110 Reviews for Simply Captivating

Video (1)
Canvas (1)
Negatives (1)
110 Simply Captivating Reviews

We used simply captivating for our engagement shoot, weddings pics and video. Our photographer did an excellent job one on one with us and in the day time. My advice is to ask for examples of nighttime photos from the photographer you are going to work with if your wedding is in the evening. Loved my video! We got our pics and video within days after our wedding. This team aims to please and provides excellent customer service.

Profile Picture Josiee, 11/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

The Best! We had Gonzalo as our photographer, he captured every photo with great detail. Made us feel very comfortable the day of our engagement shoot and our bridal party comfortable the day of the wedding. We gave him his time to go ahead and venture out to take shots that exposed the details in the wedding: dress, shoes, venue, flowers, etc.
Whenever I contacted the photographer or the company, they responded no later than 24 hours.
Also, we were able to receive both engagement and wedding photos within a week!
Gonzalo was absolutely great, I am so happy we were able to find him and use him on our day.

Profile Picture Daniela, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Melissa and Javier are incredible. My husband and I took our engagement pictures with Simply Captivating as well as our wedding. They work together great as a team and capture beautiful moments. I love how our wedding recap turned out! It included all of the important parts, our family and friends have loved it! The wedding video was also great! We have gotten many compliments on our pictures! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for great pricing and quality, detailed work.

Profile Picture Christina, 2/23/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Second Shooter, Video, Albums, Digital Files

Melissa and Javi are the dynamic duo of photography and videography. They went above and beyond what was expected and delivered exceptional quality with little to no work required on our end. Aside from being truly talented in their craft, they are personable professionals who always made us feel comfortable with their service. Personally, I am not used to taking pictures or being recorded, but Melissa and Javi made me feel relaxed and natural. Melissa took our suggestions seriously and valued our opinions. Melissa and Javi are proactive about timelines, locations, poses, outfits, and all the specific details we wanted for our pictures and video. They made themselves available to us and responded to our questions/concerns almost immediately. They have been doing this for years and, as such, they understood the urgency in supporting us with whatever we needed.

On our wedding day, they were both remarkably efficient with their time. So much that they took countless pictures of us with EVERYONE at our wedding while allowing us to have more than enough time to actually eat our dinner and drink frequently (we’ve heard it’s common for the bride and groom to not have time to eat or drink because of picture-taking; no need to worry about this with SimplyCaptivating). Taking pics at the church was a breeze. Again, Melissa was organized with grouping us for pictures and AMAZING with getting our children to smile. We even ended up having additional time during our cocktail hour to take pictures at the venue before our reception.

Jasmin and I couldn’t be happier with their work. Less than a week after our wedding, we were reliving our wedding through our pictures during our honeymoon. They captured all of the most special moments to make everlasting memories.

We can’t thank them enough for making this an unforgettable experience and contributing to the happiest day of our lives! We’ll definitely be coming back for future events.

Profile Picture Fernando, 2/17/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We hired Melissa to capture our wedding this past December and she was absolutely amazing! She was very accommodating and worked with us to make sure we could capture all our special moments and stay within our price range. We had an evening wedding and Melissa did a great job without a lighting assistant. I also really appreciated how she was always by my side to help me with my veil, my bustle , my lipstick you name it she was on it! The venue was a decent size but Melissa was able to work the venue and capture all kinds of moments. At one point I thought she had multiplied! One moment she was photographing the dance floor and the next she was right by my side capturing an amazing moment with my mom and I on the other side of the room. The digital files for the wedding were also ready within a week which was such a nice touch! I would highly recommend simply captivating for your wedding.

Profile Picture Megan, 12/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, One Event/Day

Melissa and her team are so awesome they are on top of everything and also supportive. I chose them for my engagement photos which were beautiful and breath taking shots and for my wedding too. Melissa is so kind, caring, supportive, and friendly. She makes you feel secure, calm and relax. I live my pictures they are so astonishing I am glad I chose her as my photographer. Totally recommend her 100% you won’t regret it. I also wanted to give thanks to Vicky studio manger, she is so sweet and helpful. I communicated with her mostly through email and she is very prompt at responding and patience. She answered all my questions and concerns in a timely manner totally satisfied with her knowledge and her communication skills. Remember to book them for next engagement and wedding event they are the best.

Profile Picture Johanna M, 11/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

If you're getting married in South Florida, call Melissa. My now-husband hates photos, and she made us feel completely at ease during both our engagement shoot and wedding photos. Melissa kept us running on time, was not intrusive or cheesy, and has a very easygoing personality-- same goes for her husband, who was our videographer. The studio manager, Victoria, answers e-mails and phone calls quickly. Our pictures came out beautiful, and we had them back within a week of our engagement session (which was even during the holidays). We had wedding photos back less than a week after our wedding, while we were still on our honeymoon. Your wedding photographer and videographer will be like your shadow on your wedding day, so I think it's important to pick people who you will be comfortable with.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User2632331, Recently Married, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot

Melissa is truly an expert at what she does. When we first met her and her husband Javier over a year ago, we instantly felt confident in choosing this team to document such an important moment in our life. Our engagement pictures were exactly what we imagined they would be, it was so hard to choose some favorites. And now we just received our wedding pictures and I am so happy. Melissa makes you feel so comfortable and her work is amazing, to say the least. No regrets and I can't wait to see what Javier does with our wedding video!

