Shuttered Light Photography & Video Reviews

80 | Castaic, CA

80 Reviews for Shuttered Light Photography & Video

• Peter

Peter Mora · Getting married on 02/01/2021

Wedding 1.2019, best vendor ever!

Richard and his team were absolutely terrific to work with for our wedding earlier this year. Since the beginning, Richard was very accommodating in meeting with us to demonstrate his work – meeting us in the evening time after long work days. Communication is one of Richard’s strengths, demonstrating an ability to communicate through phone calls, texts, or e-mail. Working to figure out costs and logistics could not have been any easier.

Above the business side of things, Shuttered Light were very professional the day of our engagement shoot and wedding day. Richard’s directions while photographing and recording us were clear and direct, making us feel at ease the entire time.

On our wedding day, we had a windy event. Yet, Shuttered Light remained calm (keeping us calm) and very much remained professional and diligent the entire time. The finished products really capture the moment – highlighting the memories that each of us had after our wedding.

Above all things, my wife and I were looking for a professional team, who could not only communicate clearly and remain professional the entire time, but could also present with laughs and giggles, keeping the entire day an easy-going type of a vibe. We found that with Shuttered Light. And we will forever be grateful for our time together on such a special day.

Thank you, Richard and Shuttered Light for a wonderful project, and for capturing the best day of our lives!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Keisha Jurado · Married on 02/28/2020

Definitely recommended!!

I am speechless with their work.

He took our pictures and they turned out amazing! They were able to capture moments that we would like to cherish forever.

The crew showed up earlier than agreed upon the contract and it shows how dedicated they are to our event. Very professional and easy to work with.

Thank you Richard and your awesome Shuttered Light crew!

Sent on 03/28/2020

Lian Navarro · Married on 02/16/2020

Very satisfied

If you're looking for a professional videographer and photographer, look no further!!! They will surely capture those special moments on your special day. These guys are pleasant to work with, professional and I love their creativity.

Sent on 03/09/2020

Stephanie Enojado · Married on 01/18/2020

Great Photographer!!!

Great photographer to work with! He’s very helpful and Very detail oriented. His photos are so beautiful and have soft lighting. He’s very accommodating too! If you have a request about a certain pose or image, he will do his best to provide it for you and make it look great ☺️

Sent on 03/02/2020
  • Kristennolan

Nolan · Married on 11/30/2019

Professional, Fun, and Breathtaking

We are a shy couple so we were worried when thinking about our engagement and wedding photographer. All of those fears washed away as soon as we met Richard and his team. They made us feel so comfortable while taking our photos and that speaks volumes to their professionalism. Most importantly, they made picture taking fun! Upon receiving our albums, we couldn't believe our eyes. The photos came out so beautiful and all of those feelings from our special day came rushing back. Watching the video was emotional as well. Highly recommend Shuttered Light for your photography needs!

Sent on 02/02/2020

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Nolan and Kristen! We had a fun covering your wedding. Thank you for trusting our team to be part of your wedding. Congratulations!
  • Kristin

Kristin Shimamoto · Married on 11/17/2019

Easy choice

I didn't know much about "how to plan a wedding," but I'm very passionate about photography. Richards style was exactly what I was looking for. His look books were top notch professional. Communication has been quick and informative without being overwhelming. I highly recommend Shuttered Light for any memorable occasion.

Sent on 04/21/2019

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Kristin! We appreciate your review. We had a great time shooting your engagement session. We can not wait for your wedding day. :)
  • Melissa

Melissa Talosig · Married on 11/10/2019

Epic Experience!!!

We absolutely love Shuttered Light Photography and Video Team! They are professional, friendly, fun and made our day extra special! Our wedding day run so smoothly. Booking them for our engagement and wedding was the best choice! We highly recommend Shuttered Light Photography and Video for any special events! Thank you Richard, Robbie, Nick, Gino and Des for making our wedding day so epic!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Melissa. We are glad to be part of your wedding dream team. Congratulations to you and John! :)

Janette · Married on 08/11/2019

Simply amazing!

