Shenandoah Valley Golf Club Reviews

49 | Front Royal, VA

49 Reviews for Shenandoah Valley Golf Club

49 Shenandoah Valley Golf Club Reviews

Julie · Married on 06/30/2018

Wonderful experience, made the whole process easy and stress free!

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/01/2018

We loved everything! Thank you so much for making our special day magical!

Shannon · Married on 05/19/2018

We chose Shenandoah Valley Golf Club because of my husbands love for golf and because him and his father were members there. After meeting with Janet, we were for sure that the venue was perfect for us. They have a great selection of food and beverage packages for the reception and the location they have for a wedding ceremony is amazing! I loved being able to have an outside wedding and not have to walk in grass! Janet and Ashley were very helpful and thorough throughout the entire process. The entire venue is beautiful but not overly priced in my opinion, which makes it perfect for those who may have a smaller budget. Highly recommended!

• Megan

Megan · Married on 04/21/2018

Shenandoah Valley Golf Club was the perfect place for our wedding. The view is outstanding, we got tons of compliments on our food, and there was plenty of room for both dining and dancing. Janet and Ashley are super responsive, very professional, and very friendly. They were very helpful throughout the whole planning process, and helped things run smoothly day of. Bonus if you book the Fairview House so you and the future spouse have a convenient and beautiful place to get ready day of and spent the night at after the wedding. I honestly cannot say enough good things about SVGC and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. I honestly think it’s a steal for the price we paid compared to other venues we looked at.

Kevin · Married on 11/18/2017

Shenandoah Valley was a perfect place for our wedding reception. It is a beautiful setting, but the service is even better! They really know how to do a reception right. Janet was amazing to work with in planning the reception. She takes care of all the details and is very responsive to any questions. They were very accommodating to our requests and everything went very smoothly on the day of the event and everything leading up to it. We highly recommend them for receptions and other events!

• F

Ching · Married on 11/12/2017

This is a georgeous facility for wedding. They have awesome view of golf course for reception area, all our guests enjoy this facility. The staff and services were excellent and manager Janet is so professional, friendly and easy to work with. We are very thankful to have our wedding at this golf club.
    Thanks again!

Fred

Nicole · Married on 11/04/2017

Our wedding was elegant and tasteful. The staff was very flexible, because we had to move it inside last minute.

Desiree · Married on 10/08/2017

This place was AMAZING! The location is beautiful and from the beginning we knew that was the right place to have our special day. The venue is gorgeous and the view is extraordinary. The staff (specially Janet), were perfect and very easy to work with. The food was great and a very good quality. We highly recommend it. Thank you for making our day the best that it could be. Desireé & Pedram

Shenandoah Valley Golf Club 1
    Shenandoah Valley Golf Club 2
    Shenandoah Valley Golf Club 3
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/16/2017

I cannot say enough good things about the staff at SVGC! We got married on 9/16/17 and the wedding was better than anything I could have ever imagined. We booked the venue a year in advance and Janet was extremely helpful in that entire time leading up to our wedding; answering my questions in a timely manner, providing suggestions based off of her experiences with so many other weddings, and she was just so accommodating and friendly. She was an absolute joy to work with! The execution the day of the wedding was flawless! My guests continually rave about how everything went off without a hitch. The staff made sure that we stuck to our timeline and they were all was so professional and friendly. And the food! I still have guests reaching out to me to tell me that the crab cakes were the best they have ever had. All crab and no filler! Everything was delicious!

What I love most about using SVGC as our venue is that it was truly a one-stop shop and made wedding planning so much easier. They have both a ceremony and reception site, they take care of the catering (food and alcohol), they already have the tables, chairs, plates, linens, etc. so you may not have to rent anything, it’s a picture perfect location nestled in the valley with mountains in the background, and not to mention the Fairview House was the perfect place for the bridal party to get ready the day of the wedding. We rented the house for the weekend and my groom and his groomsmen all spent the night there the night before the wedding and then the day of the wedding, they stayed downstairs and me and my bridesmaids stayed upstairs and got dressed. Not to mention that after the wedding, my parents even stayed at the house. It was so convenient!

