Shula's Hotel and Golf Club Reviews

Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 7
  • Maria

Maria Crowley 路 Getting married on 11/05/2019

Thank You Shula's Catering for a Fabulous Event

I would like to highly recommend the Shula's Hotel on Mainstreet for any occasion big or small! I had an excellent experience with my team planning our event on May 11 for our Charity Zonta Club of Miami Lakes! We had Dana Valdez the Catering Director and her staff truly help us in every detail from food to room details and everything was fabulous! Dana and Elliot did everything from suggesting the perfect reception appetizers to arrangement of the room with the most beautiful in house centerpieces! Also Manny the head chef was absolutely wonderful making sure everything tasted amazing and the carving stations were delicious! Overall a great event BIG thank you to the Shula's staff we look forward to having our event there next year! All the Best! Maria Crowley, Zonta CLub of Miami Lakes President

Sent on 05/22/2019

Mari Vargas 路 Married on 06/29/2019

Perfect wedding 馃帺 Perfect location

We celebrated our wedding on 6/29/19 at this beautiful Don Shulas Steak House. I don't have a single complaint. The food from the bread to the drinks to the main meal to the dessert was superb. Everything went smoothly. The wait staff were right on point. Great place for a 馃懓
    This venue just doesn鈥檛 quit and continues to reign as one of the best. The grounds and the Golf Club are a perfect backdrop for pictures, Don Shulas is the most exquisite-day to lit up the night. The staff is utterly professional and wearing the crispest uniforms, everyone make us feel special. The management Alicia Bloom is truly a pleasured to partner with, she is the most organized, caring and lovely person you will ever meet, she even to her time on her day off to make sure everything was right on point, she is a blessing and it was an honor to have her part of our union. The food is frankly, consistently over the top, offering everything imaginable, the ribeye 馃ォ, salmon and the Filet Mignon was delicious. You can鈥檛 go wrong here for a wedding, social function or corporate event. Thank you to all the staff, photographer,manager, coordinator and everyone that made our day a dream come true an especially to the one and only Queen of Perfection, Alicia Bloom-Business Development Manager thank you, thank you we are eternally grateful. To completed our night we stayed at Don Shulas Hotel suite, it was beautiful with a Golf Club view and beautiful. We definitely recommend again and again.

Sent on 07/07/2019

Kassandra Rebull 路 Married on 01/19/2019

What an experience!

I don't even know where to begin to describe how amazing our experience was with Shula's Hotel's venue and staff. First, Dana is fantastic. She is warm and super easy to work with. She will work with you as much as possible to make your vision/dreams come true. Oliver was also amazing! He went above and beyond for us at our wedding to feel comfortable, special, and taken care of. The catering department as a whole was awesome as well; everyone complimented our food and the service was very speedy (which was nice since we wanted to get on the dance floor ASAP!). We also loved the conference room for the bridal party to get ready in & the suite we were able to stay in the night of. Overall, we experienced the wedding of our dreams and it was all thanks to the amazing staff at Shula's. THANK YOU AGAIN! :)

Sent on 01/21/2019
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 8
  • Spring

Spring 路 Married on 12/30/2018

Best Value Venue, Excellent Quality and Service

We were planning our wedding from Chicago, but the staff at Shula's completely put us at ease. They went through my extremely long emails, answered all of my neurotic questions and were flexible enough to meet with us when we came to town to visit. The end result was phenomenal! Our guests were talking about how amazing the food was and how beautiful the venue was weeks after the wedding was over. We also need to stress how much value we got for our money! Very reasonable for the quality of food and service we received. If we had to do it all over again, we would do it at Shula's!

Sent on 04/21/2019
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 9

Edward Kundrat 路 Married on 12/13/2018

Great Holiday dinner at Shula's

From the outset of planning the event, and coordinating all the details over several months leading up to the date, Martha was very responsive and helpful with everything. Our company decided to have a local Holiday dinner for the employees and the venue was wonderful at Shula's. It was quite spacious, and the outdoor area had a nice ambiance. The decorations, lights, centerpieces, and A/V systems they provided were also high quality and classy.

Thanks for hosting us, and being so helpful.

Sent on 12/17/2018
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 10
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 11

Shula's Hotel and Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to host such a great end of year party . We hope we can be of service in 2019 for any and all events you may have .
  • Priscilla

Priscilla 路 Married on 11/03/2018

My perfect day!

Amber Brown, the event/catering coordinator was a DREAM to work with. She was responsive, upbeat attitude, quick on her feet, and I enjoyed every interaction with her. Everything was perfect and everyone complimented us on the wedding and they LOVED the food. Shula Hotel and Amber worked with our budget and made our dreams a reality. The day of the wedding, Amber made everything flow smoothly and made sure we had what we needed, were comfortable, brought my husband and myself a drink after the ceremony during pictures and made sure everyone was where they needed to be. I was even able to have my dog be a part of the ceremony and they booked my complimentary room down the road at their dog friendly sister hotel in order to have a place to keep my dog during the reception. I had everything I wanted and I鈥檓 beyond grateful! Thank you Shula Hotel and a HUGE THANK YOU TO AMBER! 鈾ワ笍鈾ワ笍鈾ワ笍

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 23
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 24
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 25

Shula's Hotel and Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much !! We enjoined every minute of your special day, and that you for your wonderful feedback and beautiful pictures!!