If you are looking for an outstanding photographer to hire for your big day, look no further! Richard's work is so good. He is always responsive to my emails and always addresses any concerns I have. He is kind and his sense of humor is great too. My fiancé and I received our engagement photos back really fast and they came out great! His shots are classic, but with a twist of creativity. I can't even wait to see what my wedding day photos will look like. I 100% recommend!

Sent on 01/30/2019
  • Marian

Marian Ramirez · Married on 06/10/2019

Highly recommended

Very professional from planning the photoshoot up to the day we received the photos. Kuya Richard helped us a lot, especially in planning on how to maximize and efficiently use our limited time — as me and my friends wanted solo and group shots with a total of four attires. He is really flexible and was able to cater what we wanted. I also liked how he gave ideas on how to pose for a good picture, ‘coz personally, I don’t know how to. He made us feel comfortable and we enjoyed the photoshoot a lot. We received the photos earlier than expected and all the photos looked amazing. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Bianca Bustamante · Married on 06/10/2019

Excellent service

Richard is truly one in a million. He is everything you will want in a photographer. I had him to do my graduation photoshoot. Richard is a perfectionist, a professional and really knows what he is doing. If you don’t have an idea on what pose to do, he got a lot of ideas. He has a lot of suggestions. He knows how to use natural lighting and other effects. He also gave us the pictures before the said deadline. It was fast. He is also funny and very friendly. The price he gave us is very affordable. He also gave us freebies and let us change our attires several times. He is very flexible and can always adjust with my requests♥️

Sent on 06/22/2019

Brielle · Married on 05/11/2019

Great photo shoot

We recently worked with Richard for our engagement photo shoot. He gives great direction as far as placement and what to do to get the best pictures. We requested a particular shot with the sunlight and he made a point to get the perfect picture. That photo is actually what we chose for our Save the Date announcements. We are happy we had a lot of great pictures come out of that session. Overall it was a great experience and we are looking forward to working with him on our wedding day!

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Siboney

Siboney Cordova · Married on 05/10/2019

We LOVE Shuttered Light!

My husband and I had an instant connection with Richard from the first time we met. We loved how personable, funny, and easy-going he was, all while being an extremely talented professional. We did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos with Shuttered Light, and we could not be happier! Richard and his team make you feel so comfortable and guide you through the entire process to make sure you get incredible pictures!
    We received sneak peeks and our full wedding gallery quickly after our wedding date, and our big day was captured completely from beginning to end, without a single detail missed! We are loving reminiscing on our perfect day thanks to Richard and the amazing Shuttered Light team!
    We highly recommend these talented professionals, and we wish you all the best and continued success!

Sent on 11/01/2019

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Siboney and Roland. Your wedding was a dream for us. One of the best backyard weddings ever. You guys are cool and gave us time for pictures. A lot of details and personalized stuffs. You couldn’t tell it’s a backyard wedding at all! Fun times! We are honored to be part of your wedding dream team!

Chan Chrun · Married on 02/02/2019

Loved working with Shuttered Lights!

We went with Richard Fadera and shuttered lights photography for a photo booth option and we found that they were very easy to work with, and they even met all of our needs to help make our wedding day more special than it already was.

Sent on 02/08/2019
  • Suzane

Suzane · Married on 11/18/2018

No need to look any further

If you’re looking for an amazing photographer and videographer look no more!! Book Shutterlight now! Their entire team is amazing. They go above and beyond any other vendor I’ve worked with. They capture every detail, emotion and are professional and fun. You won’t disappointed.

Sent on 01/10/2019
  • Christina

Christina Conatser · Married on 11/10/2018

Shuttered Light - Amazing!

I used Shuttered Light as the Videographer for my wedding in November 2018. They were amazing to work with! They were quick and efficient the day of the event and were great at getting all the shots they needed amidst all the other chaos of the day. Our wedding video was ready to view super quick and it was AMAZING! It was everything I wanted! I would highly recommend working with Richard/Robbie/ and Shuttered Light Photography for either your wedding photos or video!

