Shenandoah Mill Reviews

Shenandoah Mill 4
  • Alessandra

Alessandra · Married on 11/03/2018

Perfect venue for our Brunch Wedding

Patrick and his family at Shenandoah Mill made our dream of having a brunch wedding there a dream. We wanted something non-traditional and they took the idea and ran with it. The provided great service and the location was exactly what we were envisioning. We booked almost 2 years in advance and it was worth the wait. Patrick was our DJ as well and he did an incredible job. Thank you for making our dream wedding a reality.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/20/2017

Beautiful venue! Country charm, yet elegant. Everything was perfect. Vendors are welcome and comfortable working at this venue. Owners are down to earth and organized having everything ready as needed for the big day. Reasonably priced and helpful.

Sent on 05/28/2017

DeAnna · Married on 04/29/2016

Getting married here in 3 months! Can't wait! Patrick has been great helping is plan everything and get ready!

Sent on 01/28/2016

Violet R. · Married on 09/12/2015

Our wedding was AMAZING at Shenandoah Mill, my husband made a perfect choice! The venue alone speaks for itself, the whole rustic, backyard, vintage feel is absolutely gorgeous! I was in awe when I first saw this place and couldn't stop thinking about it. The budget we had worked perfectly and we were able to bring in our own vendors to help with the cost as well. We were very pleased with working with everyone at Shenandoah Mill, Patrick was our main contact person and although his personality was more direct and fast paced...I didn't mind that at all. I thought he was awesome, he responded to questions we had efficiently and when our catering vendor (A Savory Affair) "Chef Tim" lacked his professionalism and backed out without notice a month before our wedding...Patrick saved the day and gave us another catering vendor that did an impeccable job! So I really don't have any complaints about him or the rest of the staff/owners, they were wonderful to work with. As far as setting up and prepping the venue for our wedding day, it was PERFECT! We were one HAPPY couple & that loved every detail and would not have changed anything. Thank you Shenandoah Mill for everything! :)

Sent on 10/29/2015

Mackenzie · Married on 06/20/2015

Awesome discount price for my summer venue and the owners were wondeful! Very friendly and helpful!

Sent on 10/04/2014

jess · Married on 06/06/2015

We renewed our vows at Shenandoah Mill in June and I am so happy that we chose this venue!! Working with Patrick was great, he was so easy going. The grounds are Beautiful as is inside the venue. My family could not stop raving about Shenandoah Mill!! It is a Beautiful place with friendly owners, I would definitely use them for other events and rexxomend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/15/2015
  • I

iliana · Married on 04/25/2015

AMAZING, PERFECT, DREAM COME TREUE, WONDERFUL...Just a few words to describe this venue. We just got married here and it was the best night of our lives. Patrick, his family and staff made it possible. Ceremony and reception was absolutely gorgeous. THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Britany · Married on 02/28/2015

We had the best wedding day ever. The venue and everything was perfect

Sent on 03/18/2015

Shenandoah Mill was such a blessing to find! Our wedding was perfect and everyone was great to work with! Patrick did an amazing job as our DJ and definitely kept the party moving. We had so many compliments on how beautiful everything was! Thank you!

Sent on 08/02/2014

Devon · Married on 01/25/2014

The mill was outstanding. It made our large wedding feel very intimate. It is a beautiful place for a rustic style.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Beebe · Married on 11/15/2013

Wow! This place was the complete package, no joke! The place itself had a historical feel to it, words cant even describe... it really made my day special! Even my in-laws were impressed and thats not easy to do! I especially loved working with Patrick, he was very insightful, and patient with all my demands, lol! It wouldn't have worked without him. Not to mention how awesome the photographer, Micah was! I believe that she is Patrick's sister! Her service was offered with the package, and she was fantastic as well, my pictures turned out flawless! They even had this cool thing called a photobooth? I had no idea things like that existed, lol... they had everything!! They just made my day so spectacular, I recommend this place over any place else!! Thanks again, Patrick, Micah, you guys are thee absolute best!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Barbara · Married on 11/10/2013

This was the BEST decision I've ever made, well as far as Wedding venues is concerned, haha! The cleanliness, the feel, the style, all of it was top of the line. The owner, Patrick Riedlinger was so pleasant and interested in knowing what I wanted, and how I wanted my wedding day to play out, I wouldn't change a thing! This truly is the best place for the ambiance and overall quality, and you can't beat the price for what you get! Thanks, Patrick, Shenandoah Mill, I'll be sendin' all my girls your way!!

Sent on 11/20/2013

Destini · Married on 10/19/2013

This place was perfect. We had a morning wedding and the light in the mill made for gorgeous clear photos. The staff is great, the owners are wonderful. I really cannot say enough to justify how happy I am I chose The Mill as our venue.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2013

beautiful venue! great price. This was what I imaged our wedding would be like. Thank you patrick!

Sent on 09/28/2013

Amanda · Married on 05/04/2012

The owners were so helpful and easy to work with. They available at all times for any of my questions or concerns. They are one of the reasons my daughter was able to have a beautiful wedding at a very affordable price. All my quests kept telling me how they loved they venue and how beautiful it was. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Sent on 05/06/2012

Christy · Married on 04/05/2012

Let me start by saying that this venue is amazing, and so very authentic. It's got a beautiful water wheel with very unique mill stones. But wait till you see the landscaping, and the total transformation of the beautiful lighting on the walkways. The Shenandoah Mill staff was great and family oriented. I can't forget that they were by far the most reasonable venue we had looked at. Thanks Shenandoah Mill for making our night one to remember!
    Nick and Christy

Sent on 04/20/2012

Christina · Married on 11/22/2011

The Mill was a beautiful place to have our weekday wedding. Staff was very flexible and made us very happy. Very clean and well maintained venue and prices are reasonable.

