Simply Refined Events Reviews

25 | Scottsdale, AZ

25 Reviews for Simply Refined Events

Nicole · Married on 09/18/2017

We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding planner. Michelle was helpful with everything we needed her for and more, without being over bearing. She made our vision a reality on the day of our wedding and truly made our wedding day the BEST DAY EVER!! Michelle will hold a special place in our hearts forever and we highly recommend her to everyone. Thank you again!!
    -Nicole and JW

Sent on 09/22/2017

Kathleen · Married on 03/25/2017

Michele is wonderful to work with and did a fabulous job!! Thank you!!

Sent on 04/04/2017
  • Clare

Clare · Married on 03/05/2017

Michelle was absolutely amazing!! Leading up to the wedding she was great and my wedding went so smooth!!!! I would highly recommend her!!! She’s the wedding planner godmother!!! Michelle is a must!!!

Sent on 12/18/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/14/2016

EVERYTHING was amazing!! Best Wedding Coordinator in the business!! Our day had so many details and nothing was missed! Exceptional service!!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/01/2016

Michelle was well worth the investment of paying for wedding planning services and day of event coordination. If you want a stress-free wedding, I would highly recommend hiring Michelle for her services!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Jennifer and Ryan · Married on 10/25/2015

Michelle with Simply Refined Events did an AMAZING job. We entered the wedding planning process thinking we didn't need a coordinator/wedding planner, but started working with Michelle to see what she could add to our experience. We quickly realized that Michelle's contribution was not only valuable, but essential to achieving the experience we desired for our guests and ourselves.

We are a highly organized couple, but planning a destination wedding with our level of detail, just would not have been possible without Michelle. I highly recommend Michelle for anyone in a similar position.

In addition to the planning process, Michelle's day-of service was phenomenal. I just cannot imagine how we could have coordinated everything without her. We were fortunate to find her.

Sent on 04/28/2016

Sara · Married on 11/15/2014

WOW. I cannot say enough nice things about Michelle. She was truly the mastermind behind my perfect wedding weekend. She was a rockstar! She understood my concept and my personality (important) from the start, she was the BEST wedding decision I made besides the I Do's! She worked her butt off and got everything done right & perfect. I really got to enjoy my whole experience cause Michelle managed it ALL, 3 days of it. I never knew IF anything went wrong or there was a problem, Michelle was on it. My whole family loved her. I HIGHLY recommend Michelle for any event, you will not be disappointed. Very happy to be a reference.

Sent on 01/05/2015

Nicole · Married on 11/08/2014

Michelle is a God send and if you don't hire her for your event you are missing out on true excellence!

Sent on 11/21/2014

My wife and I had a small destination wedding in Hawaii in 4/2014, then a formal reception locally for our family and friends a few months later in 10/2014. Hiring Michelle Scarzone at Simply Refined Events was BY FAR the smartest thing we did for the reception. From the initial meeting, we were so comfortable with Michelle that we felt we had know her for years. She is simultaneously down-to-earth and professional. She is exceptional at her job. The time she saved us recommending a select range of vendors (i.e, catering, florists, photography, DJ) based on our preferences and personalities was simply priceless. She also works within the budget and is very clear and open about the costs. This was particularly appreciated since our wedding coordinator in Hawaii was rather awful in that regard. She also has a great eye for design. We received so many complements from our guests about how stunning the decor was the night of our reception. I must admit I was not involved in much of this part of the planning (my wife was kind enough to do most of this), but when I saw the room I was blown away. Michelle took our vague ideas of the colors and look we wanted it and made it into an eye-popping, fun, stylish, and beautiful room. The next day she made our backyard similarly stunning for the day after family brunch. The night of the reception itself, Michelle worked very hard and was on top of everything. The evening went so smoothly and was so much fun. Michelle has a saying on her website that she wants you to guest at your own party and enjoy it. Well, she means it and she delivered that experience for us perfectly. I cannot say enough good things about Michelle. Hire her with confidence. Should we plan another large event in the future, we would contact Michelle immediately.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Alexia · Married on 08/18/2014

If you are seriously considering a wedding planner/coordinator, contact SRE. My wedding was the most beautiful even of my life thanks to them. I did not have to worry about anything, since they were able to do everything for me on my wedding day. I could not begin to tell you how much better the whole planning process was having Michelle coordinating everything. Great service and great people! You will become friends with such a wonderful person working with you for months on end!

