Shuttered Light Photography & Video Reviews

66 Reviews for Shuttered Light Photography & Video

66 Shuttered Light Photography & Video Reviews

Brielle · Getting married on 05/11/2019

Great photo shoot

We recently worked with Richard for our engagement photo shoot. He gives great direction as far as placement and what to do to get the best pictures. We requested a particular shot with the sunlight and he made a point to get the perfect picture. That photo is actually what we chose for our Save the Date announcements. We are happy we had a lot of great pictures come out of that session. Overall it was a great experience and we are looking forward to working with him on our wedding day!

Shuttered Light Photography & Video 1

Austinae · Married on 08/25/2018

We worked with Robbie & Richard on our wedding day, and I have to say that they were an incredible team to work with. Not only did they beautifully capture our wedding day and execute the perfect wedding highlight video, but they were also so sweet, down-to-earth, professional, and creative dudes to work with. It literally felt like they blended in and I didn't feel like they were too pushy or anything like that at all--they went with the pace & flow of the wedding, and still managed to get the shots they needed (despite me having a HUGE family--which is not easy especially when they need to be gathered for photos, video, etc). Overall, great vibes from this crew and I highly recommend working with them!

Gail · Married on 07/07/2018

Our review for Robbie and Richard is LONG OVER DUE!!

When we started planning our wedding, we searched high and low for the best videographers that could DELIVER what we wanted. We spent hours watching Shuttered Light/Fad Era Productions wedding videos, and instantly fell in love. We knew we had to book them ASAP, and thank God we did!

Come our wedding day, we had no idea what to expect. My husband and I did not expect being filmed for 10 hours to be sooo natural. Robbie and Richard came early in the morning, introduced themselves to our family/friends and got right to work. They were so professional, very easy to get along with and extremely helpful the entire day. During my epic meltdowns and freak outs, Robbie was able to calm my nerves and reassured me that a little rain is a blessing. And it truly was, because the rain went away and our wedding was absolutely perfect.

Robbie and Richard was able to capture the most beautiful moments of our wedding, and every time we watch our highlight video, it almost feels like we're re-living that day.

Thank you guys for being the dopest people to work with. You helped make our wedding special, and we are forever grateful.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Thanks for the dope review. We appreciate it. Much love ❤️

Deanna · Married on 03/23/2018

Richard and Don were absolutely fabulous to work with. They got tons of shots and we can't wait to see all of our pictures. Richard has a very creative eye and made the day fun with our family and friends. Our March 2018 wedding will be remembered for a lifetime thanks to them. We also did a trash the dress shoot early the next morning and had a blast in the cold water and crisp air. lol... but he got some amazing shots. Thank you again Richard for all the fun memories. We really appreciate you!!

Mabelle · Married on 02/17/2018

We worked with Richard and his team for our Lake Oak Meadows wedding in February, and everything turned out perfect! We lucked out with the weather on our wedding day so we got some truly memorable sunset photos on a beautiful day. Richard was right on time and extremely professional and coordinated throughout his entire time with us. He always answered our emails quickly and helped us out along the way to our wedding day.

The photos came out amazing. All of the day's details were captured, and we have no worries that we got everything we wanted. They are worth what they charge - play it safe and stick with Shuttered Light!

Sent on 03/27/2018
    Shuttered Light Photography & Video 2
    Shuttered Light Photography & Video 3
    Shuttered Light Photography & Video 4

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you very much for the review. It's our pleasure for our whole team - Photography, Video and Photobooth - to be part of your wedding. We definitely had a great time and glad you guys like the pictures & video and had a great experience. Congratulations and cheers!