Sent on 01/30/2019

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Christina! I appreciate the feedback. Had an awesome time shooting your wedding. Again, congratulations to you and Remington! :)
  • Austinae

Austinae · Married on 08/25/2018

We worked with Robbie & Richard on our wedding day, and I have to say that they were an incredible team to work with. Not only did they beautifully capture our wedding day and execute the perfect wedding highlight video, but they were also so sweet, down-to-earth, professional, and creative dudes to work with. It literally felt like they blended in and I didn't feel like they were too pushy or anything like that at all--they went with the pace & flow of the wedding, and still managed to get the shots they needed (despite me having a HUGE family--which is not easy especially when they need to be gathered for photos, video, etc). Overall, great vibes from this crew and I highly recommend working with them!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Chris · Married on 07/19/2018

We’ve interviewed several photographers and videographers, and we immediately like Richard and Robbie Fadera from the moment we saw them. They were approachable, easy to talk to, and easy to get along with. The demo of their photos and videos are really good, and they have the style that my now wife and I wanted. Not to mention, we felt the passion they have on their work, and they are willing to help us out with anything else regarding the wedding. After that meeting, we knew that we wanted them. So after few days, we booked them.
    On the day of our wedding, Richard, Robbie, and their team came early at the hotel to start preparing. They were fun to work with, and it’s amazing to see the creativity that’s going on their mind. They work well together that it creates a good flow on our photo and video shoot sessions. They already know what to do that they were able to take a lot of photo and videos. Our wedding party also enjoyed working with them.
    After few weeks, we saw thousand of photos and video highlight and they are all really good. Our guests were amazed on photo and the video quality and editing. You can tell that they are very experienced. It’s no wonder they have 5 stars. So if you are looking for photographer and videographer, you can’t go wrong with Richard and Robbie from Shuttered Light Photography & Fad Era Productions

Sent on 08/13/2018

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you for the feedback Chris and Jescel. We really had a great time and we are honored to be part of it. Thank you for trusting us to be part of your wedding dream team!

Gail · Married on 07/07/2018

Our review for Robbie and Richard is LONG OVER DUE!!

When we started planning our wedding, we searched high and low for the best videographers that could DELIVER what we wanted. We spent hours watching Shuttered Light/Fad Era Productions wedding videos, and instantly fell in love. We knew we had to book them ASAP, and thank God we did!

Come our wedding day, we had no idea what to expect. My husband and I did not expect being filmed for 10 hours to be sooo natural. Robbie and Richard came early in the morning, introduced themselves to our family/friends and got right to work. They were so professional, very easy to get along with and extremely helpful the entire day. During my epic meltdowns and freak outs, Robbie was able to calm my nerves and reassured me that a little rain is a blessing. And it truly was, because the rain went away and our wedding was absolutely perfect.

Robbie and Richard was able to capture the most beautiful moments of our wedding, and every time we watch our highlight video, it almost feels like we're re-living that day.

Thank you guys for being the dopest people to work with. You helped make our wedding special, and we are forever grateful.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Thanks for the dope review. We appreciate it. Much love ❤️

Deanna · Married on 03/23/2018

Richard and Don were absolutely fabulous to work with. They got tons of shots and we can't wait to see all of our pictures. Richard has a very creative eye and made the day fun with our family and friends. Our March 2018 wedding will be remembered for a lifetime thanks to them. We also did a trash the dress shoot early the next morning and had a blast in the cold water and crisp air. lol... but he got some amazing shots. Thank you again Richard for all the fun memories. We really appreciate you!!

Sent on 03/29/2018

Mabelle · Married on 02/17/2018

We worked with Richard and his team for our Lake Oak Meadows wedding in February, and everything turned out perfect! We lucked out with the weather on our wedding day so we got some truly memorable sunset photos on a beautiful day. Richard was right on time and extremely professional and coordinated throughout his entire time with us. He always answered our emails quickly and helped us out along the way to our wedding day.

The photos came out amazing. All of the day's details were captured, and we have no worries that we got everything we wanted. They are worth what they charge - play it safe and stick with Shuttered Light!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you very much for the review. It's our pleasure for our whole team - Photography, Video and Photobooth - to be part of your wedding. We definitely had a great time and glad you guys like the pictures & video and had a great experience. Congratulations and cheers!
  • Joanna

Joanna · Married on 01/06/2018

Shuttered lights Photography and video are the best. Richard, Robbie and the whole Shuttered light team are amazing. My husband and I are very happy with the video. They are the dream team when it comes to videography. Richard and his team are very professional and very easy and fun to work with. Richard is always very prompt answering every emails and questions we had. They were able to capture every moment and details of our wedding that will last a lifetime. Everything was captured perfectly from the save the date, the same day edit, the highlights even the raw, behind the scenes videos. All of our families and friends were amazed by how the videos came out. Thank you Shuttered lights for everything. We would highly recommend Richard, Robbie and the Shuttered lights team to all of our family and friends.

