Smyth Jewelers Reviews

Smyth Jewelers 1
  • Jenna

Jenna · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Good customer service with Lily

After hearing some not so great things, we window shopped for a ring here anyways because it’s nearby, and my now fiancé really liked the employee Lily. She was way different than how all the other employees are described on reviews. She was kind and helpful, not judging us or pushing a sale. Definitely recommend smyths for Lily specifically!

Sent on 12/12/2018
    Smyth Jewelers 2

Ashley · Married on 03/23/2019

We purchased the setting from Smyth year ago so the center stone wasn't put in until last month. And resized beautifully a free weeks ago! Wouldn't go anywhere else.

Sent on 09/26/2017

Brittney · Married on 09/01/2018

Smyth is awesome! I never really gave my fiancé an idea of the kind of ring I wanted and always told him to take back up with him if he went to pick out engagement rings. Well, he went rogue(he didn't want anyone to know he was proposing so they would be just as shocked as me)! Lily from Smyth helped him pick out the perfect ring for me....it's beautiful and fits my personality perfectly. Lily asked my fiancé every detail about me, made him pull up pictures, the whole nine yards to get a good idea of what I might like and together they nailed it. The ring size was slightly bigger than I needed and Smyth took it that day with no appointment.

Sent on 08/12/2017

Alyssa · Married on 04/08/2017

We had an amazing experience with Smyth. Brian is awesome and helped us find perfect wedding bands !

Sent on 02/21/2017

Ginger · Married on 04/01/2017

Great store with professional, knowledgeable staff, and top notch customer service. They helped us to find our style and worked with us and our budget to pin down the perfect engagement ring. When it came to wedding bands I struggled. Ordered one and then changed my mind after it was custom made and delivered. They didn't give a second thought to exchange it for something that better suited me. Nick Lawson is wonderful.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Smyth Jewelers's reply:

Ginger, thanks so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy you found an engagement ring you love and we look forward to seeing you again soon to choose your wedding bands!
  • Catie

Catie · Married on 10/14/2016

my fiance and i got my engagement ring from Smythe's. they treated us great from the second we walked in. they made sure we had champagne while we walked around and discussed what we wanted. once we found one that i fell in love with they made sure to work with us to set up a payment plan and get the ring in our budget. we had a great experience and i would definitely recommend them. we will be returning to get our wedding bands there.

Sent on 11/21/2015

Smyth Jewelers's reply:

Catie, thanks so much for your glowing review. Congratulations on your engagement and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Nichol · Married on 08/06/2016

Very helpful with finding a wedding band to match my engagement ring. They are personable and willing to help find the perfect band for husband and wife. Great quality - get compliments all the time for how shiny it stays between cleaning.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Smyth Jewelers's reply:

Thanks for the wonderful review, Nichol! We’re glad to hear you had such a positive experience with us.

Emily · Married on 07/30/2016

I can't say enough about this vendor. They are amazing. My wedding band had a couple issues, at first the band was not a smooth finish and they re-ordered it. The following time the diamonds came back and were bigger than I expected, they took both the engagement ring and wedding and sent it back to the vendor to match it perfectly. They made sure I had it before the wedding.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Smyth Jewelers's reply:

Thank you for the glowing review! We hope to have you back in the store soon.

Kelsey · Married on 06/26/2016

My fiancé and I had a wonderful experience at Smyth Jewelers purchasing my engagement ring. We got a great deal on an estate diamond, and our consultant, Kim, was amazing at helping me figure out exactly what I wanted and making the most of our budget. We ended up with the perfect ring at the perfect price - but it gets better. When the ring came in, we got a call that Smyth wasn't happy with the construction of the mounting, so they were having it remade. In the meantime, they allowed me to wear the first version so that I could finally show off the ring to my family for the holidays. The new version of the setting came in today, and they managed to have it resized (the first setting turned out a little too loose for my liking) and and reset in the same day. We were so thrilled with the service that we went ahead and got our wedding bands from Smyth as well, and I have no doubt that they'll be just as perfect as the engagement ring turned out.

Sent on 12/27/2015

Smyth Jewelers's reply:

Thank you for the great review. We were so glad to be part of your special day.
  • Baltimore Bride

Ashley · Married on 05/20/2016

Smyth is always wonderful every time we have ever made a purchase, so I am not surprised that they were great to my fiancé when he went in to pick my engagement ring! He explained that they took the time and went through the whole process of letting him pick the band and the diamond so he got just what he wanted, and I could not be happier, or more surprised that he proposed on Christmas morning!

After getting my ring I thought I had done something to my ring and took it into Smyth to be looked at and they inspected it and cleaned it and let me know everything was fine, all while waiting in the store within 20 minutes. Great customer service and simply great people working for them. They never pressure you and are always welcoming!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Smyth Jewelers's reply:

Ashley, thank you for your kind words and congratulations on your engagement!

Caitlin · Married on 11/07/2015

We worked with Josh for my engagement ring and it was the PERFECT experience. While my role was minimal... I was only around for giving my FH some details about what I would love in my ideal ring... Josh listened and made him feel very comfortable throughout the whole buying process. The ring is to die for!! I LOVE it!! I did need to have it re-sized and he made that happen in 24hrs. He also was able to prepare the insurance paperwork for us quickly as well. It was just perfect.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Smyth Jewelers's reply:

"We're thrilled for you and your fiancé. Congratulations on your engagement and thank you for sharing your experience!"

