41 Reviews for Shimmer Band aka Shimmer Entertainment

Sound/PA System (12)
Lighting (8)
Cocktail Hour (7)
41 Shimmer Band aka Shimmer Entertainment Reviews

Shimmer made our wedding so much fun! They got everyone up and dancing, and were super flexible with all of our requests to incorporate different Scottish traditions. We had a blast! So many people came up to us to tell us how great the band was. Jay was very professional and easy to work with in the lead up of the big day and made sure that everything ran smoothly on the day. Would highly recommend Shimmer!

Profile Picture Eilidh, 9/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Music During Breaks, Reception

We had Shimmer play at our wedding reception at the Grove Park Inn a couple of weeks ago. They did an awesome job and we all loved the music. Shimmer did a great job of getting everyone on the dance floor, especially because our crowd had a lot of people that don’t normally dance. Our guests are still talking about how great the band played. The band leader Jay is great to work with before hand and he was very helpful in getting a perfect playlist. I would highly recommend this band. They are very talented and we love the fact that they play such a wide variety of music.

Profile Picture David, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Thank you for making the Benson-Smith wedding such an amazing event! Shimmer band is truly everything and then even more. Every guest was in awe of your talent. We are so grateful for you bringing your magic and getting everyone out on the dance floor... How could they not? Shimmer Band... We Love You❣️So glad we had you to celebrate one of the happiest days of our lives❤️

Profile Picture Schira, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

"BEST BAND EVER" - it's true what they say about Shimmer. Every one of our 150 wedding guests we've talked to afterward has said exactly that. Shimmer passes all the requirements for a great wedding band with flying colors. For us, that mainly meant keeping the dance floor going all night long, which they DID. However, there were a few other things that stood out to us that truly make them the best band ever.

PROFESSIONALISM
These guys are the real deal. No matter what package you choose, you will be presented with a unified front of top-notch musicians dressed for the occasion. For our black-tie wedding at 6pm, they arrived no later than 12pm for setup. They were clearly committed to making sure their sound and space was just right to make for a fantastic evening.

On the same note, their band manager was extremely responsive. We exchanged many emails and his responses were always thorough and beyond punctual.

MUSIC
We knew Shimmer would be great, but had no idea they would so thoroughly exceed our expectations. We went for the 8-piece package which included a two-horn section (sax and trumpet). All the hits were executed to perfection. The horns especially shone in songs like "Try a Little Tenderness" by Otis Redding. Both of their vocalists were engaging and sounded great.

Finally, one thing that stood out to me and several other guests was their total command of the volume of the performance. Shimmer absolutely mastered the mix from start to finish, setting a quiet backdrop for dinner and raising the roof towards the end of the night.

ACCOMODATIONS
I'm a musician, and Shimmer went out of the way to arrange for me to join them for a serenade for my bride. They worked with me at length to have a guitar and a microphone waiting for me on stage. They even set the guitar up in an alternate tuning! Shimmer will clearly go above and beyond to make sure you and your guests are happy.

Photos
Profile Picture Wes, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Shimmer is an outstanding band loaded with talent. They performed for our daughter's wedding reception and the dance floor was never empty. We even had people who never dance out on the dance floor. Jay was so easy to work with and very accommodating. Thank you Shimmer for fantastic evening!!

Profile Picture Barbara, 6/9/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

THIS BAND IS LIT! They totally brought the house down all night, and we received so many compliments. They also followed my OCD rankings of their play list to a tee with no questions asked.

The only suggestion I would make would be to ask them to announce the last song of the night :) Thank you, Shimmer, for a fantastic wedding reception!

