21 Reviews for SoCal Wedding Music

MC (1)
One Event Per Day (1)
Uplighting (1)
21 SoCal Wedding Music Reviews

Where to start...Ryan was amazing! I originally found Ryan thru a wedding website and noticed he had great reviews. After a few email exchanges, I hired Ryan before my husband and I even heard him play live. After we booked him, we finally were able to go out and see him play and we were in awe of his talent! We enjoyed watching him play live so much we attended a couple gigs prior to our wedding. Ryan did acoustic during our ceremony and cocktail hour and then DJ'd our reception; we couldn't be happier with all of his services! If you're looking for a DJ or live musician for any of your events -look no further...hire Ryan!!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 6/15/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Uplighting

Ryan is a very talented and professional musician and entertainer! He performed at my son’s wedding including the ceremony and DJ at the dinner. He helped make the wedding a success and really got the party moving on the dance floor! I would highly recommend Ryan for a wedding or other event you need all types of music. Thanks Ryan..... can’t wait til my next event to hire you again!

Profile Picture Judith, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Ryan was the best performer/DJ we could have asked for for our wedding! We absolutely loved having him perform live during our ceremony and dinner and DJ during cocktail hour and reception. All of our guests were raving about how great he was and we thoroughly enjoyed everything he did! He was great at communicating with me before hand and offering suggestions to make the process as stress free and easy as possible. We would absolutely recommend hiring him for your next event!

Profile Picture Alicia, 5/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

We hired Ryan to play live at our reception on March 10th, 2018. He was also our MC and DJ later in the evening. In a word, Ryan was awesome. When I first met him he put my mind at ease as I could tell he was organized, professional, and a really talented musician. He’s an all around good guy too and willing to be as helpful as possible in planning a great event for you. Additionally, he’s very responsive via email or phone and always mindful about being available to help answer any questions you may have regarding your event. My friends and family really enjoyed listening to him play live at our reception. I’d highly recommend Ryan if you need any entertainment for your wedding ceremony or reception.

Richard P.

Profile Picture Richard , 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ, Entertainer

Ryan was perfect for our wedding day! He was flexible with changes during the ceremony and reception and mixed a little live music in here and there. Our guests danced to their hearts content! Thank you for helping make our day special.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Ryan was such a special addition to our wedding day. We had him perform an acoustic set at our garden cocktail hour and he DJ’d the rest of the evening’s events. We had also asked him to learn our first dance song, which was the most romantic and emotional part of the whole day for me. Our guests didn’t want cocktail hour to end because they were enjoying his set so much. I’ve received so many compliments about him from everyone that was there! He took all of our song requests to heart and then went above and beyond. We literally had to kick people off of the dance floor at the end of the night – no one wanted it to end! Aside from the wedding day, we have seen Ryan play around San Diego at venues. He is always so gracious, kind, and a truly talented performer.

Profile Picture Haylee, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

I found Ryan Hiller through an online search for a wedding musician... His reviews were awesome and seemed very sincere, so I decided to give him a call... We had a very nice chat, he was real cool to talk to. Ryan invited my fiancé and I to come to one of his shows at a local Bar/Lounge in Del Mar... We quickly noticed that Ryan is beyond talented... He has such an incredible voice and is an amazing guitarist. We chatted with him and he squeezed in a few wedding songs so we could get a feel for what he can do. He had us teary-eyed instantly...we had found our guy! Ryan was so great throughout the process and even learned a few songs for us. When the wedding day came he honestly blew it out of the water. Ryan made the day so perfect, we were so lucky and proud to have him preform... We had so many guests tell us how great and talented a singer he is, and that he DJ'd the best reception/"dance party" they have been to in a long time. This guy knows what he is doing and he can do it all, from ceremony music through the reception. Ryan was so thoughtful and considerate throughout this process. We would recommend him to anyone and everyone!!! He is the best around, and anyone looking for a wedding musician, would be lucky to have him.

Profile Picture Rez, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

Ryan is so talented! He was also an absolute pleasure to work with. He performed the ceremony music for our wedding and played for our cocktail hour and our guests absolutely loved him. He even learned a song for the recessional of ceremony and performed it perfectly! I was so happy with his performance and his professionalism. Thank you Ryan!

