Silverthorne Pavilion Reviews

43 Reviews for Silverthorne Pavilion

• Hannah

Hannah Schell · Getting married on 01/18/2020

Excellent so far!

We've loved working with the Silverthorne Pavilion! The off season and not-weekend options are so budget friendly and the staff are super responsive.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Jackie · Married on 09/21/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue!

My new husband and I chose Silverthorne Pavilion for our wedding venue and we're SO glad that we did!

We worked with Amy throughout the planning process and she was friendly, helpful, and quick to respond with requested updates.

They pavilion offers 3 free planning meetings, which wound up being the perfect number.

The venue is spacious and updated, and has a nice mountain feel.

We held the ceremony outside at their outdoor site, not far from the pavilion, and it's position by the river made for a gorgeous ceremony spot.

The wedding day itself was rather hectic and Amy was out of town so Cheyenne handled day-of duties. She was also fantastic to work with and did a great job.

The bartenders were also great and our guests were very happy!

We highly recommend this venue for anyone needing a place to host a large event!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 09/06/2019

Best way to have a Mountain wedding!

The pavilion was an excellent venue to use. Not only was it super reasonable but their staff was incredibly helpful and kind every step of the way. They seemed to have everything you could want but still make it all your own. I would definitely recommend booking this venue if you want a wedding venue but don't have a huge budget.

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 06/15/2019

incredible

Amy and her staff were amazing! Everyone was so easy to work with and friendly. Not to mention, the ceremony site and facilities were gorgeous! We could not have found a better place!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Stephanie · Married on 08/20/2018

I loved this venue. It’s so beautiful inside. The Pavilion staff was so helpful with any questions I had during my wedding planning as well as the day of, and they were prompt at replying to my emails. I chose this venue because the price was very reasonable compared to everything else around, plus it’s right on the Blue River. I also had the ceremony right outside by the river which was super convenient not only for my family and all the vendors but getting ready as well since there was a Bridal suite inside. I highly recommend this place.

Sent on 08/28/2018
  • Miranda

Miranda · Married on 01/07/2017

This venue was everything! Its beautiful when you first visit it but the day I walked in and saw everything set up for my wedding it was magical. Rob and Chris would great to work with. They were efficient and timely in their responses to all my crazy emails. There were able to deliver everything I asked and more.

Sent on 01/17/2017
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 10/15/2016

As soon as I saw the Pavilion I knew I had to have my wedding there. The patient, friendly, attentive staff was a huge bonus and made planning an enjoyable experience. I always had answers to my many inquiries quickly. The rental and service fees were affordable, laid out, upfront and true (no hidden fees). When I needed to pop in to do a walk through, measure, whatever it was it was typically pretty easy and Chris was flexible. Everyone who came to the wedding said it was the most beautiful venue they had been to both outside for ceremony and inside for the reception and being set in the town of Silverthorne, everyone made a vacation out of it and loved hanging in the mountains for the weekend! Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a rustic/mountain vibe for their wedding.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Nathan · Married on 09/09/2016

Amazing; the venue was perfect for our day and the workers (Rob and Chris) were incredibly helpful on the day of and leading up to it. We can't tell you enough how much we enjoyed this venue. Our guests from Denver and out of state still continue (3 weeks later) still continue to compliment us on the Silverthorne Pavilion choice.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Sian Murillo · Married on 08/07/2016

Best wedding destination

When I walked in for my tour of the facility, my heart was broken because I didn’t think I could ever afford to have my wedding as such a beautiful, elligant venue. Low and behold, they were the most affordable venue in Colorado. The people I worked with were stress free and easy going and I recommend this venue to all of my friends. They even had a closet full of decorations I was allowed to use for no extra cost!

Sent on 04/01/2019

The staff was fantastic and friendly! The views were beautiful as was the the Pavilion building itself. It was the perfect combination of rustic and mountain. The river and the bridge made for beautiful pictures. It had snowed right before our wedding but it made for gorgeous pictures and a romantic, fairytale setting.

Sent on 05/08/2016

Jenna · Married on 09/27/2015

Rob and Chris are an awesome team and couldn't have been more professional, helpful and reassuring. It's a stressful time, especially trying to plan a destination wedding! The day of our wedding, I didn't even worry about the reception hall because I knew everything was taken care of by Chris and his team. The venue was perfect!! It's located a mile or two away from hotels, restaurants and shopping. The area is absolutely gorgeous! We utilized the entire space, including the outdoor fireplace where everyone was hanging out, the breakout room which my cousin used for privacy to breastfeed and the upstairs for a photo booth. The venue also has an elevator which assisted my aunt in getting around. I couldn't have imagined having our wedding any other place!