Profile Picture Christine, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Music During Breaks, Reception

Shimmer played at our wedding reception in St. Petersburg and I cannot say enough amazing things about this band. Not only are they incredible performers, but also great at communication and easy to work with. We heard from many of our guests this was the best band they'd ever heard at a wedding. The dance floor was packed the entire night! Everyone had a blast and no one wanted the evening to end. If you are looking for a band to play at your reception, look no further. Thank you Shimmer for playing such a huge role in making our big day everything we could've asked for and more!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/27/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Music During Breaks, Reception, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

SHIMMER exceeded our expectations in every way. They are excellent musicians...they KNOW how to work a crowd...the playlist is extensive.....they have FUN with the guests as well as the bride groom and attendants...They LOOK good, sound good and will make you feel good. Jay the director makes the organizational process easy and timely. Our guests told me they almost felt like they were at a concert. April the female lead singer literally became Beyonce during Crazy in Love. We did not want a local new orleans band for our wedding. we wanted a kick ass rockstar band that would stand above what everyone had been seeing there and this is exactly what we got. No one remembers the cake, the flowers and the other stuff....but they do remember the party. this band will be the best decision you make.

Profile Picture shelly, 4/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We loved the Shimmer Band! They were awesome! We (husband, daughter, her fiancee, myself) reviewed many bands' videos through East Coast Entertainment and chose them based on their video. The dance floor was packed ALL night. Their song choice was so fun and lively. What talented musicians (and VERY nice people) - they obviously love what they do! I highly recommend them - book them and you will have NO worries about keeping the party going! Thank you, Shimmer Band, for adding to a most memorable wedding reception for our daughter!!!! Ya'll were a HIT!

Profile Picture Susan, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Great Band! very responsive from the first phone call until last follow up e-mail. The dance floor was packed from the first song until the last and they did not take a break all night!

Profile Picture chuck, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Every guest cannot stop talking about how much fun they had with Shimmer! They kept the party going all night and we LOVE the wide range of music they played throughout the evening. They were such a blast!!

Profile Picture Becca, 1/20/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Music During Breaks, Reception

Shimmer met all of our needs for our daughter’s wedding reception for 200 people. They shortened the special dances as requested and later charged up the crowd. Our guests did not want to leave the dance floor. My suggestion—spring for a stage to enhance the experience. Shimmer made the party.

Profile Picture Phillip, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

If you are looking to book live music for your wedding reception (or any event really), stop your search and book Shimmer now! My husband and I were married on 10.21.17 and Shimmer truly made our reception - they are AWESOME! They are phenomenally talented performers, and they know how to seamlessly work a crowd. They put up with all of our off the beaten path requests, and kept the party going from the moment the reception started until the very end. They are incredibly well priced, so you get more than the proverbial bang for your buck with them. We have fielded so many compliments from our family and friends about them, and we can't thank them enough for making our reception such an amazing time. Thank you for everything, Shimmer, and keep rocking!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

Shimmer made our wedding amazing! All night people were dancing and having a fantastic time. Shimmer was the best band that we have ever seen at a wedding and I am so happy it was at my wedding!

Profile Picture Ansley, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Reception

Jay and the Shimmer Band are amazing. Not only are they an incredible band but they are highly professional and great to work with. Thank you Shimmer Band for helping to make my daughter’s wedding so memorable.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

AMAZING!!!! Shimmer band made our wedding reception one for the books! Our family and friends had a blast and that is an understatement. Our guests could not wait to get on the dance floor. Shimmer Band is the best band I have ever seen in action. On top of the amazing show they put on, Jay answered my emails back within minutes. I really can't say enough nice things. CAN WE DO THE NIGHT OVER AGAIN??

Profile Picture Madison, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Shimmer was AMAZING!!!!!! Throughout our booking and music selection process, Jay Hardie was so easy to work with and super flexible with meeting the noise ordinances of our venue. Shimmer is everything we hoped they would be and then some. They are crazy talented musicians and singers, they are engaging and interactive, and we are STILL getting compliments on the group. My husband and I highly recommend Shimmer - they made our wedding reception so fun and memorable!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 9/9/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Music During Breaks, Reception

