Shenandoah Lodge Reviews

• Michelle

Michelle Berberet · Getting married on 01/04/2021

Fantastic! Amazing! Thoughtful!

Lovely, comfortable venue.

Great service. So flexible. Even though the sky was threatening, they set up for the ceremony outside. Ten minutes before the ceremony was to start, the skies opened up. Courtney and her staff, set up the inside site and the ceremony started on time. Amazing.

Sent on 04/25/2019

Michelle-
    Thank you so much for allowing Shenandoah Club to help host your event. We wish you the best moving forward-
  • Lauren

Lauren Fudge · Married on 10/17/2019

Perfect in every way

We spent months, many months, as I’m sure you are now, searching for the perfect venue for our wedding. I had so many lists, questions, and was overwhelmed with options and feeling like we would never find the place, then I emailed Courtney at the Shenandoah lodge. My wedding planning life changed forever! The venue is stunning, the food is absolutely incredible, and Courtney took care of everything! When we first talked I was sold, then I met her and the staff at lake Frederick weddings. Honest, reliable, so flexible and truly above and beyond service. Our rehearsal dinner was flawless, and our wedding day was perfect. Courtney is so organized, on top of things and experienced, our wedding planning was easy and just enjoyable all around. She doubled as my wedding planner, day of coordinator, maid of honor, and most importantly was my eyes and ears for everything to ensure our wedding vision was not only met, but exceeded beyond imagination. Our guests commented non stop the day of and since on how beautiful the venue was, how amazing the food was, and how helpful and attentive the staff was. If I could I would rate them 100 stars. Did I mention they were affordable and worked with our budget? Hands down the best vendor I’ve ever worked with.

Sent on 10/26/2019

Shenandoah Lodge's reply:

Thank you kindly for your review. It was an amazing day, and we were delighted to help you. Take care!

Julie Yorkshire · Married on 09/14/2019

Five Stars!

This is a dream wedding venue! We got married in September and worked with Courtney, the on-site events manager, to come up with the best setup and details to make our day perfect. Our ceremony was outdoors, lakeside, which served as the most beautiful backdrop. Courtney worked alongside my planner and there were no issues whatsoever. I would highly recommend Shenandoah Lodge for a wedding. The staff is very professional and the facilities are brand new and state of the art. We knew right away that we wanted the venue and have absolutely no regrets choosing it!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Hi, Julie!
    It was a great day, and we were so very happy to help you.
    Wish you many blessings-

Lyda Zalucky · Married on 08/24/2019

Beautiful Venue

If I could give the Lodge 10 stars I would – the venue was absolutely phenomenal! From the beautiful lakeside lawn where we had our ceremony, to the garden terrace where we had cocktail hour & s’mores to the elegant & rustic reception area, our day felt like a fairy tale. The food was delicious – we did 3 food stations for dinner: Farm Market, The Southern & Whole Boucherie and people raved about it the entire evening. Courtney Baker – Catering & Events Manager at the Lodge was instrumental in making our wedding day a complete success. From the first time we toured the venue to the day of the wedding, Courtney went above and beyond to make our dreams a reality. She was fun and enthusiastic to work with, offered great advice throughout the planning process and was extremely organized and detail-oriented. The Lodge and all its staff are amazing – I can't recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Hi, Lyda!
    I hope you and Jack are well. Thanks so much for your kind review. You guys were amazing!
    Best,

Carole A · Married on 08/10/2019

Perfect and Amazing!

We just had our wedding at the Shenandoah Lodge and Athletic Club. It was absolutely AMAZING!!!! All the guests said so and they were fascinated by the beauty of the venue. The lake side is gorgeous. The garden side is also beautiful for photos while the reception area is elegant and rustic. As for the food, it is delicious and excellent. The key factor to the success of our wedding is the events manager Courtney Baker. She answered a lot of emails with patience, enthusiasm and good knowledge. She is very organized and nice. I worked with her for around 8 months and we met multiple times. She helped me so much in the planning process by giving the right advice and correct information about the venue. She is also quick at responding. On the wedding day, she coordinated the ceremony and reception successfully, helped me to stay calm and the wedding turned out fun, organized and a real success. She is someone you can count on 100%!!! Although I am very picky, I am completely satisfied about everything. I can’t thank Courtney enough! Everything was 5 stars !!! Totally recommend the venue❤️. You will be very happy there ☺️

Sent on 08/15/2019

Hi there-
    We are so glad you selected us to help you host your event. We wish you a lifetime of blessings!
    Take care,
  • Brent

Brent Roland · Married on 06/15/2019

wonderful place for any event

5 star in every way, awesome staff and food, a pleasure to work with from beginning to end

Sent on 06/28/2019

Shenandoah Lodge's reply:

Thank you for your review. We are delighted we were able to execute your event in a satisfactory manner.
    Happy Holidays!

