SKY Armory Reviews

46 Reviews for SKY Armory

• Billie

Billie · Married on 10/27/2018

A dream come true!

I recently had my wedding at SKY Armory on October 27, 2018 and it was a dream come true! Everything I could’ve ever imagined was made possible by the team who works at SKY. Katie was our wedding planner and she made everything so simple! The day couldn’t have happened without her or the rest of the amazing team who works there. Communication was so easy via their online portal and in person meetings. The food, drinks and desserts were all delicious, the photo booth was so much fun, and the decorations were exactly what we pictured! All the planning leading up to the wedding was also a breeze! The day of went so smoothly thanks to Katie and our event coordinator. I was so nervous but having Katie there making sure things went smoothly was a comfort. Truly a fairytale wedding at a gorgeous venue.

SKY Armory's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. No one had any idea of the incident the night before or that Kevin was feeling under the weather. Very happy for both of you :) -Katie

Jacqueline A · Married on 10/06/2018

Sky knocked it out of the park!!

I had my wedding reception at Sky in October and it really surpassed all of my expectations. When we first came to look at the venue, I immediately knew it was the one. The elegant atmosphere and quality of everything was what stood out most, and my heart leaped when I first walked into a staged reception of some other fortunate couple. The planning was honestly seamless and relatively stress free. Our wedding planner Katie Sipple was fantastic and took care of every single little detail which made it “our wedding”. Although I know how wonderful they made events look- the night of our wedding surpassed my imagination!! Sky exuded class, sophistication and world-class customer service. Everything went off without a hitch (except for the photo booth being over looked). From the food, to the decor, to the amenities, and our wonderful team of dedicated staff- I would highly recommend Sky Armory for any event! They elevate event planning and execution in Syracuse. It was a one-of-a kind experience and we are elated with the outcome: which was a wonderful time had by all!!!

SKY Armory's reply:

Thank you for your kind word. We were so happy to be part of your special day! We wish you many years of happiness. - Katie

Jack · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing Experience

Sky Armory and the entire team there was incredible to work with in planning our wedding, and even better on the day of our wedding. When we began planning our wedding we knew we wanted to do something different than a hotel ballroom, and after attending a holiday party at Sky we looked into booking our wedding reception there.

The planning process with Sky was great as they took the time to get to know us, and what we were looking for. One of the great things about Sky is that they have so many options available from table clothes, to centerpieces, to food choices, that you get to truly personalize your wedding to you. We were able to tell them design elements that we liked/disliked or had seen on pinterest and they were able to incorporate those elements into our wedding for us. The hardest part of the entire process was picking the food options, as they were all fantastic at the tasting we attended.

The day of our wedding the team at Sky had our floor set up perfectly. All of the staff made sure to check in on us throughout the day to ensure we had everything we needed. We have received many great compliments from our guests on their time at Sky. We are so happy that we chose Sky Armory for our reception venue.

SKY Armory's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Jack! We enjoyed being a part of yours and Meghan's special day. We hope to see you both soon at another one of our Pop Up dinners! We wish many years of joy and happiness. Cheers!
  • Ryan

Ryan · Married on 08/18/2018

A Transformational Venue...

My husband and I couldn’t have chosen a better venue to host our wedding ceremony and reception. From being an LGBTQ friendly venue, to the amazing planning process with our event planner, Katie, to our actual event, everything was as smooth as promised. Our day was truly special. It is amazing how they can turn the space into whatever your hearts desire, our guests are still raving. Highly recommend! ❤️

SKY Armory's reply:

We were so happy to be part of your special day! I am definitely thinking of warmer weather and Cape Cod on these cold winter days. We wish you many years of happiness. -Katie

