Sheldon Concert Hall Reviews

Sheldon Concert Hall 4
Sheldon Concert Hall 5
Sheldon Concert Hall 6

Beca · Married on 09/30/2016

The place is beautiful! Rachael & her staff are incredible! Perfect place for our perfect day

Kara and Joe · Married on 03/19/2016

Rachel was amazing to work with once my husband and I walked into The Sheldon Concert Hall. She was able to tell us the history of the building which was a really neat feature. My husband and I are both catholic, however, we did not want to be married in a church. We wanted a more modern feel but with some tradition as well. When we saw the concert hall at The Sheldon, we feel in love. The stained glass windows, the wood auditorium seating and the stage were amazing. It felt like a church with the modern touch. At this point, we were so amazed! Then, we went upstairs to the ballroom that was incredible. The wood beams with lights were amazing, the wood floors and it had a stage for our band. It was the perfect place to have our reception. My husband and I decided to do a more informal reception. We didn't have a sit down dinner or buffet, we did passed appetizers. The Sheldon made an incredible floor plan that worked with our image. The bar service was amazing. Their "house" bar had incredible choices. They provide a kitchen for the caterer so your food will stay warm. There was enough room for our photo booth, coffee station and dessert station as well in the reception hall. Also, the bride and groom room were amazing! They were beautiful to take pictures in and were huge! We had so many compliments about our wedding. It was different, but extremely wonderful. We wouldn't of changed a thing. If you want an amazing wedding that your guests will love, book The Sheldon! You won't be disappointed. Thank you Rachel for everything you did for Joe and I!

Jenna · Married on 10/17/2015

My husband and I fell in love with The Sheldon Concert Hall when we were scoping out venues for our October 2015 wedding. A quick Wikipedia search will tell you that The Sheldon has the reputation as "The Carnegie Hall of St. Louis." If history and architecture are important to you in a unique wedding venue, The Sheldon is really the perfect place to get married. The concert hall has perfect acoustics, so no need for a microphone to say your vows; in fact, speakers such as Albert Einstein, Dwight Eisenhower and Ernest Hemingway have all spoken from the stage. There is an elegant room with marble accents and a chandelier for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready in, and a sophisticated-looking green room for the men that reminded me of Sherlock Holmes' living room. We loved working with the Event Director Rachel and the Event Assistant/our day-of coordinator Cacia. They were both very friendly and quick to respond to any questions or requests that we had. We got married in the concert hall, followed by cocktail hour in the atrium. Our reception was in the stunning ballroom. Cacia made sure everything ran smoothly the day of our wedding.

If you do plan to have your wedding at The Sheldon, one thing to keep in mind is that The Sheldon has to have its concert schedule laid out before you can book a wedding for that year. So, you may not be able to book the exact date that you want depending on the concert schedule, and you may have to wait to book until the concert schedule is complete even if you know you want the venue a year in advance. Rachel was very easy to work with through this process, though. We had an amazing wedding and we HIGHLY recommend The Sheldon!!

I can't say enough about the Sheldon Concert Hall. Such a unique and beautiful venue. We had our ceremony in the concert hall, cocktail hour in the atrium/art gallery, and our reception in the ballroom. Having three spaces within one venue was great and there were also rooms for us to get ready in. All that space for the price we paid was very reasonable! The Event Director Rachel was such a joy to work with. She was super responsive and always very courteous and helpful. Cacia the Event Assistant was also always easy to work with and very helpful. Our coordinator the day of, Sue, was another wonderful person to work with. The whole staff at the Sheldon helped make the day run so smoothly. I have no complaints with the Sheldon and highly recommend it for those looking for a unique space where the whole day can be held.

Elissa · Married on 06/21/2015

The Sheldon was perfect. Rachel and her team were highly responsive, professional and knowledgeable about everything. The staff they hired for the wedding day was top notch - the bartenders were fun and super helpful. The top floor ballroom is a beautiful space with excellent acoustics. If you have a live band, I cannot imagine a better space for your wedding. I was 100% satisfied with everything at the Sheldon, and I recommend the venue whole heartedly and without reservation.

