Shy Laurel Photography Reviews

Shy Laurel Photography 1
Shy Laurel Photography 2
Shy Laurel Photography 3

Megan · Married on 04/07/2018

Shyann was amazing to work with! Her photographic style is so beautiful, and she captured our day perfectly, down to the little details. We will cherish having our memories captured so stunningly forever, and our families love the pictures too! Shyann was responsive and easy to work with at every stage of planning, and she put us at ease on our big day.

Sent on 07/13/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/27/2017

Shyann is absolutely fantastic to work with! She is incredibly personal and has the incredible gift of taking the most beautiful photos. I found Shyann's website and was stunned at every breathtaking photo in her portfolio. From beginning to end over the course of a year of planning, our communication efforts went smoothly, she provided all the details needed and answered all my questions. She also worked with me in customizing our photo package.

Shyann and her assistant Lauren went above and beyond and we are beyond the day of our wedding. They were such a joy to have around despite my nervous energy and uncomfortable weather. Their positive vibes paired with their energetic direction played a big part in the way our photos turned out. We aren't exactly the most photogenic people but they brought out the best in us for our wedding - 110%.

For that, I am super super thankful, I wouldn't have it any other way except I wish I included the engagement session! We are thrilled and beyond happy with the outcome of our wedding photos. She's a hidden photographer gem in the Austin/San Antonio/New Braunfels area! Don't waste time and book her now!!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Hailey · Married on 07/01/2017

Shyann from Dear Lovely/Shy Laurel Photography shot my bridal portraits and my wedding day. The pictures are BEAUTIFUL. Her work is amazing, and while she has a lovely style, she always asks for the “feel” you are going for with your day. My feel was romantic and airy, and that’s exactly what my pictures look like. She is also fun, personable, and great at making you feel comfortable during her sessions. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer, as well as someone looking for a photographer for any other kind of photo session. Shyann’s wedding work is amazing, but so are all of her other galleries. Your engagement, Bridal, Senior, maternity, newborn, etc...sessions will turn out wonderful and you’ll have a great experience if you choose Shyann. I will use her as much as possible for any of my future photo sessions!

Sent on 01/04/2018
    Shy Laurel Photography 4
    Shy Laurel Photography 5
    Shy Laurel Photography 6

Lauren · Married on 07/03/2016

Choosing Dear Lovely Photography for my bridal portraits and wedding day photos was hands down one of the BEST decisions I've ever made. My expectations were COMPLETELY surpassed-- Shyann and Tawny were so unbelievably amazing and as a duo they were unstoppable. One example of their unparalleled service started with the last minute timing of my bridal portraits which were only SIX DAYS away from my actual wedding date -due to the last minute alterations done on my dress. Shyann not only fit me in last minute but she drove over an hour in a RIDICULOUS rain storm and SOMEHOW made me appear like a beautiful goddess in the photos (even though I felt like I was going to look like a wet dog) and she SOMEHOW edited and returned them ALL to me within 24 hours so that I could have the opportunity to have them printed for my wedding, which I had NO expectation of at all. I was unbelievably stressed that day and the day of the wedding and she was so laid back and comforting, I think she's a low key therapist on the side. She even created a slideshow of the photographs from the wedding which brought EVERYONE to tears. I am as picky as they come and I cannot rave about my experience with Dear Lovely Photography enough--- and I have many opportunities to do so once people see their photos. I will undoubtedly continue to use them for any future photography needs and definitely look forward to doing so.

Sent on 10/15/2016

Mary Anne · Married on 05/30/2015

Shy made my son & daughter-in-law's wedding come alive in the photos she & her assistant took. They were so easy & pleasant to work with & the day is perfectly preserved for us. She also captured plenty of magic in their engagement photos as well. Thank you, Shy Laurel!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Rebecca · Married on 04/18/2015

Shyann was AMAZING and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to capture my wedding day. She completely got my vision. She was extremely flexible, meeting us first at my Aunt's home for the getting-ready shots and then moving along to the venue. She trekked through wooded areas and adapted perfectly when my outdoor reception had to become and indoor reception. She captured important moments and moments that I didn't even realize would be important, and she did all of this with such a great attitude! Every detail was captured for us to remember for years to come, from flowers, cake and settings pictures, to beautiful couple, group and family shots, to incredible party/dancing and reception candids. I could not be happier and I'd book her again in a heartbeat . Basically, she's perfect and worth every penny plus more.

Sent on 02/24/2016

Nicole · Married on 04/14/2013

I absolutely loved our photographer! This was the most important vendor to me and Shyann did an amazing job! We planned our wedding in 3 months and she fit us in to do an engagement session. She got us our pictures before the wedding so we could have a few to print out for the wedding! So fun and easy to work with! She did some really unique shots, along with the traditional ones. I can't wait to see our wedding photos b/c I know they are going to be amazing! Thank you so much again Shyann!

Sent on 04/17/2013

Emily · Married on 06/02/2012

Shyann is an extremely professional and talented photographer! I had some specific ideas on what I wanted for my wedding, and she was very flexible and understanding. I loved how personable she was, contacting and calling me herself and making sure I was a happy bride. She was also very patient, I have two sons who were apart of my wedding and she made sure she caught every moment with them as well! Lastly and one of the most important things is she is extremely talented! I feel like every photo she took was perfect! She caught every smile, laugh, hug and kiss. I don't know how she was in so many places at once, but she is amazing!!!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Jennie · Married on 01/23/2010

I cannot say more wonderful things about Shyann Harker with Shy Photography. Shy is very artistic & has a great eye. I'm absoultely in love with her work!! Bridals, day after session, & wedding day shots have all come out amazing so far!! I cannot wait to see the rest! She really captured some beautiful and very unique shots. She's also wonderful to work with & so much fun to be around! We've had a blast with her!! Shy is so ridiculously talented. I am looking forward to keeping up with her and following her career. She does truly amazing work.

Sent on 02/10/2010

Tawny & Zachary · Married on 11/07/2009

Shyann is an amazing photographer!! From the moment I met Shyann she knew what I envisioned on my wedding day. She captured every moment from our wedding through her amazing work! We were very impressed, & we look forward to future sessions with Shy Photography :)

Sent on 04/14/2010

Katherine · Married on 10/31/2009

Shy is great! She gets better with every shoot she does. Very friendly and laid back. Would have liked a few "traditional" (pose-like) shots in hindsight, but Shy does such a good job you kind of forget

Sent on 04/17/2010

Kylee · Married on 07/23/2010

Shyann is an amazing photographer! If you like to have an artistic touch to your photography then I would definitely recommend her! She worked great with the guests, our family and friends, and the bridal party! She had great flexibility as to rescheduling shoots, hours for the wedding day, etc. Reguarding the responsiveness, she was quick to get back to me when I contacted her - but in the beginning it was difficult to reach her by phone b/c I did not save her number after she first contacted me.... so SAVE the number, its not on her website! :) I would DEFINITELY recommend her to any friend or family member that is in need of a photographer!

Sent on 07/27/2010

Virginia · Married on 05/29/2010

Shyann did an amazing job with the bridal photos and engagement photos. I agree with the other reviewer and had hoped for a few more traditional photos but the final product really made up for it. The only negative thing I can say is that I wished she would have photographed the back of my dress during the bridals and had used more lenses during the session. Looking forward to my wedding photos though. Shyann is personable, works to get the shot, has a great eye, and works with you on your package (she has some great deals). You should check out here photo albums that she hand creates just for you and your hubby. They are amazing!

Sent on 06/14/2010

3.0

Beautiful photos! She's worth the money!

Sent on 02/27/2014