Love Story Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Jake
    Jake W. Getting married on 01/10/2022

Simply perfect experience :-)

Alan and his team were an absolute joy to work with on our special wedding day. Alan was professional, respectful and calming throughout the entire day, allowing us to truly be in the moment every step of the way and capturing the beauty of our love. We just recently received our wedding photos and are absolutely in love; we really feel like Alan captured our special moments so well! We will absolutely recommend Simply Perfect and use them in the future.
    Raylene C. Married on 05/22/2021

They don't disappoint!

I had my wedding at Rancho Las Fuentes on May 22, 2021, and my photographer Alan was amazing. I had a meeting with the owner, Alan, to go over details and specifics before booking, and he was very attentive, wrote down things that were important to both of us, and brought up special details that we hadn't even thought of such as; sunset time. He showed us his photographers work and we chose our photographer from there. Very professional, answered all calls and texts in a timely manner, and even asked if we needed help with other aspects of our wedding planning. As our wedding day neared Alan called to tell us that our photographer had a family emergency and wouldn't be able to make it, but that he would be filling in. Boy am i glad that he did, our guests and Venue owners were impressed with his attentiveness, energy, and personality. He NEVER took a break, he captured so many beautiful shots both posed and candid. He stayed in constant contact with us all night, asked what we needed, made sure we ate/drank, pulled us for different photo ideas, and was so lively. He was excited for us, and it felt like he was our friend more than photographer, it's very obvious that he LOVES what he does, and he has an eye on where to pose & how to pose. We haven't received our photos yet but from what he has shown us that night and the sneak peak he sent, i know were going to LOVE them. Simply Perfect Images is a great choice and their prices are not crazy, they truly think of their clients. We have walked away from our wedding day with a new family member...Uncle Alan!
    Hilly Married on 02/26/2021

Simply beyond perfection

Alan is the best in the business! Our wedding photos far FAR exceeded our expectations. His style appeased everyone from my classic portrait loving MIL to my candid, emotional self! He captured moments I get to relive again and details I missed in the whirlwind of the day! One of my favorite photos is of my dad giving me away, the emotion captured brings me to tears. Most photographers cannot truly capture the emotion that Alan did. Working with Alan was like working with family, having a COVID wedding was honestly a nightmare and I could not have done it without Alan or his lovely officiant wife (lovestoryvows). They (socially distanced) held our hand throughout the process & were even able to give wedding/vendor advice outside of photography/officiating which I really appreciated.
    To the stressed bride or groom that is combing through countless portfolios, let me tell you: Your search is over, you’ve officially found the best wedding photographer!!!
  • Kerin
    Kerin F. Married on 11/25/2020

Big Bear Wedding

It was a pleasure working with Alan for our wedding photos. He was always super quick to respond to my calls, texts or emails. Also, he was just the kindest person, always giving positive and supportive advice. Asking all the right questions and creating just a wonderful experience for us. I didn’t have to worry about a thing with him. Our pictures turned out beautiful and have really captured the love of our family on this special day. Thank you for everything!!
  • VANESSA
    Vanessa Z. Married on 11/21/2020

Simply Amazing!

We booked Alan as our photographer and Heidi, his wife, as our officiant. These two are the ultimate duo! Originally we were looking at another photographer but decided Alan and Heidi would make an excellent team for our elopement and we are so glad we booked them both! Alan's photography is clean, classic, and timeless. We absolutely loved our wedding pictures and highly recommend Alan for all of your photography needs! - Vanessa and Sean
  • Melissa
    Melissa V. Married on 11/08/2020

Simply perfect images from a simply perfect team!

THANK YOUs cannot begin to describe how awesomely supportive and terrific Alan and Heidi were during the whole adventure of making our dream day a reality. From our first meeting to discuss our grand ideas, up until our ceremony, they supported us endlessly and offered their full and honest advice about any little detail, no matter how big or small. They are incredibly good at what they do, so don't book your photographer until you book Simply Perfect Images!
  • Amanda
    Amanda G. Married on 10/11/2020

What a dream!

Working with Alan was incredible!

From the beginning he was so personable and enthusiastic. My fiancé and I were one of those crazy couples that got married during 2020 and Alan really helped capture the day beautifully.

Originally we had booked with another photographer within Alan’s business, but due to covid our photographer couldn’t make the planned day. Alan stepped in and covered the day for us and we are so grateful he did. Our pictures are absolutely beautiful!

We had the pleasure of having his wife Heidi @lovestoryvows as our officiant, and I feel like it really helped having our photographer be so connected to our ceremony script. It allowed for him to capture some really incredible shots during our ceremony.

