Shelly Sarver Designs Reviews

Shelly Sarver Designs 5
Shelly Sarver Designs 6
Shelly Sarver Designs 7

Abby · Married on 11/18/2017

Shelly is unbelievably creative, thoughtful, and talented! She was a dream to work with and helped make our wedding day unforgettable and gorgeous. We had ideas about the floral aesthetic we wanted but Shelly took it to the next level! And she did it within our budget. Without hesitation, I would highly recommend Shelly!

Sent on 01/03/2018
    Shelly Sarver Designs 8

Sarah · Married on 11/04/2017

Shelly was a complete joy to work with! From our initial meeting, it felt like she could read my mind and see exactly what my vision for our wedding day was--and even then, our flowers turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined. Shelly is a true artist, but also such a great person. She was so easy to work with, was very understanding of financial concerns and worked hard to stay within my budget while still giving me florals I wanted (e.g., she recommended flowers very similar to my favorites but at cheaper price points), and helped rework things last minute when we got some new information from our venue a week before the wedding. I loved all of our flowers, but the rounded floral arch Shelly created for our ceremony was absolutely breathtaking. I can't recommend Shelly enough!

Sent on 12/29/2017
    Shelly Sarver Designs 9
    Shelly Sarver Designs 10
    Shelly Sarver Designs 11
    Shelly Sarver Designs 12

Molly · Married on 10/28/2017

I would give Shelly 10 out of 5 stars if I could! Her work is unique and bold. She is amazing to work with and gets to know you on a personal level to understand the overall vision you have. We still receive compliments on how beautiful our flowers were. If you're looking for a florist with a creative mind that will bring your venue and pictures to life, you must get in touch with Shelly! Even though Shelly had such a small part of our special day, it seemed like she had a big part in our day. She has made a lasting impression for years to come and I love having our wedding pictures throughout our home with the non-traditional fall flowers she chose for us! We can never thank Shelly enough! (Below are just a few pictures of the gorgeous creations).

Sent on 01/04/2018
    Shelly Sarver Designs 13
    Shelly Sarver Designs 14
    Shelly Sarver Designs 15

Savanna · Married on 10/21/2017

Shelly was so easy to work with. I went into our consultation not knowing a thing about flowers but I told Shelly my style and the vision I had for my wedding and she provided more perfect arrangements than I could’ve ever imagined!

Sent on 12/28/2017
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 04/22/2017

I would highly recommend working with Shelly Sarver. EVERYTHING she did for us was amazing and beautiful!! She was so helpful in my planning and had great suggestions! On top of her talent, she is a wonderful person and a JOY to work with.

Sent on 05/19/2017

Shelly was awesome! I came in with no real vision, just wedding colors. Shelly took my personality, and put it into our wedding flowers. We couldn't have been happier with how they turned out!

Rebecca · Married on 10/22/2016

We were very fortunate to work with Shelly for our wedding in Iowa City - it was a brand new venue and she made the extra effort of coming out to look at the space and go over design ideas with us as well as bringing a trial flower crown for me. We initially chose Shelly because we loved her natural, romantic look and her creativity and she did not disappoint - the arrangements for all of our spaces were perfect. We asked Shelly to incorporate my late father-in-laws deer antlers as a way to have his memory be a special part of our day. She was thoughtful and very open to our request and did a beautiful job incorporating them. Shelly was easy to work with and is in touch when she needs to be but does not burden busy brides with over-communication. I cannot say enough good things about working with Shelly and her arrangements!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Taylor · Married on 10/15/2016

Shelly server design is truly the best. We met with Shelly on multiple occasions so that she would have an idea of what we liked. And she absolutely nailed it. On the day of our wedding I walked into our event venue and was amazed because it was everything and more that I could've dreamed of. she is reliable, professional and so talented at what she does! Thanks Shelly for designing the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Becca · Married on 10/08/2016

I was recently married this past October in Ankeny, IA. After doing research online and talking to a few friends that used Shelley for their own weddings, I knew she was the person I wanted to hire. Shelley had amazing ideas from the beginning. She was easy to work with, accommodating to my budget and understood what I wanted (even when I couldn't articulate my vision all that clearly). My wedding flowers and reception centerpieces were absolutely beautiful. Thank you, Shelley, for making our day so special.

Sent on 12/30/2016

Kelsey · Married on 09/30/2016

If you seen Shelly's work, you know she is AMAZING! But her personality is the best, you can tell that she loves what she does and she is the absolute best! I had big ideas for what I wanted for my wedding, and Shelly from the first meeting got my vision, and our personality clicked! She is so personable, even down to knowing what my dress looked liked, she spent hours talking through ideas, options, and price point! She is so willing to work with her customers, and doing everything in her power to make their dreams come true. She definitely transformed our venue and completed all my visions! I would recommend Shelly a million times over, I can't say enough good things about her and her business.

Elyssa · Married on 09/17/2016

Shelly was absolutely fantastic! I couldn't have pulled off a wedding eight months after having a baby without her. She was organized, helped me pull my vision together and didn't miss a beat. The flowers and set up were just gorgeous!!

Sent on 01/01/2017

Shelly was super friendly and very very helpful! I had no idea what I wanted going in and she took the time to get to know my fiance and me and I fully trust her decisions with flowers. She was also a lot less expensive than I thought she'd be!! Overall wonderful!

Sent on 02/18/2016

I really had no idea what I wanted when I met with Shelly for the first time other than a sea of purple flowers for my wedding. She did a fantastic job of making the church and reception venue look beautiful. I appreciated how Shelly worked with my other vendors (i.e. reception venue and decorator) to coordinate everything. This was really helpful and took some of the stress of of me. All of my flowers were just so creative and gave the wow factor. I just wish I could keep them forever.

