SHO Productions Reviews

SHO Productions 1
  • Amy

Amy Schwarz 路 Married on 07/20/2019

Great wedding DJ

Scott from SHO Productions was our wedding DJ. He did an amazing job of working with us and capturing our taste in music. The mix he played was exactly what we were hoping for, and kept the dance floor packed until the end of the night. He even played an extra song at the end of the night so my wife and I could have one last moment together before the night came to a close (even though he knew the venue owner would be a little annoyed!) which we really appreciated. Everyone who came to our wedding had a great time and we would gladly recommend anyone to hire Scott as their wedding DJ

Sent on 07/28/2019

Kenzie 路 Married on 05/18/2019

Couldn't stop dancing!

Scott was fantastic! Our guests can't stop raving about how much fun they had! Everyone is still joking that they never made it off the dance floor because Scott just kept playing so many great songs!

When we first spoke with Scott, we knew he was going to be great! He's very attentive, flexible and professional. He has done many weddings before, and believe me, it shows! He had many great suggestions with planning the songs and timings, but always made sure to listen to exactly what we wanted. In the end, we had our dream wedding and we can't thank Scott enough!

Do yourself a favor and work with Scott - he won't let you down!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Nina 路 Married on 05/17/2019

Great quality DJ

Scott did an amazing job DJing our wedding. He was very responsive and helpful during the entire process. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Haley

Haley 路 Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing so easy to work with!

Scott was honestly the nicest and easiest vendor to work with for our wedding. I loved how easy it was to communicate with him and how he always had such an upbeat personality to any situation. He made our wedding day run so smoothly. I highly recommend Scott, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 04/07/2019

L. Brent Olivieri 路 Married on 11/16/2018

Amazing DJ

Scott is incredibly personable and intuitive as a DJ. He was an absolute pleasure to work with!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Kimberly Bond 路 Married on 10/27/2018

They Made Our Night More Magical!

We were truly impressed with SHO Productions and their DJ, Scott. From the first phone conversation, we knew that we were in good hands. Through Scott's consistent communication, it was clear he was friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. He provided clear direction and advice as to song choices and an outline for the ceremony and reception. Most importantly, so many of our guests raved about the music and our DJ after the big day. Scott's personality and demeanor with our guests was so welcoming and obliging. We would recommend SHO Productions to anyone planning a wedding, especially going at it without a Wedding Coordinator. You will want their experience, support and all-around friendliness there!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Ryan S 路 Married on 10/20/2018

Professional

Great experience, Scott was helpful and quick to respond. Pricing was very fair! Day of the wedding they were organized and everything went very smooth.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Shannon Donovan-Monti 路 Married on 10/07/2018

A pleasure to work with!

Scott who books the DJs is amazingly responsive, attentive and professional. He helped us plan the event and get everything ready. Julius, our DJ, was great! He really knew how to get the group engaged, was friendly with everyone, open to suggestions and kept the flow of the evening going. We got tons of compliments on the entire event and especially on the DJ. Made our daughter's wedding really special.

Sent on 10/19/2018
    SHO Productions 2

Nicole 路 Married on 09/29/2018

Scott is AMAZING. From the moment we first started talking, I knew he would be a great fit for our wedding. He was helpful throughout the entire process, always a pleasure to speak with, and come to day of, he was on top of everything and one step ahead of us. The music selection was great, he was flexible in regards to music choices/last minute changes, and kept everyone dancing. We cannot thank Scott enough for being a huge part of our day!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Daniela 路 Married on 09/28/2018

Scott and his team were amazing! Scott is an amazing manager of his group and a great people person. He made sure to listen to what my fiancee and I had in mind and picked the right DJ for us and for our wedding. The music was awesome and there were always people on the dance floor! Thank you SHO Productions!!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Marissa 路 Married on 08/03/2018

I cannot recommend Scott and SHO Productions enough!! It's been a week since our wedding and our guests are still raving about the music and the uplighting. Scott was so courteous and communicative with us throughout the planning process and he didn't disappoint on the day of either! I cannot say enough about him! For perspective, my husband and I warned Scott that our friends and family weren't a group of big dancers. We told him that we thought that the floor would be empty most of the night and to please not use any silly games to drag people out. I don't even know why we warned him! People LOVED him! To our complete surprise, there was a time when all but 5 of our (multi-generational) guests were dancing! You can't go wrong with him!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Spencer 路 Married on 07/14/2018

Scott was an incredible DJ, we would hire him a million times over. He was flexible with last minute song changes, very reasonable price, and did an amazing job the day of the wedding. He kept the flow of events on a great pace and best of all kept everybody dancing through the entire evening. Thanks again Scott, you were incredible! Hope to have an event in the future that we could use your help.

