Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios Reviews

Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 7
  • Sarah Anne

Sarah Anne · Married on 06/22/2019

Blown away!

I contacted Shelly after seeing her flowers from a friend’s wedding. Best decision! Shelly was very prompt and professional in all our communications. Unlike some florists I talked to, Shelly didn’t try to pressure me into spending more money than I was comfortable with - she totally understood my budget concerns and was always willing to make suggestions on ways to cut cost. And the flowers were absolutely amazing!! I basically gave her a handful of inspiration images and a color palette, and she delivered absolutely gorgeous results! I also must commend her on her creativity with our album cover centerpieces, which she integrated into the floral arrangements in such an elegant way. I couldn’t be happier!

Sent on 07/03/2019
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 8
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 9
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 10
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 11
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 12

Taylor · Married on 06/22/2019

Best Florist Ever!

We decided to go with Shelly as our florist and it was the best decision that we made! Shelly created BEAUTIFUL arrangements for our wedding. She was extremely helpful and gave me great suggestions when I couldn't make up my mind. Shelly was very accommodating and even brought a few extra fresh flowers when I had an unexpected situation occur with my cake. Our wedding was on July 5th and I still am getting complements from my guests about how beautiful all of the flowers were. I would 100% recommend Shelly for any upcoming event!!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 05/25/2019

She made my vision come to life!

My flowers were absolutely gorgeous. I wanted lots of greenery in my arrangements and we went for some tall and some short centerpieces. Everyone commented on how beautiful they were. I think that they were the prettiest centerpieces (and bouquets) that I've ever seen at a wedding that I've attended (and it's not just me being partial!). I really couldn't have asked for more and would recommend her to anyone looking for a florist for any special occasion.

Sent on 05/28/2019
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 13
  • Jason

Ashley · Married on 03/30/2019

Amazed by these beautiful arrangements!

Can I give a higher rating than 5 stars? Shelly deserves ALL THE STARS. I was blown away by the beauty and style of the flowers on my wedding day. When a bridesmaid sent me a picture of the room before the wedding I nearly cried. Holding and smelling my bouquet all day brought me such joy. Not only were the flowers beyond my highest expectations, Shelly was a sweetheart to work with. She was so accommodating. Stop looking and just book her for your wedding already. Fabulous!

Sent on 04/11/2019
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 14
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 15
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 16
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 17
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 11/17/2018

She’s amazing and creates beautiful flower arrangements. Hire her!

I asked and Shelly delivered!

When I sat down with her to discuss my vision, I only had a few pictures I had found from Instagram, the names of a few flowers I liked that I knew would not be in season, and a vision that I could barely explain because I couldn’t quite find the words (and as an English teacher, this was rare for me). Despite all of that, Shelly was magnificent; she showed me pictures of flowers that would be in season and would fit the color-filled vision I had, she was honest about what would be realistic for a November wedding, she helped me articulate what I wanted when I couldn’t.

We had a wonderful wedding and the compliment we have gotten the most is how beautiful the flowers were, my bouquet specifically. It was a work of art.

I recommend Shelly Black Custom Floral to any and everyone looking for a phenomenal florist!

Sent on 12/21/2018
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 18
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 19
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 20
  • Tania

Tania Alvarez-Kemper · Married on 10/18/2018

Amazing and stunning flowers

Shelly is super sweet and pretty awesome to work with. She asks you for your vision and delivers above and beyond.

Sent on 10/19/2018

Robin Bair · Married on 10/14/2018

Beautiful floral design for my daughter's wedding!

Shelly Black created beautiful floral and greenery arrangements for my daughter's recent wedding! Not only were they beautiful, but they were very reasonable in price! I've recommended Shelly over the years to a number of friends and I have never heard anything but rave reviews.

Shelly has an eye for making things beautiful and she's also one of those people who will go the extra mile to make a bride's day super special.

