Shuttered Light Photography & Video Reviews

Shuttered Light Photography & Video 6
Shuttered Light Photography & Video 7
  • Peter

Peter Mora · Getting married on 02/01/2021

Wedding 1.2019, best vendor ever!

Richard and his team were absolutely terrific to work with for our wedding earlier this year. Since the beginning, Richard was very accommodating in meeting with us to demonstrate his work – meeting us in the evening time after long work days. Communication is one of Richard’s strengths, demonstrating an ability to communicate through phone calls, texts, or e-mail. Working to figure out costs and logistics could not have been any easier.

Above the business side of things, Shuttered Light were very professional the day of our engagement shoot and wedding day. Richard’s directions while photographing and recording us were clear and direct, making us feel at ease the entire time.

On our wedding day, we had a windy event. Yet, Shuttered Light remained calm (keeping us calm) and very much remained professional and diligent the entire time. The finished products really capture the moment – highlighting the memories that each of us had after our wedding.

Above all things, my wife and I were looking for a professional team, who could not only communicate clearly and remain professional the entire time, but could also present with laughs and giggles, keeping the entire day an easy-going type of a vibe. We found that with Shuttered Light. And we will forever be grateful for our time together on such a special day.

Thank you, Richard and Shuttered Light for a wonderful project, and for capturing the best day of our lives!

Sent on 05/05/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin Shimamoto · Getting married on 11/17/2019

Easy choice

I didn't know much about "how to plan a wedding," but I'm very passionate about photography. Richards style was exactly what I was looking for. His look books were top notch professional. Communication has been quick and informative without being overwhelming. I highly recommend Shuttered Light for any memorable occasion.

Sent on 04/21/2019
    Shuttered Light Photography & Video 8
    Shuttered Light Photography & Video 9

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Kristin! We appreciate your review. We had a great time shooting your engagement session. We can not wait for your wedding day. :)

Janette · Married on 08/11/2019

Simply amazing!

If you are looking for an outstanding photographer to hire for your big day, look no further! Richard's work is so good. He is always responsive to my emails and always addresses any concerns I have. He is kind and his sense of humor is great too. My fiancé and I received our engagement photos back really fast and they came out great! His shots are classic, but with a twist of creativity. I can't even wait to see what my wedding day photos will look like. I 100% recommend!

Sent on 01/30/2019
    Shuttered Light Photography & Video 10
    Shuttered Light Photography & Video 11
  • Marian

Marian Ramirez · Married on 06/10/2019

Highly recommended

Very professional from planning the photoshoot up to the day we received the photos. Kuya Richard helped us a lot, especially in planning on how to maximize and efficiently use our limited time — as me and my friends wanted solo and group shots with a total of four attires. He is really flexible and was able to cater what we wanted. I also liked how he gave ideas on how to pose for a good picture, ‘coz personally, I don’t know how to. He made us feel comfortable and we enjoyed the photoshoot a lot. We received the photos earlier than expected and all the photos looked amazing. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Bianca Bustamante · Married on 06/10/2019

Excellent service

Richard is truly one in a million. He is everything you will want in a photographer. I had him to do my graduation photoshoot. Richard is a perfectionist, a professional and really knows what he is doing. If you don’t have an idea on what pose to do, he got a lot of ideas. He has a lot of suggestions. He knows how to use natural lighting and other effects. He also gave us the pictures before the said deadline. It was fast. He is also funny and very friendly. The price he gave us is very affordable. He also gave us freebies and let us change our attires several times. He is very flexible and can always adjust with my requests♥️

Sent on 06/22/2019

Brielle · Married on 05/11/2019

Great photo shoot

We recently worked with Richard for our engagement photo shoot. He gives great direction as far as placement and what to do to get the best pictures. We requested a particular shot with the sunlight and he made a point to get the perfect picture. That photo is actually what we chose for our Save the Date announcements. We are happy we had a lot of great pictures come out of that session. Overall it was a great experience and we are looking forward to working with him on our wedding day!

Sent on 10/22/2018
    Shuttered Light Photography & Video 12

Chan Chrun · Married on 02/02/2019

Loved working with Shuttered Lights!

We went with Richard Fadera and shuttered lights photography for a photo booth option and we found that they were very easy to work with, and they even met all of our needs to help make our wedding day more special than it already was.

Sent on 02/08/2019
  • Suzane

Suzane · Married on 11/18/2018

No need to look any further

If you’re looking for an amazing photographer and videographer look no more!! Book Shutterlight now! Their entire team is amazing. They go above and beyond any other vendor I’ve worked with. They capture every detail, emotion and are professional and fun. You won’t disappointed.

Sent on 01/10/2019
    Shuttered Light Photography & Video 13
  • Christina

Christina Conatser · Married on 11/10/2018

Shuttered Light - Amazing!

