42 Reviews for Shenandoah Valley Golf Club

Wireless Internet (1)
Altar/Arches (1)
Chair Covers (1)
41 Shenandoah Valley Golf Club Reviews

This is a georgeous facility for wedding. They have awesome view of golf course for reception area, all our guests enjoy this facility. The staff and services were excellent and manager Janet is so professional, friendly and easy to work with. We are very thankful to have our wedding at this golf club.
Thanks again!

Fred

Profile Picture Ching, 11/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our wedding was elegant and tasteful. The staff was very flexible, because we had to move it inside last minute.

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough good things about the staff at SVGC! We got married on 9/16/17 and the wedding was better than anything I could have ever imagined. We booked the venue a year in advance and Janet was extremely helpful in that entire time leading up to our wedding; answering my questions in a timely manner, providing suggestions based off of her experiences with so many other weddings, and she was just so accommodating and friendly. She was an absolute joy to work with! The execution the day of the wedding was flawless! My guests continually rave about how everything went off without a hitch. The staff made sure that we stuck to our timeline and they were all was so professional and friendly. And the food! I still have guests reaching out to me to tell me that the crab cakes were the best they have ever had. All crab and no filler! Everything was delicious!

What I love most about using SVGC as our venue is that it was truly a one-stop shop and made wedding planning so much easier. They have both a ceremony and reception site, they take care of the catering (food and alcohol), they already have the tables, chairs, plates, linens, etc. so you may not have to rent anything, it’s a picture perfect location nestled in the valley with mountains in the background, and not to mention the Fairview House was the perfect place for the bridal party to get ready the day of the wedding. We rented the house for the weekend and my groom and his groomsmen all spent the night there the night before the wedding and then the day of the wedding, they stayed downstairs and me and my bridesmaids stayed upstairs and got dressed. Not to mention that after the wedding, my parents even stayed at the house. It was so convenient!

So if you’re looking for your wedding venue, look no further! It’s everything you could ever want and more!

Photo for Shenandoah Valley Golf Club Review - ceremony location
Photo for Shenandoah Valley Golf Club Review - Reception was in the ballroom with floor to ceiling windows
Photo for Shenandoah Valley Golf Club Review - beautiful location for night portraits
Photo for Shenandoah Valley Golf Club Review - the greens make such a beautiful backdrop
Photo for Shenandoah Valley Golf Club Review - so many great spots for photos
Photo for Shenandoah Valley Golf Club Review - Add a comment...
Photos
Photo for Shenandoah Valley Golf Club Review - perfect send-off spot
Photo for Shenandoah Valley Golf Club Review - the Fairview House was a great spot to get ready
Profile Picture User5398746, Recently Married, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Accommodations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors

Janet at the Shenandoah Valley Golf Club was absolutely the BEST! She worked with us from the start accommodating our every need with our large wedding party (about 230 guests) and our budget. She was constantly in communication with us about what needed to be done and how to get things ready for the big day. Not only was the venue gorgeous, but it still made our large wedding feel small and intimate, fitting everyone perfectly with space left to spare! The dance floor is fabulous if you want to have everyone out there, but it also doesn't look bare if just a small amount of guests are up dancing. We had a photo booth, which was placed in the coatroom (perfect fit!) and there was lots of space for decorations and guestbook etc to be placed throughout the venue. The house on the venue was perfect for both team bride (upstairs) and team groom (downstairs) to get ready in without seeing each other or even really hearing each other. The venue provides lots of spots for great pictures, we were married outside of the house on the property and it was beautiful! The food was also delicious and there are many options to choose from (even an ice cream sundae bar for dessert!). Janet was also there to help us, our bridal party, family, and guests throughout the entire wedding, making sure everything was running smoothly ceremony to reception, and that everyone had what they needed to enjoy the night! The Shenandoah Valley Golf Club and Janet made our day/night the special event that it was and we are grateful to have worked with such excellent people! If you have any other questions or want to hear more please feel free to email us at emjay892017@gmail.com.

