Simply Entertaining Reviews

45 | Tallahassee, FL

45 Reviews for Simply Entertaining

45 Simply Entertaining Reviews

Tracey · Married on 07/21/2018

Robin and her team at Simply Entertaining...the best! I shared with Robin our colors and our desire for a simple, elegant affair and oh my goodness she delivered. I trusted Robin as the expert and she gave us excellent food and a ceremony space and reception space that were everything i wanted and more beautiful than i imagined. I held back tears when i saw our reception space. In that moment i felt Robin put a little of herself in the space she created for us. I once again felt her passion (very obvious in talking and meeting with her that she loves what she does) and i felt what i previously shared with Robin and her team via email--i felt like Robin was not just another vendor, she is a friend and part of our family. You won't be disappointed with Robin and Simply Entertaining. She is wonderful at what she does and it seems she treats events like they are her events--it is her business but it is also personal. Simply Entertaining gave us memories and an experience we will treasure for life. Guests raved about the sausage skewers and the mini assorted quiche and loaded mashed potatoes and the pulled pork! The sangria was awesome, the set up for the sangria bar was so pretty. Robin enhanced everything and made it better--she set up our official wedding towels so elegantly and perfectly, everything fit so well together! Robin supported me from the 1st inquiry about prices and services. Her response was always quick. Robin didn't just provide a service, she celebrated with us! I am thankful Simply Entertaining was part of our wedding event and i will never be able to thank Robin enough so i will recommend Simply Entertaining every chance i get and we are hoping we can order and purchase mini assorted quiche from time to time and get Robin to share that sangria recipe!

Judy · Married on 06/02/2018

I could not have put together my small wedding without Robin and her staff. She helped me in ways that i never expected and everything turned out beautifully. The food was beyond delicious.
    Judy Pickett Field

Sent on 06/06/2018

Thank you Judy. Wishes for a long happy marriage. Stay young:) Cheers, Robin

Sara · Married on 12/31/2017

Robin and her team went above and beyond and made our little NYE wedding look like a top tier event! The food was amazing, traditional New Years fare with all our favorites. We also had a cheese table, oysters, and shrimp courtesy of Robin’s team. So many compliments from the guests, the food is what they truly remember, and we know they will!

Kathy · Married on 07/29/2017

Our wedding on July 29, 2017, was simply fantastic due to Simply Entertaining!! We could not have had such a wonderful wedding without Robin and her staff as well as her subcontractors. So professionally organized and arranged. The food was absolutely out of this world, wedding cake and cupcakes so delicious, and the gorgeous flowers. Great music supplied by Nate from Amplify Entertainment and photos by Terry Smith. Couldn't have asked for a better wedding!

Allie · Married on 03/25/2017

“Robyn and her team were great to work with. She always had ideas and suggestions for us, but never pushed her opinions on us. We put a lot of trust into her and she exceeded our expectations. I have been to plenty of weddings where the bride and groom are so busy trying to coordinate the details that they don't have the time or ability to relax. Our wedding day went off without a hitch and we were able to enjoy every moment of it because we knew that we had a great team taking care of everything.”

Ali · Married on 01/07/2017

Robin was AH-MAZING!!! From the food, decor and all the way down to her staff, her whole crew and way of doing things is top-notch! She did everything from beginning to end and I didn't have to worry about a thing! Not only is she incredible in what she does, she is caring and listens to each and every want you voice as the bride. She made my and my husbands special day the most magical day EVER! I would use her again and again when the opportunity arrives!!!

Robin and her staff were outstanding!! From the beginning I had it set in my mind that she would do everything and decorate the way she wanted. It turned out way beyond my imagination and made my day completely perfect! From the little details to the overall ambiance she completely knocked it out of the park! The food was to die for. Our friends and family are still raving about the filets. I'm so thankful Robin and her team orchestrated my wedding. I would highly recommend her!! I cannot say enough how much I loved everything.

Dustin · Married on 05/24/2015

Robin and her staff were amazing!!! She came highly recommended and did not disappoint! It was such a relief to know that we had someone with the expertise, professionalism, vision and flexibility to make this whole experience great!!! The day was perfect in large part due to Robin and her staff! Through this process Robin transitioned from not only being our "event planner" but to our friend. We are very grateful she was there to experience such a special moment in our lives.

Sent on 06/12/2015

Simply Entertaining's reply:

I am truly grateful for the trust in me that Dustin and Lindsey had. We definitely created a friendship and I wish them nothing but a lifetime of bliss!!

Shannon · Married on 03/14/2015

When I saw our venue completely decorated my first question to Robin (after I gave her a HUGE hug) was, "How did you get into my head?"
    To say that she understood and executed my vision is an understatement. After a few meetings and a handful of Pinterest photos, I turned things over to Robin. My family and friends were shocked because usually I am the one doing the party and event planning but I trusted Robin and her team completely. They are beyond talented, creative and detailed. My advise to any bride would be to allow them to do what they do best; don't micromanage and just let them amaze you. As a result, I was not only blown away by the food and the decor, I was easily the most relaxed person in the building....which is what every bride should be on her wedding day!
    Thank you again, Robin. You and your team are now intricately woven into the memories of one of my best days ever.

