Sid Miller Dance Band Reviews

Sid Miller Dance Band 2
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/18/2019

Best band ever!

Booking the Sid Miller Band was definitely one of the best wedding decisions we made. They made the reception a true PARTY. There was never a lull in the dancing and every song they did was better than the next.

They were extremely accommodating. Sid had us over to his home to go through the entire schedule for the reception. We talked through options and felt like we were in great hands. Not many bands take the time to do this. They were really flexible with our musical requests and event let my sister-in-law sing with them during the mother-son dance. The stage at our venue was a bit tight for this amazing band and they just rolled with it. The singers jumped in to the crowd and really interacted with the guests. When you have 12 phenomenal musicians, it's impossible not to have fun. Everyone jumped up to dance the first second they could and I don't think our dance floor ever emptied.

Our guests couldn't stop raving about the band during our reception and they continue to tell us how amazing our band was. They aren't cheap, but they were worth the splurge. I truly believe people will still be talking about how awesome our band was for years to come.

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Sid Miller Dance Band 3
    Sid Miller Dance Band 4

Sid Miller Dance Band's reply:

Thanks, Christina, for your kind words! I hope we'll see you again at another Sid Miller Party.
    Warm Regards,
    Sid
  • Ross

Ross Shepard · Married on 04/27/2019

Unforgettable Wedding Night, Dancing the Night Away with the Sid Miller Dance Band!

The Sid Miller Dance Band played our wedding on April 27, 2019 at the Ritz Carlton in Philadelphia and just wow! Sid and his bandmates are absolutely incredible and had everyone (and we mean everyone) at our reception on their feet for the entire night. Working with Sid to craft our "set list" was so easy and so much fun. The Sid Miller Dance Band has an incredibly broad range: they play old, new, every genre from disco and funk to electronic dance music...and, by request, they'll learn those special songs for your evening to the extent they're not already familiar. Their sound and energy are incredible, and this is coming from a couple who knew from the start that their music would be the most important vendor. Our guests are still raving at the Sid Miller Dance Band and like we said to Sid at the end of our wedding night, we hope they don't mind travelling to NY to play our (mostly NY) guests events - the calls are coming! Thanks again to BVTLive! and, more importantly, Sid and his team for a night of dancing and celebration we'll never forget. A+ 11/10.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Sid Miller Dance Band's reply:

Thank you, Ross, for your kind words. Hopefully, we'll see you at another special occasion.I wish you and Lindsay all the best.

Nora · Married on 03/02/2019

Sid Miller Dance Band- AMAZING

Sid Miller Dance Band literally made our wedding the best day of our lives. I cannot say enough great things about them. I am still having guests call me and tell me that our band was unbelievable- the best they have ever heard. When people remember our wedding, they will remember: 1) how happy my husband and I were all day and 2) how amazing our band was. Everyone was dancing all night. It was so much fun.

Prior to the wedding, Sid invited my husband and I into his home to craft the perfect wedding playlist, as well as go over the general ambiance we were going for. We had amazing conversations with Sid. He is a creative genius. He had every minute of that night mapped out. So extremely organized.

I asked him if my Uncle Gene (who was previously in a band) could play "Play that Funky Music" with the band, to which he said yes. I later found out the drummer in SMDB was left handed and my uncle was right handed so it would not work out. And then on the wedding day BAM, he and my unckle surprised me and switched the drums around to accompany my Uncle Gene and they ROCKED the house. Everyone went insane. It was the best surprise ever. I get goosebumps thinking back on it.

You just don't find the the quality of SMDB with any other band out there. And you certainly don't get the energy on that dance floor and ambiance with a DJ. I know that for sure.

Sent on 04/03/2019

Sid Miller Dance Band's reply:

Thank you, Nora and Tom. I'm very pleased that you had a great time at your wedding reception and grateful that you chose us for your special day.

Alex Oman · Married on 12/29/2018

Best wedding band selection ever!

We chose Sid Miller Dance Band for our wedding reception after hearing numerous positive reviews and attending a BVT showcase - Looking back at our wedding day, we could not be happier with our selection.

We met with Sid a couple of weeks prior to our wedding to plan out each and every detail of the reception. Sid was kind, insightful, and provided recommendations on song selections and timelines for the whole reception.

The night of the wedding reception was perfect - from the cocktail hour, introductions, first dances, speeches, and the overall dance party, everything went exactly as planned. They had our guests on the dance floor the entire night and the way they interacted with the guests on the dance floor is unlike other wedding bands I've seen in the past. Sid Miller Dance Band is an extremely talented group and they are able to accommodate all types of crowds and music selections.

