Sherwood Country Club Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Melissa
    Melissa C. Married on 07/27/2019

Wedding bliss

My family has been a member of Sherwood for over 15 years, so naturally it made sense to get married at what has been my second home. Allie, Heather, and my team went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I wanted to make my wedding dreams come true.

I was very familiar with the food options, but was pleasantly surprised to see the upscale presentation. They also accommodated my guests with dietary restrictions.

I am so thankful for all that they did from food tastings to mock ups. Thank you ladies!
  • Carol
    Carol W. Married on 03/31/2019

Amazing place!

Natural beauty. Understated elegance. Classy, but welcoming. Can’t imagine a more perfect wedding venue than Sherwood Country Club! It’s not as expensive as you’d think — much less then some other places we looked at. The food is scrumptious, the staff is cheerful, and Allie Friedman is a delight to work with — she’ll guide you every step of the way. When you see your wedding pictures, you’ll be especially glad you chose Sherwood.
    Tina Married on 01/12/2019

Wedding of our dreams

What can I say...our wedding at Sherwood Country Club was the wedding of our dreams. We could not have asked for a more beautiful location and helpful staff. The food was incredible too! We had friends and family fly to LA from all over the country and they were all blown away by how gorgeous this venue was. Allie was also a dream to work with! I still dream about having another event at Sherwood because it was just that memorable. I highly recommend this venue for any of you special occassions. It's a gem!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Michelle Married on 07/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sherwood was great to work with! The food was excellent!!! They were very accommodating with our requests.
    Taryn Married on 06/17/2017

Incredible Venue!

Just getting out of your car at Sherwood is jaw dropping. It's one of the most stunning properties in Southern California (And I say that as a wedding planner who sees all of these properties regularly!) My couple and I worked with Allie for almost two years and her customer service was incredible, especially considering that we were bringing in outside catering and had a lot of unique vendors coming on site. The day of the wedding, the staff at the venue could not have been more accommodating. Everyone was lovely and professional and they handled last minute requests as seamlessly as though it was part of the original plan. I very much look forward to working with them again!
    Jackie Married on 07/02/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sherwood Country Club reminds me of an exclusive man cave that only the 1% have access too, LOL! My husband loved the place as soon as we walked in, and there was no changing his mind. I mean, it's the one thing he felt so strongly about and I also loved it, so we didn't look anywhere else after seeing Sherwood.

We had both our ceremony and reception here and absolutely loved it. We hired David of Blacktie Photography to shoot our wedding here and he captured it beautifully! The grounds are stunning, and the staff here are very friendly. My husband joked that Sherwood is #retirementgoals. I don't even want to know how much membership is here, probably our annual salary combined!
    Rachel Married on 10/17/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sherwood Country Club is the most elegant and beautiful venue you could ever have for a wedding. The coordinator, Heather, was the most organized person I have ever worked with. She knew every answer to ever question we had and took such good care of us during the entire wedding process. I never once felt stressed or worried about any aspect of the venue and I was so impressed with how smoothly everything went on my special day. I was so incredibly happy with the service, food, decorations, and every staff member at Sherwood- it literally could not have been any more perfect. We had the seabass and filet as menu options (both amazing) and all the appetizers were delicious! My guests are still talking about our wedding 2 weeks later and saying it was by far the best wedding they have ever been to (and many of them have been to ALOT of fancy weddings). I highly recommend Sherwood Country Club for your wedding venue- you will not be disappointed!!
    Briana Married on 08/29/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sherwood Country Club is the most gorgeous wedding venue. I am so happy I booked my wedding here and had the opportunity to work with Heather. The venue is breathtaking and the service is impeccable. All of my guests said it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding and the best steak they have ever had. Everything was flawless from the first time we step foot on the venue until we left. Every detail was taken care of. Heather is wonderful to work with. She is so responsive and organized. Every staff member at the club took such good care of me and my guests. Booking Sherwood was the best decision I made. You cannot go wrong with this venue. Everything was absolutely perfect!
  • Carmela
    Carmela Married on 08/01/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sherwood Country Club was the perfect venue for our dream wedding. As a corporate meeting planner and owner of a small wedding flowers business, I've planned and attended events at countless venues in SoCal from major hotels, resorts, restaurants, country clubs, special event venues, museums, etc. When it came time to select our venue, I knew Sherwood was the special and unique venue for our big day.

