SLY 45 Reviews

SLY 45 7
  • Katie

Katie · Getting married on 10/19/2019

If you want to have fun at your wedding, hire Sly45

Just do yourself a favor and hire Sly45. They're worth every penny. The band kept people on the dance floor all night long. I'd describe Sly45 as fun, friendly, cool, and professional. Andrew is an incredible MC that kept the whole wedding flowing, and worked with all of our vendors to make everything come together. We had so many people compliment the band and how talented they were, and everyone noticed how the dance floor was packed the entire night. We (Bride and Groom) got up on stage with the band, which made for some epic pictures. ALSO, Wylie and Andrew and the team learned an epic version of Toto by Africa as our last song, and made it a party to remember.

We also had them DJ our ceremony and do all of the sound acoustics. We were right by the water with wind and noisy sea gulls, and the sound tech figured out how to make it sound perfect. You could hear our officiant crystal clear.

I can't say enough about Sly45! Andrew, Wylie, and the team was fun to worth with, and extremely talented, which made for the best night of our lives. Thank you, Sly45!

Sent on 06/18/2019
    SLY 45 8
    SLY 45 9
    SLY 45 10
    SLY 45 11
    SLY 45 12

Abigail Chen · Married on 05/20/2019

Professional band and sweet atomosphere creator

Andrew and Wylie are extremely helpful through out my wedding music selection process. They offered me a song list and also discussed with me on the phone, so we worked together on the google doc to pick out the perfect song for my dream wedding. During the wedding, there's unexpected rain, it's a outdoor wedding, Andrew and Wiley show their professional way to deal with the situation. During the reception, their passion for the live band help us created sweet atomosphere to let all the guest can enjoy the moment. I strongly recommend them as your wedding live band. You will have precious memory!

Sent on 07/16/2019
    SLY 45 13
    SLY 45 14
  • Michael

Michael Pomerantz · Married on 05/11/2019

It was the best day of our lives, and Sly 45 is a MAJOR reason why!

Our big day was like a fairy tale wedding, and we give a massive amount of the credit for that to Andrew, Wylie and the rest of Sly 45. Not only was every detail meticulously and methodically planned out from before the ceremony to even after the last song, but it became very clear very early that Andrew was fully invested in making sure the day was exactly what we wanted it to be. He was a dedicated advocate for us in ensuring cooperation from our vendors, venue, guests and parents - he really helped squash any and all drama that we could have had.

We didn't think it could be perfect, but Andrew literally made it perfect for us. The cherry on top is that Sly 45 is frankly an AMAZING band with phenomenal energy, and they had the crowd going strong through the very last song. We had a mix of younger and older people, and everyone had an amazing time - many people have told us that it was the nicest wedding they've ever been to, and all of them commented about how great Sly 45 was! We highly recommend splurging for the sax and additional vocalist - the whole group came together in a totally cohesive and awesome way.

Andrew, Wylie and the rest of Sly 45: Thank you for everything!

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Z

Zach Dermer · Married on 05/01/2019

Sly 45 is the real deal

These guys are great at what they do. Before hiring them we saw several bands at area showcases and none seemed anywhere near as good as Sly 45. They mesh so well as a group and it shows in the way they perform. They have a ton of fun and produce some awesome tunes. I knew we had found the right band the minute we heard them. Our wedding was an absolute blast and we had so many guests that complimented the music. Our dance floor was packed even before dinner was served and remained that way until the night ended. Thanks so much to Andrew, Wiley, and the rest of the band members who made our wedding such a memorable experience! Look no further...this is 100% the band to choose. Thanks!!

Sent on 05/03/2019

SLY 45's reply:

Thanks so much Zach, you're right that we have a ton of fun and it's clear that you and your family and friends know how to have fun as well! You made this wedding memorable for us as well.

Ruth · Married on 04/20/2019

More than just a wedding band!

I cannot say enough amazing things about Sly 45! It wasn’t just the phenomenon music that accomplished our goal of having everyone on the dance floor, young and old, but it was also their responsiveness and organization throughout the whole process. They had great suggestions about various wedding day items that made the overall day much smoother, they were professional, funny, timely, and accommodated to make our day special to what we specifically wanted. I don’t have one bad thing to say, I would recommend them to anyone, and I hope I get to hear them play again!