Profile Picture Yessenia, 7/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

MELISSA IS THE BEST!!!!
I used her for EVERYTHING when it came to my wedding festivities and she will forever be my photographer!!!

Profile Picture Nathalie, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Simply Captivating was the second vendor we booked after choosing our venue and date (we booked Simply Captivating over a year in advanced). We had been following their work through IG and they were highly recommended by co-workers and friends who had booked with them for their special occasion. Our photographer was Victoria and she is extremely professional and is the studio manager for Simply Captivating. Victoria would always reply to e-mails, text, calls in a timely manner, and helped us with any questions, concerns and even provided ideas when we were in doubt. Victoria was in contact with us a month before the wedding, two weeks before the wedding, and the week of the wedding to make sure we were on the same page. She arrived before scheduled start time to make sure she got the shots that I wanted and even stayed after scheduled end time to make sure she got all the photos I wanted. She was very sweet and friendly and always remained professional throughout the day considering we had a big (and out of hand) bridal party. Everyone at the wedding commented that they loved how nice and polite she was. Finally, the turnaround time was so fast! We were still in our honeymoon and we already had all our pictures (digital) and it had not been two weeks. All the pictures are beautiful and she helped us so much with different poses! Looking through the pictures, we were able to re-live our wedding because she made sure to capture every special moment and every single guest having a good time. We would highly recommend Victoria from Simply Captivating to capture your special occasion!

Profile Picture Sophia, 5/28/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Melissa and Javier were amazing!! Melissa is so good at what she does, we have gotten so many compliments on our wedding photos! Her work is amazing, we couldn't be happier with our pictures. The day of the wedding she was so helpful and kept making sure everything was going according to plan, she really went above and beyond! Melissa and Javier make a great team and it truly shows in their work! Simply captivating is the best!!

Profile Picture Diana, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

I can't say enough about this team. They immediately felt like family and fell right into the fold the moment they walked through the door. We felt so comfortable with them there. They managed to wrangle 130 guests for pictures in a speedy and organized fashion. They captured every important moment and knew where to be at every moment. They are experts at their craft and very warm, inviting, courteous and professional. Top Rated!!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 11/19/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, Second Shooter, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

Melissa is the best photographer in the industry. Not only because she takes amazing pictures but because she is on your heels all day and night to make sure your day is amazing! She stuck to my timeline, made sure I got all the shots I wanted, and still got so many amazing candid ones. ​I am so happy with the photos of our special day! ​Pictures are the memories that last forever, and I am so glad that Simply Captivating did such an amazing job at capturing every detail and moment so that we can cherish our day forever!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 10/8/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Additional Hours, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

When people ask which vendors I'd recommend from my wedding, my first thought always jumps to Simply Captivating. I cannot say enough positive things about Melissa Perez and her team. It was pouring outside on our wedding day and my bridal party was running late with hair/makeup, yet Melissa remained calm through it all and captured every detail without missing a single shot. One of the greatest benefits of booking with Melissa is that you will never have to worry about missing an important moment. She has this down to a science and knows exactly when and where to be at all times- it's as if she has an extra set of eyes! We were able to view our wedding pictures (over 1,000) in less than a week while lying on the beach during our honeymoon! The images were spectacular and truly exceeded our expectations.

I feel as though I got so much more than beautiful photos with Melissa. She not only acted as my photographer but also as a second wedding planner, making sure that we were running on schedule and even helping me change into my reception shoes. She is kindhearted and truly goes above and beyond for her clients. I must also say that the entire team at Simply Captivating was a pleasure to work with as well. I booked two photo sessions with them and they were extremely friendly and accommodating. I am eternally grateful to Simply Captivating for the beautiful memories, and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a five star experience.

Profile Picture Katrina, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

If you are getting married the first thing you need to do is call Simply Captivating to see if Melissa is available for your date. She literally made my wedding. From the moment she arrived she put my mind at ease and when I gave her the the list of the photos that I wanted she added in more to make sure I was truly happy and did not forget any details.

She is very good at reading brides. While we were taking pictures at the church, I was unsure if I looked nice in them and she picked up on that right away and brought me the camera to show me how nice they were coming out. If I ever had a stressed out look, she would ease my tension right away. She is a photographer that is looking out for your best interest and as a result I was able to fully trust her with our big day.

If Melissa is not available for your engagement shoot or wedding, she also has a great team of photographers who work with her. We had Ricky for our engagement pictures and he had the best personality and had us laughing the whole time. As a result we were so excited that he was our second shooter for the wedding.

