Shelli Armstrong Events Reviews

31 | Fresno, CA

31 Reviews for Shelli Armstrong Events

Dani · Married on 10/18/2014

Shelli was absolutely amazing! I am an event planner for a living, so people were shocked to hear I had a wedding planner, but wedding planning is a COMPLETELY different ball game than other events and I wanted a serious pro to handle one of the most important days of my life!

Shelli is as genuine as they come, and our personalities totally matched up. She is creative, resourceful, smart, flexible, extremely professional and FUN! She had so many great ideas, and I had complete trust in her. She got everything done and the entire day and evening ran so smoothly!

It honestly felt like we were working with family, and that she honestly cared about Jeff and I, my family and our overall picture of what we wanted that day. If I had a fun and crazy idea, she ran with it! She embraces her clients ideas and provides additional thoughts and suggestions based on her own experience and creativity, that further enhance any original idea you may have come up with.

She is the BEST of the BEST! If you need a wedding planner, GO WITH SHELLI! If you need an event planner - for ANY event...GO WITH SHELLI! That should be her new slogan!

We love Shelli! :)

Terrie · Married on 10/18/2014

This was our families first wedding and Shelli took complete care of us. She made our ideas and hers come alive. Shelli is easy to talk too, she listens really well and gives great advice! Our wedding was absolutely beautiful from the flowy draping backdrop and chandelier at the alter to the gorgeous table settings to running to get Taco Bell for our die-hard guests to making sure everything ran smoothly!! We were able to totally enjoy every aspect of our daughters wedding knowing Shelli was taking care of all the details! We miss her already!

Adrienne · Married on 07/12/2014

Shelli Armstrong Events is absolutely amazing! My husband and I initially thought we could plan our wedding on our own, since we are a very organized, goal-oriented duo. We quickly discovered that planning a wedding is a whole different ball game, and we wanted to plan the best wedding experience that followed our vision while enjoying the process. So we turned to Shelli! Over next the year of planning with Shelli, she was able to support our needs and develop our ideas into a comprehensive vision and design. She was able to connect us with vendors in Fresno and locally in the Bay Area. She supported meetings at the event site, catering, and floral design. We are a very hands-on couple, and did some of the leg work on our own with Shelli's supervision of the overall vision. We are often "get it done now" people, and occasionally were challenged by the wedding industry's timelines and waiting periods. Even though some of our questions were not answered immediately, we understood that Shelli had our best interest in mind and we would get our answers in a timely fashion. Shelli was able to take the tiniest details from linens, floral, lighting, music, table settings, and room arrangement and create our perfect wedding. We couldn't have survived without Shelli the day of the wedding. She was able to handle all of the last minute preparations and coordinate all of the vendors seamlessly. As the bride and groom, we were able to relax and enjoy our special day. We knew we didn't have to worry about any of the setup or production for the wedding, which was a huge relief. Shelli was calm, composed, professional, and personable throughout the day and evening as she guided us through our wedding ceremony and reception. Looking back, there isn't anything we would have changed about our special day. We are forever thankful to Shelli Armstrong Events for helping us create and execute the wedding of our dreams.

Katelyn · Married on 06/28/2014

Where do I even begin with Shelli? She helped my now husband and I plan our Yosemite National Park dream wedding from 2000 miles away while we were both stationed in Tennessee with the Army. She scheduled Skype "dates" with us every month to discuss progress, get information, and tell us what else needed to be done. She was always on top of things and quickly got back to us with answers to all our questions. She offered us advice on vendors for photography, cake, flowers, DJ, and officiant selection and never pushed an agenda on us. She used her years of contacts to get us deals that we would never have been able to get on our own. We planned for about a year before our wedding. When the day arrived and all my bridesmaids and family were asking about how stressed I was, I had to be honest and tell them that I wasn't stressed at all! Shelli told me, my husband, my family, my bridal party, and my guests when to be where and it was all SO EASY. Shelli is SO fantastic and SO amazing at her job, I would recommend her to anyone. When she pulled us aside at the reception to tell us she was headed out, I actually cried because I felt like we had built such a relationship with her and she had done so much work to make our day special.