Sent on 09/01/2014

Ellen · Married on 07/19/2014

Michelle super patient and well worth her weight in gold!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Simply Refined Events (Michelle Scarzone) is amazing. We were fortunate to have Simply Refined Events for the entire wedding process: from begging design to brunch the next day. I highly recommend Simply Refined Events for any wedding planning needs. From the first meeting until the last guest left, our wedding was flawless, thanks to Michelle. She is very organized, detailed, and easy to work with. Michelle's resources are limitless, and this gives the bride a perfectly matched vendor list to choose from. Our wedding day was the most perfect day. My husband and I were able to relax, and enjoy family and friends without any worries.

Sent on 08/15/2014

Casey · Married on 12/08/2012

Michelle made the months/weeks leading up to and our actual wedding day completely stress-free! Whether it was her recommendation for a vendor, talking me thru the pros of cons when I couldn't make a decision or 'taking charge' when I needed her to, Michelle was awesome and very easy to talk to! Thanks again for EVERYTHING, Michelle!!!

Sent on 12/17/2012

Amanda · Married on 11/17/2012

Excellent service ! Couldn't ask for anyone better.

Sent on 12/22/2012

Cori · Married on 11/17/2012

Michelle was AWESOME !! If I could put more than 5 stars I would. As the Mother of the Bride who lives out of state, she made sure that I had nothing to worry about. She took care of everything and MORE ! My daughter's day went smoothly and without a hitch. It is a day that she (and I) will cherish forever. Thank you Michelle !!

Sent on 12/28/2012

lani · Married on 10/13/2012

Could not be happier. Have already recommended to friends. Wedding was perfect thanks to Michelle, couldn't have made it thru without her!!!

Sent on 11/14/2012

When my husband and I first started planning for our wedding the most important this we wanted was for all our guests to enjoy themselves. We didn’t want friends and family running around helping to set things up. We wanted people to enjoy our wedding as much as we planned to! That is when we decided a day of coordinator was the way to go.
    From our first meeting with Michelle we knew we were in good hands, we went over all the general information and soon realized there was a lot more to planning a wedding then we originally thought. Since I’m not originally from the Phoenix area I had no idea where to start when looking for vendors. Thankfully Michelle was able to provide me with names of vendors that she had previously worked with and knew would be able to fulfill our needs as well as our budget.
    Michelle was always available for phone calls and meetings, she was always on top of everything and one step ahead of what needed to be done. She really went above and beyond even helping with centerpieces (that looked beautiful) to make sure we stayed with our budget. Everything was super organized the day of, and if there were any hiccups we were unaware.
    Everything was great, we really had a beautiful wedding and thanks to simply refined events we were able to enjoy it worry free!

Sent on 09/20/2012

Sara · Married on 05/20/2012

Hiring Michelle with Simply Refined Events was the best decision I ever made. Since I was living in Virginia and getting married in Scottsdale, AZ, I needed help, and Michelle came to my rescue every time. Besides being one of the nicest people one could ever meet, she is completely professional, organized, and creative. I never expected Michelle to go outside her job description but she did and with total willingness to help me lower my stress. She put our wedding together with total attention to every detail and it was beautiful.

Sent on 05/31/2012
  • Ariane

Ariane · Married on 11/12/2011

The best decision my husband and I made was to hire Michelle to be our wedding coordinator! Michelle, in conjunction with Your Heart's Desire, coordinated our wedding in November. I had already hired the big vendors like catering and photographer, but there were so many things about putting a wedding together that I didn't know. I would have been lost without Michelle. My husband and I had chosen to have our wedding at a house and did not realize the logistics of bringing all the services in to a private residence. Michelle was on top of everything!! She worked with us doing site visits with vendors, identified things that we had missed and helped us finish them, and generally gave us the piece of mind that on the day of the wedding, everything would go smoothly. She helped us build the vision of our wedding to perfection!

