Shirts & Skins Reviews

50 | Burnsville, MN

50 Reviews for Shirts & Skins

Shannon Gerberding · Married on 08/03/2019

Exceeded expectations!

We absolutely loved shirts and skins! We had violin/keys for our ceremony and a 6 piece band for the reception. The ceremony music was lovely and well timed. The band had everyone out on the dance floor and brought great energy to the reception. Guests from near and far were very complimentary! Overall wonderful experience with Shirts and Skins!

Sent on 08/26/2019

tony · Married on 05/18/2019

Band was a hit!

With so many things to worry about planning our wedding the band was not one of them. They were very professional throughout the entire process. They were also a huge hit on our wedding day!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Melissa Wenker · Married on 05/17/2019

Very professional and accommodating...and talented!

They arrived early, were accommodating, kind, and fun. Also, so talented!!! They sounded wonderful.

Sent on 05/29/2019

Katie Z · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing!

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I cannot say enough great things about this band! Phenomenal experience - kept the crowd dancing ALL NIGHT!

Sent on 11/13/2018

April · Married on 08/03/2018

Shirts & Skins Band was awesome! They were able to keep our guests dancing all night which is exactly what we wanted! We have received endless compliments on how AMAZING the band was at our wedding. They were also so organized and friendly throughout the whole process and day of. One of the singers, Kaity, came up to me at the end of the night and took a few minutes to speak with me and tell me that she enjoyed performing for us. I thought this was really sweet and it has stuck with me how personable she was. We used them for our ceremony music (acoustic guitar), cocktail hour (acoustic trio), and for the reception (7 piece band). It was so convenient that we could use them for all three parts of the night. An added bonus is that they were super affordable!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Tony · Married on 07/20/2018

Shirts and Skins is fantastic! I lost count of the number of people at my event that asked about where I found the awesome band. They are very fun and keep the party going.

BRIAN · Married on 07/03/2018

Very good band! They did an awesome job! Hope to hear them again!

Glenda · event on 07/02/2018

They were great for our street dance in Baudette MN!

Rachel · Married on 10/28/2017

Great Music, Fun Band!

I hired this band for work, to host an outdoor tented party for our customers. They set up with plenty of time to spare, brought all their own equipment, and communicated throughout set up to assure me we were set and on track. From the set up crew to the band, they were extremely professional. They played great music, were lively and fun to watch and got people dancing. I would book them again in a heartbeat! They will not disappoint. I highly recommend!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Kelsie · Married on 09/02/2017

We hired Shirts and Skins for our ceremony and reception. They were fantastic! We had wanted the violin and keys at the ceremony, they were able to play exactly what I requested for our ceremony and it was beautiful. I even had a fun request, which wasn't on their song list, for the recessional that I wanted sung as well and another band member jumped in and it was excellent! Everyone loved the band, their song selection was amazing as well as their vocals!! So glad we decided to go with a band, just made our celebration so much better. Definitely recommend!!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Abby · Married on 08/19/2017

Shirts & Skins was the best band for our wedding! Our guests loved them. Would highly recommend for a wedding band!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Alexander · event on 08/11/2017

High energy (but not too loud!) band, made the night awesome! Great song selection. Not a musician, but I know what sounds good and it seemed like the players were very good. Would definitely recommend them for any event, they know how to get the party going!

Shannon · Married on 07/22/2017

We chose Shirts&Skins for our Wedding; they were AmaZing! They accommodated our outdoor venue and were willing to work with any of our requests. Their DJ, Kyle, is awesome and offers all you need; microphones for speeches, grand march, etc. They have great lights and sound!! We were very pleased with everything listed on the rating scales. Our guests are still talking about how great the band was at our Reception. Coming from a bride, this band is highly recommended for your special event. The song list is extensive and impressive. Thank you for making our Wedding an event that created great memories for everyone!! ~The Blumensteins 9/16/17

Sent on 09/24/2017

B · Married on 06/03/2017

Fantastic music for a wedding dance, everyone had a great time! Song list had something for everyone, and got everyone out dancing. Band was well dressed and very professional. Would definitely recommend them for any wedding or other party.

Stephanie · Married on 04/22/2017

I was really hesitant to get a live band for my wedding... but after having these guys play and totally ROCK the whole night, I'm 100% convinced that they were worth every penny! The sound was high-quality, energy was top-notch, and they kept the guests out on the dance floor all night. Everybody had a blast! They were also super accommodating to a few special requests we made for songs ahead of time. Let my experience prevent YOUR hesitation-- I highly recommend these guys for your wedding or other event!

Edward · event on 04/14/2017

These guys were great! I had to plan a work party, and I saw them at a friends wedding, and they told me they found them on wedding wire, so I found them on here and checked out their website. I was able to get everything I needed for the evening from them. Band, DJ, Speakers, Lights, they brought it all. They play fun music that everyone seemed to enjoy. I would use them again for future events as they are very easy to work with.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Jacob · Married on 02/18/2017

Great band and a great group of people. They were really easy to work with and were able to deliver everything we wanted/needed. The musicianship in the band is great! I can play a little guitar on my own, but this group are all professionals. Everyone at the wedding had a great time dancing to their music, and enjoyed the fun atmosphere. They were a one stop shop for all of our entertainment, band and a DJ, so we were able to work with them on everything. I would recommend Shirts & Skins to anyone looking for a great band for their function.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Dan · Married on 09/24/2016

Everyone at our wedding loved the band (Shirts & Skins). They sounded great! Great guitar and fiddle work. Great female vocals. We had a fantastic dance party with lots of energy. Ahead of the big day, these guys put us at ease with their focus on keeping the dance floor packed and pacing the songs in a smart way. They let us have a lot of influence over the set, but giving them some flexibility wound up being perfect. They read the crowd very well. James the band leader was helpful and easy to work with. We opted for a package that included a DJ/Emcee for the evening, and he was great also (very communicative and useful, but didn't draw too much attention to himself). Nicely done. We would definitely recommend Shirts and Skins! These guys know how to do it. - Beth & Dan

Sent on 10/13/2016
  • User7122194 · event on 08/13/2016

Great band with awesome music. I'd hire them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Paul · Married on 06/10/2016

They were awesome! All of our guests had a blast and raved about Shirts & Skins! They were high energy and sounded great. They played a variety of songs. Our dance floor was packed all night. Thanks guys!

Sent on 07/28/2016

We enjoyed your band very much, everyone kept commenting on it. Success in my book!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Shirts and Skins did an awesome job entertaining the crowd, they had everyone dancing and they were very professional. They arrived on time and had the stage set up well in advance of the guest arriving to the party. Shirts and Skins made the evening very fun and engaged the audience during the whole show. They played a huge variety of songs that everyone enjoyed. I had people asking me where I had found such a great band all night long, I even had people tell me that they will be booking them for their children's weddings next summer. I will definitely use them again for my next party. Thanks for making my party an evening to remember!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Great, fun people who played wonderful music.

Sent on 08/15/2015
  • User5176260 · event on 07/31/2015

The Band was fantastic, the music provided appealed to all genres. They worked the stage as well as came out to our guest, and encouraged group participation. Every one from the set up crew, to the artist were enthusiastic, and helpful.

Sent on 08/05/2015

Mallory · Married on 07/25/2015

Shirts & Skins were an absolute blast & we have received nothing but compliments on the Band & DJ! The reviews I read prior to booking them were absolutely right- they were one of the easiest vendors to work with while planning our wedding. The band & DJ were so accommodating & really made sure the party never stopped! If you are considering booking them for an event- I wouldn't hesitate!!!

Sent on 08/04/2015