SKY Armory Reviews

61 Reviews for SKY Armory

• Cristina

Cristina · Getting married on 07/18/2020

amazing venue

My fiancé and I met with Nicole and Amy and they were professional, punctual, flexible, and overall great! This vendor is currently in my top 5! I would certainly recommend viewing this place!

Sent on 02/26/2019

SKY Armory's reply:

Cristina - thank you so much! We always enjoy meeting couples and talking about their weddings. We are happy to be in your top 5 and we hope we make it to the #1 choice. - Nicole

Emily Elter · Married on 11/22/2019

Perfect All in One Vendor

I got married at SKY Armory on 11.23.19. We had a small wedding with about 60 guests, and I was worried the wedding would feel too small, but sky was able to make the size fit perfectly with the unique styled we they arranged the room to fit our needs. This vendor is all in one! They do the catering, including dessert and cake, the decor, including flowers, and the bar services. They did the set up and break down and even had out gifts and leftover cake delivered to our hotel room after. We have an event coordinator, Rachael, who was amazing! She answered all of our questions right ways and made sure everything ran smoothly the day of. This was especially helpful with the ceremony, and planning the timeframe of the reception. It really was a stress free planning process thanks to Rachael and the team at SKY, which was a main reason for picking this venue, that and the location and the unique loft/industrial style. Lindsey does the decor and florals and they were amazing, they fit well with out theme, late fall time wedding and the industrial almost rustic feel of the venue. I've had so many compliments about how different the venue was, and how neat the space was. Also we received a lot of compliments on the food, which was spectacular. It was nice for our older guests, as the parking garage is attached and the wedding was all indoors and in the same location. The wedding felt very upscale and classy, yet still relaxed. It was honestly the best day of my life, and I cannot thank SKY and Rachael enough. I can't recommend the venue enough either. We are going back for the New Years Eve party and can't wait!

Sent on 12/06/2019

SKY Armory's reply:

Thank you Emily! Rachael and the team had a blast planning with you! We look forward to seeing you again NYE!!
    -SKY Team

Kristi T · Married on 09/29/2019

AMAZING and Beautiful! Highly recommend

This venue and its employees are amazing. My friends and I had a fabulous time drinking, dancing, and eating. The management was extremely responsive when I left my phone at the venue. On a Sunday, the manager went to the closed venue and got my phone ASAP! I would recommend this venue to any bride!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Nicole · Married on 08/02/2019

Amazing Night

Rachael was our wedding planner at Sky Armory and she did an amazing job making our night extremely special! I was not feeling well at all the entire night, and she continued to check in on my bringing me tea, ginger ale, and alka seltzer. The first thing that all of our guests when we walked in was how amazing the room looked... and at the end of the night how great the entire evening was. We had people there for the whole 6 hours that our reception went for! They even brought all of our cards and gifts to our hotel room so we didn't have to worry about it. My husband and I both agreed that we can't wait for the next party we have to throw so we can work with Sky Armory again!!! Our only complaint was that we had a few guests tell us that one of the bartenders was really grumpy and rude - but we personally never saw the issue the entire night.

Sent on 08/04/2019

Alicia Schermer · Married on 07/20/2019

Beautiful venue, wonderful people, magical day!

We fell in love with Sky Armory the moment we saw pictures online, but once we walked through the doors and toured the building, met with Amy and Rachael, we really knew it was everything we wanted in our wedding venue. The staff is professional, helpful, detail oriented and make you feel like you’re the only couple they’re working with, when you know they have so much on their plates. Our event planner Rachael answered every question I had, thought of things that I would have never thought of and always provided quick feedback on anything I needed. She was with us the entire day and stayed until the very end overseeing everything and knew exactly what we wanted and that it went off without a hitch. She even delivered our cake, cards/ gifts and my veil to our hotel room so it was all there when we arrived back late they evening! Our wedding guests were blown away by the dinner service and the precise timing and efficiency as our plated dinner meals came out for over 200 people!!