Our ceremony was held on the covered terrace with beautiful views of the Santa Monica mountains. The dinner reception was held in their grand dining room. We booked our date over a year in advance and through the course of the year, the golf clubhouse and golf course went through a renovation. The spaces were even more lovely and nicely decorated for our big day.

The food was amazing! As an events professional, great food is key to a memorable event and our wedding had the best thanks to the team at Sherwood. From the cocktail hour to the dinner, we were so impressed and our guests raved about the food. The passed appetizers for the cocktail hour looked as good as they tasted. Our three-course dinner featured a one-of-a-kind endive salad, a beautifully-prepared filet mignon and salmon duo and a decadent chocolate brownie with dulce de leche gelato. For our first meal as husband and wife with our closest family and friends, it was fantastic and worth every penny.

We will forever be grateful to Heather, Sherwood's Director of Catering. She was easy to work with and an integral part in executing our dream wedding. Heather is the knowledgeable, kind, patient and detail-oriented professional a couple needs while planning their wedding. I wish I could work with her on some of my other events. We are so thankful for her hard work on our wedding.

Sherwood will always be a special place for us! We wish we could do it all over again.

Alison Married on 03/28/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I cannot imagine a better experience than the one we had at Sherwood Country Club. The location is gorgeous inside and out, and the food was incredible. Allison and the team at Sherwood worked with us every step of the way to ensure that everyone was well taken care of. As someone who has had a lot of banquet meals, I have to say that our dinner was one of the best! Our guests are still racing about everything!If you are considering having your wedding here you won't regret it!!
    Kathleen Married on 02/15/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sherwood Country Club was the perfect venue for our wedding. The property is stunning! We had our first look photos by the waterfall - the scenery in every picture was breathtaking. The ceremony site was so picturesque with the mountains in the background during sunset. The ballroom is gorgeous. Everyone raved about our venue and the delicious food! Not only is Sherwood beautiful, the staff is incredible. I can't say enough positive things about Heather and Dianna. They made my wedding everything I dreamed it would be. They were fun, easy to work with and very detail oriented. I highly recommend Sherwood as a wedding venue!
    Traci Married on 08/01/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I have dreamed of getting married at Sherwood Country Club for many years and two weeks ago, that dream came true. The ceremony was on the tennis side under the big oak tree next to the waterfall and the reception was in the ballroom on the golf side. Everything was perfect and all of the staff were so nice and helpful. My guests are still talking about our wedding and how beautiful and perfect it was at Sherwood.
    Tatiana Married on 10/06/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This is the most beautiful and exclusive place with great food, exceptional service, privacy, gorgeous views and most attentive coordinator Heather. Love it!
  • User1252074 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sherwood is a beautiful venue with breathtaking views. The quality of service goes above and beyond expectation. The staff at Sherwood made our big day stress free and easy going. With all their help, my husband and I were able to truly relax and enjoy all the planning that went into our wedding day.
    Lisa Married on 07/21/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sherwood was absolutely AMAZING venue! Heather, the catering manager was great! She was so responsive, helped us out with everything we could possibly think of! Thank you so much Heather for EVERYTHING! The venue itself is absolutely amazing and spectacular! Any bride and groom would LOVE this place! We thought it might be too far for people to drive to, but once they heard the location everyone was in awe! Also, it didn't stop people from drinking and having a good time! This was the first wedding that we've ever been attended that the dance floor was packed the ENTIRE night! It was great!
    Also, the FOOD was the BEST! I can't tell you how many compliments that we've gotten about the food! People constantly tell me it was HANDS DOWN the BEST WEDDING FOOD EVER! and I know that people will always say that the wedding was great...but people have told us that this is the BEST WEDDING EVER!!! THank you Sherwood and Heather for everything!!! Truly gave me the wedding of my DREAMS!
    Mariam Married on 09/03/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I Loved Loved Loved having my wedding at Sherwood! The location is stunning, so unique, and impressive on many different levels from the outside scenery, to the colonial style club house...my guests are still raving about it! And Heather Sims is an absolute godsend! I never once questioned her professionalism nor her competence...she was soo on top of all of my detailed nit picky requests (which is key for a type A bride like myself!) and was always responsive and helpful in addressing any and all questions and issues. She really did alleviate my stress as opposed to add stress like most vendors tend to do. You will NOT regret having your wedding at Sherwood!
    Kristin Married on 06/20/2009
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    extremely accommodating staff, beautiful venue and perfect in every way.
    Elena Married on 07/27/2014
    4.9 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    It's a place to make a wedding!!! I lived this place, everything is so beautiful, and made with taste. I think it's a best place!
  • F
    Floria Married on 08/08/2008
    4.9 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    As soon as my mom, fiance and I walked into Sherwood Country Club, we knew we had to have our wedding there. Our wedding guests are still raving about how beautiful Sherwood Country Club is and I keep seeing pictures my friends took of themselves there pop up on facebook because the scenery is amazing. When our photographer took pictures of us at the waterfall, he said that he has never had such a beautiful location for his wedding pictures and it was his favorite that he has seen. And our friends were telling us that they got lost on the way to the location, but they are so happy they did because it was such a beautiful place to drive around.