Sent on 05/15/2019

SLY 45's reply:

Thank you Ruth! You were a blast to work with as well, and we have to say your wedding venue is one of the most beautiful that we've ever seen. Well worth the trip!
  • Jesse

Jesse De Salvo & Katharine Wagner-De Salvo · Married on 02/03/2019

Unbelievable!

The experience... it's unbelievable, top to bottom. Well-organized, friendly, and the band... wow!!! You will NOT find better, I 100% promise you that!

Sent on 05/10/2019
    SLY 45 23
    SLY 45 24
    SLY 45 25

Hey Jesse and Katharine,

Thank you so much for the pictures, the ones of you and your guests really sum of the feeling of the whole night! Thanks for all the food as well!

Ed F · Married on 12/31/2018

Stop searching...Sly45 rocks!

Sly45 played our NYE wedding in Washington DC, and they rocked! We chose Sly45 based solely on their website a friend's recommendation...they did not disappoint. Andrew was a professional and a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process. The band's engineer perfectly modulated the sound for our difficult venue. And when it came to the actual show (ceremony + reception)...they 100% nailed it. My only regret is that we didn't book them to play longer!

Sent on 01/12/2019

Hey Ed,

I'm going to be honest, I don't really like giving up my NYE to perform, but when I do it helps a ton when it's for a wedding that is as fun as yours. It was a pleasure working with you to figure out how to fit everything in your venue, and you and your guests really brought in the new year right!

Heather · Married on 09/22/2018

Sly 45 rocked it at our wedding!!! It's almost a week after our wedding, and people are still talking about it! Our engaged friends loved them so much, they called them the very next day to inquire booking them for their wedding. We utilized them for reception only - we did a 4.5 hour service with 5 band members (saxophone added). The sax was the best touch!! They brought their own lighting and did all the MC for the night. They were also very organized leading up to the wedding. Easily reachable via phone or email. They sent us a google doc timeline about a month before the wedding which included everything, from the introductions, to the first dance songs, to the preferred songs we wanted them to play. They will DJ any song you want, and if a song you really want is not on their song list already, you have the option of asking them to learn two new songs, which I thought was really neat. We absolutely loved the versions of the songs we asked them to learn. Even though we had 175 guests to say hello to, I never wanted to stop dancing, they were just that good! We are so happy we booked Sly 45 as our wedding band, something we will never forget!!

Sent on 09/27/2018

SLY 45's reply:

Thanks Heather, yours was certainly one to remember! Beautiful venue and a crowd that just could not be stopped! Don't tell anyone, but a couple of band members took home some of the leftover hot sauce favors that you made. WE are still talking about how good it was!

Alexandra · Married on 09/15/2018

Tons of fun!

We had a blast on the dance floor!! The band is a crowd pleaser and bridged generations beautifully.

Sent on 12/04/2018

SLY 45's reply:

Thanks, we had a blast from the stage! I'm not sure if your guests needed our help to party but it was certainly a pleasure to be a part of it.

Brian Stander · Married on 09/08/2018

SLY 45 was the best!

Sly 45 made our wedding planning enjoyable and stress free. From our first contact with the band, they always got back to us in a timely fashion and they spent time getting to know our preferences so that the music throughout our special day felt like "us"! We couldn't be happier with their performance on our wedding day and had so much great feedback from our guests!

Sent on 11/09/2018

SLY 45's reply:

Thanks Brian, an enjoyable and stress free day is a group effort and it was a pleasure on our end throughout the entire planning process as well as the performance itself. Thanks again!

Donna · Married on 06/16/2018

We have been to see Sly 45 in Baltimore/Annapolis area many times and were lucky enough to have them come to Charleston, SC to perform for our event.
    They were so fantastic and our guests loved them....our guests were on the dance floor all night long and raved about them afterward! We are looking forward to having them perform for us again!
    In addition, leading up to the event, Andrew & Wylie were so professional and easy to work with. They were super responsive and organized. Everything went smoothly from start to finish. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/16/2018

SLY 45's reply:

Thanks so much for having us Donna, we had a fantastic time traveling down to South Carolina to preform for you! There's a lot of logistics in bringing the show that far out of Maryland but working with you helped make it as smooth as possible and worth every mile!

Linda · Married on 06/02/2018

All around GREAT experience from start to finish.. and that came too soon!! Our guests would have partied ALL night with this fantastic band!

Sent on 07/16/2018
    SLY 45 26
    SLY 45 27
    SLY 45 28
    SLY 45 29
    SLY 45 30

SLY 45's reply:

We would've loved to party all night with you too! Sadly the human body has it's limits, but your guests helped us give every inch of energy we had until it was time to end the night. Thank you so much for posting the pictures as well!

