41 Reviews for SKY Armory

Dessert (2)
Plated (2)
China (2)
Parking (2)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Clean Up (1)
Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
31 SKY Armory Reviews

From the very infant stages of your planning all the way up to your big day, SKY always, always, always makes you feel at ease. My husband and I were lucky enough to have my sister as our wedding coordinator, so she was able to help us pull together a lot of the outside details that our venue wasn't really responsible for. However, if she hadn't been there, we would have been in good hands as SKY provides all of its clients with a handy tool kit, including a list of preferred vendors, a detailed Excel template to keep track of guest list details, and a wonderful timeline built to your exact wedding date. Every couple is assigned an event planner who schedules five separate meetings leading up to your big day to make sure that your special day is everything you dreamed it would be. I loved having the opportunity to become familiar with the venue, and I loved our planner, Katie! Her customer service skills are impeccable and she was an absolute life saver on our Wedding Day. She was always there making sure that I had everything I needed and making sure that we felt great about everything. The room was stunning, the food was amazing, and the service was incredible. SKY absolutely exceeded our expectations and delivered a fantastic evening for all. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to other Syracuse brides at all! Thank you for making sure our special day was everything and more than we hoped it would be!!

Profile Picture Trista, 6/23/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor

Of all the choices we made during our wedding planning, SKY Armory was far and away the best. We knew from the outset that finding a venue capable of executing our Harry Potter theme was going to be a hurdle, and the team at SKY blew us away time and time again, meeting after meeting. They are so good at what they do that it, that, on more than one occasion, it made us uncomfortable when a friend or relative would say "It must be stressful coordinating *fill in the blank*" and, on our end, that was something that Katie and SKY team had already taken care of for us. The level of service they provide is unparalleled in nearly any service experience I've ever had or witnessed. We're almost a month removed from the day, and still getting texts daily about the food. The theme exuded class, and managed to completely dodge any of the tackiness that it might have had, had a lesser designer arranged it. If you're looking for a venue, your search ends here. It was everything we wanted and more, and we could write a ten page review on all of the subtlety and amount of little things that the team at SKY does to make your event perfect. In our opinion, if you book any other venue in central New York, you've made a mistake.

Profile Picture James, 5/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved everything about working with Sky Armory for our wedding, which was in April 2018. The staff was so attentive, kind, and professional, and the end result was a dream come true. Thank you!

Profile Picture Dorien, 4/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

SKY Armory was the best choice I could have made for my wedding venue! From the moment I went on a tour of the venue I knew I had to book it and man am I glad I did. They set up meetings throughout the planning process that are very helpful and that helped me plan things I didn’t even know I had to. My event planner was Katie and she was AMAZING! Every question I had she answered right away and followed through with everything she said. The day of the wedding she was there for anything we needed and she also brought my husband and I appetizers and drinks throughout the night. If she didn’t I don’t know that we would have even been able to try any of them. She also boxed my dinner up and brought it and all the gifts to our hotel room at the Jefferson Clinton Hotel. I was so appreciative and grateful after the wedding when we were surprised to have it all there for us. Another thing is that my room layout was to a T exactly what we talked about and that they mapped out for me. It was unbelievable how perfect it was. Also the decorations were stunning, all of my guests were blown away. My guest also keep raving about how wonderful all of the food and drinks were! All in all you have to book your wedding/event with SKY and if you do trust me you will not be disappointed. They are by far the most professional people to work with!

Profile Picture Samantha, 3/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

SKY Armory shined in all aspects of hosting our wedding reception - from the early stages of planning through the very end of the night. The standouts were the decor and food, both of which were customized with helpful guidance by the staff who did an excellent job respecting our budget and tastes. They truly brought our vision for the evening to life, and provided a seamless reception experience for our guests. Most importantly during the planning stages, they made suggestions as to how we could shape the menu, bar offerings, cocktail hour, decor, etc. down to every last detail if we wanted to, without any pressure to add any costs we didn't think necessary. There we no inflexible "packages" or "tiers" as we encountered at other potential venues, and we were welcome to incorporate our own decor pieces, etc. The featuring of local food and beverage was a highlight for us and our guests as well. Our planner, Chelsea, was with us every step of the way with quick responses and resolutions even as we planned the entire wedding from out of town. We couldn't think of anything that SKY could have done better after the reception was over!