Joanna · Married on 01/06/2018

Shuttered lights Photography and video are the best. Richard, Robbie and the whole Shuttered light team are amazing. My husband and I are very happy with the video. They are the dream team when it comes to videography. Richard and his team are very professional and very easy and fun to work with. Richard is always very prompt answering every emails and questions we had. They were able to capture every moment and details of our wedding that will last a lifetime. Everything was captured perfectly from the save the date, the same day edit, the highlights even the raw, behind the scenes videos. All of our families and friends were amazed by how the videos came out. Thank you Shuttered lights for everything. We would highly recommend Richard, Robbie and the Shuttered lights team to all of our family and friends.

Sent on 02/15/2018

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Joanna. We really appreciate your feedback! It's our pleasure to be part of your wedding dream team! :D Congratulations to you and John Paul.

Jessica · Married on 09/24/2017

My husband and I hired Shuttered Light Photography for our wedding in September and let me just say…they are the best in the business! We researched several photographers before our coordinator found Shuttered Light. I was really concerned about finding the right company because pictures of our wedding are so meaningful and irreplaceable. Hiring Shuttered Light to photograph our wedding was the best decision we ever made. We were so impressed by their work and Richard’s personality put us immediately at ease, from the very first meeting. Richard and Don made the whole process natural and fun! Their passion clearly matches their talent. They were able to capture every special moment from a day that meant the world to us. They caught all the little details and really brought our wedding to life through pictures. We got our pictures only two weeks after the wedding!! Going through them and getting to see all the care and attention they poured into capturing our special moments brought tears to my eyes. Words cannot describe how amazing Shuttered Light Photography is. You will not go wrong hiring them to capture a special moment in your life.

• Christine · Married on 07/30/2017

We had an amazing experience with Shuttered Light Photography. I considered photography to be the most important part of my wedding so I spent A LOT of time looking through different vendors. Ultimately, I picked the team that had the best quality for the best price AND they were very easy to work with. They answer questions immediately, work with top quality equipment and they’re just overall fun and easy going people. A lot of these other teams were pushy and intimidating but we got along with Richard and Robbie instantly! They will cater to all your needs and deliver amazing photos. They made us look like
    models and the albums we received were breathtaking. I was worried because they do a lot of outdoor weddings, and mine was a big middle eastern indoor event. They know how to work in both environments and all types of lighting. Our photos turned out amazing and were given to us in less than 3 months from the wedding day. Some people have to wait a year to get their albums and videos. I am really happy I chose Shuttered Light Photography and I can’t thank them enough!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you for the review Christine. We had a great time being part of your wedding dream team. Congratulations to you and Daniel.

Sonia · Married on 07/07/2017

You won't be disappointed!!
    I can’t reiterate how amazing both Richard and Nicole were, he wrote a blog about us that was very nice and heartwarming. I can't thank him enough. I still find myself staring at our photos. He took so many great photos, that it hard for me to decide which my favorites are. My fiancé is so happy too with our photos & the quality of his work. Our families also just Love our pictures, we get so many compliments on our photos. They are truly breath taking photos, the location was more than expected and the way he captured our happiness and love we have together, leaves me speechless

Sent on 06/09/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you very much Sonia and Gerzon for this review. See you guys soon for your big day.

Jeff · Married on 03/19/2017

Richard's Professionalism was amazing. Taking charge of my first ever photo shoot turning it to a major success. I look forward to more and more shoots.

Krista Mae · Married on 02/17/2017

We had the pleasure of meeting Shuttered Light and watching them in action during one of our friends Mr. Lawrence & Mrs. Janina Averion's wedding. Shuttered Light captured the love that filled the room and we knew at that moment that we needed them to capture our love.

Thank you Kuya Richard for your directions during each magnificent shot. I've said this before and I will say it time and time again; God gave you a gift to see the beauty of this world and turn your vision into a work of art. I am forever grateful and thankful for your talents.

Thank you Kuya Robbie & Mr. Ilgar for your videography masterpiece! I watch the video from time to time and every time I fall more and more in love with it! I cannot get over how each scene is perfectly placed to the music; it's like watching a movie trailer and eagerly wanting to watch the movie then realizing you're the star and your reality is your dream come true. Thank you for giving us the ability to relive and walk through our memorable day over and over again for years to come.