Trista · Married on 06/23/2018

From the very infant stages of your planning all the way up to your big day, SKY always, always, always makes you feel at ease. My husband and I were lucky enough to have my sister as our wedding coordinator, so she was able to help us pull together a lot of the outside details that our venue wasn't really responsible for. However, if she hadn't been there, we would have been in good hands as SKY provides all of its clients with a handy tool kit, including a list of preferred vendors, a detailed Excel template to keep track of guest list details, and a wonderful timeline built to your exact wedding date. Every couple is assigned an event planner who schedules five separate meetings leading up to your big day to make sure that your special day is everything you dreamed it would be. I loved having the opportunity to become familiar with the venue, and I loved our planner, Katie! Her customer service skills are impeccable and she was an absolute life saver on our Wedding Day. She was always there making sure that I had everything I needed and making sure that we felt great about everything. The room was stunning, the food was amazing, and the service was incredible. SKY absolutely exceeded our expectations and delivered a fantastic evening for all. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to other Syracuse brides at all! Thank you for making sure our special day was everything and more than we hoped it would be!!

Katie · Married on 06/02/2018

Ideal wedding venue!

Absolutely STUNNING venue! So much included with the price, on site ceremony room, and beautiful reception spaces. We have heard nothing but positive experiences from our guests about everything from the staff, the food, everything! And the location was ideal! Within walking distance of two hotels, and a very short drive from one other. Could not have been more thrilled with our overall experience. They helped make our special day absolutely perfect.

Dorien · Married on 04/27/2018

We loved everything about working with Sky Armory for our wedding, which was in April 2018. The staff was so attentive, kind, and professional, and the end result was a dream come true. Thank you!

Samantha · Married on 03/02/2018

SKY Armory was the best choice I could have made for my wedding venue! From the moment I went on a tour of the venue I knew I had to book it and man am I glad I did. They set up meetings throughout the planning process that are very helpful and that helped me plan things I didn’t even know I had to. My event planner was Katie and she was AMAZING! Every question I had she answered right away and followed through with everything she said. The day of the wedding she was there for anything we needed and she also brought my husband and I appetizers and drinks throughout the night. If she didn’t I don’t know that we would have even been able to try any of them. She also boxed my dinner up and brought it and all the gifts to our hotel room at the Jefferson Clinton Hotel. I was so appreciative and grateful after the wedding when we were surprised to have it all there for us. Another thing is that my room layout was to a T exactly what we talked about and that they mapped out for me. It was unbelievable how perfect it was. Also the decorations were stunning, all of my guests were blown away. My guest also keep raving about how wonderful all of the food and drinks were! All in all you have to book your wedding/event with SKY and if you do trust me you will not be disappointed. They are by far the most professional people to work with!

Jonathan · Married on 12/09/2017

SKY Armory shined in all aspects of hosting our wedding reception - from the early stages of planning through the very end of the night. The standouts were the decor and food, both of which were customized with helpful guidance by the staff who did an excellent job respecting our budget and tastes. They truly brought our vision for the evening to life, and provided a seamless reception experience for our guests. Most importantly during the planning stages, they made suggestions as to how we could shape the menu, bar offerings, cocktail hour, decor, etc. down to every last detail if we wanted to, without any pressure to add any costs we didn't think necessary. There we no inflexible "packages" or "tiers" as we encountered at other potential venues, and we were welcome to incorporate our own decor pieces, etc. The featuring of local food and beverage was a highlight for us and our guests as well. Our planner, Chelsea, was with us every step of the way with quick responses and resolutions even as we planned the entire wedding from out of town. We couldn't think of anything that SKY could have done better after the reception was over!

Sent on 01/02/2018

SKY Armory's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure to plan with you, thank you for letting us be part of your special day!

Samantha · Married on 11/05/2017

Chelsea was amazingly helpful and patient !

Lisa · Married on 09/01/2017

I couldn't be any more pleased with the service I received from Sky Armory. Everyone was courteous and professional. The chef did an amazing job with the food. I received several calls from guests telling me it was one of the best meals they had. The wait and bar staff were incredible, ensuring that all the guests needs were addressed in a timely fashion. Chelsea did a great job in assisting in our event planning. She tried to keep everything as stress free as possible. I would highly recommend Sky Armory for any event.