Profile Picture Spring, 7/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I could not have asked for a better performer at my wedding reception than Ryan! His live performance during cocktail hour and dinner was phenomenal, and all of my guests were very impressed with his musical talent. He was also a great DJ when it came time to party, and incorporated my song requests as well as other great dance beats. Ryan was very professional and communicative leading up to and during the event. He is also just a really nice, friendly guy. I would absolutely recommend Ryan for any type of event, and a family friend has already booked him for their wedding next year. I look forward to seeing him perform again!

Profile Picture Whitney, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer

Ryan was awesome. His acoustic music and voice we both amazing. During the reception he was super interactive with everyone there. Took requests, as weird as they may be, and did a great job. We couldn't have asked for a better person to help make our day great. Thank you Ryan!

Profile Picture Brett, 6/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We had a terrific experience with Ryan. He played and DJ'd our wedding in June. The first time I called Ryan, we spoke for a half hour, and he patiently answered my questions, inquired about our preferences, and discussed his background in music and the wedding business. He encouraged my wife and I to come to one of his shows so we could see if he would be a good fit for us. We drove down to San Diego one weekend and saw him play. He is a truly gifted musician and his style was a great fit for us. By the time he finished the second song we knew we wanted him to play our wedding. Ryan is also a genuinely good guy. On his set breaks during that show, he came over and sat with us to get to know us better. In the months leading up to the wedding, we spoke several times on the phone and he was always responsive to questions and requests. We gave him a short list of songs we wanted him to play, but we left a good deal to his discretion, because we trusted his taste in music and his familiarity with our tastes. He did not let us down. Both his live music and DJ'ing during the wedding were excellent. We received several compliments from our guests on his performance. Ryan is both an incredible musician and a professional wedding vendor and, in our experience, that's not easy to find. He has our highest recommendation.

Profile Picture A, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Ryan Hiller is amazing. He was the first vendor I contracted because I was so worried he would get booked by another bride... I HAD to have him play at our wedding! Just go listen to his songs on his website… : ) Ryan sang and played his guitar for our ceremony/cocktail hour and then switched gears and DJ'ed our reception… Guests were blown away with how talented he was and stayed on the dance floor until the very end. My husband and I couldn't be happier with how everything went and we highly recommend him : )

Profile Picture Carlie, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

After contacting Ryan to inquire about playing at our wedding, my husband and I went to listen to him play live and we knew immediately that we wanted to hire him for our wedding! Not only is he a very talented musician and DJ, but he was so easy to work with, he listened and gave great recommendations, and knew exactly how to capture the crowd! He really can do it all and our guests loved him! Without a doubt, the best decision we made was hiring Ryan! You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Randi, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

If you're looking to create an intimate atmosphere for your guests, Ryan is the perfect musician to do just that. He is not only a skilled DJ but a very talented musician and he utilized both talents to set the perfect tone for our wedding. Perhaps one of the most special moments that my husband and I will cherish forever is dancing to Ryan's live rendition of our first dance song, "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. Even during the event, we had many guests come up to us and tell us how much they were enjoying the music and how it created the perfect atmosphere for the overall vibe of our romantic, rustic event. Ryan truly cares about his clients and even offered to meet with my husband and me months before our big day to make sure we had all of our questions answered. He also fielded many email exchanges leading up to the event. Overall we couldn't have asked for a better vendor to work with in executing our wedding day. We hope to attend one of Ryan's local gigs in the future.

Profile Picture Shawna, 1/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

I am so grateful I found Ryan of SoCal Wedding via a basic google search. Once I read the remarkable reviews, I knew he was someone for us to consider for our wedding. It was great to have the chance to see him in action at a local venue and then to spend some time talking with him. We immediately knew we were all on the same page regarding how our music program would work and what type of genres we wanted. Ryan is not only a remarkable musician but a lovely young man who communicates clearly and effectively. I just returned from a family reunion where all of the people were at our wedding and the primary topic of conversation was how great Ryan and the music was! Ryan helped make our wedding day so memorable. If given an opportunity, I would hire him in a flash and I have no hesitation in recommending him for any kind of function. Thank you Ryan for contributing such a big piece to our very special day! All the best to you and your family.

