SoCal Wedding Music Reviews

SoCal Wedding Music 5
SoCal Wedding Music 6

David Duchesne · Getting married on 02/04/2020

Awesome artist and DJ

Ryan did a fantastic job setting a great atmosphere at our wedding. He played covers during cocktail hour, managed our playlist during dinner and got our guests dancing at night! Everything was perfect an everyone was so pleased by Ryan’s performances.
    We got all the songs we wanted and more, we really had a blast!
    Thank you Ryan for making our wedding such an awesome day!

Sent on 04/28/2019

Emily · Married on 08/10/2019

The Best Musician and DJ!

Ryan was amazing! He performed live for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and then DJ’ed for our reception. He was also our MC and did an awesome job. Not only is he super talented, but he’s also an easy going and really nice guy which made all of our pre-wedding day communication easy and enjoyable.

At the wedding, Ryan knew how to read the crowd, get our guests on the dance floor, and keep the energy high throughout the night. Ryan was awesome and we are SO happy we booked him for our special day! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen Nomady · Married on 05/18/2019

Incredibly Talented & Overall Awesome Guy!

Ryan was absolutely AMAZING! We couldn’t have asked for a better musician and DJ for our wedding ceremony and reception! He was so friendly and easygoing the first time we spoke on the phone, it felt like we were talking to a good friend. He was always responsive and catering to our needs, so we knew we’d be in good hands. He was an incredibly talented musician for our ceremony and played the best music during our reception - our guests were on the dance floor all night and we ended up paying him extra to keep him around longer! If we had to do it all over again, we wouldn’t think twice about booking Ryan. You will be in great hands with him!! Thank you so much Ryan!!!!

Sent on 06/21/2019

SoCal Wedding Music's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts here, Kristen! It was a total pleasure playing for you!!

Debra Lampley · Married on 02/16/2019

We were wowed

I wish I could give Ryan more stars! I am a professional wedding planner. I’ve had the honor of working with a lot of musicians and DJs and Ryan is the best of the best. He has an insane knowledge of music, a huge songbook and most importantly an innate ability to read the crowd. My son’s wedding last month was the third wedding I saw him at. Each wedding was unique to the couple and the venue. Ryan is lovely to work with. He literally learned two ceremony songs just days before the wedding. As a wedding planner I always say the music is the number one thing to make or break a wedding. Ryan made our wedding.

Sent on 03/10/2019
  • Rhiannon

Rhiannon Maple-Toop · Married on 10/25/2018

Exceptional - you won't regret booking SoCal Wedding music

We came over from the UK for a beach wedding on October 25th 2018 at the Bahia in San Diego. We researched a lot about who we wanted to play at our wedding as we love music and this was very important to us. When we came across SoCal Wedding music/ Ryan we knew he would be perfect for our day and we were totally right. As we were in the UK we communicated a lot over the phone and email, Ryan was very approachable and friendly and made the whole experience very easy and enjoyable.

Ryan is talented beyond words, he has the most beautiful voice and his guitar playing is exceptional. Ryan is very professional and helped us organise the day as we did not have a wedding coordinator, he guided us with song choices and was open to learning new songs to play (even though he has a huge selection of songs). Ryan sang for the guests before the ceremony, played whilst I walked down the aisle, sang and played during a 2 hour cocktail party and then DJ’d for the rest of the night. He was a lot of fun, all our guests commented on how much they loved him. To anyone reading this review, you will not regret booking Ryan Hiller/ SoCal wedding music

Thank you so much Ryan, we hope to meet and work with you again! Rhiannon and Adam x

Sent on 10/30/2018
    SoCal Wedding Music 7
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2018

So helpful and talented!!

Ryan was the most helpful and personable musician. Not only did he perform amazing live music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner - he also was an amazing DJ for our reception! Through the entire process Ryan was very organized and so helpful with recommendations for song choices, and made my planning process so much easier! He was always an email or call away with any question I had. The most compliments I got during our reception was how great our music was, and I even had engaged friends ask for his name and said they were gonna steal him from us! Do yourself a favor and go see him perform live and meet him in person, and prepare to be impressed! Thank you Ryan, you made our wedding a breeze! We will be stopping by one of your live shows again soon for sure!

Sent on 10/27/2018
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 10/13/2018

Ryan's Acoustic Performance =Rockin' Party

Ryan really made our wedding exceptional and unlike anyone else's with his acoustic performance during the ceremony and wedding dinner. He learned and played a custom song for us for our first dance, and another song for when I walked down the aisle. The ceremony song was a pretty tough Bob Schneider song, but Ryan did it flawlessly and with his own style. He is so talented and we got so many compliments from our guests. He really puts on an atmosphere that is fun and what people want to hear. He just makes you want to dance!