Sent on 01/09/2016

Amazing! Great place to have a wedding! Loved working with Rob and Blair- they did a phenomenal job from start to finish. I would highly recommend the Silverthorne Pavilion!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Maggie · Married on 02/01/2014

Blair and Rob were so great to work with and the Pavilion was decorated beautifully! Thank you for making our day so special and stress free!

Sent on 02/05/2014

Erika · Married on 12/15/2013

This venue was such and amazing experience! The staff are flexible, understanding, and overall wonderful to work with! I would do another event their any time! My wedding was everything I wanted because this venue allows that to happen!

Sent on 01/05/2014

We loved working with the Silverthorne Pavilion. The venue was beautiful and affordable and the staff worked with us even though we had to do most of our planning long-distance. They always responded to our emails right away and were super helpful right through the event. Definitely recommended!

Sent on 08/22/2014

Carrie · Married on 09/01/2013

The Pavilion was an excellent choice for our wedding day! Having the all-in-one convenience of hosting both the ceremony and reception in one venue was so nice! Rob was our planner and he was excellent to work with as well! He was always there and available to answer any questions we had and meet with us when needed. He is incredible at what he does and wants to make sure his couples are happy with their venue selection. We certainly were! Thanks Rob! The Pavilion is absolutely gorgeous and we were so happy we chose it as our venue.

Sent on 11/07/2013
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/21/2013

My husband and I had our ceremony outside next to the Blue River (weather was beautiful, but they do offer plan B's, C's, and D's in case the weather does not cooperate), our cocktail hour in the indoor/outdoor patio area, and reception in the main hall with the cathedral lighting overhead. We fell in love with the rustic feel the venue had, and it was pretty much a slam dunk with what we wanted. When our wedding day came, we were not disappointed in our decision at all! It was the best day of our lives, and we loved the way everything came together the day of. We got married on a Sunday, and I felt that the price was very reasonable after looking at other venues in the Summit County area. They also have a "center piece" closet where some brides decided to leave their center piece decor behind, and the Pavilion allows you to re-use the decor at no extra charge if you want to (minus the oil votives). They have TONS of vases of all different shapes and sizes as well as other things like wooden plaques, glass plates, pebbles, etc. I definitely utilized some things, which helped save a few bucks in the wedding planning process. I worked mainly with Rob throughout the planning process, and then I worked with Blair the week prior to our wedding as well as the day of. They were both always very prompt and courteous. We ended up having a smaller, more intimate, wedding than we had originally expected, so Rob was very helpful in utilizing space when it came time to set up a floor plan. Rob was the one who we toured the Pavilion with when we were first looking at venues, and he was very upfront about any and all extra fees. The extras are all laid out on the pamphlet that you get when you are considering the Pavilion as your venue for your event. Therefore, we did not have any surprises or "hidden fees" when it came time to make final payment. Working with Rob and Blair was very easy, and our wedding day went by so smoothly!

Sent on 08/02/2013

Susan · Married on 02/18/2012

I had both my ceremony and reception at the Pavilion and couldn't have been happier. Blair & Rob were very helpful and great to work with and always answered my questions quickly and thoroughly. Our guests loved the Pavilion which had everything we needed. The price for what you get is more than worth it. I'd also recommend Gilchrist Catering if you use the Pavilion - they are incredible as well & prices are all inclusive!

Sent on 02/27/2012

Sarah · Married on 08/05/2017

We had our wedding at the pavilion this past Saturday (August 5) and it was absolutely wonderful! The only reason I did not give a full 5 stars is due to a very rude attendant working the night of our wedding, but that was just a minor setback. Everything else was perfect. The place looked amazing inside and out - we had our ceremony by the river and all 185 guests fit comfortably, and having the river behind us was gorgeous. I was worried that not all guests would fit comfortably inside, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much space was still available for dancing and relaxing once all of the tables were set up. The bartenders were professional and on top of their game, and we felt that it was all very reasonably priced. Patricia was wonderful to work with leading up to the wedding, answering any questions I had in a professional and timely manner. We had everything we needed and more, and are so glad we chose to get married there.

