16 Reviews for Sheque Perfection

16 Sheque Perfection Reviews

I'm so happy that I used Shenique for my hair and makeup for my wedding day! She was extremely professional and down to earth. I showed her my vision and she made it come to life. I truly felt like I was hanging out with an old friend during my experience with her, which is what every bride needs on their wedding day. She was relaxed and personable. She truly contributed to my overall day and set the tone for the biggest day of my life. Everyone commented on how much they LOVED my hair and makeup. I am forever grateful! If you are getting married or having an event on Providenciales or you just want to get glammed up you would be crazy to use anyone else but Shenique!!

Profile Picture Joy, 5/16/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I am so glad I decided to have my hair and make-up done for my wedding. Shenique was recommeded to me by my wedding planner, and she was excellent. We emailed a few times and she came to our cottage a couple of hours prior to our wedding and my hair and make-up was stunning.
I wasn't quite sure how it would go since I had never met Shenique, but she was great.

I'd highly recommend Shenique !

Profile Picture Patricia, 3/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shenique is amazing! We took engagement photos in Turks and Caicos, and she did my hair and makeup beforehand in our hotel room. She was even happy to meet me there at 6:45am since we wanted early morning light for our photo shoot. She created beachy waves that looked exactly how I wanted with hair that usually barely holds a curl. She also gave much appreciated fashion advice, picking out my outfits for the engagement shoot. My hair and makeup looked amazing, yet very natural and held up all morning during what turned into an uncomfortably warm day on the beach!

Months later, returning to the Gansevoort for our wedding, I felt so relaxed knowing Shenique would be doing hair and makeup for my sister and I the day of the wedding. She uses the highest quality products, and was able to cover up my slight sunburn without bothering my sensitive skin. I was also terrified of false eyelashes, and she kept me calm and comfortable as she applied them...and I am so happy she did! Both my makeup and my sister's looked flawless all day and night. She made me feel exactly how every bride wants to feel on her wedding day- relaxed and beautiful! I only wish she lived in California, so she could do my hair and makeup for many other special occasions!

Profile Picture Seana, 3/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shenique was absolutely wonderful to work with! I got married in Turks & Caicos in March 2015. It is difficult to choose somebody to do your hair and make-up on your wedding day when you are far from home. Shenique was very responsive from the very beginning and I'm so pleased with the results. She was very flexible on where and when I wanted her on my wedding day. I suggested a time and she came right to my hotel room to do my hair and make up. I just lounged in my robe as she worked on her masterpiece - me! :-)

Profile Picture Erin, 3/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Where's the 10 star option on here? 5.0 just isn't enough to convey how absolutely amazing she is at transforming a woman into Cinderella.

Coming to TCI to get married, I had the man of my dreams, the dress of my dreams and the location of my dreams. Beyond that, I had zero expectations - I thought it'd be selfish to wish for anything else. So, for example, when it came to my hair, I've always disliked it when it was professionally styled (for prom, being a bridesmaid), and to hope for it to be perfect or even just okay, was going to be too much of a stretch of good luck - no matter how good the professional was. Well, I was wrong - turns out it doesn't take luck to get beautiful, stunning hair and make up on your wedding! I trusted that Shenique was good - everyone from my wedding planner to a woman in Connecticut who does the booking for the Sibonne (a small hotel on Grace Bay) said Shenique is the best. But what no review or photo can convey is just how amazingly talented Shenique is. (When I speak about her, I say she's part undercover beauty ninja and part miracle-working fairy godmother!) With pretty much zero direction from me, she beautifully did my make up - I absolutely loved the complementary hues she used and was amazed at how she made my eyes "pop" and sparkle like never before. I received countless compliments all night long. And for my hair - as much as I tried to fight it, she was totally right in her advice to wear my hair up because of the jeweled bolero I was wearing on my shoulders. And she expertly transformed a picture from a phone into a real-life, stunning up do on me. I still can't believe how beautifully detailed it was with subtle twists and braids - t was free-spirited, like me, yet so elegant. I've never felt so beautiful, and I truly think it was because of what an amazing job Shenique did - she transformed me and made me feel like Cinderella. I am so very, very grateful to Shenique for giving me that once in a lifetime experience.

Profile Picture Alexa, 1/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Not having been to the island to pre-plan the wedding at all, it was a little difficult to try and plan for who was going to do my hair and makeup. As you can imagine, trusting someone you have never met on one of the most important days in your life is quite scary! Especially for something like doing your hair and makeup. So many things can go wrong! So, I did my research. I read review after review, visited blogs, social media sites, websites, etc.
I was most impressed with the photos I saw on Shenique Higg’s Facebook page, Sheque Perfection. I immediately contacted her after seeing her amazing work, and I knew she was the person I was going to trust on my day. I will say, I was a little concerned about not wanting to pay extra for a trial run, HOWEVER – trust me, with Shenique there is absolutely no need for a trial run.
I showed her a few photos of how I wanted my hair, and she said, “got it.” I asked if she wanted me to leave the photo up for her while she did my hair, she said she was good and didn’t need it. Of course this freaked me out a little. Well, I will tell you what – it was EXACTLY what I wanted. Literally, to a tee.
When it came to makeup, Shenique had never seen how I do my makeup on a daily basis. When she met me, I had zero makeup on. I started talking her through how I do my makeup, and realized that was not needed. She had a vision, and she 100% delivered. My makeup was absolutely beautiful. It was not overdone, and completely highlighted the features of my face the exact way I wanted. I was quite scared I was going to look entirely different and be unhappy, but how she did my makeup was literally perfect.
She was pleasant and fun to be around. I cannot imagine my hair or makeup being any more perfect than it was, and I am confident the day would not have been as special without the wonderful work she did.

