Smoke in the Hills BBQ Reviews

Smoke in the Hills BBQ 3
Smoke in the Hills BBQ 4
  • Kilee

Kilee Overley · Getting married on 04/09/2021

The BEST in the Hill Country!

I have been a fan of Smoke in the Hills from previous weddings and events I've attended. When it came down to choosing a caterer for my own wedding there was no doubt that I would be reaching out to them. They are a professional, family owned business whose overall goal is to please the Bride and Groom. Not only do they offer a variety of delicious food but their pricing is reasonable and service is outstanding! They also catered my rehearsal dinner the night before. They are by far my favorite local catering service!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Anna

Anna Haskins · Getting married on 07/18/2020

Great day!

Perfect place made for a perfect wedding.

Sent on 12/26/2018
  • Trista

Trista Burd · Married on 04/13/2019

Great service!

Smoke in the Hills provided catering for our April 13th wedding. They did a fabulous job! Our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was! I would definitely recommend them again to anyone!

Sent on 05/03/2019

Abby Catchings · Married on 03/30/2019

Highly recommend!

Smoke in the hills was truly an amazing vendor to work with. I never had to worry whether or not everything was in place and ready to go for the wedding. Kelly, the owner, was extremely responsive and was always very helpful. We had some changes to our venue the day of, and they happily adjusted their plans to meet our needs! I can’t say enough good things about this company! They have “service” aced!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 11/03/2018

Fantastic value, service and food!

We had Smoke In the Hills cater our outdoor wedding with cocktail hour appetizers and a buffet dinner. We were able to sample everything and pick our menu ahead of time. The food is delicious and priced well. The service at the wedding was seamless and professional. Fast server line, great table bussing and clean up. They were so sweet and had the sweetheart table filled up with our plates the moment we got to the reception for dinner after the cocktail hour photos. They also left us plenty of packaged leftovers, which we appreciated. I would definitely hire again!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Smoke in the Hills BBQ's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day! Congratulations and blessings to you both!!

Becky Teller · Married on 10/27/2018

Absolutely Perfect

Their organization and professionalism made working long distance with them so simple. The Brisket and Chicken was so delicious that guests were going back for more. The guests were also asking for more of the sausage appetizers and the caviar. Smoke in the Hills BBQ is the only caterer I will use in the Boerne area.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Corilynn · Married on 10/27/2018

The best bbq!

They are such great people and we’re so helpful. They even allowed us to do a spur of the moment tasting! The food and service the day of was impeccable.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Katie · Married on 06/16/2018

We tried their food at the bridal extravaganza and met with Kelly to set up a tasting. We went out to the tasting room and decided to have them cater our wedding. The BBQ and service on the day of our wedding was better than we could have hoped. Many of our guest commented on how great the food was and how sweet they were. Thank you!!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Smoke in the Hills BBQ's reply:

Thanks so much! We loved being a part of your special day!!
    Kelly

Keren · Married on 06/16/2018

THE BEST! The best food, the best people, the best service. These people know what they are doing and they do it WELL. They are an amazing value and so much is included in the price. The food was hot, tasty, and everyone loved it! The service from start to finish was consistent and professional, and they are just the sweetest. Look no further for your wedding here!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Keren,
    Thanks so much! We loved being a part of your wedding day!!!
    Kelly
  • F

Felipe · event on: 05/11/2018

The food was delicious. Everyone loved it. Especially the brisket. They worked with me to make sure everything was covered and I had plenty of food for everyone.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Melissa · Married on 03/10/2018

Smoke N the hills BBQ was perfect! Service was awesome, the staff were amazing and I couldn’t be more happy with the food!
    Thank you!!

Sent on 03/13/2018

Smoke in the Hills BBQ's reply:

Thanks so much. We loved being a part of your wedding day!!

Barbara · event on: 03/07/2018

The Smoke in the Hills team is always a pleasure to work with each and every time. We have used them on numerous occasions and they have never let us down! Kelly and Brad are not only wonderful as business owners but are amazing people, Thank you for another stellar event!

Sent on 03/13/2018

Lisa · Married on 02/24/2018

We love the folks at Smoke in the Hills BBQ! We hired them recently for a family members wedding and also refer them to our guests at Camp Comfort B&B whenever they need top quality catering and excellent service. As a venue owner, we know what it takes to plan an event and hiring Smoke in the Hills BBQ makes every event perfect!

Sent on 02/28/2018

Smoke in the Hills BBQ's reply:

Thanks so much Lisa! We love working at Camp Comfort!!

