Shutter and Sound Films Reviews

Shutter and Sound Films 6
Shutter and Sound Films 7
  • Maura

Maura Durkin · Getting married on 06/05/2020

If you want your wedding video to blow people away.....hire them

Hands down, Shutter and Sound was the best decision I made for my wedding day. Juan and Spencer were my videographers for the day, and they were kindest, sweetest, and most easy going individuals I have ever met. Even when a few things went wrong during the day, they both went along with the flow and adapted instantly to make sure I didn't have a panic attack. Juan knew exactly how to calm me down and make me feel like everything was going to be okay on his watch. And guess what, it was! I wish I could give you all a behind the scenes look of my day and have you truly see how talented, professional, and absolutely loads of fun Spencer and Juan are. My husband and I will get to cherish their beautiful artwork of our wedding highlight video, the Instagram Highlight video (highly suggest purchasing this feature), and our full wedding video for the rest of our lives. I catch myself watching my wedding highlight video quiet often and each time I never fail to cry. The shots compliment with the brilliant music choices perfectly capture Shane's and my love for each other and the feeling we wanted to give our guests as they celebrated our day with us: love, laughter, and a night that will be remembered forever.

I can go on for hours about how much I loved working with Shutter and Sound, but I am going to get to the point: Hire Shutter and Sound. You will not regret it. Go check out Shane's and my video and you will see how talented there are!!! :)

~ Maura and Shane O'Mara

Sent on 06/02/2019

Ashley Massaro · Getting married on 11/02/2019

Amazing quality.

This vendor is amazing to work with and their product was sublime. The picture and sound quality was top notch and the prices are fabulous.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Jillian · Married on 05/18/2019

Highly Recommend Shutter and Sound!!!

I highly recommend Shutter and Sound!! Our video came out amazing and we could not be more happy! Mike Osowski was our videographer and he was great!!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/10/2019

In love with our highlight video!

So thrilled with S&S, not enough words to say it all honestly. I communicated with Quinn via email before the wedding- she was SO helpful and responsive, always on top of things and organized. We had Seth and Megan as videographers for the day of and they were amazing. Clearly so experienced and talented, they got some really cool shots of us throughout the day and I cannot wait to see it all when we get our raw footage and documentary edit. We received the highlight video while we were on our honeymoon and watched it probably 40 times before even coming back home, it was done so beautifully, we are in love. Seth and Megan both made us feel so comfortable all day long, even when some of the shots they have to get feel cheesy or staged, they acknowledged it and we laughed it off, then it's amazing how stunning it turned out in the video!!! Couldn't be happier! Also worth noting, the price was more than reasonable for the quality of the work they did and the final product!!! Last thing, my husband and I wanted to use a song special to us that wasn't on any of the sites S&S uses, but they were so willing to work with us and helped us get a personal license directly from the band so we could use it in our video! SO happy and I highly recommend!

Sent on 06/06/2019

Melissa · Married on 05/03/2019

The absolute best cinematographers

Shutter and Sound Boston is exceptional!! The entire process from planning, to day of the wedding, to final product was absolutely seamless thanks to Quinn. Our videographer was Mike and he was amazing to work with, he flew the drone and captured so many little moments that put together made for an incredible highlight video. We have had countless compliments from friends and family about how much they loved it! My husband was on the fence about having a videographer for our wedding but once he saw the final product he was blown away and so happy we did. Their work speaks for themselves, the editing is unparalleled. I would highly recommend them to any couple looking to hire a great team who produces beautiful cinematography, hands down.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Jess · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing! Book them!

Shutter and Sound Boston was AMAZING! They were so great to work with and extremely responsive from beginning to end. Mike was so nice and made us feel super comfortable (and they suffered through the coldest April day with us, so we're extra grateful). There was no stress at all the day of our wedding and seriously the highlight video is unreal! Can't even compare them to other videographers in the area, they are above and beyond. Book them, you won't regret it!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Haya

Haya · Married on 04/06/2019

A Dream to Work With

My husband and I worked with Quinn from Shutter & Sound Films to coordinate the details for our videographers, Michael & Cody. It was so easy to work with the team and they were extremely helpful throughout the process. They were also very professional, responsive and flexible with our needs. During the wedding day, both Michael & Cody worked closely with our photographer to get the shots needed for the multi-camera and highlight videos as well as my husband and I to get the right artistic shots for the videos. When I received the highlight video it was more than what we expected and we received so many compliments about how beautiful it was. It's all thanks to our amazing team! Thank you!!