• Clarissa

Clarissa · Married on 07/21/2017

We had our wedding at SKY Armory, and couldn't have been happier with the choice. SKY did such a great job accommodating our requests and made the night absolutely amazing. With SKY, you receive a complete team of professionals that will make planning less stressful. Chelsea, our event planner, worked with us through the entire process and eased our worries anytime we began to panic. Jennifer helped with the design process and did a great job of letting us know what decisions would work and what wouldn't. Chef Chris is a master at creating the most delicious food combinations that will leave you and your guests wanting more. Chef Anne brought my wedding cupcake tower to life and made it so elegant we hesitated to cut the cake! Janet created our signature drinks which were a huge hit, I personally loved my ‘I Do’ creation. We received so many compliments about the decorations, especially the signage created by Corey who will provide beautiful calligraphy on mirrors! Overall, our guests really enjoyed the modern atmosphere and were impressed by the quickness of how dinner was served, no one was kept waiting. SKY Armory is a company that truly cares. Even the president, Nicole Samolis, would stop by during our meetings and on our wedding day to check in with us. Our wedding was certainly a night to remember and SKY was a huge reason why. So, if you want your wedding day to be perfect, go with SKY!

danielle · Married on 07/07/2017

I cant thank The Sky Armory enough for everything they did for my husband and I. From the very start of the planning process, everyone we spoke to was easy to work with, friendly, accommodating, and essentially amazing. For a person who has had quite the busy schedule over the last 2 years, the whole wedding planning process was made easy because of The Sky Armory. I've told almost everyone I know that I can't even count the number of times I was told yes, of course, absolutely, we can do that, ect, ect. After talking to many many people after last Friday, I can tell you that pretty much everyone has said some form of the following: "Best Wedding Ever!" From the service, to the food, to the decor, everything was spectacular. It was exactly what I wanted and just the type of wedding my husband and I were hoping for. Jul 7, 2017 was seriously the most fun and memorable night of our lives and I cant thank everyone enough! :)

Danielle · Married on 06/24/2017

Our wedding was 06.24.17 at SKY Armory and it was amazing! SKY was so easy and fun to work with throughout the year to plan our special day. The staff at SKY are amazing. They always went over and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. Chelsea and Jen were the best to work with. They always put my mind to ease and helped me with every aspect of planning our wedding. The food and drinks were also amazing and the Chef was so easy to work with. He paid attention to every detail to make sure the food was just exactly how we wanted it. Our day was literally perfect thanks to SKY. We can't wait until we get to attend a wedding at SKY or to plan our next event at SKY.

Sent on 12/22/2017

SKY Armory's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful words Danielle, we loved working with you!

Michelle · Married on 11/04/2016

Our wedding was an absolute dream. We truly had a magical day and Sky made it happen. We had our ceremony and reception there and could not have asked for more. Our guests loved the venue and raved about the food and decor. The staff were all amazing and extremely helpful during the planning process and day of. Our vision was brought to life and we loved every second. I wish we could relive our wedding day all over again and I would book Sky in a heart beat!

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2016

We were just married at SKY in September. It was the most perfect event we could have ever imagined. This past year of planning was so much work, but walking in to the space on our wedding day, it was all of that work, and then taken to an entirely new level. It came to life before our eyes.
    We also had a day-after brunch at SKY for our out of town guests, and that was also amazing. They repurposed much of our decor beautifully.

Chelsea Brodhead was the perfect coordinator. She was level-headed and straight-forward. She is quick to respond to emails throughout the year, and is always up to date on your event. She encouraged me to relax and have fun when the day actually came, and I could! She is exceptional.

Jennifer Christopher, decor and floral, was immediately a great participant in our planning. She knew very early on that my goal was to use live hops for our beer-themed wedding, not artificial, in our decor/floral. Not only was she not daunted by this, the experience seemed to interest her. She went above and beyond to help us keep these giant plants alive for 4 days at SKY so that we could have them!

Esther, the pastry chef, I am so impressed by. When we saw our cake that evening, it was one of the times I almost cried. It was the most elegant wedding cake I have ever seen. (And it was DELICIOUS).

