Sixth Floor Reviews

47 | Milwaukee, WI

47 Reviews for Sixth Floor

Johnnie Mae Ashley · Married on 09/11/2020

Bride / This was my wedding it was the best and most wonderful experience i have ever had.Thanks clay you're the best

The 6th floor was perfect for my wedding it was very spacious for my wedding, reception hotel, dance floor and bar with kitchen also with a back door entrance so the food was delivered without any problems what more can i say with great hospitality and clay is just the right person for the right moment. THANKS SO MUCH I WILL NEVER FORGET.😆😆😀❣

Sent on 09/20/2020
  • Melanie

MELANIE · Married on 07/25/2020

Wonderful experience!

Chai was very helpful an accommodating through this pandemic. Ensuring that the place was safe for us and our guest we truly appreciate his help! The sixth floor venue, was a perfect match for us considering that you're able to bring in your own outside food. Which was very important to us because we were having a traditional Nigerian wedding and didn't want the normal banquet food that's offered at hotels. Highly recommended you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/11/2020

Avanlieshout · Married on 07/12/2020

Great space and location

Clai is AMAZING and the space is perfect! Clai responds right away and will make sure the space is perfect for what ever you're planning. Thanks for the great time!

Sent on 02/13/2020
  • Starlisha

Starlisha Keith · Married on 05/24/2020

Wedding of my dreams

I am so excited that I am holding my wedding here. I have everything that I was looking to get out of a wedding venue here. Clai is AMAZING! I am able to use my own caterer and bring in my own bar!!!!! This was my unicorn!!!!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Sixth Floor's reply:

You both are wonderful and I cannot wait to host this! I better keep doing well haha! Look forward to seeing you both soon!!!!!!
  • Amber

Amber Gordon · Married on 05/08/2020

Sixth Floor

The staff was very responsive and did what they could to ensure that our day was great! It was fantastic having our room right in the same place as our reception. People were able to nap after dinner and come back and dance the night away!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Rodrigo

Rodrigo Santamaria · Married on 05/05/2020

Memorable!

The staff of the sixth floor was excellent. The whole wedding was flawless. Elegant, fun, modern, spacious and affordable. These is what you get with the Sixth Floor. I would totally recommend this venue if you want to have a night to remember.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Katie Biank · Married on 03/10/2020

Amazing, affordable, and responsive venue!

If you are looking for a beautiful and affordable wedding venue, look no further. The 6th floor is a gorgeous event space that can contain the ceremony and reception all in one. Hardwood finishings with white curtains and walls that can transform to your choice of color with lovely uplightning. Then you also get Clai, who is incredibly responsive to any questions and able to help you fit the venue to your needs. Since this is one of the few "bring your own" wedding venues, you can use this amazing space with your choice of vendors.

I highly recommend the Sixth Floor. You will not be disappointed if you have your wedding in this classy wedding venue.

Sent on 10/11/2020

Sixth Floor's reply:

You are too amazing thank you so much we loved having every single one of you we wish you nothing but the best!

Eliabeth Jamieson · Married on 12/05/2019

Fell in love with the Sixth Floor

My name is Elizabeth Jamieson and my husband Thomas and I had our beautiful reception in the SIxth Floor. We are both from Chicago but met in Milwaukee and we have always had a great connection to the city. Since the time we booked our wedding we were so impressed with the service from Claiborne that even up until the day of our wedding he was calling to make sure I was doing great. We cannot thank Claiborne and his team enough for not only creating a beautiful venue but making our day perfect. Our family and friends had a marvelous time. We will highly recommend the Sixth Floor and hope that they have continued success. Thomas and Elizabeth Jamieson

Sent on 05/26/2019

Sixth Floor's reply:

Omg we just saw this thank you both so very much we loved working with both of you ! Hope life is amazing!!!!
  • Nevenka

Nevenka Braovac · Married on 11/23/2019

Mother of the bride

The most beautiful venue by far in the most beautiful location, the heart of our city. Clai and Joannh were as accommodating and helpful as one could possibly be. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Marlene

Marlene Murphy · Married on 10/12/2019

Excellent and very professional

The Sixth floor is an awesome place to have any type of event. We had our wedding on 10/12/19. Let’s just say it was all I could’ve dreamed of. Clai is excellent with helping and giving suggestions. He was readily available for the event for questions or to just help. Can never thank you enough.