Sent on 04/21/2019
  • Nicolette

Nicolette · Married on 03/22/2019

Shutter and Sound were absolutely amazing

Shutter and Sound films were absolutely awesome to work with. So easy going and their work is truly amazing. My friends and family are in awe of the highlight video that he got to us the week after we got married! My friends said that the highlight video was the most professional and beautiful wedding video they ever saw. Shutter and Sound films were able to catch our wedding in a way that every single time we watch the video, we feel like we are back in each moment of that special day. Thank you for capturing the most amazing day of my life!

Sent on 04/14/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra R Cassel · Married on 03/02/2019

Obsessed!

We worked with Hans and could not be happier with the end result of our videos. He was such a pleasure to work with, and was very patient with my specific requests. Would highly recommend Hans and the Shutter and Sound team to capture your special day in TV/Movie-quality footage!

Sent on 03/23/2019

cindy xu · Married on 03/02/2019

Amazing Video

We had an amazing experience working with Shutter and Sound, and we couldn't be happier with our wedding highlight video - we have probably watched it at least 20 times since we first received it about a week ago. Alex was our videographer and he is a complete professional and knew exactly what he was doing, and made us feel really comfortable the entire time. He also did an absolutely fantastic job editing the video, which flowed seamlessly and beautifully. Their pricing is also extremely fair, and the quality of the work is really top-notch. We are so happy we opted for a videographer, as we'll be able to replay these happy memories over and over again, all thanks to Shutter and Sound!

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Jade

Jade Brown · Married on 02/01/2019

So in love!

Amazing! Everyone we worked with was extremely helpful, responsive, and most importantly: friendly. Our main shooter was Eric and not only is he great at what he does, but he’s also personable and great to have with you for 8+ hours!! It was less than 20 degrees the day of our wedding and our first look was outside. Eric made sure to get every shot he needed as quickly as possible without losing any quality. He didn’t waste any time planning his next shot or what he wanted us to do. He knew exactly what he was doing the entire time.

Kylee, the Scheduling Manager, helped with all the “paperwork” and answered all of our questions throughout the entire process. She was so quick to respond to my emails that it was like we were having a real-time conversation! One thing I really liked was how we paid. It was through an electronic debit from your checking account and you could pay as much as you wanted, anytime you wanted, as long as it was completely paid off by the due date. With all the vendors needing final payments around the same time and mostly all requesting these payments via check, it was great to have the option to make instantaneous payments throughout the months on our own schedule.

We received our highlight video literally FIVE DAYS after the wedding. How fast is that?! The video is absolutely perfect and we are continuously receiving compliments on it. We can’t stop watching it ourselves! The rest of our package will be delivered in the upcoming weeks, but I am so glad we already have the highlight.

I love that Shutter and Sound allows you to purchase all the raw footage from the day. I know I missed out on so much and I’m excited to be able to catch some of it! This is in addition to the ceremony and speeches, which I also can’t wait to watch. So happy we’ll be able to have all of this for the rest of our lives—and this is coming from a couple who originally decided NOT to have a videographer.

Love Shutter and Sound and am so, so happy we found them for our wedding day!

Sent on 02/17/2019
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 01/19/2019

Happy crying!

Absoulte perfection. We LOVED our video SOO much. They captured the entire day/night perfectly. Highly reccomend them to any couples getting married. We can't stop watching our video. They were so fun and energetic to work with! thanks again for the best video!