Profile Picture Emily, 8/12/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Scenic Views, Accommodations, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Liability Insurance, Parking

Excellent venue! Janet is the best!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Glassware, Linens, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Accommodations, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Catering, Parking, Indoor

The Shenandoah Valley Golf Club helped to make my wedding perfect! The setting is picture perfect! Janet and her team were amazing to work with, they answered every question and helped plan the entire day! The chef is fantastic, which was very important to me, all of my guests were thrilled with their appetizers and meal. The price is unbeatable. I would choose Shenandoah Valley Golf Club all over again!

Profile Picture Alexis, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is GORGEOUS, spacious, and the food was delicious as well!

Profile Picture Angela, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Janet and her team were amazing. She did all the hard work and heavy lifting, leaving me to enjoy my wedding without worrying about a thing. She orchestrated everything so smoothly, and I am so grateful. Her team was amazing, and I am so grateful to all of them! Thank you!!!!!

Profile Picture Frances, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Buffet, Dessert, Outside Cake, Server(s), Scenic Views

Janet and the staff at SVGC were amazing. Everything went according to our timeline, the food was excellent, and the staff was professional and on point the entire evening. Our guests commented that the reception was First Class. Thank you Janet and staff for making our special day the Best Day Ever !!

Profile Picture Debbie, 5/21/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Outside Cake, Chairs, Indoor, Linens, Accommodations, Event Planning

Our beautiful winter wonderland wedding reception was help at SVGC. I cannot express how much gratitude my husband and I have for Janet and her whole team who made our wedding reception seamless. She was so quick to respond to anything I needed during the year between the contract and our event. We had many complicated and unique details, and the whole staff made every single detail possible. I would recommend this vendor to anyone in the Shenandoah Valley for a beautiful wedding in the mountains.

Profile Picture Kristinna, 1/30/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Chairs, Event Planning

Janet was amazing!!!!!! We found her to be knowledgeable, professional, and overall just wonderful to work with. I would recommend her (and already have recommended her) without hesitation.

Profile Picture Andra, 11/22/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Chairs, Outside Cake, Indoor

We were so extremely pleased with Shenandoah! Janet provided the absolute best service and catered to our every need. She always had an answer to our many questions, and was so quick to respond to any email or phone call! The venue itself is STUNNING. We had a beautiful, colorful backdrop for all of our bridal party photos. The venue itself is so classy. The staff is incredible. The inside is so beautiful that we hardly had to bring decorations because they had such beautiful furniture and art that fit perfectly with our reception. People could not stop raving about the incredible food and service. The chef was amazing and made us feel so taken care of during our tasting and on the day of. The dance floor is HUGE and allows for plenty of dancing room. So much so that EVERYONE was on our dance floor by the end of the night! Highly recommend JD from DJ Connections. My husband and I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding location.

Profile Picture User5603503, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Shenandoah Valley Golf Club was the perfect place for our fall wedding! We had our ceremony in front of the Fairview House, which we were able to rent out and use for the bridal party to get ready the day of the wedding. It was great knowing that we also had a back-up plan to move the ceremony indoors (inside the Fairview Ballroom) in case it rained or got too cold.

We had around 100 guests and I loved that the Fairview Ballroom was big enough that people wouldn't feel too cramped our crowded. Many of our guests commented on how good the food was, and loved being able to go out onto the terrace during cocktail hour and take photos with the gorgeous foliage in the background. Janet Maucione, the onsite wedding coordinator at the golf club, was fantastic every time I interacted with her. She answers all of my questions and was fast to respond to all of my e-mails. She helped pull everything together and it all went off without a hitch.

I really can't say enough great things about Janet and the entire staff at SVGC. They really went out of their way to make sure that our wedding day was perfect. I feel like compared to the other venues in the area, SVGC was definitely the best value. I would definitely recommend SVGC to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Profile Picture Lori, 10/25/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Linens

We had our wedding reception here and it was the best decision ever. From the beginning Janet was there for us with answers and helped plan things along the way. She was very patient with me when I was behind getting answers and always kept me calm and stress free. On the day of the reception, we had some last minute add ons that Janet handled with grace and kept everything together. From the food to the location, all my family and friends enjoyed every last minute. The view is amazing and wonderful places for photos.