Sent on 07/27/2018
  • Emily

Emily 路 Married on 07/14/2018

We hired SHO Productions for our Mehndi/Wedding Welcome party in Glastonbury, CT. I was filled with so much trepidation planning this intercultural event (trying to juggle my husband鈥檚 family鈥檚 expectations of a traditional mehndi with what was within our budget and somewhat accessible to my non-desi family) 鈥 but Scott set my mind completely at ease! We were looking for a DJ who could host karaoke, incorporate Bollywood music, and work quite flexibly in a short span of time from dinner to performances to dance party. From the get go, Scott was up to this challenge and his calm, personable, and can-do manner made me feel much more confident that we could pull this off. And we totally did! Thanks to Scott鈥檚 advance planning, we had a great room setup, perfect lighting, and an awesome selection of music from beginning to end 鈥 and all for a very reasonable price!

And Julius was a phenomenal DJ and a really sweet guy. We had multiple guests doing MC duties at different points in the evening, and he handled this with total ease. Mehndis often feature performances from guests and our performance program not only came together sort of last minute, but included large group dances, karaoke performances, and even spoken word poetry. Julius managed all of this with total aplomb 鈥 it was totally seamless 鈥 and even beautifully sang a song himself! And when the floor opened up to everyone, he had EVERYBODY out of their seats and dancing! Our guests could not get enough!

Thank you so much to Scott and Julius for a really wonderful party! We cannot recommend you highly enough!!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Joe 路 Married on 06/30/2018

Scott was absolutely terrific. He did an outstanding job not just with the music, but also with helping the entire flow of the wedding. His flexibility was incredible as we had to make changes during the wedding and he didn't miss a beat! There isn't a single negative thing I could say about all he did for us.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Tim 路 Married on 12/16/2017

Scott and Pat were nothing less than awesome. They kept in touch with me throughout the planning process, were flexible with the flow of events, played the artists we asked for, took requests, and helped make the night one to remember. You couldn't go with a better service.

Sent on 12/21/2017

Rebecca 路 Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I got married at the end of October and we keep telling each other how extremely happy we are that we found Scott at SHO Productions for our wedding. Throughout the planning process, Scott was great with emailed me back very quickly whenever I had questions. I liked that we talked on the phone closer to the wedding aswell to go over the flow for the day of the wedding one more time. He really calmed my wedding planning nerves! We鈥檙e still hearing about how great our DJ was from our guests. People were on the dance floor till the end, including me and my husband. During the wedding Scott would checked in with us to let us know when it was time for things like our entrance or bouquet toss. Him and our venue coordinator worked great together to make our day ran smoothly. It was like having another coordinator! And did I mention the price?!? Amazing! Lighting, music for the ceremony to the end of the wedding, MC service, and basically a wedding coordinator. One of the best decisions we made! Definitely hire him for your big day! Thank you Scott

Sent on 12/12/2017

Karen 路 Married on 10/21/2017

I hired SHO Productions for my shower and my wedding.
    The Shower (Location: Plainville, CT): We hired SHO because the first karaoke DJ we tried to book, was giving us a difficult time about the song book. We contacted Scott a few weeks before the shower. He had someone available for that day, and was so accommodating with all our questions and concerns about the song book. Julius was the karaoke DJ at the shower, and he was the best we've ever seen. He's sweet and pleasant, and he really knows how keep everything moving along nicely.
    The Wedding (Location: NYC): Our original plan was to not have a DJ, and just have a playlist. As the wedding got closer, I started to feel like it was becoming too much. I'd had such a good experience with SHO for the shower, I decided to see if they would be able to do my wedding. Thankfully, it was the only Saturday they were available. Over the 2 months from the time I booked them to the actual wedding, Scott handled my LONG emails with class. I'm terrible at explaining what I want, and think more about the style and feel than the actual songs. Scott is REALLY good at understanding the vibe you're going for. I had him handle all my ceremony music, which he did perfectly. The cocktail hour was a great combination of classic songs and the hipster music my husband loves. The reception music was PERFECT!! Scott really understood the feeling I wanted, and made sure the guests had fun. He was definitely paying attention to which guests were the dancer, and played music that kept them on the floor the whole night.
    SHO Productions is the only DJ you should hire. I could not be happier with how my music went. At the brunch the next day, the first thing everyone mentioned about my wedding was how good my music was.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Kelley 路 Married on 10/14/2017

