SoCal Wedding Music Reviews

SoCal Wedding Music 5
  • Nicole

Nicole Perry · Getting married on 05/06/2021

Ryan is Amazing!!!!

Ryan was amazing at Logan and I's wedding. He sang amazing and our guests loved him. I would highly recommend him for any occasion!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Htet

Htet Khine · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Htet & Anderson's Wedding -- 9/28/19

Hands down the best So Cal Wedding Music you can find is right here by Ryan. If you’re reading this, search no more. All our guest told us how great the music was from ceremony until the end of the night. We had Ryan perform live music for our ceremony and part of our reception. Then he busted out his DJ skills throughout the night.

Our wedding was a little difficult logistically since we had Ryan perform at La Jolla Shores beach and then move all his equipment to The US Grant hotel all within a span of one and half hours. He was able to setup all his equipment at our reception and we didn’t experience any technical issues throughout the night. Having Ryan at your wedding is similar to having your favorite artist perform at your wedding without the price tag of $40k per hour. He’s able to get everyone involved and on the dance floor throughout the whole night! It was a blast seeing our family and friends dancing all the way until the end. It’s not usual to see your 68-year-old guests dancing until midnight, but they were cheering on Ryan to play even more. They didn’t want the music to stop! Ryan does a phenomenal job at mixing up the songs to keep people showing their personal dance moves. We even had some guests trying to go shirtless by the end of the night!

If you want a memorable night with all you guests shaking their booties until the end of the night, then Ryan is the one. Ryan, we can’t thank you enough, you made our wedding night one for the books. True happiness is seeing all your family and friends having a great time, dancing with complete disregard of who’s watching, and enjoying the music that moves your soul!

PS: It was Ryan’s birthday that night too! Even though it was his birthday, he stayed later since our guests was having such a great time and didn’t want to stop dancing. Our guests actually asked for encore three times! And of course, Ryan happily played for them to their heart’s satisfaction! Thank you, Ryan!

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Tyler

Tyler Hammond · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Had a Rockstar at our wedding! :)

Ryan is easy to talk to, knows how to steer a crowd, great music/voice, and is totally flexible. In a nutshell, Socal Wedding Music was the pulse to our wedding.

We would totally recommend Socal Wedding Music to any of our friends.

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Lindy

Lindy Kaiser · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Amazing musician and dj

We are so happy we chose Ryan Hiller. Ryan was by far the best choice I we could have made. He is an amazing musician with an incredible voice. Our wedding started a little late, but our guests were thoroughly entertained by Ryan…in fact, they would have appreciated it starting even later so they could continue to enjoy Ryan’s music!! His cocktail music was fabulous then he switched to DJ for dinner and dancing. He literally is the best DJ, I have ever seen. He listened to exactly what style music we were looking for and he was spot on!!! As a DJ Ryan talks only when appropriate (he doesn’t say stupid cheesy stuff that many DJ’s do) and keeps everything moving smoothly. The guests danced all night and have told me over the past week how much they LOVED our musician/DJ. Hire Ryan it will be the best decision you make for your wedding and reception!!

Sent on 10/25/2019

David Duchesne · Getting married on 02/04/2020

Awesome artist and DJ

Ryan did a fantastic job setting a great atmosphere at our wedding. He played covers during cocktail hour, managed our playlist during dinner and got our guests dancing at night! Everything was perfect an everyone was so pleased by Ryan’s performances.
    We got all the songs we wanted and more, we really had a blast!
    Thank you Ryan for making our wedding such an awesome day!

Sent on 04/28/2019

Missy Dalby · Married on 12/14/2019

Great singer, best DJ, good personality

We absolutely LOVED Ryan at our wedding. He has a great voice and was an incredible DJ. We saw him perform in person a couple times before the wedding and his voice and personality sealed the deal for us. He was so great and easy to work with!

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Craig

Craig · Married on 10/11/2019

Ryan was great!

Ryan was an incredible DJ for our wedding last weekend. His song selection kept the dance floor alive all night long! Additionally his versatility to play the guitar live, as well as DJ, was a huge asset and something that we got a lot of positive feedback from our guests. He was a big part in why our night turned out so great and any wedding would be lucky to have him!

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Tracy

Tracy Day · Married on 09/22/2019

Don't think twice, hire Ryan!

Ryan was extremely friendly and helpful from the moment we first connected. We were from out of town and he made everything so simple. I had the pleasure of going out to San Diego and seeing him perform before our wedding and that just made me even more excited about choosing him for our day! His acoustic performance during our ceremony was perfection and helped to set the perfect mood during dinner. I had many people come up to me to say how great he was! Overall, super happy we had Ryan as part of our day. Awesome musician, great guy and super easy to work with!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Pilar Bradford · Married on 09/21/2019

We love Ryan!