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2018

Shelly did an awesome job on our wedding flowers. Very easy to work with, responds to emails promptly. Was able to handle last minute detail changes. Absolute amazing quality and reasonably priced!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/22/2018

Good in a Crunch

We hired Shelly Black as the florist for our wedding. The flowers were divine. My bridal bouquet was full of beautiful flowers from the season and perfectly cascaded down. The boutiques and boutonnieres were beautiful. However, our favorite part of her work were the reception tablescapes. The free flowing garland with flowers scattered going down the center of the tables was amazing. She created a beautifully romantic scene, which caught guests eyes as soon as you walked into the reception space. The result was perfect. The problem that she endured (which you would have never known) is the venue did not have the space set up for the vendors to start decorating the reception space. Shelly stepped in to help, organized the venue, and pulled everything together. It was not until later that we learned what a debacle could have resulted, if it was not for her fast thinking. While I'm hopefully this is a rare situation, it is nice to know she stays calm under pressure. We really appreciate her amazing floral designs. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the arrangements for either side of the ceremony aisle... gorgeous! It was a great experience from start to finish. We will certainly be using her again. Shelly - Thanks for everything. We really appreciate the hard work more than you likely realize.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios's reply:

Aww, thanks for the kind words Rachel. It was my pleasure to help make sure everything was perfect for you and your guests. Please send me link to your professional photos. I would love a picture of your bouquet especially. I loved it! Best to you!

Laura · Married on 07/21/2018

From beginning to end, Shelly was a dream to work with. What first drew me to Shelly was how affordable her floral services are but the customer service and final products were NOT lacking. During our first meeting I was deciding between garland greenery or loose leaf greenery for our tables and she told me "If you like them both, go with the loose leaf because it is less expensive." As a bride on a budget, I was so appreciative that she was not trying to up-sell me. From the initial meeting to finalizing the details approximately two weeks out from the wedding date, she was organized and easy to work with. The final products were even better than I had imaged. Our bouquets were so full and the loose greenery and flowers on the table were beautifully placed. I would highly recommend Shelly to any bride!

Sent on 08/06/2018
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 21
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 22
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 23
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 24
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 25
    Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios 26

Becky · Married on 12/09/2017

We loved working with Shelly Black for our wedding day flowers. Shelly really helped me work through where to have what kind and colors of flowers to make the biggest impact throughout our wedding day. Shelly also did a great job taking some of my more abstract requests and making them a reality! The flowers were absolutely stunning and an amazing value for what we got.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

SHELLY WAS AN ABSOLUTE DREAM COME TRUE! Not only did she give me exactly what I wanted and more on our big day, but she made the entire process, from the first email, to the final reveal, and even the breakdown and decor return as easy and seamless as possible!

Let's be honest, the planning process is not always a walk in the park. But with Shelly, I felt comfortable throughout the entire process. I had a blast bouncing ideas back and forth with her, and we built a vision for the event that was better than I could even have hoped for. She helped me elevate and expand my original plans, while still keeping me within our strict budget. I felt that she was engaged and creatively invested the entire way through. I'm sure she was working on a ton of weddings at the same time, but she always found a way to make me feel like mine was the most important one.

I wont lie, I am a bit of a perfectionist, and I work in interior design for a living. I thought it would be near impossible to get exactly what I wanted, down to the last detail, and keep it within budget. But the morning of my wedding I knew there were at least 2 things I DID NOT have to worry about:

1) that the man at the end of the aisle was the one for me
    2) that my amazing florist, SHELLY BLACK, WOULD DELIVER!!

And boy, did she ever!! I didn't cry during my ceremony, I cried when I saw the ballroom for the first time! It was EXACTLY what we had discussed and planned for. I am so glad I trusted her with my dream day. I would recommend Shelly 100000000 TIME OVER!! The way she goes above and beyond for her brides is incredible. I'll never be able to thank her enough for her patients, her candor, her creativity, her kindness, and her professionalism.

If your planning a wedding, or any event, do yourself a favor, and book Shelly Black at Wayside Studios!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Anthony · Married on 09/16/2017

Shelly is incredible! She was a true pleasure to work with and the flowers were absolutely stunning! We can't say enough good things about Shelly!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Alex · Married on 09/09/2017

Shelly is the absolute best! Very reasonably priced, easy to work with, very quick to respond with emails and most of all does a beautiful job!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2017

Shelly was wonderful to work with! I'm based in Colorado and was planning a wedding in Maryland and Shelly could not have captured what I had in mind for flowers more perfectly. She was so easy to work with and super responsive to all of my questions. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Susan · Married on 08/12/2017

She was a delight to work with.