If you're thinking that a wedding planner is "not worth it" you are missing out! You can definitely do it on your own, but why add stress and angst when your day is supposed to be relaxing and wonderful. Shelli is worth WAY MORE than her weight in gold (I can say that because I think she survives on almonds and Dr. Pepper ;) and she will make your day... your event... your memories, like something you thought was only in your dreams :)

Sareen · Married on 06/21/2014

Hiring Shelli Armstrong Events was probably the smartest decision I made when I began the journey of wedding planning. I knew planning a wedding for over 400 guests would not be an easy task. Shelli Armstrong's industry knowledge, resourcefulness, creativity are unparalleled in the world of event planning. I highly recommend her to potential brides. My family and I were very pleased with the way my wedding turned out. It was a magical and unforgettable evening. Thank you Shelli and team.

Bernadette · Married on 06/07/2014

Shelli was very helpful and accommodating of my indecisiveness. I had a vision that I couldn't always verbally explain and she recreated my vision into a beautiful event my hubby and I were proud to call our wedding! I wish I could afford her expertise for all event planning! Maybe one day... Shelli obviously has great relationships with multiple vendors and I trusted her opinion 100%. Her assistant, Elizabeth, was also a gem to work with! Anytime I needed immediate assistance I could count on her to help me out, as Shelli is a very busy woman!

Tara · Married on 05/03/2014

Shelli is not only an amazing wedding planner, but she is also an amazing person. The first time we met she got me and understood what I was about. She helped me plan my 450 person wedding in my parents backyard, and did a better job than I could have ever dreamed of. She was alway professional and dedicated to helping me with waterer I wanted/needed, even tho I changed my mind about certain decor more than a couple of times. She also has AMAZING vision and she will personalize the event to your personality. She defiantly can do more than just "cookie cutter" weddings. She knows all the right vendors to use and has great connections with all of them. But I have to say where Shelli really shines is about 2 weeks before the wedding. She was at my house, literally from sun up to sun down working so hard to make my dream wedding come true. She took initiative and made sure everything was perfect. Her staff is unbelievable and made sure nothing went wrong on my big day, and I could have had a lot go wrong on my wedding day, between the hanging cake and the plexiglass over the pool (which were her ideas). Shelli is just an amazing event planner and I would use her again and again!

Erlinda · Married on 11/16/2013

Shelli Armstrong is not only a professional, she takes her events personally. Her passion for wedding planning allowed my son, Steven, and his bride, Theresa, to have the wedding of their dreams. The peace of mind that came with the planning and being able to enjoy the wedding day was priceless! I will forever be grateful for her guidance, follow through in everything she does, and her heartfelt friendship to make it a memorable day for our family. I am also grateful for her determination to provide the best service possible by having a highly qualified and professional staff along with having an excellent relationship with the best vendors in the area. Thank you, Shelli, for a beautiful beginning for the lives of Theresa and Steven, and our family!

Stephanie · Married on 10/11/2013

Shelli and crew provided us with a phenomenal wedding experience. She took ALL the pain out of planning the event and made it fun for us! She invested the time to get to know us and understand our vision for a non traditional wedding day. She showed me options that I never would have thought of myself and used common sense and practical items to create an amazing evening. We had compliments from guests all night long.
    Shelli is a sweetheart and will go above and beyond to make your day fantastic!
    Thanks a million

Dawn · Married on 10/05/2013

Absolutely fabulous. Shelli and her team truly do handle every detail; from the invitations to the DJ to the wine. Shelli will save you countless hours searching for vendors on the internet and at bridal shows. She knows who will get the job done right and she coordinates and oversees them all. We were able to enjoy our wedding rather than stress over it.

Shelli has a wonderful support team who help with every detail. Her assistant, Sunny, was my personal assistant on my wedding day. She did all the details my friends couldn't do; fix me lunch, bring me water, gave reassuring pep talks, adjust my dress....after a vineyard photo session, she even washed my feet!

I couldn't recommend Shelli enough. She is professional and knows how to get the job done right. You will get the wedding of your dreams and won't have to stress over it!