My husband and I were so happy we went with Ryan at SoCal Wedding Music for our big day! He knocked it out of the park! He was easy to work with, quick to respond and did a fantastic job playing live for the ceremony and cocktail hour! Ryan is the best!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Margo Mcentee · Married on 09/07/2019

Musician and DJ for my wedding

Ryan played for our wedding on September 7, 2019 and did such a great job! Our guests’ favorite part was when he played live. He has a wonderful voice and really got the audience into the music! He also transitioned well into our DJ later in the night and kept everyone dancing the whole time which was really important to me. I would highly recommend Ryan for future events and thought he did an amazing job!

Sent on 11/20/2019

Emily · Married on 08/10/2019

The Best Musician and DJ!

Ryan was amazing! He performed live for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and then DJ’ed for our reception. He was also our MC and did an awesome job. Not only is he super talented, but he’s also an easy going and really nice guy which made all of our pre-wedding day communication easy and enjoyable.

At the wedding, Ryan knew how to read the crowd, get our guests on the dance floor, and keep the energy high throughout the night. Ryan was awesome and we are SO happy we booked him for our special day! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/01/2019

Nancy Hulst · Married on 06/22/2019

Ryan is an amazing singer and DJ that made the entire evening perfect!

Many times you hire a DJ and that is all they do, Ryan goes above and beyond just being a DJ, he is an AMAZING singer that made the entire evening perfect! Ryan played at our wedding this past June, he knew how to WOW the crowd. I had so many guests compliment his singing ability and his music choices to really get the party going. He worked so well with us in choosing the prefect songs to make it the most memorable evening. Without a doubt, I would hire Ryan again, thanks so much!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany Tracy · Married on 05/26/2019

The best in SoCal - don't miss out!

SoCal Wedding Music, specifically Ryan Hiller, was a dream to work with. He was a referral from a coworker who recently got married. We checked out Ryan at Herringbone La Jolla to witness his live music. From the start, he was quickly understood what we were looking for and was overly accommodating. Ryan treated us as friends, not clients. He is beyond talented and offers a unique style few wedding entertainers can. Ryan played live for our cocktail hour and offered DJ services for the ceremony, dinner, and reception. He seamlessly coordinated four music locations through the wedding. He was complimented by many that evening, and we have already provided his information to family who are getting married later this year. If you book SoCal Wedding Music and Ryan Hiller, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen Nomady · Married on 05/18/2019

Incredibly Talented & Overall Awesome Guy!

Ryan was absolutely AMAZING! We couldn’t have asked for a better musician and DJ for our wedding ceremony and reception! He was so friendly and easygoing the first time we spoke on the phone, it felt like we were talking to a good friend. He was always responsive and catering to our needs, so we knew we’d be in good hands. He was an incredibly talented musician for our ceremony and played the best music during our reception - our guests were on the dance floor all night and we ended up paying him extra to keep him around longer! If we had to do it all over again, we wouldn’t think twice about booking Ryan. You will be in great hands with him!! Thank you so much Ryan!!!!

Sent on 06/21/2019

SoCal Wedding Music's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts here, Kristen! It was a total pleasure playing for you!!

Allyson · Married on 03/23/2019

Ryan was amazing in all aspects and we would highly recommend him!

Ryan was amazing in all aspects and we would highly recommend him! We were looking for live music to be played at our wedding and we came across Ryan, who not only is amazing when he plays live, but is a wonderful DJ. When we first contacted him he recommend we come see him live, as he stressed our wedding is a big day and he wants to make sure we would be happy with his playing style. We were so impressed when we saw him we decided that night we wanted him to be part of our day. During the planning process he made things so easy (especially since planning a wedding can be stressful) and even gave some suggestions we didn't think of. When the day finally came Ryan was even better than we expected and hoped for. We asked him to play a special song when I walked down the aisle and it is a moment we will never forget! Ryan was also a great DJ; he had everyone dancing until the very last song. People tell you your wedding day flies by and it is true, but you will remember dancing the night away and Ryan made our night even better. We still get complements on our DJ and the talented man who played at our wedding. :D We have been to several weddings since ours and we still rave about how lucky we were to find Ryan and have him be our DJ.

Sent on 10/22/2019

Debra Lampley · Married on 02/16/2019

We were wowed

I wish I could give Ryan more stars! I am a professional wedding planner. I’ve had the honor of working with a lot of musicians and DJs and Ryan is the best of the best. He has an insane knowledge of music, a huge songbook and most importantly an innate ability to read the crowd. My son’s wedding last month was the third wedding I saw him at. Each wedding was unique to the couple and the venue. Ryan is lovely to work with. He literally learned two ceremony songs just days before the wedding. As a wedding planner I always say the music is the number one thing to make or break a wedding. Ryan made our wedding.

Sent on 03/10/2019
  • Rhiannon

Rhiannon Maple-Toop · Married on 10/25/2018

Exceptional - you won't regret booking SoCal Wedding music

We came over from the UK for a beach wedding on October 25th 2018 at the Bahia in San Diego. We researched a lot about who we wanted to play at our wedding as we love music and this was very important to us. When we came across SoCal Wedding music/ Ryan we knew he would be perfect for our day and we were totally right. As we were in the UK we communicated a lot over the phone and email, Ryan was very approachable and friendly and made the whole experience very easy and enjoyable.

