Skyryder Photography, LLC Reviews

40 | Blacksburg, VA

40 Reviews for Skyryder Photography, LLC

Corey was awesome to work with! My wife and I were planning our wedding from afar, with our mothers in charge, but she was easy to talk to and understood our vision for the photography of our day. I also chose not to do a bridal session, so she documented our rehearsal dinner the night before in it's place!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Skyryder photography was nothing short of amazing! I can't begin to express the wonderful nature of this team, or how calm, friendly and easy to work with they were. From the moment I met Corey over Skype, I instantly knew that she was the photographer I wanted to work with. She is very easy going, she genuinely cares about your vision and the end result, and she wants you to have a say in what she captures. A few weeks before the wedding, we filled out a questionnaire about what family photos we wanted, any special areas we wanted pictures at, etc. That was really helpful when it came to getting myself organized for the wedding and thinking through the family portraits. The day-of, Corey came with so much energy and positivity! There were a few ad-hoc shots I wanted in the moment, and she was more than happy to oblige. She never rushed me or my girls when we were getting ready, and that kept me calm before I walked down the isle. For family photos, Corey was very conscious of my older family members, and made sure their pictures were done first so they could sit and join the cocktail hour. She was very organized and the process was very fluid.... my entire family couldn't believe that she made the family portraits run that smoothly! When we received the pictures a couple of weeks later, we were blown away by the quality, color, and perspective of Corey's work. I can't tell you how many favorites I have, or how many details she captured that I never would have thought of! She was even quick to turn around the photo album draft... alot of my girlfriends waited 6 months or more just to see a draft!

Overall, I had an amazing experience with Corey and her team. She was easy to work with, never once stressed or made anyone else feel stressed the day of the wedding, and her final photos are AMAZING! I can't thank her enough for photographing our special day and giving us so many pictures that captured the essence and character of our wedding. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

Sent on 12/15/2015

This photographer is very professional and produces high quality photography. Very friendly and fun to work with. Captures great moments throughout your special day. You will not be disappointed!

Ryndee · Married on 07/11/2015

Skyryder photography is amazing. They are easy to work with, very professional, flexible and they take amazing photos!

Katie · Married on 05/23/2015

Corey is super sweet and so easy to work with!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Maureen · Married on 07/12/2014

Corey photographed both the engagement and wedding and both the were phenomenal. Every photo is better than the next. She was was available to meet with us before and answered all of my questions right away. Corey was not only a photographer but a great calming spirit during times of stress throughout the day. Guests are still talking about her skills. I would not only recommend her services but I will be using her for all our family photo shoots.

Sent on 08/31/2014

Emily · Married on 06/28/2014

Corey and her husband Steve did such an awesome job photographing my wedding and engagement photo session!! :) Corey photographed our engagement session and her husband assisted her in photographing our wedding. They are both such sweet and fun people to work with! I absolutely loved how all of our pictures turned out and I would definitely have Skyryder Photography photograph an event of mine in the future! I loved having two photographers at the wedding because Corey was able to get the large scale pictures, while Steve was able to zoom in and get the fine detailed pictures. It was also perfect having pictures from both perspectives of those walking down the isle and of those standing up front! I highly recommend Skyryder Photography to anyone who is looking for a fantastic photographer with awesome photography skills, who won't break your budget!! :))

Sent on 08/10/2014

I was very impressed with Skyryder. She responded quickly to my emails and was very communicative. I have received tons of compliments on my wedding album.

Sent on 08/24/2014

Corey always answered my questions and made me feel so calm about capturing all the important moments of my wedding day. I would definitely hire her again if I were to do this all over again, THANKS!

Sent on 08/18/2014
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/12/2013

Corey is an all-around professional and we are thrilled to have hundreds of beautiful photos to remind of us of our joyful wedding day. Living several hours away from our southwest Virginia wedding site, we really appreciated Corey's flexibility when arranging pre-wedding meetings via Skype and for the times we'd be in town. She was supportive of and even excited about our unconventional wedding ideas. She even rushed back in to get photos of an impromptu old-time jam session we had with our guests towards end of our reception, even though she had already started packing up her equipment to leave. The resulting photos are some of our absolute favorites! Thanks, Corey!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Martha · Married on 12/14/2013

Corey is an incredibly talented photographer. Our photos are beautiful thanks to her expertise. She posted them quicker than I imagined and we were so happy. I only wish we had been posed for more different shots - my husband and I remained in the same pose and felt awkward not knowing what to do. I wish I had been better prepared but nonetheless, we will treasure the photos from our wedding forever.

Sent on 08/17/2014
  • Jessica

Jessica Antos · Married on 06/01/2019

Definitely Recommend

We hired Skyryder Photography for our wedding. Despite mid-90 temperatures and extreme humidity, they captured an amazing day and we are so glad for our decision. The two photographers were friendly and stayed off to the side when appropriate (during the ceremony), and we got the most amazing photographs.

Sent on 11/05/2019

Annamarie · Married on 05/29/2016

Skyryder was wonderful! Corey was very easy to communicate with leading up to the day and great at sending little reminders when she needed something from us. Day-of she was on-time and ready to go. She gave good direction during the portraits and was basically invisible during the ceremony and reception. We loved the pictures we got from her! I still get compliments about our pictures, even months later!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Mary · Married on 06/24/2017

Corey and her assistant were great to work with and we are incredibly happy with the moments she captured. The day she shot our engagement photos it was incredibly windy and cold outside but you wouldn't be able to tell from the pictures. Somehow she managed to make it look like a totally calm and sunny day and we are very happy with them. The wedding day she and her assistant were very stealthy during the ceremony, but still captured the most incredible up close shots. Her assistant even helped cut the cake because my husband and I forgot to hire someone to do that, but he stepped in and took care of it! My husband said that he was creative in the shots he told them to pose for and they turned out great! The only reason I took it down a star is because I felt a little put on the spot when taking the pictures and Corey asked us what we wanted to do and how we wanted to pose... I had so many other things going on in my head that I couldn't think of many poses besides the standing there and smiling. I wish she had made more suggestions than she did so we would have more variety in our pictures, though she did get enough that I am happy with what we have. My suggestion would be to not only have a list of the groups of people you want captured, but the specific poses, as well, so that on that day you're not having to remember the poses you wanted. One other reason I took a star off is because she did not bring two cars with her or prepare for her own transportation to the ceremony location. My husband was getting ready at the church and I was at another location. Her assistant dropped her off where I was and then left for the church and so when it was time to head over to the church she had to ride in the back of our car with my mom, dad, and two sisters/maids of honor.... it would have been nice to just have a minute of privacy with my closest people....having her in the back seat slightly took away from that special moment and made it a bit awkward.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Skyryder Photography, LLC's reply:

Mary Kate, thank you so much for your review of Skyryder Photography! I was thrilled to provide my services for such a beautiful bride and venue and am so happy you are pleased with your pictures! I feel that you may have misunderstood my intention when asking if there were any additional poses you would like to have. I never want to add more stress to my brides special day so I always come prepared with various ideas and poses that add variety to the end products. However, I do like to ensure that nothing has been overlooked. Occasionally, brides will have special poses they have not already communicated to me and I like to give a final opportunity for input. This is never intended to add pressure to your day. It is a final chance for us to connect and make sure everything is as you envisioned. Once again - I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of your beautiful day. Thanks again for your review and thoughtful compliments!

Professional, courteous, friendly, and easy to work with. I loved the photos, and the experience!

Sent on 12/28/2015