SMT Music Reviews

31 | Louisville, KY

31 Reviews for SMT Music

Marjorie · Getting married on 06/11/2021

Top-Notch Musicians and Professionals

We hired Steve and his colleagues to play the processional and recessional at our wedding, plus 30 minutes of pre-wedding background music and an hour during the cocktail reception immediately following the wedding. As a general comment, they sounded absolutely beautiful and they played exactly the right mix of songs at exactly the right tempo and volume to enhance, but not overwhelm, the spaces that they were playing in. But more specifically, they did two stunningly gorgeous renditions of pop songs that we requested for the processional (God Only Knows by the Beach Boys) and recessional (Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns & Roses).

I spent hours scouring the internet for a recording of "Sweet Child" that I liked, and they all sounded shrill or off key - even the rendition by Vitamin String Quartet sounded off. I was nervous that the song would be a disappointment, but I was absolutely blown away when Steve and his ensemble started to play as we walked down the aisle out of the church. I was hoping for a "decent" rendition of the song at most, but Steve's ensemble played it PERFECTLY. It was the second happiest moment of the entire wedding for me (the first being the actual marriage!).

On top of their incredible talent, Steve is extremely organized, responsive and professional. He made it so easy for us to figure out what we wanted, and then he followed up with us continuously to keep everything on track. I couldn't be happier with our choice to hire Steve for our wedding, and I would absolutely hire him again. Thank you, Steve!

Sent on 12/06/2019
  • Cullen

Cullen Hornaday · Getting married on 06/11/2021

Highest marks for SMT Music at the church and the reception

We couldn't have been happier with the string quartet who played for our daughter's wedding ceremony and reception. Both the musical selection and performance were exceptional and the musicians skillfully covered the gap when there was a delay in starting the ceremony. SMT Music offers a website with samples of a wide variety of wedding music which makes it easy to choose. Steve is very responsive to questions and great to work with. His group is prompt and professional and personable too. We give them our highest recommendation.

Sent on 12/06/2019

Hi Cullen,
    Thanks for your kind remarks. It was a pleasure being part of Marjorie and Michael's wedding.

Best,
    Steve
  • Taylor

Taylor Maxson Hobbs · Married on 09/09/2020

Above and beyond - highly recommend!!

Steve and his team were great to work with. Steve was always very responsive and helpful with any decisions we needed to make with our music and just in general throughout the whole process. He and his team are extremely experienced and do a great job! We would highly recommend SMT Music!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Amanda Kay Benninger · Married on 07/13/2019

Beautiful ceremony music!

We loved working with SMT. They were wonderful, very quick to respond, and reasonably priced.

Sent on 09/03/2019

SMT Music's reply:

Thanks Amanda ! It was great working with you.
    I appreciate the nice review.
    Best Wishes,
    Steve Taylor
    SMT Music

Connie · Married on 06/01/2019

The most beautiful wedding music I've heard

My daughter recently got married. SMT provided the wedding music and at the cocktail reception. It was the most beautiful music that I have ever heard. The processional was absolutely wonderful. We used the bridal march by Vincente Avella. SMT added in strings and it was so beautiful .
    I had so many compliments from my guests. I would highly recommend SMT music for events. I will certainly contact again.

Sent on 06/04/2019

SMT Music's reply:

Hi Connie, we really enjoyed playing for your daughter’s wedding. Appreciate your kind remarks.
    Best wishes,
    Steve Taylor
    SMT Music

Chris Thompson · Married on 10/14/2018

Fantastic Trio

Steve was fantastic from start to finish; he was very informative on the phone and email; he met us at the wedding site weeks before the wedding to plan/prepare and make sure everything would go well; and that we would have the songs we like. He brought a fantastic trio to the wedding, arrived early to set up and played beautifully for the pre-ceremony, during ceremony and afterwards. Everybody was thoroughly impressed with the performance and we were thrilled as the bride and groom. It took the entire wedding to another level. They were expert performers; we couldn't more highly recommend. Also, the cost was very reasonable and well worth it. Fantastic.

