Shining Star Band Reviews

52 Reviews for Shining Star Band

• Candy

Candy Welner · Getting married on 04/08/2022

Very accommodating!

The music is beautiful, exactly the right volume, and they make the evening really fun! But above and beyond that, I made some pretty outrageous request for accommodation for my son’s wedding. They bent over backwards to give me everything I wanted. I wish I could give them 10 stars for flexibility.

Sent on 08/28/2020

Shining Star Band's reply:

I love you Candy! You're the best, and thank you for the wonderful review and education in Horas!

M Gould · Getting married on 03/02/2021

Ultimate in professional entertainment

Shining Star provided the ultimate experience in every way. Not only the music which was fantastic but also helping to lay out all aspects of the event from timing to other ideas to make the experience truly special for the bride, groom, their families, the wedding party and all guests. Memories are created by special experiences and Shining Star helped create lasting memories!

Sent on 08/29/2020

Shining Star Band's reply:

Thank you so much for the kids words and wonderful review Matt! It was a beautiful event and we were honored to be a part of it!! :-)

Jena Pinson · Getting married on 02/04/2021

Book them now, you won't regret it!

Shining Star Band is the BEST! They performed at one of the dinners during our corporate conference and they were the perfect fit. They played a wide variety of music that appealed to people of all ages, they were so much fun to watch and they are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. We will definitely be booking them again!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Shining Star Band's reply:

Thank you so much Jena, for the lovely review! You and your guests were wonderful and so much fun! The event was colorful, beautiful, and so well done! We look forward to the next time, and
    thank you again for keeping Shining Star in mind for your entertainment needs! Best always, Jodi
  • Rachel

Rachel Corcos · Married on 02/18/2020

The Absolute BEST!!!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Jodi and the Shining Star Band. We saw them live at a hotel and we knew right away we wanted to book them for our wedding. Jodi was amazing through the entire planning process - she worked with us and our parents to make sure everyone was happy. She organized ceremony music and cocktail hour music on top of organizing absolutely all our reception music. She was incredibly flexible and willing to work with us for all our wild requests. They have an extensive song list to choose from. We starred some songs and they made an amazing compilation for the reception. Jodi was also an incredible "MC" for the night, introducing everyone and getting us smoothly through our night.
    And the energy they brought to the reception.... is literally infectious. I cannot recommend them enough. If you are not sure about going with a band.. go see Shining Star play live around the city and you won't ever doubt again!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all you did!!!!

Sent on 02/18/2020

Shining Star Band's reply:

Thank YOU Rachel for all of the kind words! What a beautiful family you have, and you and Brandon make such a perfect pair! The hora was a blast, and it was wonderful to see you all partying on the dance floor. Thank you for allowing us to be the soundtrack for the beginning of your new and exciting lives together! Please come out and see us, stay in touch and Mazel Tov again!
  • Taryn

Taryn · Married on 11/17/2019

Best Band Ever

Choosing to go with Shining Star Band was easily one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding. It’s been months and people are STILL talking about how amazing they were! Jodi was an absolute delight to work with, always responding very quickly and made me feel like everything would be handled perfectly (and it was). They kept everybody dancing and singing all night long which is all we really wanted. I truly could not recommend them more highly, they are exceptional!!

Sent on 02/07/2020

Brian Wiley · Married on 09/03/2019

Shinning Star = The BEST!!

Jodi and the entire band went above and beyond for our special day. After the wedding everyone was talking about how great the band was which solidified our decision on hiring Shinng Star. They were absolutly awesome!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Shining Star Band's reply:

Thank you so much Brian! You and Sarah are beautiful together and the party was EPIC!! So much FUN! Thank you for allowing us to be the soundtrack for your amazing day and we wish you all the best of life, love and happiness together!

Ted Jenal · Married on 08/01/2019

A great job at my daughter's wedding

They played my daughter's wedding. The dance floor was packed the entire night right to the finish. The band took the time to learn a song that they had not played before for my daughter and I to dance to (which meant so much to me, I used to sing it to her when she was little). We all had a great time. Musically, they were tight and killed it.

Sent on 08/28/2020

Shining Star Band's reply:

Thank you so much Ted! Your family is wonderful and the event was a blast! Thank you for letting us be your soundtrack!!

Jillian · Married on 05/04/2019

Best Day of Our Lives

The band traveled to Sedona to help celebrate our wedding! This was the most magical day of our lives. Jodi and the band were engaging, fun, and excellent. There wasn’t a song where the dance floor was empty. I would recommend Shining Star to anyone who is looking for a live band with a great lead singer :) The only requirements which I believe are normal are: place to stay because of traveling, outlets for outside available, stage be built, dinner for entire band. If you want a live band and not a dj book them now!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Brandie

Brandie Farnam · Married on 04/27/2019

Highly Recommend

Can't say enough positive things about the Shining Star Band! We were lucky enough to see them perform at Ocean Club before our wedding and booked them immediately after.

Jodi performed during our ceremony and even learned a few songs that we requested to make our day even more special! The band has a variety of songs, which is great for engaging audiences of all ages! The band was also willing to play specific recorded songs that we requested during their break. Highly recommend hiring this band for your event!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Shining Star Band's reply:

WOW Brandie! Thank you so much for the awesome review! You were such a beautiful bride, and you both make a stunning couple! So glad you were pleased...it was our honor to be the soundtrack for your amazing day! :-) Super fun crowd too!
    Thanks again so much, please keep in touch, and congrats on your exciting new life together! Hugs, Jodi

Cindy · Married on 11/18/2018

Amazing Wedding Band!