Photo for SoCal Wedding Music Review - Ryan doing his thing!
Profile Picture Nataline, 6/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

After hearing Ryan play a live show, we were sold on having him perform at our wedding (9/26/15). After meeting with him and his lovely wife Nicole, we hired them and selected the Trestles package for our big day. Ryan and his wife Nicole were extremely easy and pleasant to work with from start to finish. Ryan even helped us complete our song list and gave some great suggestions. With only a weeks notice, we requested a song for my Bride's entrance that Ryan didn't happen to play. It was no problem for this pro and he absolutely mastered it in time for our wedding, making it one of the most memorable moments for me personally. Ryan performed during our cocktail hour and then transitioned to DJ for the reception. Trust me when I saw that Ryan is equally as good at DJ'ing/MC'ing as he is on vocals and the guitar. Working off our timeline, Ryan seamlessly transitioned from one event and song to the other. Ryan & Nicole were amazing and such an intricate part of our day. Make planning your wedding a little less stressful and hire So-Cal Wedding Music.

Profile Picture Jon, 9/26/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

So Cal Wedding Music was a great addition to our wedding day! Ryan Hiller sang at our Ceremony and Cocktail Hour! He was perfect and added to our personal touch to the wedding! He sang all the songs we requested. He then was the DJ for our reception and made the dinner into dancing flow perfectly! He was so easy to work with. He also plays around San Diego and is a great entertainer!

Profile Picture Alysha, 9/20/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

We had the pleasure of having Ryan play for our wedding ceremony and I HIGHLY recommend him if you are looking for good music to set the tone of your wedding! I booked Ryan a year before my wedding and throughout that time he was very responsive to emails and phone calls. He was very helpful with ideas and right before the wedding gave me some professional advice about song choices that made the ceremony better. Ryan played beautifully at our ceremony, I wish I was there to see firsthand but I was able to listen to him a little as I was waiting for my walk down the aisle and it sounded so good! We can't thank Ryan enough for all his hard work that made our wedding day perfect!!

Profile Picture Tania, 5/3/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Ryan was amazing and so talanted!! He was such a pleasure to work with and answered all of my many questions very quickly. We asked him to play our ceremony live and he was nice enough to play a few live songs during dinner as well! He was a huge hit - our guests loved him and one of my favorite memories of our wedding was everyone singing along with Ryan playing “My Girl” during dinner. His DJ skills are awesome too, he had everyone on the dance floor!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Ryan came highly recommended by our wedding coordinator, and he was exactly what we wanted for our rustic winery outdoor wedding! He was able to do an acoustic set for the wedding ceremony (he even learned how to play a new song for my special walk down the aisle!), play recorded songs for our ceremony exit into cocktail hour, switch back to acoustic songs for dinner, and got the party going for the reception dancing! Our Best Man mentioned a story about a Color Me Badd concert (if you don't know who CMB is, you were probably born after 1990...just google them. You're welcome.) in his speech and then 5 minutes later, Ryan was playing one of their songs and got all of our friends on the dance floor! Nailed it Ryan!

We planned our SD wedding from out of state, and Ryan was awesome with email and phone calls to help us pull all of the details together! (even though his wife just had their first baby a couple of months before our wedding!) Ryan was also extremely familiar with the pre-existing audio setup at our venue (Bernardo Winery) which alleviated any concern I may have had with any other DJ.

Ryan is an incredible musician, and we are so glad we chose to splurge on his talents. There are a ton of local DJ's to choose from, but to have Ryan there really fit perfectly with our venue and the tone we wanted for our special day. Our guests couldn't stop complimenting us on what a fabulous musician we had at our wedding! Ryan has a way of taking classic songs that everyone knows and puts his own twist on them, giving them his own sound. Such a cool addition to our amazing day.

Thank you for everything Ryan!

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/17/16, 3 Reviews