Julie · Married on 09/14/2013

I highly recommend Shelli Armstrong for any event you are hosting. My husband and I work full time and would never have been able to plan our wedding without Shelli. She was completely organized and handled every situation with ease... including ordering 20 umbrellas the morning of the wedding to make sure our guests would be supplied with enough shade for our hot September day. I heard a few stories about mishaps before the wedding, but Shelli put out every fire and my husband and I were not aware that anything was amiss. Shelli made our day perfect, magical and stress free. She even delivered our gifts to our home so we could open them the next day. If you are planning a large event, hiring Shelli Armstrong should be #1 on your "to do" list!

Charise · Married on 08/17/2013

I brought on Shelli and her team (Anette worked on my event with Shelli) three weeks prior to the event date to take the role of 'Day of Coordinator'. We had our first face to face meeting five days prior to my wedding event at Copper River Country Club of 72 guests. I had FedEx-ed my smaller wedding props from NYC, everything arrived on time with Shelli and Anette wasting no time taking inventory of 'what goes where with what'.

Being a now naturalized New Yorker I am impressed to the level of professionalism and flexibility Shelli and her team has. The likes of her I scarcely see in the state of California. This devoted working mom did not let any of the many parts of my special day fall to the floor. Where there was my step-daughter passing out at the outdoor wedding ceremony, there was Shelli and Anette quickly helping with cold water and getting her promptly into the AC. There were so many small things that I thought were nailed down tight that did not turn out as planned the day of. Not to worry, Shelli and her team made something better out of a not-so-perfect situation.

I really appreciate the promptness in the AM Shelli had through the time working with her. My emails were answered quickly, phone calls when necessary and flexibility to fit me in between clients. Some people are rigid with their personal time, I felt that I was held efficiently and always with a 'yes' mentality. You can bet I am going to go out of my way to put on another event in the Central Valley just to have the pleasure of making my family smile and seeing an event extremely well pulled together yet again. Thank you Anette and Shelli, I couldn't have done it without you!

Lindsey · Married on 09/15/2012

It was a pleassure working with them.. They were always there if I had a problem or needed something. The end product was very beautiful!

adrianna · Married on 09/08/2012

My wedding was the most magical event I have been to and when people hand me positive feedback, I tell them I could not have done it without the help of these two fabulous women and their staff! I had a large wedding and have no experience helping friends or family planning events so they were absolutely amazing! They not only helped me to have the wedding I couldn't have even dreamed of. It was above and beyond, they kept me sane throughtout the whole thing which was such a blessing not only to me, but to my now husband! If you have a dream wedding, let them help you make it a reality!

chanel · Married on 07/06/2012

Mary and Shelli are amazing! When they came on I had already planned my entire wedding except for the nitty gritty details and that's where they took charge! They did an excellent, over-the-top job at handling all the details and making sure the vendors were on schedule, on track and I was getting what I paid for. I was so appreciative to have them on my wedding day and the weeks leading up to it and also they made a great beverage station that was perfectly styled and refreshing. They are professional, poised and make you feel confident that they will handle everything. I wished I could've worked with them longer. I highly recommend them!! Thanks Mary and Shelli and the Velvet Society Team!!

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/19/2012

These remarkable women created a weekend my husband and I will never forget. It's been over a week since our wedding and our guests can't stop talking about how much fun they had and how beautiful our event was! Trust me when I say that hiring these wedding planners is the best investment you will make to ensure that your wedding experience is flawless and unforgettable.

Mary and Shelli were there for us every step of the way, and went the extra mile on several occasions (negotiating our catering package, scheduling our food tasting, organizing our rehearsal, ordering tables/chairs/linens for our brunch the day after the wedding, etc.). They both have years of experience in this industry and have great relationships with the best vendors in town. And they truly listen to your requests and ideas. In our very first meeting, I mentioned how much I loved candles. Well as my Dad walked me down the aisle, I was almost burst into tears at how beautiful the ceremony was because they had candles EVERYWHERE!

If I had the chance to do it over again, I wouldn't change a thing. The peace of mind that you'll have on the day of your wedding knowing that everything is taken care of is priceless. I can truly say that I enjoyed every single moment of that day without ANY stress.

THANK YOU Velvet Society. Joseph and I are forever grateful for everything you did to make our wedding so wonderful!

