Sherrie Long Hair & Makeup Reviews

Sherrie Long Hair & Makeup 4
Sherrie Long Hair & Makeup 5
Sherrie Long Hair & Makeup 6

Rebecca · Married on 11/04/2016

There is not enough wonderful things I can say about Sherrie. She arrived on time and promptly set up. She is AMAZING. My makeup & hair was done at 8am this morning and it's still perfectly in place. I cried throughout most of my ceremony and my makeup stayed put. I never had the opportunity to do a trail with Sherrie because I live in Texas. She looked at a picture of my hair and makeup and executed it PERFECTLY. I would pay double what I paid for her. Don't hesitate and go with someone cheaper. This is your wedding, and your one day to feel gorgeous: Sherrie Is worth every penny! I promise you won't be disappointed!!

Jamie · Married on 10/16/2015

Sherrie and her assistant both did an incredible job. I was originally looking for an airbrush makeup artist, and while Sherrie does do airbrush, she helped me understand the different options via e-mail conversations, and I ended up going with hand-applied makeup with waterproofing instead of the airbrush, and it lasted beautifully for the day and late into the evening. During the trial, which she does at a salon in Cow Hollow in San Francisco, we tried four slightly different looks with both the makeup and the hair (she was continually optimizing to make sure I was happy with the look), and she took photos in between so I could see how the hair and makeup would photograph, which is of course important for the big day!

For the wedding, Sherrie did both my hair and makeup, and both she and her assistant worked on the hair and makeup for my three sisters and matron of honor. I loved the way everything looked even more than the trial. My matron of honor has very curly hair and is quite particular about how it's styled so she didn't even hire a hair stylist for her own wedding, but Sherrie did such a great job, my curly-haired MOH was so happy with how it all turned out!

She also provided a lip palette and some powder for a small additional charge so that I could do any touch-ups as needed throughout the night -- I only really re-touched my makeup once after some dancing.

Sherrie is fantastic, and a true professional -- I would highly recommend her to anyone!!!

I'm obsessed with Sherrie!!!! She did the BEST job, and i couldn't have felt more beautiful. I received tons of compliments and the groom's jaw literally dropped when he saw me walk down the aisle. He told me his heart skipped seven beats when he first laid eyes on me. All words a bride wants to hear...all thanks to Sherrie! Her work is phenomenal. I have very curly hair which I would not put in the hands of just anyone, especially on my special day. She dealt with it like the pro that she is, and I had complete trust in her. She also did makeup service for me which was flawless and magically lasted all night long!!! My mother had her hair and makeup done with Sherrie as well. She was hesitant at first, since she has never had them done before, but she was so happy and I could tell she felt beautiful and confident with the end result. Her assistant also did hair and makeup for my sisters and mother in law. They all could not have been more thrilled. I wish I had Sherrie as my personal makeup artist for every occasion!! She is totally worth every penny. THANK YOU so much!!!!

Mirelle · Married on 10/24/2014

I can't say how absolutely phenomenal Sherrie Long is and how grateful I am to have had her do my wedding makeup! She is so incredibly talented and made me look and feel so stunning and radiant on my big day. I hired her and one of her stylists to do my hair and makeup as well as five bridesmaids' hair and makeup in my hotel room. Sherrie and her stylist arrived 15 minutes early on the dot, set up, and even finished everyone's hair and makeup early, allowing for touch-ups on the girls who went first. Even the trial day was so easy and fun. Sherrie really understood the look I was aiming for and my wedding photos and video are exceptional! Thank you so much, Sherrie, for helping make me and my bridesmaids so beautiful on my wedding day.

Nini · Married on 08/23/2014

I have two sisters and we hire Sherrie for every wedding. We love her work and we would hire her each time even if we had 5 more sisters! We know that if Sherrie is booked for our hair and makeup, that is one less worry to bog us down in the wedding planning. If you want to look amazing on your event, I highly recommend Sherrie. You will not be sorry.

I could not have asked for a better hair and makeup experience. She was simply amazing!

Jessie · Married on 10/12/2013

Sherrie did a fantastic job with my hair and makeup both on my wedding day and the rehearsal dinner. From all the wedding stress, I had a small blemish that showed up the day before the wedding but Sherry made my skin look flawless! I received so many compliments on my makeup. Sherrie put together a great team and my bridesmaids loved how they looked! I would highly recommend Sherrie!