It’s a magical venue with beautiful twinkle lights, exposed brick with classy charm. I can’t say enough good things about our entire experience with Sky for the 15 months we worked with them in our wedding planning process. You will not be disappointed. Check them out today! Wonderful place, even more wonderful people to work with! THANK YOU SKY!!!

• Audrey

Audrey R · Married on 07/13/2019

Perfect rehearsal dinner

We used Sky for our rehearsal dinner and everything was perfect! The food came out fast and hot and everything tasted delicious. We were on the second floor and it fit 80 people with no problem!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • ashlyn

ashlyn · Married on 06/29/2019

Truly Impressed!

Two of my best friends tied the knot this past weekend (06.01) at Sky and I(bridesmaid) felt the need to write a review to let not only Sky's owners/staff, but people considering Sky for their own wedding/event venue, how impressed and pleased I was with everything! The event staff were pleasant, professional and polite!

Rachael, Sky's onsite event planner/coordinator, was incredible! Having an event planner/coordinator that works for and is paid by the venue is a HUGE bonus in my opinion. (As someone who recently planned my own wedding, I had to hire a separate event planner/coordinator and make sure she was familiar with my venue was an extra step that took more time and money. I would've loved to have a planner/coordinator exclusive to the venue.) She went above and beyond to help make Katrina(bride) and Miles' (groom) vision come to life! Wedding planning and the events themselves can be (and usually are) extremely stressful with many contributing factors– Money, time invested with planning, unexpected curveballs like the wrong color bridesmaid dress, and occasionally, difficult family members. Rachael did everything in her power to make sure all questions and concerns were addressed/handled from day one of booking the venue to the very last minute with the awesome sparkler exit!

Food tasted amazing! The cocktail hour was great, they had a variety of hors d’oeuvres that were passed by staff and a beautifully set charcuterie table! If I tried one of each I wouldn't have had enough room for dinner and dessert! Dinner was served hot and looked great too! I had their filet mignon and loved it! Filet can sometimes get overcooked out of fear it won't be cooked enough, but it was perfect! The dessert truly made me drool.. the crème brûlée was to die for and I wasn't the only guest who thought so, as the staff had to replenish it multiple times! I had seconds and thirds! :-)

I could go on and on about all the amazing things Sky Armory and their staff have to offer to make anyone's wedding/event amazing! I can only recommend that you reach out to Sky and let them show you themselves!

Sent on 06/03/2019

SKY Armory's reply:

Thank you so much much for your kind word and we had a blast working with them! We wish them a lifetime of happiness!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/22/2019

June 2019 Wedding

Rachael and the entire SKY team made our wedding an absolute dream come true. I never thought I’d be the cliche bride saying “It was that best day of our lives”, but it truly was just that. We were a little nervous living 4 hours away and planning a wedding (thinking we had no idea what we were doing), but she made everything so simple and never made us feel like we were asking too many questions - and we (I) had A LOT. After all of the planning and our day finally arrived, we knew we were in good hands. Rachael would check in on us to make sure we were good with food, drinks, etc. and never overbearing or pushy in any way.

Many guests commented on how good the food/desserts were and that it was a nice change from your typical “banquet hall” wedding. Our guests kept the bar busy, but they were staffed well and there were minimal lines all night, including cocktail hour. Major props to Jae and Anne and staff!

Lindsey’s in-house floral designs for the centerpieces were perfection! She used my Pinterest boards and somehow managed to combine all my favorites together into something beautiful. Due to “inclement weather” and a “rainy Spring”, my florist (bouquets only) had claimed the day before our wedding that the anemones I had been dreaming of were not usable. After telling Lindsey this, she was so sweet and gave me some to bring back to my florist!

I could go on and on about our perfect night and do not have any complaints from our start-to-finish experience with SKY. Everyone we worked with (mostly Rachael, Lindsey, Nicole) had fun and fresh ideas and we really valued their knowledge and expertise, especially in a lot of the design elements. Wish we could do it all over again and cannot wait for the upcoming wedding we will be attending next year!!

