely talented.
    Everything was perfect! Ryan handled all the behind the scenes and both Ryan and Joe made everything seem like they knew us and this was planned all along.
    My husband originally didn't want a DJ and was fighting me on it, and he was soooo happy afterward.

SoCal Wedding Music 8
    SoCal Wedding Music 9

Maddy · Married on 07/22/2018

Ryan was such an amazing performer and DJ! He made our wedding so magical and perfect we really couldn’t of asked for a better musician! It was really hard for me to pick out specific songs that I wanted but he made everything so easy and stress free! I really trusted his judgment when it came to the music and he did not disappoint! We got some many amazing compliments about Ryan after and during the wedding! I remember finally getting to sit down for dinner while Ryan was signing and my husband and I just looked at each other and both said wow Ryan is amazing!!!

Jamie · Married on 06/15/2018

Where to start...Ryan was amazing! I originally found Ryan thru a wedding website and noticed he had great reviews. After a few email exchanges, I hired Ryan before my husband and I even heard him play live. After we booked him, we finally were able to go out and see him play and we were in awe of his talent! We enjoyed watching him play live so much we attended a couple gigs prior to our wedding. Ryan did acoustic during our ceremony and cocktail hour and then DJ'd our reception; we couldn't be happier with all of his services! If you're looking for a DJ or live musician for any of your events -look no further...hire Ryan!!!

Judith · Married on 05/27/2018

Ryan is a very talented and professional musician and entertainer! He performed at my son’s wedding including the ceremony and DJ at the dinner. He helped make the wedding a success and really got the party moving on the dance floor! I would highly recommend Ryan for a wedding or other event you need all types of music. Thanks Ryan..... can’t wait til my next event to hire you again!

Alicia · Married on 05/17/2018

Ryan was the best performer/DJ we could have asked for for our wedding! We absolutely loved having him perform live during our ceremony and dinner and DJ during cocktail hour and reception. All of our guests were raving about how great he was and we thoroughly enjoyed everything he did! He was great at communicating with me before hand and offering suggestions to make the process as stress free and easy as possible. We would absolutely recommend hiring him for your next event!

Sent on 08/12/2018
    SoCal Wedding Music 10

SoCal Wedding Music's reply:

Thank you so much Alicia! It was a total pleasure playing music for your wedding!

Richard · Married on 03/10/2018

We hired Ryan to play live at our reception on March 10th, 2018. He was also our MC and DJ later in the evening. In a word, Ryan was awesome. When I first met him he put my mind at ease as I could tell he was organized, professional, and a really talented musician. He’s an all around good guy too and willing to be as helpful as possible in planning a great event for you. Additionally, he’s very responsive via email or phone and always mindful about being available to help answer any questions you may have regarding your event. My friends and family really enjoyed listening to him play live at our reception. I’d highly recommend Ryan if you need any entertainment for your wedding ceremony or reception.

Richard P.

Camden Stockton · Married on 02/22/2018

Easy to work with great musician

Incredible experience! Ryan was a highlight of our wedding. He played acoustic guitar for our ceremony and dinner and our guests were amazed/swooning. It made for such a romantic evening for our intimate wedding.

When it was time to party Ryan made a great DJ with minimal input from Abby and I. As working professionals trying to put together a wedding 2000 miles from where we live was a challenge. Ryan was easily the best vendor we had and made it a breeze.

13/10. He makes us want to get married again.

SoCal Wedding Music 11

Elizabeth · Married on 10/21/2017

Ryan was perfect for our wedding day! He was flexible with changes during the ceremony and reception and mixed a little live music in here and there. Our guests danced to their hearts content! Thank you for helping make our day special.

Haylee · Married on 10/14/2017

Ryan was such a special addition to our wedding day. We had him perform an acoustic set at our garden cocktail hour and he DJ’d the rest of the evening’s events. We had also asked him to learn our first dance song, which was the most romantic and emotional part of the whole day for me. Our guests didn’t want cocktail hour to end because they were enjoying his set so much. I’ve received so many compliments about him from everyone that was there! He took all of our song requests to heart and then went above and beyond. We literally had to kick people off of the dance floor at the end of the night – no one wanted it to end! Aside from the wedding day, we have seen Ryan play around San Diego at venues. He is always so gracious, kind, and a truly talented performer.

Rez · Married on 10/06/2017

I found Ryan Hiller through an online search for a wedding musician... His reviews were awesome and seemed very sincere, so I decided to give him a call... We had a very nice chat, he was real cool to talk to. Ryan invited my fiancé and I to come to one of his shows at a local Bar/Lounge in Del Mar... We quickly noticed that Ryan is beyond talented... He has such an incredible voice and is an amazing guitarist. We chatted with him and he squeezed in a few wedding songs so we could get a feel for what he can do. He had us teary-eyed instantly...we had found our guy! Ryan was so great throughout the process and even learned a few songs for us. When the wedding day came he honestly blew it out of the water. Ryan made the day so perfect, we were so lucky and proud to have him preform... We had so many guests tell us how great and talented a singer he is, and that he DJ'd the best reception/"dance party" they have been to in a long time. This guy knows what he is doing and he can do it all, from ceremony music through the reception. Ryan was so thoughtful and considerate throughout this process. We would recommend him to anyone and everyone!!! He is the best around, and anyone looking for a wedding musician, would be lucky to have him.