I used Shuttered Light as the Videographer for my wedding in November 2018. They were amazing to work with! They were quick and efficient the day of the event and were great at getting all the shots they needed amidst all the other chaos of the day. Our wedding video was ready to view super quick and it was AMAZING! It was everything I wanted! I would highly recommend working with Richard/Robbie/ and Shuttered Light Photography for either your wedding photos or video!

Sent on 01/30/2019

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Christina! I appreciate the feedback. Had an awesome time shooting your wedding. Again, congratulations to you and Remington! :)
  • Austinae

Austinae · Married on 08/25/2018

We worked with Robbie & Richard on our wedding day, and I have to say that they were an incredible team to work with. Not only did they beautifully capture our wedding day and execute the perfect wedding highlight video, but they were also so sweet, down-to-earth, professional, and creative dudes to work with. It literally felt like they blended in and I didn't feel like they were too pushy or anything like that at all--they went with the pace & flow of the wedding, and still managed to get the shots they needed (despite me having a HUGE family--which is not easy especially when they need to be gathered for photos, video, etc). Overall, great vibes from this crew and I highly recommend working with them!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Chris · Married on 07/19/2018

We’ve interviewed several photographers and videographers, and we immediately like Richard and Robbie Fadera from the moment we saw them. They were approachable, easy to talk to, and easy to get along with. The demo of their photos and videos are really good, and they have the style that my now wife and I wanted. Not to mention, we felt the passion they have on their work, and they are willing to help us out with anything else regarding the wedding. After that meeting, we knew that we wanted them. So after few days, we booked them.
    On the day of our wedding, Richard, Robbie, and their team came early at the hotel to start preparing. They were fun to work with, and it’s amazing to see the creativity that’s going on their mind. They work well together that it creates a good flow on our photo and video shoot sessions. They already know what to do that they were able to take a lot of photo and videos. Our wedding party also enjoyed working with them.
    After few weeks, we saw thousand of photos and video highlight and they are all really good. Our guests were amazed on photo and the video quality and editing. You can tell that they are very experienced. It’s no wonder they have 5 stars. So if you are looking for photographer and videographer, you can’t go wrong with Richard and Robbie from Shuttered Light Photography & Fad Era Productions

Sent on 08/13/2018

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you for the feedback Chris and Jescel. We really had a great time and we are honored to be part of it. Thank you for trusting us to be part of your wedding dream team!

Gail · Married on 07/07/2018

Our review for Robbie and Richard is LONG OVER DUE!!

When we started planning our wedding, we searched high and low for the best videographers that could DELIVER what we wanted. We spent hours watching Shuttered Light/Fad Era Productions wedding videos, and instantly fell in love. We knew we had to book them ASAP, and thank God we did!

Come our wedding day, we had no idea what to expect. My husband and I did not expect being filmed for 10 hours to be sooo natural. Robbie and Richard came early in the morning, introduced themselves to our family/friends and got right to work. They were so professional, very easy to get along with and extremely helpful the entire day. During my epic meltdowns and freak outs, Robbie was able to calm my nerves and reassured me that a little rain is a blessing. And it truly was, because the rain went away and our wedding was absolutely perfect.

Robbie and Richard was able to capture the most beautiful moments of our wedding, and every time we watch our highlight video, it almost feels like we're re-living that day.

Thank you guys for being the dopest people to work with. You helped make our wedding special, and we are forever grateful.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Thanks for the dope review. We appreciate it. Much love ❤️

Deanna · Married on 03/23/2018

Richard and Don were absolutely fabulous to work with. They got tons of shots and we can't wait to see all of our pictures. Richard has a very creative eye and made the day fun with our family and friends. Our March 2018 wedding will be remembered for a lifetime thanks to them. We also did a trash the dress shoot early the next morning and had a blast in the cold water and crisp air. lol... but he got some amazing shots. Thank you again Richard for all the fun memories. We really appreciate you!!

Sent on 03/29/2018

Mabelle · Married on 02/17/2018

We worked with Richard and his team for our Lake Oak Meadows wedding in February, and everything turned out perfect! We lucked out with the weather on our wedding day so we got some truly memorable sunset photos on a beautiful day. Richard was right on time and extremely professional and coordinated throughout his entire time with us. He always answered our emails quickly and helped us out along the way to our wedding day.

The photos came out amazing. All of the day's details were captured, and we have no worries that we got everything we wanted. They are worth what they charge - play it safe and stick with Shuttered Light!

Sent on 03/27/2018
    Shuttered Light Photography & Video 14
    Shuttered Light Photography & Video 15
    Shuttered Light Photography & Video 16

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you very much for the review. It's our pleasure for our whole team - Photography, Video and Photobooth - to be part of your wedding. We definitely had a great time and glad you guys like the pictures & video and had a great experience. Congratulations and cheers!