• Shannon

Shannon · Married on 06/14/2019

Love sky armory

SKY was amazing. They made the entire wedding planning process methodical and stress-free, yet also highly customized to our vision for the day. Choosing SKY as our venue was the best decision we made!

• Dan

Dan Nieman · Married on 03/23/2019

Easy to work with!

Working with Sky Armory made planning our wedding reception incredibly easy. Everyone we worked with was responsive when we had questions and they were always helpful when we had questions. The planning process is very easy, through meetings, a food tasting, etc. Sky made it easy to choose from the many decor options and food they offer. A few weeks out from our wedding we needed to start working with a new coordinator, Rachael stepped in and made the transition seamless. On the day of our wedding, Rachael was always there to make sure we were on schedule and that we had what we needed! Special shout out to Jae and the culinary team. The food was delicious and they were so helpful in accommodating guests with dietary restrictions.

Sent on 06/09/2019

SKY Armory's reply:

Thank you so much for the review and we loved working with you! We are VERY lucky to have such a talented team here at SKY. Wishing you all the happiness!
  • Paula

Paula Mulholland · Married on 01/26/2019

Actual Dream Wedding

Smooth and stress free start to finish, they set you up with everything you could ever want on your big day! Perfect timelines to keep you in track, amazing list of vendors to help you choose from, always easy to contact if you have questions or need advise along the way. Amazing food. Great location. We had so many guests tell us it was the best wedding they’d ever been to, and well, we tell everyone it was even better than we thought it would be!

Sent on 02/16/2019

SKY Armory's reply:

Thank you Paula - we so enjoyed being part of your day and creating memories. Much happiness to you both.
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Corraidno · Married on 01/12/2019

Breathtaking, Delicious, and Humbling

Our winter wedding was made magical by the crew at SKY Armory. The whole process was fun, exciting, and EASY! Katie (our coordinator) was timely, had incredible advice, and as impossible as this may seem -- made us feel RELAXED while planning our wedding. The food was to die for, and all of our guests are still raving about it - three months later. When you see the venue, keep and open mind because they can truly decorate it to match anything you have in your minds eye. We couldn't have found a more perfect venue to get married (the first floor) and have our reception (the second floor) -- not to mention it is so convenient for guest since there are multiple hotels in walking distance as well as nightlife for the after-party. Hurry up and book your date! You won't regret it!!!

Sent on 04/11/2019

SKY Armory's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and we loved working with you! The entire team at SKY wishes you all the happiness in the world!

Morgan · Married on 12/01/2018

December 1st wedding

SKY Armory created out dream wedding. I could not imagine a more perfect day. Katie and the team were absolutely amazing with making the planning process smooth and stress free.

Sent on 01/02/2019

- Katie
  • Billie

Billie · Married on 10/27/2018

A dream come true!

I recently had my wedding at SKY Armory on October 27, 2018 and it was a dream come true! Everything I could’ve ever imagined was made possible by the team who works at SKY. Katie was our wedding planner and she made everything so simple! The day couldn’t have happened without her or the rest of the amazing team who works there. Communication was so easy via their online portal and in person meetings. The food, drinks and desserts were all delicious, the photo booth was so much fun, and the decorations were exactly what we pictured! All the planning leading up to the wedding was also a breeze! The day of went so smoothly thanks to Katie and our event coordinator. I was so nervous but having Katie there making sure things went smoothly was a comfort. Truly a fairytale wedding at a gorgeous venue.

Sent on 12/04/2018

SKY Armory's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. No one had any idea of the incident the night before or that Kevin was feeling under the weather. Very happy for both of you :)

-Katie

Jacqueline A · Married on 10/06/2018

Sky knocked it out of the park!!