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • Paige

Paige Dougherty · Married on 01/01/2019

The Boston-based team is out of this world

I was married on New Years Day at Willowdale Estate in Topsfield, MA and Shutter and Sound's Boston team BLEW US AWAY. From day one, Quinn was so unbelievably helpful and kind. My now husband and I went back and forth on having a videographer and we are SO VERY GLAD that we did. If you are on the fence, don't hesitate - you need Shutter and Sound in your life. Cody was our videographer and he was nothing short of incredible. He was so lovely to work with and made the planning process a breeze. We aren't local to MA anymore but Cody was not only flexible with our planning phone calls, but he completely took any worry/stress out of planning from a distance. He was amazing on the day of the wedding and made the process so fun. We just received our highlight video yesterday (just two weeks after the wedding!) and we are so obsessed. We have watched it 100 times in the past 12 hours and love it more every time. Cody captured our day so perfectly. We can't say enough good things about Cody, Quinn, and Shutter and Sound. We are forever grateful!

Our highlight video for those who are curious: https://vimeo.com/311514185

Sent on 01/16/2019

Lindsey Marks · Married on 12/31/2018

Shutter and sound blew us away

My husband and I got married this past New Years Eve at the Boston Harbor Hotel and so far, Shutter and Sound has exceeded our expectations. Initially, I was really apprehensive about hiring a videographer, it seemed like a large extra expense that we could do without. However, I had done a lot of research, and took the plunge with Shutter and Sound. I’m so glad we made the decision to hire them to do the videography for our wedding. Cody, our Boston-based videographer from Shutter and Sound was wonderful to partner with. He maintained great communication with us throughout our planning process and produced EXCEPTIONAL work. We just received our highlight video and were BLOWN AWAY. We highly highly recommend using this company and requesting Cody (if you are in the Boston area). We had such a positive experience and are sure we will have plenty more to rave about when we see our full feature documentary which is scheduled to arrive in about a month.FIVE STARS to Shutter and Sound, you rocked it!

Sent on 01/11/2019
  • Jaclynne

Jaclynne · Married on 11/03/2018

Five Stars

I think this was the smartest vendor choice I made for my wedding. I found Shutter and Sound on Instagram, combing through cheesy wedding footage until I found a short montage they posted. It was emotional, authentic, and elegant - I KNEW that as far as my style of content went, they were one of few contenders. From the start, they were responsive and professional. Kevin was my on-site videographer, and right away he was really enthusiastic about my venue specifically, instilling me with real assurance that he would capture the event to the level it deserved. He was relaxed and fun and made my entire group feel the same way, and the result was totally magical. And that's just my teaser video - I know I have 8 hours of flawless footage coming my way in a few weeks.

Personally, I think they don't charge enough. They were my least expensive vendor, but if you're striking the iron, it's hot right now.

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Mark

Mark · Married on 10/27/2018

Shutter and Sound is masterful

Shutter and Sound is profoundly good at what they do. Quinn, our contact there, was always on top of things, very easy to work with, and was very responsive.

Ched and Jeannelle were nothing short of masterful on our big day. We've actually seen the two of them work twice now (once for a friend's wedding a month prior to our own, and then our own this past weekend), and each time, they captured high-quality footage both individually and together.

We can't recommend Shutter and Sound enough, and we can't recommend these three highly enough. If you decide to go with them, you'll be in very capable hands.

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Videographer in Bay Area!

Shutter and Sound were fabulous to work with. The entire team was very responsive from the beginning to the end. On our actual wedding day they came prepared and ready to get the best shots. We received our Highlight Video within a week and were beyond happy with the quality and detail.

We highly recommend using Shutter and Sound if you want the best quality and a professional team!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Bridget · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing videographers!

Seth was the lead videographer for my DC wedding, and he was absolutely amazing to work with. The highlight video was completed in record time (1-2 weeks), and Seth accomodated the small change I requested to the initial video. We watched the longer, multi-camera edit of the wedding (ceremony, speeches, important dances at the reception) last night and were really impressed by the quality. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/28/2018

KELSEY L MCCAUSLAND · Married on 10/07/2018

Thank you, Shutter and Sound!!!

From the great communication, easy planning/scheduling, to the final product- we could not be happier that we had Shutter and Sound to capture our day. Our videographer, Hans, is incredibly talented with an artistic eye. Our highlight video came back so quickly and looks like a trailer to the greatest love story ever told. The Shutter and Sound team was so lovely to work with answering our questions and making our day feel like a dream. Hans captured raw and real moments without ever getting in the way of them, made us feel very comfortable and put our video together beautifully. We truly can't say enough good things about Shutter and Sound.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Amanda Walfield · Married on 10/07/2018

Couldn't be happier!