I"m so glad we went with Sheldon Concert Hall for our wedding venue. Everything was perfect and working with Rachel was so easy! I have event planning background and actually learned a lot from how Rachel handled our wedding. It was a breeze! Thank you, Sheldon Concert Hall!

Emily · Married on 01/10/2015

We found the Sheldon Concert Hall to be the perfect venue for our wedding. It is a unique space that can accommodate a large number of guests. The style of the building is absolutely beautiful! The art galleries also add an extra element that no other venue will have. I could not have been happier with our choice and Rachel was the best!

Carole · Married on 11/08/2014

We had our wedding at the Sheldon Concert Hall in the Louis Spiering Room and it was absolutely amazing. Rachel Bolland, the event coordinator, was very knowledgeable about the space, the venue, very easy to get in touch with, quick in responding to emails and phone calls, and she suggested some awesome vendors that we used for our wedding (Russo's Catering and Millennium Lighting). She is one of the main reasons we chose the Sheldon. She was in our court from start to finish. She was very realistic about pricing and gave us insight to what type of bar package we should choose, and she helped us utilize the entire Louis Spiering Room. Rachel is able to take your ideas and bring them to life. We changed the lay out for our reception roughly 4 times and during our walk through she took a piece of paper and laid out the entire reception and cocktail area complete with standing cocktail tables, seated cocktail tables, photo booth, gift table, bar, lighting, bridal party tables and buffet tables. The same day her assistant emailed the finalized layout to our Caterer (Russo's Catering), our Florist (Botanical's Design Studio), Goodeye Photoshare and myself. I wish I was able to give the Sheldon more than 5 stars, if you want to have a memorable experience and have the confidence that your wedding or your event will go well and not have a worry in the world then you should choose the Sheldon. We had an absolute blast and more importantly our guests enjoyed themselves.

Beth · Married on 05/03/2014

I had my wedding at the Sheldon Concert Hall & Ballroom on 5/3/14. It was a perfect venue for our special day. We were looking for a space that would allow us to hold the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception in one place and the Sheldon was a perfect choice. We had about 160 guests that fit perfectly in the Ballroom reception space. There is also parking available and it's wheelchair accessible. Rachel, the Director of Events, was fantastic to work with, very professional and helped meet all of our needs. I would highly recommend the Sheldon for your next event!

The Sheldon was an amazing place to have a wedding reception. Not only is the facility unique and beautiful, but Rachel is just amazing to work with. From our first conversation through to the end of the evening, she was very helpful, easy to communicate with and always willing to answer all my questions. Sue, our manager for the evening was terrific to work with also. She made sure that things ran smoothly and everything was handled so that I didn't have to worry about it.

The room was perfect for our event and easily accommodated 250 plus guests, a large wedding party (22), the buffet lines, 2 bars, DJ, gift table, and a photo booth, without being crowded! The reception was everything we hoped it would be in large part to the work of Rachel & Sue at the Sheldon! I highly recommend the Sheldon for any special event! Having vendors that are easy to work really made the planning and execution of the wedding and reception, amazingly easy! Great job. Thanks.

• Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 07/27/2013

The Sheldon Concert Hall was the perfect venue for my wedding. We had both the ceremony and the reception there. Everything was perfect. The event coordinator, Rachel, is very nice and helpful. She made sure all my questions were answered and helped me throughout the process. The day of staff were incredibly professional and kind. They clearly had a system down and were effective at implementing it.

The ceremony took place in the concert hall itself. Beautiful. After the ceremony, guests were shown to the atrium area for cocktail hour. They are also able to tour the art gallery, which we thought was a nice touch.

After cocktail hour they were escorted up the elevator to the Ballroom (the Sheldon has two reception rooms, we choose the Ballroom). The Ballroom is beautiful and is just the right size for our guests. They had plenty of room on the dance floor and the buffet and photo booth were off to the sides- easily accessible but not the center of attention!

They offer free parking, huge getting ready rooms for both the bride and the groom, and because there was not an event the night before, we were able to go early on Friday and drop all our stuff off and start setting up! The Friday staff were very helpful in making sure that everything was how I wanted it. That was a huge stress reliever. The day of, I just had to go get ready and not worry about a thing.

I had numerous guests compliment the venue. I highly recommend it!