I had my wedding reception at Sky in October and it really surpassed all of my expectations. When we first came to look at the venue, I immediately knew it was the one. The elegant atmosphere and quality of everything was what stood out most, and my heart leaped when I first walked into a staged reception of some other fortunate couple. The planning was honestly seamless and relatively stress free. Our wedding planner Katie Sipple was fantastic and took care of every single little detail which made it “our wedding”. Although I know how wonderful they made events look- the night of our wedding surpassed my imagination!! Sky exuded class, sophistication and world-class customer service. Everything went off without a hitch (except for the photo booth being over looked). From the food, to the decor, to the amenities, and our wonderful team of dedicated staff- I would highly recommend Sky Armory for any event! They elevate event planning and execution in Syracuse. It was a one-of-a kind experience and we are elated with the outcome: which was a wonderful time had by all!!!

Sent on 11/26/2018

SKY Armory's reply:

Thank you for your kind word. We were so happy to be part of your special day! We wish you many years of happiness.

- Katie

Jack · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing Experience

Sky Armory and the entire team there was incredible to work with in planning our wedding, and even better on the day of our wedding. When we began planning our wedding we knew we wanted to do something different than a hotel ballroom, and after attending a holiday party at Sky we looked into booking our wedding reception there.

The planning process with Sky was great as they took the time to get to know us, and what we were looking for. One of the great things about Sky is that they have so many options available from table clothes, to centerpieces, to food choices, that you get to truly personalize your wedding to you. We were able to tell them design elements that we liked/disliked or had seen on pinterest and they were able to incorporate those elements into our wedding for us. The hardest part of the entire process was picking the food options, as they were all fantastic at the tasting we attended.

The day of our wedding the team at Sky had our floor set up perfectly. All of the staff made sure to check in on us throughout the day to ensure we had everything we needed. We have received many great compliments from our guests on their time at Sky. We are so happy that we chose Sky Armory for our reception venue.

Sent on 12/03/2018

SKY Armory's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Jack! We enjoyed being a part of yours and Meghan's special day. We hope to see you both soon at another one of our Pop Up dinners! We wish many years of joy and happiness. Cheers!
  • Ryan

Ryan · Married on 08/18/2018

A Transformational Venue...

My husband and I couldn’t have chosen a better venue to host our wedding ceremony and reception. From being an LGBTQ friendly venue, to the amazing planning process with our event planner, Katie, to our actual event, everything was as smooth as promised. Our day was truly special. It is amazing how they can turn the space into whatever your hearts desire, our guests are still raving. Highly recommend! ❤️

Sent on 11/26/2018

SKY Armory's reply:

We were so happy to be part of your special day! I am definitely thinking of warmer weather and Cape Cod on these cold winter days. We wish you many years of happiness.

-Katie

Trista · Married on 06/23/2018

From the very infant stages of your planning all the way up to your big day, SKY always, always, always makes you feel at ease. My husband and I were lucky enough to have my sister as our wedding coordinator, so she was able to help us pull together a lot of the outside details that our venue wasn't really responsible for. However, if she hadn't been there, we would have been in good hands as SKY provides all of its clients with a handy tool kit, including a list of preferred vendors, a detailed Excel template to keep track of guest list details, and a wonderful timeline built to your exact wedding date. Every couple is assigned an event planner who schedules five separate meetings leading up to your big day to make sure that your special day is everything you dreamed it would be. I loved having the opportunity to become familiar with the venue, and I loved our planner, Katie! Her customer service skills are impeccable and she was an absolute life saver on our Wedding Day. She was always there making sure that I had everything I needed and making sure that we felt great about everything. The room was stunning, the food was amazing, and the service was incredible. SKY absolutely exceeded our expectations and delivered a fantastic evening for all. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to other Syracuse brides at all! Thank you for making sure our special day was everything and more than we hoped it would be!!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Katie · Married on 06/02/2018

Ideal wedding venue!

Absolutely STUNNING venue! So much included with the price, on site ceremony room, and beautiful reception spaces. We have heard nothing but positive experiences from our guests about everything from the staff, the food, everything! And the location was ideal! Within walking distance of two hotels, and a very short drive from one other. Could not have been more thrilled with our overall experience. They helped make our special day absolutely perfect.