Profile Picture Jonathan, 12/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Chelsea was amazingly helpful and patient !

Profile Picture Samantha, 11/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I couldn't be any more pleased with the service I received from Sky Armory. Everyone was courteous and professional. The chef did an amazing job with the food. I received several calls from guests telling me it was one of the best meals they had. The wait and bar staff were incredible, ensuring that all the guests needs were addressed in a timely fashion. Chelsea did a great job in assisting in our event planning. She tried to keep everything as stress free as possible. I would highly recommend Sky Armory for any event.

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We had our wedding at SKY Armory, and couldn't have been happier with the choice. SKY did such a great job accommodating our requests and made the night absolutely amazing. With SKY, you receive a complete team of professionals that will make planning less stressful. Chelsea, our event planner, worked with us through the entire process and eased our worries anytime we began to panic. Jennifer helped with the design process and did a great job of letting us know what decisions would work and what wouldn't. Chef Chris is a master at creating the most delicious food combinations that will leave you and your guests wanting more. Chef Anne brought my wedding cupcake tower to life and made it so elegant we hesitated to cut the cake! Janet created our signature drinks which were a huge hit, I personally loved my ‘I Do’ creation. We received so many compliments about the decorations, especially the signage created by Corey who will provide beautiful calligraphy on mirrors! Overall, our guests really enjoyed the modern atmosphere and were impressed by the quickness of how dinner was served, no one was kept waiting. SKY Armory is a company that truly cares. Even the president, Nicole Samolis, would stop by during our meetings and on our wedding day to check in with us. Our wedding was certainly a night to remember and SKY was a huge reason why. So, if you want your wedding day to be perfect, go with SKY!

Profile Picture Clarissa, 7/21/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, All Inclusive Packages, Indoor

I cant thank The Sky Armory enough for everything they did for my husband and I. From the very start of the planning process, everyone we spoke to was easy to work with, friendly, accommodating, and essentially amazing. For a person who has had quite the busy schedule over the last 2 years, the whole wedding planning process was made easy because of The Sky Armory. I've told almost everyone I know that I can't even count the number of times I was told yes, of course, absolutely, we can do that, ect, ect. After talking to many many people after last Friday, I can tell you that pretty much everyone has said some form of the following: "Best Wedding Ever!" From the service, to the food, to the decor, everything was spectacular. It was exactly what I wanted and just the type of wedding my husband and I were hoping for. Jul 7, 2017 was seriously the most fun and memorable night of our lives and I cant thank everyone enough! :)

Profile Picture danielle, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was 06.24.17 at SKY Armory and it was amazing! SKY was so easy and fun to work with throughout the year to plan our special day. The staff at SKY are amazing. They always went over and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. Chelsea and Jen were the best to work with. They always put my mind to ease and helped me with every aspect of planning our wedding. The food and drinks were also amazing and the Chef was so easy to work with. He paid attention to every detail to make sure the food was just exactly how we wanted it. Our day was literally perfect thanks to SKY. We can't wait until we get to attend a wedding at SKY or to plan our next event at SKY.

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding was an absolute dream. We truly had a magical day and Sky made it happen. We had our ceremony and reception there and could not have asked for more. Our guests loved the venue and raved about the food and decor. The staff were all amazing and extremely helpful during the planning process and day of. Our vision was brought to life and we loved every second. I wish we could relive our wedding day all over again and I would book Sky in a heart beat!

Profile Picture Michelle, 11/4/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were just married at SKY in September. It was the most perfect event we could have ever imagined. This past year of planning was so much work, but walking in to the space on our wedding day, it was all of that work, and then taken to an entirely new level. It came to life before our eyes.
We also had a day-after brunch at SKY for our out of town guests, and that was also amazing. They repurposed much of our decor beautifully.

