Skopelos at New World Reviews

View more information

4.3

• Anite
    Anite C. Married on 12/22/2019

Really great customer service!!!!!!

The best customer service a bride and groom could ever ask for. Nancy and stuff were so helpful at our wedding took good care of us and the guests. The food was on point too. They worked well with the venders we hired as well. Do really recommend them for sure.
  • Michelle
    Michelle L. Married on 06/20/2019

Aboslutely amazing

On June 20, 2020, my fiance and I were priveleged to get married at Skopelos at New World. I say privileged because it truly is a privilege to use this facilty. A month before our wedding Nancy reached out to me because her venue became available, and she worked tirelessly to help me fit this venue into my budget. She gave many welcomed suggestions. Her staff went above and beyond, not only for my fiance and myself, but our entire wedding party and families. From the front desk ladies, to John the man who wears 5 hats, to GIGI, and her side kick. I feel bad, but I can't remember his name. They spent time setting up our tables, bringing in extra table and chairs. Dori would open up for us to bring and drop items off before the wedding, and we enjoyed the most amazing Brunch after our wedding. I'm telling you the entire staff is absolutely amazing. Whenever a problem would arise, they would jump in and help fix it immediately. Between Nancy, Dori, Gigi, John, and the rest of the amazing staff, my day wedding week was perfect, and would could not have been happier. You will not be disappointed choosing Skopelos at New World!!!! Michelle Leitner Fry
    Keith Married on 03/10/2018
    THE TOTAL PACKAGE!! Rooms were very nice, especially the bridal suite. Rehearsal dinner was great. Ceremony in the courtyard was picturesque. The reception rooms were very nice and well equipped for any event. Best of all the personal customer service was really good. Nancy was very accommodating and sweet. My daughter's wedding went off pretty much without a hitch. What attracted us to this venue over others was that they offered just about everything, so we didn't have to hire too many vendors. We were very satisfied and would recommend this place to anyone.
  • User2971556 2+ years ago
    New World Landing was a great choice for my reception venue!
  • User1366449 2+ years ago
    My guest have not stopped talking about how delicious our wedding food was. All of our guest said we had the best wedding food out of all the wedding they have ever attended. The venue is breath taking yet very affordable. The location is wonderful and just a few streets away from the water. Selecting this venue for your event will not leave you disappointed.
    Kelly Married on 07/16/2016
    This venue was fantastic! The staff was amazing and super friendly. The food is amazing now that Gus is the chef. Plus the inn attached is beautiful and has great pricing! I loved that I could get ready there and have rooms for family and friends.
  • User2325053 2+ years ago
    I am in love with this location. They have been so willing to help us with our change in date and all the dreams we have for our wedding day. The coordinater is very flexible and nice. They have so many amenites and are well priced. There are also so many options and rooms to choose from.
    Articia Married on 08/30/2015
    Nancy is great! She is so helpful and this venue has so much character, I fell in love with it from the moment I set foot inside.
    Lindsey Married on 05/19/2012
    Amazing chef!! Our food was the highlight of the night. The chef at New World is so wonderful, he took time to sit down with me and create the perfect menu, within my tight budget. He made sure that every detail was taken care of. The event manager at the hotel was a little ditzy and sometimes hard to get ahold of, but overall they are a wonderful catering service. The food was absolutely divine.
    Rose Married on 11/05/2011
    I am so glad we picked this venue. We had a wonderful experience! Thanks to Nancy and her crew for making our evening magical!
    Kasey Married on 03/07/2015
    The place was very nice and the staff was extremely helpful but I was a little lost as to what was included in my package.
    Alecia Married on 08/31/2013
    Nancy and her staff were amazing to work with. I was nervous because I had switched my venue about 8 or 9 months out, but quickly Nancy and her staff put my nervousness to ease. The reception hall was lovely and the food was AMAZING!!! Even now, almost 3 months removed from my wedding day, when I run into people they comment on how beautiful our ceremony was and how the food was the best food they ever had at a wedding. The Fried Chicken was juicy and crispy, the pork tenderloin was tender and perfectly seasoned. The chef and kitchen staff were amazing. Even the vegetables, the greens and the salad were awesome. The mac and cheese, everything we had was delicious and they listened to what we wanted and did not just cook how they cook for everyone else.

