Shew-sical Entertainment Services Reviews

We wanted under our budget 700.00

Sent on 12/31/2017
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 08/17/2019

Look no further! Matt is awesome!

Look no further! Matt Shew is the real deal! I had a complicated setup and needed music inside for dinner and outside for dancing. Not only did he help keep everything on track and stick to my detailed schedule, but he also made sure that I was okay with any changes that my guests asked for with my music selection and other timing. He was critical in helping organize my guests as they moved outside for our larger reception and getting everyone situated for our sparkler exit.

Matt will take the time to sit down with you beforehand to understand what you want on your wedding day and how you want things to go. Not sure what you want? Don't worry! Matt can guide you through it, provide you music suggestions and walk through a typical day and help you customize it to you.

Basically, no matter how complicated I made things, he found a way to keep everything together, moved through everything smoothly, pronounced our difficult names with ease and relieved so much stress from me on my wedding day.

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend him as a wedding DJ, event MC and also, see his sister company WOW Event Lighting - we used it for all of our uplighting to really set the mood for dancing.

All of our guests commented on how great of a vendor team we had and Matt nailed it. Thank you, Matt, for rocking our day!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Taylor · Married on 06/22/2019

A wonderful night filled with LOTS of dancing!

We decided to book Shew-sical as our DJ for our wedding and we are so thankful that we did!! Matt and Nicole were so helpful and gave us lots of great ideas! My husband and I were indecisive about a lot of things and Matt and Nicole guided us every step of the way. Matt and Chris were both DJs at our wedding and all of our friends and family still rave about how much fun they had and how great the music was! Matt and Chris read the crowd and played the perfect songs to keep our guests dancing all night long! They were also super flexible when I threw a last minute change at them. We would definitely recommend them and would use them again in a heart beat!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Donna

Donna Easterday · Married on 06/16/2019

An Amazing Experience

As a venue, I'd like to express how wonderful Nicole was to work with yesterday/last night. She is extremely professional, and an expert at what she does. She is bright, proactive, shows leadership, shares enthusiasm in her presentation/announcements and efficient setting up and leaving at the end. She knows exactly what to do and how to work at Ostertag Vistas! We work with A LOT of DJs, and Nicole shines at the top! Nicole, thank you for a great day/night and your suggestions along the way!!!

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/18/2019

Perfect playlist!

Mike was awesome. He insisted on having a pre meeting even though I was overwhelmed and opted not to. He was very attentive to detail and I feel like he had my back as the bride. He truly wanted to make the day special and the dance floor was busy all night long! Absolutely recommend Mike

Sent on 05/26/2019
    Shew-sical Entertainment Services 8

Miranda Holdaway · Married on 12/15/2018

Incredible

I wish I could rate shew-sical even higher! They kept the night running flawlessly, and played a great mix of music that kept the dance floor full all night long. I even received multiple compliments from guests about how great the DJ was!

Sent on 12/27/2018
  • Alice

Alice · Married on 12/08/2018

Awesome dj!

We were so thrilled with Robert and this company! Everything was straight forward and simple from the very beginning. Open communication, us being told exactly what they needed, flexibility and an awesome night! Everyone loved the music and people were kept on their feet dancing for 3 straight hours. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Lauren · Married on 11/24/2018

Awesome DJ Services

Shew-sical was amazing! They were great during planning and were able to give us recommendations for music! Matt came out and was the DJ for our wedding. Matt made sure that he was there and was ready to go for the ceremony and reception through the freezing rain and downpours of the day. Matt played to the crowd and was able to get everyone on the dance floor and helped us make it a night to remember! We loved their services and would recommend them for any event!

Sent on 11/25/2018
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 11/02/2018

Shew-sical is the vendor for you!

