Simcha Calligraphy Reviews

19 | Oak Park, MI

19 Reviews for Simcha Calligraphy

Hannah · Married on 11/06/2016

Aliza is a very talented calligrapher and artist. She wrote our ketubah and was very open-minded about the text we wanted to use and was also flexible about the layout of the text. She is very professional, easy to communicate with and creative; a great combination.

Shana · Married on 10/11/2015

Aliza made us the most beautiful ketuba! She is a true artist. We wanted a much more elaborate and personal ketubah than one from a store or somewhat customized one online. We showed Aliza some concepts we liked from other ketubahs and gave her 10 general ideas of things that are important in our lives (like tradition, education/knowledge, travel, family, etc.). Somehow, she created unique and stunning iconography to symbolize what is important to us. She weaved them all together to make a true piece of art! Although personalized ketubahs are certainly more expensive than other options, this is a one time event that will hang in our home for the rest of our lives (for pennies per day) and the value was tremendous . Aliza is so wonderful to work with and we couldn't recommend her more highly!

Aliza was very responsive and timely. The Kesubah she made was beautiful. She also was very flexible in making arrangements for me to pick it up from her.

• User2611472 · event on: 09/01/2012

Aliza made beautiful invitations!

Aliza did an AMAZING job with our invitations and ketubah. She not only has an incredible artistic eye, she is so patient and really gets to know her customers in order to understand what is important to them.

We spoke to Aliza multiple times over the phone and even met with her to discuss our invitations. My husband and I really did not know much about wedding invitations and she patiently led us through the process. She gave us suggestions that complimented exactly what we we were trying to convey to her.

Our ketubah took my breath away when I saw it for the first time. We gave Aliza examples of ketubahs we like and what would be meaningful to us and she created a unique and personalized piece. She also gave us recommendations for Hebrew proverbs and designs/symbols based on what she knows about us.

Simcha Calligraphy is wonderful and made the wedding process painless! Aliza paid attention to every detail, even those we did not realize were important.

R · Married on 05/10/2012

I loved working with Mrs. Sosne!! Everything was so beautiful and unique. I got so many compliments on my invitations!

Raya · Married on 09/04/2011

gorgeous invitations.
    Beautiful artwork and paper.
    Wonderful to work with.

Creating wedding invitaions is a process, give yourself time.

Tamar · Married on 09/04/2011

Simcha Calligraphy designed both our invitations and our Ketubah. The invitations were beautifully designed and Simcha Calligraphy worked closely with us to make sure the design was exactly what we wanted. There was a lot of back in forth during the design process and Simcha Calligraphy spent a lot of time with us during this process, suggesting design ideas, selecting paper, troubleshooting, and creating the product we wanted. She was very easy to work with and made the process fun.

We also worked with Simcha Calligraphy to design and create our Ketubah. We are so happy with the result. Aliza spent a lot of time with us making sure she knew what she wanted. She took our preferences into account and created a beautiful, handmade ketubah with gorgeous drawings and calligraphy.

I would highly recommend working with Simcha Calligraphy and have recommended her to several friends.

• Emily

Emily · Married on 05/29/2011

When my daughter & I first spoke with Aliza, we didn't know exactly what we wanted, but knew that we didn't want a traditional "fill in the blank" invitation. Aliza was great to work with. Her ideas were amazing, & she was very patient and creative.
    In the end we had beautiful invitations (and thank you notes, etc)on handmade paper that were unique & exquisite!
    We can't say enough about Aliza's work, her support, & background knowledge that was helpful in planning the wedding, beyond the invitations.

Raphael · Married on 12/26/2002

It was such a pleasure working with Aliza at Simcha Calligraphy. She took the time to listen to what we liked and what we had in mind but then translated our words with her creativity to make our ketubah even more beautiful and way better than what we expected. It really is a unique piece that we really love - unlike the nice artwork we could have gotten elsewhere, we feel like we were part of the creation and that our story is part of our ketubah!

• User2474216 · event on: 05/26/2012

It was a pleasure working with Aliza to create a piece of art commemorating our grandchild's birth. We bounced several ideas around and what was created was exactly what we had envisioned. She is creative, exuberant and worked tirelessly to present exactly what we wanted. I am very pleased to write this recommendation for her.

• User2475048 · event on: 04/21/2012

Wonderful to work with! Professional service with artistic touch!

• User2610843 · event on: 09/01/2012

She was great. So easy to work with!

Marilynn · event on: 10/26/2013

It was a pleasure to work with Aliza. She is patient, creative, and her artwork is beautiful. We received many compliments on my daughter's invitations. I would definitely recommend her, especially if you want something out of the ordinary.

• User3639440 · event on: 11/10/2013

Simcha Calligraphy was a pleasure to work with. Aliza was responsive to all my need and patient with all of my decisions.(And changes) She took care of everything and made sure we got exactly what we wanted!!

sara · event on: 11/16/2013

Aliza was a pleasure to deal with and lent her artistic eye to my invitations. I have received incredible feedback from people about how beautiful they were. she was extremely flexible about any changes that needed to be made and helped me combine aesthetics with pragmatics (what will be covered by one stamp etc.)

• User2602005 · 2+ years ago

4.2
      3.5

I was so happy with the way my invitations turned out! Aliza did a great job and was really helpful with the wording and formatting. My only complaint is that I sometimes felt I was repeating myself and that caused some of the steps to take longer than I would have liked. Overall a very positive experience!

very helpful; lots of options for style and budget. flexible with times to meet and picking up finished product. would definitely utilize services again for the next event.

Vadim · Married on 07/03/2016

3.8
      3.5

Very high level of detail/ attention. Also, very experienced with Ketubah calligraphy