Jackie · Married on 02/24/2018

We absolutely love Kelly, Brad, family and crew! I first met kelly when I had them cater my sons wedding last year. A few months ago I placed a smaller order for my DIL’s baby shower, and just last weekend they catered my Daughter’s wedding! I literally messaged Kelly a week before the wedding and asked if there was any way possible because I knew it was very late notice.. she said they had 2 other weddings that evening, but they would be able to cater our wedding as well! That is service! Not only is the food always delicious! But what keeps me going back to them is that they are just great people! Very family oriented.. always on time, Great service ! They are just all around wonderful and good people! And the food really is amazing!
    ~Mother of the Bride~

Smoke in the Hills BBQ 5
    Smoke in the Hills BBQ 6
    Sent on 03/01/2018

Smoke in the Hills BBQ's reply:

Thanks so much Jackie! We love being a part of your families special events!!

Diane · Married on 02/10/2018

Smoke in the Hills BBQ catered our recent event and did an amazing job. They were very professional to work with, from initially helping with food selections to the service on the day of the event. The brisket and pulled pork received many compliments... it was melt in your mouth delicious, along with the very tasty appetizers ( everyone loved the Jalapeño popper dip & the sweet and sour meatballs) We have nothing but good things to say about this family owned business. If you are looking for a professional team to cater your next event look no further than Smoke in the Hills BBQ... you will NOT be disappointed.!

Sent on 02/16/2018

Deborah · event on: 01/28/2018

Professionalism, experienced, accomodating,
    detailed, efficient, friendly & the food was excellent!
    Would highly recommend!

Sent on 01/29/2018

Analissa · Married on 01/27/2018

Kelly and her family were absolutely AMAZING! I sampled their food at a Bridal Expo in June 2017 and after scheduling a few caterer tastings, it was clear I wanted to go with Smoke in the Hills BBQ! Even though our wedding was in San Antonio, their prices were FAR MORE affordable than any local caterer I found, even with a delivery fee. I HIGHLY recommend the chicken, my guests would not stop raving about how delicious the chicken was! On top of having fantastic food (their potatoes are delicious!), their service was top notch. Not only did they feed the guests, but also fed our DJ, security team, AND ladies working the snack bar at our venue AND they attended each table for clean up! My groom and I didn't have to lift a finger as everything was served to us! I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Smoke in the Hills BBQ - thank you for helping make our day deliciously amazing!

Sent on 02/01/2018

Pam · Married on 01/13/2018

Kelly and her team are wonderful. The food can definitely make a wedding and all we kept hearing from all of our guests was how amazing all the grub was. She was a delight to work with and all of her team was super polite, helpful and gracious. All of our guests wanted me to know how nice all of the vendors were. She even made sure that my bride and I ate. Thank you so much.

Smoke in the Hills BBQ 7
    Sent on 02/01/2018

Brittany · Married on 01/08/2018

My husband and I just got married. Smoke in the Hills was amazing, perfect food and exactly what we wanted. We sat down and they served us. Definitely would use them again in the future and will recommend to anyone needed and caterer and wanting outstanding BBQ.

Sent on 01/09/2018

Smoke in the Hills BBQ's reply:

Thank you so much, it was a beautiful wedding and we were happy to be a part of it!!

Rodda · Married on 12/29/2017

The best food and best service!!!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Tiffany · Married on 11/10/2017

We have used Smoke in the Hills several times for school functions. Not only was the food delicious but the service was superb!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Janet · Married on 11/08/2017

We had an event at our place of business for our customers. Everyone commented on how great the food was as the service was awesome! The team at Smoke in the Hills were so cheerful and professional. We cant wait to use them again for our next event!!

Smoke in the Hills BBQ 8
    Sent on 11/14/2017

Smoke in the Hills BBQ's reply:

Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your event.

Alexandra · Married on 10/21/2017

Smoke in the Hills BBQ was a dream to work with. It was easy to schedule a tasting with Kelly & Brad, and Kelly responded to e-mails very quickly. Brad was the on-site contact for our event. He and his staff were courteous and efficient, and took care of set-up and clean up. Perhaps most importantly, the BBQ was excellent!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Smoke in the Hills BBQ's reply:

Thanks so much. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your wedding weekend.

Jenessa · Married on 10/21/2017

If you want amazing food, great communication and genuinely good people to work with the give Smoke In the Hills a call. We had them for our wedding, and they made it stress free!!

Thanks again!!!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Smoke in the Hills BBQ's reply:

Thanks so much Jenessa! It was a pleasure working with you!!

Diane · Married on 10/21/2017

We had BBQ catered for our motorcycle rally. We had a fun group tasting party several months prior, so we knew the food would be good. They served about 275 people and it seemed effortlessly. When that happens you know there has been good planning and a lot of prep work. Fun, friendly and hopefully they will serve us again next year! Thank you so very much!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Smoke in the Hills BBQ's reply:

Thanks Diane! We had so much fun!!