Sent on 02/15/2018

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Joanna. We really appreciate your feedback! It's our pleasure to be part of your wedding dream team! :D Congratulations to you and John Paul.

Jessica · Married on 09/24/2017

My husband and I hired Shuttered Light Photography for our wedding in September and let me just say…they are the best in the business! We researched several photographers before our coordinator found Shuttered Light. I was really concerned about finding the right company because pictures of our wedding are so meaningful and irreplaceable. Hiring Shuttered Light to photograph our wedding was the best decision we ever made. We were so impressed by their work and Richard’s personality put us immediately at ease, from the very first meeting. Richard and Don made the whole process natural and fun! Their passion clearly matches their talent. They were able to capture every special moment from a day that meant the world to us. They caught all the little details and really brought our wedding to life through pictures. We got our pictures only two weeks after the wedding!! Going through them and getting to see all the care and attention they poured into capturing our special moments brought tears to my eyes. Words cannot describe how amazing Shuttered Light Photography is. You will not go wrong hiring them to capture a special moment in your life.

Sent on 10/29/2017
  • Christine · Married on 07/30/2017

We had an amazing experience with Shuttered Light Photography. I considered photography to be the most important part of my wedding so I spent A LOT of time looking through different vendors. Ultimately, I picked the team that had the best quality for the best price AND they were very easy to work with. They answer questions immediately, work with top quality equipment and they’re just overall fun and easy going people. A lot of these other teams were pushy and intimidating but we got along with Richard and Robbie instantly! They will cater to all your needs and deliver amazing photos. They made us look like
    models and the albums we received were breathtaking. I was worried because they do a lot of outdoor weddings, and mine was a big middle eastern indoor event. They know how to work in both environments and all types of lighting. Our photos turned out amazing and were given to us in less than 3 months from the wedding day. Some people have to wait a year to get their albums and videos. I am really happy I chose Shuttered Light Photography and I can’t thank them enough!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you for the review Christine. We had a great time being part of your wedding dream team. Congratulations to you and Daniel.

Sonia · Married on 07/07/2017

You won't be disappointed!!
    I can’t reiterate how amazing both Richard and Nicole were, he wrote a blog about us that was very nice and heartwarming. I can't thank him enough. I still find myself staring at our photos. He took so many great photos, that it hard for me to decide which my favorites are. My fiancé is so happy too with our photos & the quality of his work. Our families also just Love our pictures, we get so many compliments on our photos. They are truly breath taking photos, the location was more than expected and the way he captured our happiness and love we have together, leaves me speechless

Sent on 06/09/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you very much Sonia and Gerzon for this review. See you guys soon for your big day.

Steve · event on: 05/06/2017

Richard Fadera did a phenomenal job handling the photography for my birthday event. Beginning with the booking of the event, he was extremely professional and readily available when I needed to review what it was that I was looking for. He informed that he was already familiar with the venue, The Culver Hotel, and discussed with me all of the details regarding setup time, different lenses he would be using, etc. He sent over a contract to me within an hour of hanging up the phone and we were booked. On the day of the party, he promptly arrived on time looking very professional/ presentable. He had a solid understanding that I wanted to capture my guests and myself enjoying ourselves throughout the night and was always there for the opportune moments. My guests found him to be extremely polite, and we received our photos within 3 days. I was thoroughly impressed by the turnaround time and the quality of the photos he provided. I have passed the photos around to my friends and family for review, and with great feedback. Pricing-wise, he was excellent. Although my event was a bit shorter than a wedding or other events he might be used to shooting, he was very flexible and we managed to come to a price that was more than fair for the 3 hours of his services. I would highly recommend him as an event photographer if you are looking for someone affordable, reliable, professional, and skilled.

Sent on 05/09/2017