SHO Productions Reviews

1 User photo

SHO Productions 1

L. Brent Olivieri · Married on 11/16/2018

Amazing DJ

Scott is incredibly personable and intuitive as a DJ. He was an absolute pleasure to work with!

Kimberly Bond · Married on 10/27/2018

They Made Our Night More Magical!

We were truly impressed with SHO Productions and their DJ, Scott. From the first phone conversation, we knew that we were in good hands. Through Scott's consistent communication, it was clear he was friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. He provided clear direction and advice as to song choices and an outline for the ceremony and reception. Most importantly, so many of our guests raved about the music and our DJ after the big day. Scott's personality and demeanor with our guests was so welcoming and obliging. We would recommend SHO Productions to anyone planning a wedding, especially going at it without a Wedding Coordinator. You will want their experience, support and all-around friendliness there!

Ryan S · Married on 10/20/2018

Professional

Great experience, Scott was helpful and quick to respond. Pricing was very fair! Day of the wedding they were organized and everything went very smooth.

Shannon Donovan-Monti · Married on 10/07/2018

A pleasure to work with!

Scott who books the DJs is amazingly responsive, attentive and professional. He helped us plan the event and get everything ready. Julius, our DJ, was great! He really knew how to get the group engaged, was friendly with everyone, open to suggestions and kept the flow of the evening going. We got tons of compliments on the entire event and especially on the DJ. Made our daughter's wedding really special.

SHO Productions 2

Nicole · Married on 09/29/2018

Scott is AMAZING. From the moment we first started talking, I knew he would be a great fit for our wedding. He was helpful throughout the entire process, always a pleasure to speak with, and come to day of, he was on top of everything and one step ahead of us. The music selection was great, he was flexible in regards to music choices/last minute changes, and kept everyone dancing. We cannot thank Scott enough for being a huge part of our day!

Daniela · Married on 09/28/2018

Scott and his team were amazing! Scott is an amazing manager of his group and a great people person. He made sure to listen to what my fiancee and I had in mind and picked the right DJ for us and for our wedding. The music was awesome and there were always people on the dance floor! Thank you SHO Productions!!

Marissa · Married on 08/03/2018

I cannot recommend Scott and SHO Productions enough!! It's been a week since our wedding and our guests are still raving about the music and the uplighting. Scott was so courteous and communicative with us throughout the planning process and he didn't disappoint on the day of either! I cannot say enough about him! For perspective, my husband and I warned Scott that our friends and family weren't a group of big dancers. We told him that we thought that the floor would be empty most of the night and to please not use any silly games to drag people out. I don't even know why we warned him! People LOVED him! To our complete surprise, there was a time when all but 5 of our (multi-generational) guests were dancing! You can't go wrong with him!

Spencer · Married on 07/14/2018

Scott was an incredible DJ, we would hire him a million times over. He was flexible with last minute song changes, very reasonable price, and did an amazing job the day of the wedding. He kept the flow of events on a great pace and best of all kept everybody dancing through the entire evening. Thanks again Scott, you were incredible! Hope to have an event in the future that we could use your help.

Emily · Married on 07/14/2018

We hired SHO Productions for our Mehndi/Wedding Welcome party in Glastonbury, CT. I was filled with so much trepidation planning this intercultural event (trying to juggle my husband’s family’s expectations of a traditional mehndi with what was within our budget and somewhat accessible to my non-desi family) – but Scott set my mind completely at ease! We were looking for a DJ who could host karaoke, incorporate Bollywood music, and work quite flexibly in a short span of time from dinner to performances to dance party. From the get go, Scott was up to this challenge and his calm, personable, and can-do manner made me feel much more confident that we could pull this off. And we totally did! Thanks to Scott’s advance planning, we had a great room setup, perfect lighting, and an awesome selection of music from beginning to end – and all for a very reasonable price!