Jessica 路 Married on 07/07/2018

I want to personally thank Dana Valdez for being so kind and helpful. To Manny and the catering team amazing job. I highly recommend Don Shula ballroom. The staff were extremely nice, From the Hierrezuelo family.

Sent on 07/09/2018
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 26
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 27
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 28
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 29
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 30

Shula's Hotel and Golf Club's reply:

Thank you Jessica, it was our pleasure and it was absolutely a beautiful
    Sweet 16 !!!

Gladys 路 event on 05/03/2018

Paul Johnson was just absolutely wonderful. He went above and beyond for us in the preparation for this event. A 50 year anniversary does not come often and he made this event spectacular. The guests gave us very good feedback as well. I was extremely overwhelmed in the preparation of this party and Paul just put me a ease. He has such a pleasant attitude and always available for any question to answer at any time. I was truly pleased with my selection of venue and with my catering planner.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Leanna 路 Married on 04/08/2018

At first we had a hard time finding a venue for our extremely intimate (15 guest) wedding but Shula's turned out to be perfect for us because of the catering coordinator, Amber. Amber went above and beyond every expectation we had; she showed us every option to make our day what we wanted, she was completely flexible with us, she was completely hands on, she answered the ridiculous amount of questions we had and never once made us feel like we were bothering her. The day of our ceremony she was there taking care of everything and running around to make sure we didn't have to. I honestly can't say enough about her, our day would not have gone nearly as smoothly if she hadn't been there taking care of things every step of the way.

Sent on 04/14/2018

Maite 路 Married on 03/24/2018

Excelente sevices and attention. Alicia , the events coordinator , is extremely profesional . Thank you so much to Shulla鈥檚 employees to make us a wonderful day.

Sent on 04/07/2018
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 31
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 32
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 33

Miriam 路 Married on 03/10/2018

Great experience, Paul, the planner, is excellent, helped us with everything and solved in minutes the weather situation moving everything.
    The food was also great, nothing else than compliments from the invitees.
    Highly recommend this venue,

Sent on 03/19/2018

Maria 路 Married on 01/27/2018

We loved working with Shula's. The grounds are breathtaking. The FOOD is phenomenal (the mash potatoes are like a gift from heaven #obsessed.) Nearly everyone that talked about our wedding said how AMAZING the food was. As a company, It shows that they care not only about their customers but also their people. Everyone we encountered was so happy to be working with them and they were happy to be at work and helping you.

Dana and Amber are AMAZING! Their attention to detail and care with our wedding made us feel like we were working with family! We had some issues in the beginning, but after Dana took over we quickly forgot all about them and could not have been more at ease. They took great care to make sure that everything was set up how we wanted. They even went as far as to help us find a last minute vendor to hang some of our decor. We would definitely HIGHLY recommend asking to have them oversee your event.

We love Shula's and could not imagine having our wedding anywhere else.

Sent on 02/04/2018
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 34
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 35
    Shula's Hotel and Golf Club 36

Shula's Hotel and Golf Club's reply:

Thank you Maria and Robby !! It was such a pleasure to work with you both Amber and I really enjoyed the evening and are glad to have been apart of your special day .
    Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures !

Andres 路 Married on 01/05/2018

Our wedding was extremely beautiful and warm as we dreamed it. The catering director was extremely kind and flexible from the first day, where we were inspired by a lot of confidence to be able to define that Shula's Hotel would be our wedding venue. The food that they give to taste for the wedding is extremely rich, the staff was always attentive before and during the wedding, where there was a complete coordination of the schedules that we had anticipated. I recommend Shula's Hotel 100%, since everything they offer is of high quality and utmost professionalism where you will not have to worry about anything.

Nuestra boda fue sumamente hermosa y c谩lida como lo so帽amos. La directora de catering fue sumamente amable y flexible desde el primer dia, en donde nos inspirmo muchisima confianza para poder definir que Shula's Hotel seria nuestro wedding venue. La comida que dan a degustar para la boda es sumamente rica, el staff siempre estuvo atento antes y durante la boda, en donde se notaba una coordinacion completa de los horarios que habiamos preevisto. Te recomiendo Shula's Hotel 100%, ya que, todo lo que ofrecen es de mucha calidad y alitisima profesionalidad en donde no tendras que preocuparte por nada.