Chelsea Brodhead was the perfect coordinator. She was level-headed and straight-forward. She is quick to respond to emails throughout the year, and is always up to date on your event. She encouraged me to relax and have fun when the day actually came, and I could! She is exceptional.

Jennifer Christopher, decor and floral, was immediately a great participant in our planning. She knew very early on that my goal was to use live hops for our beer-themed wedding, not artificial, in our decor/floral. Not only was she not daunted by this, the experience seemed to interest her. She went above and beyond to help us keep these giant plants alive for 4 days at SKY so that we could have them!

Esther, the pastry chef, I am so impressed by. When we saw our cake that evening, it was one of the times I almost cried. It was the most elegant wedding cake I have ever seen. (And it was DELICIOUS).

Jason Jessmore, the chef, received so many compliments from our guests. As the couple planning, what is really unique about SKY is that they don't give you a list of menus to choose from- they custom make the menu to your likes! You have a meeting with Jason where you discuss your favorite foods.
Overall, it is so nice to not have to go searching for so many vendors, at SKY you get your venue, your planner, your catering, your cake, and your decor

A huge thank you to SKY for our perfect wedding day!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

SKY Armory is an extraordinary venue to have a wedding. The location, atmosphere, staff and food were flawless. From day one, they helped plan my dream wedding without missing a beat! I recommend SKY Armory to all couples who are planning a wedding.

Profile Picture User7577252, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

There are very limited venues for wedding in Central New York, and we wanted to make sure it was a unique venue and a venue in which we didn't need added vendors. They do it all and make it easy to have a wedding or any function there. We had our wedding rehearsal dinner and our reception there. Our wedding coordinator made it a stress free wedding day, food was amazing, the smallest details weren't overlooked, and they accommodated all requests! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture User6240236, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I could not have imagined a more flawless day for our wedding! SKY Armory went above and beyond my expectations. The food and drinks were amazing, all of our guests were satisfied. I can't thank the staff enough for all of their help in making our day so perfect!

Profile Picture Janelle, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience with SKY Armory was above and beyond our expectations. The SKY team really has it together and produced an incredible wedding for us. From the pre-planning, tastings, all the way through the big day, it was perfect. We HIGHLY recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Nick, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

Sky was the perfect place for our wedding. I had a very specific vision in my head of what I wanted, but had no idea how I was going to have everything I wanted. Sky was the only venue we looked at. As soon as we walked in I could see the wedding I had been dreaming of. The space was perfect. Everyone we met with throughout the process was awesome and listed to what we wanted and made it happen. They were wonderful to work with, and everything is so personalized. We had a meeting with the designer, the chef, the bartender. They were able to make it everything we wanted, not a menu to pick off of or anything "typical". Everything about weddings that I didn't want, they had already taken care of (no coffee cups on the table settings, a plan for the long lines at cocktail hour etc) The tasting event was a perfect start to getting super excited for our wedding. To be able to try your menu that you helped design and try the cocktails that you want featured and to see what the tables and your reception will look like made the experience so much more. Our wedding coordinator was absolutely amazing and made the day perfect. my new husband always had a drink in our hand and was able to try the food and actually eat dinner. The space looked exactly like what I had always imagined and I couldn't believe how perfect it was. The staff at our event was amazing (my mom even got pictures with a lot of the servers because they were so great!) We had the most amazing wedding and everyone who was there still talks about how it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I can't say enough good things about this venue and the staff and everything about sky. It was literally the best day of my life and I cannot think of 1 thing I would have changed. I highly recommend having your wedding here.