Kasey · Married on 03/07/2015

I don't even know where to begin with thanking Robin and her team at Simply Entertaining. She coordinated my reception including rentals, decor and food and did a tremendous job. My wedding was so incredibly beautiful and exactly what I envisioned...actually, it was better than I envisioned. The food was great and everyone was coming up to me telling me how beautiful everything was. While Robin and I planned things out, I left a lot of decisions up to her and I highly recommend it. I totally trusted her and was able to not worry about the little details of the reception because I knew Robin would do a great job and she totally did! If I need a caterer in the future, she will be the only person that I will call. Seriously, if you are looking for your dream wedding at a reasonable price, call Simply Entertaining. You won't be disappointed!

Molly · Married on 12/13/2014

I used Simply Entertaining for everything at our wedding! Food, full bar, wait staff, decor, coordinating and planning. I went into this experience with a vision that clicked with owner Robin Lewis. We automatically connected and our ideas bounced off each other's. We booked and started to plan with tons of time which left plenty of time for my mind to wander. There was never a time where Robin wouldn't take my call or schedule a time to meet. I felt 100% connected the day of and confident it would be amazing.
    Just as I thought the food and decor was perfect! The event was everything I had wanted and more.
    If I did it all over again I wouldn't change a thing! Especially Simply Entertaining!

The Hader's
    Venue: The Space At Feather Oaks

Kristin · Married on 10/25/2014

Robin and her team at Simply Entertaining are Simply AMAZING! I met Robin after we had already selected the venue for our wedding (Capital City Country Club) and I really didn't think I needed an event planner. As panic was starting to set in, a coworker who also found, and loved, Robin suggested that I see if she was available even though we couldn't use their catering services (this time). I am so very grateful that she was available, because she took care of EVERYTHING. We came up with a general style and color scheme and she took it from there, including building a Chuppah! When I arrived at CCCC the day of the wedding, I was completely blown away with how beautiful everything was - the tables, the flowers, the Chuppah, everything! It may be difficult for some brides to understand how I could have delegated so much and it was a leap of faith. I had that much trust in her to deliver what she said she could and she did, and then some. Robin helped to make my one, and only, wedding day very special, I can't thank her enough, and I HIGHLY recommend her and her team for any event.

Katie · Married on 06/21/2014

Robin and the whole Simply Entertaining team were amazing to work with! Chef Billy did such a wonderful job on the food. We received multiple compliments from guests on the food. The gourmet mac and cheese was a HUGE hit!

My wedding exceeded my expectations! I would highly recommend Simply Entertaining for any event you are planning. They were so professional and personable.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Simply Entertaining's reply:

Thanks so much Katie. We wish you and Luke the very best for years to come. Stay in touch. Robin

Kira · Married on 05/31/2014

Planning a wedding can be so incredibly stressful... unless you have Robin and the Simply Entertaining crew. I gave Robin a (very) rough idea of what I was going for and she took it from there. She calls herself a caterer, but she is so much more! Yes, she catered my wedding (and the food was sooo delicious! Thank you Chef Billy!!!) but she also took care of all the table and chair rentals, finding a musician for the ceremony, hiring a DJ, working with the florist, helping me keep my sanity, and so much more! I didn't have much to work with as far as budgets go, but Robin worked her magic and truly gave me the wedding of my dreams. Everything turned out so perfectly! She is so incredibly detail oriented, friendly, flexible and downright just a joy to work with. I don't even have the words to express how appreciative I am, or how lucky I was to have been able to book her. When you cry while writing a review, you know the vendor did a damn good job lol. Thank you, Robin, Chef Billy, and the SE Team. I seriously can't say it enough!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Simply Entertaining's reply:

Mrs. Smith, (just thought I would use your new name) This review made me cry. It was our pleasure being alongside you and Cory for your big day and we will expect to cater your 1st year anniversary blowout!! Stay in touch Robin
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/25/2014

My daughter and I immediately feel in love with Robin and her team. Unlike other wedding planners who charge a fee for meetings, Robin was always available in person and by phone. This was such a plus as there are so many questions that come up through out the year. My daughter's wedding was absolutely beautiful! Robin is creative and does not do cookie cutter events - every small detail was special. Because of Robin, I was able to relax and enjoy the day with my daughter and her bridesmaids!! Chef Billie - the food was great - we got so many compliments!! We will post pictures soon!! Tallahassee is lucky to have such an awesome event planner and caterer!!