So if you’re looking for your wedding venue, look no further! It’s everything you could ever want and more!

Shenandoah Valley Golf Club 4
    Shenandoah Valley Golf Club 9
    Shenandoah Valley Golf Club 10
    Shenandoah Valley Golf Club 11

Emily · Married on 08/12/2017

Janet at the Shenandoah Valley Golf Club was absolutely the BEST! She worked with us from the start accommodating our every need with our large wedding party (about 230 guests) and our budget. She was constantly in communication with us about what needed to be done and how to get things ready for the big day. Not only was the venue gorgeous, but it still made our large wedding feel small and intimate, fitting everyone perfectly with space left to spare! The dance floor is fabulous if you want to have everyone out there, but it also doesn't look bare if just a small amount of guests are up dancing. We had a photo booth, which was placed in the coatroom (perfect fit!) and there was lots of space for decorations and guestbook etc to be placed throughout the venue. The house on the venue was perfect for both team bride (upstairs) and team groom (downstairs) to get ready in without seeing each other or even really hearing each other. The venue provides lots of spots for great pictures, we were married outside of the house on the property and it was beautiful! The food was also delicious and there are many options to choose from (even an ice cream sundae bar for dessert!). Janet was also there to help us, our bridal party, family, and guests throughout the entire wedding, making sure everything was running smoothly ceremony to reception, and that everyone had what they needed to enjoy the night! The Shenandoah Valley Golf Club and Janet made our day/night the special event that it was and we are grateful to have worked with such excellent people! If you have any other questions or want to hear more please feel free to email us at emjay892017@gmail.com.

Stephanie · Married on 07/22/2017

Excellent venue! Janet is the best!

Alexis · Married on 06/10/2017

The Shenandoah Valley Golf Club helped to make my wedding perfect! The setting is picture perfect! Janet and her team were amazing to work with, they answered every question and helped plan the entire day! The chef is fantastic, which was very important to me, all of my guests were thrilled with their appetizers and meal. The price is unbeatable. I would choose Shenandoah Valley Golf Club all over again!

Angela · Married on 04/29/2017

This venue is GORGEOUS, spacious, and the food was delicious as well!

• F

Frances · Married on 09/17/2016

Janet and her team were amazing. She did all the hard work and heavy lifting, leaving me to enjoy my wedding without worrying about a thing. She orchestrated everything so smoothly, and I am so grateful. Her team was amazing, and I am so grateful to all of them! Thank you!!!!!

Debbie · Married on 05/21/2016

Janet and the staff at SVGC were amazing. Everything went according to our timeline, the food was excellent, and the staff was professional and on point the entire evening. Our guests commented that the reception was First Class. Thank you Janet and staff for making our special day the Best Day Ever !!

Kristinna · Married on 01/30/2016

Our beautiful winter wonderland wedding reception was help at SVGC. I cannot express how much gratitude my husband and I have for Janet and her whole team who made our wedding reception seamless. She was so quick to respond to anything I needed during the year between the contract and our event. We had many complicated and unique details, and the whole staff made every single detail possible. I would recommend this vendor to anyone in the Shenandoah Valley for a beautiful wedding in the mountains.

Andra · Married on 11/22/2015

Janet was amazing!!!!!! We found her to be knowledgeable, professional, and overall just wonderful to work with. I would recommend her (and already have recommended her) without hesitation.

