Shew-sical Entertainment Services Reviews

We wanted under our budget 700.00

• Alice

Alice · Married on 12/08/2018

Awesome dj!

We were so thrilled with Robert and this company! Everything was straight forward and simple from the very beginning. Open communication, us being told exactly what they needed, flexibility and an awesome night! Everyone loved the music and people were kept on their feet dancing for 3 straight hours. Highly recommend!

Lauren · Married on 11/24/2018

Awesome DJ Services

Shew-sical was amazing! They were great during planning and were able to give us recommendations for music! Matt came out and was the DJ for our wedding. Matt made sure that he was there and was ready to go for the ceremony and reception through the freezing rain and downpours of the day. Matt played to the crowd and was able to get everyone on the dance floor and helped us make it a night to remember! We loved their services and would recommend them for any event!

Meghan Molina · Married on 10/27/2018

Most Amazing DJ!

My husband and I had reached out to Shew-sical Entertainment due to a very poor experience involving our wedding. We were in a crunch and were very nervous due to previous experiences. Shew-sical washed all our worries away by their constant availability for questions. They had us fill out a questionnaire and told us they would match a DJ with us based off our needs. Due to our nerves this worried us. After the wedding I have to say that Shew-Sical Entertainment (our DJ Tom) went above our expectations to make the night absolutely perfect. They matched us with an absolutely amazing DJ, Tom! Our entire wedding was on the dance floor ALL night long. Tom had everyone entertained and having a blast from start to finish. I cannot say in enough words how amazing our experience was! This will be a night we will never forget. Looking back on many photos from the night, most are from everyone on the dance floor having the time of their lives. We will always be so grateful to Shew-sical for the amazing memories made on our wedding night. Thank you shew-sical and Tom, we cannot thank you enough!!

• Colleen

Colleen · Married on 10/20/2018

Could They BE Anymore Amazing?!

I was the Maid of Honor at my best friend's wedding, and that is when I was introduced to Matt Shew, her DJ. Throughout the night, he was absolutely perfect- professional, creative, and kept the dance floor full! After her wedding, booking Shew-sical for my wedding was one of the first things I did!
    From the initial email to our wedding night- Shew-sical was nothing but perfect. They were so organized and helpful, sending us emails with itinerary worksheets, top playlists, and always being very prompt with email responses. Whatever crazy bride question I asked, there was the perfect response in return. Never one stressful moment with them. Matt Shew was our DJ for the night and the only thing I regret was not giving him the biggest hug before we left. When we arrived to our venue, he immediately came up to us, introduced himself, congratulated us, and then reassured us that everything will go great- and it did. A week later and people are still telling us how much fun the wedding was- and I thank the music! What a wonderful job Matt did! I couldn't recommend him more!

Caitlin · Married on 10/20/2018

Best DJ!!!!

We absolutely LOVED Shew-sical! The entire booking process was so easy, the owners were very responsive and helpful in answering questions, etc. Our DJ, Travis, was amazing! Everything was perfect and we are so happy we used Shew-sical for their DJ services - highly recommend!!

Kristen · Married on 10/13/2018

Travis brought the house down!

Shew-sical was recommended by our wedding planners (Shout out for the recommendation A. Griffin Events!). They had already recommended some other great vendors so we thought...why not?

We took the leap and booked Shew-sical and we were not dissapointed. They asked us detailed questions about songs we liked and disliked. They made it super easy to send them our ceremony songs as well.

Travis was our DJ for the night of our wedding and he kept everyone dancing all night! So many that our guests broke out in to a “one more song, one more song!” After he called the last song of the night. Weeks after the wedding people are asking who we hired and that we had a killer DJ. My two cousins even said Travis was “so much better than our brothers DJ”. So I call that a win! Also, I gave Travis a huge hug at the end of the night!

Overall I was so immensely pleased with everything about Shew-sical. If you hire them for your wedding make sure to bring your dancing shoes!!!

Bethann · Married on 10/06/2018

The moment I talked to Nicole for the first time I knew that Shew-sical was the perfect DJ for our wedding. Nicole was amazing from the start- she offered suggestions, was always flexible, friendly. After meeting with Nicole for our consultation we knew she had to be our DJ for our wedding. When things ran behind she made everything run and flow smoothly. Thank you Nicole for making our wedding Perfect!

• Kerrie

Kerrie · Married on 09/22/2018

Great DJ - witnessed at multiple weddings

Matt was the DJ for my wedding & reception as well as my 2 sister in laws. He was a great communicator and extremely organized. He had great documents to make sure all music was accounted for during the whole event. They did not hide any costs in their pricing. It was easy to ask questions and receive the answers that I needed. He provided great recommendations on song choices and what equipment to bring based on the location of the ceremony. Most importantly, Matt did a great job of keeping the dance floor full during the receptions and getting all age groups to dance. We gave Matt a loose guide of reception dance floor music and told him to work his magic since he was the expert. We were extremely pleased with him from ours and the other weddings that he was the DJ for and highly recommend him for your wedding + reception.