Sent on 10/14/2019

Annette · Married on 09/21/2019

I had my daughter engagement party at The Sixth floor on September 21, 2018, and it was amazing. From the time I meet with Clai to book the venue until the actual event was awesome. Clai and Liz were so professional, positive, helpful they answered all my questions. I called Clai a lot with so many questions and he was always readily available and understanding. The day of my event was awesome Liz was so amazing to me and my family and guest. She laughed and talked with us she made sure we had everything we needed. Dawn was awesome as well if I needed something she was there any questions she answered and she was awesome to me, my family and guest. My daughter was some excited she loved the venue and she loved the staff. I would recommend the Sixth Floor to anyone looking for an elegant venue and professional and caring team. Thank you all so much I had a blast and will do business with you guys in the future. Clai and Liz are awesome business team call them today they are awesome.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Sixth Floor's reply:

That is one heck of a review! I know Liz had a great time with you and your daughter and family I am so happy everything was perfect! This made my day I just love what I do and if we can make people happy then that is what it is all about!

David Kosak · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing Venue!

The sixth floor is such a unique venue and is so beautiful! With a ton of space and nice open floor plan, the venue can really be whatever you want to make it. It is so affordable compared to other wedding venues and the fact that you get to provide your own caterers and your own bar really can save you a ton of money in the long run. Located in the heart of Downtown Milwaukee, the location is as beautiful as the venue itself!

Clai, who runs the venue, is the best! We were from out of town so we needed to have constant contact with him and his responsiveness and helpfulness were all top notch. He really was an instrumental part in helping us plan our special day and we could not have done it without him!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Laura Gottschlich · Married on 08/25/2019

Wedding Delight!

Our experience at the Sixth Floor was beyond amazing! We loved that our wedding reflected our personality to a tee and Claiborne was so easy to work with. Our family and friends loved the space and I loved that the people that wanted to boogie the night away had a place that was separated from our guests that wanted to catch up. Loved, Loved, Loved It!!!!!

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 08/10/2019

Gorgeous downtown venue!

When choosing venues, The Sixth Floor was the first one we visited and just walking in, I knew it was "the one". The place is so spacious and absolutely gorgeous! We chose The Sixth Floor because of the endless options. We were able to cater our own food and provide our own alcohol and set up the beautiful space in any way imaginable. Clai is wonderful to work with. He is friendly, knowledgeable, and truly loves what he does... and it is so evident! He is willing to do anything he can and answers calls, texts, and emails in record time! Our guests raved about the venue and our wedding and it will always be such a beautiful memory to us. Sometimes you just have to just go with your gut and choose the first thing you fall in love with!! Thank you to Clai and The Sixth Floor for making all of our dreams come true!

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • kaycess

kaycess · Married on 07/27/2019

Sixth floor Milwaukee

If you're looking for a venue that has everything to offer you and want this is great location if your clueless and where to look for vendors to assist with decorations catering or anything of that nature they have so many great referrals trust me you won't be disappointed. Clai is the go to dawn is so helpful staff was amazing

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Allison

Allison Rose · Married on 07/20/2019

The sixth floor downtown I highly recommended

I want to thank you clay for making our wedding beautiful and peaceful thank you for making me happy and always happy to help us answer all our questions, and my picky husband was very happy, u was good to my family friends and most u treat us like your friends and that meant a lot to us and I would recommend you to my friends and family who’s getting married. Thank you so much our wedding 7/20/19 was wonderful...

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Shazzon

Shazzon Roach · Married on 07/20/2019

It was definitely worth it and my husband and I was very happy with everything.

I got married 7/20/19 and my experience was great , the owner Clay was so amazing and sweet he made my special day really special and the venue was absolutely beautiful my guests and family was really excited and happy about everything thank u so much clay for making our wedding a wonderful day ❤️❤️❤️❤️....

Sent on 03/24/2020
  • Nate

Nate Kornblum · Married on 05/11/2019

Unique and Beautiful Downtown Venue!

Clai and his Sixth Floor Team are amazing! He even took the reigns when my wedding planner fell through. The guests complimented how kind his team is and how unique and beautiful the venue is. I held a 100 guest wedding, and they never had to leave - which is exactly what I wanted. Once the ceremony finished, the room easily turned into cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. Clai is extremely easy to work with, and always responded to me within hours. So glad we pick Sixth Floor as our Venue!!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Gordie Gohr · Married on 01/30/2019

Happy FOB - 1/5/2019

I’d like to send out some well-deserved high-praise to Clai Green and the Sixth Floor. The venue floor-plan comfortably held our 200+ guests. Each unique area performed specific purposes throughout the night and served as perfect settings for our celebration. As FOB, I was host, decorator and nervous dad all rolled into one tux. Clai couldn’t have been more hospitable in granting us convenient access for the set-up, tear-down and orchestration of the logistics for my daughter’s wedding reception. We have received nothing but compliments from all who attended. We all are so pleased with the staff, cohesive vendors and cooperation shown from this professional crew.

