Simply Charming Cakes Reviews

75 Reviews for Simply Charming Cakes

• Brooke

Brooke · Married on 09/07/2019

Smallwood Wedding

This was the most beautiful cake I have ever seen and it was absolutely delicious

Sent on 10/15/2019

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much and I am so glad you enjoyed! Remember I do other occasions, not just weddings! Hope to work with you again!

Andrea M. · Married on 08/03/2019

Simply Beautiful!

My sister had her wedding in 2017, and she hired Cheryl. I was very impressed with her work. Her cake was stunning and delicious. The groomsmen cake had the art of his favorite soccer team. Super cool! I knew I had to book her for my wedding.
    For our wedding, my cake was elegant and delightful. Cheryl did an excellent job with the my husband’s cake. The cake had the emblem of the basketball team my husband works for. Also, prices are very reasonable!
    I highly recommend the venue. Sincerely, Andrea

Sent on 01/14/2020

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Lovely review and I do appreciate all the kind words! I am always pleased when my brides are happy. That is the goal!!!!!

Loretta L. · Married on 07/13/2019

Almost too beautiful to eat.

Cheryl created a masterpiece for our daughter's wedding cake. She was a pleasure to work with and truly listened to what my daughter wanted. All of the guests commented on how gorgeous and delicious the cake was. Very unique and different. We will absolutely recommend this vendor to others. Thanks again Cheryl!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

What wonderful comments! I do so appreciate them. I love making that cake and even though I have done it several times ...each time it has its own personality! Love making the shells from chocolate instead of gum paste. That way they not only look gook be take wonderful! Thank you again!

Julia W. · Married on 06/15/2019

Absolutely Wonderful!

Cheryl, makes beautiful cakes! Our wedding cake was no exception - see pics! She was easy to work with and very professional. Her work is detailed to perfection. Our cake was delicious - one of our guests even had 6 pieces! Thank you for making our wedding night so special!

Sent on 07/27/2019

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am so glad your guests enjoyed. After all that is what it is all about!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 03/09/2019

Beautiful and delicious!!!

My first baker backed out less than 2 months before the wedding... Cheryl was aboutely amazing and the cakes were breathtaking and beyond delicious! She made my cake dreams come true!!!

Sent on 03/10/2019

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

I am so thrilled that your were pleased! You were certainly easy to work with. The roses you brought to me to work with were beyond beautiful.
    Thank you again!
  • Lydia

Lydia · Married on 02/22/2019

Great service

The cake was very good. We planned our wedding from out of town so we didn’t even have a cake tasting but everything turned out great. She was very friendly.

Sent on 03/09/2019

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

It can be difficult to plan as you did but I am glad I was able to help! It was funny because all the times I have been to your venue I didn't know there was a second building!
    Thank you!

Elizabeth · Married on 01/12/2019

The Cake Everyone is Talking About!

Cheryl never disappoints with her delicious, one of a kind, hand designed, homemade cakes! I have had the privelege of enjoying her cakes for a number of occasions and my husband and I were thrilled to have her as our baker for our wedding! We chose the white velvet cake with raspberry filling for our wedding cake and the chocolate Guiness cake with Irish cream frosting for the groom’s cake. We received so many compliments from seasoned cake connoisseurs! Cheryl was always prompt in responding to my questions and addressing my concerns as I planned our wedding from ALASKA! You will not be disapointed!!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Again I thank you for your compliments and reviews. I appreciate the opportunity to do for you and your family for many occasions through the years. Hope to do more in the future!

Matthew G. · Married on 12/29/2018

Great Wedding Cake

Cheryl did the wedding cake for our wedding and it was beautiful. It tasted great and everyone really enjoyed it!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Amber R. · Married on 12/28/2018

A dream come true!

Cheryl’s very experienced with and a wealth of knowledge. She was able to take my thoughts and design my dream cake. Tasted over 20 plus cakes which were all so good. My cake was stunning, fast response and excellent follow through. My cake was not only beauty but tasted amazing with so many compliments. Thank you Cheryl for making my wedding night a dream come true!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Amber than you so much! You were such a pleasure to work with!
    So glad that you were pleased with everything.

Karen · Married on 11/03/2018

Over many years we have appreciated and enjoyed delicious cakes for numerous occasions by Cheryl of Simply Charming Cakes. At a recent retirement event my son-in-law raved about the cake; in fact he kept saying he "knew" that cake and thought it awesome. In fact he did know the cake as it was the same as his wedding cake 24 years earlier. Cheryl has never disappointed us.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Karen,
    Thank you for the lovely review and note you sent! No I know who this review is from. You mistakenly put the wrong date and I didn't know. Again I thank you for the many years you and Gary have been customers and also friends!.

Brittany · Married on 09/08/2018

Have an open mind and give her room to be creative. It's so worth it! Both our bride and groomscakes were SO beautiful and deliciously amazing. Our wedding guests raved about them! They were more than perfect!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review. I am so glad you were pleased! The photos were beautiful!