We were so extremely pleased with Shenandoah! Janet provided the absolute best service and catered to our every need. She always had an answer to our many questions, and was so quick to respond to any email or phone call! The venue itself is STUNNING. We had a beautiful, colorful backdrop for all of our bridal party photos. The venue itself is so classy. The staff is incredible. The inside is so beautiful that we hardly had to bring decorations because they had such beautiful furniture and art that fit perfectly with our reception. People could not stop raving about the incredible food and service. The chef was amazing and made us feel so taken care of during our tasting and on the day of. The dance floor is HUGE and allows for plenty of dancing room. So much so that EVERYONE was on our dance floor by the end of the night! Highly recommend JD from DJ Connections. My husband and I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding location.

Lori · Married on 10/25/2015

Shenandoah Valley Golf Club was the perfect place for our fall wedding! We had our ceremony in front of the Fairview House, which we were able to rent out and use for the bridal party to get ready the day of the wedding. It was great knowing that we also had a back-up plan to move the ceremony indoors (inside the Fairview Ballroom) in case it rained or got too cold.

We had around 100 guests and I loved that the Fairview Ballroom was big enough that people wouldn't feel too cramped our crowded. Many of our guests commented on how good the food was, and loved being able to go out onto the terrace during cocktail hour and take photos with the gorgeous foliage in the background. Janet Maucione, the onsite wedding coordinator at the golf club, was fantastic every time I interacted with her. She answers all of my questions and was fast to respond to all of my e-mails. She helped pull everything together and it all went off without a hitch.

I really can't say enough great things about Janet and the entire staff at SVGC. They really went out of their way to make sure that our wedding day was perfect. I feel like compared to the other venues in the area, SVGC was definitely the best value. I would definitely recommend SVGC to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Liz · Married on 10/24/2015

We had our wedding reception here and it was the best decision ever. From the beginning Janet was there for us with answers and helped plan things along the way. She was very patient with me when I was behind getting answers and always kept me calm and stress free. On the day of the reception, we had some last minute add ons that Janet handled with grace and kept everything together. From the food to the location, all my family and friends enjoyed every last minute. The view is amazing and wonderful places for photos.

Our event was not a wedding but an annual gala with dinner and a silent and live auction and social time before dinner. Our free clinic supporters and guests thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The food was excellent, the servers were very professional, the room is beautifully decorated, and the management staff are very well-organized and flexible. SVGC is a first-rate venue. I highly recommend them.

Laura · Married on 08/08/2015

We love Shenandoah Valley Golf Club!
    *Beautiful well-kept grounds, ceremony space and ballroom with an exquisite view
    *Amazing staff - friendly, knowledgeable and helpful coordinators who helped us with every detail; a chef who has a true passion for cooking interesting and delicious meals; a caring wait staff who made sure my husband and I had warm food to eat on our busy night ;)
    *A well-oiled machine where all vendors work together as a team to provide a seamless experience (use the list of "Suggested Vendors" and you will not be disappointed)

We looked high and low for a venue that was convenient and reasonably priced and we are SO happy we found SVGC. We are so thankful that SVGC provided us with a fantastic experience that we will remember for the rest of our lives!!

Brittany · Married on 06/06/2015

Janet was so amazing to work with for planning our wedding. She reviewed every detail prior to our wedding and followed through on the day of. She was quick to respond, very professional and had excellent recommendations! I loved how the venue included everything - our wedding ceremony, area for us to get ready in, cocktail hour, reception, food and beverage included at a great price and easy to access for guests. Looking back now, I would do it all over again at Shenandoah Valley Golf Club! They also have a new planner Ashley - who is awesome! She knows her weddings, is highly motivated, and has such unique ideas!

Brittina · Married on 05/23/2015

We used this vendor for our wedding and it was absolutely amazing! The food was great, the view unbeatable, and the staff friendly and helpful. Janet, the event coordinator, helped us with nearly every detail of planning and was receptive to our thoughts and suggestions and was truly a part of making our wedding a spectacular event that we would relive over and over if we could.

Excellent location, venue, staff and organization!!!!!!!!! Our Rotary Club uses SVGC for our major events and we could not be happier with the service and product they deliver. I HIGHLY suggest that you use them.