Shenandoah Valley Golf Club Reviews

59 | Front Royal, VA

59 Reviews for Shenandoah Valley Golf Club

Megan · Married on 12/08/2019

All I could have asked for!

My experience with Janet and her team was such a wonderful one! I had a vision for my wedding and they saw to it that it was done. The day of my wedding went without any hiccups. The food was great as well!! All of my guests commented on how nice they were and what a good time they had! I'm so grateful!!

Sent on 01/09/2020

Mary Anne H Martin · Married on 11/09/2019

Stress-free

I was looking for a venue that would be beautiful and stress-free. SVGC was the perfect location. Janet and her staff are experienced without being pushy, and the facilities are absolutely perfect for a wedding. The dance floor is a permanent part of the architecture, the seating is far enough removed from the dancing that guests can still have conversations, the coat closet was the perfect spot for the photo booth and the restrooms are well-maintained. This venue has plenty of space for everything. I have nothing but positive feelings about our daughter's wedding and would book this venue in the future.

Sent on 11/19/2019

Rosanna Portell · Married on 11/05/2019

The most amazing day!!

We were totally impressed with the attention and professionalism that was shown to us by the staff at Shenandoah. From the beginning planning stages, food tasting (which was phenomenal) to the final day, the staff was willing to work with us and accommodate us. Specific praises to Janet Maucione, who was the calm in our storm. She kept us on track and made sure that all our questions and needs where taken care of. Her words to me, as the mother of the bride were "breath". She went out of her way to make our day super special and we will be forever grateful.

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Cody

Cody Wilder · Married on 11/02/2019

Could Not Be Happier!

We cannot say enough nice things about Janet, Chef Dan and the rest of the team at SVGC. They made everything so easy! Janet is such a considerate person, even with our last-minute scrambling, she was always responsive and helped us think through every aspect of our day.

Plus, THE FOOD! Oh man. So many people told us how much they loved the food. Definitely try the mac n cheese during your tasting! Once you do you will not be able to resist - and your guests will love you for it :)

The view out the back is beautiful, there are ample facilities for your wedding party to prepare, and restrooms for your guests to use at the reception. We live in the DC area, so SVGC was a little out of the way for us, but we are so happy we chose this venue for our wedding. So many of our married friends come away with minor quibbles about things they wish had gone different - but Janet and the team were so on top of things, we cannot imagine being any happier. Thanks again!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Jackie

Jackie Kane · Married on 11/01/2019

Amazing Venue & Staff

We loved every second of our wedding, and that was largely due to the staff and service at Shenandoah Valley. Janet and Rhonda were so amazing to work with, and were so responsive throughout the entire planning process. We even changed up their usual floor plan to bring in a second stage and dance floor, and they were so flexible and accommodating to our vision. We had our ceremony outdoors, which was such a beautiful location, and it was so convenient having the Fairview House for all of us to get ready in (ladies upstairs, men downstairs!). Food was delicious, staff were kind and professional, and Janet worked so wonderfully with all of our other vendors. If we could do it all over again, we would choose Shenandoah Valley every single time.

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Hollie

Hollie · Married on 08/17/2019

Incredible space, attentive staff, amazing food!

Everything from beginning to end was so easy and simple with SVGC. Janet readily answered all of my questions, and offered suggestions when I needed them. The day of the event was flawless! The staff was so attentive and helpful. My guests to this day are still raving about how delicious the food was and how beautiful the space was! SVGC made my wedding easy, elegant, and stress-free!

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Autumn

Autumn · Married on 08/10/2019

All Around Amazing

We got married on Aug 10, 2019 at Shenandoah Valley Golf Club and CANNOT say enough amazing things about their venue. Beginning to end everything went flawlessly. Janet is AMAZING, to say the least. She is so great about responding in a timely manner to literally ANY question you may have! She is so on top of everything from start to finish. The venue is beautiful and the facilities are amazing! Everyone loved the food; including my husband and me! We did the fun food stations because we are not super fancy people and just wanted to give our guests what ANY person would like! They were so professional and made sure the wedding was exactly what we wanted! I couldn't have asked for a better venue. From the moment I walked onto the property I knew it was the venue for me! It's actually kind of sad that the day is over because I would do it all over again, and choose SVGC every time.