Kari · Married on 01/07/2012

The Velvet Society was amazing to work with! I never had to worry about anything when it came to planning my wedding and the same goes for our big day! We would not have had the wedding of our dreams without The Velvet Society and I recommend anyone needing help with an event use them! You will not regret it!

Jordan · Married on 10/08/2011

Mary and Shelli were fantastic to work with! They made the wedding planning process so enjoyable and fun! They recommended the best vendors and made our wedding above and beyond what we could have ever done ourselves!

Sent on 02/02/2012

Shelli Armstrong Events's reply:

Jordan! You sweet thing! We really enjoyed you and your family. Thank you for the kind words! Keep in touch! xoxo ~ to you both!

Rhea · Married on 06/04/2011

Brides,

If you are looking for the best and the most talented duo of women to ensure your event runs seamlessly from beginning to end, then look no further. The Velvet Society will make sure that your every worry is put to ease and that your visions are brought to life. I had the pleasure of working with Mary and Shelli throughout my wedding process, and still, to this day I can't wrap my head around what I would have done without them. Hiring The Velvet Society should not be viewed as an additional expense, but as an investment- an investment that will allow you and all of your family members to relax, enjoy, and take in each and every special moment of your special day. Mary and Shelli took care of my every worry, and made my wedding day more incredible than I had ever dreamed of. Now let them do the same for you!

Sent on 09/01/2011

Shelli Armstrong Events's reply:

Sweet Sweet Rhea! Working with you and with Mary B. was a blessing. Your heart is full of gold and we just adore you! Thank you for letting us be part of such a fun event! xoxo ~
  • Elisa and Matt

Elisa and Matt · Married on 04/30/2011

Why are there only 5 stars?!?!? I would give them a million if I could.

These ladies motto must be to go above and beyond... cause that is what they did. They rocked my wedding.... took my ideas, made them a reality with my budget. I had my first look with my husband and teared up.... but when i walked into the venue that day.... I balled like a baby. They really understand vision.

These two ladies (Shelli and Mary) have many many years of experience in this industry... but have just in the past couple of years come together to join forces to be "the Velvet Society". They are REAL professionals and understand the ins and outs of event planning. I used them as my full service wedding planners (means they do practically everything.... all i do is show up the day of!) and they are worth every penny. They made the "planning" year so enjoyable it was laughable when other brides would say how stressful planning a wedding is. I had the A team on my side and I just coasted to my wedding day. My hair lady even called me "Bride-Chilla" cause i was so relaxed (which is NOT my personality! Im usually high anxiety!)

From the day i met them they told me they would let me know what i needed to do, and when. And they did. They never let me down.

And when I say they are full service... they really are. My mom was freaking out because she couldn't find a dress. Well, Shelli to the rescue!! Shelli took my mom shopping, helped her pick out the cutest dress and everyone was happy. NOW that is above and beyond!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..... do yourself a big favor and hire these ladies. They are worth every penny and will save you money and a huge headache in the long run.

Top reasons I love The Velvet Society:

1. They understand your Vision (!!!!!!!)

2. Their taste is impeccable (i can't even count how many people asked me who helped with my wedding... they all said it was hands down the most magical event they have ever been to..... AND I AGREE!!)

3. They are nice as can be, very personable (i love them!)

4. They are prompt in responses.... even if they are very busy, they will respond that they will get back to you in X amount of days. I really appreciated that!!

5. They can do small budget weddings (and make them look like $100,000 weddings)

6. They have the hook ups with the best vendors for each client (everyone is different). They really know whose personality (say in a photographer) will mesh well with the bride and vision.

7. They run a tight ship. There were a few people who drank to much at my wedding and were making a scene (seriously one almost passed out face down!).... well I never knew about it! They calmly took them aside, got them water and a cab and diffused what could have been a CRAZY scene. Think of them as like your secret service at your wedding.... they are always scanning the crowd for potential problems and taking care of them before they even happen!

8. I felt like I was their only bride for the year (even though I knew I wasn't) They really made me feel special!!!

OK: If you are still reading this review and you are not convinced, just meet with them! I think they give a free consult. the best move i made was hiring them. I am thanking God each day that they crossed my path!