Joanna · Married on 01/06/2018

Shuttered lights Photography and video are the best. Richard, Robbie and the whole Shuttered light team are amazing. My husband and I are very happy with the video. They are the dream team when it comes to videography. Richard and his team are very professional and very easy and fun to work with. Richard is always very prompt answering every emails and questions we had. They were able to capture every moment and details of our wedding that will last a lifetime. Everything was captured perfectly from the save the date, the same day edit, the highlights even the raw, behind the scenes videos. All of our families and friends were amazed by how the videos came out. Thank you Shuttered lights for everything. We would highly recommend Richard, Robbie and the Shuttered lights team to all of our family and friends.

Sent on 02/15/2018

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Joanna. We really appreciate your feedback! It's our pleasure to be part of your wedding dream team! :D Congratulations to you and John Paul.

Jessica · Married on 09/24/2017

My husband and I hired Shuttered Light Photography for our wedding in September and let me just say…they are the best in the business! We researched several photographers before our coordinator found Shuttered Light. I was really concerned about finding the right company because pictures of our wedding are so meaningful and irreplaceable. Hiring Shuttered Light to photograph our wedding was the best decision we ever made. We were so impressed by their work and Richard’s personality put us immediately at ease, from the very first meeting. Richard and Don made the whole process natural and fun! Their passion clearly matches their talent. They were able to capture every special moment from a day that meant the world to us. They caught all the little details and really brought our wedding to life through pictures. We got our pictures only two weeks after the wedding!! Going through them and getting to see all the care and attention they poured into capturing our special moments brought tears to my eyes. Words cannot describe how amazing Shuttered Light Photography is. You will not go wrong hiring them to capture a special moment in your life.

Sent on 10/29/2017
  • Christine · Married on 07/30/2017

We had an amazing experience with Shuttered Light Photography. I considered photography to be the most important part of my wedding so I spent A LOT of time looking through different vendors. Ultimately, I picked the team that had the best quality for the best price AND they were very easy to work with. They answer questions immediately, work with top quality equipment and they’re just overall fun and easy going people. A lot of these other teams were pushy and intimidating but we got along with Richard and Robbie instantly! They will cater to all your needs and deliver amazing photos. They made us look like
    models and the albums we received were breathtaking. I was worried because they do a lot of outdoor weddings, and mine was a big middle eastern indoor event. They know how to work in both environments and all types of lighting. Our photos turned out amazing and were given to us in less than 3 months from the wedding day. Some people have to wait a year to get their albums and videos. I am really happy I chose Shuttered Light Photography and I can’t thank them enough!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you for the review Christine. We had a great time being part of your wedding dream team. Congratulations to you and Daniel.

Sonia · Married on 07/07/2017

You won't be disappointed!!
    I can’t reiterate how amazing both Richard and Nicole were, he wrote a blog about us that was very nice and heartwarming. I can't thank him enough. I still find myself staring at our photos. He took so many great photos, that it hard for me to decide which my favorites are. My fiancé is so happy too with our photos & the quality of his work. Our families also just Love our pictures, we get so many compliments on our photos. They are truly breath taking photos, the location was more than expected and the way he captured our happiness and love we have together, leaves me speechless

Sent on 06/09/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you very much Sonia and Gerzon for this review. See you guys soon for your big day.

Steve · event on 05/06/2017

Richard Fadera did a phenomenal job handling the photography for my birthday event. Beginning with the booking of the event, he was extremely professional and readily available when I needed to review what it was that I was looking for. He informed that he was already familiar with the venue, The Culver Hotel, and discussed with me all of the details regarding setup time, different lenses he would be using, etc. He sent over a contract to me within an hour of hanging up the phone and we were booked. On the day of the party, he promptly arrived on time looking very professional/ presentable. He had a solid understanding that I wanted to capture my guests and myself enjoying ourselves throughout the night and was always there for the opportune moments. My guests found him to be extremely polite, and we received our photos within 3 days. I was thoroughly impressed by the turnaround time and the quality of the photos he provided. I have passed the photos around to my friends and family for review, and with great feedback. Pricing-wise, he was excellent. Although my event was a bit shorter than a wedding or other events he might be used to shooting, he was very flexible and we managed to come to a price that was more than fair for the 3 hours of his services. I would highly recommend him as an event photographer if you are looking for someone affordable, reliable, professional, and skilled.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Jeff · Married on 03/19/2017

Richard's Professionalism was amazing. Taking charge of my first ever photo shoot turning it to a major success. I look forward to more and more shoots.

Sent on 04/17/2017

Krista Mae · Married on 02/17/2017

We had the pleasure of meeting Shuttered Light and watching them in action during one of our friends Mr. Lawrence & Mrs. Janina Averion's wedding. Shuttered Light captured the love that filled the room and we knew at that moment that we needed them to capture our love.