It is a very upscale location but we had the best party I have ever seen at a wedding! It is also a little more expensive there than other venues but well worth it! And it helped that the package included everything-- from the dance floor, to votive candles to the cake. By the way, the pastry chef made the most amazing cake I have ever seen! The catering manager and director are really helpful and responsive. Every question I had was answered immediately and they made sure every detail was figured out.

One thing to look out for-- review your final proposal in detail to make sure you aren't getting charged for things that are not included for your specific wedding. I was charged for extra people (because they charged the vegetarian meals twice) and for rooms that I was not using. When I brought this to their attention, it was quickly resolved.

Since Sherwood Country Club does not advertise as a wedding venue, our preferred date was readily available (even though we only booked it 6 months ahead of time). The minimum for Saturdays is quite high (compared to other venues we checked out) but there is no minimum for Fridays or Sundays. Without a doubt, I think this is the best place to have a wedding reception in all of Ventura County.
  • Ryan
    Ryan B. Married on 09/28/2019

Excellent Experience, Amazing Venue

My wife and I had been searching for venues that checked all of our boxes for our wedding in 2019. I can say with confidence Sherwood Country Club exceeded every expectation we had. It is a stunning venue that only does one wedding at a time, so we didn’t have to worry about sharing the space with anyone else. The outdoor ceremony space has an incredible view and the banquet hall was perfect.
  • .
    Shannon Married on 06/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Professional, friendly and easy to work with

Sherwood Country Club exceed my already very high expectations! A year later, my guests are still commenting on how beautiful my wedding was. Everyone at Sherwood was friendly, easy to work with (I enjoyed working with Allie) and extremely professional. They also accommodated outside vendors with ease. The venue is classy and the views are incredible. It is the perfect one-stop-shop if you want to have your wedding and reception at one location. And when it comes to pictures...OMG! There are so many beautiful locations on the property (the waterfall is a must). If I had to do it all over again, I would still choose Sherwood. Trust me; you will not be disappointed!
    Reagan Married on 06/11/2011
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    Sherwood helped to create the wedding of my dreams. The location is spectacular - definitely impresses guests. It is very upscale, but not snooty - we had a large live band playing until quite late with everyone on the dance floor (and the club employees loved that we had quite a party!). The club employees are all very professional but kind/nice/friendly to everyone. The food is not typical wedding food - everyone is definitely still talking about how delicious it is. Yes, the country club has rules that need to be followed, but that is what you get for booking at a very private country club. None of the rules affected what I/my husband wanted to do, so they don't bother me. I highly recommend this location.
    Shawna Married on 11/08/2008
    4.6 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
    Wonderful and beautiful location- everyone loved it!
  • renee
    Renee Married on 11/12/2011
    4.2 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
    I don't know if there is a better place to do pictures and your reception. Of course, having your reception at the same place they filmed the movie "Bridesmaids" is awesome!!!! Heather is a joy to work with, and while they are a high end venue, I guess you get what you pay for as our room and settings were gorgeous! If you can afford it, definitely have your wedding here, its just a beautiful place to celebrate.
    Kristen Married on 06/26/2011
    4.2 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
    Absolutely beautiful location. There are a lot of rules that are put forth by the members of the club but I suppose that is what you get when booking your wedding at a country club. All of our Guests talked about how wonderful/beautiful our location was...it definately does impress! The food was delicious and we still are hearing from our guests about how much they loved the food. The privacy and exclusivity really create a perfect wedding day. Sherwood does get on the expensive side.
illustration stars