Ryan is talented beyond words, he has the most beautiful voice and his guitar playing is exceptional. Ryan is very professional and helped us organise the day as we did not have a wedding coordinator, he guided us with song choices and was open to learning new songs to play (even though he has a huge selection of songs). Ryan sang for the guests before the ceremony, played whilst I walked down the aisle, sang and played during a 2 hour cocktail party and then DJ’d for the rest of the night. He was a lot of fun, all our guests commented on how much they loved him. To anyone reading this review, you will not regret booking Ryan Hiller/ SoCal wedding music

Thank you so much Ryan, we hope to meet and work with you again! Rhiannon and Adam x

SoCal Wedding Music 6
    Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2018

So helpful and talented!!

Ryan was the most helpful and personable musician. Not only did he perform amazing live music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner - he also was an amazing DJ for our reception! Through the entire process Ryan was very organized and so helpful with recommendations for song choices, and made my planning process so much easier! He was always an email or call away with any question I had. The most compliments I got during our reception was how great our music was, and I even had engaged friends ask for his name and said they were gonna steal him from us! Do yourself a favor and go see him perform live and meet him in person, and prepare to be impressed! Thank you Ryan, you made our wedding a breeze! We will be stopping by one of your live shows again soon for sure!

Sent on 10/27/2018
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 10/13/2018

Ryan's Acoustic Performance =Rockin' Party

Ryan really made our wedding exceptional and unlike anyone else's with his acoustic performance during the ceremony and wedding dinner. He learned and played a custom song for us for our first dance, and another song for when I walked down the aisle. The ceremony song was a pretty tough Bob Schneider song, but Ryan did it flawlessly and with his own style. He is so talented and we got so many compliments from our guests. He really puts on an atmosphere that is fun and what people want to hear. He just makes you want to dance!

Ryan DJ'd for our reception and had everyone dancing until the wedding ended. Having a packed dance floor was one of my wedding goals - mission accomplished!

I would recommend Ryan to any bride and groom and look forward to seeing Ryan perform again.

Sent on 11/25/2018

D · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely the Best!

Ryan did a fantastic job at my daughter's wedding! He played live (guitar/singing) for the ceremony, cocktail hour and first dances, and then switched to DJing for the reception - all of it amazing! I had at least 10 (probably more!) people tell me how much they enjoyed the music - each one very impressed that I was able to score such a seasoned excellent musician :) On top of that, Ryan is super nice and easy to work with. He is absolutely worth every penny - you (and your guests) won't be disappointed if you hire him.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Alex · Married on 09/01/2018

The best ever

Ryan was the best decision I made for my wedding day! He learned a song to walk me down the aisle and I got nothing but compliments for his playing during cocktail hour! Highly highly highlllyyy recommend Ryan! He’s the best!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Sara · Married on 08/25/2018

Hire Ryan for your event. You will not regret it. He came highly recommended from one of our good friends so we went to watch one of his performances so we could see what all the hype was about. We were obviously so impressed we asked him to perform at our wedding the very next day! He was beyond helpful throughout the entire process and helped so much with all of our song selections. Our guests were coming up to us during the wedding to tell us how much they loved his live music! He is an amazing DJ and played the exact type of music that I wanted and kept the party going all night. He is so talented and I am so glad he was able to be there for our special day.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Anthony Taing · Married on 08/11/2018

Excellent!

10/10 Will definitely recommend to everyone!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Julie · Married on 08/03/2018

Talented musician and DJ

We were so thrilled that we got the opportunity to have Ryan be a part of our wedding. From the moment we first heard him play we were blown away by his talent and knew that he would be perfect.

Throughout the experience Ryan was a pleasure to work with and was extremely helpful and supportive, essentially guiding us through the entire process and providing great insights along the way.

While a phenomenal musician, Ryan was also an excellent DJ, ensuring the dance floor was always jumping! (Having Ryan do both live music and DJ was a huge bonus for us and made our lives so much easier).

We can't recommend Ryan highly enough. We consider ourselves very lucky to have had him play such an important part of our special day.

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • Sara

Jen Manuel & PT Staff · Married on 07/28/2018

SoCal saved the Last Minute Planners!

We decided last minute to get a DJ, and I didn't think I had a shot at finding one last minute. I called Ryan at SoCal, he was booked, but he found us the most perfect DJ, Joe Cardillo. Joe played Acoustic for the 1st half and DJ the 2nd half. He was extremely talented.
    Everything was perfect! Ryan handled all the behind the scenes and both Ryan and Joe made everything seem like they knew us and this was planned all along.
    My husband originally didn't want a DJ and was fighting me on it, and he was soooo happy afterward.

SoCal Wedding Music 7