And Julius was a phenomenal DJ and a really sweet guy. We had multiple guests doing MC duties at different points in the evening, and he handled this with total ease. Mehndis often feature performances from guests and our performance program not only came together sort of last minute, but included large group dances, karaoke performances, and even spoken word poetry. Julius managed all of this with total aplomb – it was totally seamless – and even beautifully sang a song himself! And when the floor opened up to everyone, he had EVERYBODY out of their seats and dancing! Our guests could not get enough!

Thank you so much to Scott and Julius for a really wonderful party! We cannot recommend you highly enough!!

Joe · Married on 06/30/2018

Scott was absolutely terrific. He did an outstanding job not just with the music, but also with helping the entire flow of the wedding. His flexibility was incredible as we had to make changes during the wedding and he didn't miss a beat! There isn't a single negative thing I could say about all he did for us.

Tim · Married on 12/16/2017

Scott and Pat were nothing less than awesome. They kept in touch with me throughout the planning process, were flexible with the flow of events, played the artists we asked for, took requests, and helped make the night one to remember. You couldn't go with a better service.

Rebecca · Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I got married at the end of October and we keep telling each other how extremely happy we are that we found Scott at SHO Productions for our wedding. Throughout the planning process, Scott was great with emailed me back very quickly whenever I had questions. I liked that we talked on the phone closer to the wedding aswell to go over the flow for the day of the wedding one more time. He really calmed my wedding planning nerves! We’re still hearing about how great our DJ was from our guests. People were on the dance floor till the end, including me and my husband. During the wedding Scott would checked in with us to let us know when it was time for things like our entrance or bouquet toss. Him and our venue coordinator worked great together to make our day ran smoothly. It was like having another coordinator! And did I mention the price?!? Amazing! Lighting, music for the ceremony to the end of the wedding, MC service, and basically a wedding coordinator. One of the best decisions we made! Definitely hire him for your big day! Thank you Scott

Karen · Married on 10/21/2017

I hired SHO Productions for my shower and my wedding.
    The Shower (Location: Plainville, CT): We hired SHO because the first karaoke DJ we tried to book, was giving us a difficult time about the song book. We contacted Scott a few weeks before the shower. He had someone available for that day, and was so accommodating with all our questions and concerns about the song book. Julius was the karaoke DJ at the shower, and he was the best we've ever seen. He's sweet and pleasant, and he really knows how keep everything moving along nicely.
    The Wedding (Location: NYC): Our original plan was to not have a DJ, and just have a playlist. As the wedding got closer, I started to feel like it was becoming too much. I'd had such a good experience with SHO for the shower, I decided to see if they would be able to do my wedding. Thankfully, it was the only Saturday they were available. Over the 2 months from the time I booked them to the actual wedding, Scott handled my LONG emails with class. I'm terrible at explaining what I want, and think more about the style and feel than the actual songs. Scott is REALLY good at understanding the vibe you're going for. I had him handle all my ceremony music, which he did perfectly. The cocktail hour was a great combination of classic songs and the hipster music my husband loves. The reception music was PERFECT!! Scott really understood the feeling I wanted, and made sure the guests had fun. He was definitely paying attention to which guests were the dancer, and played music that kept them on the floor the whole night.
    SHO Productions is the only DJ you should hire. I could not be happier with how my music went. At the brunch the next day, the first thing everyone mentioned about my wedding was how good my music was.

Kelley · Married on 10/14/2017

Scott was great to work with! He was very flexible and helpful with planning all our songs for the wedding and totally understood our style! Would definitely recommend him!

Luis · Married on 10/07/2017

Scott was really awesome to work with. Prices were very reasonable. Super professional and an all around great guy with a passion for his trade. He really kept the party alive and nobody wanted it to end. He checked with us throughout our reception to make sure that he was on schedule and seamlessly coordinated with the rest of the vendors. Very attentive to details like the pronunciation of everyone's names, and he never once got pushy with us even when we could not decide on details like lighting. Scott really made the DJ/Lighting process easy. If there was anything we weren't sure about we knew we could just let him take care of it and it would turn out great. Honestly, couldn't say enough nice things about this guy.

