28 Reviews for Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios

Altar Decor (7)
Flower Petals (5)
Clean Up (2)
28 Shelly Black, Custom Floral Designer, at Wayside Studios Reviews

We loved working with Shelly Black for our wedding day flowers. Shelly really helped me work through where to have what kind and colors of flowers to make the biggest impact throughout our wedding day. Shelly also did a great job taking some of my more abstract requests and making them a reality! The flowers were absolutely stunning and an amazing value for what we got.

Profile Picture Becky, 12/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

SHELLY WAS AN ABSOLUTE DREAM COME TRUE! Not only did she give me exactly what I wanted and more on our big day, but she made the entire process, from the first email, to the final reveal, and even the breakdown and decor return as easy and seamless as possible!

Let's be honest, the planning process is not always a walk in the park. But with Shelly, I felt comfortable throughout the entire process. I had a blast bouncing ideas back and forth with her, and we built a vision for the event that was better than I could even have hoped for. She helped me elevate and expand my original plans, while still keeping me within our strict budget. I felt that she was engaged and creatively invested the entire way through. I'm sure she was working on a ton of weddings at the same time, but she always found a way to make me feel like mine was the most important one.

I wont lie, I am a bit of a perfectionist, and I work in interior design for a living. I thought it would be near impossible to get exactly what I wanted, down to the last detail, and keep it within budget. But the morning of my wedding I knew there were at least 2 things I DID NOT have to worry about:

1) that the man at the end of the aisle was the one for me
2) that my amazing florist, SHELLY BLACK, WOULD DELIVER!!

And boy, did she ever!! I didn't cry during my ceremony, I cried when I saw the ballroom for the first time! It was EXACTLY what we had discussed and planned for. I am so glad I trusted her with my dream day. I would recommend Shelly 100000000 TIME OVER!! The way she goes above and beyond for her brides is incredible. I'll never be able to thank her enough for her patients, her candor, her creativity, her kindness, and her professionalism.

If your planning a wedding, or any event, do yourself a favor, and book Shelly Black at Wayside Studios!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Delivery, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages

Shelly is incredible! She was a true pleasure to work with and the flowers were absolutely stunning! We can't say enough good things about Shelly!

Profile Picture Anthony, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Shelly is the absolute best! Very reasonably priced, easy to work with, very quick to respond with emails and most of all does a beautiful job!

Profile Picture Alex, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages, Flower Petals, Delivery, Set Up

Shelly was wonderful to work with! I'm based in Colorado and was planning a wedding in Maryland and Shelly could not have captured what I had in mind for flowers more perfectly. She was so easy to work with and super responsive to all of my questions. I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/12/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

She was a delight to work with.

Profile Picture Susan, 8/12/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Creating the perfect day for your daughter and new son-in-law is a tremendous task! Shelley made personalizing every detail easy! From the gorgeous bouquets to the stunning garland draped down 20 foot farm tables, Shelley exceeded our expectations and executed every request with precision. There were a few things we wanted to do to keep costs within our budget; Shelley did not discourage this effort. Thank you, Shelley Black!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 7/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I cannot speak highly enough of the quality of service Shelly provided. She was easy to get in touch with, responsive, and flexible with accommodating us for our day. I shopped around for a florist quite a bit and found that, compared to other Baltimore-area florists, Shelly offered an incredible selection at VERY reasonable prices. We received endless compliments on our flowers. I would recommend her to any Maryland bride!

Profile Picture Olivia, 7/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I feel so fortunate that I hired Shelly Black as my florist.

I first contacted Shelly after several frustrating conversations with other wedding florists. My mom and I didn't think we'd ever find a florist who was reasonably priced and willing to personalize the flowers to fit my personality and requests. Meeting Shelly was a breath of fresh air. She was accommodating to my busy schedule, willing to meet at odd hours, and when we did meet, she sat with me and my mom for an hour and went through different ideas and possibilities. We immediately felt comfortable with her and hired her immediately.

Throughout the wedding planning process, Shelly was incredibly accessible to any emails, questions, and concerns that we had. As the wedding grew closer, she followed up with us to make sure everything was on track. My husband is Jewish - one integral part of a Jewish ceremony is a chuppah. Shelly was willing to make a chuppah for us, but also allowed me to give her items to integrate into the chuppah. In the weeks before the wedding, I went over the Shelly's home and collaborated on the chuppah assembly and design. She went above and beyond in being accommodating to our requests.

On the day of the wedding, the flowers exceeded my expectations. I don't think I've ever seen such beautiful bouquets, corsages, etc. (She even put little pearls on the corsages for the mothers - it was such a treat!) 10 days after the wedding, my bouquet is still intact and still beautiful. Additionally, the chuppah that Shelly created was perhaps one of the most beautiful works of artistry that I've ever seen. It moved people to tears.

I cannot thank Shelly enough for her incredible work and her willingness to work with me. I only hope that I have an another occasion where I can hire her!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Shelly is SO responsive to email and very accommodating! Can't wait to see our flowers for our wedding this Summer! 100% recommend her!

Profile Picture User5362415, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Was referred to Shelly through her father, who was a customer at one of my stores. Her arrangements are STUNNING. When wet met I gave her a brief idea of our wedding style and what we were looking for. Boy did she nail it!

Profile Picture Emily, 3/4/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Shelly did such an amazing job with our flowers for our wedding! She was so polite and friendly throughout the whole process, but more than that, she was so quick to respond when we had questions or changes to be made. Our centerpieces, bouquets and everything else turned out so wonderful and we received many compliments all night long about how beautiful all of the flowers were. We would definitely recommend Shelly for anyone looking for a wonderful florist for their big day!