Jane · Married on 09/09/2018

After searching through many DJ vendors in Northern Virginia, we ended up hiring Shew-sical from Maryland to be our wedding's DJ. After both my husband and I consulted with Matt, the owner, over the phone. we knew he would be a wonderful fit for our families. Matt is professional and a great communicator. He was excellent at reading the crowd and responding to the flow of the wedding even though we were behind schedule. We would highly recommend Matt to DJ and MC on your special day!!

Lauren · Married on 09/07/2018

Shew-sical is the absolute best! Everyone was on the floor dancing all night, from the youngest of guests to our 92-year-old grandmother. Communication was excellent throughout the entire engagement to the day of the wedding. I had no concerns at all. Shew-sical had an excellent planning document that helped us capture our vision. Matt was our DJ. We had a do not play list, and he verified with us multiple times about whether it would be ok to play any songs off of the list if requested. We also had a few strange requests and he warned us about them ahead of time. He was extremely competent and reassuring. It was a great evening thanks to Shew-sical!

Leanne · Married on 08/25/2018

We had a great expeir nice working with shew-Sical and John was an amazing DJ for our wedding. The audio and mic phones for the ceremony as well as the amazing dj services for the reception were excellent. Definitely recommend!

Natalia · Married on 08/18/2018

We had Rob to be our DJ for our wedding on Aug 18, 2018 and he did an amazing job! He paid attention to details, was able to get the music we wanted for every part of the event and was highly professional and on top of things. Highly recommend!

• Britnie

Britnie · Married on 08/10/2018

Matt was our dj. He was absolutely great. Met him after the ceremony and he asked if we needed anything or had questions and made sure to clear song choices with us first. Kept the night dancing along and everyone loved it.

Martin · Married on 05/27/2018

I can't say enough about Matt. He was the DJ at my recent wedding. He is terrific to work with. He actually took the time to download and play more than 100 songs I gave him. He scripted the wedding to perfection. You couldn't ask for more in a DJ!
    Marty

Challyn · Married on 05/19/2018

We hired Shew-sical for our wedding and could not have been happier with their services! Prior to the wedding they demonstrated excellent communication and had great song suggestions. They were very organized and helped us plan out the timing for the main events of our wedding. Jon was our DJ, and he really went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly on our wedding day. He kept the dance-floor full all night long, and multiple people commented that his song choices were perfect! I would definitely recommend Shew-sical!!!

Kristi · Married on 05/12/2018

When planning our wedding, the music was a huge priority for us. We went with Shew-sical and were not disappointed! We had Dan for a DJ and we very impressed! Leading up to our wedding, he was attentive, organized, and made suggestions to make sure the night would be the best possible. During the reception, he noticed the guests eyeing up the cupcakes and suggested some itinerary changes that made the night go smoothly and kept all the guests involved. Would definitely recommend Dan and Shew-sical to everyone looking for a great, high energy reception!

• NancyCtoA

Nancy · Married on 05/12/2018

The Shew-sical team did a great job with our wedding event. Our DJ was Robert, and kept our guests (at least the bride!) on their feets all night long, even jumping in to help us remember a line dance. Matt and Nicole were great to work with in the early planning stages. They answered all of our questions and reassured us about any concerns (NO Chicken Dance!). They made the entire process smooth and we could enjoy our special day knowing that the Shew-sical team was in charge of entertainment. No worries, just a fabulous night of celebrating with our friends and family (and DJ Robert)!

• Marlee

Marlee · Married on 04/14/2018

Everyone was on the Dance Floor

My husband and I wanted everyone up on the dance floor during our reception. We love music and love to dance and wanted to make sure everyone was out there with us. Matt worked with us to make sure he played music that our guests would enjoy. We could not have asked for a better experience!!!

• User7149088 · Recently married

Shew-sical was so easy to work with, and Tom was such a great DJ. It seemed like he's been doing this forever, and was so good at reading the room and getting people out on the floor. He made sure to hit all of our "must play" items, and it seemed like he made sure the groom and I were together before putting on our preferred slow songs. Everything just went so seamlessly, and I think I was on the dance floor most of the night too!

Lori · Married on 12/10/2017

Dan was the DJ for our ceremony and reception. He was very detailed and kept us on track for timeline. I recommend Shew-sical and especially Dan!

Marci · Married on 11/18/2017

Nicole did our wedding, and everything went great. She was very professional and kept the timeline running. People were on the dance floor from start to finish. We didn't really know what songs we wanted, but knew what we didn't want (line dances, etc.). She knew exactly what to do even though we probably weren't very helpful! Would definitely recommend!

Rebecca · Married on 10/29/2017

We initially experienced Matt and Shew-sical at our friend's wedding in 2016. We had such a blast at their wedding that when it came time to start planning our own wedding we knew Shew-sical would be the way to go for our DJ as well. Matt and Nicole were amazing to work with throughout the whole planning process. They were extremely organized and made sure every aspect of the day was thought of and planned out. They also have a list of songs to go through to make sure there are no songs that you do not want played at your wedding. Matt and Nicole were always easy to contact and very quick to respond to questions and their pricing was very reasonable as well. If you are in the market for a DJ, please do yourself a favor and talk with Matt and Nicole at Shew-sical.

Kim · Married on 10/21/2017

Mike was such a pleasure to work with! He made the whole process of wedding planning less stressful because of his knowledge and calming attitude. Funny guy, and our guests had a BLAST!