Caitlyn · Married on 04/07/2018

Sly45 is absolutely the best wedding band in the Baltimore area. I'm almost worried my wedding guests loved the band more than they love us! (Just kidding!) The dance floor was never empty, the energy never wavered. If your people love to dance, hire these guys! They learned several songs specially for our wedding and made some special requests happen like magic! They're also really easy-going and communicate well, which I found to be really important.

Sent on 06/08/2018
    SLY 45 31

SLY 45's reply:

Don't worry, we won't steal your guests! We had a fantastic time as well and we're still playing the songs we learned for you pretty regularly, so thanks for helping add to our repertoire!

Cecelia · Married on 10/14/2017

We received so many compliments from our guests how much they loved the band (and we have some serious music critics in our group!). Sly 45 made our wedding day and celebration so much fun and added to the overall amazing day! They were incredibly professional, amazing talent and provided great dance music. They had the crowd dancing the whole time. I can't say enough great things about them. Thank you!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Kristine · Married on 09/30/2017

SLY 45 was absolutely amazing. It was wonderful to have live music throughout our entire wedding including the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. They were incredibly professional, very responsive and were a HUGE hit at our wedding. I cannot thank the band enough. They were an enormous part in making our dream wedding come true. I highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Kelsey · Married on 09/30/2017

These guys were awesome! They were really flexible in helping us find the right band composition to match what we wanted but also stay in our budget. They recommended different variations for ceremony music and sound set ups as well. They did a fantastic job and had everyone dancing all night. We loved that they acted as a built in MC for our announcements etc. They are an awesome group of guys. We highly recommend!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Aleza · Married on 09/03/2017

My (now) husband and I first saw Sly 45 perform at a wedding over 4 years ago. We were completely blown away! When we were planning our wedding, (which was 2 days ago,) we assumed that having a band would put us way over our budget. So, we hired a DJ. Just a few weeks before our wedding, my husband's parents went to a wedding with a band, and asked us if we would like to have a band. They sent us information about the band they had seen, but we were already talking about how cool it would be to have Sly 45. We looked at the other band and tried to be open minded, but they were pretty lame and couldn't even touch the talent of Sly 45. So, we nervously called Andrew (the amazing band leader,) hoping they might have our date available. By some fluke, they were not booked (we got married on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend... so that might explain it.) Not only were they available, they were thousands of dollars less than the lame band!! We quickly booked them and were SO excited that they would be playing at our wedding!!

An important part/bonus you get when you book Sly 45, is Andrew. He is responsive, helpful, professional, and as knowledgeable as my "day of coordinator," who was awesome! He knows how to keep things running smoothly, and pointed out a few things, (potential conflicts,) that I never would have thought of/about on my own.

I can honestly say that Sly 45 MADE our wedding what it was-- AMAZING!! Andrew is a great MC, the band is unbelievably talented, and their energy creates a magnetic pull onto the dance floor!

I lost count of the number of guests who came up to us to tell us how fantastic they were! People also wanted to know how Aretha Franklin's huge voice could come out of Kim's little body. (We chose to have six musicians instead of four, but both options are great!) Guests were surprised and super impressed by how awesome all of the vocals were! My cousin even got their card so she can book them for her wedding!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Colleen · Married on 09/02/2017

Sly 45 was the absolute greatest wedding band and MC I could have ever hoped for. The band plays off the crowd and makes sure the entire night goes according to plan. I wish we could relive that night every night.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Laura · Married on 05/28/2017

HIRE THIS BAND! I cannot say enough good things about Sly 45! From the first consultation phone call with lead singer, Andrew (which was returned less than an hour after I filled out the contact form) I knew we had to prioritize booking this band. Andrew was SO enthusiastic right off the bat and it was obvious they love what they do. They provide DJ and amplification services and will learn 2 new songs of your choice for each part of the wedding that you hire live music for! Working with Andrew and the band before an during the wedding was an awesome experience! We had SO many guests mention how good the band was even weeks after the wedding. They kept everything running smoothly, they're very personable as emcees for the night, and the music is seriously amazing. The dance floor was PACKED and there was even an "encore" chant which they happily obliged. Hire this band right now!