Sent on 07/09/2016

Vanessa · Married on 05/21/2016

Shelly and her team went above and beyond all of my expectations for the flowers for my wedding. Shelly is incredible at what she does, and I would HIGHLY recommend her to any brides!

Brittany · Married on 11/07/2015

Flowers were the one thing I was a little overwhelmed with when planning our wedding - they are all so beautiful and I couldn't narrow it down. The second I started bouncing ideas off of Shelly, I could just tell she understood what I wanted. She is one of the most creative people I have ever met and she not only met my expectations, she exceeded them. I couldn't have asked for more beautiful bouquets, centerpieces and accents - it was a dream! Her services are a must have.

Jaimie · Married on 09/19/2015

Hands down this is the flower vendor I would use again if getting married soon. I will also continue to recommend Shelly Sarver Designs to any of my friends curious about who to use. There are several people who looked at our photos who said, "You guys look great and all, but THOSE FLOWERS!"
    Shelly and I discussed my husband's love for hops, and she went so far as to have about 6 dried hops sent down to her from Minneapolis to include in his boutonniere. It was a thoughtful surprise and one that made us feel really special and listened to.
    Lastly, I was a rather hands of bride with most things. Shelly and I talked about my basic wants and needs and she ran with it from there. I trusted her and she sure did deliver.

• Allie

Allie · Married on 09/05/2015

Shelly was so helpful!! She has a great eye and is very up to date on trends. I loved working with her!

• User6120091 · 2+ years ago

Shelly's floral arrangements for my wedding were absolutely perfect....everything I wanted and more. She was so great to work with and payed such great attention to detail. I am beyond thankful that I used Shelly for my flowers!!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Shelly is an amazing person & does the best floral work! I didn't have exact flowers picked out but am idea of colors & feel. Shelly ram with this & hit the ball on the head!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Alexis · Married on 12/20/2014

The flowers and decorations were ABOVE and BEYOND what I could have ever imagined for my wedding!! Everything was so beautiful!!!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Shelly went above and beyond our expectations for our wedding! All of our floral arrangements, centerpieces, and bouquets were amazingly beautiful. I loved that Shelly took the time to understand my vision for our wedding and made that a reality.

Sent on 02/22/2015

Shelly is absolutely great! I don't really have a favorite flower or know much about them so all I gave her were my colors and my style (romantic, classy, etc.) and she nailed it.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Chelsey · Married on 08/30/2014

I can't even imagine my entire wedding planning process without the help of Shelly Sarver Designs! While she was technically hired to provide all center pieces & floral arrangements - she went above and beyond her role assisting in ALL areas of the wedding to ensure that each piece coordinated well. From assuring that the bridesmaid dresses fit the style & flair of the wedding theme to constant attention with help on the small details from setup to napkins. My career is very demanding and I know for certain that without Shelly Sarver arriving to deliver excellence & play FULL out to make our special day a success it would have in no way been the complete stress free day that it was. It was an outdoor backyard affair that had down pour rains for 2 weeks prior - and when 48 hours before the wedding we needed to completely change the location and design of the entire wedding - there was Shelly to not only be ready and willing to help with a new design - but MOST importantly to assure me that everything would be ok! I may not have been able to have my dream wedding in the same place in the back yard - it may have been moved up to the front yard on concrete over flowing into a garage - but I wouldn't even change a thing because Shelly made that space come alive with class & elegance! I will never forget all of the elements she brought in from the breathtaking bouquets coordinating all of my favorite floral pieces ... to the golden candelabras ... to my FAVORITE piece ... a REAL WORKING CHANDELIER in the tree behind our head table dawned with glittery gold overlays! Being in the service industry myself I have found that finding those who genuinely care about this being the most important day of your life and serving from a special place in their heart are irreplaceable ... and that is exactly what Shelly Sarver Designs will do. Thank you Shelly for creating taking my VISION into a REALITY and BEYOND!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Katie · Married on 08/02/2014

Shelly does a great job! I would not use any other florist. She is really creative and is very good at making your vision a reality.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Miranda · Married on 06/21/2014

Shelly is simply amazing at what she does! I was fairly sure at the beginning of my wedding planning that I had no idea what I was doing, and had no idea what I wanted! Shelly was an absolute doll in helping me through everything! She helped me to transform my over pinning on pinterest, and loverly account loves into a reality better than I could have ever imagined! She helped me to find the perfect reception location after my original fell through, and listened to every single endless question, concern and idea. I think calling Shelly a florist alone is an understatement. She truly was my wedding planner and designer, and never let me overlook a detail in the wedding design. My wedding and reception were more beautiful than I could have ever dreamed! I never even told her what I wanted for the ceremony, and told her to surprise me because she would do a better job than I could ever dream! I was blown away by the beauty of the ceremony, and I made the right choice by letting her work her magic! Shelly was one of my best investments of my wedding, because she did so much to make it what it was. She was honest with me when I was trying to go overboard in details, which meant a lot to me! I was trying to do way too much, which would have costed way too much. Instead she was honest and directed me away from the things that would cost, but wouldn't make an impact.

I cannot recommend Shelly enough! She is amazing at what she does, and is truly worth every single penny and more! I looked forward to every single appointment. And loved all of our meetings and her hard work come together to make my wedding so beautiful! I was so blessed to find such a kind, driven, and creative person to help me through my planning process!

Sent on 07/09/2014