My fiance and I had a great experience purchasing my engagement ring and both of our wedding bands at Smyth, The customer service is great. Every time we walk in we are greeted and helped immediately. The process of picking out and purchasing jewelery was quick and painless, but not rushed by any means. We are so happy with our purchases and the quality of the jewelry is top knotch. I am in love with my rings and catch myself staring at them multiple times a day :) Would definitely recommend this store to any couple getting engaged/married.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Smyth Jewelers's reply:

Congratulations on your engagement! We're so happy you love your ring, and thank you for taking the time to review our services!
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 10/11/2015

My engagement ring was custom designed at Smyths and we purchased our wedding bands there as well. We could not have been happier with everything. They're so professional and the engraving is the best.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Smyth Jewelers's reply:

Thank you very much for your review, we're so glad we could be a part of your engagement!

Carolyn · Married on 10/03/2015

After considering a few other options, my fiancé decided to purchase my engagement ring from Smyth's because of their strong reputation in the Baltimore area. After receiving my ring, I went in to have it resized and everyone there was incredibly helpful. They were even willing to decrease the turnaround time since I wasn't from the area which was much appreciated! I will definitely consider returning for our wedding bands and other future jewelry purchases.

Sent on 04/08/2015

Hi Carolyn,
    Thank you for your great review! We are so glad that we were able to meet and exceed expectations. We hope to see you again soon and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

My fiance bought the best engagement ring for me from Smyth. Better than anything I could have imagined.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Smyth Jewelers's reply:

We're so happy you love your ring!! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us!

Ashley · Married on 09/05/2015

My boyfriend and I came into Smyth's on a whim since we were at the Sonic across the street and saw it was still open. I was always curious to see what they carried, but I didn't really expect much. They greeted us with water bottles, and Kathy took us on as clients. She helped us look at their numerous engagement rings, including Tacori, A. Jaffe, and many more. When we didn't find one that we liked, we asked her about possibly custom designing our ring. As it turns out, Kathy is an artist, so she totally understands and even draws out exactly what we're trying to describe. We're still working with Kathy and Smyth's Jewelers to finalize what we know will be the perfect engagement ring and wedding bands, and we can't wait for the finished product. Before we went to Smyth's, we were only thinking about finding a piece of jewelry; after going to Smyth's, we felt so confident that things were going in the right direction that we told our families we are getting married and started planning the wedding! We could not have had a better, warmer experience anywhere else!!

Sent on 07/19/2014

Smyth Jewelers's reply:

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience, and for stopping in to visit our store. We hope to see you again soon and are thrilled to be helping you with your engagement ring!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 07/11/2015

We love Smyth! We brought in an antique diamond to re-set for my engagement ring. They staff welcomed this challenge and offered numerous ideas to help make the ring absolutely perfect. I seriously couldn't ask for a more beautiful ring to cherish forever. Now, we can't wait to head back to pick out our wedding bands!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Smyth Jewelers's reply:

Thank you, Sarah. We're so pleased you came to visit us and look forward to helping you with your wedding bands!

Lindsey · Married on 07/10/2015

Smyth was great! I loved the fact that they are Maryland born and based! Everyone we worked with was so helpful and whenever I go in they always clean my ring and make it sparkle! They were very accommodating to my fiance as well! They have a great selection!!!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/27/2015

We got our wedding bands here. Friendly and professional staff. My husband loves his band! Great quality. I wanted something different for my wedding band. They helped me out a lot and created the perfect band. It looks so much better than I ever thought-getting lots of compliments! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Emily · Married on 05/23/2015

Rob Sobczak was so much fun to work with. Him and my fiance had a lot of fun designing the engagement ring and I am sure Rob had a lot of influence on it because it is BEAUTIFUL. Since it was custom made I had no idea what to get for the wedding band but of course Rob was there to provide assistance. I ended up going with an estate ring that Smyth had on hand that Rob suggested and it is perfect!

Sent on 06/10/2015

You can't go wrong with smyth. The people that work there are great and the jewelry is beautiful. My prongs came loose on my engagement ring and they fixed it timely with no charge. They also will clean your jewelry and check the prongs whenever you want!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Diane · Married on 10/12/2014

Brian at Smyth was fabulous. He was with us every step of the way. He helped my husband pick out my engagement ring and was the only one that never pushed him and never tried to sell him something that he didnt want. he also helped us pick out our wedding bands also. He was so patient while my husband tried on almost 20 different rings because he had no idea what he wanted. Now everytime i go in, i only work with Brian and he knows me by name. Its wonderful

Sent on 09/21/2008

Chelsa · Married on 10/11/2014

I purchased my fiance wedding ring from this jeweler. The sales woman was very knowledgeable about the metals and made an excellent suggestion. I ultimately chose a 6mm white gold band that is gorgeous. I highly recommend this jeweler and their services!

Sent on 04/12/2014
  • User3819327 · 2+ years ago

Greg McMahon at Smyth Jewelers earned this 5 star review! Greg actually listened to our needs and budget. He presented various ways to meet those needs and helped us think through options we had not even considered. He never made us feel rushed or that we weren't important due to our limited budget. It was clear that he loves what he does and he really enjoyed showing us the various ring options. We also enjoyed that we got to enjoy a bit of alcohol, cookies and popcorn during our visit! In the end, it felt like a team effort and we walked away with a beautiful engagement ring and wedding bands. Before the wedding, I stopped by to have the ring cleaned and Greg made sure that everything was perfect. If you are in the market for an engagement ring, call ahead and see if Greg is available to help you find the perfect ring.

Sent on 10/11/2014