Sir D's Catering Reviews

30 | New Cumberland, PA

30 Reviews for Sir D's Catering

Hannah · Married on 03/17/2018

Sir D's was hands down the best choice we made in the wedding planning process. We worked with Brittney and the communication was excellent! She worked around our schedules to plan meetings and tastings, and answered my countless emails promptly. Leading up to the day of, she put us at ease and had all of the answers to every single question we had! On the day of, we showed up, and everything was even better than we could have imagined. The food was INCREDIBLE and the guests won't stop talking about it! Everyone went up for seconds. We chose the Beef Bourguignon and Mediterranean Chicken as our main entrees from the long list of options they had. The bartender, Andy, was awesome and kept all of the guests happy, and made the two of us feel like celebrities when we would go to the bar, as he already knew what we wanted! The staff day of also juggled everything else while personally catering to us - bringing us appetizers and serving our meals to us even though we had chosen a buffet! At the end of the night, as guests trickled out and headed off to bars, the staff quickly cleaned up and helped my parents consolidate all of our centerpieces, wrapping up the wedding seamlessly.

We could not have chosen a better caterer!

Sent on 04/10/2018
  • Kirsten

Kirsten · Married on 12/28/2017

Sir D's Catering was FANTASTIC when they catered my wedding in December. My husband and I live in Alabama but planned our wedding back in PA (where home is for both of us). Calla and Britteny made planning from 16 hours away easy. I was absolutely thrilled with their ideas, cooperation, timeliness and professionalism. My family ended up doing the tasting for us and had nothing but good things to say and everyone raved about the food at the wedding. Britteny was great even when I was making last minute changes the day before, I could not have asked for a better team to work with.

Sent on 01/05/2018

Tracy · Married on 09/10/2016

Absolutely the best caterer! We were looking for something a little different for our outdoor wedding and chose Sir D's because they offered a clambake, which we love seafood! It was delicious! We also had passed hor d'oeuvres and two stations. Their potato latkas are awesome! The staff was always professional and super responsive, they even helped with items that were outside the catering. It was incredibly hot out the day we got married, but if Sir D's staff was bothered by the heat it never showed. Everyone was great to work with and the food was incredible, our guests just raved about the food. We're so glad we chose Sir D's and highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/14/2016

We had a wonderful experience with Sir D's Catering. They were always responsive and very flexible. The food was delicious! I would definitely use them again!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Rachel · Married on 08/30/2015

Over all we had a very great experience with Sir D's! They were always very responsive, and flexible about meetings. The food was delicious! It was also a great value compared to other caterers we had looked into. I would definitely use them again for an event.

Sent on 09/10/2015

diane · event on 06/27/2015

Nikki did an incredible job of setting up the room as well as the food and beverage. The event was to be outside and it rained so everything had to be inside..she did not panic and made it work...she worked well with the vendor..everyone is still talking about how nice it was.the food was incredible..we were extremely pleased

Sent on 06/30/2015

Katie · Married on 03/15/2014

We had Sir D's cater both our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. They were absolutely wonderful to work with, very reasonably priced, and professional. The food was fantastic for both events! We had so many people tell us after the wedding that the food was delicious and by far the best "wedding food" they had ever had. We highly recommend Sir D's.

Sent on 03/30/2014

Jill · Married on 04/13/2012

I used Sir D's for my catering and they also did my centerpieces. They were very flexible with my request to do food stations. Everyone loved it and people are still making comments to me about how good everything was. I had pretty specific ideas for my centerpieces and Meghan made them even more beautiful than I had hoped for. Awesome value to have Sir D's handle food and centerpeices! Thanks Don, Carla, and Meghan!

Sent on 05/02/2012

Megh · Married on 09/10/2011

Sir D's is an amazing group of people to work with! They were willing to work with our wants and needs, were flexible with our menu and time schedule, and provided AMAZING food for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding! Our wedding happened after the flooding and they were MORE than kind and helpful throughout, they were looking into firehall kitchens or churches to rent in the case that they were shutdown due to the weather! On top of all this, their prices were much lower than other quotes we received! I would recommend Sir D's to everyone and anyone - they are A++++!

Sent on 11/18/2011

Briana · Married on 09/03/2011

Food was amazing and an incredible value! They were set up and ready to go before the set time. E-mail correspondence was always quick.

