sintalentos Reviews

30 | Los Angeles, CA

30 Reviews for sintalentos

Niko · Married on 02/07/2009

Dan Nishimoto (he pronounces it “Don”) was incredible. His work started with a meeting in which we discussed the kinds of music I imagined for all different portions of the event—the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dance party. Since I’m a musician I was concerned that he might have trouble with someone as opinionated and stubborn as me but he handled me skillfully and gracefully. He asked me to make a preliminary playlist consisting of a range of different genres and moods to get an idea of where I was coming from. From that he pieced together an incredible night of music, using many, if not most, of my selections. Throughout the night he was gifted at reading the crowd and picking up on their slight changes in mood and he kept the party going with always the appropriate amount of energy: lively during dinner and thumping for the dancing. As someone who essentially designed the entire wedding with my wife and her family, I appreciated Dan the most because he took care of everything. He knew all the right questions to ask and dealt with equipment, power supplies, and transportation. He even visited the wedding venue a couple weeks early on his own time (which was in a different city!) to double check the technical requirements for his gear. He’s done this enough to really get it—that couples just want him to take care of everything and not have to worry about another set of minute details. But he’s also NOT one of those older, jaded, lifelong career DJ’s who’s lost the love of creating a great dance floor. A lot of amazing unforgettable things happened that day, but the dance floor moments with friends, family and my wife are my favorite memories. Best of all, I could tell that Dan was genuinely having a lot of fun too.

No brainer. Hire this guy.

Sent on 03/26/2011

David · Married on 06/28/2008

Planning a wedding can be fraught with stressful decisions. But after hiring sintalentos/Dan Nishimoto, I knew that I wouldn't have to worry about the music. We talked about what type of wedding we were having, and all Dan needed to know was how much we wanted people to dance. Answer: lots! And so they did! Plus unlike some other DJs, you can count on Dan to look professional and wear pants to your wedding. And not just sweatpants with an Ed Hardy t-shirt---though he's nice enough to sport that if you asked! P.S. Please don't :)

Sent on 02/24/2011

Christina · Married on 06/24/2006

Dan was such a blessing at our wedding. He was open to our music needs, filled in with his own brand of cool, played Neil Diamond for thenold folks ans was always sweet and available. Wish we could keep having big parties and keep hiring Dan!

Sent on 03/11/2011

Cavan · Married on 10/19/2013

We couldn't have found a better DJ for our wedding. We first saw Dan in action at a friend's wedding where he kept the dance floor packed all night. So we knew to call him up when it was our turn. Dan impressed us from the start with his meticulous attention to our music tastes - asking all the right questions, doing all the research on our attendees. I've been to plenty of weddings where DJs play songs that no one wants to dance to, but not Dan. He listens, watches and adapts the music based on the pulse of the party.

Sent on 12/23/2013

Rich · Married on 05/30/2009

Dan Nishimoto went out of his way to make sure our wedding celebration worked well and rolled smoothly. We had specific songs we wanted, and he provided them. He spun them throughout the night with care and consideration. We had specific announcements we wanted, and Dan fit them nicely into the evening. All was well done. Despite a difficult commute he was prompt, professional, and proficient. If you’re not into music, tell him what you want and he’ll provide. If you know your music, tell him exactly what you expect. Chances are he’ll know exactly your goal. It seems like he has a great background in music (including the cheesy or trendy stuff if you want it). He can really open ears to all kinds of rhythm & rhyme… stuff that would otherwise be overlooked. Dan, if you read this- thanks again! -Ivy & Rich

Sent on 03/30/2011