Sherm's Catering Reviews

12 Reviews for Sherm's Catering

• Kate

Kate Wright · Married on 06/29/2019

Wonderful!

We used Sherm's catering for our wedding this past June, and we had a wonderful experience! We worked directly with Becky to organize, and Sherm on the food. We got many compliments on the Prime Rib and Crab Cakes from our guests! Their customer service is top-notch from the first contact to the wedding day and after.

Sent on 07/21/2019

Sherm's Catering's reply:

Thanks Kate! We had such a great time helping you with your day :). It is always an honor to be a part of such a special day - to celebrate Love!
  • Emily

Emily Williams · Married on 06/29/2019

delicious & easy to work with

the food was amazing & our guests all thought the selection was so great. sherms did an awesome job with our wedding!!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Lisa Carey · Married on 02/23/2019

Excellent!

Sherm's Catering was absolutely wonderful, from the tasting all the way to our wedding. The food was outstanding, our entire family loved it and still talks about it. The staff was wonderful and fun and could not ask for a better caterer. Thanks again Sherm's!
    The Armstrongs

Sent on 03/04/2019

Sherm's Catering's reply:

Thank you Lisa and Shawn, it was a pleasure working with you both to make your day Deliciously Memorable!! Here's to many years of happiness. We are honored you picked us!
  • Dawne

Dawne · Married on 08/18/2018

Sherms is my new place for all of my catering needs! They did our wedding last week and nailed it! The food was amazing and they were so wonderful to work with! You cant go wrong with anything they make (ecspecialy their crab cakes)

Sent on 08/29/2018

Sherm's Catering's reply:

Thank you Dawne!! It was a pleasure making your day deliciously memorable. Sorry for my late reply, somehow missed this!
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 05/21/2016

Steff and Sherm have been a blast to work with! The quality of service with these guys is really fantastic; they really just want to make sure that your day is perfect and one that you remember as being carefree and fun! The food is wonderful and they were very accommodating when creating a menu within our budget. They offered trusted references for other quality services in the area and have really been a blessing throughout planning.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/21/2016

The staff was so nice and friendly. The food was great and our guests loved it!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Travita · Married on 09/07/2014

There are no words to express the love I have for Sherm and his team! He came on board at Frog Hollow Golf Club one week before my reception, and I was initially terrified, as I had already worked out a menu and all of the reception details with another caterer. After all, good food is one of the most important aspects of a wedding! Sherm immediately put my nerves to rest, and he came through for us in a major way! Not only was he able to prepare the menu we had selected, his special touches made the menu even more delicious! He was extremely professional, and able to take care of all of the details to make our wedding reception one we'll never forget! Awesome food + Awesome service = Sherm's Catering!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Sherm's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much. It was our honor and pleasure to serve you, your family and friends. Again Thank you!

Christy · event on 07/01/2014

We used Sherm's for a retirement breakfast, they were very flexible in arriving to our place of business at an early hour. They set up quickly but did not sacrifice presentation, the tables were beautifully set with gorgeous flowers. Service was friendly and fast! We had over 75 people coming through the omelette line, all were served and seated quickly. The food was delicious, I recevied nothing but compliments all day from our staff!

Sent on 07/02/2014
  • Nikesha

Nikesha · Married on 04/05/2014

They provided us an amazing experience at our wedding. We absolutely love everything about this company. Their food is amazing, the price is great, the customer service is awesome. Guest at our wedding were raving about the food, even asked for cards for this service. They were on time, they provided us with more than asked. You have a customer forever.

Sent on 04/21/2014

George · Married on 06/07/2013

The food was great and Susan was a great coordinator!!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Gracie · Married on 05/04/2019

4.2
      3.0

Budget friendly, but not ready for 250 guests

The planning process overall was great with Becky & Sherm. They were very flexible since we wanted some nontraditional food for our wedding. Becky helped to coordinate a lot, and even helped us work with Woodside Creamery to get an ice cream truck at our reception. Our tasting was really fun and Sherm helped us identify different options for food. The food had a lot of charm - the fried chicken and fish tacos were wonderful at the tasting!
    We had around 250 guests at our wedding at Rosewood Farms. I brought up a concern during our final walk-through that one buffet line may not be enough for our large guest count. I was told one buffet line should suffice so I trusted the insight.
    On the wedding day the biggest comment was that the service was slow. It took a little longer than an hour for all guests to get food. Our DJ was great at coordinating tables to line up for the buffet so in the beginning everything was running smoothly. However we received comments that the buffet line serving was slow. On top of that, guests were lining up for seconds before some tables were called for their first dish, causing even more of a delay. By the time the last few tables were called up there wasn't much food left. The lines became very long at one point and it almost looked like our reception space was getting really claustrophobic. This also delayed our schedule for the night. Looking back I think it would have been beneficial to have two buffet lines.
    Ultimately everyone enjoyed the fun menu we had (Fried Chicken, Jambalaya, Fish Tacos, Mixed Vegetables). I don't think the food had the same charm on the wedding day as it did in the tasting, but I still thought the menu was exactly what we would have wanted for our day. The butter was unique and delicious as well! We ended the night with Woodside Creamery and our guests had a great time eating ice cream.
    Overall I would say Sherm's Catering had a nice variety of food options and the planning was very efficient and easygoing, however if your guest count is quite large, I would make sure the catering is ready for efficient service especially for a buffet.

Sent on 05/10/2019