Lastly, thank you Ate Izzi for literally weathering out the storm and making it to our wedding to host the PhotoBooth. I'm so glad our flower wall was beautifully incorporated into the photos. It gave it that extra touch.

The ease of working with this team and being able to find all 3 media services at one place was the biggest blessing. Hiring them was the best decision Carrel and I could have made and when we decide to renew our vows hands down we want you guys there again! 10 Year Wedding Anniversary here we come!!!

Thank you again Shuttered Light and FadEra Productions! Love Mr. Carrel and Mrs. Krista Pedro

Danielle · Married on 01/14/2017

From beginning to end, our experience with the Shuttered Light crew (Especially Richard and Robbie) was an exceptional one. After meeting them at the Anaheim Convention Center bridal show, they responded to our emails within days and met up with us equipped with portfolios of their work and great attitudes. They worked with our budget to create a fair contract we could both agree on. They even recommended which sparklers would be best for our send-off photos! Aside from staying in contact with us to confirm locations, dates and times, they met up with us at the park we wanted to have premarital 'first look' at to find the picture-perfect spot. On the wedding day, they arrived on time (even a little early) and got right to work to capture every detail. They even brought their own bodice mannequin for extra special shots of my wedding dress. The staff was always friendly and comfortable and did a great job of taking candids in addition to properly positioning everyone for more posed shots. All in all, I would highly recommend.

Nic · Married on 01/08/2017

First off my wife and I would like to say a big Thank you to Richard, Robbie and their team for making our wedding truly memorable and exciting. My wife had first met them at a wedding expo and she told me we should go and meet with them and boy was that a good decision. They were very professional and understood our vision for how we wanted our wedding to be shot. Communication with them was very punctual and they were always easy to get a hold of if we had any questions. They did both our Engagement & wedding photos/video with great quality and timeliness and we couldn't be happier with how it turned out. So if you're in the market for a wedding photographer/videographer, look no further than Shuttered Light. Thanks again guys!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thanks Nicccolo and Justine. And congrats for the upcoming baby. :)

David · Married on 11/12/2016

My wife and I recently got married on November 12th of this year, and we consider ourselves extremely lucky to have had Shuttered Light Photography & Video cover our wedding!

On our list of priorities, photography and video was very high on the list, as were our expectations. Richard, Robbie & the entire Shuttered team surpassed any expectations we could have ever had.

Richard came to us through a mutual friend, and we now consider Richard a friend of ours, as well. From our initial meeting 10 months prior to the wedding, all the way to the Big Day, Richard has been nothing but positive, professional and diligent. Our dialogue with Richard & Shuttered Light was fluid throughout the entire process. Any time we had a question regarding the wedding, concept or timelines, Richard had an answer or solution for us. His wealth of experience not only comes to light on the wedding day, but throughout the entire process.

When our wedding day arrived, Shuttered Light was prepared, punctual and professional. The staff was allocated accordingly and did an amazing job of staying on the pre-set timeline. One photographer and one videographer were assigned to each of us, respectively. Although the entire team does a great job of getting out of the way (in the best way possible) they managed to capture the best day of our lives with amazing taste, elegance and beauty. Not only did they take amazing photos, they delivered our finished product(s) almost instantly. On the second day of our honeymoon, we already had a finished teaser of the wedding day, that we have received NUMEROUS compliments on and is absolutely stunning. Two weeks later we had all of our photos and an amazing wedding day DVD.

We cannot thank Richard, Robbie and the entire Shuttered Light team enough!

-Dave & Andrea

Sent on 12/07/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you David and Andrea for this detailed feedback. We really appreciate it and thank you for getting us to be part of your wedding. Spread the love!

Louie · Married on 10/22/2016

We are very pleased and happy with their services. I love their creativity and proffesionalism, they are the coolest team to work with! We enjoyed each moment of our photoshoot and most of all we love the outcome of the videos and photos. They know how to capture those unforgettable moments! i would highly recommend them to be part of your dream wedding team.