Rachel · Married on 09/28/2013

Sherrie and Staff was amazing, they were at my hotel suite early and ready to go. My wedding was at 10am and they started at 6am without any yawns or complaints. They did amazing beautiful work, at the end of my wedding i still looked as fresh as the beginning!!

I am someone who has hated every picture of her ever taken, and the one thing I was sad about for my wedding day was knowing that these photos probably wouldn't be different.

Working with Sherrie I couldn't have been more wrong. From the second we began working together, she completely understood how to translate what I wanted to look like on my wedding day into a reality no other makeup artist has ever been able to do for me. Our trial was seamless and, day of, she duplicated the exact hair and makeup look I had always dreamed of. Her team made me and my girls feel glamourous and gorgeous, and I cannot believe how beautiful everyone looks, myself included, in our photos.

I cannot thank and recommend Sherrie enough. She will be my forever makeup artist for life!

• Y

Yvonne · Married on 07/21/2013

Sherrie was awesome throughout, and was very patient while I changed the venue as well as the number of people who would require hair & makeup (more than once!). I felt pretty (which is rare) on my wedding day, my bridesmaids looked beautiful, and our wedding pictures also turned out beautifully!

Sherrie and her team did an incredible job! Can't thank them enough! :)

Sherrie is wonderful to work with. She did hair and makeup for my rehearsal and wedding events. She understood "the look" I wanted for each night and made sure it matched my dress, style and appropriateness of the event. Would highly recommend!

Michelle · Married on 05/11/2013

LOVED working with Sherrie!!! My hair and make-up was everything I had hoped for. Her team also did a great job on the wedding party. Would highly recommend!

Neva · Married on 05/04/2013

I decided I wanted to use Sherrie for my own wedding after being a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding and loving her work and professionalism. I was choosing between Sherrie and another hair/makeup artist for my wedding in May, and after my trial with her I knew immediately that I would go with Sherrie. I loved how I looked and it was clear that Sherrie knew exactly the look I was going for. I didn't look overly made up, I just looked like an enhanced version of me-- which I what I was going for. I have a ton of thick hair and Sherrie gave me the perfect bun with the perfect amount of height in the front that I wanted. After deciding I wanted my hair up for the wedding, I was paranoid about having pageant hair. I showed Sherrie my Pinterest hair/makeup board and she immediately knew what I was looking for. My makeup was natural but stunning. We treated the bridesmaids and the 2 moms with hair/makeup on the day of the wedding, and everyone looked amazing. Sherrie's staff are all also incredibly talented. I actually had one bridesmaid who was afraid to get her makeup done, and she initially opted out of makeup. Once all the other girls started getting their makeup done, she asked me 'is it too late???' and ended up getting her makeup done because she saw how gorgeous Sherrie and her team's work was. Sherrie is not cheap, but her work is really impressive and worth the price. I'd definitely recommend her to anyone on their special day.

• dougandaileen

Aileen · Married on 05/03/2013

Sherrie was an absolute dream to work with! There aren't enough words to express how much talent she has and how sweet she is. There are so many makeup artists, that finding one for my wedding was daunting. I was specifically looking for artists who had commercial experience and not just for weddings because it tells me that the artist is flexible and can adapt different looks. I'm lucky I found Sherrie! She made me look beautiful - everything from my hairstyle to my makeup was pure perfection and I had no complaints whatsoever. My makeup and hair even lasted ALL DAY in 90 degree sweltering heat. Sherrie also did my mother's makeup who also loved Sherrie's work (and we all know how picky mothers can be). If there's another even I need makeup done for, I'm calling Sherrie without hesitation.

Sherrie is amazing!!! After 3 horrible trail runs with other vendors Sherrie not only spent extra time on my consultation to make me comfortable, but made sure to make me look lovely. I got an extraordinary amount of compliments on both my hair (extensions that she applied) and makeup on my wedding day and her contouring and colors looked perfect in pictures without looking fake or heavy in person. Sherrie is truly talented and reasonably priced too!!

Alyssa · Married on 01/20/2013

Sherrie is an absolute pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her. She's personable, extremely professional and very talented!