The description is spot-on – BEST BAND EVER!! Shimmer totally made our reception! We can’t say enough about how awesome this band is and how easy and professional they were to work with. They played through dinner and then got the party started. Everyone (even the “non-dancers”) was up and on the dance floor! Even though it was really hot at our reception, they played it cool and kept everyone in a great mood. They emcee’d wonderfully and totally read the crowd at every single turn. Shimmer is top-of-the-line – the talent going on here is unreal! My husband is a musician and he and his musician friends were in absolute awe. We have gotten so many compliments on them…and more than one request for Shimmer in Concert!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/21/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Reception

Amazing band - we had a Sunday night wedding and these guys and gals kept the party raging until the very last song of the night! My husband is a professional classical musician and he was blown away by the band's skill and incredible energy. He also almost never dances and was not looking forward to the dancing part of the night....but could not resist the pull of Shimmer! He was on the dance floor for HOURS, as were most of our guests. If you're looking for a band that will get everyone onto the dance floor and create an incredible party atmosphere at your event, these are the guys!

I also want to say that working with Jay in the months leading up to the wedding was such a pleasure. He was so communicative and flexible and clearly extremely knowledgeable. Cannot say enough good things about Shimmer!!

Profile Picture Christina, 5/7/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Reception

Shimmer is a FABULOUS party and dance band! We could not have been happier with them! WOW! We danced all night long - the dance floor was packed! Our guest loved the band, too and they mentioned Shimmer by name in notes, calls and texts after the wedding! My college roommate said how much fun it was to "Shimmer" all night long! It was a terrific party, so much joy and love and you all just pulled it all together in such a big way! Great vocals, great horns, great play list - your energy and enthusiasm was contagious - THANK YOU!! I wish we could do it all over again.

Profile Picture steva, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

I can truly check all of these as 5's for the band because the quality of service was a 6 on a scale of 5, but the remaining items apply too: they helped with song list, chose our first songs, etc., sent me examples of all of their recent weddings and which songs were great and which ones may be a little hard to dance to... they were INCREDIBLY helpful. As for actual night of, they were an amazing band but the highlight was their interaction with the crowd, getting off stage and dancing with guests, and just always playing the right songs for what the crowd was looking for. The band was our toughest decision because we've been to some extremely high end weddings with concert type bands, and had a really fun dancing crowd at our wedding, and we truly could not be happier with the quality and experience with shimmer.

Profile Picture Maxi, 3/31/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Music During Breaks, Reception

My wife and I just got married and used Shimmer for our reception. We had heard them once before at a friend's wedding. You are absolutely crazy not to book them for your event! We had a blast and so did all of our guests. This is the best wedding band I have ever seen. They are more than just a band. They are true entertainers. If you want a band that will jump start the party, Shimmer is it.

Jay was great to work with and was always available via cell for questions, song adjustments, logistics, etc. I can't say enough positive things about this whole group.

-Chris and Ashley

Profile Picture Chris, 3/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Both Shimmer and East Coast Entertainment were phenomenal! My husband is a musician and one of our guests asked the band if they'd let him play a couple of tunes, they were so accommodating and gracious to allow him to use their equipment and interrupt their set so he could get up and have some fun. Their lead singer even took a photo and found a way to send it to us! They really went above and beyond to make our day special. Every single member of the band was professional and kind. They brought so much energy and fun to our wedding and I couldn't say enough about how much better they made our day. Thanks Shimmer!

Profile Picture Sara and Ross, 2/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

My advice is that this band is worth every penny! They were amazing in every way; from contacting us to showing up on time, to being a truly great band. The lead singers were excellent, the guests danced all night and the band was so engaging! I cannot give this band a high enough rating. Words cannot describe how much fun we had at our reception and the band was a huge part of this.

Profile Picture Tammy, 2/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We researched a lot of bands and landed on Shimmer because of several reasons. First a recommendation from someone who had them play at their wedding and was so impressed, their sounds and song selection was exactly the type of music we like and wanted played and, finally, their lead singer's voice! We made such a great decision and they helped make our night even more magical! Through the whole process their band leader Jay was so responsive and helpful. We are big on face to face and he was even willing to meet us at a local Starbucks to talk through everything and give us advise. We highly recommend the Shimmer Band for your wedding or big event you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Justin, 12/3/16, 1 Review