The cost was great and they worked with us on a payment plan option.

Thank you so much Alan and Heidi! You both made our big day so much more special.
    Kayla P. Married on 09/26/2020

Uncle Alan is the best!

I can’t thank Alan and Heidi enough for their support during the wedding process. They were not just for the photos but they were family. I have only seen a few sneak peaks but the photos look amazing. Alan had so many great ideas and he surprised us with a cute sign with the information for the wedding. Simple Perfect Images were so flexible when I changed locations and dates for my wedding. Thank you again!
  • Toni
    Toni Married on 09/19/2020

Perfection

Alan not only took stunning pictures of our wedding but also provided amazing customer service and got our pictures back to us way quicker than I even thought possible. He was also a very calm and steady voice of reason amidst the chaos that was Covid and wildfires. We couldn’t be happier with our choice.
  • Vincent
    Vincent A. Married on 09/12/2020

The Icing on Our Wedding Cake

I don't like taking photos and I tend to shy away from public displays of affection. However, this was my wedding day and taking photos is part of the wedding day itinerary.

Thankfully, we were blessed with having Alan from Simply Perfect Images as our talented and patient photographer. What I like about Alan is that he is genuine and thoroughly seems to enjoy his work. Alan has an impeccable eye for capturing expressions that are, like him, genuine and sincere.

Our wedding day was a long day, but Alan patiently weathered the moments when the groom and groom were about to short circuit from stress! Alan is a photographer/therapist who knows weddings first hand and he somehow manages to keep not only the wedding couple calm, but himself calm as well.

This is the hallmark of a true and gifted photographer, one who knows that the secret of capturing timeless images is setting the mood. The mood Alan set for us was one that allowed us to breathe, relax, and enjoy ourselves.

All weddings have hiccups and almost never run according to plan. Thankfully for us our photographer did run according to plan and went above and beyond to keep our anxieties at bay in order to make our wedding day a true success.

Do yourself a favor and book Simply Perfect Images as your wedding photographer because your wedding pictures are the icing on the cake of your simply perfect day!
    Sandra P. Married on 08/08/2020

Incredible Photos

Alan was fantastic! We were married in the age of COVID, and he was so flexible with phone calls and possible last minute changes. He was so professional, and we were blown away at how beautiful the photos came out. We now have beautiful memories to cherish!!
    Rachel S. Married on 07/26/2020

A+! Highly recommend!

My husband and I are SO appreciative to have had Alan as our photographer! Not only did he take FLAWLESS photos of us but he went above and beyond to provide support as we navigated getting married during COVID-19. Alan is passionate about his work, is so kind, has a great sense of humor that just put us at ease, and he is extremely skilled at photography- you can't do better!
  • Audrey
    Audrey T. Married on 05/30/2020

Simply Perfect

When we met with Alan of Simply Perfect Images, we were truly impressed. He is kind, professional, delivers consistent quality service and was very flexible with us during this pandemic. We were very pleased with the quality of our wedding photos and could not have asked for a better wedding photographer. On top of all that, their services are offered at a very reasonable price. We highly recommend Simply Perfect Images!
  • Emily
    Emily B. Married on 04/18/2020

Amazing Photographer!!

Alan was our photographer through Simply Perfect Images. We ended up delaying our wedding ~4 months, and then cutting down from about 200 to 20 people due to Covid-related safety concerns. Needless to say, we needed our vendors to be very flexible, and Alan 100% delivered on that! When issues came up, Alan was able to handle them in stride, and he never made me feel like our changing plans were a burden to him!

We met in person when we first booked with him, and he made us feel immediately at ease. With all the changes, we ended up having a few extra phone meetings too, and he was incredibly reassuring in each meeting. In person, he was very accommodating. He wore a mask and tried to shoot from 6 ft away to ensure our safety. He worked quickly and was well-organized on the day-of, but also was able to roll with last-minute changes.

The day after the wedding he sent us a few sneak peeks at our photos, which was much faster than we expected! It was so special to be able to see the photos and share them with our family that couldn't attend so quickly after the ceremony. The photos themselves look incredible! My mom says they are the best wedding photos she's ever seen ... although she might be a bit biased!

Alan is extremely personable, kind, and overall easy to work with. He is an incredible professional, and we could not be happier with hiring him. He is everything you could want and more in a wedding vendor!
  • Casandra
    Casandra B. Married on 04/18/2020

Beautiful Photos & Fun Experience!