Sent on 12/16/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thanks Louie and Kristine! It's our pleasure to be part of your wedding.

Kristine · Married on 10/22/2016

This team have exceeded our expectations. They are very cool and fun to work with. We are very happy and satisfied of the outcome of our wedding videos and photos.
    Highly recommendable to all the couples looking for a wedding dream team! ????

Mandi · event on: 09/10/2016

Richard and his crew did an amazing job for our wedding. They were extremely professional and made us feel very comfortable. They knew exactly which shots we wanted and we didn't have to direct them at all. Our photos turned out perfect, I would high recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Mandi and Rey. We are honored to be part of your wedding. Enjoy your wedding album!

Mandi · Married on 09/10/2016

Richard and his Crew did an amazing job for our wedding. They made us feel extremely comfortable and remained professional the entire time. I loved that they stayed until the very end of our event. I have been in weddings where the brides are telling the photographer What shots they wanted, Not once did I have to tell them, they knew exactly what looked best. Our pictures turned out better than my expectations. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

daniella · Married on 08/14/2016

HIRE THEM! As a previous bride I feel like I wasted so many hours talking to other videographers before meeting with Shuttered Light, immediately after meeting with them I hired them. I met with Richard almost 10 months before my wedding and was sure that they were who I wanted to go with. He sent me numerous samples that I was asking for and was so flexible in working with what I wanted. He stayed in contact with me up until the wedding and made sure that all of my questions were answered and that he had a clear idea of what I wanted on my wedding day. I did only use them for video and he even went out of his way to contact our photographer to make sure that they were on the same page to make things flow easily. The day of the wedding 2 video people arrived, Richard and his brother (I can't remember his name!) and they set everything up and were hardly noticeable during the getting ready process or throughout the wedding and reception. During the picture taking process they did have us do a couple of funny things but it ended up looking really great for the video!
    They were able to get our highlight video to us within 2 weeks and we both were soo pleased with the results. My husband even said "I don't even know how they got some of this footage I didn't even see them taking the video!" I would 110 time over tell anyone to use them. They are amazing and in my opinion were incredibly affordable.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Justin and Daniella. It was awesome to be part of your wedding!!!

Ralph · Married on 07/09/2016

I have been trying to find the right time and the right words to begin this review for them, because there aren't enough minutes in the day to thank them or words to express exactly how wonderful it was to work with them on our wedding day. My husband, Ralph and I, recently got married and used Shuttered Light Photography & Video for all of our needs! We took our engagement photos and had them with us the entire day for our wedding. Richard, Robbie, and the rest of their team are a genuine talent that cannot be compared. Ralph and I met them through a bridal expo and were so glad we did. From our first meeting, they were patient, considerate of our needs as a couple, and reassured us they would help provide the best photos and videos of our wedding day. Richard was in constant communication with us, gave us helpful advice and tips for the day-of, and made sure we were prepared and comfortable for the wedding day. On our actual wedding day, they came promptly at the start of our agreed time, watched the hours to ensure they got every perfect shot for photos/videos and were just so much fun to work with. We felt like celebrities for that day, that's for sure! They were very catering and patient with us, even though we ran behind schedule for a few things. Their vision is amazing and to see it come together in their work, is indescribable! Thank you all for your relentless hours in the sun with us to make sure we captured every perfect moment! We'd get married again just to have you guys for our photos and video! Beautiful work!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Hi Ralph and Denise. Thank you for this detailed review. It was our pleasure to be part of your wedding. We don't need to wait for your renewal of vows for us to photograph you again... we can have maternity and newborn session next... just let us know! :) Maybe that time, we can incorporate the 240 and X in the shot. :D