Ryan DJ'd for our reception and had everyone dancing until the wedding ended. Having a packed dance floor was one of my wedding goals - mission accomplished!

I would recommend Ryan to any bride and groom and look forward to seeing Ryan perform again.

Sent on 11/25/2018

D · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely the Best!

Ryan did a fantastic job at my daughter's wedding! He played live (guitar/singing) for the ceremony, cocktail hour and first dances, and then switched to DJing for the reception - all of it amazing! I had at least 10 (probably more!) people tell me how much they enjoyed the music - each one very impressed that I was able to score such a seasoned excellent musician :) On top of that, Ryan is super nice and easy to work with. He is absolutely worth every penny - you (and your guests) won't be disappointed if you hire him.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Alex · Married on 09/01/2018

The best ever

Ryan was the best decision I made for my wedding day! He learned a song to walk me down the aisle and I got nothing but compliments for his playing during cocktail hour! Highly highly highlllyyy recommend Ryan! He’s the best!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Sara · Married on 08/25/2018

Hire Ryan for your event. You will not regret it. He came highly recommended from one of our good friends so we went to watch one of his performances so we could see what all the hype was about. We were obviously so impressed we asked him to perform at our wedding the very next day! He was beyond helpful throughout the entire process and helped so much with all of our song selections. Our guests were coming up to us during the wedding to tell us how much they loved his live music! He is an amazing DJ and played the exact type of music that I wanted and kept the party going all night. He is so talented and I am so glad he was able to be there for our special day.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Anthony Taing · Married on 08/11/2018

Excellent!

10/10 Will definitely recommend to everyone!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Julie · Married on 08/03/2018

Talented musician and DJ

We were so thrilled that we got the opportunity to have Ryan be a part of our wedding. From the moment we first heard him play we were blown away by his talent and knew that he would be perfect.

Throughout the experience Ryan was a pleasure to work with and was extremely helpful and supportive, essentially guiding us through the entire process and providing great insights along the way.

While a phenomenal musician, Ryan was also an excellent DJ, ensuring the dance floor was always jumping! (Having Ryan do both live music and DJ was a huge bonus for us and made our lives so much easier).

We can't recommend Ryan highly enough. We consider ourselves very lucky to have had him play such an important part of our special day.

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • Sara

Jen Manuel & PT Staff · Married on 07/28/2018

SoCal saved the Last Minute Planners!

We decided last minute to get a DJ, and I didn't think I had a shot at finding one last minute. I called Ryan at SoCal, he was booked, but he found us the most perfect DJ, Joe Cardillo. Joe played Acoustic for the 1st half and DJ the 2nd half. He was extremely talented.
    Everything was perfect! Ryan handled all the behind the scenes and both Ryan and Joe made everything seem like they knew us and this was planned all along.
    My husband originally didn't want a DJ and was fighting me on it, and he was soooo happy afterward.

Sent on 10/26/2018
    SoCal Wedding Music 8
    SoCal Wedding Music 9

Maddy · Married on 07/22/2018

Ryan was such an amazing performer and DJ! He made our wedding so magical and perfect we really couldn’t of asked for a better musician! It was really hard for me to pick out specific songs that I wanted but he made everything so easy and stress free! I really trusted his judgment when it came to the music and he did not disappoint! We got some many amazing compliments about Ryan after and during the wedding! I remember finally getting to sit down for dinner while Ryan was signing and my husband and I just looked at each other and both said wow Ryan is amazing!!!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Jamie · Married on 06/15/2018

Where to start...Ryan was amazing! I originally found Ryan thru a wedding website and noticed he had great reviews. After a few email exchanges, I hired Ryan before my husband and I even heard him play live. After we booked him, we finally were able to go out and see him play and we were in awe of his talent! We enjoyed watching him play live so much we attended a couple gigs prior to our wedding. Ryan did acoustic during our ceremony and cocktail hour and then DJ'd our reception; we couldn't be happier with all of his services! If you're looking for a DJ or live musician for any of your events -look no further...hire Ryan!!!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Judith · Married on 05/27/2018

Ryan is a very talented and professional musician and entertainer! He performed at my son’s wedding including the ceremony and DJ at the dinner. He helped make the wedding a success and really got the party moving on the dance floor! I would highly recommend Ryan for a wedding or other event you need all types of music. Thanks Ryan..... can’t wait til my next event to hire you again!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Alicia · Married on 05/17/2018

Ryan was the best performer/DJ we could have asked for for our wedding! We absolutely loved having him perform live during our ceremony and dinner and DJ during cocktail hour and reception. All of our guests were raving about how great he was and we thoroughly enjoyed everything he did! He was great at communicating with me before hand and offering suggestions to make the process as stress free and easy as possible. We would absolutely recommend hiring him for your next event!