Sent on 01/29/2019

Kathy · Married on 06/09/2018

We had SMT Music play for our daughter's wedding and they were splendid! Steve was very good to work with and very responsive and helpful. They were very professional and prompt and the music was amazing! Many guests commented on how beautiful they sounded. Also, SMT music is located in Louisville and the wedding was in Franklin, IN. Steve was willing to get a group together for us in Franklin and was also willing to drive to the venue to be able to play with the group at my request. Very happy with my decision to use Steve Taylor and SMT Music.

Sent on 06/20/2018

Shelby · Married on 03/03/2018

I really recommend SMT Music!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Sharon · Married on 12/15/2017

Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries was pleased to work with SMT Music this year for the first time for our corporate holiday luncheon. The musicianship was outstanding; the group very professional; and the performance was very well received by our guests. Our thanks to SMT Music for making our 2017 event a success!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Nicole · Married on 11/04/2017

I was very pleased with the quality and professionalism we received! Steve was very prompt and responsive in all exchanges, and was very helpful in guiding me and helping me to navigate the music I chose.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Alden · Married on 11/04/2017

I hired SMT music for my wedding in November. I was never able to meet with him due to me being an out of town bride. He literally made my music dreams come true. I honestly think it was the best part of my wedding and I had so many compliments.

He was so responsive and worked with me to make my music perfect. I chose some untraditional pieces and he even made a special arrangement for me of one of my favorite compositions. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/12/2018

Caroline · Married on 10/21/2017

My experience was great! They were very organized and quickly to respond to all emails and or questions. Great website with a lot of ideas and samples of music!

Marlene · Married on 09/04/2017

Steve Taylor of SMT Music played so beautifully, along with the other members of his quartet for our daughter's wedding recently. He was fabulous at communicating and offering a list of all types of music to our daughter and her fiancé. He so graciously arranged for someone to play at the Rehearsal Dinner too. A big thank you goes out to our friend that recommended him since he played at their daughter's wedding, as well.

Conley · Married on 08/05/2017

The music was beautiful. Also very easy to work with. I completely reccomend!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Lara · Married on 06/10/2017

We are so glad we chose to work with Steve for our wedding. The quartet played outside during the ceremony and cocktail reception and really added something special to the event. Steve was fantastic to work with throughout the entire process. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Andrea · Married on 05/05/2017

SMT music was absolutely phenomenal. I was able to be as detailed as I wanted with the music selection and our ceremony was so personalized and special because of that. Steve was exceptional to work with, very responsive and of course friendly. I was married in May and a friend of mine just had the wonderful group for her ceremony this past weekend. They were truly a blessing and an irreplaceable part of my wedding day. I can't say enough about their service and performance.

Sent on 11/11/2017

Kristen · Married on 07/22/2016

If you're looking for a quartet in Louisville or the surrounding area, seriously don't look any further than SMT. Stephen is great at what he does, and he is not only professional but he goes above and beyond for his clients. It was always my dream to have my grandpa (who is 85+) sing and play guitar at my wedding, and Stephen made it come to life and had the quartet accompany him while he sang. He even practiced with my grandpa before the wedding. I was looking for a quartet that wasn't just classical, but could play an array of music, which is what SMT can and will do! I guarantee no matter what you're looking for, you won't be able to find a better deal/ group to work with.

John · Married on 06/04/2016

It is indeed a pleasure to provide a review of SMT Music (smtmusic.net). Steve was the music director for my daughter’s recent wedding. Consequently, he and his troupe of talented musicians and vocalists created an aura of magic before, during and after the ceremony. Throughout our 10-month planning process, Steve was consistently accessible and collaborative, responsive to special requests and offered suggestions that fit the style and theme of my daughter’s classic wedding. He coordinated arrangements directly with the church organist and pianist (the church’s historic pipe organ access is limited to the church organist), briefed his team on our exact requests, and worked with the sound engineers to deliver the perfect musical program. In fact, we received more positive comments regarding the music than we did of the bride and groom. Your decision to hire SMT Music for a wedding or other ceremony/event will certainly result in special, memorable moments. Steve’s dedication, service and talent is unparalleled.