Sid and his team truly made our wedding reception the best time ever and we cannot thank them enough for the great job they did. We highly recommend Sid Miller Dance Band for anybody looking for true professionals to perform at their wedding.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Sid Miller Dance Band's reply:

Thank you, Alex and Susan for your kind words. it was our pleasure to help make your special day an unforgettable experience.

All the Best,
    Sid

Steve DiPietro · Married on 11/17/2018

Stephen & Maria Elena November 17, 2018

Working with The Sid Miller Dance Band was a great experience! From the initial showcase at the Ardmore Music Hall to the actual wedding, it was an excellent experience; both working with and listening to the band perform. Sid is a consummate professional, and provided great suggestions during the planning phase of our wedding. All of our guests were blown away by the band, and mentioned that it was the best wedding band they have ever experienced. If you want the best for your wedding, look no further than The Sid Miller Dance Band!

Sent on 02/23/2019

Sid Miller Dance Band's reply:

Thank you Steve and Maria Ellena for taking the time to write this review. Your kind words are appreciated. Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to see each other again at another event that you will be attending.

Catherine Elliott-Powell · Married on 10/20/2018

Sid Miller is THE best dance band, book him now!!

I want to thank Sid for the fabulous entertainment he provided at our wedding on Saturday, Oct 20, 2018. His band is the best dance band I have ever heard— and I went to 13 weddings last year!! I know I am biased, but that was the best party I have ever been to with THE BEST music. Sid played every song we wanted to hear. It brought us so much joy to dance to our favorite music with friends and family.

Dancing with my college roommates to “Walking on Broken Glass” brought back some of my favorite college memories and also made beautiful new wedding memories!! My brother was so pumped to hear “Take Me To the River.” It was all perfect.

Our guests were blown away by Sid’s band. Two young men danced so vigorously that they actually split their pants on the dance floor. I am being serious. I recommend Sid to any/all engaged people!!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Jill Bloecker · Married on 09/01/2018

Amazing band

The Sid Miller Band was incredible from start to finish. They listened to everything we wanted, made great recommendations and learned how to play one song that was very important to me (and they learned it beautifully).

Their energy, passion and talent shines through every song.

Not one person sat for more then 3 minutes at our wedding...even family members I never thought would dance.
    Our friends and family loved them so much, we all asked them to do 3 encore’s at the end of the night. For how tired I am sure they were, they played 3 more amazing fun songs we all LOVED.
    We thank them for doing that :-)

Hands down best wedding reviews from attended guests from having such an awesome band.

Thank you to Sid Miller Band!!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Michael · Married on 08/04/2018

Wow. The Sid Miller Dance Band was simply incredible and exceeded all expectations we had. My wife and I saw them at the BVT Live Showcase and were so impressed with them, that we signed them right on the spot. From that moment on Sid was great, he took the time out of his busy day to sit down with us one on one to go over every detail of our Wedding. He didn’t miss anything and made the day all about us. He was so accommodating and truly made our day perfect.
    From the minute we entered the ballroom the vibes the band gave off were infectious. Everyone was on the dance floor from the first song until the encore, we wish they could have kept playing. All of our wedding guests are still talking about how amazing the band was. They played a great variety of songs and got everyone dancing the night away. The Band as a whole is super talented and jive well together.
    If you are looking for a wedding band, The Sid Miller Dance Band is the one. They will make your day so special and will make you talk about the day for years to come. They put on an amazing show and we can’t thank them enough for that.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Donald · Married on 07/21/2018

We chose Sid Miller Dance Band for our wedding in July of 2018. We were impressed by Sid at the initial showcase and his band totally went above and beyond for our reception. Sid was excellent to work with, meeting with us personally to discuss our ideas and offer his vision for the party. We have gotten numerous compliments since (and during) the wedding about how it sounded like listening to the original artists. I would highly recommend Sid Miller for your special occasion!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Thomas · Married on 06/30/2018

Sid Miller Dance Band was a Home Run from the day we heard him audition, during the wedding planning and throughout the entire reception. Sid Miller takes care of every detail. This band knows how a wedding day reception should run. We never had any concern and throughout the event EVERYONE was in in awe. Compliments galore! Oh... did I mention never once in the event did they ask anyone to dance... they didn't have to! The dance floor was packed!!!!! The talent of this band is indescribable! As a family, we leave no regrets in our selection of this band.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/16/2018

Sid Miller made everything look effortless. They provided music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and reception! Their energy was amazing and we loved every song they sang! Thank you Sid Miller band for making our wedding a day we will never forget!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Laura · Married on 05/27/2018