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

PART ONE- We selected SKY for several reasons: space to accommodate 200+ guests, had a place we could have the ceremony, great food, willingness to work within our budget, and location near hotels and bars for after the wedding. Overall, our experience was incredible, and our wedding was amazing. We are so glad we chose Sky as our venue. Let me break it down:

Venue:
We decided to rent the whole building (which comes at a cost as they are capable of having two weddings at once). The team assured us that we wouldn't hear any other weddings going on, but we spent the money to rent everything. We ended up having the ceremony on the 1st floor, the cocktail hour on the 2nd floor, and the reception on the 3rd floor. We also had our brunch the next day on the 2nd floor. A note on the bathrooms- so clean. The bridal bathroom was locked and big enough for 10 of us to wait for the ceremony to start. They also provided the emergency kits in the women's room. It is wheelchair accessible and has an elevator, also accessible to the parking garage next door. The interior of SKY varies by floor, however the staff can make the room look any way you want.

Decor:
Jennifer was excellent with the decor and worked with our Pinterest board and made the real thing so much better. We did not want to spend a lot on decor and they were not only able to accommodate our requests (and we changed our minds several times) but also offered their expert opinion on what we needed and could live without. We were hesitant on the hanging bubble candles, however they looked amazing the day of the wedding and flowed with the whole room. They know what they are talking about, even though we second guessed a lot. (continued...)

Profile Picture Kristin, 11/14/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor

Excellent space and staff willing to help make your day as perfect as possible.

Profile Picture User4763621, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We decided to go with Sky Armory after our initial meeting with Chelsea. Not only did they offer an "off-season" price, but the customer service was spectacular since day one. Chelsea was available to answer ALL of our silly questions and keep us on track. Sky Armory and Chelsea took the stress out of wedding planning. Also, shout out to the chef - you my friend, are phenomenal!

When our big day finally arrived, everything was PERFECT. Chelsea and her team treated us like kings and we had the best experience imaginable. I'd do it all over again!

Profile Picture Adam, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had an amazing reception at SKY. We planned our wedding from out of state and SKY was incredibly helpful with the entire process. The venue was beautiful and they accomodated every request and adjustment we made along the way. My husband and I could not have dreamed of a more perfect day!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I really enjoyed my wedding at Sky Armory and all my guests did too. They did a great job of making the venue space beautiful, the food delicious, and the evening memorable. They did everything possible to make sure that we were comfortable and had a great night. They even brought all our gifts back to the hotel for us which was great. We did fund the chef to be a bit stuck up and off-putting - but his food was amazing. And half way through the planning process we were handed off to a new planner without any communication as such. But at the end of the day, everyone, including the bride and groom had an amazing. memorable time.

Profile Picture User5424093, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
4.7

Sky was really appeasing to anything we wanted. We signed a contract with the venue while it was under construction since we were confident it would be done. Their time line was pushed back and we were cutting it close to having to relocate the reception. Minus some small hiccups and eye sores it was perfect. The food is phenominal, the staff basically says yes to anything you want and will help as best they can. Our wedding was perfect thanks to the beautiful venue. The value for the quality of food is just amazing!

Profile Picture Brandis, 11/7/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our dream was to have a gorgeous, sunny, outdoor reception with breezes blowing through the flowers. It turns out with that kind of reception costs spiral out of control, it's a lot of work, and in CNY you never know if it will rain (which it did). None of those things were concerns at SKY. Once you pay the space rental, you are in total control of the cost and their staff help guide you through the process. If you want to DIY, you can. If you want them to take care of everything, they have pros on staff who can do it. In our case, we made our own centerpieces and SKY set them up for us. Their chef is excellent. He could easily have his own downtown Syracuse restaurant. We went with an upstate NY themed menu, and he delivered food that actually impressed guests, didn't just feed them. It was great to sit down with our families and taste the menu beforehand too. Seriously, can't say enough about the chef. The rest of the staff on the day of was also awesome. There is one lady whose whole job is to run around and do things/get things that you want. The venue, as an organization values local CNY stuff so that means a lot too. Our only complaint would be that there were some changes in their structure throughout the process so we weren't always 100% sure on the price and some details but it all ended up being exactly what we asked for and more than we expected on the day of. If you want planning your wedding not to consume your whole life (and savings) but still have a distinctive, delicious reception, we recommend SKY.

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 7/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables