Side One Entertainment Reviews

63 | Hornbrook, CA

63 Reviews for Side One Entertainment

Side One was amazing!! We used Side One during our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Everyone at our wedding was on the dance floor all night and had an amazing time. They played a variety of hits that appealed to our wide range of wedding guests. Our wedding wouldn't have been as much fun without them!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Jeff · Married on 04/02/2016

It's not even really a question of whether or not we'd recommend Side One for a wedding. We absolutely would but more than that, if we had friends even considering a band, we'd badger them relentlessly until they booked Side One. There are three things that I just thought they did incredibly well.
    1) The playlist. Absolutely perfect for us. I like indie, my wife loves hip-hop and our guests' tastes varied even more. The band put together an unbelievable playlist that really suited our group.
    2) The performance. Wow. We thought that we might have thrown them a bit of a curve ball with a tricky first dance song and we're wondering if they'd be able to pull it off. They did. And it was perfect. But there were just so many great moments throughout the night that we never would have imagined like when the female singer (sorry- don't have your name) raps the verse in No Diggity. Amazing!
    3) The energy. Our wedding wasn't a large one (about 80 people) and we were worried that we might not be able to keep the dance floor full. Not a problem at all. There wasn't a single song that felt phoned in or like the band was just going through the motions and I've never seen our friends dance like they did that night.

Thank you again so much. You were one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. We wouldn't have changed a single note.

Best,
    Jeff & Lena

Sent on 04/15/2016

Tanja · event on 12/18/2015

Everything was perfect from the beginning to the end. Great music, perfect vocals...hope I get a chance to hear them again.

Sent on 12/21/2015

Chris · Married on 08/22/2015

Side One is a phenomenal band. They created a positive environment and the dance floor was packed from the beginning until the end. If they played until 6am the dance floor (filled with people both young and old) would have stayed rocking the entire time. Side One was a game changer and we're trying to dream up another event... With Side One of course.

Sent on 08/24/2015

I am the mother of the groom and I must say that this band was exceptional. The demographic at a wedding can be diverse, as are music tastes, but this band kept our guests on the dance floor all night.
    Feedback from our guests included: best wedding reception band I have ever heard, the band was outstanding, wow, they put their heart and soul into their music, and on and on. Thank you to this group for fulfilling our hope for a wonderful celebration for our family. You are amazing

Sent on 08/25/2015

Erin · Married on 08/21/2015

Side One was amazing from the start. They were professional and went above and beyond, helping with other aspects of our wedding. They kept every guest on the dance floor all night - even those who claim the never ever dance. They blew us and our guests away, leaving us with amazing memories we will always cherish.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Richard · Married on 06/20/2015

Side One Rocks! We had the 8 piece band play for our wedding reception and they had everyone dancing all night long. Our guests didn't want to leave because they were having too much fun. In the weeks following the wedding, we received many unsolicited comments from guests indicating how much they enjoyed the music. Rob and his team are great to work with and very professional. They not only learned our first dance song but absolutely nailed it. The night could not have been better.

Thank you Side One for making our big day so amazing.

Sent on 08/05/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/30/2015

Amazing!
    Kept our entire wedding dancing from the first song to the last.
    Absolutely made our party the best.
    Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without them.
    New exactly what to play to entertain everyone.
    Can not say enough good things So much fun!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Lisa · event on 04/11/2015

The dance floor was full the whole night! I can't wait to work with these guys again!
    Lisa Bonin
    Eventful Times, Event Planning & Management Services

Sent on 09/14/2015

Lona · Married on 03/21/2015

SideOne Entertainment was incredible from beginning to end. They were easy to communicate with and very helpful with suggestions. Hands down SideOne Band made our wedding even more memorable. No one ever left the dance floor - even the bride and groom danced from the beginning to the end. Guests and ourselves included are still talking about how amazing SideOne was. Hiring SideOne to play at our wedding was the best decision we made - besides getting married.

Sent on 04/16/2015

Cory · Married on 03/21/2015

This band was amazing at our wedding reception! They came highly recommended to us and after having them at our wedding I definitely understand why. Everyone at our wedding was on the dance floor for most of the time and more than half of our wedding was still there at 1 am for last call including all of my old Aunties and Uncles. Our friends cannot stop talking about how much they enjoyed our band. If you want to have a party at your reception I definitely recommend hiring these guys. They are awesome and 1000 times better than a DJ.

Sent on 05/06/2015

Paige · event on 01/31/2015

SideOne is THE BEST! I've worked with them on a few occasions and attended many events where they've been playing and they never disappoint!! So much talent and value it's amazing. One specific gig I hired them for was a corporate awards gala which had a crowd of 400 guests ranging from hair stylists to lawyers, ages 20-80. They had the dance floor bumping the entire time and at midnight guests were begging for the party to continue. They have the ability to appeal to any age and can adapt their sets perfectly to meet your needs. If you want to hire a band that you know will having everyone raving for weeks to come, HIRE SIDEONE!!

