Simply Charming Cakes Reviews

65 | Schertz, TX

65 Reviews for Simply Charming Cakes

65 Simply Charming Cakes Reviews

Karen · Married on 11/03/2018

Over many years we have appreciated and enjoyed delicious cakes for numerous occasions by Cheryl of Simply Charming Cakes. At a recent retirement event my son-in-law raved about the cake; in fact he kept saying he "knew" that cake and thought it awesome. In fact he did know the cake as it was the same as his wedding cake 24 years earlier. Cheryl has never disappointed us.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Karen, Thank you for the lovely review and note you sent! No I know who this review is from. You mistakenly put the wrong date and I didn't know. Again I thank you for the many years you and Gary have been customers and also friends!.

Brittany · Married on 09/08/2018

Have an open mind and give her room to be creative. It's so worth it! Both our bride and groomscakes were SO beautiful and deliciously amazing. Our wedding guests raved about them! They were more than perfect!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review. I am so glad you were pleased! The photos were beautiful!

Bridgette · Married on 07/15/2018

Absolutely beautiful and went above and beyond our expectations. Highly recommend for great tasting beautiful cakes.

Marion · Married on 07/07/2018

The cakes that Cheryl made for my son and daughter-in-law's post-wedding reception/dinner were beautiful! The chocolate fudge groom's cake and the butter/with pineapple filling bride's cake were very moist and delicious! We received many compliments on both cakes. The chocolate cake was completely consumed, but luckily, as I had hoped, we had some of the butter cake leftover to enjoy the next day. Thanks, Cheryl for the beautiful and delicious cakes!

Sent on 07/15/2018
    Simply Charming Cakes 2
    Simply Charming Cakes 3

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful words! I had a bit of a problem in transport with the grooms but I worked on it on site. That is why the bottom tier was designed a bit different than expected. So glad you were still happy with it. Thank you again!

Steve & Nancy · Married on 03/10/2018

We had a short lead time for planning and Cheryl had a busy schedule, yet she did an outstanding job! Our cake was the centerpiece of our wedding table and our guests were all amazed at how wonderful it looked and tasted. Cheryl was and important part in making our wedding a huge success!

Sent on 06/13/2018
    Simply Charming Cakes 4
    Simply Charming Cakes 5

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

It was a pleasure and honor to be able to do the cake for you!

cherise · Married on 12/09/2017

Cheryl, Has done many cakes for my family ranging from birthday to wedding cakes, and she has always done a great job! It has gotten to the point that everyone ask did you call Cheryl to see if she is available? I have been spoiled by how delicious her cakes are and her sugar flowers are so beautiful. She is simply the best!

Cheryl · Married on 11/11/2017

Beautiful very good tasting cakes. I highly recommend Simply Charming Cakes!

Sue · Married on 09/30/2017

Cheryl did a great job! Beautiful and delicious!
    Recommend highly!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you Sue! I am so glad everything worked as planned.

Ashley · Married on 09/23/2017

The BEST cake I've ever had! So many different options on cake flavors as well as fillings. It was super moist even after a week it still taste fresh. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you Ashley!! That is an endorsement to be proud of! I am so happy that you were pleased. Again, many thanks!
  • Katlyn

Katlyn · Married on 08/19/2017

This cake was the best cake I've had. Ms. Cherryl is so understaning and kind with everything I asked. Planning everything on my own was difficult but Ms. Cherryl made life so much easier.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you so Much! I am glad I was able to help you. Now that is over I can tell you that your flowers didn't come in, and I did a mad dash to find the right ones. I was very fortunate that I found the burgundy sprays!!! It all ended well....
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 06/03/2017

The cakes were delicious! It was so easy to order and everything was perfect on my wedding day. Thank you!!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you! It was my pleasure to be a part of your special day

Juliann · Married on 05/13/2017

Our wedding cake was delicious!! The presentation was amazing and everyone complimented how great it tasted. I definitely recommend Cheryl, she's very flexible and is great at what she does!!

Susan · Married on 04/23/2017

I highly recommend Simply Charming cakes to any bride and groom who are looking for a beautifully made AND great tasting cake. To be honest, her cakes were so good, it was difficult for us to narrow down what we wanted for our wedding cake, thus resulting in us ordering a 3rd sheet cake to be served at the reception. We are extremely happy with choosing Simply Charming Cakes for our wedding in Comfort Texas. Cheryl is a talented baker who is easy to work with and did a fantastic job with both the wedding cake and the grooms cake. It was nice not to have to worry about the cake on the day of the wedding because she delivered to our venue as well as set them up beautifully.

Sent on 05/20/2017

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Susan, I do appreciate your thoughtful words! I enjoyed not only the making of your cakes but the delivery as I took a short time to visit Comfort after setting up the cakes! Best Wishes....

Bianca · Married on 04/07/2017

I never pictured my wedding cake so i went with a blank picture when i met with Cheryl. I told her how we didnt want anything over the top and simple. She did a fantastic job, the cake was moist, tasty, plus looked stunning. It was the wedding cake i never knew i wanted/needed. She is gifted. Thanks again Cheryl.

Sent on 04/13/2017

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

You are very welcome! I am so happy that you were pleased and that all went well. Thank you for the fast review!

Cari · Married on 03/11/2017

Cakes were delicious! Cheryl was always available for any questions/concerns and the white chocolate raspberry was out of this world!!!
    Thank you, Cheryl!

