Simply Captivating Reviews

Simply Captivating 7
  • Yaimara

Yaimara · Married on 12/16/2018

Amazing, the best!

The minute my husband and I met with Melissa and Javier, we knew the hunt was over. That same day we choose to book them as our photographer and videographer and I am so glad we did. Melissa is so sweet, detail orientated, organized, and talented. He photos speak for themselves. When I first received our engagement shoot photos, I was blown away, but then I received our wedding photos and I was speechless! Our photos are beyond beautiful and it’s all thanks to her and her amazing talent behind the lens! She was so attentive on our wedding day as well, helping me button up my dress when we were late, and helping me change into my comfier shoes during the reception. My friends and family could not stop talking about how great they were!!

Josiee · Married on 11/19/2018

We used simply captivating for our engagement shoot, weddings pics and video. Our photographer did an excellent job one on one with us and in the day time. My advice is to ask for examples of nighttime photos from the photographer you are going to work with if your wedding is in the evening. Loved my video! We got our pics and video within days after our wedding. This team aims to please and provides excellent customer service.

• Irenia

Irenia · Married on 11/17/2018

Vicky was an angel!

We booked our photographer with Vicky from Simply Captivating and she was more than AMAZING! From beginning to end she made sure things went smooth and made sure to capture pictures i wanted. We got our pictures while in Paris in our honeymoon...not even 2 weeks after the event!!! They came out beautiful and u can’t wait to put them all over my house! THANK YOU VICKY! You are amazinggggggg!

Jocelyn · Married on 11/16/2018

Highly recommend

Melissa did our engagement and wedding photos and we absolutely LOVED working with her. From her patience during the shoots to the turn around time in getting the pictures and the quality of the work provided. We also worked with her husband, Javier, who did our wedding video and we absolutely loved that as well. Cant forget, Victoria, thank you for answering all my emails! The entire staff was amazing!

• Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazingly talented, creative and one of a kind photographer

Melissa was my photographer and man she is extremely talented at what she does. All my friends and family had used her for their weddings so when I got engaged I knew she was going to be my photographer. I booked Melissa a year in advance because she does fill up and man is she worth every single penny ! She is extremely professional and creative and her attention to detail is spectacular. The way she was able to capture some photos I can't even believe they are my wedding photos. I honestly think she is hands down one of the best wedding photographers in Miami especially for the price. All of photographers out there charge so much more and their quality doesn't even compare to Melissa. A wedding photographer is so important hands down the most important thing you should prioritize at the end of the day thats what you'll have to look back on. I absolutely love my wedding photos :]

Thank you Melissa for capturing my special day
    Best wishes,

Simply Captivating 22
    Simply Captivating 23
    Simply Captivating 24

Ana Ansola · Married on 10/20/2018

Simply Captivating was the first vendor I booked!

We were lucky to book Simply Captivating, and specifically Melissa and Javier, for our Wedding Photography and Videography. While Simply Captivating came highly recommended from past Brides, the moment we met with them, we knew we wanted them for our special day! We booked them BEFORE we had a wedding venue - we did not want to miss out on them not being available. That's how confident we were in them.

Our Wedding package came with an engagement shoot and Melissa traveled to Gainesville, FL (Go Gators!) with us for the shoot. We loved bonding with her throughout the trip, and we got amazing shots! Exactly what we wanted. She ensured that we were satisfied with all our shots, while making my Fiancé and I feel comfortable. Fast forward to Wedding Day, from the minute Simply Captivating arrived, I felt at ease knowing that Melissa was leading, and ensuring we were running on time, while getting all the shots we wanted. I had a bridal emergency - and Melissa was by my side the entire time, not giving up until everything was as close to being perfect as possible. One of Melissa's best qualities is that she is down to earth, super sweet, funny, and keeps it real. She becomes your new best friend.

We received our wedding pictures and trailer within a week of the wedding and we are so happy with them! Everything is perfect. We are soooo thankful to Melissa and Javier and the Simply Captivating Team for everything they have done for us. We will be clients for life.

Daniela · Married on 03/10/2018

The Best! We had Gonzalo as our photographer, he captured every photo with great detail. Made us feel very comfortable the day of our engagement shoot and our bridal party comfortable the day of the wedding. We gave him his time to go ahead and venture out to take shots that exposed the details in the wedding: dress, shoes, venue, flowers, etc.
    Whenever I contacted the photographer or the company, they responded no later than 24 hours.
    Also, we were able to receive both engagement and wedding photos within a week!
    Gonzalo was absolutely great, I am so happy we were able to find him and use him on our day.

Christina · Married on 02/23/2018

Melissa and Javier are incredible. My husband and I took our engagement pictures with Simply Captivating as well as our wedding. They work together great as a team and capture beautiful moments. I love how our wedding recap turned out! It included all of the important parts, our family and friends have loved it! The wedding video was also great! We have gotten many compliments on our pictures! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for great pricing and quality, detailed work.