There are not enough words in the English language to describe the level of professionalism, quality, and customer service that Matt and the entire Shew-sical team provided us before, during, and after our wedding. They were up front about all costs, and even recommended ways that we could save money. They went through an extensive process with us to make sure that we 1) loved every bit of music and 2) not worry about the little things, like the pronunciaton of family names or the order of events. Every single minute of our ceremony and reception was executed beautifully, and that is all thanks to Matt. He was present and provided a structured frame for our wedding, but he also read the room and didn't provide too much commentary (as we preferred less structure and more a free-form reception). While we did provide some ideas for music, my husband and I did give too many detailed listed. Using information from meeting us just once, Matt was able to choose songs that were fun, got us on our feet, and time and again made us say, "We LOVE this song!!" (I'm still trying to figure this one out... I think they teach their DJs to read minds at Shew-sical). Choose Shew-sical for your event not just because they are a local, family owned business in Frederick, but because they provide the highest quality sound and services of any wedding that I have been to or been a part of.... just trust me on this!!

Sent on 12/24/2018

Meghan Molina · Married on 10/27/2018

Most Amazing DJ!

My husband and I had reached out to Shew-sical Entertainment due to a very poor experience involving our wedding. We were in a crunch and were very nervous due to previous experiences. Shew-sical washed all our worries away by their constant availability for questions. They had us fill out a questionnaire and told us they would match a DJ with us based off our needs. Due to our nerves this worried us. After the wedding I have to say that Shew-Sical Entertainment (our DJ Tom) went above our expectations to make the night absolutely perfect. They matched us with an absolutely amazing DJ, Tom! Our entire wedding was on the dance floor ALL night long. Tom had everyone entertained and having a blast from start to finish. I cannot say in enough words how amazing our experience was! This will be a night we will never forget. Looking back on many photos from the night, most are from everyone on the dance floor having the time of their lives. We will always be so grateful to Shew-sical for the amazing memories made on our wedding night. Thank you shew-sical and Tom, we cannot thank you enough!!

Sent on 11/08/2018
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 10/20/2018

Could They BE Anymore Amazing?!

I was the Maid of Honor at my best friend's wedding, and that is when I was introduced to Matt Shew, her DJ. Throughout the night, he was absolutely perfect- professional, creative, and kept the dance floor full! After her wedding, booking Shew-sical for my wedding was one of the first things I did!
    From the initial email to our wedding night- Shew-sical was nothing but perfect. They were so organized and helpful, sending us emails with itinerary worksheets, top playlists, and always being very prompt with email responses. Whatever crazy bride question I asked, there was the perfect response in return. Never one stressful moment with them. Matt Shew was our DJ for the night and the only thing I regret was not giving him the biggest hug before we left. When we arrived to our venue, he immediately came up to us, introduced himself, congratulated us, and then reassured us that everything will go great- and it did. A week later and people are still telling us how much fun the wedding was- and I thank the music! What a wonderful job Matt did! I couldn't recommend him more!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Caitlin · Married on 10/20/2018

Best DJ!!!!

We absolutely LOVED Shew-sical! The entire booking process was so easy, the owners were very responsive and helpful in answering questions, etc. Our DJ, Travis, was amazing! Everything was perfect and we are so happy we used Shew-sical for their DJ services - highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Kristen · Married on 10/13/2018

Travis brought the house down!

Shew-sical was recommended by our wedding planners (Shout out for the recommendation A. Griffin Events!). They had already recommended some other great vendors so we thought...why not?

We took the leap and booked Shew-sical and we were not dissapointed. They asked us detailed questions about songs we liked and disliked. They made it super easy to send them our ceremony songs as well.

Travis was our DJ for the night of our wedding and he kept everyone dancing all night! So many that our guests broke out in to a “one more song, one more song!” After he called the last song of the night. Weeks after the wedding people are asking who we hired and that we had a killer DJ. My two cousins even said Travis was “so much better than our brothers DJ”. So I call that a win! Also, I gave Travis a huge hug at the end of the night!

Overall I was so immensely pleased with everything about Shew-sical. If you hire them for your wedding make sure to bring your dancing shoes!!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Bethann · Married on 10/06/2018

The moment I talked to Nicole for the first time I knew that Shew-sical was the perfect DJ for our wedding. Nicole was amazing from the start- she offered suggestions, was always flexible, friendly. After meeting with Nicole for our consultation we knew she had to be our DJ for our wedding. When things ran behind she made everything run and flow smoothly. Thank you Nicole for making our wedding Perfect!