We cannot say enough good things about having the Sid Miller Dance Band perform at our recent wedding (May 2018). Sid met with us personally to get to know us as a couple and showed very genuine interest in and took detailed notes about our interests (musical and otherwise!), such that we truly felt like the band was catering every song choice and detail to our exact preferences and personalities. The insanely talented band members and off-the-charts singers performed almost every song we requested (brilliantly), while using their spot-on judgment and many decades of combined experience to arrange the song order and adjust extemporaneously to be sure the flow of the evening was perfect and lively. As just one example, the father of the bride made a brief Star Wars joke during his speech/toast - and the band then incorporated a short riff on the Star Wars theme into a song later in the night, even though that family interest had not come up previously: they adapted on the spot, a great demonstration of both the entire band's musical virtuosity and their commitment to ensuring each event is unique and special. As another, Sid picked up on the bride's love of musical theater in the initial meeting and then perfectly incorporated a song from Rent at the ideal moment. Our guests could not stop raving about the band for weeks, because they are unbelievably talented at performing all genres and styles of music (from "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness, to Prince, to Frank Sinatra and old standards, to Journey, to Lady Gaga...the musicians and singers can pull off ANYTHING with aplomb), and they kept people of all ages on the dance floor for the entire night, engaging with everyone of all backgrounds and musical tastes personally. One member of the band even danced with the groom's 80-year-old grandmother at length! In short, the Sid Miller Dance Band will make your event spectacular from the planning process through the final encore.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Steph · Married on 04/21/2018

Sid!

Before leaving for our honeymoon I wanted to send you a big THANK YOU. You made our wedding unforgettable. I don’t think one person sat down the entire night. So many guests came up and told us how amazing you all were. I’m sure you will be getting calls from a few engaged couples that attended too! I wish we could throw a party every weekend like that with the Sid Miller Band. Thank you for keeping the night flowing, the dancing moves going, and providing such wonderful music. I truly appreciate all the time and attention you spent on making our night a special one. You’re the best Sid!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Richard · Married on 03/03/2018

The Sid Miller Dance Band was an incredible value for my daughter's wedding. This band excels in so many ways, from breadth of music, its ability to energize a wedding, to accommodating special requests. I had a special request for the band to play a piece of music I wrote for the occasion, and I could not have dreamed how well it was performed. This band is clearly about complete satisfaction of its customers, and it is apparent that more than money, all members are playing to utterly delight everyone attending the event. Even after the wedding, the band continued to ensure delight by doing things other bands would not even think of doing. More than anything, all members are decent, respectable people who are empathetic to the goals of its customers, and they work exceeding hard to bring tears of joy to your eyes and wide smiles to your faces. I invite Sid to use me as a personal reference at any time, since I feel very strongly about how his band became an integral factor in the success of the wedding celebration. In simple words, this band is head and shoulders above all others we heard at the BVT Showcase, and we will find a way to use them again for my second daughter's wedding. THANK YOU SID!

Sent on 03/29/2018

Sophie · Married on 02/10/2018

WOW! WOW! I am over the moon ecstatic with the level of professionalism and most importantly energy that the Sid Miller Brand brought to our wedding. He was very responsive and organized when mapping out our timeline and set list. My husband and I envisioned a very classic but epic dance party and that is exactly what we got. The band fed off the energy of our guests and together everyone created a fun, lively, dance club. One of the main vocalists came off the stage to sing on the dance floor, truly amazing. We also received countless compliments on our band choice. If you are looking for a professional all star band than look no further than Sid Miller's Dance Band.

Sent on 03/07/2018
  • PrincessPotato

Emily · Married on 01/06/2018

The only word to truly describe how Sid Miller Dance Band was at our wedding is FABULOUS. From the very beginning, Sid was so accommodating and friendly- we had a meeting at his home to go over all of the details and he was invaluable at helping to adjust the timeline for the evening. The online song selection system is brilliant and allowed us to choose exactly which songs we did and did not want. The band was at 150% all night long and had everyone on the dance floor, even family members that we have NEVER seen dance before. They nailed each and every song and raised the bar on our wedding that much more. Thank you so much to Sid and the rest of the band!
    -Emily and Aaron

Sent on 04/04/2018

Evan · Married on 10/14/2017

Hands down the best wedding band I've ever heard! Sid was great during the entire process--he helped with song selection and did a great job of arranging the songs during the wedding. After the wedding, I had so many compliments from my friends and family telling me that the band played so many great songs and they sounded amazing. The band was energetic, lively, and made my wife and I's wedding day one that we will never forget. Highly recommend Sid Miller Dance Band!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/14/2017

I wanted to say how great Sid Miller Dance Band was for our wedding. The whole band was amazing to work with. They were very helpful with the planning process and were very communicative. The music was outstanding and people are still talking about how great our band was from October. My husband and I choreographed a dance and Sid was so helpful to make it the perfect dance. Thank you Sid Miller Band !