Sent on 12/25/2011
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 11/12/2011

Originally, we were going to have our reception in our back yard, but due to weather, had to make a last minute change. These guys bent over backwards and didn't even over charge us like they easily could have. This place has the whole package = less stress for you!

Sent on 12/06/2011

Amy · Married on 03/04/2011

We wanted a small and elegant wedding that reflected our individuality. Patrick and the team at Shenandoah Mill went above and beyond to make our wedding just that. The venue itself is beautiful and so well maintained. The setting can be reconfigured to suit any theme from county to chic. The facilities make for excellent photographs that preserve your memories of your special day. We selected one of the "packages" that ShenandoahMill offers and then were able to upgrade it to fit exactly what we dreamed of. On the day of the wedding staff at Shenandoah Mill did everything possible to ensure that our day was perfect. Music, flowers, food and hosting the event were absolutely spot on with our wishes. I have rcommended this venue to many people looking for a place that is "special". THe folks a Shenandoah Mill really care!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Cori · Married on 06/12/2010

First off, I would like to say how much we appreciate all the help that Patrick gave to us planning our wedding. My husband and I have very different schedules and he was willing to meet with us at odd hours to go over our setup. The venue is beautiful and clean. The whole staff makes you feel special and sets everything up just like you dream. We loved the natural setting inside and out and didn't need much decoration. We would recommend this venue to anyone that doesn't need room for over 100 guests. Very intimate inside and you still have the patio and the grounds to move about. I can't stress enough how smoothly everything went and for a bride, a stress FREE day is a blessing! Thank you again. Words are not enough!

Sent on 07/05/2010

Tasha · Married on 03/17/2009

I guess Patrick has come along way since the other reviews because I had none of these issues. We had come to look at the venue on more than one occasion, we were offered the extras, although had all our own. Not many places allow you to bring all your own vendors. They set up beautifully (with tables, chairs, outdoor chairs, all included) and cleaned up afterward. They had a woman (sorry I forgot your name) there during the whole event if you needed anything extra, or help with things (like she helped our photographer). The facility is beautiful. The girls dressing area is PERFECT, with 3 way mirror, bathroom, makeup dressing table, hangers to hang dresses, etc. The kitchen is functionable. the tables are set up nicely, with seperate tables for buffet, cake, wedding party and gifts. The porches for people to enjoy the beautiful weather are great, and the outdoor area for the wedding is perfect setting in the back so afternoon weddings are not directly in the sun. The parking is LARGE! and they have room on the side to park cars to load items such as the bar or food. All in all this is a perfectly priced venue and a perfect place to have a wedding. We as well got a great deal on price as our event was during the week.

Sent on 03/19/2009

Kirstie · Married on 03/31/2016

Our wedding at Shenandoah Mill was Amazing!!! There are some mixed reviews on here and I caught myself wondering months before the wedding if this venue would be a good fit for us and it turns out it absolutely was! The building itself is stunning and comfortably accommodates 100+ people with plenty of space indoors and out. The rustic atmosphere and history of the building make for a beautiful ceremony and reception.
    Regarding the management, Patrick helped us make our day as awesome as it was. Some of the reviews reflect negatively on him, but it all comes down to the approach. Patrick can come across as blunt and doesn’t sugar coat anything, but he is very laid back and gave us many great ideas that we incorporated into the wedding. You can tell that he knows exactly what he's doing and what will flow great on your wedding day. He will help you and make sure that you have what you need, however don’t go into the planning process expecting a hand-holding wedding planner. My husband and I are pretty easy going and Patrick’s method to planning worked perfect for us. We had a lot of freedom over the whole experience and were able to create a very unique and fun wedding with his help. I would recommend you keep record of your payments as I did get asked when I would be making a payment when I already had - however once I showed proof of the transaction (which you should keep regardless) everything was fine. I would HIGHLY recommend you use Patrick as your DJ, even though they allow you to choose your own vendors. He was so great with our guests, keeping them entertained and making sure everything was running on time. He incorporates the wedding couple and guests with different games and interactions, plus he knows how to create great energy on the dance floor! I’ve had so many compliments from friends and family saying that it was one of if not the most fun they’ve ever had at a wedding. Thank you Patrick!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Shenandoah Mill was absolutely beautiful and perfect for my day! They were flexible and professional! I will say the one thing I didn't like is that they had extras* such as the fun rustic centerpieces that they know you want but those are an extra charge, they're not included in your $4,900 you paid to use the venue...I did not like that at all. And they will only set up the inside OR outside even though your paying $5k they can't put a few table cloths on the tables for you inside too...I wasn't happy about that either. Everything else besides the little things was great!

Sent on 11/25/2014

Katy · Married on 01/11/2014

We had a BEAUTIFUL wedding at Shenandoah Mill. The wedding itself actually could not have gone better. It was perfect in every aspect! All the details we discussed with Patrick came together just the way we had imagined. Patrick definitely has a different communication style, but I don't think it's a bad thing. He is very laid back and sometimes it can feel like he is not taking your comments/plans seriously. But I can guarantee you he does. He is fast to respond to emails and will answer any questions you have. He is also an EXCELLENT DJ! Very, very good at keeping the crowd energized and on the dance floor. All our wedding guests are still talking about how fun and absolutely beautiful our wedding was. Thank you SO much Patrick and family for helping make our wedding day the best day of our lives!

Sent on 02/03/2014

Taryn · Married on 11/20/2013

Shenandoah Mill was the perfect place for my lower budget wedding. It had a beautiful outdoor area for the ceremony and a picture-perfect rustic interior for the reception. I used their DJ service as well and it came together beautifully! The wedding looked like a million bucks, but was within my price-range. Glad I chose this venue. :-)

Sent on 01/30/2014