We had so much fun with Alan during our engagement shoot at the beach. The photos turned out beautiful and my fiance and I could not believe how wonderful every shot he delivered to us was just perfect and had its own story. Alan is a very creative photographer and made sure that we got some awesome shots. He made it very comfortable for us to just be ourselves and provided great suggestions on where to place our hands and selves, etc. He managed to get amazing sunset shots on a gloomy day at the beach. He is MAGICAL! We are so excited to have his team shoot our wedding, too. I will recommend Alan to everyone I know and we will have them do our future photos for other life milestones, as well! Thank you again! :)
    Danielle V. Married on 04/03/2020

Wonderful wedding

Simply Perfect Images captured our wedding perfectly! We are so, so grateful for their services. Our wedding happened during the start of the pandemic so everything completely changed and Alan was so flexible and genuinely focused on making sure we would get the gorgeous memories we wanted. He is so amazing and so talented! Thanks again,

The Valentins
    Hayley W. Married on 03/28/2020

“Simply Perfect” is the best name for their work!

Alan has been AMAZING since we met him! My fiancé and I hired him for our wedding and we decided to do an engagement session as well. Our photos came out “Simply Perfect”. I can’t wait for Alan to shoot our wedding day!
  • Laura
    Laura J. Married on 11/23/2019

Wonderful Wedding Photographer

My husband and I were so happy with having Alan as our wedding photographer - even from the very beginning! We met Alan when we went to a wedding expo in Los Angeles. To be honest, we didn’t get much from going to the expo, but we knew right away that we wanted him to be our photographer, so it was totally worth going just for that alone. He is so kind and easy to get along with/work with, and he even offered us advice on dresses, cakes, and videographers that he knows and works with. Alan goes the extra step to help you make sure you’re getting what you want, and shares his knowledge and experience of the world of weddings. My husband and I were very nervous to have professional engagement photos done (professional photos just didn’t seem very “us”), but he made us feel so comfortable and the photos turned out wonderful! It was also really nice having the engagement session with him because on our wedding day, seeing Alan was like seeing a family member and I was so relieved to see him with all my wedding day anxiety. Our wedding photos are so beautiful and we are so happy every time we look at them. The album that Simply Perfect Images created for us is just breathtaking and we couldn’t be happier with our whole experience.
  • Thomas
    Thomas B. Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing Photographer!

Alan is the best. My wife and I used him for our engagement photos and our wedding. We don’t usually don’t like getting our pictures taken, but Alan made us laugh and feel comfortable the whole time. He made the process so enjoyable that we ended up using him for our maternity shoot as well. Our pictures always come out looking great and we really have a great time with him. I highly recommend Simply Perfect Images.
    Stacey Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing photographers

Alan was great, he did our engagement shoot. They came out amazing, he made it so easy, I'm not great at taking pictures but he made it fun. We had Richard shoot our wedding. He was also amazing. He worked with us on poses and made our day special and fun. I'm really excited to see the pictures, I'm sure they're amazing.
  • I
    Ivy S. Married on 09/21/2019

The best ever!

Alan is amazing! The best photographer out there ! He is so nice, understanding, and very calming in stressful situations ! He captured my wedding day perfectly
    Kendra S. Married on 09/19/2019

Spectacular Photography

Alan is an incredible & truly talented photographer! I would recommend him to my closest friends & family so they can have the absolute best experience as I have had! Could not imagine my wedding without him! Amazing, kind, and deeply caring!
    Jenna Married on 08/24/2019

Simply Impeccable

Alan perfectly captured us as a couple! We love the non-traditional and he captured that in every way! Our theme was Galaxy, and Alan was so creative that we were blown away by the final images! Not only was he punctual and professional but he had a great sense of humor and generosity that worked so well with our entire family and guests! Alan was able to rally our quirky and awkward family together (which is no easy feat) to capture the most personable and fun photos that perfectly reflected us! Thank you so much Alan for capturing our beautiful memories! We loved the entire experience you had to offer! We were so grateful that you captured us as the silly, galaxy-loving couple we are! Thank you thank you thank you!
    Jacqueline Married on 08/08/2019

Best Photographer!!

I found Alan on yelp and knew by all the amazing reviews he was going to be great. Him and his lovely wife Heidi who officiated our wedding were absolutely wonderful to work with. He was so kind warm and friendly and made us both feel so comfortable and at ease during the whole process. We can't thank him enough and we have so many beautiful photos to choose from we just couldn't be any happier. Thank you again for a 'Simply Perfect' day!!! XO
  • Brianne
    Brianne R. Married on 08/02/2019

Absolutely Incredible

Alan and his wife were wonderful to work with. Alan had so many great ideas for photos and they turned out beautiful. He made us feel like family.