Sent on 10/22/2011

Megan · Married on 06/11/2011

Sir D's Catering did an AMAZING job! They were so easy to work with and always professional. They coordinated the linen rentals and worked with our venue to make sure the day went perfectly! Our guests raved about the food and the cocktail hour even weeks later. If you are looking for a quality outside caterer, please consider Sir D's, we are so glad we did!

Sent on 07/08/2011

Diana · Married on 09/20/2008

Sir D's Catering was a great vendor to work with. Don and his team did a fantastic job! They don't try to sell you something you don't want. Not pushy, and they really do work with you to make sure you and all your guests are satisfied. And, the food is GREAT!!!!!

Sent on 10/01/2008

Katie · Married on 12/08/2007

THANK YOU!!! We are so grateful that we chose Sir D's Catering for our wedding - you all were so awesome. From being patient with me as I changed my mind almost daily, to putting together the wedding of my dreams, to making sure everything ran smoothly, all while keeping a sense of humor. I couldn't have asked for a more professional, fun-loving staff. I thank you all with all my heart and appreciate the wonderful memories you've given me.

Sent on 03/12/2008

Nick · Married on 05/28/2016

We had a great experience with Sir D's. They were responsive and accommodating, and their food and service were outstanding.

Sent on 06/02/2016
  • User5381999 · 2+ years ago

Everything was very good. I never hired a caterer for an event like this (1st Wedding Anniversary party).
    I was pleased with everything. The event was held outside, picnic style, so the only thing I would ask is for
    them to include ice underneath the cole slaw and potato salad dishes. It wasn't a real hot day, but if it were,
    I would be concerned about spoilage. I am happy to give Sir D's 4.9 stars out of 5.

Sent on 08/26/2015

allison · Married on 10/31/2014

Sir D's Catering provided amazing service, absolutely delicious food, and treated my now husband and I like we were royalty. The wedding world really takes people for their money, however Sir D's gives you high end quality service at a great value. We got so many compliments on the quality of the hors d'oeuvres to the buffet dinner, I couldn't t have been more happy! Besides the couple, the guests are going to remember the food and fun they had... Sir D's made our wedding an unforgettable experience for us and all our guests.
    Alliy and Kevin

Sent on 11/10/2014
  • Morgan

Morgan Anne · Married on 05/26/2019

Great communication for a family owned buissness

Sir D's was one of our venues preferred caterers. We were having a big wedding (175) and wanted an affordable option, that was still a served meal with a classy vibe. We did a tasting with one other caterer, and chose Sir Ds because of their yummy food and their great coordinator, Brittney. We went with the chicken chessepeake (seasoned chicken breast and crab cake) and braised beef along wiht a vegetarian and kids meal. All of our guests raved about the entrees, however, I felt that the broccoli and potatoes were both underdone as sides.

Brittney was great to work with! From coordinating our tasting to the day of the wedding, she took care of everything. The bartenders and catering staff were all wonderful and made sure we, as the bride and groom, were taken care of.

Overall, I felt the food was pretty good, served very well and quickly, and loved the customer service at Sir Ds.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Paula · Married on 10/11/2014

Sir D's Catering is a very good and reliable crew for any bride to work with. You cannot beat the quality and prices that Sir D Cartering offers and as a bride, you can feel confident that Don and his staff will WOW your guests.

The only reason why I did not give Sir D's Catering 5/5 is because of our experience with Rebecca, a coordinator who no longer works there. Alexia (Rebecca's replacement) and Don are both great and easy to work with!!

I decided that I wanted a "his" and "her" buffet at my wedding. My wedding was the first time that Don had ever attempted this idea, but from the point of view of the bride, it was executed perfectly by his staff.

Don went through every detail with me to ensure that him and I were on the same page and to make sure that there would not be any problems with our his and her buffet.

It was important to me that on my Husband's side, the caterer use his families Italian recipes... I was so relieved whenever Don agreed to do so. In fact, at the tasting, my now husband was like, "there is no way he will be able to execute my fathers clam linguini properly so he better be prepared to take some criticism".... and my husband was like, oh my, this tastes exactly like my fathers!

At and after the wedding, our guests were raving about the food especially the, egg plant rollatini, Mac & Cheese, and corn off the cob. This was all in part due to Don's amazing skills.