Profile Picture Lauren, 1/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Highly highly recommend! Shenique was on time and did 6 girls hair and 3 girls makeup- ensuring we were ready with ample time to take photos before the ceremony AND that everyone felt beautiful! Everyone's hair and makeup held up great, especially considering it was an outdoor ceremony and it was VERY WINDY out that day! Extremely pleased!

Profile Picture Kristin, 1/10/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I was recommended to use Sheque perfection for my wedding in Turks at Seven Stars resort and I am so glad I did! From the beginning emailing with Shenique was so easy. She was always quick to respond and willing to work with prices for me and my bridal party.
I had 3 events during my wedding week and Shenique did all if them. Each better than the next. I felt so beautiful every day. I received do many compliments with each look!!
She was very capable of replicating an exact look and styling my hair exactly as I wanted it. For my wedding day hair we did a trial and when she knew I didn't love it, she was very open to helping change it to a better look that "looked more and felt like me". Then when I changed my mind again on the wedding day she created something even better than I imagined!
She was flexible with times when I asked her to come early or later each day. And punctual each time.
Her and one of her stylist did hair for me and 6 others in my bridal party. Everyone looked beautiful!! Again receiving so many compliments!!
One of the best parts also, was that our hair lasted all day and night, even with the crazy wind and dancing!
I would recommended Shenique to any bride and her party!

Profile Picture Angie, 12/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Sheque Perfection did my make up and hair for my wedding (as well as my mother's hair) and it was PERFECT! When my look was finished it was exactly what I asked for except even better than I originally imagined. I have long and thick hair that doesn't behave very well in the humidity and Shenique made sure that my hair was tame and polished as I walked down the aisle. Also, as it got close to walking down the aisle my bridal party and I started to run late on time (image that!). Shenique jumped right in to help me and bridesmaids get ready. At the wedding we were still talking about how awesome Shenique is!

Profile Picture Kristan, 11/30/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I am one of those people who is absolutely hopeless when it comes to hair and makeup so when my husband and I decided to have a destination wedding I knew I would need to hire someone and we would most likely not have a trial run before the actual day which made me nervous. I did a lot of internet research and found Shenique. I'm so happy that I did! Right away she was incredibly responsive and informative and made me feel so much better. My hair and makeup turned out beautiful and so did my bridesmaid's. You can definitely tell that Shenique is a true professional! Thank you for everything Shenique!

Profile Picture erin, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shenique was fantastic - I am so glad she did my hair and make up for my special day. Highly recommend, you will not be disappointed.

Her team was also great to work with and they made my bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law look incredible.

Profile Picture Bari, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shenique at Sheque Perfection did my hair and makeup for my welcome dinner and wedding. She was able to create two beautiful and very different looks. I never felt more beautiful than on my wedding. That is thanks to Shenique! Shenique is very professional and fun. She made the getting ready process so relaxing and comfortable. Shenique is hands down the best!!!

Profile Picture Suki's, 7/12/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Shenique did the makeup for myself, my 3 bridesmaids, my mom and my mother-in-law. She did an amazing job on everyone and my makeup was exactly what I wanted for my wedding day. I would highly recommend her for makeup services for your wedding day!!

Profile Picture User4684974, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shenique was amazing. I was nervous about having an unknown stylist work on my hair for my wedding (but having a destination wedding doesn't leave you much choice)! She was on time, she brought everything I needed, she was professional and I loved the outcome! I'd recommend her to any bride. She was able to execute the look I wanted via pictures from Pinterest. She was definitely worth the price. When I was shopping around, her prices were a little higher, but she was able to provide a portfolio of work and reviews which other vendors could not. Comparatively, she was only about ~$20-$50 more and with the piece of mind I had after viewing her work, I would not have gone with any other stylist. She really helped make my day run smooth. I loved the first attempt, there was no adjustments or redos needed which made my stress level ZERO.

Profile Picture User4882626, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Shenique and the ladies who work with her were absolutely wonderful! She did a beautiful job with my hair and make-up and helped me be completely relaxed on my big day. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture User4677739, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shenique was my makeup artist on my wedding day. She showed up in my room on time and fully prepared. She did a great job and I love the look in all my wedding photos. Shenique was a pleasure to work with and I am happy I chose her!

Profile Picture Jin, 2/8/10, 2 Reviews