Thank you Kuya Richard for your directions during each magnificent shot. I've said this before and I will say it time and time again; God gave you a gift to see the beauty of this world and turn your vision into a work of art. I am forever grateful and thankful for your talents.

Thank you Kuya Robbie & Mr. Ilgar for your videography masterpiece! I watch the video from time to time and every time I fall more and more in love with it! I cannot get over how each scene is perfectly placed to the music; it's like watching a movie trailer and eagerly wanting to watch the movie then realizing you're the star and your reality is your dream come true. Thank you for giving us the ability to relive and walk through our memorable day over and over again for years to come.

Lastly, thank you Ate Izzi for literally weathering out the storm and making it to our wedding to host the PhotoBooth. I'm so glad our flower wall was beautifully incorporated into the photos. It gave it that extra touch.

The ease of working with this team and being able to find all 3 media services at one place was the biggest blessing. Hiring them was the best decision Carrel and I could have made and when we decide to renew our vows hands down we want you guys there again! 10 Year Wedding Anniversary here we come!!!

Thank you again Shuttered Light and FadEra Productions! Love Mr. Carrel and Mrs. Krista Pedro

Sent on 09/27/2017

Danielle · Married on 01/14/2017

From beginning to end, our experience with the Shuttered Light crew (Especially Richard and Robbie) was an exceptional one. After meeting them at the Anaheim Convention Center bridal show, they responded to our emails within days and met up with us equipped with portfolios of their work and great attitudes. They worked with our budget to create a fair contract we could both agree on. They even recommended which sparklers would be best for our send-off photos! Aside from staying in contact with us to confirm locations, dates and times, they met up with us at the park we wanted to have premarital 'first look' at to find the picture-perfect spot. On the wedding day, they arrived on time (even a little early) and got right to work to capture every detail. They even brought their own bodice mannequin for extra special shots of my wedding dress. The staff was always friendly and comfortable and did a great job of taking candids in addition to properly positioning everyone for more posed shots. All in all, I would highly recommend.

Sent on 01/28/2017

Nic · Married on 01/08/2017

First off my wife and I would like to say a big Thank you to Richard, Robbie and their team for making our wedding truly memorable and exciting. My wife had first met them at a wedding expo and she told me we should go and meet with them and boy was that a good decision. They were very professional and understood our vision for how we wanted our wedding to be shot. Communication with them was very punctual and they were always easy to get a hold of if we had any questions. They did both our Engagement & wedding photos/video with great quality and timeliness and we couldn't be happier with how it turned out. So if you're in the market for a wedding photographer/videographer, look no further than Shuttered Light. Thanks again guys!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thanks Nicccolo and Justine. And congrats for the upcoming baby. :)

David · Married on 11/12/2016

My wife and I recently got married on November 12th of this year, and we consider ourselves extremely lucky to have had Shuttered Light Photography & Video cover our wedding!

On our list of priorities, photography and video was very high on the list, as were our expectations. Richard, Robbie & the entire Shuttered team surpassed any expectations we could have ever had.

Richard came to us through a mutual friend, and we now consider Richard a friend of ours, as well. From our initial meeting 10 months prior to the wedding, all the way to the Big Day, Richard has been nothing but positive, professional and diligent. Our dialogue with Richard & Shuttered Light was fluid throughout the entire process. Any time we had a question regarding the wedding, concept or timelines, Richard had an answer or solution for us. His wealth of experience not only comes to light on the wedding day, but throughout the entire process.

When our wedding day arrived, Shuttered Light was prepared, punctual and professional. The staff was allocated accordingly and did an amazing job of staying on the pre-set timeline. One photographer and one videographer were assigned to each of us, respectively. Although the entire team does a great job of getting out of the way (in the best way possible) they managed to capture the best day of our lives with amazing taste, elegance and beauty. Not only did they take amazing photos, they delivered our finished product(s) almost instantly. On the second day of our honeymoon, we already had a finished teaser of the wedding day, that we have received NUMEROUS compliments on and is absolutely stunning. Two weeks later we had all of our photos and an amazing wedding day DVD.

We cannot thank Richard, Robbie and the entire Shuttered Light team enough!

-Dave & Andrea

Sent on 12/07/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you David and Andrea for this detailed feedback. We really appreciate it and thank you for getting us to be part of your wedding. Spread the love!

Louie · Married on 10/22/2016

We are very pleased and happy with their services. I love their creativity and proffesionalism, they are the coolest team to work with! We enjoyed each moment of our photoshoot and most of all we love the outcome of the videos and photos. They know how to capture those unforgettable moments! i would highly recommend them to be part of your dream wedding team.

Sent on 12/16/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thanks Louie and Kristine! It's our pleasure to be part of your wedding.