We are so happy that we hired Shining Star Band to play our wedding. Jodi was so personable from the start, and made us feel like our wedding was her priority (even though we knew she obviously had others booked!). They learned our first dance song, which was very important to us. Jodi served as an emcee for the night and worked well with our planner, which took all the pressure off of us to make sure the night's schedule flowed smoothly. So many of our guests told us after our wedding, "The band was awesome!" which was great to hear, and they had people dancing all night. If only we could have had the night go on for longer so we could continue dancing. Jodi even helped me find a musician for our ceremony, which made my planning so much easier. Thank you, Shining Star!

Sent on 12/15/2018

Tara · Married on 11/17/2018

They made our wedding perfect!

They were absolutely fantastic. From start to finish the dance floor was full of guests enjoying their wonderful music.

Shining Star Band's reply:

Thank you Tara! It was such an honor and pleasure to be a part of their beautiful day! All of your family and friends are so much fun! Please stay in touch, and we wish all of you warmest wishes for the holidays. :-)

Edee · Married on 09/02/2018

🎼Shining Star doesn’t miss a beat🎶

The music and people make the party. Shining Star set the mood for an amazing wedding evening. Jodi coordinates with all the vendors for smooth transitions. She doesn’t miss a beat. I highly recommend Shining Star for your wedding day!

Shining Star Band's reply:

Thank you Edee!! It was such a beautiful day and you all were SO MUCH FUN! Thank you for choosing us! Please stay in touch and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and happy new year!

Kurt and Katrina Krauss · Married on 08/18/2018

Awesome first class band!

Jody and her Shinning Star Band made our wedding complete. All who attended were thoroughly impressed with the groups talent and professionalism. Jody’s years of experience and love of music was obvious and our guests shared the sentiments. The dance floor was filled with happy dancers young and old throughout the night! Jody also arranged for a rock IDOL to perform a few song.... White Wedding was a hit! Jody rocks!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Jerrie · Married on 07/22/2018

I (we) were so pleased with the services of The Shining Star Band for our daughters wedding. It was apparent of her expertise and knowledge to handle our wedding. Best decison ever..
    I would recomnd them for ant event.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Kelly · Married on 07/22/2018

Everything was amazing. Jodi made sure everything was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 09/29/2018

Geri · Married on 05/05/2018

Shining Star is TERRIFIC!

Shining Star was TERRIFIC! Jodi made the entire experience more personal, and on the day of the wedding...a lot of fun. We are still receiving accolades from our guests! Such a great time, thanks Shining Star!

Shining Star Band's reply:

Thank you for the terrific review Geri! You all were SO MUCH FUN! Happy holidays and thank you for allowing us to be a part of Katie & Sam's beautiful day! Please stay in touch and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season! :-)

Lauren · Married on 04/21/2018

Jodi was an absolute rockstar and such a joy to work with! She helped outline the entire night and made sure everything ran smoothly and the band was incredible! Thank you for making our wedding so fun!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Nancy · Married on 05/07/2017

Jodi is absolutely amazing! She was a pleasure to work with and made our big day special. I hope to work with her again in the futur for other events and would recommend her time and time again!

Sent on 12/12/2017

melissa · Married on 04/15/2017

shining star band was absolutely a highlight of our event and will have them play when we throw another wedding reception.
    thanks jodi!!!!!

Sent on 12/19/2017

Rob · Married on 02/09/2017

Absolutely first class. Jodi and the band were rocking it all night. They had the crowd going the entire night.

Jodi was phenomenal and helped out so much. She was always responsive and gave us great ideas for the reception.

I would highly recommend the band to anyone! Many of our guests commented on how good they were!

Rob

Sent on 02/15/2017

Cheri · event on: 12/31/2016

Amazing performers! They look and act very professional and they are a sure thing for getting people on the dance floor!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Jodi and team were great to work with. It was easy to communicate with Jodi and ensure the songs we wanted were played including a specia song for our ceremony. The Shining Star Band was so much fun - our guests loved all the music and had a great time! Thanks for helping bring the party to our wedding!

Sent on 02/20/2017

Nick · Married on 10/22/2016

Skip the idea of a DJ, spend the money and make for a fun enjoyable and unforgettable evening. This is a great band, with lots of variety for your event. Go with the base set or add a few more pieces really helps to bring quality and character to your evening. From dinner to late night, they knew exactly how to increase the tempo/energy as the night got moving. Your guest will love them as will you. Jodi knows how to MC the evening as well and to help keep the night running smooth. My brother for his wedding had Shinning Star perform....I was so impressed that a few years later when I got married I knew exactly who I wanted. Well worth the money, very professional great to work with, you can not go wrong.

Sent on 01/03/2017

Kelsey · Married on 10/01/2016

Shining Star Band was so much fun to have at our wedding! They did a great job playing music that was fun to dance to, and entertaining to listen to. They also made sure we stayed on schedule for everything during the wedding, and helped make everything go very smoothly for us.

Sent on 12/27/2016

Jeff · Married on 10/01/2016

If Shining Star is available, don't hesitate to book them. They played for my son's wedding and relatives I never dreamed would even get up out of their chairs, rocked the dance floor all evening... including me! Great memories we'll have forever!!!

Sent on 12/29/2016