Sent on 11/10/2014
  • F

F · Married on 09/28/2013

I hired Sir D's for my daughters vintage barn wedding because ( unlike the others) the owner Don LISTENED to me.. he saw our vision for the day and did not disappoint!!
    The Sir D's crew ROCKED it!!! I did not have to worry about a thing the whole day .. they had it covered.
    The food was outstanding, service was top notch and the bar tenders were perfect for our crowd.
    We received many compliments on the food and the presentation was beautiful
    Thank you Sir D's!!!!

Sent on 10/02/2013
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 08/19/2017

I mostly had a great experience working with Sir D's. They were very available on the phone (I was planning from a distance) and always got back to me right away. Their staff was professional and helpful on our wedding day and the food was good.

They don't get 5 stars because they caused some stress the morning of my wedding. They did set-up the night before when originally they had said they would be there the morning of by 8am and I was counting on them to be there to let me into our venue since there was no onsite venue coordinator at our venue (Overlook Mansion in Harrisburg). It was a Sunday and Sir D's office was closed and I only had the office number, so there was no way to get hold of anyone and I waited outside for 40 minutes until I got hold of our venue contact who opened up for us. I think that was mainly a lack of communication due to our venue, but since they've worked with the venue before I was displeased with that.

But overall, their service the day of the wedding was good and we were pleased with everyone we interacted with.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Sir D's Catering's reply:

Annie & Christian,
    it was so wonderful to work with you two! thank you for the review, and we apologize for the confusion on the morning of your wedding. we would NEVER want any bride to be stressed. it was a lack of communication on my end, and with the venue. (like I said before, that venue is a bit tricky with coordination) But with all that aside, I am glad you enjoyed your day. Thanks again, for letting us be a part of your big day! :)

Melissa · Married on 06/28/2014

3.5

Sir D's did an amazing job catering our wedding! The food was absolutely delicious and I received many compliments on it. Sir D's worked with us to plan the perfect menu for our guests. I worked with Rebecca Gerard, who was very flexible and accommodating as far as meeting with us and making sure we had everything we needed. She was quick to respond to my many emails and was very organized and helpful in making decisions about the logistics of the reception. Sir D's is well prepared for doing weddings as they have many years of experience. We did have a few day-of mishaps, as expected, but overall the day went perfectly.

Sent on 07/10/2014
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/07/2017

Sir D's catered the brunch at my parents' house the day after our wedding for our wedding party and families. The food was phenomenal and the fact that they come in and set everything up, and then come back to clean up and pick up was outstanding. Thanks for making our lives so much easier after a crazy weekend!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Brittany · Married on 06/22/2014

Working with Sir D's was pretty easy. Their food was incredible, everyone loved the appetizers especially! They were professional and have a pretty good value for their service.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Kathleen · Married on 06/06/2015

3.0

Nikki and Alexia did a wonderful job coordinating every detail for our cocktail and reception and took every precaution to assure we were organized and on the same page. They even communicated with our vendor and wedding planner to assure they could accommodate our request.

Sent on 06/21/2015

Karen · Married on 10/27/2012

3.0
      3.5

For our October 27, 2012 wedding, my husband and I choose Sir D's catering for our event. Planning our menu and event with Meg was very easy and enjoyable. She was easy to work with, and very quick to respond to emails and questions. They were also very flexible with planning the menu. Their food is amazing, and we have already reccomened them to other family members.

There are only three criticisms we have with them. The first is that you must use their bartenders for your event. Every caterer is different as far as what they include and what services they require you to get through them, so this was something we could overlook because of all the other great things included in our package.

We were also disappointed that they wouldn't let us keep any of the leftover food, but again, that is the same situation as above.

Our most serious criticism is that the servers at our event were not good. They were rude to some of our guests and very disorganized. My husband had to excuse himself from the reception to talk with the head chef.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Sir D's Catering's reply:

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your feedback. We addressed the issue with the server and she is no longer with the company. As for leftover food (and this is not directed to you I just want to clarify for others reading) we don't allow clients to take the hors d'oeuvres since they had been sitting out for a while without proper storage. We do however allow clients to take anything that was left on the buffet after dinner. Your meal was served thus the reason for no left overs.

Overall you were a pleasure to work with and I wish you both the best!

Thanks for your feedback!