Profile Picture Liz, 10/24/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Linens, Outside Cake

Our event was not a wedding but an annual gala with dinner and a silent and live auction and social time before dinner. Our free clinic supporters and guests thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The food was excellent, the servers were very professional, the room is beautifully decorated, and the management staff are very well-organized and flexible. SVGC is a first-rate venue. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture User5622934, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We love Shenandoah Valley Golf Club!
*Beautiful well-kept grounds, ceremony space and ballroom with an exquisite view
*Amazing staff - friendly, knowledgeable and helpful coordinators who helped us with every detail; a chef who has a true passion for cooking interesting and delicious meals; a caring wait staff who made sure my husband and I had warm food to eat on our busy night ;)
*A well-oiled machine where all vendors work together as a team to provide a seamless experience (use the list of "Suggested Vendors" and you will not be disappointed)

We looked high and low for a venue that was convenient and reasonably priced and we are SO happy we found SVGC. We are so thankful that SVGC provided us with a fantastic experience that we will remember for the rest of our lives!!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/8/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Janet was so amazing to work with for planning our wedding. She reviewed every detail prior to our wedding and followed through on the day of. She was quick to respond, very professional and had excellent recommendations! I loved how the venue included everything - our wedding ceremony, area for us to get ready in, cocktail hour, reception, food and beverage included at a great price and easy to access for guests. Looking back now, I would do it all over again at Shenandoah Valley Golf Club! They also have a new planner Ashley - who is awesome! She knows her weddings, is highly motivated, and has such unique ideas!

Profile Picture Brittany, 6/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Wireless Internet, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

We used this vendor for our wedding and it was absolutely amazing! The food was great, the view unbeatable, and the staff friendly and helpful. Janet, the event coordinator, helped us with nearly every detail of planning and was receptive to our thoughts and suggestions and was truly a part of making our wedding a spectacular event that we would relive over and over if we could.

Profile Picture Brittina, 5/23/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Excellent location, venue, staff and organization!!!!!!!!! Our Rotary Club uses SVGC for our major events and we could not be happier with the service and product they deliver. I HIGHLY suggest that you use them.

Profile Picture User5631423, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Linens, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Chairs

The staff really takes away a lot of the stress from wedding planning because of their flexibility and professionalism. Janet was a pleasure to work with from the very beginning. Our food tasting was fantastic and we had a hard time narrowing down to 2 choices for our plated dinner. The venue is absolutely stunning. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture User4401315, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Janet and her staff did everything we could have asked for to make our wedding day special. They were flexible and always willing to meet with us to go over details and answer our questions. Janet worked with us to make sure every detail was set for our special day and nothing was missed. The food was delicious and there were so many compliments the day of and after about how beautiful everything was on our special day. We couldn't imagine a more perfect venue to host our wedding.

Profile Picture Cara, 3/28/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our Rotary club has held fundraiser events at SVGC for a number of years. Some of the best people to work with when planning an event. Very customer oriented, professional, and they care about the success of the event which is evident in all interactions.

Profile Picture Nancy, 3/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

First of all, the view at the Shenandoah is unmatched by any venue in the area. All of our guests loved the views from the balcony of the valley on a beautiful fall day. The food was outstanding (so many guests told us the lamb was the best they had EVER tasted) and topped only by the incredible service that Janet (the incredible event manager) and her team offered. They completed all of the setup (no need for a wedding coordinator), and everything was beautiful. The first time we saw all of our details (decor, pictures, etc.) was when we arrived at the reception, and it was perfect.

We live out of state, and they were able to accommodate our busy travel schedules for both the site visit and food tasting. Plus we had some special requests when it came to food and beverage, and Janet went the extra mile to help us find the right wine while Chef Kelly adjusted the entree selections to our needs.

Our wedding was a destination for most of our guests, and they got a great view of the Virginia countryside and a taste of southern hospitality. Spectacular venue.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is beautiful. We had both our wedding ceremony and reception at Shenandoah Valley Golf Club. The outdoor space is stunning for a wedding ceremony, with the historic Fairview House as the backdrop for your special day. The banquet room is spacious and beautiful, with a lovely terrace overlooking the mountains. The room had tons of space for guests to enjoy dinner, as well as a very large area for dancing. (Unlike some places, that put a tiny removable dance floor in a ballroom-- half the room at SVGC is wood floor, perfect for dancing!) Everyone complimented the venue.
Also the FOOD was amazing. Our guests said it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. Some even said it was the best steak they had ever had, period.
Highly recommended!!