Sent on 01/23/2018

Nadine 路 Married on 11/02/2017

Extremely satisfied with the way Shulas handled our event.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Lissette 路 Married on 06/24/2017

Our experience with the planning and execution of this event was extraordinary. Amy Orta provided the best service imaginable and helped us with every detail along the way and went above and beyond the day of the actual event. Manny Carrasquel was extremely professional and helpful. His staff was also great. The food was delicious and came out quickly, hot and very well presented. The guests were extremely pleased and complimented the food and service.

I am beyond thankful for the service we were provided and it was an absolute pleasure to deal with Amy and have her support throughout this process. She is an excellent professional who provided terrific guidance, support, and service. We would without a doubt have another event at Shula's and we highly recommend the venue and its staff.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Shannon 路 Married on 03/18/2017

If you are searching for a wedding venue look no further! The grounds at Shula's are stunning and so well maintained, perfect setting for an outdoor ceremony. Dana Valdez is the catering director, she's exactly who you want with you to keep the wedding planning process from becoming overwhelming. Top notch professional but so relatable, approachable, and fun. She works her butt off from start to finish and it's more than just her doing her job, she cares and it shows. Nothing but gratitude and thanks to Dana and Shula's!

Sent on 03/28/2017

Meagan 路 Married on 03/08/2017

Dana V. and Maria P. were AMAZING to work with. They made everything as easy and smooth as possible during our corporate event at Shula's. They are both on top of it, always quick to respond, and so very accommodating.

Sent on 03/23/2017
  • Melinda & Raymond

MELINDA 路 Married on 12/17/2016

Adams Winter Love 12/17/16. Shula Hotel was BEAU-TEE-FUL Dana Valdez Direct of Catering and Filomena Flagg were very professional every step of the way.

Sent on 01/30/2017

Mindy 路 Married on 11/13/2016

Dana V. is absolutely amazing at what she does!! Initially, I attempted to plan this wedding alone but she went above and beyond to make this process as simple for me as possible. If it werent for her and the entire catering staff that worked our wedding, I don't know what would've happened.... Lol!! They were beyond friendly, professional and knowledgeable!! The food and drinks were beyond wonderful!!
    I had several friends and family stay here for the entire weekend and shockingly, not one complaint from anyone!! We all rant and rave over the front desk staff and catering! The property is beautifully kept and the setup for our ceremony and reception was beyond our dreams!! This was the most important day of our lives and it was the most amazing because of Shula's Hotel and golf course and their impeccable staff!!!!
    Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!
    We will definitely hold all and any future functions with them!!!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Liudis 路 Married on 08/14/2015

This place is exceptional. I deal with Kimberly and was always available when I needed her. She worked together with my wedding coordinator and everything was perfectly planned.

Sent on 08/29/2015
  • I

irma 路 event on 04/19/2014

In preparation for my daughter's 15's I looked at many venues in Dade county. I found Shula's to be the most responsive to my questions and concerns. After I booked them for the party Mariana was very accommodating and helpful - from answering my many daily phone calls to suggesting vendors. On the day of the party they accommodated every last minute crazy request or exception in the most gracious manner. Everything from its way to hot in here (no it wasn't - it was my nerves) to someone at that table brought an extra person - please set up an additional spot.

Many guests commented on how great and fresh tasting the meal was. Chef was also a pleasure to deal with and very accomodating to my requests (well-done, no - medium, on the side please, etc. etc. etc.) A few days after the party I found out that during the event a waiter noticed that one of my guests hadn't eaten. When the waiter found out that the guest was vegetarian (I didn't know either) the waiter promptly brought her a vegetarian meal. That guest later commented to others at the table that it was delicious. Now THAT is service.

Sent on 05/13/2014

rosalie 路 Married on 04/12/2014

FANTASTIC, GREAT , AWESOME ... Our wedding day was beyond what we expected. The food was great. we got so many complements that night. Mariana was great. she was very helpful and a pleasure to work with. she was always available to answer any questions or to help us through the process. we could have not done this with out her. Manuel was also very nice and very helpful the night of our wedding. We are so happy we chose shulas for our wedding. we loved loved loved it

Sent on 04/21/2014
  • User4124399 路 2+ years ago

Mariana was very professional, patient and helpful through the whole preparation. I will definitely use them again in a next event.

Sent on 05/24/2014
  • Daleena

Daleena 路 Married on 02/22/2014

Going through different venues and being on a budget was a total nightmare. Mariana and Don Shulas saved our life. So friendly and willing to help she made one of the most important days of our lives not only affordable but AMAZING. Everything was perfect and i couldn't ask for more. Food was delicious. So easy to work with and everything was beautiful. i couldn't ask for anything more. If you want a budget friendly and stress free event that will create nothing but compliments- plan with Mariana at Shulas!

Sent on 05/28/2014
  • F

Fiona 路 Married on 02/15/2014

We are truly happy with the outcome of our wedding. It was a wonderful and stress free experience. Everyone was very helpful and accommodating. I recommend them 100%.

Sent on 05/19/2014