Sent on 12/08/2018

James · Married on 05/25/2018

Of all the choices we made during our wedding planning, SKY Armory was far and away the best. We knew from the outset that finding a venue capable of executing our Harry Potter theme was going to be a hurdle, and the team at SKY blew us away time and time again, meeting after meeting. They are so good at what they do that it, that, on more than one occasion, it made us uncomfortable when a friend or relative would say "It must be stressful coordinating *fill in the blank*" and, on our end, that was something that Katie and SKY team had already taken care of for us. The level of service they provide is unparalleled in nearly any service experience I've ever had or witnessed. We're almost a month removed from the day, and still getting texts daily about the food. The theme exuded class, and managed to completely dodge any of the tackiness that it might have had, had a lesser designer arranged it. If you're looking for a venue, your search ends here. It was everything we wanted and more, and we could write a ten page review on all of the subtlety and amount of little things that the team at SKY does to make your event perfect. In our opinion, if you book any other venue in central New York, you've made a mistake.

Sent on 06/20/2018

Dorien · Married on 04/28/2018

We loved everything about working with Sky Armory for our wedding, which was in April 2018. The staff was so attentive, kind, and professional, and the end result was a dream come true. Thank you!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Samantha · Married on 03/02/2018

SKY Armory was the best choice I could have made for my wedding venue! From the moment I went on a tour of the venue I knew I had to book it and man am I glad I did. They set up meetings throughout the planning process that are very helpful and that helped me plan things I didn’t even know I had to. My event planner was Katie and she was AMAZING! Every question I had she answered right away and followed through with everything she said. The day of the wedding she was there for anything we needed and she also brought my husband and I appetizers and drinks throughout the night. If she didn’t I don’t know that we would have even been able to try any of them. She also boxed my dinner up and brought it and all the gifts to our hotel room at the Jefferson Clinton Hotel. I was so appreciative and grateful after the wedding when we were surprised to have it all there for us. Another thing is that my room layout was to a T exactly what we talked about and that they mapped out for me. It was unbelievable how perfect it was. Also the decorations were stunning, all of my guests were blown away. My guest also keep raving about how wonderful all of the food and drinks were! All in all you have to book your wedding/event with SKY and if you do trust me you will not be disappointed. They are by far the most professional people to work with!

Sent on 03/31/2018

Jonathan · Married on 12/09/2017

SKY Armory shined in all aspects of hosting our wedding reception - from the early stages of planning through the very end of the night. The standouts were the decor and food, both of which were customized with helpful guidance by the staff who did an excellent job respecting our budget and tastes. They truly brought our vision for the evening to life, and provided a seamless reception experience for our guests. Most importantly during the planning stages, they made suggestions as to how we could shape the menu, bar offerings, cocktail hour, decor, etc. down to every last detail if we wanted to, without any pressure to add any costs we didn't think necessary. There we no inflexible "packages" or "tiers" as we encountered at other potential venues, and we were welcome to incorporate our own decor pieces, etc. The featuring of local food and beverage was a highlight for us and our guests as well. Our planner, Chelsea, was with us every step of the way with quick responses and resolutions even as we planned the entire wedding from out of town. We couldn't think of anything that SKY could have done better after the reception was over!

Sent on 01/02/2018

SKY Armory's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure to plan with you, thank you for letting us be part of your special day!

Samantha · Married on 11/05/2017

Chelsea was amazingly helpful and patient !

Sent on 11/28/2017

Lisa · Married on 09/01/2017

I couldn't be any more pleased with the service I received from Sky Armory. Everyone was courteous and professional. The chef did an amazing job with the food. I received several calls from guests telling me it was one of the best meals they had. The wait and bar staff were incredible, ensuring that all the guests needs were addressed in a timely fashion. Chelsea did a great job in assisting in our event planning. She tried to keep everything as stress free as possible. I would highly recommend Sky Armory for any event.

Sent on 09/14/2017