Hayley · Married on 05/02/2014

I first met Robin 9 months ago when I began planning my wedding. She immediately stood out to me from other caterers because she was very respectful of my budget. Then after talking with her for some time I realized that she not only catered weddings, but coordinated weddings! Robin and the Simply Entertaining team were my sanity during the planning process and the big day. Robin has excellent taste, and with years in the industry wonderful professional contacts. I actually ended up letting her handle all my rentals, flowers, cake, food, ect. She even worked with vendors I hired separately to organize day of flow.
    Well, before we knew it the big day rolled around and the forecast for our garden ceremony was looking very bleak. She organized a back up plan in no time. I think that's the thing I never thought about before my wedding, what if something doesn't go exactly to plan? Robin made my wedding the beautiful and fun day that it was. She knew exactly how to adapt to any situation and my wedding ended up going very smoothly (and outside). Essentially, Robin made my Pinterest come alive and all within my budget. I have never seen a more beautiful wedding, and it was mine because of her!
    I wouldn't every consider another catering company. Simply Entertaining has it all; organization, experience, professionalism, great food, and a large array of services. I really cannot say enough about them! Their pricing is very reasonable, and they are always a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 05/05/2014

Simply Entertaining's reply:

Hayley and Jackson, this review was fabulous. We thank you so much with trusting us on your special day. You are very special to all of us and we wish you both the best in life. Let's keep in touch!
  • User3545144 · event on: 09/07/2013

Robin and her team made my Housewarming event a breeze for me. They handled the set up and clean up. The food was delicious and all my friends had a great time. She had great suggestions on how to arrange the tables and the flow for the food. They added flowers to create beautiful tables and paired the perfect wines to go with the food. I was very pleased with how responsive, professional and friendly they all were.

Tammy · event on: 08/26/2012

Robin, Billy, and Sharon are a team. They can provide for your every need when it comes to entertaining. They did everything for us so we could just sit back and enjoy! The food was fabulous. Everyone truly enjoyed themselves! I use them for all my events! In fact, they will be quite busy when my daughter' s wedding happens in a few months! I would recommend to anyone!!

Susan · Married on 03/23/2013

Everything turned out perfectly! There were several last minute changes due to the weather, but everything came together beautifully. The food was delicious and Robin really listened to me and incorporated all of my ideas and helped shape them into something more elegant. Chef Billy's gourmet mac n cheese was my favorite thing on the menu. Sharon honored the Groupon deal long after the expiration date and the invitations came in so quickly. I would absolutely recommend them to any bride and groom, you won't be disappointed. They will do as much or as little as you need done. The professionalism was impressive as well. We already had a few vendors and they worked very well with our picks.

Christine · Married on 03/23/2013

Due to the storm, nothing went according to plan, but the wedding was one of the most perfect I have ever seen. Robin & her staff had to resort to Plan C for the entire event; ceremony & reception. We had to move the ceremony indoors & use it for both ceremony & reception. Robin made it happen. During the planning process, we all felt "taken care of" by Robin and her staff. She has boundless creativity and energy. She will work with the vendors you choose in a very professional manner.

Greg · Married on 10/20/2012

Simply Entertaining was spot on from the very first meeting. They made us feel welcome and comfortable every time we stopped by the shop. We were initially just looking for a caterer, and figured we could handle the rentals and decorations ourselves.
    After talking with Robin, we were confident she could pull the whole reception together. Simply Entertaining did just that! The food was amazing, as many of our guests confirmed. Robin took our ideas and ran with them, and the atmosphere was perfect. We were able to enjoy ourselves without worrying about any of the details. Simply Entertaining went above and beyond or expectations!

Brittani · Married on 07/21/2012

Simply Entertaining was absolutely WONDERFUL! I am so happy we found them! After having an issue with our original caterer 6-8 weeks prior to my wedding we found Robin! I am SO pleased with everything from Simply Entertaining! Our food was AMAZING, Still warm when guests were eating, and I received SO many compliments from guests about it being the best food they have ever had at a wedding! The professionalism of the staff was great. I am SO pleased at everything and they went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for my wedding day! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THE STAFF AT SIMPLY ENTERTAINING!!! :)

Perry · event on: 05/31/2012

I spent 6 months planning a surprise 40th birthday for my wife. Simply Entertaining made it easy to do by taking care of everything at the venue: decorations, food, dessert and drink. The burger bar was great -- especially with the sweet potato fries and maple syrup. Robin made sure my wife was able to sample bottles of the wine that was to be served (I lied about where it came from). Simply Entertaining went above and beyond by also having a coffee bar that served hot and iced coffee (along with "spiked" coffee drinks) to go along with the fabulous key lime cupcakes. She also recommended great vendors for both the karaoke and photo booth (make sure you next party includes a photo booth).

Cathy · event on: 08/07/2010

Simply Entertaining did a wonderful job catering my daughters Engagement Party. Robin Lewis did a wonderful job planning the menu and giving us great ideas to go with the theme we were looking for. The food was excellent and we had so many compliaments from our guests about how beautiful everything was displayed. Her staff could not have been any more professional. I would use Simply Entertaining again for my next party.

Kristi · event on: 02/04/2012

Robin and her staff at Simply Entertaining were a pleasure to work with! Robin had great ideas for the party and the food was amazing! I would highly recommend their services and will be using them in the future!