Simply Captivating 25
    Simply Captivating 26
    Simply Captivating 27
  • F

Fernando · Married on 02/17/2018

Melissa and Javi are the dynamic duo of photography and videography. They went above and beyond what was expected and delivered exceptional quality with little to no work required on our end. Aside from being truly talented in their craft, they are personable professionals who always made us feel comfortable with their service. Personally, I am not used to taking pictures or being recorded, but Melissa and Javi made me feel relaxed and natural. Melissa took our suggestions seriously and valued our opinions. Melissa and Javi are proactive about timelines, locations, poses, outfits, and all the specific details we wanted for our pictures and video. They made themselves available to us and responded to our questions/concerns almost immediately. They have been doing this for years and, as such, they understood the urgency in supporting us with whatever we needed.

On our wedding day, they were both remarkably efficient with their time. So much that they took countless pictures of us with EVERYONE at our wedding while allowing us to have more than enough time to actually eat our dinner and drink frequently (we’ve heard it’s common for the bride and groom to not have time to eat or drink because of picture-taking; no need to worry about this with SimplyCaptivating). Taking pics at the church was a breeze. Again, Melissa was organized with grouping us for pictures and AMAZING with getting our children to smile. We even ended up having additional time during our cocktail hour to take pictures at the venue before our reception.

Jasmin and I couldn’t be happier with their work. Less than a week after our wedding, we were reliving our wedding through our pictures during our honeymoon. They captured all of the most special moments to make everlasting memories.

We can’t thank them enough for making this an unforgettable experience and contributing to the happiest day of our lives! We’ll definitely be coming back for future events.

Simply Captivating 28
    Simply Captivating 29

Megan · Married on 12/28/2017

We hired Melissa to capture our wedding this past December and she was absolutely amazing! She was very accommodating and worked with us to make sure we could capture all our special moments and stay within our price range. We had an evening wedding and Melissa did a great job without a lighting assistant. I also really appreciated how she was always by my side to help me with my veil, my bustle , my lipstick you name it she was on it! The venue was a decent size but Melissa was able to work the venue and capture all kinds of moments. At one point I thought she had multiplied! One moment she was photographing the dance floor and the next she was right by my side capturing an amazing moment with my mom and I on the other side of the room. The digital files for the wedding were also ready within a week which was such a nice touch! I would highly recommend simply captivating for your wedding.

Johanna M · Married on 11/24/2017

Melissa and her team are so awesome they are on top of everything and also supportive. I chose them for my engagement photos which were beautiful and breath taking shots and for my wedding too. Melissa is so kind, caring, supportive, and friendly. She makes you feel secure, calm and relax. I live my pictures they are so astonishing I am glad I chose her as my photographer. Totally recommend her 100% you won’t regret it. I also wanted to give thanks to Vicky studio manger, she is so sweet and helpful. I communicated with her mostly through email and she is very prompt at responding and patience. She answered all my questions and concerns in a timely manner totally satisfied with her knowledge and her communication skills. Remember to book them for next engagement and wedding event they are the best.

Simply Captivating 30
    Simply Captivating 31
  • mrsg

Sandy · Married on 09/30/2017

If you're getting married in South Florida, call Melissa. My now-husband hates photos, and she made us feel completely at ease during both our engagement shoot and wedding photos. Melissa kept us running on time, was not intrusive or cheesy, and has a very easygoing personality-- same goes for her husband, who was our videographer. The studio manager, Victoria, answers e-mails and phone calls quickly. Our pictures came out beautiful, and we had them back within a week of our engagement session (which was even during the holidays). We had wedding photos back less than a week after our wedding, while we were still on our honeymoon. Your wedding photographer and videographer will be like your shadow on your wedding day, so I think it's important to pick people who you will be comfortable with.

Sent on 01/16/2017

Simply Captivating's reply:

Thank you so much for your review!!!!
  • Yessenia

Yessenia · Married on 07/15/2017

Melissa is truly an expert at what she does. When we first met her and her husband Javier over a year ago, we instantly felt confident in choosing this team to document such an important moment in our life. Our engagement pictures were exactly what we imagined they would be, it was so hard to choose some favorites. And now we just received our wedding pictures and I am so happy. Melissa makes you feel so comfortable and her work is amazing, to say the least. No regrets and I can't wait to see what Javier does with our wedding video!

Nathalie · Married on 06/10/2017

MELISSA IS THE BEST!!!!
    I used her for EVERYTHING when it came to my wedding festivities and she will forever be my photographer!!!

Sophia · Married on 05/28/2017

Simply Captivating was the second vendor we booked after choosing our venue and date (we booked Simply Captivating over a year in advanced). We had been following their work through IG and they were highly recommended by co-workers and friends who had booked with them for their special occasion. Our photographer was Victoria and she is extremely professional and is the studio manager for Simply Captivating. Victoria would always reply to e-mails, text, calls in a timely manner, and helped us with any questions, concerns and even provided ideas when we were in doubt. Victoria was in contact with us a month before the wedding, two weeks before the wedding, and the week of the wedding to make sure we were on the same page. She arrived before scheduled start time to make sure she got the shots that I wanted and even stayed after scheduled end time to make sure she got all the photos I wanted. She was very sweet and friendly and always remained professional throughout the day considering we had a big (and out of hand) bridal party. Everyone at the wedding commented that they loved how nice and polite she was. Finally, the turnaround time was so fast! We were still in our honeymoon and we already had all our pictures (digital) and it had not been two weeks. All the pictures are beautiful and she helped us so much with different poses! Looking through the pictures, we were able to re-live our wedding because she made sure to capture every special moment and every single guest having a good time. We would highly recommend Victoria from Simply Captivating to capture your special occasion!