Scott was great to work with! He was very flexible and helpful with planning all our songs for the wedding and totally understood our style! Would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 03/13/2018

Luis 路 Married on 10/07/2017

Scott was really awesome to work with. Prices were very reasonable. Super professional and an all around great guy with a passion for his trade. He really kept the party alive and nobody wanted it to end. He checked with us throughout our reception to make sure that he was on schedule and seamlessly coordinated with the rest of the vendors. Very attentive to details like the pronunciation of everyone's names, and he never once got pushy with us even when we could not decide on details like lighting. Scott really made the DJ/Lighting process easy. If there was anything we weren't sure about we knew we could just let him take care of it and it would turn out great. Honestly, couldn't say enough nice things about this guy.

Sent on 10/10/2017

christa 路 Married on 09/16/2017

Do yourself a favor and go with SHO productions! We worked with Scott and it was the best decision! He was always quick to respond, and went above and beyond to give us our dream wedding soundtrack. We feel so lucky that we found him. Our venue wasn't a typical wedding venue, so once we started planning the logistics of music, panic set in when we realized some of the areas we wanted microphones/music might not be so easy. Scott did everything to take the worry off our shoulders, and always had a solution for any concerns that arose. Aside from our tricky venue layout, he gave us great advice throughout the planning process to help make sure our timing would flow smoothly. Our wedding day music was PERFECT, he gave us absolutely everything we had hoped for. On top of all that, his personality was just the best. Never once did we feel like we were just "clients". By the time our wedding came the music was the last thing I was worried about, we knew were were in good hands. After the ceremony I ran up to him to give him the biggest hug. I just couldn't thank him enough for being so great though out the whole process. We can't recommend SHO productions enough. THANK YOU SCOTT!!!!

Sent on 02/25/2018

Taylor 路 Married on 09/09/2017

Scott was fantastic! He was easy to work with leading up to the wedding; we talked on the phone for quite some time to ensure all details were covered. He walked us through the entire day, asking questions I would not have even considered. He provided a microphone and speakers for our outdoor ceremony/cocktail hour, and continued the party upstairs at our reception. Scott took our recommendations into account and played music according to guests reactions. We had the best time and received so many compliments on our DJ! Family members who do not typically leave their chairs were up on the dance floor, making our night even more enjoyable. He even played a bit longer than we had arranged, as everyone was having so much fun. Thank you Scott for helping create such a fun atmosphere on our favorite night yet!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Chatham 路 Married on 08/26/2017

Scott was MORE than a professional and was one of the kindest and most genuine people I encountered in the business. He made every effort to get to know my husband and I and figure out exactly what we wanted to make our wedding day flow smoothly. Thank you!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Jackie 路 Married on 08/05/2017

Highly recommend SHO Productions! Scott and Pat are an excellent team. They took my music suggestions and added in their own ideas seamlessly. We had folks on the dancefloor for the entire reception and everyone had a great time. Pat was very nice, good at his job and easy to work with. He helped with the flow of the reception events very well and we would hire him again in a second. You'll get a lot of bang for your buck with SHO and I can promise you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Luke 路 Married on 07/29/2017

We can't recommend Scott enough! In all honesty, it was scary navigating new vendors who we hadn't worked with before, but our venue recommended Scott, and he came through! Scott walked us through a few questions about music styles and songs we wanted to hear, and then he showed up with an army of speakers and microphones鈥攎ore than enough so all of our guests could hear everything everywhere.

One quick story: Our Ordained Minister was a friend, and she mentioned a line from "No Scrubs." Scott figured this must have personal meaning to the bride and her friends, and so what was the first song he played to get everyone on the dance floor? No scrubs. Scott kept everyone dancing the whole night, from a meaningful song for my father and his mother, to 90's music that he could tell was a favorite. Scott has an innate ability to read the crowd, and I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 08/28/2017