Sent on 08/10/2017

Alyssa · Married on 10/12/2013

We used the Silverthorne Pavilion for our October 2013 wedding. We booked them over a year in advance. We loved the balcony and the space inside, along with the walking bridge and outside ceremony site. It has getting ready rooms and is just a gorgeous space! Rob was fantastic to work with. We viewed the venue, booked it, and then planned everything else from Maryland. Rob answered all of my questions via Email and was quick! The only downsides - the chairs are ugly so we had to buy chair covers, and you have to rent chairs for an outside ceremony, which can get pricey. We also had to have our rehearsal at 11 in the morning due to another event that Friday, and we couldn't go inside, but we planned our ceremony for outside anyways. They are very affordable compared to other venues. The only down side is that a catering company holds their liquor license so you can't bring in your own liquor. The staff answered all of our questions and were great to work with!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Kristina · Married on 11/06/2004

Loved the Pavilion. We had both our wedding and reception there and it worked perfectly for the amount of people in attendance (120). The staff is very friendly and helpful. We couldn't have asked for anything better!!!

Sent on 11/24/2008

Carly · Married on 11/05/2017

I would recommend the Pavilion to anyone and everyone who wants the beauty of a mountain wedding within a limited budget. Our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue was. The coordinating staff were extremely helpful in setting up day of timeline and bar service. Even when we dealt with multiple people over the seven months we were planning (most of them long distance), everything was well documented and communicated. The value in the Pavilion allowed us to splurge on many other aspects of our wedding. Many of our guests, both from near and halfway across the country stayed around Silverthorne and enjoyed a mini vacation of the nearby ski towns. And the views, whether you're looking up toward the mountains or standing on the bridge looking out at the blue river, are incomparable.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 02/25/2017

We had the best experience with the Silverthorne Pavilion! Rob was wonderful to work with and we loved how flexible they were. They really worked with us to make our day perfect.

Sent on 03/20/2017

The Pavilion was the best find for my wedding! It was very spacious for the amount of people I wanted. I had my ceremony and reception here with about 80 people attending and they worked well and hard on transitioning between the two events quickly. The building and scenery around it is perfect for pictures. I love how everything is right there, you don't need to get in the car for private pictures. We had it in the winter and they had the fireplace running and they have heated sidewalks, which was convenient. The staff there is VERY helpful and they want to do everything to make your day memorable. They were great at suggesting good settings and displays. Overall, I was very happy with them and would suggest them to anyone who wants to get married in the beautiful Colorado mountains.

Sent on 03/16/2015

Kelsey · Married on 10/10/2014

We loved getting married at the Pavilion. Rob was fantastic to work with from the very beginning up through the last minute of the party. The staff was incredibly helpful in set up and very flexible with anything we needed. The surrounding outdoor area is perfect for anything. We used the site next to the river for our ceremony and were very thankful for Rob's input on arrangement because it made for magnificent pictures. They are very flexible about caterers but you do need to use their one bar contractor. Sadly, that was the worst part of the wedding. We specified how many people were coming and wanted open bar for wine and beer all night. She said we had enough but low and behold, we ran out of wine halfway through cocktail hour! I had to purchase more from them and then we still ran out! It was embarrassing to have my guests have to pay cash for this just because the bar contractor couldn't appropriately estimate amounts. I would have gladly paid more if the estimate would have been accurate.
    Not the Pavilion's fault though.

Overall, this site was perfect for everything we needed and was great to work with. Price was very reasonable for all the services and beauty you get. You also have full access to their "supply closet" that has bunches of vases, river rocks, and table number holders. We saved a lot of money by using their vases and equipment.

If you want to see pics of the wedding, go here: http://virginiastilesphotography.com/colorado-wedding-photographer-silverthorne-pavillion/#comments

Sent on 03/17/2015

Silverthorne Pavilion's reply:

Hi Kelsey,
    Thanks so much for this great review! We thoroughly enjoyed working with you as well and are glad that you found the customer service of the Pavilion staff so excellent. Rob works very hard to create the wedding of their dreams, and we do try to be very flexible with everything that we can, including bringing in your own caterer, decorations, etc. as everyone’s taste are different!

Thank you for addressing the liquor concessionaire that you were asked to contract with for bar services, and first, let us please apologize for your experience. Instances like these have been brought to our attention and as a result, we did make the decision to bring bar services in house, beginning January, 2015. This means that brides and grooms no longer have to work with the outside concessionaire, but rather work directly with Rob to create a custom bar that meets both guests and financial needs. It is important to us that our customers receive the best customer service possible and for that reason, we saw this as a necessary move. We are very sorry that this change was not made in time for your wedding, but sincerely appreciate the feedback, as we would not have gotten to where we are without excellent clients like yourself documenting their experience with the Silverthorne Pavilion.

Thank you again for your kind words and congratulations!

Blair, Rob and Chris