Sent on 11/14/2017

We can not say enough about how fortunate we were to have found SMT music for our ceremony. The service provided was so very professional and Stephen kept us informed with incredible and communication and prompt responses to our questions and requests. I would definitely recommend adding vocalists to your package, as they were simply amazing. If you want your wedding to go from great to WOW! book this vendor!

Sent on 01/25/2015

Ryan&Jane · Married on 08/11/2012

SMT did a fantastic job with our ceremony music. they were so professional in apppearance and sound, they even learned a special song that I had dreamed of walking down the aisle to. Thank you so much for helping our perfect day be even more special!

Ryan & Jane

Sent on 09/23/2012

Jackie · Married on 05/12/2012

Mr. Steve Taylor and the musicians and vocalists he provided for our son's wedding that past weekend were phenomenal. We had countless compliments on the beautiful music; it was the most breathtaking detail of the wedding ceremony. Ms. Kathy Jordan and Mr. Dennis Roberts were an exquisite duo on vocals, sounding as though they'd been singing together for years (my understanding was that in fact that was their first day singing together). The strings, the trumpet, the vocalists were all wonderful. Mr. Taylor was the consummate professional, giving advice on music selections as well as providing the arrangements for several of the pieces selected. They were simply amazing! Would highly recommend SMT Music, Mr. Steve Taylor and the ensemble he provided for any event you're having that you want to be memorable.

Sent on 05/15/2012

Kaelin · Married on 08/27/2011

SMT Music was great to work with. Stephen answered my emails promptly, sent samples of the music and helped with the selections of the ceremony. All the musicians and singers were very professional and on time. The duet was exquisite and brought tears to everyone that attended. I would highly recommend them for anyone wanting to make their wedding ceremony an event to remember.
    Kaelin J

Sent on 10/05/2011
  • Sherri

Sherri · Married on 05/21/2011

Could not have been happier to have found Steve Taylor and SMT Music! My daughter's wedding had a bit of a "theme" around it and Steve worked very hard to find the music for the pieces for the quartet to play as well as even writing one of the pieces so she could walk down the aisle to her song!

They were professional, on time and I cannot say enough good things about them. We were fortunate to have good vendors but this was the one vendor that all our guests commented on. Everyone commented on the music. Who are they? Young, old, didn't matter, I guess about 80% of our guests commented on them. They truly helped to enrich the beauty of the wedding.

I would definitely recommend them to anyone as well as use them again when the need arises!

Sent on 06/03/2011

Theresa · Married on 12/06/2008

This is a great company to work with. Very nice and helpful. Sample CD's were sent directly to my house; I didn't have to travel anywhere once. It was the easiest part of planning the wedding. They really offer a huge variety of music. Steve's experiance and knowledge helped us narrow the list down to a handful of appropriate bands. When we found a couple bands we liked on the CD's Steve told us when and where they would be playing locally. it was really fun. At the wedding everyone commented on how good the live band was & how it was nice to not have a DJ. And, I was really impressed with the prices.

Sent on 02/23/2009

Janevera · Married on 10/04/2008

SMT Music was the icing on the cake. Their services made both of our daughter's weddings jump from wonderful to exceptional. The musicians and vocalists were all superior. The musical selections were all gorgeous making it difficult to narrow down. The quality added so much to the weddings I really do not have the words to say.

Mr. Taylor was always very responsive to our needs and questions. Our daughters married 28 days apart and had large Catholic weddings. We had changes along the way in which he was very helpful and accommodating and somehow both weddings went off without a hitch!

He so professionally helped us create the wedding of their dreams. The musicians and vocalist were timely, flexible, pleasant, and musically gifted. This group makes professionalism the rule not the exception.

The cost of this service is one you do want to afford. The value is more than the cost.

Flexibility.......I always felt as our needs and dreams were their goal.

I highly recommend SMT Music and would never be able to express how much their services added to our girl's weddings. A C.D. is available and occasionally I still listen to it in my car and remember the two most precious days of our children's life.

Sent on 02/23/2009