Another plus of Simply Captivating is that they give you all the rights to your photos and deliver them within a week of taking them. I have heard horror stories of couples paying a lot of money for their photographer to only find out they have to pay $20 per photo that they want the rights to. Melissa delivered the photos via a web link the Tuesday after the wedding. My friends and family were shocked with excitement that we received high quality photos so fast!

When you sit down to interview photographers, definitely keep Simply Captivating in mind. They will not disappoint.

Profile Picture Cynthia, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Simpy Captivating is one of the best companies I have ever dealt with! This couple is so humble and down to earth and made my wedding planning a breeze. My pictures and video also came out amazing, my husband and I are so happy with the results.

Profile Picture cindy, 5/6/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Thank You Cards, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

I LOVE SC!!! Melissa helped me SO much on my wedding day! She had the best advice, and is so organized and patient. She gave me such peace of mind and was so calming on such a crazy day. That is a major essential for a photographer. I'm also soo happy with my pictures. I will use her again in a heartbeat for any photography needs!! Thanks Melissa!!!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 4/23/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Melissa and Javier are the most incredibly patient, professional, and caring individuals! They listened to my fiancée and I to ensure we were able to work with our budget. Melissa was great at our engagement shoot and ensured that each picture was perfect. Her pictures don't even need editing! They are perfect from the moment she shoots them!! At our wedding, Melissa and Javier captured everything so perfectly. Their turn around is also really fast! Bottom line, hire them! They are worth every penny!

Profile Picture Tania, 2/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

We've used Simply Captivating several times. Gonzalo and Vicky for our wedding, and Melissa for our newborn and 6 month photos so far. They are amazing. Great work and very professional!

Profile Picture Jacquelyn, 2/6/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

Melissa and Javier are the most amazing individuals ever! They were professional and easy going. The minute I saw their work I wanted them to shoot our wedding. We customized a package that we could afford. The engagement pictures were spectacular, they were flawless. Our wedding photos were a complete success. Everything I asked for, Melissa delivered, the second shooter was also incredible. The return time of the wedding pictures was incredibly fast and they were perfect. Melissa was so efficient, we got through all of our pictures before the ceremony and we were able to relax during the cocktail hour. Simply Captivating and Captivated Films are my favorite vendor of the wedding, everything exceeded our expectations. After our engagement pictures, my sister did my nephew's newborn pictures and they were also incredible. I would recommend Melissa and Javier for any event.

Profile Picture User6202551, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot

We had the pleasure of working with Melissa for our recent wedding and engagement session and she did a spectacular job. My husband and I have never had professional photographs taken, and she immediately put us at ease and made it a fun experience. My husband didn't even want engagement photos taken and he ended up having a great time and absolutely loved how our photos turned out. Melissa is great at directing you and knows what looks good in a photo. She is incredibly detail-oriented and ensures that you are getting the best photo every time. She was a great presence to have at our wedding and was very efficient at getting all of the necessary photos done in a timely manner (bridal party, family, etc.). Not to mention her work itself is absolutely stunning. Her photo style is very soft and romantic and everything we were looking for in our wedding photography. She also has such a fun and easy-going personality and really makes the whole experience enjoyable for you. Turnaround for photos was very fast also. I highly recommend her and can't wait until we have another life event we can hire her for!

Profile Picture User6051986, 2+ years ago, 12 Reviews
Category: Photography

Melissa and her husband (Captivated Films) are such great people. Not only are they very kind and heartwarming but their work is outstanding. They truly work hard to capture everything possible no matter the circumstances (Raining nonstop!!). I'm so happy to have chosen them for our wedding day. I highly recommend them both!

Profile Picture Jenny, 11/14/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Digital Files

If I could give Melissa and her husband Javier (who did our videography) a million stars I would! They were incredible, especially Melissa who went above and beyond her duties as photographer and helped me carry my dress when I needed assistance moving around from one shot to another, and even helped bustle my dress! You can tell she cares so much about her work and the couple and is so passionate about what she does. We just got our pictures today and they look amazing! Definitely go with Simply Captivating!

Profile Picture User5259752, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

We just got our wedding pictures back and OMG!!! Melissa is amazing!!! We are so absolutely in love with all of our pictures. Melissa was the first vendor we booked and I am so glad we decided to do that! From our engagement pictures to now our wedding pictures, Melissa captured it all. She took her time with us both during the engagement pictures and during our wedding, she did more than just take our pictures, on the day of the wedding it felt like she was our friend, timekeeper and second wedding planner. She helped us with everything. The pictures are AMAZING!!! All of the most important moments captured beautifully, there were a couple of shots that were particularly emotional for me and Melissa helped me through them. We had a second shooter, on the day of the wedding and they were just as talented and amazing as Melissa. We are so grateful for Melissa and her team, thanks to them we have beautiful memories of our wedding that will last a lifetime. Thank you Melissa!!!

Profile Picture Ana, 10/10/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files