I know there are a lot of "full service" wedding planners out there.... and I have talked to my friends who have used them in the past.... and to be honest some of the "Big Named" ones I have gotten some really BAD feedback on. They may do a nice event, but ignore what the bride wants.

about 4 years ago, one of my best friends had a "big named" full service wedding planner and we spent 3 days prior to her wedding doing gift bags, painting table numbers, and assembling favors. I asked her why didn't you hire a wedding planner.....she said "funny, I have one.... she is supposed to be full service and I have rarely talk to her." That would NEVER happen with the Velvet Society. If i didn't have a text or an email from mary or shelli at least 7 times a week I'd be shocked!! And that is probably a low estimation!!!

I am trying to think of anything negative to say, but to be honest, there is not one bad thing about these ladies. They did a GREAT job and I would hire them again in a heartbeat!!!!!

Ok: what are you waiting for..... call them. You can thank me later!

Sent on 08/05/2011

Shelli Armstrong Events's reply:

Mrs Brown ~ we can't even begin to describe what working with you a year and a half did to us ~ in a good way of course! Haha!!! You, my love, are amazing and have taken the Velvet Girls hearts and melted them. Love you! xoxo
  • Elisa and Matt

Elisa and Matt · event on: 11/24/2012

Shelli is FANTASTIC!!!!!! She made every effort to make our vision a reality for my mom's 70th surprise birthday party. She made throwing this birthday a snap. She did the WHOLE thing... we actually felt guilty for not even lifting a finger. But Shelli was there every step of the way, never forgetting a thing. People RAVED about the decorations, centerpieces, food.... it was a perfect event. And when we set a budget, she respected that budget and didn't try to push the limits to have us go out of our comfort zone. She made it look like we spent WAY more on the party than we actually did! Now that is talent! It is a no brainer that we will use Shelli again. She was worth every penny..... look no further... Shelli is the BEST planner in Fresno.... I know from experience!

Sent on 01/14/2013

Shelli Armstrong Events's reply:

Elisa ~ you are too kind. Thank you for the rave review. I appreciate it so very much.

Rachel · Married on 08/21/2010

Mary and Shelli are incredible to work with!! They helped make every detail become a reality for our special day!

Sent on 06/03/2011

Shelli Armstrong Events's reply:

Rachel ~ such a sweet sweet heart and soul you have. We were so lucky to work with your family for two events!!! Will always remember how fun we had with all the hundreds and hundreds of guests you all had!!!! xoxo

Jenna · Married on 11/08/2008

Working with Shelli was an awesome experience. She truly allowed me and my family to have peace of mind on the big day. Shelli was able to take the few ideas I had and turn a boring banquet room into an entirely different space - it was unbelievable and perfect. I had seen Shelli's work several times before I got married and had complete confidence in her. She coordinated my friend's wedding and later her baby shower - each event had something special or unique that made it stand out. Definitely top-notch work.

Sent on 10/24/2011

Shelli Armstrong Events's reply:

Thank you for such a fantastic review! It really means alot to me. Your family means alot to me! I hope you know you are all continually in my prayers.
    I had such a fun time with you planning your wedding ~ can't believe it's coming up on 3 years!!!! Wow!
    Love ya girl!! xoxo

Erin · Married on 05/19/2007

All-around amazing! The best event planner in the Central Valley. Has great relationships with vendors and always stayed on top of everything.

Sent on 03/20/2013

Shelli Armstrong Events's reply:

Erin, you are so appreciated. i'll never forget you, your family or your amazing wedding. Happy almost Anniversary, by the way!! Love you! xoxo

Patty · Married on 06/24/2006

Shelli is amazing! She is such a talented and creative wedding planner. She made our wedding so stress free and enjoyable. It was absolutely gorgeous! Shelli has a warm personality and really takes the time to listen to her clients. She is committed to making her work professional and perfect!

Sent on 09/01/2011

Shelli Armstrong Events's reply:

Patty ~ you're so sweet! Thank you so very much for the kind words. Much appreciated. Your family rocks and will forever hold a soft spot in my heart! xoxo