Sent on 09/05/2019

Aimee · Married on 11/17/2018

Perfect setting and awesome coordinator

This was the second wedding reception that my family hosted at the Shenandoah Valley Golf Club. We were so impressed with the professionalism and expertise of Janet, that we felt confident through the entire planning process. We met with her in the summer, scheduled a tasting a few weeks later, and kept communication over the next several months as questions came up. She was always responsive and offered honest suggestions. The panoramic view of the Blue Ridge mountains was wonderful for guests and the space inside allowed for enough room to eat, circulate, and dance. And to have a cookie table! They were very flexible with our suggestions including running the fireplace on the cold November day and working with us to provide a signature cocktail. Janet and her staff went out of their way to make sure that our reception was everything we wanted it to be for our guests and for us.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Kristin · Married on 10/26/2018

Happy to Accomodating

Richard and Janet were wonderful in helping us arrange a perfect wedding! When the day came and it was raining and very cold (was supposed to be outside), Janet called me the morning of the wedding and said they would set us up inside. Everything went smoothly! They are fabulous and have a wonderful staff!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Julie · Married on 06/30/2018

Wonderful experience, made the whole process easy and stress free!

Sent on 07/16/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/01/2018

We loved everything! Thank you so much for making our special day magical!

Sent on 06/09/2018

Shannon · Married on 05/19/2018

We chose Shenandoah Valley Golf Club because of my husbands love for golf and because him and his father were members there. After meeting with Janet, we were for sure that the venue was perfect for us. They have a great selection of food and beverage packages for the reception and the location they have for a wedding ceremony is amazing! I loved being able to have an outside wedding and not have to walk in grass! Janet and Ashley were very helpful and thorough throughout the entire process. The entire venue is beautiful but not overly priced in my opinion, which makes it perfect for those who may have a smaller budget. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/25/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 04/21/2018

Shenandoah Valley Golf Club was the perfect place for our wedding. The view is outstanding, we got tons of compliments on our food, and there was plenty of room for both dining and dancing. Janet and Ashley are super responsive, very professional, and very friendly. They were very helpful throughout the whole planning process, and helped things run smoothly day of. Bonus if you book the Fairview House so you and the future spouse have a convenient and beautiful place to get ready day of and spent the night at after the wedding. I honestly cannot say enough good things about SVGC and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. I honestly think it’s a steal for the price we paid compared to other venues we looked at.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Kevin · Married on 11/18/2017

Shenandoah Valley was a perfect place for our wedding reception. It is a beautiful setting, but the service is even better! They really know how to do a reception right. Janet was amazing to work with in planning the reception. She takes care of all the details and is very responsive to any questions. They were very accommodating to our requests and everything went very smoothly on the day of the event and everything leading up to it. We highly recommend them for receptions and other events!

Sent on 12/09/2017
  • F

Ching · Married on 11/12/2017

This is a georgeous facility for wedding. They have awesome view of golf course for reception area, all our guests enjoy this facility. The staff and services were excellent and manager Janet is so professional, friendly and easy to work with. We are very thankful to have our wedding at this golf club.
    Thanks again!

Fred

Sent on 11/21/2017

Nicole · Married on 11/04/2017

Our wedding was elegant and tasteful. The staff was very flexible, because we had to move it inside last minute.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Desiree · Married on 10/08/2017

This place was AMAZING! The location is beautiful and from the beginning we knew that was the right place to have our special day. The venue is gorgeous and the view is extraordinary. The staff (specially Janet), were perfect and very easy to work with. The food was great and a very good quality. We highly recommend it. Thank you for making our day the best that it could be. Desireé & Pedram

Sent on 05/13/2018
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/16/2017

I cannot say enough good things about the staff at SVGC! We got married on 9/16/17 and the wedding was better than anything I could have ever imagined. We booked the venue a year in advance and Janet was extremely helpful in that entire time leading up to our wedding; answering my questions in a timely manner, providing suggestions based off of her experiences with so many other weddings, and she was just so accommodating and friendly. She was an absolute joy to work with! The execution the day of the wedding was flawless! My guests continually rave about how everything went off without a hitch. The staff made sure that we stuck to our timeline and they were all was so professional and friendly. And the food! I still have guests reaching out to me to tell me that the crab cakes were the best they have ever had. All crab and no filler! Everything was delicious!