Katie · Married on 07/24/2010

Sherrie went above and beyond to make the day wonderful for me. She listened to everything I wanted and always had really great ideas. She was timely, efficient and very thoughtful. I would recommend her to anyone!

Breana · Married on 05/15/2010

Sherrie was absolutely amazing. My hair and makeup were flawless and remained that way for the entire night. On top of proving fantastic hair and makeup, she also is personable and extremely helpful with any potential problems. It was a joy working with her and I wish she lived on the East Coast!

Marcela · Married on 05/08/2010

Sherrie is also another vendor that I found from a friend's recommendation. I checked out her website and was blown away by her portfolio. She does makeup for Hollywood artists and fashion magazines, so I was almost immediately sold :) Her name was also mentioned a couple of times on various wedding forums so I knew she must be pretty good. What sold me was after I saw her makeup on two fellow Project Wedding brides, I LOVED how their hair and makeup looked. I booked her early on (even prior to our trial) since she books really fast. She really listened to me while also providing input based on her experience on what would work best with my features. I got married during a pretty windy day and the hair stayed up the whole night! She also had this spray that made the makeup stay the whole night. Her makeup also photographs really well. I highly recommend Sherrie!

Kerri · Married on 05/01/2010

Sherrie Long is nothing short of amazing. I had the (very) good fortune to have my hair and makeup done by Sherrie for my friend's wedding, and then for my own wedding in May 2010. I can't imagine anyone doing a better job-- my up-do was absolutely perfect, and everything that I asked her to do. Same with my makeup. I felt like a starlet, and have never, ever, felt more beautiful. My favorite thing to say about Sherrie's work is that "I looked like a photoshopped version of myself!" Besides her wonderful talent, experience and professionalism, she is also a delightful person with whom to spend your wedding day prep time. She is sweet, funny, respectful and easily blends into your group of family and wedding party players. I can't say enough to recommend Sherrie Long! You will absolutely not be disappointed if you choose her to help you feel your best on your special day.

• kfc811

Kristi · Married on 08/22/2009

Sherrie is amazing at what she does. She made me feel like a million dollars on my wedding day! Sherrie, is not only very friendly and easy to get along with, but she is also very punctual and flexible. I went though 3 ha& m trials with other local artists until I finally chose the right fit for me. Sherrie above all the others truly listened to what I wanted instead of doing what she thought would look good on me. Sherrie is truly on in a million when it comes to hair and makeup. Thanks Sherrie for making me look and feel fabulous!

a · Married on 04/05/2008

Sherrie is a fabulous artist! Before the wedding, she was easy to communicate with via email, and the day of, she was on-time and ready at our remote location (despite the fact that I was running late and had given her the wrong address - oops!). But most importantly, Sherrie created exactly the look I wanted for my wedding, based only on a few photos and my very non-technical descriptions. The updo, a low chignon with sideswept bangs, was simply gorgeous - even more beautiful than I had imagined, especially once she placed the orchids my florist provided. And the makeup was perfect - I didn't even check it thoughout the night, except once, after my teariest moment - and it still looked flawless! I felt radiant, confident, and natural - exactly as a bride should - and it shows in our pictures.

• Q

qtqiqi · Married on 10/06/2007

Sherrie definitelly lived up to all the raves! she is truly a professional and does everything with easy and precision. My make up was so natrual, I felt raidant and everyone complimented on how beautiful my mom and I looked. Sherrie's assistant artist Suzzette did a great job for mom's hair and makeup as well. Highly recomended!

Jessica · Married on 09/29/2013

Sherrie was easy to work with for scheduling hair and make-up trials, and she was always prompt and ready to go. She has a lot of experience and did a beautiful job for myself, my sister, my mom, and my mother-in-law. She helped me look gorgeous on my wedding day, and I really enjoyed working with her!

D · Married on 05/26/2012

Sherrie Long did an AWESOME JOB on my hair and makeup for my wedding! Everyone loved the entire look! She and the makeup artists she brought also did the hair and makeup for all four of my bridesmaids, my mother, my husband's mother and my husband's sister and everyone absolutely loved EVERYTHING!!! Sherrie really knows what she is doing and brides always want to look their best!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!