Diana · Married on 05/20/2017

Melissa and Javier were amazing!! Melissa is so good at what she does, we have gotten so many compliments on our wedding photos! Her work is amazing, we couldn't be happier with our pictures. The day of the wedding she was so helpful and kept making sure everything was going according to plan, she really went above and beyond! Melissa and Javier make a great team and it truly shows in their work! Simply captivating is the best!!

Jamie · Married on 11/19/2016

I can't say enough about this team. They immediately felt like family and fell right into the fold the moment they walked through the door. We felt so comfortable with them there. They managed to wrangle 130 guests for pictures in a speedy and organized fashion. They captured every important moment and knew where to be at every moment. They are experts at their craft and very warm, inviting, courteous and professional. Top Rated!!!

Tiffany · Married on 10/08/2016

Melissa is the best photographer in the industry. Not only because she takes amazing pictures but because she is on your heels all day and night to make sure your day is amazing! She stuck to my timeline, made sure I got all the shots I wanted, and still got so many amazing candid ones. ​I am so happy with the photos of our special day! ​Pictures are the memories that last forever, and I am so glad that Simply Captivating did such an amazing job at capturing every detail and moment so that we can cherish our day forever!

• Katrina

Katrina · Married on 06/18/2016

When people ask which vendors I'd recommend from my wedding, my first thought always jumps to Simply Captivating. I cannot say enough positive things about Melissa Perez and her team. It was pouring outside on our wedding day and my bridal party was running late with hair/makeup, yet Melissa remained calm through it all and captured every detail without missing a single shot. One of the greatest benefits of booking with Melissa is that you will never have to worry about missing an important moment. She has this down to a science and knows exactly when and where to be at all times- it's as if she has an extra set of eyes! We were able to view our wedding pictures (over 1,000) in less than a week while lying on the beach during our honeymoon! The images were spectacular and truly exceeded our expectations.

I feel as though I got so much more than beautiful photos with Melissa. She not only acted as my photographer but also as a second wedding planner, making sure that we were running on schedule and even helping me change into my reception shoes. She is kindhearted and truly goes above and beyond for her clients. I must also say that the entire team at Simply Captivating was a pleasure to work with as well. I booked two photo sessions with them and they were extremely friendly and accommodating. I am eternally grateful to Simply Captivating for the beautiful memories, and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a five star experience.

If you are getting married the first thing you need to do is call Simply Captivating to see if Melissa is available for your date. She literally made my wedding. From the moment she arrived she put my mind at ease and when I gave her the the list of the photos that I wanted she added in more to make sure I was truly happy and did not forget any details.

She is very good at reading brides. While we were taking pictures at the church, I was unsure if I looked nice in them and she picked up on that right away and brought me the camera to show me how nice they were coming out. If I ever had a stressed out look, she would ease my tension right away. She is a photographer that is looking out for your best interest and as a result I was able to fully trust her with our big day.

If Melissa is not available for your engagement shoot or wedding, she also has a great team of photographers who work with her. We had Ricky for our engagement pictures and he had the best personality and had us laughing the whole time. As a result we were so excited that he was our second shooter for the wedding.

Another plus of Simply Captivating is that they give you all the rights to your photos and deliver them within a week of taking them. I have heard horror stories of couples paying a lot of money for their photographer to only find out they have to pay $20 per photo that they want the rights to. Melissa delivered the photos via a web link the Tuesday after the wedding. My friends and family were shocked with excitement that we received high quality photos so fast!

When you sit down to interview photographers, definitely keep Simply Captivating in mind. They will not disappoint.

cindy · Married on 05/06/2016

Simpy Captivating is one of the best companies I have ever dealt with! This couple is so humble and down to earth and made my wedding planning a breeze. My pictures and video also came out amazing, my husband and I are so happy with the results.

Alexandra · Married on 04/23/2016

I LOVE SC!!! Melissa helped me SO much on my wedding day! She had the best advice, and is so organized and patient. She gave me such peace of mind and was so calming on such a crazy day. That is a major essential for a photographer. I'm also soo happy with my pictures. I will use her again in a heartbeat for any photography needs!! Thanks Melissa!!! <3

Melissa and Javier are the most incredibly patient, professional, and caring individuals! They listened to my fiancée and I to ensure we were able to work with our budget. Melissa was great at our engagement shoot and ensured that each picture was perfect. Her pictures don't even need editing! They are perfect from the moment she shoots them!! At our wedding, Melissa and Javier captured everything so perfectly. Their turn around is also really fast! Bottom line, hire them! They are worth every penny!

Jacquelyn · Married on 02/06/2016

We've used Simply Captivating several times. Gonzalo and Vicky for our wedding, and Melissa for our newborn and 6 month photos so far. They are amazing. Great work and very professional!