Sent on 10/28/2017

SoCal Wedding Music's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share these kind words Rez! The feeling is totally mutual! You, Shannon, and the rest of your family and friends were an absolute pleasure to play for! Thanks for having me -Ryan

Spring · Married on 07/29/2017

Ryan is so talented! He was also an absolute pleasure to work with. He performed the ceremony music for our wedding and played for our cocktail hour and our guests absolutely loved him. He even learned a song for the recessional of ceremony and performed it perfectly! I was so happy with his performance and his professionalism. Thank you Ryan!

Sent on 08/11/2017

SoCal Wedding Music's reply:

Spring, thank you so much for sharing these kind words! It was an absolute pleasure to play for you!!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/01/2017

I could not have asked for a better performer at my wedding reception than Ryan! His live performance during cocktail hour and dinner was phenomenal, and all of my guests were very impressed with his musical talent. He was also a great DJ when it came time to party, and incorporated my song requests as well as other great dance beats. Ryan was very professional and communicative leading up to and during the event. He is also just a really nice, friendly guy. I would absolutely recommend Ryan for any type of event, and a family friend has already booked him for their wedding next year. I look forward to seeing him perform again!

Sent on 10/27/2017

SoCal Wedding Music's reply:

Hi Whitney, It was an honor to play for you guys! I was so humbled to be a part of such a classy event. Everyone in your group was really great! Thanks again, Ryan

Brett · Married on 06/30/2017

Ryan was awesome. His acoustic music and voice we both amazing. During the reception he was super interactive with everyone there. Took requests, as weird as they may be, and did a great job. We couldn't have asked for a better person to help make our day great. Thank you Ryan!

Sent on 07/16/2017

SoCal Wedding Music's reply:

Thank you so much, Brett! The pleasure was all mine! You were all a fantastic group of people to play for. Thanks for having me. Ryan

A · Married on 06/24/2017

We had a terrific experience with Ryan. He played and DJ'd our wedding in June. The first time I called Ryan, we spoke for a half hour, and he patiently answered my questions, inquired about our preferences, and discussed his background in music and the wedding business. He encouraged my wife and I to come to one of his shows so we could see if he would be a good fit for us. We drove down to San Diego one weekend and saw him play. He is a truly gifted musician and his style was a great fit for us. By the time he finished the second song we knew we wanted him to play our wedding. Ryan is also a genuinely good guy. On his set breaks during that show, he came over and sat with us to get to know us better. In the months leading up to the wedding, we spoke several times on the phone and he was always responsive to questions and requests. We gave him a short list of songs we wanted him to play, but we left a good deal to his discretion, because we trusted his taste in music and his familiarity with our tastes. He did not let us down. Both his live music and DJ'ing during the wedding were excellent. We received several compliments from our guests on his performance. Ryan is both an incredible musician and a professional wedding vendor and, in our experience, that's not easy to find. He has our highest recommendation.

Sent on 09/29/2017

SoCal Wedding Music's reply:

Wow! Your words are so incredibly kind! You truly made my day, and the feelings are totally mutual. It was such a pleasure to play for you on your wedding day, and for all of your wonderful guests. Thanks so much again for taking the time to share your experiences! Ryan

Carlie · Married on 05/20/2017

Ryan Hiller is amazing. He was the first vendor I contracted because I was so worried he would get booked by another bride... I HAD to have him play at our wedding! Just go listen to his songs on his website… : ) Ryan sang and played his guitar for our ceremony/cocktail hour and then switched gears and DJ'ed our reception… Guests were blown away with how talented he was and stayed on the dance floor until the very end. My husband and I couldn't be happier with how everything went and we highly recommend him : )

Randi · Married on 03/25/2017

After contacting Ryan to inquire about playing at our wedding, my husband and I went to listen to him play live and we knew immediately that we wanted to hire him for our wedding! Not only is he a very talented musician and DJ, but he was so easy to work with, he listened and gave great recommendations, and knew exactly how to capture the crowd! He really can do it all and our guests loved him! Without a doubt, the best decision we made was hiring Ryan! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 04/02/2017

SoCal Wedding Music's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write these kind words! Your crowd was so incredibly nice, and it was such a pleasure entertaining them from cocktail hour through dinner. Then, it was a blast watching everyone have a great time on the dance floor. Thank you so much again for including me in such an amazing event!