Jackie · Married on 06/11/2016

Richard and his team are FANTASTIC. They captured our day perfectly. There was not a single detail missed and i feel like the puctures help us re-live our special day. They are very professional and listen to what we wanted. They understood us and our personalities and used that to give us amazing pictures. So many great candid comments and beautiful poses. Richard is funny, friendly and light hearted which made everyone in the room comfortable and relaxed. I would definitely recommend shuttered light photography to any bride! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Jackie! It's our pleasure to be part of your wedding dream team.

maureen · Married on 06/04/2016

Shuttered Light Photography and Video captured our day in such a way that no one else could have. Our pictures and video came out beyond perfect. Me and my husband Darwin made the best decision for having them cover from our Engagement to our Wedding Day. Richard and Robbie are very professional. They were an incredible team.They made us feel very comfortable. Richard and Robbie has a way in putting their clients at ease during photoshoots. They scout for proper locations, ensuring that everything was going according to plan. They've captured the most precious moments in our life! Thank you Shuttered Light for doing such an amazing job. We could not be happier with what you did for us. We would highly recommend them for any video/ photographic needs.

Sent on 07/13/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Maureen. It was our pleasure to cover your love story from the engagement session in Big Bear to your wedding in Marina Village in San Diego. Again congratulations to you and Darwin.

Karlo · Married on 05/22/2016

Richard and Robbie are not only the best photographer and videographer that I have ever encountered, they are two seriously incredible people. Richard and Robbie shot our engagement photos and video, and then our wedding in May 22, 2016 (which were AMAZING). The aerial drone shots and same day video edit were an added touch. Their passion really shows in the work they do. During our sessions, they provided a friendly and inviting atmosphere. It was like we've been best friends all this time. They put our needs first, when we wanted more time for photos/video. Just seeing them easily work with other vendors is also important. We couldn't be more happier with their services. We're not kidding when we say, they'll be our family's photo and video guys for future events.

Also, we added the photo booth to our package, and Alan was the Man, hosting my guests. Props to Alan for being so friendly and professional as I received positive feedback from my guests. Love the shots with the kids! :)

Keep doing what great work you guys are doing! You'll be hearing from us in the future!

Thank you!
    Mr. & Mrs. Bobiles

Sent on 06/02/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Wow! Thank you very much for this detailed review. We are honored to be part of your wedding dream team. Awesome wedding! Have fun in Japan! :)
  • I

Ireina · Married on 03/05/2016

Richard & Robbie Fadera and their team of professionals went BEYOND all expectations. I cannot express enough how grateful my husband and I are to have had them as our photographers/videographers.

From the very first day of meeting with them, they were personable, accommodating and knowledgeable. They were understanding, and never once pushed anything extra on us that we didn't want. They helped us customize a package and were in contact with us constantly, very reassuring. They listened to every idea we had, and worked with us to create an amazing engagement session and video.

On the day of the wedding, I could not have been happier to have them there. The entire photography and videography did so much more than what is asked of a photographer. From running around and helping us get some extremely last minute and forgotten items, to guiding the entire wedding party down to the aisle! So many friends and family at the wedding commented on how amazing our photographers are. They did absolutely everything in their power to ensure that our photos looked great. From climbing up a ladder to get the perfect angle, to squeezing in tight spots to get a shot but remain unseen. They ate so quickly and returned back to shooting, I'm both shocked at their endurance and grateful for it.

The wedding itself went by so quickly. What was really several hours, felt like just 40 minutes. This is why photographers and videographers are so important. Being able to show my future kids a picture of family and friends. Playing a video of my grandparents and parents saying "I love you", long after they've gone. This is what Richard, Robbie and their team gave me, and I'm forever grateful for it.

So if you're doing the photographer search dance like I was, read this review and take it to heart. You want a great team by your side that day, and these guys are it.

Sent on 03/11/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Wow, thank you very much Ireina for this detailed review. We are glad that you guys had a bast. We definitely had a great time! Again congratulations to you and Oscar. Enjoy your honeymoon!