Taylor · Married on 09/09/2017

Scott was fantastic! He was easy to work with leading up to the wedding; we talked on the phone for quite some time to ensure all details were covered. He walked us through the entire day, asking questions I would not have even considered. He provided a microphone and speakers for our outdoor ceremony/cocktail hour, and continued the party upstairs at our reception. Scott took our recommendations into account and played music according to guests reactions. We had the best time and received so many compliments on our DJ! Family members who do not typically leave their chairs were up on the dance floor, making our night even more enjoyable. He even played a bit longer than we had arranged, as everyone was having so much fun. Thank you Scott for helping create such a fun atmosphere on our favorite night yet!

Chatham · Married on 08/26/2017

Scott was MORE than a professional and was one of the kindest and most genuine people I encountered in the business. He made every effort to get to know my husband and I and figure out exactly what we wanted to make our wedding day flow smoothly. Thank you!

Jackie · Married on 08/05/2017

Highly recommend SHO Productions! Scott and Pat are an excellent team. They took my music suggestions and added in their own ideas seamlessly. We had folks on the dancefloor for the entire reception and everyone had a great time. Pat was very nice, good at his job and easy to work with. He helped with the flow of the reception events very well and we would hire him again in a second. You'll get a lot of bang for your buck with SHO and I can promise you won't regret it!

Luke · Married on 07/29/2017

We can't recommend Scott enough! In all honesty, it was scary navigating new vendors who we hadn't worked with before, but our venue recommended Scott, and he came through! Scott walked us through a few questions about music styles and songs we wanted to hear, and then he showed up with an army of speakers and microphones—more than enough so all of our guests could hear everything everywhere.

One quick story: Our Ordained Minister was a friend, and she mentioned a line from "No Scrubs." Scott figured this must have personal meaning to the bride and her friends, and so what was the first song he played to get everyone on the dance floor? No scrubs. Scott kept everyone dancing the whole night, from a meaningful song for my father and his mother, to 90's music that he could tell was a favorite. Scott has an innate ability to read the crowd, and I can't recommend him enough!

Roger · Married on 06/24/2017

Scott was very friendly, extremely professional, knowledgeable, and easy to work with. He gave my wife and I excellent suggestions and tips leading up to the big day, and on our wedding day, his DJ'ing kept the party going and his execution was flawless. He really took into consideration all of our preferences, and it really made our wedding celebration an unforgettable one. I would recommend him for anyone getting married!!

Elliot · Married on 05/26/2017

What a wonderful experience I had working with Scott and Pat for my wedding DJ. They were both incredibly professional and thorough in the planning and execution of the task at hand. Pat was able to give us exactly what we requested and a real pleasure to work with, he takes this very seriously. I will be recommending them to my family and friends for any DJ needs. Thanks again guys!!

Emily · Married on 05/20/2017

Scott was so thoughtful in organizing the music for our wedding and spent about 45 minutes going over everything with me on the phone and helping me with things I hadn't even considered! Everything on the day of went smoothly and all of the music was perfect. He made sure to check in with me a couple of times throughout the night, we would definitely recommend Scott at SHO productions!

Cathie · Married on 11/18/2016

We had Scott from SHO Productions DJ at our daughters wedding in November, everything was perfect!! Scott's professionalism and expertise gave us a wonderful night.... The song list was followed to a "T", and the special requests we had him add in last minute he fit in flawlessly. Everything from the wedding party intro's to last dance gave us a memorable evening we will never forget!!
    We highly recommend SHO Productions for any event!!

Stacey · Married on 10/22/2016

Scott was a fantastic DJ for our wedding! He helped us to plan out the evening, was very responsive to all communications and was genuinely a nice person who cared about the service he provided. He arrived early to set up and played a fantastic mix of music all night - even the "non-dancers" were dancing. We had such a wonderful experience and couldn't have asked for more. Highly recommended!!!