Sent on 10/28/2014
  • Kerrie

Kerrie · Married on 09/22/2018

Great DJ - witnessed at multiple weddings

Matt was the DJ for my wedding & reception as well as my 2 sister in laws. He was a great communicator and extremely organized. He had great documents to make sure all music was accounted for during the whole event. They did not hide any costs in their pricing. It was easy to ask questions and receive the answers that I needed. He provided great recommendations on song choices and what equipment to bring based on the location of the ceremony. Most importantly, Matt did a great job of keeping the dance floor full during the receptions and getting all age groups to dance. We gave Matt a loose guide of reception dance floor music and told him to work his magic since he was the expert. We were extremely pleased with him from ours and the other weddings that he was the DJ for and highly recommend him for your wedding + reception.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Jane · Married on 09/09/2018

After searching through many DJ vendors in Northern Virginia, we ended up hiring Shew-sical from Maryland to be our wedding's DJ. After both my husband and I consulted with Matt, the owner, over the phone. we knew he would be a wonderful fit for our families. Matt is professional and a great communicator. He was excellent at reading the crowd and responding to the flow of the wedding even though we were behind schedule. We would highly recommend Matt to DJ and MC on your special day!!

Sent on 09/26/2018
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 09/09/2018

Great DJ Service

Shew-sical provided the microphones and music for our ceremony and reception. There was a slight challenge with the lapel microphone during the ceremony, but it was quickly resolved. The DJ assigned to us had years of experience and was excellent. They contacted us well in advance of the wedding to get an idea of the music we were looking for, and we completed a more detailed worksheet closer to the event. Our DJ contacted us a few weeks out to ensure that we were all on the same page. We were very satisfied with their service.

Sent on 01/28/2019

Lauren · Married on 09/07/2018

Shew-sical is the absolute best! Everyone was on the floor dancing all night, from the youngest of guests to our 92-year-old grandmother. Communication was excellent throughout the entire engagement to the day of the wedding. I had no concerns at all. Shew-sical had an excellent planning document that helped us capture our vision. Matt was our DJ. We had a do not play list, and he verified with us multiple times about whether it would be ok to play any songs off of the list if requested. We also had a few strange requests and he warned us about them ahead of time. He was extremely competent and reassuring. It was a great evening thanks to Shew-sical!

Sent on 09/12/2018
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/01/2018

Excellent DJ!

I had a great experience with Shew-sical Entertainment. Their communication was great leading up to the wedding and our DJ, Rob, was incredibly friendly and did a great job. We had a very small wedding so I was worried about keeping the momentum going with dancing, and Rob did a great job feeling out the crowd and playing music that would get everyone up and dancing. He was also patient and understanding when we had a couple last minute changes to the timeline. I could not recommend more!

Sent on 04/28/2019

Leanne · Married on 08/25/2018

We had a great expeir nice working with shew-Sical and John was an amazing DJ for our wedding. The audio and mic phones for the ceremony as well as the amazing dj services for the reception were excellent. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Natalia · Married on 08/18/2018

We had Rob to be our DJ for our wedding on Aug 18, 2018 and he did an amazing job! He paid attention to details, was able to get the music we wanted for every part of the event and was highly professional and on top of things. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/25/2018
  • Britnie

Britnie · Married on 08/10/2018

Matt was our dj. He was absolutely great. Met him after the ceremony and he asked if we needed anything or had questions and made sure to clear song choices with us first. Kept the night dancing along and everyone loved it.

Sent on 08/18/2018

Martin · Married on 05/27/2018

I can't say enough about Matt. He was the DJ at my recent wedding. He is terrific to work with. He actually took the time to download and play more than 100 songs I gave him. He scripted the wedding to perfection. You couldn't ask for more in a DJ!
    Marty

Sent on 06/09/2018

Challyn · Married on 05/19/2018

We hired Shew-sical for our wedding and could not have been happier with their services! Prior to the wedding they demonstrated excellent communication and had great song suggestions. They were very organized and helped us plan out the timing for the main events of our wedding. Jon was our DJ, and he really went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly on our wedding day. He kept the dance-floor full all night long, and multiple people commented that his song choices were perfect! I would definitely recommend Shew-sical!!!

Sent on 06/06/2018