Sent on 04/21/2015

We found Side One because my mom had attended a wedding in the Vancouver region and she fell in love with the band. Although I had my own ideas for a band, she insisted that this was the band we should get, so I cautiously said ok (not knowing about my mom's taste in bands). We found out that there was a newly formed Side One out of Calgary due to the success and demand of the Vancouver band (I presume). We had an Edmonton wedding so we paid for most of the band to come up from Calgary. Due to an unfortunate injury, the Calgary female lead couldn’t make it, so they flew the Vancouver replacement out. She was simply amazing. Also, we decided last minute to go for an 8-piece band and they found us two great available local brass players a week before too. The whole band was perfect and the party and dancing was nonstop. We had literally 90% of the wedding guests dancing for the whole night. My grandparents who have been having problems walking in recent years were somehow up dancing. We had a wedding cake, but didn't eat it, didn't even cut it. We donated the cake the next day to the Bissell center. There was no bouquet toss. Once the band started playing, there was nothing that would have got us to stop the band. They were that good. In terms of value, they are a great deal. Yes, they are more expensive than your average band, but they could charge more for how good they are. I'm not sure whether this is a common polite compliment for most newlyweds, but we had at least 20 people come up to us and say that it was the best wedding they had ever been to and it's all thanks to the band. It was in a pretty simple hall, good, but not fancy buffet food, really nothing special except for the band. Around 50 people came to me in awe and asked where on earth I found this band. I was as shocked as they were. I would absolutely recommend this band to anyone and just say that yes, they are worth the money.

Sent on 04/15/2015
  • User4954747 · event on 12/17/2014

Side One is an amazing event band. We had Martin and Rob do an acoustic duo for our holiday party and it was amazing.

Cory · event on 12/11/2014

THE BEST!! We hired the 3 piece acoustic band for our staff holiday party last month and they were such a hit! Our management team and execs couldn't stop raving about them for days after the party! It was such a pleasure to work with Erin. She was responsive, answered all my questions and made the booking process a breeze! Rob and the group played an awesome set and had the crowd engaged the whole night. We 'twait to start planning next year's party and hire the whole band. Thanks so much!!

Sent on 01/13/2015
  • User4606158 · event on 12/05/2014

We started with an acoustic duo performing to welcome arriving guests and then had the 8 piece band rocking out the rest of the evening. Great selection of songs that everyone could dance to. Great energy from the band. Completely professional from beginning to end. Would hire them again and again.

I'd have them close out the night instead of closing out with a DJ.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Angie · event on 09/27/2014

SideOne played at our private club’s 50th Anniversary black-tie Gala. The band was amazing –truly a talented group of musicians. The dance floor was packed right from the very first song, and it stayed that way until the very end. The energy and professionalism was brilliant. Our members are still raving about them. Robert and Erin were also wonderful throughout the planning stages; offering great suggestions and accommodating our many requests. We can’t wait to have them back!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Jenna · Married on 09/13/2014

SideOne totally MADE our reception! They had the dance floor filled and shaking all night!! We are excited to recommend them to our friends and family, so we can party again with them one day! Thanks!

Sent on 09/19/2014

Dova · Married on 09/13/2014

Hands down the best event band! Don't bother shopping around. They will learn and perform whatever songs you want. My guests still talk about the band. All Side One members are all extremely talented, professional, and a total blast (not to mention good looking:). I'd be a groupie if they would let me crash their events.

Sent on 04/08/2015

Hands down the best live band out there! These guys are UNREAL!!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Lisa · Married on 08/09/2014

Amazing !!! The dance floor was packed the whole night and we received so many compliments on the band from our wedding guests. Would definitely recommend !!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Side One was amazing. From the first dance to the encore....yes, encore! The crowd insisted they come back and play two more songs. The floor was filled with all ages from six to seventy. After the wedding, we had guests say they could have danced all night. Thanks, Side One, you rock!!!!!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Side One was amazing. They had everyone from six to seventy on the dance floor. From the first song to the encore (yes, encore, the crowd would not leave until they played a few more), Side One kept people on the floor dancing, engaged, and laughing. Thanks Side One, you rock!!!1

Sent on 08/12/2014
  • F

Frank · Married on 08/02/2014

I have to say - Side One KILLED IT for us. All the administrative stuff was easy and smooth, they showed up on time, didn't have any issues with the setup and were true professionals. Most importantly, they rocked our party so hard and really made the event. They started with crowd pleasers to get all of the group (including our older guests) involved, and transitioned to HUGE dance party songs which were a blast. The medleys worked together well and I think I was on the dancefloor the entire time which was probably like four hours. Such a great time.