Cari and Justin Brown

Beverly · Married on 07/22/2016

Cheryl,
    SIMPLY CHARMING! ! It stands true to its name. No other way to describe how delicious my cake was. All my guests expressed how good, moist and most of all how "beautiful" it was. Thank you for making my special day CHARMING!!
    Tim & Bev

Sent on 08/08/2016

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you again for the kind note you sent me. I am so glad my cake added to your day!

Angie · Married on 05/28/2016

Cheryl made an absolutely amazing wedding cake for my daughter's wedding!! Even though we ordered twice as much as we needed, most of the cake was gone. People are still asking us who made the cake so they can contact her. It's hard to even put into words how difficult this cake was to make, but Cheryl accepted this extremely challenging cake and delivered a cake even more beautiful than we even imagined!! The hardest part is choosing which flavors to use because each one is just as good as the last and she has many, many choices!! I would not go anywhere else for your cake needs!!!!!! She is absolutely the BEST!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Angie, I know all this was a big undertaking for you but the room was beautiful. The cake seemed to match wonderfully. I had done this kind of work before but just not to this extent. I was happy and glad you were with the results. I booked another wedding already from guests of yours! I do thank you for taking the time to let me know how things went. Wishing you and your family all the best and hope to do business in the future.
  • F

Francesanne · Married on 05/14/2016

Simply Charming Cakes is wonderful to work with and very professional. She designed the EXACT cake we wanted, and her tasting was beyond our expectations, with more than a dozen different flavors to choose from! I have recommended her to friends, and will continue to do so. The cake was both beautiful and delicious!!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

I believe one of your guests booked with me within a day or so of your wedding! I do thank you for the compliments!

Ashley · Married on 04/30/2016

Better than I could have imagined!! From the cake tasting to the wedding and groom's cake, Cheryl was phenomenal! The cake tasted great; everyone was talking about it, even weeks after the wedding, especially the carrot cake. The wedding cake was beautifully done and very reasonably priced!
    -Ashley

Sent on 05/22/2016

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the kind words...I love it when a bride is happy! That is my goal!

Mirta · Married on 03/20/2016

We were very satified with the cake service provided by Simply Charming Cakes for my daughter's wedding in San Antonio. We ordered a 3 tiered round cake made of a raspberries filling and cream decorated with fresh flowers. She did a wonderful job with the cake and the decorations. The cake was beautiful and delicious. She was professional in every way in dealing with us; and the cost was very reasonable. The cake was delivered promptly at the venue even though it was quite a distance from her shop. I would recommend her cakes to any bride.

Sent on 04/01/2016

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Yes, your venue was a distance but I offer that service when I am available! Your setting was lovely and the florist did an amazing job! I am so glad you all were happy . Thank you for the review!

I highly recommend Cheryl for any of your cake needs! She did both our wedding and groom's cake and everyone loved both cakes! She is affordable, reliable, and dependable and we will definitely be using her again in the future! :-)

Kathy · Married on 02/29/2016

Cheryl made shopping for a cake very easy. She arranged a tasting at my convenience and was very flexible on the time and date. She let me share my ideas on what I wanted for a cake and matched with her knowledge she told me how big of a cake I would need to serve my guests. She didn't try to sell me on a larger cake. She had several flavors of cakes to choose from, which made it hard to decide what flavor. So since it was a smaller wedding we were only going to have two layers, so she said I could choose two different flavors which helped cover every ones taste. The cakes were very moist and full of flavor. She used real fruit filling that she made herself. It was the best wedding cake I had ever had. Since the wedding was out of town she packed the cake so I could travel with it. It was so well made that it made the trip with no problems, and all of the guests at the wedding loved the flavors and the design. They wanted to know where I had gotten it and wanted her contact information. I just want to thank Cheryl for helping make my Son's wedding so special. Any time I need a cake made for a special occasion I will definitely will call Simply Charming Cakes. I'm so glad a friend recommended Cheryl to me.

Sent on 03/16/2016

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Many, many thanks Kathy for the compliments! I am so glad the cake traveled well and that Dusty was pleased......

Vicki · Married on 02/20/2016

I highly recommend Cheryl to anyone looking for an absolutely delicious cake for any occasion. Planning a wedding can be so overwhelming - especially when the bride and groom live in another state. She provided sound advice -- told us what size cake to order based on number of potential guests. The hardest part -- choosing a cake/filling as everyone we tried was delicious! We didn't have any cake leftover (which made me a little sad as I was hoping to have some the next day). Cheryl is so talented -- she made Sarah's vision a reality. It was perfect...more beautiful that we imagined.

Sent on 03/08/2016

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

I thank you so much! I am delighted you were happy and I was of help. Sorry you didn't have any leftovers but you just never know. I hate to see someone order more than they really need! Hope to have you as a future customer with other occasions!

Monica · Married on 02/13/2016

We loved working with Cheryl with Simply Charming Cakes. She was very responsive, to the point and informative about her services and prices. She was very affordable and gave us options to stay within our budget. We had a large wedding but did not want to spend a fortune on a cake, so we had her make a smaller wedding cake and have back up sheet cakes so everyone could have a piece. We had a lot of compliments and even our photographer who stated he never eats wedding cake said he had to try a piece! When we arrived at our reception, the cake was set up and looked gorgeous! Working with her was very easy and smooth! Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/25/2016

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the thoughtful review. I am glad you were happy with the pricing. Your setting was lovely and I thought it all went together well.