Gordie G.
    Happy FOB

Sent on 01/30/2019

Andrea A · Married on 01/05/2019

Happy Bride!

Loved working with the Sixth Floor for our wedding. The event space itself is a blank slate- white walls & natural wood- made for a beautiful backdrop for our wedding theme! And those windows... loved them, especially for the dance floor, very romantic and fun. The space comfortably held our 200 guests, while still feeling intimate. Working with the Sixth floor was great too, Clai was awesome, and always had me so excited for our big day with every detail and design decision we planned!!

Sent on 02/01/2019

Jennifer · Married on 11/03/2018

Best day ever!

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at the Sixth Floor on 11/3/18. Everything went flawlessly. I seriously can't name a single thing that went wrong. The staff was exceptional! I worked with Liz and Clai up until my wedding day. They were always extremely responsive whenever I had any questions. Both were present during the big day and Clai even stayed until the very end. The room flip, which was the part I was most nervous about, went perfectly according to all of my guests. I was nervous that my guests were going to be in the way while the staff flipped the room, but it all went perfectly. Many of my guests told us how much they loved the venue. They also loved the fact that they didn't have to leave for a couple hours until reception time. The only time they left the venue was to get appetizers which I provided in the Plankinton Room on the third floor of the hotel. Everyone had a great time at the wedding. I would highly recommend using Sixth Floor for your wedding or any other party. The staff is accommodating, helpful, knowledgeable, and the venue is very affordable and looks really nice! The best part is that you're able to bring in your own food and alcohol if that's what you prefer. The husband and I decided to buy all the alcohol and hire our own bartenders. It REALLY cut costs and still allowed us to give our guests open bar. You can't go wrong in choosing Sixth Floor as your venue.

Sent on 12/08/2018

Sixth Floor's reply:

We did not expect these wonderful words! Thank you Jennifer and Melvin, I love what I do and so does Liz so it makes me so happy when a couple is happy with their wedding! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness. Clai and Liz!

Ciera · Married on 10/27/2018

Modern MKE Wedding

Wow! We had the best night of our lives. Clai was there the entire ride. We met him for a tour over a year ago and we immediately hit it off and put a deposit down since spots were filling up. Clai and Liz are extremely responsive day or night and think like true planners. What we loved most is that they pay attention to the smallest details and they are professionals in the wedding industry. They know all sides from catering to floral. We felt comfortable with the layout of the venue and the flow of the service. We are so please and grateful for this journey and we could not thank Clai enough for making our day so special.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Sixth Floor's reply:

Shut the front door with this awesome review! Wow to you and your gang ! What a great night and so much amazing dancing ! The older guy I take it was your uncle saved for hours lol it was amazing ! May god bless you both for an incredible life journey!

Judy · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutley beautiful

Clai was very easy to work with. We had 300+ guest and he made sure to accommodate the space! He made everything smooth and made our special day perfect! Thank you! I will definitely recommend this venue to anyone interested! Thank you!

- Judy

Sent on 10/28/2018

Sixth Floor's reply:

Judy you make me smile so much with this review cause you know I love what I do! I wish You both so much love and happiness!

Lori · Married on 09/15/2018

The Sixth Floor

Clai at the Sixth Floor is wonderful. He was quick to respond and help with anything that I needed. The venue has a unique floor plan which was fun and not like most other hotel spaces. The great thing about this place is that you can bring in your own vendors for everything. We had a few days to setup the venue which made our reception beautiful. We got married at a park nearby but if it would’ve rained they would have set up our ceremony there which is a huge relief to have a plan b at no extra cost. I would definitely recommend Clai and the Sixth Floor.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Sixth Floor's reply:

Thank you and your new HUBBY for choosing us we had a very nice time and your family and friends were a blast ! Thank god for late night pizza delivery! Clai and Liz
  • Y

Yoshiko · Married on 08/18/2018

Clai and Liz were awesome the venue is beautiful and is the perfect Milwaukee spot to celebrate love. I could have not imagined a better venue.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Sixth Floor's reply:

That was so sweet we enjoyed both of you and your guests! We even loved the fact you wanted your wedding to end at 10pm so you both could relax and enjoy the evening ! Great meeting both of you and thank you ! Hope your lives are filled with joy and happiness ! Claiborne and Elizabeth