• Dianna

Dianna · Married on 06/22/2013

We hosted our wedding reception on the 4th Floor Ballroom at the Sheldon. We couldn't have chosen a better place to celebrate! Our event manager (Rachel) was wonderful to work with and always responded in a quick manner. She would go out of her way to make sure that we had the things that we needed for our big day and never once hesitated to show us the Ballroom and the rest of the hall (many times prior to the wedding). As well, our event facility manager and his crew were professional, attentive, friendly, and made sure the entire night went smoothly. If we had to do our wedding again, we would definitely choose the Ballroom all over again!

Blair · Married on 11/03/2012

I recently had my reception at the Sheldon Concert Hall and I cannot recommend it enough. From the beginning I knew I loved the look of the building and all our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception spots. The price is always something to consider but you definitely get what you pay for. It was so well organized and everything went off without a hitch. Rachel Bolland was amazing and helped with all my questions and our day of coordinator and Sue was the biggest help. We had a few little dilemmas or requests that popped up and all I had to do was ask for help and it was completely taken care of. No stress for me! I highly recommend the Sheldon if you are looking for an all inclusive venue with a classically beautiful look! I had so much fun and everyone at our ceremony and reception raved about it!

Stacey · Married on 03/03/2012

I fell in love with the Sheldon when I went to look at it as a possible ceremony and reception venue. Once I took my fiance back to see it we knew that's where we had to have it.

I began working with Laurie Hasty when we first booked the venue and I would agree with the other reviews that she was difficult to work with and didn't really answer questions we had. Lucky for me a couple of months before the wedding she was no longer there. We then worked with Rachel in planning. She was so easy to work with and very quick to respond to emails and calls. I hope she stays in the position or they find someone as good as her to fill it as she was a delight to work with!

Our wedding and reception could not have turned out any more perfect or beautiful. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a reception venue or who wants to do everything in one place. We chose the full Sheldon wedding which included the ceremony in the concert hall, cocktail hour in the art gallery and the reception in their ballroom. It was amazing. I wish we could do it all over again! Highly recommended.

Chloe · Married on 09/09/2017

The Sheldon was an amazing venue for both the ceremony and reception! Rachel and the other staff were so helpful and willing to answer every small question we had for the entire year leading up to the big event. You have to use their alcohol and catering choices, which we were concerned about at first, but it all ended up being great. We highly recommend this venue!

Sheldon Concert Hall 7
    Sheldon Concert Hall 8
    Sheldon Concert Hall 9
    Sheldon Concert Hall 10
    Sheldon Concert Hall 11
    Sheldon Concert Hall 12
  • User6719403 · 2+ years ago

The Sheldon was the perfect location for our wedding reception! We were in the Ballroom on the top floor and it could not have been a prettier place for the party. It was perfectly fit for our guest count (155) and fit all of the guest tables, catering tables, photobooth, and dance floor! Plus, the stage was the ideal venue for the band. Rachel and Cacia were amazing to work with - very responsive and helpful with all of my last minute questions. I was at ease, knowing that the night would go smoothly and that they would be there is I needed anything...including band aids (dancing can be intense!).
    While The Sheldon was a little on the pricier side and we devoted a lot of our budget to it (the bar amount is included, since The Sheldon handles that on site), it was all worth it to have a location spot that 1) not many of our guests had experienced before and 2) is gorgeous and so well organized. We are already making plans to celebrate our 1 year anniversary by seeing a show at The Sheldon :)

Laura · Married on 07/11/2015

3.5

We had our wedding at The Sheldon Concert Hall. The ceremony was in the concert hall, cocktail hour in the atrium/art gallery, and the reception in the Ballroom. Everything flowed perfectly and the night was amazing. Rachel and Cacia were always available throughout the planning process and the night of the wedding. I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants their special day to be very memorable and beautiful.