Bebe Parkes · Married on 06/15/2019

Perfect Wedding Reception Venue

We had our reception here a few weeks ago and it was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!! The venue has the perfect set up to enjoy indoor and outdoor space. Everyone who works here is wonderful to work with and they had everything set up EXACTLY like we wanted it! There wasn't a single thing about the experience or venue that could have been any better!! The pictures taken at the venue turned out gorgeous - the inside and outside space photograph beautifully!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Hi there-
    I agree! The venue does photograph so well! Thanks for the kind words. Wishing you the best.
    Best,
  • Crystal

Crystal Henline · Married on 05/11/2019

May wedding

Amazing views for a wedding both inside and out. My guests have continually raved about how beautiful the venue was. The food was amazing! During all the planning efforts, responses from them was quick and easy. A remarkable stunning places to have ceremony and reception. I highly recommend

Sent on 05/21/2019

Shenandoah Lodge's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Crystal! Working with you was fantastic. We wish you guys many, many years of happiness. Let us know if you're ever back for an anniversary dinner!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 03/30/2019

Wedding Venue

To start, the venue alone is spectacular. I couldn’t imagine a more beautiful location to have my ceremony and reception! It’s a one-stop shop for weddings. They basically have and do anything/everything you need. Shenandoah Lodge staff were a pleasure to work with. They were accommodating and flexible. They did a great job for our wedding and we couldn’t be more grateful. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • Tia

Tia Tanksley · Married on 03/23/2019

Best Choice We Could Have Made!

I have to say. I am a stickler for reviews. I always assess to see which ones are being really honest and genuine with their experience. So please take my word when I say that choosing the Shenandoah Lodge and Athletic Club for our wedding venue was the best decision we could have made, next to deciding to get married. We originally made eight appointments to see venues between Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Washington D.C. Never once did we think about Virginia. We found the venue randomly through various Google searches. When we came to visit and saw the gorgeous back yard lake, modern "mountainous" lodge, with a HUGE fireplace right in the lobby, I pretty much knew then that this was the place for us, but of course, we still had to work out the logistics i.e. the price. I had a dream of a winter brunch wedding for a price point of no more than 10k for a hundred people. Many in the wedding industry would certainly say I was dreaming. Then Courtney (our Day of Coordinator) sat down with us to explain prices and availability. When she finally told us we were able to do everything we wanted, within the time frame we wanted, for the price we wanted...I was done and totally ready to sign the dotted line. Courtney was fantastic every step of the way. She made things happen I didn't even think of and jumped through hoops to make our requests a reality. As I mentioned before we had a brunch buffet wedding and a cocktail hour before the reception (with signature mimosas :). The food at the restaurant is really good, especially after the tasting I was convived everything was going to be delicious, but I wasn't sure how it was going to work with that many people. NEVER for a second did a single person go hungry. The staff was ready, professional and constantly brought food. I just know those chef's were sweating away in the kitchen. The for the buffet, more than enough was an understatement. Our entire experience from beginning to end was incredible. The most important part is that we were treated like we mattered and were special and not like another wedding commodity. Courtney played a huge role in making that happen. If I could do it all again, I literally would because it was like a perfect dream.

Sent on 04/09/2019

Stephanie · Married on 09/01/2018

After touring numerous venues in the northern VA area, we knew Shenandoah Lodge & Athletic Club was the one for us. It was actually the 1st venue we looked at & it blew us out of the water. Courtney & Deanne took their time answering all of our questions & gave us an amazing tour. While touring the other venues, we noticed that we were comparing everything to Shenandoah lodge. The venue and scenery is gorgeous and we couldn’t have been happier with our decision. All of our guests couldn’t get over how beautiful the venue was & how delicious the food was. Another reason that we picked this venue was because they provided everything (food, alcohol, some of the décor that we were interested in using, etc) and had the staff to make sure everything ran smoothly the day of. It definitely made planning a lot easier and the day of less stressful. The staff was extremely professional and made sure that we had everything we needed the day of. The only minor hiccup that we experienced was that the venue’s event coordinator had left in the middle of our reception. We had a question about something in the middle of our reception and didn’t know who to ask until one of the staff members told us that they had left for the night (we wish we had gotten a heads up). However, the remaining staff members addressed our concern. Overall, we HIGHLY recommend Shenandoah Lodge & Athletic Club for any event- they are so accommodating and you won’t regret the beauty of this place!

Sent on 10/11/2018