Sent on 06/20/2018

Meghan · Married on 09/22/2017

The Sid Miller Dance Band is the authority when it comes to professional, communication, and execution. Sid's attention to detail, thoroughness, and passion shined throughout the entire planning process of our wedding day celebration. This resulted in what all 250 gusts of my wife and I said was hands down the best reception they've ever been apart of. When it come to planning the most important day of your life, you want the best... you want the Sid Miller Dance Band.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Brian · Married on 07/22/2017

We had the Sid Miller Band perform at our wedding reception this past Saturday at the Ballroom at the Ben. If you are looking for a professional performers who will keep your guests on the dance floor all night you need to stop now and contact them. Sound quality was perfect, music was crisp and on point. They knocked it out of the park! All of my guests said it was one of the best bands they have heard for a wedding reception. Sid was great to work with and communicated with me from the start. We picked all of the songs that the band performed and were given an extensive list to choose from if needed. The band also accompanied my daughter when she sang to her new husband. Just a delightful experience and I would recommend them highly!!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Stacy Ann · Married on 06/17/2017

Sid Miller and his band were simply amazing! The dance floor was hopping the entire night and made our wedding the 'epic' event that we dreamed it would be. Sid was fabulous to partner with and listened to all our requests and made some fabulous suggestions that we had not thought of. Their play list is extensive and they perform every song with passion and finesse. We were thrilled that they were part of our absolutely perfect day. If you are undecided on a band, the Sid Miller Dance Band will make your wedding or even the talk of the town!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Nicole · Married on 06/03/2017

When my fiancé and I got engaged we both knew that we had to have a band at our wedding. We went to a showcase and listened to the Sid Miller Band live and knew that was the band that we wanted to play at our wedding. They were available on our date (about a year out) and we booked them the next day. We worked with Sid directly a month or so before our wedding and had 100% confidence that he would play songs that our guests wanted to hear. We had so many compliments on the band and our guests were on the dance floor all night. Cannot recommend this band enough, they are truly one of a kind and so incredible.

Sent on 06/27/2017
  • twostep127

Gabriela · Married on 06/04/2016

After hearing the Sid Miller Band do an incredible job at my brother's wedding years ago, they were one of the first vendors we booked after getting engaged. Sid is a true professional and absolutely incredible at what he does- a bandleader is important not only for great music, but also in determining the "flow" of the evening, and he surpassed our (very high) expectations in both. The band as a whole was equally fantastic, reading the music tastes of the crowd and delivering an incredible, high-energy performance that our guests are still talking about. Six weeks later, the band is still what we're getting the most compliments on! I could not recommend the Sid Miller Dance Band more enthusiastically...they are well worth the investment for a truly memorable night!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Bridget · Married on 12/19/2015

Wow! I first heard the Sid Miller Dance Band at a friend's wedding and was absolutely blown away. They have energy and talent unlike any other wedding band I've ever seen. I knew immediately that if and when I ever got married, I'd do whatever I could to get them to play my wedding, and sure enough, in December 2015 they played at our wedding. In the planning process leading up to the wedding, Sid was extremely professional and helpful in laying out the timeline and giving suggestions on how he thought the night should flow. We had no doubts that he would set a great tone for the night and he and the band executed on this beautifully. So many of our guests have since commented on how great the band was and how much they loved the sequencing of the night. If you have a chance to book the Sid Miller Dance Band, do it!

Sent on 02/09/2016

Boo · Married on 06/13/2015

I know there is always a lot of hyperbole surrounding wedding reviews. Sid Miller Dance Band, however, deserves every accolade. They are a powerhouse - beautiful voices, strong rhythm section and poignant and nuanced horns. They tailored the setlist according to our requests and have impeccable timing both musically and in terms of adjusting the setlist on the fly (they gave us the list to frame after the wedding, so I could see the edits to their original list). Just got back from the honeymoon and all anyone wants to talk to us about is how good the band was. The dance floor was packed and was truly the heartbeat of our wedding. The usual chant of "one more song" was replaced with "ten more songs" that night. People went nuts.
    Cheers to the band - thank you for being so much more than just the soundtrack to the finest night I have known.

All my best,