Sent on 07/04/2017

Jessica · Married on 05/27/2017

I cannot say enough about SLY 45 (and Andrew). They are AMAZING! I was blown away by the fact that they can play every genre of music equally well--they will even learn songs at your request--AND their services don't stop there. They also help plan out your entire day and know exactly what they're doing. No matter how overwhelming wedding planning got, I always felt like everything would be okay because I had Sly 45 backing us up. Andrew, their lead singer, was always willing to talk everything out from start to finish and offer suggestions and expert advice. In addition to all of this support leading up to the big day, you couldn't ask for more on the day of either. They DJ'ed our ceremony flawlessly, played beautiful acoustic music for our cocktail hour, and then got the party started like no other at our reception. Exceeding all expectations, not only did they provide a wide variety of amazing music all night long, but they also engaged and interacted with the crowd like pros. Every single guest at our wedding raved about them! I thought I hated wedding planning but I am honestly sad that it's over now and I don't get to work with SLY 45 again. I can say with 100% confidence that you will NOT find a better band for your wedding.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Ashleigh · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I truly lucked out when we stumbled upon Sly 45 during one of our evenings runs in our neighborhood. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, Andrew was responsive, answered all of our questions, and made us feel confident in our choice. There were many reasons why we booked Sly 45. First, we were able to hear their music first hand and loved their style, energy, and wide variety of song selections. We could choose a wide range of songs, from ones that our grandparents would enjoy to the newest Bruno Mars hit. Andrew was also stellar at creating a reception timeline that would allow for more band time and was flexible when we were pretty selective in our choice of songs. Having the DJ option was great as well--we were able to choose all of our dinner music and play our favorite T. Swift song. Being as our reception site was a barn, we had some space constraints and wanted a band that wouldn't take up too much room, but would also fill the space with some awesome tunes. Sly 45 delivered! They suited the barn space beautifully and were so darn good at performing. My husband and I had a blast dancing the night away and so did our guests. We received SO many compliments and feel very grateful that they were our wedding band! We would highly recommend them to any couple interested in having a wedding band!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Colin · Married on 05/06/2017

Andrew and SLY45 were incredible. Andrew was a great MC and the band rocked all night long. They stayed very close to the song list we discussed, but were also able to play other songs based on what they felt the crowd wanted. We also booked Andrew for an acoustic cocktail set and he was incredible. The two songs we requested him to learn were perfect and so well done.

FYI - The videos on their website do not do this band justice. They sound 1000% better in person. If you can, check out one on their live shows.

Sent on 05/23/2017

Katie · Married on 04/29/2017

Sly 45 was the highlight of our wedding! My dad is in a band and therefore music was probably the most important thing for him. He had a tall order for a wedding band that I was struggling to fill.

I found Sly 45 through wedding wire intially and reached out for more information. Andrew contacted me within the day and invited me, my now husband, and my parents to a wedding showcase they were doing that night in Baltimore. They were going to play some songs with different arrangements of the band and go over other info with other prospective couples. We were so grateful he let us know and of course couldn't miss it. We were impressed with them right away. My parents liked them so much they brought their friends to other Sly 45 public shows. When interviewing wedding planners (I had mentioned we were considering them) and each one said that we absolutely had to hire them - so we did!

Andrew and Wylie were a dream to work with. They had played at our venue before and made suggestions that they felt would make our wedding all the the better. We ultimately implemented all of them with great success! They really know what they are talking about and their goal is to make your day the best ever. Andrew coordinated with our planner flawlessly and spent hours working with us to plan the perfect set list to achieve the feel we wanted for our day. Wylie was beyond accommodating. My dad had a secret plan to record himself singing our father/daughter dance song and Wylie helped him execute it perfectly. It was a really special moment for us and a complete surprise to me and I am so thankful to the band for making it happen. Wylie even remixed and condensed my 9 minute sorority song into 3. I even had this idea in my head to rearrange the traditional reception timeline and Andrew took the time to hear our my vision and then made it happen. The dance floor at our reception was hopping all night long - our guests did not want our reception to end!

Sent on 05/14/2017

Stevie · Married on 04/08/2017

SLY45 was an amazing band! They were super easy to work with and really well organized. Planned out everything from start to finish and kept us on schedule! The dance floor was full the entire night! They had a great selection of songs and even learned a few new ones for us which made it all that more special! They helped give us recommendations for areas we were unsure of and MC'd the night perfectly! If we could have stayed at the venue for another few hours we could have easily kept dancing the night away! We used them for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception! They were seamless in their transition and all the guests complimented us on an amazing band! We highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 04/20/2017