Sent on 08/12/2018
    SoCal Wedding Music 10

SoCal Wedding Music's reply:

Thank you so much Alicia! It was a total pleasure playing music for your wedding!

Richard · Married on 03/10/2018

We hired Ryan to play live at our reception on March 10th, 2018. He was also our MC and DJ later in the evening. In a word, Ryan was awesome. When I first met him he put my mind at ease as I could tell he was organized, professional, and a really talented musician. He’s an all around good guy too and willing to be as helpful as possible in planning a great event for you. Additionally, he’s very responsive via email or phone and always mindful about being available to help answer any questions you may have regarding your event. My friends and family really enjoyed listening to him play live at our reception. I’d highly recommend Ryan if you need any entertainment for your wedding ceremony or reception.

Richard P.

Sent on 03/26/2018

Camden Stockton · Married on 02/22/2018

Easy to work with great musician

Incredible experience! Ryan was a highlight of our wedding. He played acoustic guitar for our ceremony and dinner and our guests were amazed/swooning. It made for such a romantic evening for our intimate wedding.

When it was time to party Ryan made a great DJ with minimal input from Abby and I. As working professionals trying to put together a wedding 2000 miles from where we live was a challenge. Ryan was easily the best vendor we had and made it a breeze.

13/10. He makes us want to get married again.

Sent on 10/27/2018
    SoCal Wedding Music 11

Elizabeth · Married on 10/21/2017

Ryan was perfect for our wedding day! He was flexible with changes during the ceremony and reception and mixed a little live music in here and there. Our guests danced to their hearts content! Thank you for helping make our day special.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Haylee · Married on 10/14/2017

Ryan was such a special addition to our wedding day. We had him perform an acoustic set at our garden cocktail hour and he DJ’d the rest of the evening’s events. We had also asked him to learn our first dance song, which was the most romantic and emotional part of the whole day for me. Our guests didn’t want cocktail hour to end because they were enjoying his set so much. I’ve received so many compliments about him from everyone that was there! He took all of our song requests to heart and then went above and beyond. We literally had to kick people off of the dance floor at the end of the night – no one wanted it to end! Aside from the wedding day, we have seen Ryan play around San Diego at venues. He is always so gracious, kind, and a truly talented performer.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Rez · Married on 10/06/2017

I found Ryan Hiller through an online search for a wedding musician... His reviews were awesome and seemed very sincere, so I decided to give him a call... We had a very nice chat, he was real cool to talk to. Ryan invited my fiancé and I to come to one of his shows at a local Bar/Lounge in Del Mar... We quickly noticed that Ryan is beyond talented... He has such an incredible voice and is an amazing guitarist. We chatted with him and he squeezed in a few wedding songs so we could get a feel for what he can do. He had us teary-eyed instantly...we had found our guy! Ryan was so great throughout the process and even learned a few songs for us. When the wedding day came he honestly blew it out of the water. Ryan made the day so perfect, we were so lucky and proud to have him preform... We had so many guests tell us how great and talented a singer he is, and that he DJ'd the best reception/"dance party" they have been to in a long time. This guy knows what he is doing and he can do it all, from ceremony music through the reception. Ryan was so thoughtful and considerate throughout this process. We would recommend him to anyone and everyone!!! He is the best around, and anyone looking for a wedding musician, would be lucky to have him.

Sent on 10/28/2017

SoCal Wedding Music's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share these kind words Rez! The feeling is totally mutual! You, Shannon, and the rest of your family and friends were an absolute pleasure to play for! Thanks for having me -Ryan

Spring · Married on 07/29/2017

Ryan is so talented! He was also an absolute pleasure to work with. He performed the ceremony music for our wedding and played for our cocktail hour and our guests absolutely loved him. He even learned a song for the recessional of ceremony and performed it perfectly! I was so happy with his performance and his professionalism. Thank you Ryan!

Sent on 08/11/2017

SoCal Wedding Music's reply:

Spring, thank you so much for sharing these kind words! It was an absolute pleasure to play for you!!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/01/2017

I could not have asked for a better performer at my wedding reception than Ryan! His live performance during cocktail hour and dinner was phenomenal, and all of my guests were very impressed with his musical talent. He was also a great DJ when it came time to party, and incorporated my song requests as well as other great dance beats. Ryan was very professional and communicative leading up to and during the event. He is also just a really nice, friendly guy. I would absolutely recommend Ryan for any type of event, and a family friend has already booked him for their wedding next year. I look forward to seeing him perform again!

Sent on 10/27/2017

SoCal Wedding Music's reply:

Hi Whitney, It was an honor to play for you guys! I was so humbled to be a part of such a classy event. Everyone in your group was really great! Thanks again, Ryan