Jason Jessmore, the chef, received so many compliments from our guests. As the couple planning, what is really unique about SKY is that they don't give you a list of menus to choose from- they custom make the menu to your likes! You have a meeting with Jason where you discuss your favorite foods.
    Overall, it is so nice to not have to go searching for so many vendors, at SKY you get your venue, your planner, your catering, your cake, and your decor

A huge thank you to SKY for our perfect wedding day!

SKY Armory is an extraordinary venue to have a wedding. The location, atmosphere, staff and food were flawless. From day one, they helped plan my dream wedding without missing a beat! I recommend SKY Armory to all couples who are planning a wedding.

There are very limited venues for wedding in Central New York, and we wanted to make sure it was a unique venue and a venue in which we didn't need added vendors. They do it all and make it easy to have a wedding or any function there. We had our wedding rehearsal dinner and our reception there. Our wedding coordinator made it a stress free wedding day, food was amazing, the smallest details weren't overlooked, and they accommodated all requests! Highly recommend!

Janelle · Married on 06/04/2016

I could not have imagined a more flawless day for our wedding! SKY Armory went above and beyond my expectations. The food and drinks were amazing, all of our guests were satisfied. I can't thank the staff enough for all of their help in making our day so perfect!

Nick · Married on 10/10/2015

Our experience with SKY Armory was above and beyond our expectations. The SKY team really has it together and produced an incredible wedding for us. From the pre-planning, tastings, all the way through the big day, it was perfect. We HIGHLY recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 11/04/2015

SKY Armory's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Nick. Our team had a great time working with you both!

Abbie · Married on 06/20/2015

Wow! Where do I begin? I am writing this review as the mother of the bride. We started looking at venues in the fall of 2013 after our daughter was engaged. We visited several venues and were not completely satisfied, we wanted something unique and wanted to go someplace no one else had been before. While surfing the internet we found an interview online that Nicole (the owner) had given about a vision she had for a new venue. After meeting with Amy, our soon to be planner, we decided this was the place for us. When we booked the venue the work had not yet started and to be honest we were very concerned as our date grew closer that it would not be ready but thankfully it was more than ready! When I say everything was perfect I mean EVERYTHING was perfect. We were new to the Syracuse area but Amy gave us every type of contact imaginable as well as a review of the type of service provided. We found our vendors all from the advise of Amy & Nicole. Every vendor met our expectations and more. As far as the food.. five star! We met with Chef Jason on a few occasions & he never disappointed us. The choices were unique and top notch. Every single guest has reached out to us to rave about the food and the service they received at the reception. I'm still not sure how he managed to feed our 200+ guests a 5 star sit down meal all at the same time but when I say they were all served at the same time I mean it. When the meals were served you saw the dining staff come from all angles and no one waited to be served. Very classy! My daughter and her husband were taken care of from prior to the wedding until days after the wedding to assure all details were met. Every detail was looked after by the staff and we could not have been happier. The room itself looked like a picture from a magazine. It was breathtaking! Every inch sparkled from crystals and candlelight! Thank You SKY Armory for an amazing evening!

Sent on 07/14/2015

SKY Armory's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful words you shared! We truly appreciate it and we had a great time working with you and your family! Congratulations to you all again!
  • User7352038 · event on: 10/19/2016

SKY Armory was a wonderful venue for our community event for 160 people. The staff was very helpful, professional and we look forward to working with them again!

Eileen · event on: 10/30/2016

We had a birthday celebration for my mother and brother. The size of the venue was perfect for our extended family, the food was awesome, and the desserts were amazing. Everyone had a wonderful time and we would highly recommend this for any type of gathering!!

Adam · event on: 03/02/2015

An exceptional new venue with a courteous, professional staff. Their experience in the special events industry made ours a memorable one. Everyone from the wait staff to the owners assisted in room preparation on the day of our event. Thank you all for your hospitality. We look forward to more events for our company in the future!