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/27/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Shelly was an absolute pleasure to work with! I made several last minute changes throughout the planning process and she was quick and responsive to make them. I had a very specific image of what I wanted and Shelly delivered! The flowers were absolutely beautiful and could not have turned out any better. I highly recommend using her and am so glad I stumbled upon her site.

Profile Picture Erika, 7/30/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Shelly and I talked on the phone for 30 minutes - 1 hour one day and then she sent me her vision for the flowers as well as the cost. Her vision completed captured my vision and the day of the wedding the flowers exceeded my expectations. My flowers were amazing and better than what I imagined. She is very quick to reply to e-mails and was honest with which of my ideas would work which I really appreciated. She is very affordable. Of course I am biased but I thought my wedding flowers were the most beautiful I have ever seen! She executed my vision better than I could have imagined!

Profile Picture Natalie, 7/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Delivery, Set Up

Shelly is super friendly and was very responsive to emails. We met with Shelly at her studio and she showed us photos of her past work, which made picking out our flowers very easy. The flowers were even more perfect than I could have imagined.! She was even able to add some last minute items like rose petals down the aisle. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Jenna, 6/25/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Delivery

Shelly was FANTASTIC. She saw my vision through my own eyes. I gave her small ideas of what I was hoping for and she brought them to life effortlessly. She was extremely responsive throughout the entire process and spoke with me over the phone about my ideas before meeting with me since I lived so far away. My flowers were perfect. :)

Profile Picture Rebecca, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

I had a wonderful experience working with Shelly. During our initial phone consultation, I felt immediately comfortable with her; she was friendly, knowledgeable, and flexible to work with my vision. I interviewed many florists, but Shelly's responsiveness, pricing, and professionalism were unparalleled. I asked her so many questions and she always responded to my emails within a day. She even sent me photos of a wedding she worked at my venue that had a similar color scheme. For each question I asked about her services, like whether she could use a certain color ribbon, obtain a specific type of vase/garland, or add embellishments to my bouquet, the answer was always yes. We met in person a few weeks before my wedding to finalize the details, and she provided great recommendations on some items I was unsure about - she made me feel completely at ease and I trusted her 100%. On the day of my wedding, I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked into the ballroom - the flowers were stunning! She was able to accommodate everything I wanted and made my vision come to life. Out of all of the details of our wedding, we received the most compliments on our flowers. Even the venue staff said they were the most beautiful spring flowers they had ever seen at the venue. Shelly is talented, professional, and so easy to work with - I would highly recommend her for your event!

Profile Picture Rita, 5/21/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Shelly's execution of the vision I had for my wedding flowers was beyond anything I could have asked for! I was looking for an autumn arrangement that incorporated the blue of our wedding and wheat stalks. Shelly took this and created arrangements that were stunning and truly enhanced the beauty of the venue. If you're looking for a florist that can provide suggestions and ideas to create a cohesive and beautiful look for your wedding then I wouldn't look any farther than Shelly.

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/1/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I had no idea what I wanted my flowers to look like, or even what flowers to use. Sitting down with Shelly was great. We started to look through past pictures of other flowers she's used, once we started to talk about what my colors were, dress details, reception hall, she had a good idea of what she wanted to give me. She showed me the different flowers that she wanted to use and the colors of each flower. Come our wedding day, she was early to drop the flowers off, and they were beautiful. If I knew in the beginning what I wanted, these flowers were definitely them. They were bold, fresh, clean flowers used that lasted the entire night, and they were just wanted I wanted. Thank you Shelly.

Profile Picture Valerie, 10/31/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Shelly Black was wonderful to work with. Shelly meticulously and patiently guided our flower choices and created beautiful arrangements that turned our vision into a beautiful reality. Our flowers added immeasurably to our day. Thank you Shelly.

Profile Picture Katie, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Shelly did an incredible job with the flowers for our wedding! We had so many compliments throughout the night on how beautiful everything was. Would highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Shelly produced EXACTLY what I wanted for my wedding. The colors were perfect, the arrangements themselves were flawless, and everyone commented on how amazing our flowers were. I'd recommend her to anyone. She was very responsive throughout the process, friendly, and just a breeze to work with. I couldn't have been happier with the outcome.

Profile Picture User4159613, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Shelly was the florist at our wedding on May 16, 2015 and we could not be happier! She went above and beyond not only with the flower arrangements, but with her support on the day, her level of professionalism, and her ability to take our dreams and make them a reality. We hadn't order flowers for the cake and when she saw how simple it looked when it arrive, she gladly helped us make it look gorgeous. We had also planned to have an outdoor ceremony, and at the last minute there was a down pour. She was extremely flexible and waited out the rain with us to make the quick switch to an indoor ceremony. We would 100% recommend her and look forward to using her for future events!

Profile Picture User4201295, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Shelly Black is a wonderful florist with such artistic ability. She created beautiful arrangements for my wedding and everything was beyond my expectations.

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

After our original florist cancelled 3 months before our wedding, Shelly saved the day! Seriously. Shelly was incredibly flexible with everything from beginning to end. And on the wedding day, she delivered the most beautiful flowers. Shelly truly saw my vision of flowers and colors and made it come to life. I never thought I wanted to preserve my bouquet, but what Shelly delivered was just so amazing that I have now decided to preserve it! Thank you for everything, Shelly! Truly amazing!

Profile Picture Carrie , 4/25/15, 4 Reviews