Sent on 08/27/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/09/2017

I cannot speak highly enough of the quality of service Shelly provided. She was easy to get in touch with, responsive, and flexible with accommodating us for our day. I shopped around for a florist quite a bit and found that, compared to other Baltimore-area florists, Shelly offered an incredible selection at VERY reasonable prices. We received endless compliments on our flowers. I would recommend her to any Maryland bride!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/25/2017

I feel so fortunate that I hired Shelly Black as my florist.

I first contacted Shelly after several frustrating conversations with other wedding florists. My mom and I didn't think we'd ever find a florist who was reasonably priced and willing to personalize the flowers to fit my personality and requests. Meeting Shelly was a breath of fresh air. She was accommodating to my busy schedule, willing to meet at odd hours, and when we did meet, she sat with me and my mom for an hour and went through different ideas and possibilities. We immediately felt comfortable with her and hired her immediately.

Throughout the wedding planning process, Shelly was incredibly accessible to any emails, questions, and concerns that we had. As the wedding grew closer, she followed up with us to make sure everything was on track. My husband is Jewish - one integral part of a Jewish ceremony is a chuppah. Shelly was willing to make a chuppah for us, but also allowed me to give her items to integrate into the chuppah. In the weeks before the wedding, I went over the Shelly's home and collaborated on the chuppah assembly and design. She went above and beyond in being accommodating to our requests.

On the day of the wedding, the flowers exceeded my expectations. I don't think I've ever seen such beautiful bouquets, corsages, etc. (She even put little pearls on the corsages for the mothers - it was such a treat!) 10 days after the wedding, my bouquet is still intact and still beautiful. Additionally, the chuppah that Shelly created was perhaps one of the most beautiful works of artistry that I've ever seen. It moved people to tears.

I cannot thank Shelly enough for her incredible work and her willingness to work with me. I only hope that I have an another occasion where I can hire her!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Megan · Married on 06/11/2017

Shelly is SO responsive to email and very accommodating! Can't wait to see our flowers for our wedding this Summer! 100% recommend her!

Sent on 02/16/2017

Emily · Married on 03/04/2017

Was referred to Shelly through her father, who was a customer at one of my stores. Her arrangements are STUNNING. When wet met I gave her a brief idea of our wedding style and what we were looking for. Boy did she nail it!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Kelly · Married on 08/27/2016

Shelly did such an amazing job with our flowers for our wedding! She was so polite and friendly throughout the whole process, but more than that, she was so quick to respond when we had questions or changes to be made. Our centerpieces, bouquets and everything else turned out so wonderful and we received many compliments all night long about how beautiful all of the flowers were. We would definitely recommend Shelly for anyone looking for a wonderful florist for their big day!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Erika · Married on 07/30/2016

Shelly was an absolute pleasure to work with! I made several last minute changes throughout the planning process and she was quick and responsive to make them. I had a very specific image of what I wanted and Shelly delivered! The flowers were absolutely beautiful and could not have turned out any better. I highly recommend using her and am so glad I stumbled upon her site.

Sent on 08/18/2016

Natalie · Married on 07/08/2016

Shelly and I talked on the phone for 30 minutes - 1 hour one day and then she sent me her vision for the flowers as well as the cost. Her vision completed captured my vision and the day of the wedding the flowers exceeded my expectations. My flowers were amazing and better than what I imagined. She is very quick to reply to e-mails and was honest with which of my ideas would work which I really appreciated. She is very affordable. Of course I am biased but I thought my wedding flowers were the most beautiful I have ever seen! She executed my vision better than I could have imagined!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Jenna · Married on 06/25/2016

Shelly is super friendly and was very responsive to emails. We met with Shelly at her studio and she showed us photos of her past work, which made picking out our flowers very easy. The flowers were even more perfect than I could have imagined.! She was even able to add some last minute items like rose petals down the aisle. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Rebecca · Married on 06/04/2016

Shelly was FANTASTIC. She saw my vision through my own eyes. I gave her small ideas of what I was hoping for and she brought them to life effortlessly. She was extremely responsive throughout the entire process and spoke with me over the phone about my ideas before meeting with me since I lived so far away. My flowers were perfect. :)

Sent on 06/20/2016