Also the room accomodations were a plus as well. Having my family right at the venue with a friendly, helpful staff was a huge weight off of my shoulders. Every room is different and we really liked that. I must have called the inn at least tweice a day for 2 months just to check on rooms and guests and make changes or get updates, but everyone was very friendly and very helpful.

The venue comes with everything, your tables, chairs, tablecloths, chair covers, table ware, glass ware, food, and service. Cash Bar or Full Bar depending on your preference. They also have a beautiful courtyard outside for cocktail hour or other events. Some one is always available to answer any question big or small.

My husband and I were VERY SATISFIED with our choice. They made everything easier for us. I would truly recommend them to anyone!!!
    Chris Married on 05/12/2018
    We rented the British room which was more than enough room for our semi-small wedding. The room itself is large but just a conference type room, but with the right decorator it was turned into the perfect space for our ceremony and reception, be aware we ran into a couple charges we weren't aware of 2 months before the wedding (labor costs are not included with the rental). Ms Nancy worked with us on designing a timeline, coordinating our wedding day, and selecting the right foods within our budget for our guests. Ms Georgie took care of serving us the day of and she was on point with everything and never missed a beat. They are definitely willing to work with you on most things, but they do have some things that cannot be changed, such as caterer and no outside champagne for toasts. Overall everything was great at this venue.
    Veronda Married on 09/06/2015
    Very pleased with our Wedding Reception on 9/6/15. The food was delicious and I appreciate Nancy making my Wedding Day Special!!!
    Michelle Married on 09/06/2014
    I loved this venue. The room was beautiful. We had our rehearsal dinner here. The staff was very friendly and attentive to our guests. We selected a buffet. The food was ok...a little cold once we got to eat it though. I was slightly disappointed about that. And the tables they sat us at were a little small...little cocktail tables that sat 4 people so it felt crowded. Nancy, was very nice and such a great help during the planning process though.
  • Kristina
    Kristina Married on 10/13/2013
    Our experience was a roller coaster of emotions. We had issues with professionalism, unclear pricing, and communication. I was almost certain that less than a month before my wedding I would have to find a new venue. I expressed my deep dissatisfaction and everything ended up working out. The day of the wedding, everything was PERFECT! Nancy and her staff made sure we had everything we needed and were virtually unseen. At first, I wouldn't have recommended this venue, but Nancy did everything she could to make us happy!
  • User1808565 2+ years ago
    Beautiful venue and great food! Only issue I had was it was hard to contact them and they has another wedding going on the same day and kept confusing me with the other bride.
  • User1641594 2+ years ago
    We were not every happy with this venue, there were complete strangers and children in our reserves spaces, the children were jumping around on our things, we never received our champagne the event coordinator left half way through, we got up from dinner and they cleaned the plates and food immediately no one had a chance for seconds or to go back and finish what was left the venue itself was nice but overall service was poor.
    Brooke D. Married on 09/05/2020

Do not do not have your wedding here

I just had my wedding at Skopelos and it was a huge mistake. The only good part was that the food was excellent and the servers were very nice and efficient. The coordinator and management was very unprofessional and had the worst communication I have ever experienced. Nancy Nester was supposed to help us plan and be there the day of to help organize things. She did not speak to me or my husband one time the entire day to see if things were going okay. She waited until last minute to finalize our details and never returned any of my phones calls throughout the process. She also gave us all the wrong information on timing and their event information. We had the ceremony in the courtyard and we were told we would have it until 5:00 p.m. at 4:00 p.m. they told us we had to have it cleaned up by 4:30 when we were still doing pictures and trying to enjoy our day. I was very disappointed with our experience and I will never have another event here ever again!!

Skopelos at New World's reply:

We are both incredibly sorry and surprised to read your review. While it's of course nice to know that you enjoyed the food & service on your wedding day, we're very sorry you felt there was a lack of communication with Nancy. No one here had heard of any issues before this review, and in fact had only heard compliments the day of. It's very saddening to read how you quietly felt; especially on such an important day. We apologize profusely again for any communication problems leading up to your event, but wish you and Jonathan a lifetime of happiness together.