What I love most about using SVGC as our venue is that it was truly a one-stop shop and made wedding planning so much easier. They have both a ceremony and reception site, they take care of the catering (food and alcohol), they already have the tables, chairs, plates, linens, etc. so you may not have to rent anything, it’s a picture perfect location nestled in the valley with mountains in the background, and not to mention the Fairview House was the perfect place for the bridal party to get ready the day of the wedding. We rented the house for the weekend and my groom and his groomsmen all spent the night there the night before the wedding and then the day of the wedding, they stayed downstairs and me and my bridesmaids stayed upstairs and got dressed. Not to mention that after the wedding, my parents even stayed at the house. It was so convenient!

So if you’re looking for your wedding venue, look no further! It’s everything you could ever want and more!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Emily · Married on 08/12/2017

Janet at the Shenandoah Valley Golf Club was absolutely the BEST! She worked with us from the start accommodating our every need with our large wedding party (about 230 guests) and our budget. She was constantly in communication with us about what needed to be done and how to get things ready for the big day. Not only was the venue gorgeous, but it still made our large wedding feel small and intimate, fitting everyone perfectly with space left to spare! The dance floor is fabulous if you want to have everyone out there, but it also doesn't look bare if just a small amount of guests are up dancing. We had a photo booth, which was placed in the coatroom (perfect fit!) and there was lots of space for decorations and guestbook etc to be placed throughout the venue. The house on the venue was perfect for both team bride (upstairs) and team groom (downstairs) to get ready in without seeing each other or even really hearing each other. The venue provides lots of spots for great pictures, we were married outside of the house on the property and it was beautiful! The food was also delicious and there are many options to choose from (even an ice cream sundae bar for dessert!). Janet was also there to help us, our bridal party, family, and guests throughout the entire wedding, making sure everything was running smoothly ceremony to reception, and that everyone had what they needed to enjoy the night! The Shenandoah Valley Golf Club and Janet made our day/night the special event that it was and we are grateful to have worked with such excellent people! If you have any other questions or want to hear more please feel free to email us at emjay892017@gmail.com.

Sent on 08/19/2017

Stephanie · Married on 07/22/2017

Excellent venue! Janet is the best!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Alexis · Married on 06/10/2017

The Shenandoah Valley Golf Club helped to make my wedding perfect! The setting is picture perfect! Janet and her team were amazing to work with, they answered every question and helped plan the entire day! The chef is fantastic, which was very important to me, all of my guests were thrilled with their appetizers and meal. The price is unbeatable. I would choose Shenandoah Valley Golf Club all over again!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Angela · Married on 04/29/2017

This venue is GORGEOUS, spacious, and the food was delicious as well!

Sent on 10/24/2017
  • F

Frances · Married on 09/17/2016

Janet and her team were amazing. She did all the hard work and heavy lifting, leaving me to enjoy my wedding without worrying about a thing. She orchestrated everything so smoothly, and I am so grateful. Her team was amazing, and I am so grateful to all of them! Thank you!!!!!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Debbie · Married on 05/21/2016

Janet and the staff at SVGC were amazing. Everything went according to our timeline, the food was excellent, and the staff was professional and on point the entire evening. Our guests commented that the reception was First Class. Thank you Janet and staff for making our special day the Best Day Ever !!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Kristinna · Married on 01/30/2016

Our beautiful winter wonderland wedding reception was help at SVGC. I cannot express how much gratitude my husband and I have for Janet and her whole team who made our wedding reception seamless. She was so quick to respond to anything I needed during the year between the contract and our event. We had many complicated and unique details, and the whole staff made every single detail possible. I would recommend this vendor to anyone in the Shenandoah Valley for a beautiful wedding in the mountains.

Sent on 02/11/2016