We had the pleasure of using Shutter and Sound of Boston for our wedding in October 2018. Our videographers, Michael and Kevin, were amazing! They first met the bride and groom at their respective homes, and filmed every moment leading up to the ceremony. During the ceremony they used multiple cameras in order to make sure they did not miss a thing! Same thing goes for the reception, where it seemed that they were always in the middle of the action, making sure to document each special moment. They captured so many incredible moments that went by in the blink of an eye, but that we will now be able to remember and cherish for our entire lives! When we received our highlight video a few weeks after the wedding, we were blown away!! Somehow, they were able to fit all of the most important moments into a perfectly flowing masterpiece that captured the essence of our wedding day! All of our families and friends could not stop sending us compliments in regard to how much they loved the highlight video. We are currently waiting for our hard drive of the multi-camera edit and the raw footage, but if the highlight video is any representation of what is to come, we are sure to be extremely pleased with this as well. Overall, we were extremely happy with our choice of videographer, and we would recommend Shutter and Sound of Boston to all our friends and families.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Rachel · Married on 10/07/2018

Shutter and Sound San Francisco is Amazing!

We had a wonderful experience working with Kylee Parks, the scheduling manager, and Austen Paul, our main video producer, for our October 2018 wedding in San Mateo, CA. From the very start, Kylee was extremely attentive, patient, thorough, and helpful in guiding us through package, music selection, and wedding day decisions. She was easily accessible through email and by phone, accommodating every question and request we made. Kylee was a joy to work with and made the overall planning and logistical experience smooth and pleasant.

On our wedding day, we met Austen and his lovely second cinematographer. They both arrived early, looked professional, and were ready to get to work. Austen and his second shooter were creative with their angles, perfected lighting and colors, and knew how to beautifully capture the moment without interfering. They made us, our family, and honored guests feel comfortable and most importantly, free to be ourselves. We appreciated how they worked collaboratively with our photographers under our strict time constraints, especially since they both needed to get their necessary shots.

Our short highlight video was ready in just 7 days after our wedding. We were impressed, to say the least, with the quick turnaround time but also with the professional quality of the video. Austen and his team were generous with their time, even allowing us to make changes to our finalized product. After a few weeks, we received our highlight video, our multi-cam edit, and the raw footage in a convenient external hard drive. We will be sure to replay them for years to come as we reminisce on our wonderful day. We could not be happier with the Shutter and Sound Films SF team and we, along with my professional photographer brother, will be highly recommending them to our engaged family and friends.

Sent on 02/17/2019
  • W

Wanda · Married on 10/06/2018

Couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding video! Shutter and Sound did an amazing job filming all of the details. The videographers were extreamly professional and easy to get along with. Everyone we worked with was so kind and helpful.

Sent on 08/24/2018
  • Mastarin

Mastarin · Married on 10/06/2018

Rob & Mas wedding 10.6

We originally weren't going to do video for our wedding, and at the very last minute decided to do it. Since we waited till the last minute, many of the good videographers were already booked. When Shutter & Sound reached out to us stating that they were available, we didn't even hesitate and immediately jumped on it because my husband and I both loved all the work we saw. I can 100% say that we made the right decision on this. Eric & Matt were our videographers, and they were both so great to work with, we had so much fun throughout the entire process. Our highlight film was done so quickly and every single person that has seen it, have all said how amazing it turned out. My husband and I were literally in tears at our beautiful it was. We can't thank you guys enough and would 100% recommend Shutter & Sound to anybody and everybody looking to do video for their wedding.

Sent on 11/24/2018

Sarkisian · Married on 09/29/2018

A+++++++++++

WOWWWW! Our wedding video exceeded our expectations. From the very beginning working with Quinn who was so helpful and super quick to respond to all my emails. To our wedding day working with Michael who truly has a gift. Also the drone footage we added to our package was worth every penny, it made our video so cool! THANK YOU SHUTTER AND SOUND YOU GUYS ARE INCREDIBLE!

Sent on 10/26/2018