The week of the wedding, the forecast called for rain, potentially making our outside wedding a disaster. I called Michelle and found that she had already been in touch with the rentals company we were using to discuss the possibility of putting up tents to keep the ceremony and reception dry and comfortable. She was always thinking ahead and making a back up plan.

During all the planning every bride has stress. On the day of the wedding, all my stress dissolved knowing that Michelle was there to handle everything. All the planning that she and I did payed off because the wedding went perfectly!! At least that's how it seemed to us and all of our guests because if anything did go wrong Michelle handled expertly without us ever knowing!! I never had to worry about anything or make any more decisions! I just enjoyed myself spending time with my new husband, family and friends.

Anybody that hires Michelle is guaranteed an amazing wedding. She is not only detail oriented and organized but she is a pleasure to work with. Her personality inspires confidence and she makes the planning fun. She is very real, down to earth and easy to get along with.

Sent on 12/19/2011

Ron · event on 10/20/2011

My recent private party was a wonderful success. The two chefs and servers , which were chosen by Michelle, were very professional and performed at top level. The gourmet food was fantastic and the decor was over the top. At the end of the evening everything was left just as they found it ... spotless. From beginning to end Michelle handled everything, which allowed me to fully enjoy the evening. I would highly recommend Michelle for your next event.
    Michelle many thanks again for all your hard work.

Ron

Sent on 12/18/2011

saralin · Married on 10/15/2011

I never thought I would be the kind of person to use a wedding coordinator much less be able to afford one. I got engaged shortly after my father and my husbands father passed and the last thing I wanted to do was have a long engagement where I had to plan all the details of my wedding. I wanted to just have something quick and small, but my husband thought I would have regrets if we just ran away and got married alone. (Which I would have). He took the initiative to contact Michelle and discuss our budget and vision for a wedding to see if it was something she could work with. We live in Texas but I used to live in Arizona and that's where I wanted to get married so it was going to be even more difficult planning this wedding remotely but an agreement was made and thus the planning began! Michelle had to deal with a groom only in the beginning because I didn't want any part of the planning...I just wanted to show up. I opened up later on but she still helped shape our wedding into an amazing and beautiful day filled with wonderful memories. All of our guests still tell us how much fun they had and how laid back everything was. We didn't meet Michelle until the week of the wedding so she organized everything from the venue, vision, ceremony, rehearsal dinner, weird family dynamics had to be taken into consideration, the menu, and all the details for everything! So I was not expecting things to go smoothly but they did and I had such an amazing time. She worked with our budget and communicated everything timely and appropriately. I couldn't have imagined this wedding without her and I am so thankful for getting to meet and work with Michelle! She is highly recommended by myself and my husband Phillip!
    Our wedding was planned in conjunction with Emily at Your Heart's Desire.

Sent on 12/30/2011

Betsy · event on 05/21/2011

Michelle did a fabulous job in planning and executing the party for our daughter's college graduation. The event was in our home. Michelle transformed our home into a festive affair. The catering was perfect, the set up and break down went without a hitch and the wait staff was the most professional group. Many of our guests commented on the friendliness of the staff. Glasses, silverware and plates were wisked away instantly and there was never unsightly clutter of used utensils, etc. The food stations were always full and refreshed, never picked over.
    Michelle, you are a doll to work with and I would be happy to act as a reference for you when potential clients are contemplating your services.

Sent on 01/05/2012

Lauren · Married on 12/09/2017

Michelle made everything run smoothly and she was a joy to work with!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Jen · Married on 04/23/2016

Always there when we needed her! She was able to communicate over the phone, via Skype, and in person as many times as we needed from the time of booking to the actual event. Great attitude and sense of humor which made it a stress-free planning process. Our wedding was beautiful and exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 05/05/2016

Sara · Married on 05/20/2012

Michelle Scarzone of Simply Refined Events provided us with the wedding of our dreams. She took care of every detail with professionalism and total organization, plus she went way beyond the job description to help me out. Michelle is one of the nicest people you will ever want to meet and made the made the whole stressful process easier than I thought possible, and I was planning our wedding out of state. My husband and I will always be grateful for choosing Simply Refined Events.

Sent on 05/30/2012