Bridgette · Married on 07/15/2018

Absolutely beautiful and went above and beyond our expectations. Highly recommend for great tasting beautiful cakes.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Marion · Married on 07/07/2018

The cakes that Cheryl made for my son and daughter-in-law's post-wedding reception/dinner were beautiful! The chocolate fudge groom's cake and the butter/with pineapple filling bride's cake were very moist and delicious! We received many compliments on both cakes. The chocolate cake was completely consumed, but luckily, as I had hoped, we had some of the butter cake leftover to enjoy the next day. Thanks, Cheryl for the beautiful and delicious cakes!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful words! I had a bit of a problem in transport with the grooms but I worked on it on site. That is why the bottom tier was designed a bit different than expected. So glad you were still happy with it. Thank you again!

Steve N. · Married on 03/10/2018

We had a short lead time for planning and Cheryl had a busy schedule, yet she did an outstanding job! Our cake was the centerpiece of our wedding table and our guests were all amazed at how wonderful it looked and tasted. Cheryl was and important part in making our wedding a huge success!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

It was a pleasure and honor to be able to do the cake for you!

Cherise · Married on 12/09/2017

Cheryl, Has done many cakes for my family ranging from birthday to wedding cakes, and she has always done a great job! It has gotten to the point that everyone ask did you call Cheryl to see if she is available? I have been spoiled by how delicious her cakes are and her sugar flowers are so beautiful. She is simply the best!

Sent on 02/28/2017

Cheryl · Married on 11/11/2017

Beautiful very good tasting cakes. I highly recommend Simply Charming Cakes!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Bridget · Married on 11/11/2017

Cheryl was amazing with the help of designing our cake and helping us estimate how much cake we need for our wedding. The cakes are delicious! I always wanted a nice, pretty cake for my wedding but I also wanted it to taste delicious. Our cakes were a home run! Every one loved it and not to mentioned it was super moist. Simply Charming cakes has many flavors to choose from which is probably the hardest part choosing a flavor when all flavors are amazing. The price is great as well. Our family will be buying cakes from this vendor for all events.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

A Super thank you. First photo ever sent!
    I look forward to doing other occasions for you and your family!!!!

Sue · Married on 09/30/2017

Cheryl did a great job! Beautiful and delicious!
    Recommend highly!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you Sue! I am so glad everything worked as planned.

Ashley · Married on 09/23/2017

The BEST cake I've ever had! So many different options on cake flavors as well as fillings. It was super moist even after a week it still taste fresh. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you Ashley!! That is an endorsement to be proud of! I am so happy that you were pleased. Again, many thanks!
  • Katlyn

Katlyn · Married on 08/19/2017

This cake was the best cake I've had. Ms. Cherryl is so understaning and kind with everything I asked. Planning everything on my own was difficult but Ms. Cherryl made life so much easier.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you so Much! I am glad I was able to help you.
    Now that is over I can tell you that your flowers didn't come in, and I did a mad dash to find the right ones. I was very fortunate that I found the burgundy sprays!!! It all ended well....
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 06/03/2017

The cakes were delicious! It was so easy to order and everything was perfect on my wedding day. Thank you!!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

Thank you! It was my pleasure to be a part of your special day

Juliann · Married on 05/13/2017

Our wedding cake was delicious!! The presentation was amazing and everyone complimented how great it tasted. I definitely recommend Cheryl, she's very flexible and is great at what she does!!

Sent on 05/18/2017

Susan · Married on 04/23/2017

I highly recommend Simply Charming cakes to any bride and groom who are looking for a beautifully made AND great tasting cake. To be honest, her cakes were so good, it was difficult for us to narrow down what we wanted for our wedding cake, thus resulting in us ordering a 3rd sheet cake to be served at the reception. We are extremely happy with choosing Simply Charming Cakes for our wedding in Comfort Texas. Cheryl is a talented baker who is easy to work with and did a fantastic job with both the wedding cake and the grooms cake. It was nice not to have to worry about the cake on the day of the wedding because she delivered to our venue as well as set them up beautifully.

Sent on 05/20/2017

Susan,
    I do appreciate your thoughtful words! I enjoyed not only the making of your cakes but the delivery as I took a short time to visit Comfort after setting up the cakes! Best Wishes....

Bianca · Married on 04/07/2017

I never pictured my wedding cake so i went with a blank picture when i met with Cheryl. I told her how we didnt want anything over the top and simple. She did a fantastic job, the cake was moist, tasty, plus looked stunning. It was the wedding cake i never knew i wanted/needed. She is gifted. Thanks again Cheryl.

Sent on 04/13/2017

Simply Charming Cakes's reply:

You are very welcome! I am so happy that you were pleased and that all went well. Thank you for the fast review!