Lisa · Married on 11/11/2017

Gorgeous building.... inside and outside. Columns and windows and staircases and balcony views of the Basilica. The staff at the Sheldon were easy to work with and accommodating. We hosted our event in the Louis Spearing room (I probably spelled that wrong) but the room was perfect for us... brick walls and gorgeous sunset... The vendors we used were Walter Knoll Florist and Russo's Catering and also Complete weddings for the photographer and DJ. Florist and caterer were exceptional. For complete weddings we didn't get the photographer we hired which was sad and reflected in the pictures but the DJ was amazing! The Sheldon sets a nice table. I would recommend them again and again. The building is fabulous and the staff are courteous and professional.
    Lisa Davidson Mother of the Bride

Mansi · event on: 05/25/2014

Great venue! All our guests loved it. Classic and beautiful.

Tyler · Married on 04/04/2015

The Sheldon is a great place for a wedding. I love the "Sheldon Wedding" package which includes the ceremony in the concert hall, cocktail hour in the art gallery, then the reception in the ballroom. I love that all the events could be at one location. This is a beautiful spot located in downtown Saint Louis. The only thing I didn't like was their list of preferred caterers was small and all out of my budget. I was able to choose my own caterer, however they charged an addition $3 per person for using an "unauthorized caterer". Also, all alcohol had to be provided by The Sheldon (which makes sense because they do hold the liquor license) but I did think it was a little pricey. All in all, I would recommend this place for anyone looking for a beautiful and elegant wedding venue.

Mariah · Married on 10/15/2016

4.2
      3.5

We booked the Spiering room for our reception of ~200 guests. The room seems huge, but it ended up being the perfect amount of space! Rachel and Cacia were great to work with and very responsive. Rachel was there throughout the entire reception to make sure things went smoothly, which I really appreciated on the day of. The Sheldon offered a wide range of caterers, from very expensive to more reasonable. We looked at several other venues that were equally as nice as the Sheldon, but their preferred caterers were all way out of our price range. Rachel reassured us that all of their caterers were great, regardless of price and highly recommended Catering Your Way by Lisa. We did a buffet and got SO many compliments on how good the food was! Literally SO many. The only reason I am not giving the Sheldon a 5 is because there was some construction going on in one of the parking lots that the Spiering room overlooks. In the grand scheme of things, it really didn't affect our day, but the Sheldon wasn't willing to negotiate price or do very much to lessen the "look" of the construction. That being said, Rachel tried to be flexible with us in decorating the room, etc. Overall, a really great experience! Had the perfect wedding day :)

Diana · Married on 08/29/2015

3.8
      2.5

We were seeking a venue that would fit our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception beautifully in one building, all inside. The Sheldon certainly delivered! The concert hall is stunning with original hardwood and gorgeous stained glass. The art gallery and existing bar provide a natural setting for a chic cocktail hour. The ballroom (we used the smaller room) is wonderful, with more hardwood, Christmas lights, and a stage for the band. We loved it! Their packages are relatively strict and they do not sway from them. They were not able to let us know if the girls could get ready on-site until two weeks before the wedding, which made scheduling with our hair and make-up professionals a little trickier. All in all, a beautiful venue, particularly for couples who wish to keep everything in one building and don't want to risk hosting any part of the celebration outdoors.

Justin · Married on 11/26/2011

1.6
      2.0
      2.5
      2.0
      1.0

Working with Laurie Hasty at the Sheldon was the worst part of our wedding planning. I regret we didn't read more reviews online before we gave a deposit check. She seems to be the only one who works with event rental space and doesn't want to work with you until the Monday before the event. I don't know what we would have done without a wedding coordinator to deal with her and create floor plans, coordinate rentals, etc. Our requests were treated as burdens by Laurie. The staff the night of our reception was great, but I can't say I would do it again. Also note their Executive Director never returned my call when I left a voicemail to express my concerns.

Ashley · Married on 09/10/2011

1.4
      3.0
      1.0

We booked the Sheldon for our September 2011 wedding back in March 2010. Laurie, the coordinator, is a very difficult person to work with. Her communication was awful. She told me that she would get back to me in April 2010 on some questions I asked her, and I never heard from her again. Their contract is horrendous. It doesn't include the stipulations that they actually have for the venue, and Laurie didn't disclose those stipulations until after the contract was signed, despite multiple questions on the subject. They require union vendors, and the lighting vendor that they require was extremely rude to us. We cancelled the Sheldon as it caused far more headache than it was worth, and, of course, we were unable to recoup our 1200 deposit.